Why are critics so #MadAtMorb?

Why are critics so #MadAtMorb?

Attached: 1649048489836.jpg (939x512, 59.78K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9Lf9b3kdgmk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's a modern Marvel movie without the Marvel Studios splashscreen.

its the true batkino that came out this holiday season #morbified

So uderwhelmingly short it's offensive.

it's bad

also leto has preyed on girls as young as 14 for almost two decades

Three groups walked out during my showing. I regret spending $14 on this trash.

Wouldn’t it be easier if Sony just keep pumping more Spidey movies that doesn’t focus on Peter Parker?

You got Ben Reily, clone saga etc. Why even bother with side villains that gets turned anti hero of some sort which makes Sinister Six even more ridiculous

Oh wait there was the sony spidey leaks

Because it was Sony doing a marvel movie this time. So the mouse couldn’t pay off the critics.

>"vein attempt"

Now that's method acting

Honestly there's a not terrible piece in the Hollywood reporter that touches on a lot of what I've been feeling.
Critics call their shots on movies when the trailers drop, and then continue to maintain that stance all the way up until the review is due, give it a low score, then move on.
Moviebob especially tends to cultivate what he praises and what he distances himself from around what reflects on him as a media personality rather than how the movies actually are. See his love letter to the recent "Everything Everywhere All at Once" and then not even opting to explore or score why Morbius didn't work for him. It's less about thinking critically about movies than cultivating this showcase of "in-vogue opinions".
I can't even think of critics who get away from this kind of thing. I don't count Red Letter Media as critics because they're broadly speaking entertainment than actual critique.

Attached: Screenshot_20220404-001425~2.png (1436x1918, 790.12K)

Because it's shit? That 70% is misleading as well. Since RT changed the way they do audience scores they go high. There might have been just one or two blockbusters last year that was my under 80%

lol
Plasmafags btfo

they just didn't bother to pay the critics off, they already know these movies will make a profit

Because it's Jared Leto, that's why. Real question is, what did audiences liked about this movie?

Audience scores are weird audience that went to see Morbius opening weekend, if people who weren't hyped for fucking Morbius went to see it they movie would do much worse
Lots of reviewers nowadays are just people who work for a massive websites who pumps out 20 articles a day. They need to write a review about how bad Morbius is to keep pumping out articles about how bad Morbius is, these people will be looking at other reviews to write their review and give it an appropriate score. Obviously Morbius is bad and I am glad such a soulless movie got such bad reviews, hopefully it doesn't make people curious about why it's so bad so they go

14?

prove it.

If you saw the trailer and still spent actual money, you deserve it.

Attached: 1649021665173.png (763x242, 90.41K)

>critic hate it therefore it good
I know you're shitposting but I genuinely hate that this is going to be Yea Forums soon.

That's what you get for giving Morbius a retarded beard.

I find it hilarious how the entire plot of the movie (sans the tweest that his brother is evil) is literally in the trailer

Attached: nigger shit.png (295x350, 31.72K)

>Americans have to pay $14 to watch a movie
I weep for you, lads

>tfw it's bound to flop

>disliking something means you have to be mad about it
What are you, twelve?

While it wasn't the best movie it certainly wasn't the worst Marvel movie ever, just really forgettable. This hate campaign feels so artificial in an attempt to be like "See! Sony just needs to give it all to the MCU"

The current ongoing meme rumor is that they can't make live action movies of Spider-Men because of their Marvel deal

>leto is a hebechad
based beyond based

It's why Spider-Woman is a co-production.

It already is. See: Snydercult

Imagine being so compulsively contrarian that you start simping for Morbius

Was that ever confirmed? Clarke might be playing Jess after all

For live action it would be mostly preferable at the moment to give Disney access to the full library of Spider-Man stories and characters. Snoy hasn't made a good live action movie with the IP since Spider-Man 2 and there has been 6 movies since then with no signs of pulling the breaks. Do you really want Kraven without Spider-Man teaming up with Morbius and Vulture to do some good?

