Bad Guys

I saw this.
Discuss.

Attached: The_Bad_Guys_Poster.jpg (1080x1350, 189.63K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/CuriusPokerChip/status/1511099886023761923
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>no one's doing the dreamworks fa-- oh there it is

Great main cast, great visuals, but the story could've been a bit better. Didn't like the fox chick.

>mouth keep changing betweek fangs and beanmouth smile
Ew

i like the animation, it's very pleasant to the eye
the spider is almost fuckable, ALMOST

Everyone except the snake bring something to the table.

What the fuck are you talking about Snake is the best one

>awesome : Antz, Shrek, Madagascar, KFP, HTTYD, Megamind, Croods
>bizarre yet fun : Shark Tale, Bee Movie, Monsters vs Aliens, Home, Boss Baby, Captain Underpants
>forgettable : El Dorado, Sinbad, Over the Hedge, Turbo, Peabody & Sherman, Trolls
>pretentious : Prince of Egypt, Spirit, Rise of the Guardians
which category does it belong?

Was it mainly personality or the aesthetics in general. Because I just barely recognized the disgusted eye piercing in the trailers and figured that she would be a yas queen slay cunt type. Does she gets with the wolf guy?

I haven't seen it, so no.

Bizarre yet fun

>Was it mainly personality or the aesthetics in general.
Dunno
>Because I just barely recognized the disgusted eye piercing in the trailers and figured that she would be a yas queen slay cunt type.
She isn't, but get some badass action of "I'm badass and a girl"
>Does she gets with the wolf guy?
No

>El Dorado
>forgettable
>Monsters vs Aliens, Home
>fun
Are you high?

Hows the main trio in the movie? Any favorite character out of the group? Did they eventually became good or did they just pretend so they could continue nig nogging?

The going good thing is an act, but they start to crack. First is Wolf, then Shark, Snake and Piranha, who save Wolf and Diane from a death trap. Snake appears to betray the gang to work with Marmalade, but at the end reveals it to be an act, and he blows up Marmalade's compound. Regardless, the gang's arrested and spend a year in jail, but they don't become cops when they come out.

Sorry, typo. Shark, Tarantula, and Piranha, not snake.

Having the crew develop like that is a bit strange when you're familiar with the books.
Example: Tarantula is on board with being good as soon as he shows up

You need the one that is really resistant to change to bring the whole team together.

Attached: page118.jpg (1750x2210, 1.02M)

What do I trust, you guys? RT says it’s great but Metacritic says it sucks.

Attached: 226A78C7-F1FA-42CE-9650-1F98F1D786A9.jpg (1571x758, 189.23K)

We actually talked about this in the last thread. RT breaks up reviews on a binary "good or bad", while MC breaks up reviews between good, average, or bad. So even low-scoring positive reviews that are counted on MC can make it look like a bad movie.

>using animation to the fullest is a bad thing

the problem with metacritic is that it's putting a square peg to a circle hole in some of the reviews

with that said I am laughing at one twitter thread complaining that it has high tomatoes because it's woke

Attached: FPilT9UXIAAWWVa.jpg (1890x790, 160.67K)

That's a very funny joke. There's no way someone's winging about this movie being "woke". You're making it up.

Attached: foxwife.png (452x804, 364.04K)

watch
twitter.com/CuriusPokerChip/status/1511099886023761923

Attached: FPiMxSJXIAIGHDm.jpg (1520x1500, 536.83K)

The whole book series starts off with Wolf already deciding to be a hero.

Please kill yourself sharktale fag

>le dreamworks face spider

Attached: teef.png (1300x325, 739.03K)

Oh. Sorry for underestimating stupid people.

It's wild seeing this in motion, you don't even realize it's happening.

based dub-quads, I want to make out with him

I know, just had another example in mind.

>

Attached: file.png (518x566, 289.54K)

How much screentime does the spider get and does she do anything cute or sexy

she's sassy

He's so fucking cute.

Attached: vlcsnap-2022-03-31-21h07m25s669.png (1920x1080, 1.51M)

If you want to make out with the most generic furry character in the universe who's a smooth lady's man, then you're so fucking gay.

sorry I don't like sparkledogs, they have aids

She's so pretty.

Attached: 1649098096.alec8ter_diane.png (1920x1245, 1.25M)

If only the style wasn't crap, also based gets

>he wants generic realistic cgi
go make a sing 2 thread

>How much screentime does the spider get
Not enough
>and does she do anything cute or sexy
She smells farts

Look, fangs that functions like normal teeth are better than fangs becoming bean teeth by closing the mouth

Too many people forget to draw Diane's piercing.

Attached: 1649119355.moonabel_fox.jpg (896x1280, 281.48K)

Everyone wants to fuck to wolf guy

Not me. I want to fuck the shark

user, it's not about "closing the mouth", it's the intent of the character. he gets cartoony teeth because he's being cunning. get that beanmouth shit out of your brain

I think people only hate beanmouth because they associate it with shows they don't like.
Example: the meme started around the same time PPG16 aired. Coincidence?

Exactly, there's a visual language at play here. The teeth are more cartoony in the comedic scenes, but more realistic in the serious scenes. It's one of those tricks only possible with animation.

Attached: teefpart2.png (1400x787, 656.26K)

>I'LL KILL YOU! I'LL KILL YOU RAT!
holy fucking shit

This actually means 96% of critics taken from RT liked the movie.

MC thinks the movie is average.

You still can't understand how they work, huh.

Wolf flying into a rage and almost mauling Marmalade was equally scary and hot.

"Beanmouth" as it's described was popularized by Adventure Time in early 2010 but really rose to prominence in the mid to late 10s, when lots of popular and divisive shows were using it. There was an annoyingly popular graphic being passed around that distorted four characters' heads to insist that they all use the same head and mouth design, which they didn't. Back then, the style was derisively called the "CallArts Style", but that gradually faded off and only recently changed to "beanmouth".

In practice regarding The Bad Guys, what they're employing can't be considered traditional "beanmouth" because the mouth's position produces visible wrinkle and alters the face shape overall by moving the cheeks, which is how real mouths work and both things "beanmouth" style usually avoids.

Attached: 1649063786318.png (2500x3045, 3.42M)

it's the wolf growl right? somehow it makes him hot

Sam Rockwell was such a good pick for his voice.

Attached: vlcsnap-2022-03-30-00h57m33s100.png (694x695, 259.97K)

he's so adorable

The Wolf and Fox wanted to fuck the whole movie, and then in the end they don’t even get together. What the fuck.

coz he get to snuggle with snek

Their chemistry and sexual tension were wild. I hope they at least kiss in the sequel.

Attached: vlcsnap-2022-04-03-01h58m07s225.png (1212x820, 419.6K)

what kind of mental institution must you be from to think that the bad guys have wokeness

also nice wolf x nick

Hope it gets a sequel. Loved it, its style direction and Diane. Weird it was released in Aus first before burgerland, just hope it does well in the box offices there.

it did well in EU, and especially well in Spain and Mexico

The "anti-SJW" movement online has created a whole bunch of delusional windmill crusaders. If they perceive anything as being "woke", they go nuts, and almost anything can set them off.

Well to be fair, the books the film is based on are from Australia, home territory gets privilege.

Attached: fox1.gif (540x230, 2.42M)