Star Wars The High Republic

Star Wars The High Republic will have 3 villain factions:
>The Nihil
>Smugglers
>Ancient Evil Entities
Right? That's what rumours said...

Attached: Light_of_the_Jedi_cover.jpg (1875x2850, 508K)

Other urls found in this thread:

makingstarwars.net/2020/01/the-next-star-wars-film-saga-to-be-set-during-the-high-republic-era/
starwars.com/news/star-wars-the-high-republic-interview
youtube.com/watch?v=UC2Q6ANLXQ0&feature=emb_logo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Attached: 960x0.jpg (960x1222, 177K)

The ancient evil entities

Attached: 1582823357612.jpg (1200x900, 185K)

All comics and books

Attached: Screen_Shot_2020_02_25_at_8.47.41_AM.jpg (1400x772, 197K)

What leaks?

Eh, smugglers can be good, see Han and Lando half the time. Those animal things seem more anti-everyone, rather than just evil.

No leaks, just the announcements.

Honestly, who even cares?

I do, it could be good. Disney ruined a lot, but maybe this won't be bad.

I’ve got mixed feelings about especially with them not going back further in time by at least a few centuries 200 years is pretty tight for the Jedi to fall from their peak

Don’t have any high expectations it’s the mouse they fucked up the series so bad that besides Mando the only thing they can announce with confidence is a few books plus with Iger stepping down who knows how bad this’ll get

>it could be good
>maybe this won't be bad.
Oh, so you didn't see the whiteboard.

Which one? There were, like, eight in the announcement trailer.

Mando was good and universally likes, so maybe they are taking more from than, instead of The Sequels. That could be good.

I still trust makingstarwars.net. He got everything right on the sequel trilogy. On riseofskywalker, etc.

>makingstarwars.net/2020/01/the-next-star-wars-film-saga-to-be-set-during-the-high-republic-era/

>Dinosaurs
>Diversity twice
>representation
>Feelings

Attached: 49E7FF1F-3D33-49DB-B1CC-B0C78B59AE1C.jpg (1280x720, 128K)

The one with The Sith Empire that's not happening? Kys

I do, I like it.

>Relic Hunters
>Splinter Group Force Users
Hell yeah, I'm hype now.

>Sith empire
>no where to be seen
Why?

The Sith do exist at this time, maybe they're not part of the first big push of the era because they wanna stand out, but can come into play later.

They kinda have to follow the Mando after how much a failure the DT was and with Iger stepping down and Kennedy just being old it’s gonna be an interesting couple of years

Attached: A93CFBEA-726D-4172-87C1-2E6061939767.png (1221x741, 125K)

Bullshit

Wouldn't it be extremely difficult for a Wookiee to be a Jedi? They tend to have a lot of emotions

No

There's literally nothing inherently wrong here. It's all about execution mah dude.

>DT
You have to go back

In TPM the Sith were thought to be extinct for a millennium. If a character encounters one in this era they won't live to tell.

Chewbacca seemed to have his live together.

Someone encounters a Sith and survives, whether it be Yoda or someone else. Yoda in TPM talks about the rule of two.

They've been extinct for a millennium user. Whatever they know about the rule of two comes before that.

>universally likes
Nothing is universally liked. Absolutism makes you sound like a retard.

Yeah, yeah, Sith absolutes. fuck off.

>hype
your opinion doesn't matter to anyone

And neither does yours.

>literally
SJW detected. Of course you'd think those are good ideas, you'll believe just about anything.

i'm actually an influential blogger so

>If a character encounters one in this era they won't live to tell.

Or they'll just be ignorant of the Sith being a Sith, like how the Jedi Order was unaware of Sheev being one until he revealed himself.

Wow, this is worthless.
It's less than worthless my dear boy!

Fair enough. I guess they didn't technically know Dooku was one either for awhile right?

I have no idea how they didn't realise he was a Sith. The man literally gloats about Sith plans to Obi Wan, wears black and has a red lightsaber, dark side force powers and pops up after Maul was killed. The Jedi were fucking stupid but I guess that was the point.

>The man literally gloats about Sith plans to Obi Wan
Wasn't that under the pretense of stopping said Sith?
>wears black and has a red lightsaber, dark side force powers
In all fairness none of that is necessarily exclusive to the Sith, although it is historically a good indicator. Point being that they knew he was a dark side threat but his identity as Darth Tyrannus wasn't revealed until later.

>Arthurian Legends
>Rival houses
I'm not sure what they think this means, but I don't think I'm going to like it.

>Arthurian Legends
Stories based around King Arthur aka tales of a heroic group of knights against an enemy. Chivalry, honor, white nationalism etc
>Rival houses
War of the roses possibly. Big conflicts between dynasties over a throne

Could be a Jedi skool with hogwarts houses based around saber style and how they use the force. The knight thing is pretty straight forward, less samurai, or Deus Vult.

>Wasn't that under the pretense of stopping said Sith?
He might have been trying to overthrow Sheev to implement his own rule but in the eyes of a Jedi, Sith are Sith and Dooku having intimate knowledge of a Sith Lord in control of the senate should have sent alarm bells ringing. It didn't.
>In all fairness none of that is necessarily exclusive to the Sith, although it is historically a good indicator
Although not a confirmation of Sith membership, this combined with the above, having an apprentice of his own (showing that there was two - even if Asajj wasn't true sith) should have made them consider him being a Sith Lord. Didn't matter if they didn't know his Darth Evil name, but they should have put 1 and 1 together. Especially as he was leading a symbolic war against the Jedi.

