sortitoutsi.net/football-manager-2022/essentials

>Guide to Football Manager:
guidetofootballmanager.com/

>Tactic and Strategy Guides:
community.sigames.com/topic/495115-tactic-and-strategy-guides/

>Training and Mentoring Guides:
community.sigames.com/topic/495114-training-and-mentoring-guides/

>Team Talks:
strikerless.com/2016/02/19/the-hartman-doctrine-why-the-hairdryer-treatment-works-surprisingly-well/

>Macca's official /trb/ database:
pastebin.com/uj27eQhe (2015)
pastebin.com/7e3Vv0ap(2016)

First time creating a general thread, hope I didn't fuck it up.

Attached: farmer.jpg (736x837, 71.62K)

bump

It's nice to know we're finally dying after a decade. Thanks Miles

polebros...

Attached: polandbtfo.png (419x262, 35.36K)

bump, you lazy fucks,

>dat soothing feeling of excellence..

Attached: Screenshot 2022-04-24 144345.jpg (1909x669, 142.09K)

Are there any exploits for FM22? Only just started playing it. I like to exploit the game to learn the basics first.

exploiting the game means that you have mastered it and are looking to go above and beyond to make it your bitch.

Start by learning the basics as you say. Pick a small team and a lower league, you won't be overwhelmed that way.

I've always said the opposite desu, not much fun if you fuck your entire save by upgrading your scouting package and ruining the finances so you can't do anything. Sure you'll learn but far easier and more fun to just start at a massive club where you can afford to do literally anything without too much worry of financial constraints and likely not have it impact you too much yet still gain some understanding of how it all works.

why would you fuck up your save because of a scouting package? It's the most bizarre thing I've ever heard.. You can select "None" and you have no problem with scouting.

I am against playing in a big club because you're overwhelmed by the expectations and the players, you have huge budgets, everything is already perfect, there's not much to do. It's a better approach for a manager who discovers the game to select a lower club and learn the ropes.

Also, there's everything to build, you start at the starting line, not the finish line.

>why would you fuck up your save because of a scouting package? It's the most bizarre thing I've ever heard.. You can select "None" and you have no problem with scouting.
But you can know nothing, assume you want a big package (because that makes sense) and you can afford a bigger package so you choose it and then your finances are fucked and you can't sign anyone and you're haemorrhaging money.
You're coming at it from the view of "I know better than to do that" and not "I'm new to the game and don't know much but I can afford this and it seems good so I guess I'll spend on it"
This is why people need to start somewhere where they can afford to make an error.

>I am against playing in a big club because you're overwhelmed by the expectations and the players, you have huge budgets, everything is already perfect, there's not much to do. It's a better approach for a manager who discovers the game to select a lower club and learn the ropes.
You're trying to teach them to struggle rather than teach them to experiment, with the huge budget and high rep you can sign a lot of different types of players and craft whatever sort of tactics and teams you want, you will see how too much change can disrupt a teams togetherness. You can have a large enough and competent enough squad to experiment with almost any sort of set up, your coaches will be qualified enough to develop players well making you learn development.
Yes it may potentially be overwhelming but it is giving you the option to experience everything and grasp just how much you can do rather than stcking you in a box where most of the decisions are made for you because you simply cannot afford to do anything which imo is boring af for a newcomer who can't appreciate the challenge.

I know you really love to take some absurd position just to contradict me, which is fine, but sometimes you're really using completely baffling arguments..

Think of you trying to start a career as a manager in real life. Do you think it would be easier to join a local club or replace Guardiola ? Come on man, have some common sense.. You do realize the board expects you to win the league, the ECL and manage a full squad of star players...

Just chill in Vanorama league until you learn the ropes.

And making mistakes teaches you about the game. He'll make the same mistakes at a big club but he won't be noticing them, so you're giving him bad advice.

To understand the value of money, you would send someone in a poor country instead of giving him 1 billion and tell him to enjoy his yacht.

>I know you really love to take some absurd position just to contradict me
This is the first time I've responded to a swiss flag in /trb/ as far as I can recall so if you have beef with someone in here it ain't me. I don't think its an absurd position at all as its just a game. I think showing someone everything you could do rather than limiting them and expecting them to just enjoy the limitations is unreasonable.
irl I'd expect a manager to work their way up, in a "help me enjoy this game and get interested in it" setting I think its far better to show somebody the possibilities than limit them and watch them get bored. They are more likely to appreciate the challenge with some knowledge of what they can achieve and are struggling towards.