I have yet to find one person who had openly said it's good. Not an user on Yea Forums, a real person with a name and face. It's really to the point where I think someone might be using bots on RT.

Attached: let me tell you something.png (589x392, 223.43K)

Leto is such a fuckin Faggot
Almost ruined nu-bladerunner.
I want to break him with a folding chair in a steel cage match

its not mcu trash

What is this even and why am I suddenly hearing about it everywhere after not hearing about it at all before it was released.

Morbius, Sony movie. You started hearing about it because of the dismal reviews and because twitterfags started shitposting about it with the #MorbiusSweep

Morbius was basically a cape movie that critics didn't have to worry about pissing off Disney with so they just went ham

Or maybe it was just bad like Eternals?

How badly did your father beat you user?

I mean, people here were calling that this movie was going to be trash basically since it was announced. Its a Spiderman villain without Spiderman, but not a popular one that people know like Venom. His new and interesting powerset is "is a vampire".

This was going to be an uphill battle even under the best of circumstances because it brings nothing new to the table. Vampires have fallen off the silver screen to be the realm of straight to netflix modern fantasy romance shlock for years now, when was the last time people gave a shit about a vampire movie that wasn't a Twilight sequel? Spiderman fights a vampire is interesting because thats an unexpected matchup. A vampire fights people who are not spiderman is just a normal ass vampire movie no one cares about.

So this was already a rough sell, because you take into account Sony and Leto, both of whom on their own have done their best to sink franchises. And when you put them together, you are surprised that what results is a flop?

In this case, the audience are wrong.
Morbius was trash.

Hoping that score will drop once people who didn't book opening weekend tickets see it

It'll probably just make its money back

70% is an exceptionally low audience score for a movie that isn't getting review-bombed (not that some movies don't deserve it).

What are his best comics?!

He doesn't really have anything worth reading.

His biggest claim to fame is that they brought him back as being the center of a group of villains that was responsible for the original spiderverse story, where Morbious and his family go to different universes and kill different spidermen for dumb magical reasons.

This is probably why he god a movie. Because Sony is riding that spiderverse dick HARD, and he was the main villain of that so despite the fact that they are not doing that story and never will, they still decided to give him his own movie because of proximity to what is making them money. Its the kind of decision that a robot would make when presented with the data.

This. The critics had their knives out for the first Venom movie in a way that was completely disproportionate to anything it possibly deserved, and it was hard to see it as anything but them having their opinions bought and paid for. If Disney want Sony to stop making these movies, they're certainly capable of paying for reviewers to give them awful reviews to try and scare audiences away.

Sony is a much bigger company than Disney

What. Nigga, Morbius isn't Morlun.

Attached: 1644467210106.jpg (474x660, 59.83K)

I don't know, but I imagine you sound like Stephen Hawking.

They didn’t #getthemfries

The first venom movie was trash, though. Like actually amatureish film making.

Go back and watch the beginning of the movie. There are two major timeskips that force a reintroduction of all characters involved within the first 20 minutes. Every time you have a major timeskip, you reset the narrative momentum and have to re-establish everything. Eddie post timeskip and Eddie pre-timeskip are basically different characters. So you get 20 minutes into the movie, the second timeskip happens, and you are only NOW getting the character introduction shit you should have been doing from the start of the film.

Its a mess before you even get to everything that happens after, or any critiques involving the actual plot or characters. You might not have noticed, but anyone whose job it is to analyze movies and know how a film is supposed to work knew that Venom was a turd before the end of the first act.

What? You're telling me that Spiderman has two different vampire villains that are just buff pale dudes with long black hair, and their names both start with M?
Fucking hell.

Capeshit as it exists now has to be either or

1. Quip-shit mania (Disney’s MCU, James Gunn hackery)
2. Allegory-shit deeply profound christ meaning (Snyder’s DCEU, Matt Reeves A24-lite)

Capeshit played straight like Morbius just won’t cut it in today’s highbrow demographic where everyone spews proverbial garbage on a letterboxd account after every capeshit viewing because it makes the average capeshitter feel unique when they just another NPC in the pig cage.

