I just... really fucking hate Star Vs. the Forces of Evil? I feel like I got meme'd into thinking it'd be good

I just... really fucking hate Star Vs. the Forces of Evil? I feel like I got meme'd into thinking it'd be good.
Look, I've watched Sugar's work. Steven Universe is often lumped into "the s 0 y trilogy" with this show and I honestly find that unfair and insulting to Sugar.
To call Star Vs. the Forces of Evil "farcical" would be to undercut the sheer magnitude of bullshit it employs. Plot threads that arise only to contrive one another. Hundreds of pages of nigh-endless, retconning lore that establish a lot of important, but ultimately pointless worldbuilding. All to justify the most interesting character spending most of his screentime lying in wait only to job to a Super Saiyan butterfly.

I mean, not to call /ourgirl/ Daron Nefcy a hack or anything, but her magnum opus just feels needlessly cryptic and tone-deaf. Don't get meme'd into watching it, it's Gravity Falls for people who hate fun.

Attached: 1649196666387.png (1125x1126, 782.99K)

>Look, I've watched Sugar's work. Steven Universe is often lumped into "the s 0 y trilogy" with this show and I honestly find that unfair and insulting to Sugar.
Who’s the other one

absolutely no one cares about Star ever since it's ended
it's kind of amazing
GF, RS, AT have followings of people who remember them or their golden years fondly
SU has a following of people who at least still discuss it
But Star seems to have been forgotten entirely outside of a butthurt shipfag or a /trash/ degenerate now and again

Not Adventure Time after Finncel

>our girl
Your girl. Have you seen what she looks like in real life? she looks like a mental retard and a child that didn't even learn anything in college.
Do colleges even teach writing and animation anymore or they all disbanded in 2008?

Now that newfags can just bingewatch the whole show in a matter of days, the long suffering of those who followed along and got disappointed in real time is all but moot.

I gotchu
>look in the sky is it a bird
>no it’s a plane
>NO IT’S NIGGERMAN
>(Bumdadadadumdadadumdumthup)
>(he starts flying down to see the problem)
>A yo something wrong citizens?
(How do you respond?)

Attached: 3A06C686-D374-4F7D-953A-6A7395E9C3F6.png (340x340, 80.2K)

If they couldn't tell the show was hot trash devoid of creativity and good writing after the first 7 episodes in S1 then they deserve their fate.
I will never understand their complaints about "it got worse as the seasons went on" when all these shows were written by mental retards. Honestly I would have preferred more Hannah Montana instead of this poor excuse for a compilation of cartoons. You have to be mentally retarded yourself and a gen-zer who doesn't know better in order to enjoy this garbage.

There are two other SVTFE threads on the board at this moment, so...

>No
Flys away

*lassos you*
Nigga go back to building my pyramids. >:(

I care about her only since the based ending if you know what I mean

I will under one condition fried chicken sandwiches, 100 thots , cash or no deal

What's wrong with those first 7 episodes? Explain yourself.

Attached: Screenshot_20220410-103559-619.png (720x1083, 451.07K)

Done.

>I just... really fucking hate Star Vs. the Forces of Evil?
You type like a woman

Fine heraesyou go nyaga

The first two seasons are actually really good. It works great as a wacky episodic comedy.

but season 3 and 4 turned it into an overly dramatic, season long story driven thing that toned down most of the comedy, removed all the wacky stuff and included lots of awkward angst. But doing that meant totally rewriting lots of the characters, most of all Star. She went from ditzy moron from a backwards world that didn't understand things to angsty moody weirdo. Also the villains turned from wacky comedic foils to a "let's talk about race" minority allegory.

The fun was sucked right the fuck out of the show.

blame Adventure Time and Steven Universe inventing these weird lore trends

Attached: 3B211074-2D00-4C0E-B2EF-50825C74C759.jpg (1600x1200, 229.15K)

You know why Between Friends is one of the only good things to come out of Star Vs.?
The real Star in the TV series is a self absorbed feminist wannabe. Area's Star actually cares about Marco beyond a physical attraction like Star has for Marco's abs. TV Star has no substance, just like her creator Daron Nefcy.

As St. John of the Cross once said,
>"Where there is no love, put love, and you will draw out love."

The very epitome of Starco's image as a cute and wholesome ship is no better personified than in Area's comic, creating an interpretation of the character that trumps canon and creates something beautiful where canon has failed to.