>And making mistakes teaches you about the game. He'll make the same mistakes at a big club but he won't be noticing them, so you're giving him bad advice.
I'd argue making the mistake where it doesn't matter, even if you don't notice it, is better as it is less likely to cripple you financially so at least you can continue to enjoy and discover the other aspects of the game. Then once you have a handle on that you can increase the difficulty with a smaller team and you'll make fewer mistakes at other parts making it far easier to handle.
You're essentially asking somebody to come in, know nothing and almost certainly fuck up to the extent they get bored immediately. I'm saying its better to come in, fuck up, not have it matter and get some experience before taking on something trickier.

>To understand the value of money, you would send someone in a poor country instead of giving him 1 billion and tell him to enjoy his yacht.
>you really love to take some absurd position just to contradict me
Its a fucking game mate. By your same logic here you would take a baby being unable to do anything and stick them out on the street to survive, they'll learn that way right? Its not comparable because there are no stakes.

sure you can dick around as newcastle for half a season, but you dont really learn much that isnt immediately obvious, or anything that would lift a club through divisions or different resource capabilities
if you just wanted "buy golden boy and spam OP formations 2022" then go ahead

Begging you to imagine you have literally never played the game before and then say you can't learn much doing a save at a big club.
Its easy when you've been playing for years and you can do half of it on autopilot and you know what you can entrust to assistants etc but when you're completely new and want to have a tinker with everything from tactics to scouting to facility improvements to signings you need the freedom to make mistakes.
Coming into a lower down save with some knowledge of how the game works can only benefit new players.

Can players die unexpectedly?

4231 gegenpress is still OP
3 striker formations are still OP

I have trouble selling my players.

I only manage in croatia and there was very easy to sell players but now I'm struggling in bundesliga. Are my wages too big?

Has anyone been able to explain why man united is impossible to play against in every single version of this >game? I’m on 17 (their squad is decent but in now way amazing) and it does not matter who I’m playing as, or how they’ve been doing otherwise. If I come up against them I will at best scrape a result, but more often than not end up losing by at least a couple of goals. For reference I’ve managed to beat City 8-1, but my finest win against Man U ended in a 2-0 win at home. Is this bias still alive? I’ve recorded over 1400 hrs on 17 btw

Probably wages, yeah. When you get a scout report and the wage demands put you off, that’s also what happens to the AI I would assume.

It's because FM rigs it for United and Arsenal as their biggest customers.

You have infinity time to explain how 4132 DM Wide isn't the GOAT formation. Enjoy failing.

Begin

>wide
cringe

>I'd argue making the mistake where it doesn't matter
I'll redirect you to your own
>Its a fucking game mate.
and I think you missed the idea behind my billion metaphor. It was nothing else.
>This is the first time I've responded to a swiss flag
OK, I don't have beef with anyone on this forum, we're all sharing the same passion and it happens to have different opinions.

>there are no stakes.
So by that logic, might as well play in a simple environment to better grasp the game and not be overwhelmed.

But man, I think we can both see that there's no point to argue, we have our opinions, you won't sway me, clearly you're also firm-minded. I've been playing this game for 24 years, I think I can give an informed advice to a beginner.

Maybe you have the same experience and you're entitled to your thoughs, however wrong I might think they are.

My guess is that the reputation of your club compared to theirs acts as a hidden debuff which lowers your average team rating.

I always have 6.5 rating avg when playing those niggers. But that's gonna change this season, since I'll get 5* rep, and I'll rape them.

Pic related, their neighbours.

Attached: cityofmcu.jpg (1937x1021, 500.85K)

speaking of excellence, I think "our" boy Barron had a good run last season.

"When asked what the best feeling in the world was, Barron replied:

>' To crush your enemies and hear the lamentations of their manager.'

Attached: maga.jpg (1921x1041, 307.53K)

>take an international job for a couple of years
>this happens
cannot trust club football to be left alone

Attached: nld.png (930x546, 94.42K)

Imagine the stadium atmosphere

I don't think so. I think becoming a homo is it.

a disappointing lack of drama, but it means that 10th place Spurs will play CL football next season

Attached: nld2.png (496x524, 53.58K)

First "big" win in FM. Finally feel like I'm half decent after 300 hours.

Attached: Barca.png (1185x706, 142.47K)

Wonderful.

Is this kid too shit to play as an AP at AMC effectively?

