How and Why did he remove the Omnitrix as a kid?

How and Why did he remove the Omnitrix as a kid?

Attached: B10R1_%28396%29.png (1000x563, 366.22K)

might be because of losing Feedback, but i like to think as he grew older it was hard to keep a social life with the omnitrix.
as for how, they probably used some plumber technology but it was a hard process because gwen said "after all the trouble you went through after taking it off last time"

Ptsd from becoming a time bomb probably

>Ben 10
What a quitter

Attached: mfw Ben 10.jpg (469x472, 34.59K)

The intent in OV was that it was feedback, so i'd go with that.

he seemed fine in the omniverse 11 year old flashbacks

Ben never jobs like all GLs do. GL should be as strong as Superman yet he gets got by weaker does often

Thats my headcanon that Feedback was the reason and would had made so much sense but network meddling

Attached: Screenshot_1.png (828x91, 18.1K)

I love ben, but he has defintely jobbed, just to make rook or gwen or Kevin useful.

But its true that it happens wayyy more eften with GL.

That we saw

A better question would be why didn't this fucker send Kevin back after him once he learned that the Omnitrix was removed?

Attached: ServantisFull2.png (360x360, 72.17K)

Motherfucker waited almost two years and for ben to save the universe like 6 times

Bump

Wait what? I always thought that was the implication with how the Malware arc framed it

They just never got the ending of it I guess.

Just watched Kuro’s latest breakdown and I think that people who say that the franchise/Ben’s character took a nose dive don’t get that Ben is just a normal guy. He has flaws and strengths, it’s just that writers will unfortunately over do it in certain series’.

I think the problem comes that seeing a character (at least in theory) mature is a very natural arc, and then to see that degrees and flip flop depending on the writers harms the overall investment.

Ben reverting back to his immature self isn't really that weird. He stepped up to the plate when Modo Sexo wasn't available and relaxed when everything went back to normal.

In the new series sequel(To the Classic Ben 10 Series), he won't have taken it off(Though it will have altered form and shape to match his aging to eleven years old and his new clothes).

He’s always been shown to be cocky, headstrong, and a genuinely kind and good person. Sometimes he’s gonna act goofy because, well he’s a little goofy. And when talking about AF, he had a consistent enemy in the Highbreed so he was always in “serious business” mode. But in OS to OV it’s more random encounters with villains so we see Ben act more casually because this is just typical hero work. Especially in OV since he’s now been doing this for the better part of his life, and even then he can still get serious when it’s called for. What I’m really trying to get at is the writers made Ben realistically react to things most of the times. Sometimes he hates being famous, other times he relishes in it. But he’ll always try to do the right thing

Pardon ?

I mean he was already more mature before he got the omnitrix back, and he regresses harder than when he actually was 10.
Sounds like fanfic lol.

Attached: 4162f679e6f9b90c5f754b9c934897a0660f1fbbe2122b78a9887ecb2395da15_1.jpg (531x674, 38.81K)

Yeah exactly that’s what I was talking about. I always thought that Ben would naturally mature into his OV personality much quicker if the Highbreed thing didn’t go down, that kind of laid back confident hero persona he has fits much more than stoic and steadfast all the time

Idk user, i'd rather not have a protagonist who can be more often than not obnoxious (AFS3 onwards Ben), it is something that while annoying at least made sense in OS when he was 10 but the more they try to keep it when he keeps learning the same lessons the weaker a character ben becomes.

Attached: tumblr_0065d45e4e3924fe0d1fc1ed58adad99_ceb11d5b_500.png (401x401, 128.14K)

i love the roots retconn but Servantis is easily one of the worse characters in the franchise.

Man totally in the opposite camp, I think the rooters retcon is very stupid but that the idea behind servantis was genius in theory.

I’m not trying to say this is a perfect thing they’ve done with him. But I’d say more often than not Ben is pretty good. And he really only did the “learn the same lessons” in OS. In OV all he really “learns” is just getting used to Rook now that Gwen and Kevin are gone

It’s called patience user

I dunno, i explictly remember him re-learning a bunch of OS lessons in OV and in UAF post season 3. I feel like Ben being a bit cockier would work better if he actually lived up to his own hype in terms of skill more often.

user come on now, his insistence on regularly turning into fucking jetray of all things just to amp up the drama of an episode proves that's wrong.

I’m going through the series again, maybe I’ll come around to your thinking. But I what’s thought Ben’s real “skill” with the omnitrix was just being able to adapt to how glitchy the thing acts sometimes

I feel that is just a very artificial way to inflate tension, which by ua (let alone OV) was already pretty old. I do think that when the shows let ben be skilled they really shine.

