Weekly Yea Forums creation thread

Or /coc/ thread if that's what you look for in the catalog.

Wiki:
the-conservatory.fandom.com/wiki/The_Yea Forumsnservatory_Wiki

Past threads:
desuarchive.org/co/thread/129739394/#129739394

Attached: silly.png (2034x2778, 558.34K)

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.plus4chan.org/coc/
youtube.com/watch?v=fqSyibSPq5w
youtube.com/watch?v=MaIlLKCFjZs
youtube.com/watch?v=1ZM6ztUlLWY
youtube.com/watch?v=eaoCgLd6TU4
youtube.com/watch?v=cRoBTIEP8nE
twitter.com/TashiandNima/status/1512822655920967686?s=20&t=Ba2t59VTWo-BWjB63Wy41Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>How does this work?

>It works like a community toy chest. In the /coc/ threads you are free to post whatever ideas/settings/characters you want, but you have to be OK with other people playing with them (tweaking them, putting them in stories, using them for things, etc.)
>There's no guarantee that what you post will catch on either.

>If the OC you are posting is YOURS for something you are personally doing, then it would go to the "How is your webcomic?" threads.
>If you just want feedback on an OC of yours, then it would go in the "donut steel" threads or drawthreads.

If the thread dies suddenly or you still want to discuss something when there's no thread:
boards.plus4chan.org/coc/
Last time:
-Redesigning Bullion's costume
-Scripts for Billy and Bullion
-Continuation of jack hammer
-Other stuff I missed

Attached: sketch.png (1854x3270, 1.39M)

Fast board today

Huh, didn't except my art to be OP, it was like my second time posting in these kinda threads

So, I have this idea (several, actually, but one thing at a time), but I'm objectively shit at drawing and not great at writing either, so I'm just tossing it out here in the hopes that someone who can do something with it takes an interest.

Anyways, you know how the USA prides itself on having the strongest military? Well the existence of independant super teams kinda takes away from that, don't it? Especially since it seems like it's only ever supers who take down other supers. Realistically, I don't think the US would let that slid; it makes them look weak; begs the question of what to do if, say, the Justice Coalition decides to 'go bad'; and there's certain tasks that them 'Hero' types just aren't upto, but still require their talents (Superman probably wouldn't support Bay of Pigs, but someone like him participating in it would probably turn it into a success). So here's the idea: the DoD makes it's own super'hero' team, both to do the normal superhero stuff, and more... unsavoury things. Basically a Spec-Ops group made up of Masks.

I this the only Code drawing we have?

Attached: Code.png (567x1008, 592.63K)

Archive says it's a sketch made years ago, probably when the CCA was still a basic concept, if not earlier.

I think there's another where he's a man made of static

Yeah, this one. I'm thinking maybe the CCA could use this guy (or possibly these guys) as spies/intermediaries on Earth, allowing them to observe their targets while keeping a safely cosmic distance or approach any likeminded moralistic types suitable for empowering. (My mind keeps coming back to Kanto dealing with Intergang on STAS as a comparison there. Maybe it's the suit.)

Attached: 1645412142204.png (1627x2500, 261.49K)

I have these 2 characters i'm working on

Attached: file.png (770x766, 67.16K)

A Scottish cavegirl and...human Antoine?

names?

I remember a while ago when discussing the whole BB storyline we played around with the idea that, in the same way that everyone was blind to the comics code's influence Audrey might be oblivious or at least blindsided to the Dark Age shift. I don't think it was popular but I do kinda like the idea that Audrey wants to go on fun, campy adventures still while everything starts to get more edgy around her and her normal morals/responses are falling out of style.

I don't have names for them yet

Yeah, I'm not fond of that. Since the start of the BB discussion, there's been this undercurrent of trying to make Audrey seem stiff, clueless and outdated, and it does not sit right with me at all. She's perceptive and determined. She should see things turning edgy, realize it's not the way things are supposed to be, stand firm as an example of proper heroism, and (eventually) have her ways proven right when she finally redeems Sylikon.

I like it. She was always preceptive outside of the Comic Code.

CCA basically made everybody in the 50s look stupid, but it worked with its tone.

Attached: doodle2018NOV04_vft_and_bees_halloween.jpg (1061x1500, 440.22K)

Attached: 1648512667740.png (1500x2200, 394.28K)

So if these guys were in a GG comic, with their entire face be censored?

>with their
Sorry I meant "will their"
I have a broken phone.

That seems to be the intent of the design, yes.

>Shits all over Yea Forums, /tg/ and Yea Forums.
youtube.com/watch?v=fqSyibSPq5w
youtube.com/watch?v=MaIlLKCFjZs
youtube.com/watch?v=1ZM6ztUlLWY
youtube.com/watch?v=eaoCgLd6TU4
youtube.com/watch?v=cRoBTIEP8nE

That's kinda funny desu.

If I animated something with Audrey, would it be better if her boobs bounced separately or bounced together? 1950s bras arent exactly loose, I think.

