New Leaked footage of SCOOB!

youtube.com/watch?v=rUEaSQMZ51c
What do you think?

Attached: scoob_header_1394082.jpg (640x360, 20K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DpT6WTwRVmo
youtube.com/watch?v=3GWsOfVgBUU
youtube.com/watch?v=KX5ZV82Cm5Q
youtube.com/watch?v=HUiZszmCINY
youtube.com/watch?v=tRX9UQKf19c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It looks like shit, but I still hope it does well at the box-office so we can get mroe Hanna-Barbera movies. the Flintstones and Yogi Bear deserve good theatrical movies.

What did they mean by this?

Attached: 1582919850073.jpg (3521x2991, 1.73M)

The movie will be beautiful

how?

idk

Lol. That Charlie's Angels flop also had an RGB reference.

And so did Lego Movie 2

Attached: Ruth Masturbater Ginsberg.jpg (2864x1200, 197K)

>those people laughing at anything in the video
Oh well, I really like how well they're translating the original art style to 3D.

Man, that whole sequence just feels lifeless. If they can't do even one of the most basic of the iconic Scooby bits right, I don't see this film being good at all.

>Lego Movie 2
Oh yeah.. that was the one that flopped, right? I'm sensing a pattern here.

this

kek

any word on scrappy or ghoul waifus showing up?

Attached: 55E2685C-03FD-4A87-8413-32F068C453A3.gif (340x256, 694K)

>Dat gif
Where's that from? Animation looks almost official.

Attached: DEAR GOD.jpg (800x450, 61K)

lego movies after the 1st was always going to do worse because the novelty has worn off

this

Classic scenario (monsters chasing Shag and Scoob and then they trick them into doing something else).

Honestly this movie looks like it's going to be great.

apparently it’s from same latin american total drama island promo

I think it’s that SD Blair Witch crossover

>Honestly this movie looks like it's going to be great.

Attached: THIS IS GONNA SUCK.png (1867x705, 161K)

>Shaggy's VA, the lack of any music, and the comedic timing of the monsters make it lifeless.
I just don't know what they were thinking when they casted Shaggy, besides Scooby he's one of the main reasons people will even give the film a chance.

>dbag
>ahole
how can they get away with this

Attached: D46D52F0-0953-43E8-A060-23150713F14B.jpg (500x375, 54K)

You can actually get away with a lot in PG movies. Studios just choose not to. And I'm not talking about back in the day, you can still say words like damn, hell, ass, bastard, goddamn, bitch, even SHIT.

Attached: MFW.jpg (480x360, 15K)

>just give me a whole bunch of shitty films
Fuck you

>then a bunch of cute robots attack Scooby and Shaggy

How did he manage to see it 7 months before release? If the movie is already done, why not release it now?

>Blue Falcon dabs

Attached: God is dead.jpg (469x401, 38K)

It's just a judge costume user

>How did he manage to see it 7 months before release?
test screenings
>why not release it now?
maybe WB chose a release window that won't make the quarterly report look too bad in case scoob flops

is it?

This movie is going to suck

Attached: 1554937688270.jpg (500x464, 28K)

I really like Matthew Lillard's Shaggy voice and don't quite understand why he's not cast in this film.
I do like the way the CG is looking, they went super cartoony and it's working well.

>I really like Matthew Lillard's Shaggy voice and don't quite understand why he's not cast in this film.
Stunt casting... I think.

Attached: Who.jpg (1008x756, 66K)

I wish they could've brought James Gunn back.

Do enough people care about will forte for him to be considered a stunt cast?

They don't care. They want vaguely memorable names on the poster.

Well...
At least it doesn't sound like Will Forte?

I'd like to see them revisit Jabberjaw

Who is will forte?

I think it's mainly to get easier access to talk shows and stuff. But I mean, they already have Mark "incredibly overpaid" Walhberg as Blue Falcon. That should be enough, imo.

>At least it doesn't sound like Will Forte?
I like most of Forte's work (Clone High, Macgruber) but so far his acting in this sounds really bad. And not just in terms of being Shaggy but in a general acting sense.
youtube.com/watch?v=DpT6WTwRVmo
Watch the first few seconds of this video. He's literally stammering over his fucking lines.

He's a TV everyman, but I think most folks here would remember him as the voice of Abe Lincoln from Clone High.

Attached: abe_lincoln.gif (250x192, 97K)

The writing doesn't through either; Shaggy and Scooby don't come off as confident enough in their con job compared to the show for it to be funny.

>I just don't know what they were thinking when they casted Shaggy, besides Scooby he's one of the main reasons people will even give the film a chance.
They even fucked up Scooby, and he has the same damn voice actor. He's talking WAY too much.

loved that show

Attached: file.png (1200x795, 2.35M)

Attached: This was a real line in the grinch.png (1156x647, 624K)

velma's a big dumb nerd

At first glance it looked like the Cat was fucking him so hard that cum shot right out the Grinch's head.

