The term "character assassination" and the idea that you can "ruin an IP" is the most retarded...

The term "character assassination" and the idea that you can "ruin an IP" is the most retarded, corporately brain rotted thing I've ever heard. There's no such thing as either of them. They're simply new takes on already existing characters that rarely, if ever have an effect on other iterations of the same series. If a new take on a series bothers you, either grow the fuck up, or go watch the versions of the series that you enjoy. Stop worshipping IPs and series as if they're gods that can never be challenged.

Attached: SheRa.jpg (1647x2546, 2.39M)

Dyke ra did ruin the IP and soiled what couldve been a decent reboot

Attached: 486CA266-244F-49D4-BB48-5A8D5A56742C.png (1200x849, 823.29K)

How can you "Ruin an IP"?

>criticizing a reboot is being corporate IP worshiper
>mindlessly watching a reboot is being "grown-up"

Attached: 1587341500938.jpg (809x600, 80.22K)

Well when people describe why they don't like things, one of the main factors is a lack of purpose. All good art has purpose, especially a television show.

And the running question when it comes to franchises is, "why"? It makes sense from a business perspective, but theres no artistic merit to continuing the show.

I actually liked netflix she-ra. it was better than the original in all ways. But you can't help but wonder why they didn't just make a new show, considering how little it has to do with the original.

And I think she-ra is one of the better ones. It's like a really good fanfiction honestly. Some of the shit netflix releases is so awful and pointless. Is it any wonder people are getting tired of it

By trashing its characters like making she ra into some penis envy dyke with gender dysphoria

Or how disney raped star wars into becoming gynocentric cancer with twilight tier romance shit and stronk wahmen forcefully shoved into everything needlessly

Attached: 41920B51-2C11-4D07-8230-3D669C54A206.jpg (1280x860, 653.7K)

>>criticizing a reboot is being corporate IP worshiper
If you criticize it not on its own merits but because it's not like the original or that it doesn't follow into your preconceived notions about what you want it to be, then yes.
>>mindlessly watching a reboot is being "grown-up"
Not being emotionally attached to a franchise is being grown up, yes. No one said that you have to mindlessly watch it.

>If you criticize it not on its own merits but because it's not like the original or that it doesn't follow into your preconceived notions about what you want it to be, then yes.
If its fucking feminist garbage that shits on the source material of course im going to rip it apart for being sjw swill

Pic related is you
>hurr stop having attachments to media let the big companies rape your favorite properties without a fight
Kill yourself cunt

Attached: 9955D6C1-6887-48AA-B5B4-3B918AEA8E95.jpg (623x587, 93.76K)

>Doing a bad take on an IP is now ruining it... somehow... in some way, even though it has no effect on any previous iterations or the stuff that you enjoy.
Go enjoy the one that you like then.

It ruins new content that wouldve been good had it not been made by talentless hacks. Suck my dick i want new media thats actually good not feminist sewage and i will still continue to bash your shit dyke new entires regardless

Fuck you

>If its fucking feminist garbage that shits on the source material of course im going to rip it apart for being sjw swill
Then go enjoy the one that you like then...? No one's stopping you.

>>hurr stop having attachments to media let the big companies rape your favorite properties without a fight
Unironically, yes. Caring this much about "muh franchise" is corporate brainrot created by copyright laws and Hollywood.
Please grow up.

>Then go enjoy the one that you like then...? No one's stopping you.
I will but i will also trash the new one for being fucking garbage and disappointing me by being an example of new media being shit that replaced what couldve been a decent reboot
>Unironically, yes. Caring this much about "muh franchise" is corporate brainrot created by copyright laws and Hollywood.
And shilling for corpos and throwing a hissyfit for people not consooming is worse, shilling cuck

>character assassination
>not real
this isn’t exclusive to IPs. The dreamworks she-ra had character assassination by ending it with an abusive incestuous couple and everyone forgiving the war criminal because "yay we’re gay"
It didn’t ruin the She-Ra brand, it just showed how worse it can be so future installments look better in comparison. And nobody watched it so nobody really cares about it.
Now had you used Revelations, that would be a better example given how it was promoted as a sequel to the original show.

>I will but i will also trash the new one for being fucking garbage and disappointing me by being an example of new media being shit that replaced what couldve been a decent reboot
>Entitled fan mindset
>"Nooo why didn't it pander to me!"
This is the most corporately brain rot take. Nobody is forcing you to watch it.
>Claims I'm shilling for corps and asking you to consoom when I've suggested not watching it several times.

>They're simply new takes
This is some of creative ass bootlicking

>entitled fan
Yes as a fan i am entitled to content that doesnt insult me, corpo bootlicker shilling cuckold
>Nobody is forcing you to watch it.
Yeah but im mad that theres no content for me but in its place is that dyke tumblr shite

>This is some of creative ass bootlicking
No I'm just fighting against corporatist brain-rot where storytelling has been monopolized by IP-holders and the extent of media criticism by their target audiences isn't with respect to art's meaning but instead whether or not it's "on-brand".

Noelle stevenson coopted and ruined the she ra reboot with her self inserting dyke delusions and insecurities like her massive penis envy

Don't you have the amazon version to whine about for this exact thing, you fucking hypocritical faggot?

