Why does everybody suddenly hate "I Was a Teenage Gary"? Did Mr. Eneter or some other youtuber tell everyone to hate it?

Why does everybody suddenly hate "I Was a Teenage Gary"? Did Mr. Eneter or some other youtuber tell everyone to hate it?

Attached: 1460938257123.jpg (474x356, 15.66K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/x7e5j2QpIo8
youtu.be/OaGOhwuTfKw
youtu.be/KN24Hm5CSHw
youtu.be/0A67YpUs6sQ
youtu.be/3vKsuvm6HVo
youtu.be/2L0G2G4V3T4
youtu.be/lFbPi8o0OEU
youtube.com/watch?v=995PwpslwS8
youtu.be/spzMHubVzgU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I think it's just backlash from people finding out the missing Squidward transformation scene never actually existed.

>Mr. Enter
Fuck you obsessed autistic zoomer, Pieguyrulz hated first it back in 2012.

>Pieguyrulz
Literally who

Explain, please.

>CRAWLING IN MY CRAWL!!!

>N

Attached: file.png (500x989, 409.81K)

HE SAID NIGGER

Attached: pointing.png (683x559, 547.16K)

This episode made me uncomfortable as a kid.

It's the only Spongebob episode that genuinely creeps me out. Just the idea of turning into your pet and having no sentience left.

>no one can dislike things on their own, it's all because of some retarded e-celeb telling them to hate it

The rock bottom episode was by far the scariest. Even as an adult I get a chill, probably residual. Also, Squidward going to the world between time where he's all alone. It reminds me of my hallucinations when I had a fever.

Well, there's nothing wrong with the ep so if people suddenly start to hate it that's very suspicious.

>"N is for..."
This can't be real

I know the song but c'mon

The scary episodes were so much fun. I remember rewatching Rock Bottom with my younger cousin multiple times in a row. There was something really special about the art direction in season 1.
If you think that's bad then look up the Spongebob Memorial Day tweet

>Spongebob Memorial Day tweet
Oh my god

Attached: 1647453801726.png (500x500, 390.14K)

there are no bad Season 1 eps

Did you take the bus as a child? I did, and my greatest fear was missing it, or not getting off at the right place.
I agree, user.

youtu.be/x7e5j2QpIo8
youtu.be/OaGOhwuTfKw
youtu.be/KN24Hm5CSHw
youtu.be/0A67YpUs6sQ
youtu.be/3vKsuvm6HVo
youtu.be/2L0G2G4V3T4
Season 1 is so good

>Did you take the bus as a child?
No, I lived in suburbia with poor public transportation. I can't think of any cartoons I watched that played off the creepiness of the suburbs but oh boy did the game Psychonauts make up for them

Season 2 is the best

It is but season has its own look and comedic rhythm

>memorial day tweet
I dont get it
Is this something only offensive to amerimutts?

The lost media community was lead on a wild goose chase because multiple people "remembered" a scene where Squidward transformed into his snail version after being injected with the shot. It was rumored to have been cut due to scaring kids, but after years of searching finally a recording of the original airing surfaced showing the scene never existed. Plus one of the storyboard artists later pics and the supposed scene was never even storyboarded.

It's been hated for decades. But probably because it made people uncomfortable as kids with the weird transformation s lack of resolution.

there's plenty of mediocre Season 1 eps though

>it made kids uncomfortable
Imagine being a little bitch
Now the leopard seal from pingus night are? That's a real fuckin horror

I remember being scared of the...baffling in retrospect shadow/stormcloud rhino from James and the Giant Peach

Now that I'm an adult I'm thinking like:

How did a magic sky rhino kill his parents? Like what happened? I feel like I missed something

Never liked it. It wasn't funny, just weird.

James and the giant peach lives in my nightmares

Attached: When smug Europeans laugh at us.jpg (3072x1898, 246.18K)

Hey patrick i just thought of something funnier than 9/10
>9/11

I'm pretty sure it was a walrus. Also
>how dare people be scared of the WRONG things!

Actually PieGuy hated this one. Enter thought it was just Meh

No its confirmed a leopard seal. Everyone just thought walrus because walrus have whiskers and seals are pillows that eskimos beat up

>redditbob
Go back

Attached: shadow-the-hedgehog-gun.gif (498x375, 1.51M)

Nah it was a leopard seal. I remember that even as a kid

Go back Yea Forumsermin scum.

And that was enough for fans to turn on it? tf?

wtf I remember that happening though
we at least see squidward as a snail right?

>we at least see squidward as a snail right?
Yes. To be fair, it's not that implausible for 90s Spongebob. I'm also certain that a lot of us had surreal dreams from the whole sequence. Dreams that could be mistaken for memory fragments.

>It's been hated for decades.
No.

Forced meme.

It's not dreams. You just remember Squidward turning into a snail but don't remember how it happened exactly so you assume there was a scene. But there isn't. So the next step is admitting you misremembered or deciding the episode was tampered with. With enough people claiming the latter, more people were likely to see and believe this based on their own fragmented memories.

You probably remember this
youtu.be/lFbPi8o0OEU
I never remember him transform on screen but just see squidward singing as a snail.

It funnier showing him like that than transforming then singing.

I don't know, user. I had a dream that there was a monster in bikini bottom called a sea squid, and it would sleep in a big room full of pillows (like the baby room from Spirited Away) and occasionally wake up to kill various Spongebob characters. It felt so real.
Then I woke up and wondered what kind of name "sea squid" is

>suddenly

I don't think that episode was ever popular, and any time it was brought up it was to talk shit about it.

I've heard people say it was scary but not bad. It's usually included in classic Spongebob horror kino

>Shadowanon

Attached: 1394855514119.jpg (179x164, 10.68K)

I alwaus fond it too creepy and disturbing. If I watch spongebob i want to have a good time, not dread.

It's pretty funny up until the transformation happens. At which point it's not really going for laughs so it stops getting them.
It's not a Hate Worthy episode but it's definitely its own experimental beast compared to more approachable entries of the time.

I always liked the episode, especially the ending

It is just me or was this particular episode never on? Its the only episode from the earlier seasons that I just don't remember ever seeing much.

It only aired for Halloween.

I forget about stuff like that pearl episode but the gems are genuine classics so it evens out

>guy who unironically watches pieguy having the balls to call anyone else autistic

I don't even find the episode itself that unsettling but damn listening to the song in the dark at night is actually kinda unsettling
youtube.com/watch?v=995PwpslwS8

>suddenly
The episode is a fever dream. Hate is a strong word, Maybe loathe? Either way I can see the hatred. Its not an episode I ever want to watch again.

Attached: 1533706303017.png (317x266, 71.93K)

In a related sense, does anyone remember a driving school episode where spongebobs doing his driving school stuff and then there’s a brief cut of a drag race crash? Shit made me lol hard at the time, but I never saw it again, someone please tell that fond memory wasn’t a dream

youtu.be/spzMHubVzgU
Kek found it

>Zoomers on Twitter are now lumping seasons 4-5 of Spongebob with the "Classic era", apparently blissfully unaware that seasons 4-5 were widely considered big shits by fans when they first aired

What happened?

Attached: S4.jpg (1508x2122, 348.62K)

>Its not an episode I ever want to watch again.
It's not that bad you big baby.