Her bra's pretty heavy-duty, so together seems more likely.

Attached: 1471716042787.png (5147x1660, 1.7M)

Won some art, the discord voted for Recluse, so here she is doing an Avatar waterbending pose. She's russian, maybe she can bend vodka.

Attached: Recluse_WebSize.jpg (872x900, 724.29K)

Together but it would really depend on the activity.

All right, I'll go with together for sure.
>depend on the activity
HEH HEH

I like that idea too. I guess I mostly just meant I like the idea of the shift being a world shift that Audrey is once again not subject to being a cool idea. I didn't mean to imply she'd be stiff, clueless or outdated.
I guess I was moreso looking at it from the perspective of the way the world has changed in the real world. Someone who grew up in the 50s might have a harder time relating to their kid in the 90s but is trying their best. Less of a "make Audrey weak" and more of a "Having their story play on the real generational gap."

You seem to be forgetting that there's still a sliding time scale in play. Audrey may have grew up in the 50s but she's still less than a decade older than her sidekick in the 90s.

Oh, I'm aware of the sliding timescale. Otherwise Audrey would be in like...her 60s or 70s. I meant that more thematically than literally.

Thematically a generational cultural divide doesn't make sense given that Audrey is a forward thinking character that has "adapting to new changes" as practically her tag line. Especially when said generational gap is in terms of their in universe ages is less one of parent/child and far closer to that of siblings.

Well far beit for me to claim that I know all that much about Audrey. Just the baseline stuff. I always kinda felt the idea was she adapts to change but still fumbles. Like GG never really felt "on top of things" and more of a "roll with the punches" kinda girl. At least that's how she's come across.
And I mean, I'm only 27 and I feel a generational gap with kids 10 years younger than me so it's not that unreasonable for that to be a thing. But, there's no point in arguing it further. Like I said, I'm new to these threads so I will defer to what people who know the character better think.

What color should PP/SS's getaway car be?

Which characters are those again?

Pinprick and Sidestep.

The villains in the 90s GGu comic I'm working on.

Attached: HRpg3l.jpg (2448x3168, 1.18M)

The car should be silver and pink in my opinion

Yeah, okay. Pink looks good.

Attached: HRpg10g.jpg (1639x1087, 247.68K)

slow thread. I hope it survives the night.

Me too

Looks nice

who drew this?

Getting closer and closer. Can't wait to see GGu and PP go at it.

Yeah, they never truly exchange blows.

I kinda wish that I had PP just scratch GGu once.

Attached: pg11.jpg (612x792, 447.64K)

well, good nite

Art Knight Studios. They were doing a promotion for their Avatar fancomic.
twitter.com/TashiandNima/status/1512822655920967686?s=20&t=Ba2t59VTWo-BWjB63Wy41Q

Do you think when PP can't win, she would try to humiliate and aim to shred some of GGu's clothes in a desperate attempt to escape before being beaten? Just a thought.

Night!

who's your favorite Yea Forumsverse hero?

That's too good of an idea that I'm embarrassed that we didn't think of it sooner.

I think Code Jesus is the false pretense of
>censorship is your fren, it protec da kiddos
while the Grey Suits are the code's reality

Dropped my pic

Attached: 1648518784282.jpg (1375x2199, 890.8K)

i wish i could draw so i could post the heroes and setting of my universe here for you fags to use complete with cool little drawings of the characters.

Just draw, dood. Nothing is stopping you.

Just make them on a character generator thing if all else fails, this thread has pic related

Attached: Screenshot 2020-06-29 23.42.43.png (1366x768, 360.92K)

but my artistic skills amount to ms paint tier shit.
>kisekae
maybe

You need to learn how to sketch first. Feel out the form, forget about making finished pieces.

Pencil and paper

fuck it, i'll start dumping my ideas for characters, but first. a teeny bit about the world i imagine them all to inhabit. if it's shit, tell me.
>set in the 1970s
>superpowers (barring a few exceptions.)
>there's some big event that occurs. not sure exactly what, yet. maybe some kind of cosmic rays that bathe the planet. maybe some inter-dimensional stuff.
>the fantastical elements are primarily sci-fi stuff. there's very little in way of the supernatural compared to other superhero universes. (make no mistake though, it certainly does exist.)

>1970s
ive been dying to design a character based off the 70s aesthetic, a blaxploitation super would be so cool

funny you should say that because one of the heroes is a blaxploitation type character

first off,
>Leonard Rehmer/Star Raid (i've been thinking of changing his superhero name. but i've grown attached to Star Raid)
>he's this mild mannered New England college professor type who, while on a camping trip or something on the night of whatever event happens to give people powers and kickstart the age of superheroes. finds this weird spacesuit thing from the future when it crash-lands nearby. and it fuses to his body, now he's got to figure out how to use it.
>the suit in question is blue and grey, it's got these gauntlet things that allow him to project and manipulate energy. (maybe they've got hidden functions or something, i dunno.
>think Greatest American Hero meets Captain Marvel meets a smidge of Ben 10.