Putting aside whatever point you were trying to make, I think you’re massively confused about what the term “character assassination” actually means. Hint: it’s not usually related to fictional “characters.”

In nerd circles that's exactly what it means.

The dumbass 14 year olds on twitter who also don’t know what words mean aren’t “nerd circles,” they’re your fellow idiots.

>Devolves into adhoms

Attached: bd8.png (1190x906, 178.45K)

>But you can't help but wonder why they didn't just make a new show, considering how little it has to do with the original.
You 100% KNOW the reason why. It's the same reason why She-Ra and Voltron are more popular than Kipo despite all three being Netflix-Dreamworks shows with similar vibes.

this stinks

Attached: 9EE89D2E-6EFE-45FF-B00D-81174486894D.jpg (725x493, 110.3K)

well arent you just an adorable attentionho

here you go have a "you"

Attached: you 4 you.gif (500x296, 465.62K)

Just rewatched season 3. Still is where the show peaked. Every episode was consistently good.

Complete turn from how bad most of season 2 was.

How many threads have you started today just to bait people into pointless shitflinging over your dumb opinions? Be honest. Not judging, just fascinated by this sort of behavior.

Attached: warning, incoming cringe.jpg (993x745, 57.46K)

So just like what OP is doing.

Bump

Bump

It ruins it's resalability, dingus. I know you're just being obtuse, but think for a second. If an IP gets bungled bad enough with an iteration, it becomes much less likely to ever get picked up and tried at again.

Why do you care so much about an IP? Caring this much about it is the corporate brainrot.

Who said I care? I'm just stating that a bad relaunch of an IP can stymie any future use of said IP if it's bad enough, which you can't seem to grasp.

How is it ruined? They're making another show that has nothing to do with Noelle's stuff and they're selling classic She-Ra merch.

I have fond memories watching the reboot and I have zero interest in anything related to vintage She-Ra or He-Man.

So basically what you are saying is “I could have watched this show by any other name and the outcome would be the same.”

>western animation collapsing
>not even calarts

buddy it was downhill after the 90s and if anything the she-ra reboot is like a good 90s cartoon. fucking cope

you only have a point about star wars. the first part is just you having a confirmation bias because you're a flaming bigot that can't pass the turing test because your entire worldview is centered on hating the abc rainbow people

>they're selling class she-ra merch

should be easy to do. not selling reboot she-ra merch was a choice by mattel, after all. they didnt even put she-ra reboot merch on their website because they wanted to sabotage it from the beginning. putting it in target instead of comic shops was stupid and defies common sense

>will still continue to bash your shit dyke new entires regardless

You have a stroke boomer?

In all likelihood, She-ra was never gonna get rebooted without hurting and changing it anyway. It failed to really resonate in the past and it itself was an attempt to catch a ride in the wave of MoTU’s surprising popularity with girls

Because noelles dyke hands ruined that particular chance of a reboot and i had to wait a few more years for a more properly done reboot instead
Dyke ra isnt good and you should be hanged for comparing it to good stuff from the 90s
Keep your man hating desexualized dyke faggotry out of my media, cunt

No one wouldve bought he-ra dolls even at comic shops you loser

you keep failing the turing test

>muh turing test
Eat shit and come up with an actual argument instead of your schizo posts, dyje

>Low tier bait

Or make a new IP?

Attached: Good olde times.jpg (1600x1200, 397.13K)

>this guy having a fucking breakdown
>over SHE-RA
Sometimes I wonder how you people even function in the real world

Why make a new IP?

So you stop raping our old one

Then go enjoy your old one.

I cant because all new content is ruined by you people sticking your fingers into my pie

Remember when that Buffy reboot was rumored and they looked like they were planning on making Buffy black and all the white Twitter feminists started losing their shit because it turns out that they also don't like when an established character they like is changed for no reason?
Good times...

The black ariel little mermaid film is going to be rife for that type of shit

Stop being an entitled fanboy

No, stop ruining my media and preventing good content for my demo from coming out you fucking cunt

>My media

>Why do you care

Attached: 447a2f63d60c4358617845c0156fe96e.jpg (355x236, 20.09K)

Yes, my media, you have no right to rape it

I enjoyed it, get fucked.

Caring about a franchise is the real corporate brainrot

This is only true if the media in question is a reboot or the like rather than a continuation, because the character in question wouldn’t *technically* be the same person. If it is the latter, then there is already an established framework that needs to be built on, where ignoring that framework results in an inconsistency with the narrative—ie: bad writing.

That said, even in the case of reboots there is always the issue of having the new version of a character diverging too much from the previous work, which inevitably results in an audience familiar with both works asking “what is the point in having this person be [character]?”, to which the answer is almost always “because the name sells”. Really, this can be extended as an issue often suffered by reboots as a whole, where fans of an IP expect it to be be similar to the thing they enjoyed years ago, only for it to be totally different than the expectation they (rightfully) have, with no similarity beyond the superficial and clearly existing only for the sake of milking the brand.

Attached: DF1DCF58-2E6A-4C0A-88C0-51E8F0BE1CBC.jpg (4000x4000, 833.36K)

You sound like people who'd complain that Alan Moore ruined Charleston characters.

A true plebeian take.

How?