Attached: 1553042004863 (7).jpg (604x832, 167.17K)

Name five women who type like that

What did they do

take the fun out of animated shows, everything had to be deep lore with continuity and dumb love triangle shit

>yes, I love it when the show treats me like an idiot who doesn't remember anything! such as when two characters who had an adventure together act like they never met 10 episodes later!

way to miss a point retard

The show sucks, everyone knows it. It's not funny, or interesting, it's essentially just a gravity falls inspired knock off.

Yea Forums only likes it because of the smut.

It was good for at least 2-3 seasons, then took a nosedive.

>GF, RS, AT have followings of people who remember them or their golden years fondly
>But Star seems to have been forgotten entirely outside of a butthurt shipfag or a /trash/ degenerate now and again
That's because the highs of Star it harder than those shows, and so did the lows. Most people here remember the good times of seasons 1-2 and have moved on.

blessed

these threads suck
why don't you rate my crackship again

Attached: STARXKEVINOTPFORLYFE.png (869x950, 339.77K)

>really fucking hate Star
Why?(((

Attached: 1649614244583.jpg (735x720, 65.67K)

FASTER THAN A SPRINTING POLICEMAN.
MORE POWERFUL THAN MIKE TYSON
ABLE TO FLEE FROM CHILD SUPPORT IN A SINGLE SSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHIIIIIEEEEEEEEETTTTT
IT'S NIGGERMAN!

You only like between friends if you're a turbo virgin that missed out on teenage love

bruh

Attached: These fools I swear.png (784x637, 310.3K)

Phoneposter.

Fantasy sells. It's why you're here too, turbo virgin.

I'm here to talk about cartoons, not my wasted life full of missed opportunities like (you)

WHAT DO YOU MEAN TALK TO ME

You're funny, because I am successful, have been laid, and come here to troll coomer waifu virgins like [you].

Calm down fool I ain't mad. I think its cool.

Attached: Roastin pig.png (875x644, 501.19K)

I'm getting laid right now what are you going to do about it

Must be awkward. Put her on the line. Your Father and I would like to meet her.

you sound mad, you need a dick banana ice cream

she looks so anime here

>Look, I've watched Sugar's work. Steven Universe is often lumped into "the s 0 y trilogy" with this show and I honestly find that unfair and insulting to Sugar.
They deserved to be with each other. Both big shows which were mostly trash, but people only realized it when they fucked up royally at the end.
Owl House will be joining them soon.

what will happen to this board when all teenage protagonist shows are over

I just?

There’s nothing wrong with lore and continuity, it iust has to be done better. AT and SU and now Amphibia fails at this because it keeps dropping the ball on more interesting plot and character development in poor attempts to still be whimsical that don’t hit the marks like their first seasons do

Owl House literally dropped the ball in its first fucking season, I'm amazed that the shipping faggotry has managed to keep it afloat at all. Granted I saw what happened with Voltron too so I'm not all that amazed. I suspect that Owl House discussion will die abruptly with the show like Voltron discussion did.

Honestly now that SU isn't bogged down by constant hiatuses I've seen general sentiments towards the show become more positive lately. It's flawed as fucking shit and honestly I think people are too lenient on it myself, but it's been interesting to watch a case that feels like it's kind of the reverse of what happened with other 2010s lore-heavy shows.

>I've seen general sentiments towards the show become more positive lately
lol where?? I thought it's the opposite, even the LGBT community is turning against it

It's kind of reversed over the last year. The LGBT turn back has kind of fizzled out as the overall presence of the show has fizzled out itself. I'm not exactly the most active person in every single facet of sodomy on the internet, just this place, but from what I've seen people are focusing more on what characters they liked or what aspects of the show they enjoyed than its faults now. Probably has to do with the fandom getting quieter since there's so much less to discuss, which would add up because the SU fandom was a cancerous fucking trash fire.

so you mean no one but a few obsessed autists still talk about the show

Nah I still see pretty normal discussion from time to time, the hyper active fanbase seems relatively dead though. It'll eventually just become a few obsessed autists, as is the fate of any fandom without new releases or absolutely massive cultural stay.

>I'm not exactly the most active person in every single facet of sodomy on the internet, just this place,

Attached: batman smirk.jpg (628x479, 22.86K)

gee thanks

why can't that frog show with the brown girl join up there with owl house? it's also out of the top 10 watched show on disney +.

The Banagic Incident was a good episode
Why does everyone hate it

Adventure time was a victim of the exact same thing. It started out as a wacky episodic comedy, that later turned into a deep lore overly dramatic slog in the third season.

everyone hates it? how you know? i liked it even enjoyed it cause of the innuendo.

It was only kept afloat due to getting the twitter crowd to promote the fuck out of it.