Weekly Yea Forums creation thread

Or /coc/ thread if that's what you look for in the catalog.

Wiki:
the-conservatory.fandom.com/wiki/The_Yea Forumsnservatory_Wiki

Past threads:
desuarchive.org/co/search/text/the-conservatory wiki/type/op/

Attached: 1649303110453.jpg (708x1039, 228.24K)

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.plus4chan.org/coc/
pastebin.com/P39W3DAr
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>How does this work?

>It works like a community toy chest. In the /coc/ threads you are free to post whatever ideas/settings/characters you want, but you have to be OK with other people playing with them (tweaking them, putting them in stories, using them for things, etc.)
>There's no guarantee that what you post will catch on either.

>If the OC you are posting is YOURS for something you are personally doing, then it would go to the "How is your webcomic?" threads.
>If you just want feedback on an OC of yours, then it would go in the "donut steel" threads or drawthreads.

If the thread dies suddenly or you still want to discuss something when there's no thread:
boards.plus4chan.org/coc/

Last time:

-New character ideas
-Progress continued on THEFAPV comic
-Design tweaks to Bronze Buster's colors
-Bullion script writing
-AI live-action portraits
-Case of the Clownapped Crusaders progress
-JackHammer design polishing
-Other stuff I didn't mention

Thread is late today because I wasn't going to make it until I got back from all the Easter stuff.

Attached: 1649349376532.jpg (879x774, 81.44K)

Saw someone suggest this in the last thread

Attached: Codie armored.png (650x792, 356.04K)

Yeah, I'm in the middle of Easter stuff now as well.

T'was me

I was hoping GG would wear that. Looks nice on her too though.

Found it!
Happy Easter!

Attached: Audrey's Egg Hunt.png (4856x5882, 1.08M)

Can I ask you guys a question?

Yeah?

Cool.

I put all of the Bullion scripts so far into the pastebin just to make reading it easier.

pastebin.com/P39W3DAr

Attached: 1649467065433.png (2036x2529, 867.56K)

no, but go ahead

Spring is in the air.
an Extra

Attached: Spring GG.png (5466x6040, 832.33K)

Nice side boob.

Yea Forums is moving fast tonight.

Attached: 1648510664876.jpg (1011x1484, 145.49K)

Extremely fast, even.

Most probably don't even know the thread was made with how late in the day it happened.

I'm still brainstorming over how to tackle Iris in Bullion.

I think they're college room mates iirc?

Attached: airis.png (512x512, 222.03K)

Attached: Codie Easter.png (1152x1608, 534.2K)

I remember that idea, but it's not listed in the notes I have and Audrey has an apartment at the start of Bullion #1.

Maybe they become roommates later.

Is Iris asian or is she white? I'm just curious.

You weren't kidding. Page 10 in thirty minutes.

Wouldn't it be easier if she just lived in a dorm on the college campus? I mean I'm just saying.

Yeah, it seems odd that she'd go to college in another city and still live off-campus.

"Iris Lodell" sounds pretty non-Asian to me. I think it's the angular glasses that fool people.

OR here
Thanks for making it

Sex sells
But it oddly enough doesn't sell enough comics

Makes sense to me that she'd have her own apartment. Like a college flat.
She has Sarah Sterling as her guardian and she still wants to keep her identity as Bullion a secret. Having Iris as her roommate would make that impossible, or escalatingly implausible and lengthy to explain.

She's white that gets retconned to half-asian sometime in the late 70s in a misguided attempt to cash in on the kung fu craze.

We already have the twins for that.

But he's pretty spot on with the meta of it

It all boils down to if you can make it funny.

With anything in /coc/ in general, I prefer to avoid mimicking things done in the real world industry which I don't get any entertainment from.
So Iris being turned into a half-Asian isn't something I would do.
Not unless one of the code fragments somehow turn her into an Asian caricature for an issue.

It's a joke based on the fact that her being somewhat Asian coded was always in the background a little.

Attached: 3beca62e4744b2eaf436783132913a48d063ae74.png (1125x1745, 158.48K)

It should be this IMO. The whole point is that she's striking out on her own and doing Peter Parker esque college adventures. Having her live on the teat of her mentor runs counter to that.
But they way I figure it, people are gonna go with whatever they want.

Probably have an apartment

I'm trying to think of what should happen with Iris on the college campus.

If she's possessed by the code, then it feels repetitive since Billy also had to deal with a malevolent possession.
It could be a hive mind situation with other people being controlled, hunting her down.
Or maybe she has also noticed the disappearances and is creating cracks the more she tries to make other people notice the abductions and remember them. It is the 60s, so I feel there would've been a bra burning on campus and the code would've tried to disappear it to make things stay stuck in the 50s.

The whole Ebony Editor thing has very little to go on for how it comes into being. I imagine it starting off as like a small blob of ink that mimics faces, this being after it is infected with humanity. Being given humanity doesn't mean anything without experiences since humanity runs the gauntlet of good to evil.

But how do we cause to come into existence and what do they do with it afterwards? Keep it in a jar?

It honestly doesn't really matter but I just would think she have her own dorm in a higher up estate or something fancy where she's with the classier rich students since her guardian Silver Queen is loaded which is why she can afford to live there. Again it doesn't matter since the plot will focus mainly in the city from here.

Yeah I get what you mean. Be interesting though if she'd still became roommates with her but at that point of being Bullion it wouldn't matter anymore since the code is already being disrupt.

Options G and J are my favorite of the symbols

So basically after they've become friends.
Feels like Iris would also help out with Audrey adjusting to the bracers.

Thought there was no thread today. Bit late right now, but I’ll check it tomorrow

Yeah, rather than start the thread and not be able to post in it for 9 hours because of Easter, I decided to wait until I got home to make it.

We shall see if the thread makes it to tomorrow.

And goodnight everyone.

I think maybe a symbol would work better on her chest and a B could adorn both sleeves.

It might

I kinda like the idea of her being a hapa

good nite and a bump

this is a good call

Where did you guys learn to draw?
I tried learning to draw this year and it's really not going well at all.

Attached: charge.jpg (756x451, 51.81K)

probably not the answer you want to hear but i had basic and advanced drawing in college. helped me get my shit together in drawing

i did start out however with how to draw manga booklets

after those drawing courses i tried to do self study, not really pro level but for a hobbyist... it's okay?

I've been drawing since a child, so a long time. I did go to college, but it never really helped honestly. Literal waste of money.

With that said, I've seen people shoot up from zeros to heroes in a short amount of time with the right commitment.

From what I've seen people can become competent in a short amount of time and then the incline becomes steeper and steeper as you move on to pro level. Some people have an easier time moving upward from there, some get stuck on the plateau.

Attached: cd2u4mgjrex51.jpg (1308x937, 84.68K)

Let's hope the thread garners some interesting discussions then.

Fast morning too.

Attached: 1649108303851.png (800x600, 26.21K)

Either way she is very cute! I like the idea of her being part asian

Attached: co 1649745354798.jpg (848x1200, 316.8K)

Attached: 1649628988542.jpg (872x900, 724.29K)

Attached: 2020FEB22_kungfu_coc_doodle_wip.jpg (1200x848, 211.25K)

Attached: GG Bump.gif (1500x1000, 494.86K)

The uncommon confident Colby.

So will there be a new script in this thread?

Attached: ai sq.png (512x512, 277.87K)

Depends on how much feedback I can get.
If I have a solid order of events, then I can come up with all sorts of things on the fly going from one beat to the next.

And with how fast the board is moving, that feels unlikely.