Attached: b2d0d5de326446f0b1b4e2d07c3c3839.jpg (540x540, 46K)

Here's some of the toys
youtube.com/watch?v=3GWsOfVgBUU

complain about fred but dick dastardly looks so wrong

She gets referenced all the time as a symbol of female empowerment you dumb zoomer.

You mean snidley whiplash

kek

>all the Christine Baranski titty in The Grinch
God bless

hmmm

Daphne is Wonder Woman. Velma is queen judge. Because Daphne is a geek and Velma is a nerd.

Post Daphne

Attached: Daphne says hi.gif (268x350, 2.8M)

Looks pretty standard

I'd say this alone is worth the pain

This gives me "CGI Don Bluth" vibes if that makes sense

It's okay but it doesn't feel like Scooby

I get the sense that the best part will be during the halloween phase of the film; where Daphne will carry the film. Only for her to then sink into the background for the rest of the movie.

Attached: Daphne Strong.png (1920x811, 2.23M)

>Having Shaggy and Scooby make references to Japanese food because the writers are inserting their personality quirks into the script

sick of this shit. never in my life have i wanted to hear Shaggy say "Yakitori".

Attached: 1555272207426.jpg (367x411, 26K)

>never in my life have i wanted to hear Shaggy say "Yakitori".
I have

bump

It's funnier when Velma carries all of them

looks like somethin shad would make

They've already been visited by Shad

Velma is the glue that holds the gang together

youtube.com/watch?v=KX5ZV82Cm5Q

The Flintstones already HAS a good theatrical movie though.

>WTF THE TWO CHARACTERS WHO LOVE ALL FOOD ALSO LOVE FOREIGN FOOD?!?? FUCKING LIBERALS THSI IS WHY TRUMP WON THE ELECTION

I honestly think the flashback stuff about Shaggy meeting Scooby, and the kids becoming friends will all be great and then the adult stuff will all be terrible. That was just the vibe the trailer gave me.

Pretty sure they were referencing the Futurama Scooby parody.

niberu needs to come and reboot reality again

Couldn't they have gotten anyone halfway decent to do the Shaggy voice? For god's, every single stoner I've ever met has done a more passable impression.

The sad part is Its WAY better than first

I can't watch that movie without thinking about the Kumite episode of the Boondocks

really?

Why was the conversion to Diner Employees so rough and why wasn't Scooby done up as a 1950's middle aged waitress.

What a garbage complaint, how does it feel to be retarded.

no. But there are cool things in it.

The musical numbers are actually pretty excellent (Not Evil being a bop and a half)

The theme is an interesting one to tackle, but the live action bits are more extensive and so, SO much worse.

The joke quality is generally worse and it kind of pulls a 22 Jump Street where half the jokes are "remember the last movie? we know that this is a tired cliche but we are doing it anyway LULZ"

I could see why some people like it more, but it honestly is a worse film.

Lego Batman is by far the best Lego movie

Better than shameless live action Disney remakes, I'd take this over Mulan, Cruella and The Little Mermaid any day.

Attached: 1576923112688.png (389x386, 312K)

MMM YOU BET

Dick looks so plain that I can hardly blame the leaker now for calling him Snidely Whiplash.

This

No

Bump

>If the movie is already done, why not release it now?
He literally said the movie isn't done.

DIDNT HE JUST SWOOCE?!

everytime that banana thing is onscreen i want to kill myself.

This always happens when I go to the movies. Don't know why, even when there's some autist by themselves they do this fake laugh shit

LET'S PLOT A COURSE
INTERCOURSE

literally who

I thought it was Judge Judy

90's kids (aka BOOMERS) where kids when Clinton appointed Adrian Toomes for SCOTUS. Now they are grown up boomers and are writing in references of their favorite feminist icon. But don't take my word for it. Go watch Deadpool.

Kek

>everything else is shit so just give me a whole bunch of shitty films
Fuck you

I want them to redo Hong Kong Fooey real world, motion captured photorealistic cgi character, make him a girl, and have Sarah Michelle Gellar voice her. And make the movie SERIOUS. Have HKF spit blood after shaking off a cheap shot to the face, at least. Hell, make it a DC crossover. Bad guy? Lady Shiva.

say what?

>NO CAPES

>your retarded friend who’s too scared of Chinese/Mexican/Lebanese/Japanese so you end up getting wings at Dirty Dan’s Divebar again
God damn it Cody- just get the egg rolls/fajitas/kebab/tempura. It’s incredibly mild and very similar to what you’re familiar with.

