Newcastle United vs. Liverpool OFFICIAL MATCH THREAD

Will this be an early preview of next seasons title decider? If the scousers avoid a loss they will go top of the table for at least 5 hours until City play Leeds later today.

>Newcastle XI
Dubravka, Krafth, Schar, Burn, Targett, Shelvey, Guimaraes, Willock, Almiron, Joelinton, Saint-Maximin
>Bench
Darlow, Dummett, Lascelles, Ritchie, Manquillo, Wood, Murphy, Gayle, Longstaff

>Liverpool XI
Alisson, Gomez, Matip, Van Dijk, Robertson, Henderson, Milner, Keita, Mane, Jota, Diaz
>Bench
Kelleher, Fabinho, Konate, Thiago, Salah, Jones, Tsimikas, Alexander-Arnold, Elliot

Attached: 0_Liverpool.jpg (615x409, 72.22K)

>That midfield

Today it slips

cheers on making the thread lad
saved me doing it

>That midfield
>Gomez RB

Why Kloppo

Attached: 1647380056167.jpg (1080x1194, 142.71K)

get ready for >slip kino

Idk why Klopp is choosing this game, arguably the hardest league game remaining, to rotate everyone when they're 2-0 up against villareal in the CL semi. Just bench half of the fatigued players today and half on tuesday.

liverpool 3 - 2 city
>we beat city we've won the league
>that liverpool feel
>champions elect la
>look at gerrard what heart
>we go again! xD
norwich 2 - 3 liverpool
>grinding out wins is the sign of champions
>how many will be beat chelsea by la
liverpool 0 - 2 chelsea
>anti football, were still top of the league
>defending is easy
>palace is a fortress city wont win there
palace 0 - 2 city
>everton will do us a favour
everton 2 - 3 city
>they let city win
>b-bitter
>its still on if we beat palace and newcastle by 7
palace 3 - 3 liverpool
>b-but rodgers said defending is easy
>city will lose to villa
>villa are good against the big sides
city 4 - villa 0
>west ham will do us a favour
>b-big andy with the 90th minute winner
>i-it's not over yet
city 2 - west ham 0
>t-top 4 was the aim
>w-we overachieved
>n-next year is the year

It's a failure, an absolute failure. You get into that position with four games to go, if you had gone into that dressing room today they would not have been celebrating anything. I think it will be massive disappointment - Alan Hansen

If you are first you are first. If you are second you are nothing - Bill Shankly

Friendly reminder that Steven Gerrard said "this does not slip" to his team-mates after beating Manchester City last season when Liverpool were in the driving seat to win their first title in 24 year, before he literally slipped to let Demba Ba score, resulting in a home defeat, before they threw away a 3-0 lead at Crystal Palace, meaning that the first time in Premier League history that Liverpool went into the final day of the season with a mathematical chance of winning the league but with no hope of winning it whatsoever, meaning they finished in second place, ultimately choked their best ever chance at the title, and decided to write a book about it being some sort of success before selling off their best player and replacing him with Rickie Lambert

Attached: 1450641328426.jpg (259x262, 18.84K)

Liverpool are the best team left in the Champions League and are the only team in England who think of themselves in terms of international honours rather than domestic ones. Klopp won't want to choke that.

Howay

Attached: PEPENEWCASTLE.png (711x636, 306.4K)

>Henderson, Milner, Keita, Mane, Jota, Diaz
RIP Newcastle

James Milner starting a game in 2022 doesn't inspire hope

I just think percentage wise it makes sense to be slightly weaker over two games instead of much weaker in one if you're targeting a quadruple (despite what Klopp says he definitely is).

If you bench TAA and Fabinho in this game and then bench Salah and Thiago in the 2nd leg theres (I'm pulling numbers out my ass to make a point) a 10% chance you slip in both games versus a 30% chance you slip today and a near 0% chance you slip midweek.