Yes. Morbius needs blood. Morlun and his family get a kick out of absorbing the life essence of people with spider-related powers.

If you think that's bad, don't look into how many Goblin enemies Spider-Man has.

It wasn't trash but it wasn't great either. I'd call it a avrage or slightly above average since Dr Who was the best part of it all

>Snoy hasn't made a good live action movie with the IP since Spider-Man 2
1. Filtered by Spider-Man 3, which, while having problems, is better than any superhero movie since.
2. TASM and Venom movies were bad, don't get me wrong, but were still better than most of MCU trash. I'd rewatch all of them before trying to sit through Thor Ragnarok or Endgame again. And these probably aren't the worst ones, just first I can think of.

It is crazy because a movie like Morbius would have done well a decade ago

It's Rotten Tomatoes. Of course these so-called journos are gonna be biased snobs about everything.

I'll give you Spider-Man 3 and Venom but TASM is absolute soulless dogshit it makes even the worst MCU movie look like high art.
Also if you liked Venom you should watch the movie Upgrade

Attached: Venom-51.png (750x400, 308.64K)

Things move on. For a long time you could stage a whole action movie around one good actor. The Bruce Willis movie sort of thing. Nowadays, no one wants that. Its not enough to draw in audiences.

because audiences have and always will be retarded.

>TASM is absolute soulless dogshit
Electro scenes in TASM2 were very entertaining
youtube.com/watch?v=9Lf9b3kdgmk
It's what modern take on Joel Schumacher's camp would look like.

Disney hires literally pedophiles and kiddie rapistss and you are stuck on a rumor that a dude maybe did something because he was in a pop-emo band with fans the average age of 13 year olds.

All you amount to is proving that you trantards dont care about kids unless you cant groom them.

How have Snoytards and Mousisters turned paedophilia into a brandwar?

I don't know where you have been lately, but literally everyone is accusing whoever they consider the other side of being a pedophile nowadays. Its not just enough that you have different opinions, I'm going to call you a pedophile and use that as an excuse not to engage with anything you have to say.
Its just something that everyone universally agrees is awful, so its become the go-to boogeyman and insult. You can't call people a nazi or a tranny the same way anymore, since those groups have staked claim on one side of the line or the other. But nobody wants to be called a pedo, so that accusation still has power.
Until Trump gets caught with his hands down a girls pants or something, and suddenly the right whips around to being pro-pedophila and pretends it always was. Thats the way this sort of thing usually goes.

Disney didn't pay them off

I saw it with some buddies yesterday and they liked it

>Trump
You know it's the left who always support "sexual liberation", right?

Critics have become irrelevant in current year where anyone can post a review online

>preyed on girls as young as 14 for almost two decades
So has all of Hollywood what’s your point

he's always had a soul patch. The beard isn't that offensive desu.

Do not want! It just feels wrong to see him with a full beard.

the Snydercut was good, faggot.

>Do you really want Kraven without Spider-Man teaming up with Morbius and Vulture to do some good?
Eh, what's the damage, honestly?

Saw it. It's not as bad as Eternals.

The only real social media I have is Instagram and I see a lot of normies/zoomers on the comments of memes shitting on Morbius saying stuff like "actually this was alright and I enjoyed it"
Granted, they're then mostly shat on by others for saying it's a good film but they still exist

Literally the only reason Morbius is at all notable is because his first appearance is in the Six Arms Saga

Attached: clean.jpg (1821x2800, 948.95K)

They jelly

>$14
Where the fuck do you live? The more expensive theater where I am is $8 at most.

This movie was atrocious.

Bad actor in a bad concept in a bad genre.

> leto has preyed on girls as young as 14 for almost two decades
shouldn't they be 34 now?

