Unpopular opinions:

Unpopular opinions:

Animation is a kids medium and will always remain as such. Animators should own up to this rather than try to make cartoons darker and mature (looking at you Simpsons).

Mixing genres is completely autistic and should just stop. Not everything makes a good combo, no one wants to watch Lord of the Rings but with a Wild West setting.

The 90s and 2000s does not hold up no matter what manchildren say. They’re okay at best and still seriously flawed. They should only be enjoyed as guilty pleasures.

Related to the first paragraph, live action will always be superior to animation in every single way. Even the cringiest live action show will not be as bad as a cartoon for children and general audiences.

Every single cartoon mom needs to leave her husband. This is not a joke, this is not a kid, they’re all basically stepford housewives.

Attached: 6A9A1B9E-F7DE-4A25-80E2-3FF9C8C6995E.jpg (1000x1500, 188.07K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YpuRcmPnSTM
youtube.com/watch?v=8OHnC24Qx8k
youtube.com/watch?v=7jksRQcI9NA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

This tranny again?

Didn't read

Attached: 1566685861145.jpg (1150x935, 648.99K)

also where's Weird Matt?

70s and 80s were the best time for cartoons and I resent the 90s for brainwashing normies into shitting on them.

Attached: 23BF6602-8DBC-413D-A4F9-D92679FD457D.jpg (1280x976, 210.43K)

>no one wants to watch Lord of the Rings but with a Wild West setting.
Yes, let's not do a new or potentially interesting setting within the genre. Let's have a medieval European fantasy for the millionth fucking time.

Attached: 50CAF52D-2CDE-437A-ACF7-EA43AD90C999.png (618x480, 480.97K)

This

>Animation is a kids medium and will always remain as such.
Didn't even need to bother reading the rest since I knew that the rest of your opinions would probably be just as awful.

Attached: 1335770337806.jpg (556x261, 64.3K)

Where is the lie

youtube.com/watch?v=YpuRcmPnSTM

>Animators should own up to this rather than try to make cartoons darker and mature (looking at you Simpsons).
The fuck? Simpsons was always a dark show aimed at adults.

>no one wants to watch Lord of the Rings but with a Wild West setting.
That sounds fucking sick

OP seems to be vaguely describing Wild ARMs. Not sure if that was intentional.

Attached: 92941366-1CA5-4F62-9B21-D8586C86C085.jpg (1453x857, 212.87K)

Animation is extremely broad, and it’s idiotic to insist that it’s a kids medium when you use the simpsons, a family show, as your example.
Unless your being a troll in which case it’s even more idiotic.

No I didn't mean like that... how to explain...
It's a lot more "innocent" and charming. Maybe wholesome. Even Homer committing suicide rebounds to a nonsensical sequence of him being obsessed with signposting everything and getting his life back on track.
Even putting the spring in Springfield has zero reference to what it's actually talking about, so kids don't know or care, they just go haha I like songs and there's a song (I didn't have a clue as a child).

There's a difference between Homer wearing a shirt that says BITCH and the older Simpsons' ability to be broadcast in front of children.

You're a fucking retard.

>Animation is extremely broad
It really fucking isn’t. Anything you can do in animation can just be done in live action. There’s a reason people are hyped for the live action One Piece.

You're an idiot, like or not people should make whatever they want in animation, be it weird flashing experimental lines shorts, action shit,sitcoms,edgy adult shit,depressing shit,random colors and shit. THEY SHOULD MAKE WHATEVER THEY WANT, DON'T LIMIT MEDIUMS RETARD,JUST CUZ YOU DON'T LIKE A FEW TV CARTOONS (which is only animation you watch anyways). youtube.com/watch?v=8OHnC24Qx8k animation is cool when it can be whatever.

Except all that stuff they can't do in live action OP gonna have to be animated but you can't capture the freedom and wildness of an artist pure ideas in live action like you can in animation. youtube.com/watch?v=7jksRQcI9NA

Too long; didn't read

Attached: dab-simpsons.gif (498x203, 286.01K)

You are the same kind of people who think anime art is good and the DCAU is well written. Get better taste.

Ahh, so it was a bait thread all along.

Attached: attempt.jpg (236x228, 5.69K)

>I'm too retarded to think of a valid response so I'll just try baiting instead

OP it sounds to me like you're either very young or a bit daft, no offense. Your arguments are all based on emotion or a very small perspective of your own small world, with very little understanding of reality or objectivity

Depends on the anime not all anime is shounen retard hell anime can be even stop motion and shit, DCAU is alright for kids capeshit though it has flaws like everything else.

Tldr OP sucks dick

>Low effort bait threads is low effort.