Based Edna poster

Attached: E.jpg (1280x720, 90K)

have a webm, with sound at

Attached: this is daphne na.webm (682x802, 690K)

yep

I really just lost interest in this when I found out it wasn't about them solving a mystery.

this

That's because the kid portion seems like it will focus on the gang solving a mystery while the adult stuff has them split up (and not in a good way) to wank Blue Falcon in an artificial attempt at setting up their shared universe instead of having the Scooby movie being about the Scooby Gang.

It's a Be Cool reference.
youtube.com/watch?v=HUiZszmCINY

>What a garbage complaint
His example is dumb but I agree with the theory. It's a problem with many Hollywood adaptations. The writers don't understand the psychology or "voice" of the characters they're writing, so instead they replace aspects of the characters' voices with parts of their own.

In the trailer you have that scene where Shaggy and Scooby are showing affection and Scooby licks Shaggy's face. Then Shaggy licks Scooby's face, and Scooby replies with an MCU tier quip. This is one example where the writers make shit up about the characters because they don't get how things are supposed to function.

kinda disappointed that it's not grey

That shaggy voice is awful and it's not due to the audio quality since he sounds terrible in the trailers too

Velma is so fucking precious good lord my heart

Attached: 020450.jpg (480x480, 46K)

this

I don't understand why they turned this movie into a big Hannah Barbera crossover event and not a simple mystery movie. They have a bigger budget than any other Scooby Doo production so they could make a pretty decent flick with what they have, but instead its not about any mystery and more about making a cinematic universe. That's dogshit.

WB's desperately trying to chase that CU money and make up for the failure that was the Lego movieverse

Scooby talking was a mistake.

a big budget Scooby movie with the series' voice actors and a good mystery would be great

What is it about?

bump

Just show Dastardly and Muttley already, FUCK.

I'd actually argue that role for Scooby.

bumpin the thread too

Attached: scooby.jpg (600x315, 38K)

Can't they just make a fun animated movie without getting all political?

Why didn't they just use Lillard?

nothing

>Expecting WB to make good decisions

Attached: FUCKINKEK.png (554x554, 525K)

I suppose that's fair. But is Will Forte really a bigger draw for people?

No. I highly doubt normies even know who he is. Granted they may not know Lillard by name but at least his voice could be recognized from every Scooby Doo related media in the past 10 years plus the two live action films.

Most likely answer: WB are dumb

Second most likely answer: They probably wanted as much separation as possible from the original movies to "Reboot" it for cinema so they recast everyone. Which is also dumb.

>dbag
Dirtbag is commonly used as a replacement.

Mathew Lillard IS Shaggy at this point, just like Frank Welker IS Fred. I would bet money that the production folks had zero say in this move and it was probably some higher ups who don't give a shit about anything but money who came up with this move, which is a bad one. But hey, so was the recent Zombie Island. Here's the thing, stupid mistakes and uncreative decisions are something the series has gone through a hundred times and it will happen a hundred times more. I'm just surprised and happy that this particular series (One of my faves from all time but you don't need my life story) has held onto it's cultural relevance for such a long time despite how 'low budget' it usually is.

I think it just has a timeless aesthetic, fun characters (With good designs and great color palates imo) and Scooby is SUCH a great mascot and design. He was always going to be more popular than Speed Buggy or flipping Jabberjaw! lol

lol

I guarantee what happened was that an executive was at some party where Will Forte happened to randomly do a Shaggy impression as a joke and they remembered it while scrambling to find some "name" actor for this film.

>CGI Don Bluth
I hope you're not insulting Bluth.
I'd agree if it wasn't for the fact they're talking about food.

No one said anything about politics.

Music is shit, they don't really sound their age, and why are they doing that stupid smile that I've only ever seen dumb roasties do?

Meant to reply to

>I would bet money that the production folks had zero say in this move and it was probably some higher ups who don't give a shit about anything but money who came up with this move
I'd say that's a very safe bet. This whole fucking concept smells of clueless execs, which is a shame since I think the people working on the technical side have done a good job translating the character designs to 3D and the animation actually looks pretty nice.

I agree. I was actually really excited about this movie and thought it would be a nice shot in the arm to get people talking about Scooby again. But then they changed the VO's AND it looks like they're gonna fall into the stupid habit they have of splitting Shag and Scoob up from the group and just forgetting about them in the second half. I HATE that they do this so often. It wouldn't even be annoying if they did it with the others. Hey how about a random adventure with literally anyone else and Scooby for once. I know that he's Shaggy's dog so of course they'd be together a lot, but it's way past the point of stale at this point.

this

It is official and was a CN Brazil (maybe LA as well?) bumper.

Based Brazil

Can't wait for all the Velma R34 influx this movie is going to bring,specially since they made her cute af

There's some pretty good stuff already

>"Can't they just write a nerdy chubby girl with a bowl cut and thick glasses in the modern day without turning her into a liberal feminist?"