There were better ways to make teenage Ben not extremely boring without giving him brian damage. Seriously the writers were incompetent.

You know what, i dont think AF s1-2 ben was particularly boring. And even afterwards he can be a fun character, its just that the investment is shot when a character regresses so obviously.

>i dont think AF s1-2 ben was particularly boring
You'd be wrong then, the writing was as dry as stale bread.

I dunno, he certainly had his moments and not wanting to resolve everything by hitting it hard like a literal caveman was a plus.

Then again, every time I rewatch OS I find kid ben to be more annoying so that can play into it too. Altough that's also due to just how repetitive he can get as a character there.

Attached: 3092d3dbb109d812b7172148ca00b324.jpg (871x1087, 98.35K)

Sometimes I can't Kuro seriously with his opinions. This guy really gave the Alan ep a 25/25

Funny enough, the only time I found Ben's character shift jarring was right after the timeskip. I liked UA established the reason why Ben acts immature most of the time.

>You think I don't know? When it's hero time, if I mess up, somebody could die. From what you told me, if we mess up this time, everybody could die... Maybe that's too much to have in your head when you have to win. Maybe if I pretend everything is a big joke, when the time comes, I'll be able to do what I have to do.

Kid Ben told Teen Kevin this in The Forge of Creation episode

You mean you cant take Kuro seriously. :p.

I can get him some of the time, even if I don't agree. Then again I'm usually more critical of all the shows than he is.

Its a solid reasoning, but it does kinda come a bit late after we've seen the character shift.

Anyway S2 finale breakdown tomorrow. I wished he did both eps in one video but at least we don't have wait a week for it.

Also, has anyway else noticed that Kuro looks depressed in AF S2 breakdowns. He doesn't seems as happy as the previous ones even though we are in kino territory

Attached: Screenshot_2.png (927x377, 222.17K)

That really weird coming from a 10 year old.

Well, the dials on DC's threats do go up to 11, after all.

The watch reverts him to whatever he was before putting it on. Its impossible to get older whilst wearing it.

I can get why . It builds some supsnes, but he also did like 3 in one last time.

I guess its kind of like a job, and he has to pump out so many. And he has all of UA and OV still to cover.

Then again I rewatch all the series yearly and its always good fun for me.
Fuck you I saw what you did there.

if the original timeline is ever properly revisited they should just retcon that retcon of a retcon, really lean hard into how incomprehensible of a mess Kevin's backstory is

I'm also re-watching. OS was a fun ride to relive. Just finished AF S1 today, I'm planning finish the rest tomorrow. AF S3 and UA will be interesting to go through but I can't wait to get to OV. And I might watch the reboot specials as well/

anons, did he deserved the power to make story decisions even though he was the art director?

Attached: FHjrF9zXMAQNwOg.png (300x390, 198.17K)

Attached: ben 10 utrom.png (536x800, 89.62K)

Yes.

A brand new retcon..idk agreggor is actually kevin's dad and he brainwashed servantis himself!!
I have not seen the reboot specials as much, I think the first one is when they peaked sadly.

I have my criticisms of OS's hyper formulaic nature or AF's kinda wonky pacing for a narrative driven show. :p
I love his character designs (only ever disliked bulky chill and swampfire) but idk, I think it was as much a hindrance to OV but it also gave it its own identitiy.

I think the worst reason of letting him be involved with the story was that he was a fan of OS and didn't really cared about UAF causing a potential bias

Funny thing is that he did some concept art for UAF, but the bias was very heavily swayed against UA in particular.

Also for some reason that meant the incurseans got way too much spotlight for joke villains and that rath got used as the bottom of jokes.

Kinda neat design.

The shades are a nice touch

I think the episode said Servantis just never bothered after he took it off and he only came back for him after he put it back on since in-universe, Omniverse is in the the same year as UA where his identity becomes public.

>Omniverse is in the same year as UA
That makes sense but feels weird for some reason

It could technically be in the year after but before his birthday (since it's in December) but yeah it feels really strange keeping Omniverse Ben as 16 years old

Was there any real reason why he had so much power? Is it cause he worked on OS?

I seem to remember multiple interviews where most of the crew seemed to acknowledge he had a good amount of understanding about the series lore and production which is why they kept asking him and letting him do stuff

I mean it makes more sense if it’s post Vilgax and Kevin team up. He’d been aware of the consequences of wearing the omnitrix by that point. And in the first episode he very earnestly says something like “If I can figure this thing out I can really help people”

He wasnt involved with OS .

Ok so I guess he was just absorbing knowledge like a sponge