But Morbius and Morlun are unrelated (I think), all the Goblin villains are somehow related to one another

I don't think Queen Goblin (or whatever her name is) and Hobgoblin are related to the Osborns. Neither is the hero Green Goblin.

And then there's the Jack o' Lanterns.

Attached: morbius into the morbiusverse.png (1680x1056, 2.22M)

unironically kys

It's like Venom, the critics absolutely destroyed the first one.

People liked it, then they kinda eased up and gave the second one a better RT score (still bad) even tho it was a worse movie than the first one.

Not a single one of those reviewers seemed to address this as an issue, and a good number of them seemed to just be autistically reeeing about the movie even existing in the same way the worst kind of nerds were crying about how "you can't have Venom without Spider-Man". "Analyzing movies" shouldn't be an actual job and these cretins certainly shouldn't be getting paid for it.

No, Morbius is a product of an era when the Comics Code had slightly relaxed on horror-themed characters, allowing Marvel to have a vampiric character so long as he wasn't an actual vampire. He's a weird product of his time, but he had a decent resurgence in the 90s in the Midnight Sons books and getting into the Spider-Man cartoon.

Sounds like you’re #MadAtMorb

If these bozos actually analyzed the movies they are given, most MCU films would have bad scores.

Attached: a784d9570ddbc047379320ea145d37726802a9c784a44513fc34e3c3ff81b20b_1.jpg.jpg (414x352, 35.85K)

Fuck you, Snyder cut was great

Its not a good movie by any means but the hate is a bit extreme. Its not worse than the average MCU flick and certainly better than Venom 2.

Attached: 275634296_1073457499884447_3980650949348015972_n.jpg (1079x776, 126.62K)

I have the feeling that Morlun was going to be Morbius but they didn't let the writer do that, since Morbius has been an ally of Spider-Man for too long at that point

You know that won't stop Sony to make those movies. They need to destroy RT before

>hear that Morbius is awful
>go see it
>its a solid 6~7/10 movie
>would rate higher (or at least a solid 7) if it weren't for how hectic and overly dark (lightingwise) some of the scenes were
>it also could use a bit more buildup in some parts because it's surprisingly short
I honestly don't get the hate. Comes across as people that came into it with an axe to grind.

#makeMorbius2

What exactly did you like about it?
It was a painfully generic and very forgettable movie that reminded me of the 00's shit superhero movies like Elektra and Blade III. Also, the post-credits scene might be the most incoherent thing I've watched in a decade

It was a solid ride. I liked the conflict between Morbius and Milo as a reflection of the maturity differences between the two, which could have stood to be built up further. Not everything needs to break new ground, my guy.

D-tier Spider-Man villain. Even as a kid this dude just felt off for Spider-Man.

Reminder that Joker only has 68% on rotten tomatoes

And? Some people hate it, some love it. Morbius is awful. Sometimes a bad movie is just a bad movie and not everyone needs to conform to your awful taste.

Attached: 10058458.jpg (897x662, 90.85K)

Though, I will say the post-credits scene was genuinely awful with how disjointed it is from the rest of the movie. I don't include it in the score though as I've always seen those as glorified teaser over being a actual movie content. At least with how the MCU and the like does it. Something like Shrek 2's adds a bit to the actual movie.

Good

It would have gone the way of Elektra and LoEG, dude

Uh, they just put out No Way Home so either Tom Holland is taking a break, which considering he just did all those Avengers movies back to back for the last couple of years, I understand him wanting time away from the studios.

Or they are considering where they want to take their next Spider-man movie and in the meantime are building up their own repertoire of characters.

>near perfect RT score
>55 on metacritic with 0 reviews above 6/10
>same reviews used to calculate RT score
I guess no matter what side you’re on you have the fuel you need to attack other anons with screenshots.

To be fair it doesn't have a self insert character learning that brand identity is good or that being mediocre is what makes them special so it's bound to not be an Oscar contender for the critical and twitter audience.