No. Clearly, that's the obvious way to go. It makes sense if you want to do a more vapid Daphne, so there's a juxtaposition there. Surely as long as these characters have been re-interpreted, their characters have grown to have flaws.

Shaggy's dumb and lazy, Fred is cocky and jockish, Daphne's a bit of a ditz, and Velma is a whiny knowitall. Even if they don't portray her liberal politics as flaws (or at all beyond this costume, as is more likely), it's still fitting with her character.

Stop having a knee-jerk reaction to politics, you dumbass. You're talking about a series where the monsters are always industrialists and landowners trying to make money.

>where the monsters are always industrialists and landowners trying to make money.
They aren't always people and that's not the only reason

This

>Can't they just make a fun animated movie without getting all political?
Not in current day (((Hollywood))) they can't.

Those robot look cute.

Can't wait to wank it to this movie and I'm pretty sure most people here are in the same boat, especially after reading the lukewarm plot leak. It's cool we're finally getting another theatrical release, but that's about it. If this bombs I honestly wonder what'll happen to Scoob as a franchise besides merchandise.

My only issue is how weirdly slow paced the scene is. Like it's a standard bit sure but it moves like a glacier almost it's strange

Bump

why did they scrap Matthew Lillard?

Attached: 1461447151255.jpg (913x916, 232K)

because they're idiots

A relic almost forgotten

>they recast everyone
Scooby is still Frank Welker though

Not casting Frank Welker as Fred is an injustice. He should be allowed to voice the character as long as he is willing to. No one has EVER owned a character as long as he has.

This

I've never heard of him before

Attached: What the fuck.jpg (474x614, 70K)

oh hey, it's dick dasterdly

well this sucks, but at least i might be able to get some merch from my favorite dog

Attached: RCO001-1.jpg (1000x1537, 350K)

I don't see any Scrappy toys though

If all test audiences react the way these people do any time something remotely cute appears on-screen, I'm beginning to realize what's been going wrong in the industry over the last decade.

>I hope you're not insulting Bluth.
Not really, it's just that from this clip it looks like Scoob is going to be using a bunch of W A C K Y facial expressions despite that not really being as common a feature in CGI

youtube.com/watch?v=tRX9UQKf19c

>We can't have Fred with an ascot! That was only a fad for 8 months and it seemed alien to the character

kek

>Who

Will Forte is the guy from Last Man on Earth. He does sound a little like Shaggy. As a comedian he is great.

Attached: the-last-man-on-earth-cliffhanger.jpg (620x420, 309K)

Is dastardly going to be an asshole or a deranged war vet hepped up out of his mind on experimental military bioweapons?

Shadman when

>that passive insult to paul lynne

Attached: OVER THE LINE.jpg (190x265, 6K)

If they can't even do justice for Scooby Doo, their most beloved property (arguably next to Flintstones), why would more adaptations be a good thing? Scooby Doo should be the easiest one to get right.

what insult

user, I...

fuck you this shit could fuck up the Scooby franchise

>the audience laughing at just Scooby and Shaggy moving around

Music can be added, the problem with the scene is more fundamental than that. It moves too slow and ends too quick. The writers here understand what the gag is but they didn't take time to understand how/why it works.

It should be a lot more exaggerated than that and "we're out of calamari" shouldn't break the illusion or even be a thing that was said, when Shaggy and Scooby do the disguise and trick the monster thing they're in complete control of the situation and leave whoever it is dazed and confused for a few seconds.

>They even fucked up Scooby, and he has the same damn voice actor. He's talking WAY too much.
I'm not sure if I like it either but Scooby has talked a lot more in general since Mystery Incorporated happened

you fucking pedophiles will be the death of us all

You can tell these people don't actually care about Scooby Doo or care about the characters because he described Fred as "sporty"

Maybe if that one lonely pedophile goes on a shooting rampage and posts the manifesto to /pol/ first.

Attached: file.png (640x479, 157K)

Something about this Shaggy's voice really bugs me. Not sure what.

There's no reason Velma HAS to be a liberal feminist in this movie. The Scooby Gang, despite being fucking hippies, were always rather apolitical.

With pillowy mounds of mashed DICKS

its not his regular VA, its Will Forte and he can't do the voice at all

>grey
here:

Attached: this is velma and this is daphne desat na hb.webm (1920x804, 1.25M)

They meant Grey Griffin/Grey DeLisle, Daphne's current VA

it's sad that not one reply named who the judge is, board really is underage

Why would they HAVE to, bait-san

>Thumbnail has chib robots

Hard pass

How would you describe Fred?

He's a Chad archetype for sure, big and confident and a leader but he's not a jock in the slightest just because he looks that way. If anything Fred is pretty geeky, he's obsessed with building traps and its always him and Velma that really figure things out. He's more puzzle-solving boy scout than football player.

gay