Why is he so disliked by knowledgeable boxing fans...

Why is he so disliked by knowledgeable boxing fans? Is it his personality or is he just seen as overrated in terms of his actual boxing ability? or a combination of both?

Attached: DKAFfd1W0AAtiHP.jpg (1200x1200, 154.16K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/59wDP2ar1WA?t=37
youtube.com/watch?v=cBkWhkAZ9ds
twitter.com/AnonBabble

literally who?

I know of fury because he has swedish heritage

Jealous of successful black men

>latvia

literally a rape nation of sweden. fucking kek

hes basically lennox lewis but shitty and with an even more boring personality. there are fans of boxing, especially older fans, who will never warm up to the bigger heavyweights and insist tyson or marciano or whatever would beat them, but hed still have more fans if, say, he dropped the good little boy act

joshua looks swedish too

shut it leaf

brit's should be rangebanned from this site, you bring nothing but bad news

Kek

Why are you so pressed, relax

hyped and on edge right now

He is just big and muscular, without a killing right. A nothing burger than gets exposed everytime a not in his decline boxed is in front of him. At least wilder got the exiting "i kill you" right, he has nothing.

Lennox was a natural fighter. He's more Frank Bruno 2.0, a big stiff idiot who boxes like he's following instructions through an earpiece

I want to spit on you for comparing Lennox and Joshua.

Joshua couldn't even carry Lennox's jockstrap

>disliked by knowledgeable boxing fans
he isn't
people who dksab dislike him

He's decent, don't get me wrong, but years ago people pretended as if he were an invincible machine, and not some up and comer that almost got flushed early by a 40 year old Klitschko coming off of a 2 year layoff from the ring.

Terrrible comparison, joshuas hated because hes shilled by matchroom and eddie hearn as some british HW legend with buckets of talent when hes not even fit to lace people like Lennoxes boots. Zero personality either

And of course, Cringeko didn't because he was always a bitch! Sad!

It's the hype, after running away from the Stay Puff guy for 12 rounds, he started acting like he was Ali, mtchrm and sky did the same thing. He's a blown up skinny guy who turned heavyweight boxing into wwe styled bodybuilding.

Attached: ali.jpg (800x1351, 166.24K)

compared to

Attached: AJ.jpg (640x470, 67.71K)

Wilder would knock this can out.
fuck this guy for his many rematch clauses. He didn't deserve rematch clauses after the Ruiz fiasco, you're not some fuckin' great or long reigning champ, you're a shitter and don't deserve to mulligan every fucking loss and hold up the division.

Name a heavyweight with a more brutal and impressive run than this in the modern era.

Fury's better, but if you fault AJ's attitude or record you're a dork. He accomplished his personal goal of being a throwback fighter.

Attached: AJ Rec.png (376x827, 35.01K)

Talented boxer but clearly lacks heart and killer instinct. He looks like shit in every fight against a top opponent (and fat Mexicans)

The ruiz rematch was a disgrace because every advantage was in his favor and ruiz being a fat pig with no discipline spent his training camp eating 6 meals a day and blew up to 280 lbs

I agree. Upvoted.

is ruiz being undisciplined supposed to be an unfair advantage to AJ? Isn't that a possibility in every fight ever

Where in my post did you read that? I'm talking about the larger ring, the ref obviously there to help AJ, and most likely judges already paid to have cards ready for Joshua.

>knowledgeable boxing fans
it's just americans and fury fans who don't like him

Moon's made of cheese too

Why act disingenuous if you were going to cope anyways? Regardless, AJ is finished and if Usyk stops him he'll probably end up retiring, if not having one last payday to get battered by Fury.

Entirely a media creation, Sky were backing this lad before he was a pro.

Above average boxer who believed his own hype, started talking about topping Mayweather's career earnings when he was still clubbing chumps with Hearn holding his balls

Fury sums him up pretty well
youtu.be/59wDP2ar1WA?t=37

He is a dossing underpants model bum. Not a boxer.

he's an exposed fraud simple as

He's been too scared to throw a punch since Ruiz 1. Plenty of boxers lose fights and come back stronger, dealing with their weaknesses. AJ responded by becoming even more of a pussy

brits overrate every one of their bums, this one especially. brits would literally say he was an ATG talent

Reminder he won the Klitschko fight by an early TKO.

Meanwhile Fury toyed with younger Klitschko and won.

Reminder that Lennox ducked Riddick "The Goat," Bowe

other way around dude, Bowe threw a belt in the bin to duck him

he's the most popular boxer right now and marketed as a "good boy" by boxing media. he also has some major weaknesses from being a late starter which "hardcore" fans love to point out to sound smart. AJ also seems to hide his real cocky side behind his "stay humboo blad" persona

No one like corporate boxers

because he ducked Fury and Deontay whole claiming to be the best HW in the world. People would have respected him more if he fought either and lost instead of getting exposed by Ruiz.