>OP creates low effort bait and imbeciles on /co jump to respond

>the Simpsons
>dark and mature
wat

>no one wants to watch Lord of the Rings but with a Wild West setting
I do. That sounds awesome.

the right half do look retarded

Actually I study art and this is all objectively bad. Villpu would say this is stupid.

You sound fucking retarded.

I know you are,but what am I?

Unpopular fact:

Next summer... Homer shall creampie in- yes, his OWN butthole.

We need an #animantiongate more than ever

Go watch Persepolis.

Liar! You are sore because of how well Simpsons humanized its characters in the first 7 seasons, while still being a proper rip on family life and consumer culture. Now no other cartoon can measure up. (Well, they could measure up but that would require hiring writers like Good Simpsons did. And that's just so gosh dang time and budge blowing that you may as well write shit and hope it sells. A fast nickel beats a slow dime, afterall.)

this again?

Attached: 88216407-5E41-490B-B98E-1102AA1D21DD.jpg (1242x906, 886.44K)

Agreed. There’s a lot of sex pests from the 2000s era

Saw this picture and expected the "Homer creampies his butthole" thread. Got something worse, somehow

Attached: 9de.png (250x239, 79.16K)

>Animation is a kids medium and will always remain as such.
Could you elaborate why you think so?

Villpu

I tried sharing it with a friend but his loud opinions proved it doesn't hold up outside of a solo viewing experience.
The writing falls apart under the barest examination and I'm not talking wolf oestrogens to make a lycanthropic olympic steroid, I'm talking stuff like the balding guy beating up the Joker because the Joker's entirely personality changed or characters making really stupid decisions or forgetting things.

I didn't even pick bad episodes. I specifically picked ones that appealed to his... tastes. But nope. Only less cringe inducing than saying "Hey let's watch Spongebob, adult friend, because it has some good episodes with universal humour" and forgetting there's a literal singalong at the start of every episode or the Pokémon movie and having everything solved by everyone CRYING.

You're a retarded boring boomer faggot.

I disagree

Animation is a medium not a genre and it is impossibly asinine to expect it to fit a singular demographic.
Books range all demographics
Stage plays range all demographics
Film range all demographics
Live Action shows range all demographics
So why does animation get to put into this neat little box as childish entertainment? That in of itself is extremely limiting the endless creativity that animation can provide, able to capture visuals that are impossible in a live action environment.

>boomer
What a meaningless way to end your comment.
user said kids can't watch the older Simpsons. I was trying to point out why it's really not a bother because it was already self censoring the adult content and making it not hit hard (Oh no, Grimes died. Anyway, Homer's hilarious!). It's not Rick & Morty.

What, no, user said for you to elaborate why you think that animation is a kid's medium and always will be.

>So why does animation get to put into this neat little box as childish entertainment?
Because it is inherently inferior medium. Samurai Jack would have been infinitely better received if a movie director had been in charge instead of an animator.

>Because it is inherently inferior medium.

You're retarded.

You lack imagination. Samurai movies but in the wild west gave us the dollars trilogy, I'm sure you can rework some elements of lotr to fit the western genre if you give it a civil war aesthetic and make the wizards mystical indians or something.

The live action Ms. Marvel show can't even have Kamala's basic power set because "oh it would look creepy in live action, this is a fine substitute".
Yet that was never a problem in cartoons in video games. It's only in live action that we lost a visually interesting superpower in exchange for something much more generic looking.

Imagine how bad Aku would look in live action, how much limited his expressions would be. Imagine how boring certain camera angles would be because they can't just tilt the set in any way they wanted etc.
Put your bias away for 2000's animation and think for a moment what animation offers vs live action. Live action you are bound to the constraints of the real world even if your movie is a CGI abomination because you still have physical actors and sets you need to contend with.

Ahem see
Live action can bring things that are better than 2D animation. Aku would just need to be redesigned, just like how Ms. Marvel needed her powers changed.

>Post is about criticising live action for having more boring and less unique powers
>"This supports my argument"
You are an disingenuous retard.

You're delusional.

>light constructs
>more boring than stretching
I’m sorry what?

>Strechy powers powers that could be used for a lot of creative shapeshifting are more boring than extremely generic green lantern powers

You have extremely shit taste,

The Simpsons went to shit the moment they removed Gumbly from the show

Attached: 1642672603267.png (408x598, 461.84K)

>the same boring CGI fest used by every energy wielding character in capeshit
>less boring than elasticity, an inherently fun and creative power set
Fuck the FF movie had Reed stretch everywhere and no one complained; that was nearly 20 years ago. And considering this is the same studio that jerks itself over Rocket and Groot, it's a weak excuse that makes live action look inferior.

Attached: 83471E25-20DB-4859-8A58-78B07C825AB4.png (500x290, 95.52K)