Howe will be sacked at the end of the season and Newcastle will go for one of Zidane, Ancelotti or Mourinho

fucking lel

Newcastle will sign Klopp after they batter his lads today

People who post shit like this deserve to suffer in a Holocaust where the fires of the ovens come from nuclear power.

Seriously now, Milner is probably the most soulful man alive in the whole of the British Isles, and you guys treat him like shit, rellying instead to the ranks of lesser men such as Salah and Van Dijk!? Fuck off, spastic!

>subject line not all caps
>no kickoff time in the OP
>positions not delimited by semicolons
>no indication of who is leading the sides as captain
>subs not in greentext

should be ashamed of yourself m8

Start enquiring about pre-sale of NUFC stocks on NYSE because that's where they're going. Don't know the exact terminology but the Saudis will definitely make them available for public trade

Yea, he's not a good player anymore Joao save the sperging

Fucking embarrassing post.

Why would they do a Birmingham and boot their manager out for someone who's a big name?

Sorry la

>positions not delimited by semicolons
k e k

come on liverpool!

Attached: 1651300754582.jpg (1536x2048, 584.3K)

newcastle are winning this that's my gut feeling

They are gonna slip, aren't they?

>early kick off
>milner
it's over for liverpoop

So it's a easy 3-0 win for the visitors with them nor even getting out of 2nd gear

if liverpool win this game with that team then the quadruple is theirs

City won't be dropping points anymore

City will be dropping points this very day

Name now.

liveepool have more chance of dropping points today than city

joelinton masterclass incoming

Attached: 1640113394635.png (511x671, 142.99K)

it's over for liverlel

Says the increasingly nervous ABL for the 50th time

im a liverpool fan. i just like to post meme phrases

Horrendous team selection from Liverpool.

If Liverpool wins everything this season, is Klopp in the conversation for who is the goat manager?

Wood bros is it all over

Next time put the kick off time in the OP please

>ends liverpool's title hopes and van dijk's career

Attached: 1591452_1.jpg (590x350, 24.45K)

Reminder that City were the only club that didn't vote to cry to the PL when the Mags first got rich. We do owe them a favour. HTL

Goat season perhaps, he'd need to maintain this dominance for another decade at least to surpass fergie though

Letting oil money into footyball was the biggest mistake ever.

Is there really that much of a difference between American billionaires and Arab billionaires?

Eddie Howe, all of Boscombe is behind you

Attached: 1650291220508.png (1010x1200, 154.55K)

>Robertson, Henderson, Milner, Keita, Mane, Jota, Diaz

Attached: 1524572511736.jpg (665x532, 42.67K)

i'm bored of sports

The United States of America is the greatest country on earth.

Well yeah, they work together to genocide the Houthi

They bombed you mate.

Haven't had the pleasure yet.

HEEEEE'S BRAZILIAN
HE ONLY COST 40 MILLION

Then what money do you want in football? If oil money is bad, is royal money or tech money good?

i want to kiss shelvey's shiny bald head

>Aye I saw Joelinton strafiing villages in Yemen. Away with yourself, ya fucking eejit.

former ABL here
I have seen the light
I joined the kult kloppo

Attached: 1471982460381.jpg (225x225, 7.91K)

Not really, but are there many arab billionaires involved in football that aren't royalty? The 3 main examples are all state programs

i'd like to slap it

Thats a big flag

>Salah ain't playing
Das not rite. He'll probably will have a couple of bangers in the second half tho

Attached: 1624832907542.jpg (768x768, 62.91K)

It should be prohibited for foreigners to buy clubs.

mines bigger

at least arabs and russians seem to be proper enthusiastic about football. glazers kroenke werner all seem like proper boring cultureless mongs like all yanks

How are they going to see the match?

kino jazzy music

Arab states control Arab wealth, American wealth controls the American state

damn its early

Republicans get the bullet.

Ok that is based. I'll concede.

howay

Attached: and.jpg (943x960, 574.21K)