Attached: Hendrickx.png (1734x515, 257.1K)

No, that kid is amazing, go buy him.

I'm looking at him as a potential replacement for this guy.

Attached: Palacios.png (1734x458, 224.23K)

I'm worried about his passing, technique, and teamwork

Who cares, if it doesn't work out with those stats he'll be flogged for several times the price.

Good point. I'm pretty positive I can get him for free anyways.

>player is unhappy because I ''backed'' down to another players playing time demand
>in reality I had to play him because I had long term injuries on every other player on his position

would you get better players on loan deals being the affiliate of a strong club with good facilities in an average country like braga in portugal or an average club with average facilities in a top5 country like montpellier or sheffield?

Why is it sometimes your team will be clicking and winning 4 out of 5 games against good teams then just go through a slump against mid table shitters without any change to the team whatsoever?

I would pick the country with the best facilities and who will play him more often, in your case Braga.

What's important for me is playing time, then the training quality when speaking about a loan.

I'm convinced there's a debuff when you play the last shitter from your table. It's eerie.

bump to keep "our" thread alive.

Because it works better without strikers, so 4-1-3-2-0. Use inverted wing-backs and enjoy your 2-3-5 formation in attack.

>Polonia Warszawa
kek one of the most hated clubs in poland because its literally the only club in whole Poland with lefty fans

>because its literally the only club in whole Poland with lefty fans
Now this is football

I think complancency is really exaggarated and makes these things happen. I would guess you can avoid it by playing the game in turbo-autist mode, doing individual chats every day, holding team meetings, making individual pep talks ahead of matches etc., but I think the >game would stop being fun at that point imo

Youth intake
>a number of healthy new full backs
Good my right back is starting to get old
>the full backs coming through are not the best
>Dont expect much from this intake
Rrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee every fucking time

>not much fun if you fuck your entire save by upgrading your scouting package and ruining the finances so you can't do anything.
yeah you can, you can get sacked and find another job
don't treat failure as a mistake

Its the complacency dice roll in FM. Its really fucking exaggerated and can derail your season. Thanks Miles.

Journeyman will always be the best way to play fm

Lads on a nostalgia bend right now, what's the best Older FM title? Preferably games after 2000, cause I know nothing about 90s football.

wtf no im supposed to get 4 promotions in a row then win the world champions league with club academy players even though ive never played before

2008 was the first one that fully consumed my life

14 is my first game and the one I have most nostalgia for. I guess that makes me semi newfag.

My squad has completely shit the bed in the middle of the season and I have no idea how to turn it around. My defense is allowing the easiest goals I've seen in 7 seasons with this team. The simplest through balls to a forward standing directly between my two central defenders and its an automatic goal. My defenders look completely lost. It's gotten so bad that I'm playing 5 at the back for the first time. Further I'm consistently getting high xG, but not scoring nearly enough. More balls have hit the post than actually gone in. Tons of wasted chances. Anyone have any tips?

maybe bad morale/momentum. could try to schedule a couple easy friendlies against shitters in lower leagues to see if it helps.
if you are using 2 cbs its much easier to just use 2 cb(defend). if you want to have 1 cb (cover) and 1 cb (stopper) to work you need to put the right type of players into the roles. if the cover guy has bad anticipation/positioning/marking hes just going to get beat every single time just like you are talking about. or maybe try a defensive midfielder.

I'm using 2 cb on defend. It may be. I think I need to tweak my tactic a bit. I'm noticing my players tend to stop advancing the ball when someone gets near them, they make a bad pass which gets intercepted, and it leads to a counter and goal. I think thats why my defense has been playing so bad. They're caught off guard by bad turnovers.

This is pretty much how it goes for me, create a ton and concede from pretty direct opposition play.
The only remedy I've found is to keep attacking at all times. Any time I drop a little deeper or introduce a third CB it just draws more pressure onto my back line.
Try to prioritise pace a little more in your defenders, so they can recover from the dumb decisions they make. I haven't found a way to get them to stop being sumb, so recovering from their fuck ups well is the next best thing.

the game is quite harsh on defenders. a decent central back needs to have 14+ anticipation and decisions, but because the game rates mental attributes much higher than technical attributes, most player with 14+ anticipation and decisions are basically elite. you wont really find those types of players outside of top clubs. having pacier defenders like said is also a good option.

Got this in my youth intake, how do I not ruin him? He is already allegedly at League 2 level.

Attached: 20220426050752_1.jpg (1920x1080, 249.29K)