He’s more like a body builder than a boxer.
Don’t get me wrong, he does have some ability, but he’s overhyped based on the fact there’s no other HWs for Brits to say are good either. He’s average and lacks any killer hook and just seems stiff.
He’s somehow less of a fraudley than Audley though despite both being very similar

I agree about Fury being better. He was overlooked by the media for years but right now his spell in the sun was impressive as were his wins.
Joshua on the other hand probably deserves some respect, more than he’s getting here, but the ending fights from his last run before he dropped the belt to Usyk really took the shine off him and exposed him. He’s average at best though he does some stuff well. He’s just not mean enough

This has always been the problem with boxing. They’re too scared of “tarnishing” their fake legacies and one loss means that they’re automatically seen as bums; and so they never bother to take risks and fight more dangerous and relevant competitors.
Floyd himself is as guilty as cherrypicking who he fought and precisely when, having ducked a prime Pacq for years. Joshua’s opponents also feel similarly picked

>having ducked a prime Pacq for years

ya, ok, Bob. No one believes that shit anymore when he's held up bouts like Crawford/Spence and Lopez/Gamboa. How can ANYONE with an IQ above 45 still believe it was Floyd ducking Manny. lmfao.

Hermaphrodite

>Why is he so disliked by knowledgeable boxing fans?
he was a manufactured "star" by the sky sports boxing machine. can't actually box (he started age 18 so it makes sense). almost lost to 41 year old wlad, his first real test, because wlad stopped attacking for some reason
>Is it his personality
eddie hearn/sky sports gave him media training, which made him appear inorganic/fake (humble stuff, robotic interviews). fury is basically the antithesis to AJ. doesn't give a fuck, is a gyppo and proud, loud and crass, fat fuck. he just appears to be a real human being
>or is he just seen as overrated in terms of his actual boxing ability?
AJ isn't the best boxer because he started really late (age 18). his style is very robotic, like he's thinking before every punch rather than it being natural. guys like usyk who have boxed since the age of 5 have great boxing IQ but it makes sense due to how long they've been doing it

>me big don't eat me
youtube.com/watch?v=cBkWhkAZ9ds

He is a hype job that was treated as the top of the division despite clearly avoiding a confrontation with literally the only two names in his division that mattered: Wilder and Fury. They've managed to fight each other three times, and he hasn't been in the ring with either of them once. His best win is against an over the hill Klitschko, and his record is filled with B-list heavyweights (even though they were ranked top 10). Bottom line, he was a weak champion in a very weak era of heavy weight boxing, and he wasn't even REALLY dominating it. Then he lost to a Mexican bus driver, and got demolished by a glorified light heavy weight.

In all fairness, he came to boxing comparatively late in life so it's impressive what he achieved in that time (same thing with Wilder). I give him credit for that. But it was annoying how people talked like he was better than he clearly was.

>GayJ
He’s a heartlet and a fucking clown. Big stiff bodybuilder, hasnt been the same since he got concussed by the meximanlet. Ducked Wilder for years, his heart isnt in the sport anymore. Just wants to be surrounded by yes men, hasnt learned any lessons since the lost to Usyk.

not even comparable to Lennox, or even Bruno
Bruno was widely loved and had good heart but was a cardiolet
AJ is akin to Michael Grant who got blown up in devastating fashion by Lennox

Attached: ezgif-1-77805e573b.gif (444x250, 3.99M)

The British sports media, and British media in general, have a problem with hyping up young ethnic Brits who are nowhere near as good as they actually are. Joshua got by fighting cans and making a name for himself during a horrendously weak era of heavyweights, especially in the UK. He beat a relatively geriatric Klitschko with too much effort, but the fact he did made him a hype job the media couldn't stop promoting. Now that the field is much stronger he's been consistent exposed as out of his depth, especially as he ducks the only relevant heavyweights out there, bar Usyk. Dude is basically the Emma Raducanu of British boxing.

Typicap britbum hypejob

The black Harry Kane

Nothing pisses me off more than the fact many of the same people who now act like it's so obvious that AJ just isn't that good are the ones I've been arguing with for literally 4 years now that were claiming he was the best heavyweight and a dominant champion and all the rest of it.

He's manifactured

A murder's row of first ballot Hall of Famers for sure.

Smug with no charm to back it up.

The fact all Brits hate Amir Khan and have never respected him is the real racism here. Joshua is loved by everyone, Khan has always had to have the handicap of being profoundly disliked by the Brit public

That’s the problem with boxing fans. The attitude that all boxers are GOATs with no flaws until they lose and then they’re nothing but irredeemable bums is a retarded and yet stubborn attitude to argue against

Amir Khan is shit though, walking glass jaw and only got hyped up because hes asian
t.paki

SHAT UP BLAD

Attached: 1412975589455_wps_10_Boxer_Anthony_Joshua_feat.jpg (962x753, 86.58K)