Where are the Dinosaurs? I was promised Dinosaurs.

Here you go bro

Attached: Desann.jpg (387x600, 58K)

Remember how Ki-Adi Mundi and Mace Windu shot Padmé's suspicions regarding Dooku down on the basis of him being a former Jedi? Sure, that was before he showed the full extent of his betrayal, but it does show the implicit worth they see in him as a former member of their order. It's easier to think of Dooku as a rogue who followed his own investigation into the Dark side, discovered the Sith plot and in the process succumbed to the Dark side himself than confront the fact that one of their most highly respected members willingly joined their worst enemy.

Basic logical thinking and critical reasoning of course comes to the conclusion that Dooku is a Sith, but this is the Jedi Order we're talking about. Of course they'd be so arrogant and vain that they wouldn't accept Dooku as one until he himself shouted it down from the rooftops.

>I have no idea how they didn't realise he was a Sith.

They did know he was a Sith as of the end of AoTC. They just didn't know his title or his place in the rule of two. For a while they thought he was the Dark Lord of the Sith and that he was Maul's mentor.

>Ki-Adi Mundi
Literally the most arrogant fucker on the council.
>immediately dismisses the return of the sith
>immediately dismisses dooku as bad guy
>immediately accuses ahsoka behind the bombing of the temple
>immediately dismisses yoda who says he spoke to quigon through the force
For such a big brain, he was an idiot.

WHERES THE A R T B O O K

Attached: 1582605040088.jpg (714x1000, 154K)

Maybe, since this era is all books, they can have more weird races, instead of the standard humanoids that most SW races are.

>white nationalism
>in a modern disney product
high republic, high posters

You don't understand, they wrote the D word on a whiteboard.
This betrays their cultural marxism hegemonic nazi feminism ideology.

Tales of the Jedi is not a great read, but it does have a Jedi Master dinosaur. That's worth something.

Attached: Star-Wars---Tales-of-the-Jedi-(1993-1994)-005-(Marvel-Edition)-(2015)-(Digital)-(Kileko-Empire)-020. (1988x3056, 2.21M)

I wish this wasn't unironically true.

I'm hoping for more non human MCs for that same reason

> write reactionary nonsense that means genuinely nothing
> someone agrees
Wait what
Should i start a patreon?

>since this era is all books,
As far as you know. I fully expect live action films and a cartoon series out of this.

There was a wookie in TCW, where the droid said it's very rare for a wookie to be a jedi and that they must be proud of him

Attached: gungi.jpg (1280x720, 142K)

Eventually yeah. It's a whole era and I think they will honestly probably give it the same attention as the other canon eras after the initial project settles down

Nah, they're going to push for humanoid creatures.

Gungi and his lightsaber are so based. I hope he didn't suffer when the clones found him.

>Tales of the Jedi is not a great read
it made up for it in imagination IMO

>I hope he didn't suffer when the clones found him.
That's assuming Vader didn't find him first.

>gungi was one of the younglings killed in the temple
>we will see this in the clone wars
I will cry.

Only semi on topic, but what the fuck were they thinking here?

I can actually excuse a lot of the aesthetic similarities between the OT and the ST, but something about the Resistance reusing the Rebel emblem just makes my blood boil. It's one of the stupidest decisions in the new canon and that's really saying something.
Like, the New Republic ALREADY uses the Rebel emblem with a new backdrop. Even that is pushing it, but I let it slide since the New Republic technically is the Rebels having established a government. However the Resistance is for all intents and purposes a brand new faction. Giving them the exact same fucking logo is boring, void of creativity, and removes the factions individuality.
God. Damn. I could design a better logo with my fucking eyes closed.

/autism

Attached: 1513928411283.png (682x530, 58K)

Nah those kids were much younger than he was. Gungi was already on his way to becoming a padawan

>Stockholing yourself that they might be making a slightly less shit product this time

Attached: 1511805677298.jpg (779x1047, 188K)

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooof

It's best to forget about the sequels user, Disney certainly has.

Cautiously optimistic for now.....but the concept of exploring more people like Taron would be pretty awesome since we probably wont get anymore of Taron himself

Attached: Taron.png (112x196, 44K)

>complaining about dinosaurs
>complaining about feelings

bottom right looks kind of yuzong vong-y

I wonder how long it takes until somebody typos "Nihil" and realizes they shouldn't have chosen a letter so close to "g" on the keyboard.

Don't be an idiot on purpose. Dinosaurs is blatantly retarded, but nobody's complaining about feelings. They're complaining that this broad generalized shit is all that these morons can come up with and that their execution of these ideas will probably be about as non-specific, lackluster and flat out poor as the whiteboard is.

I for one welcome the new Nigil menace.

You know how many fucking kaiju are running around in canon? You know how many fucking dinosaurs there were in Legends?

Attached: ERrx5ncWkAMH4W2.jpg (679x441, 127K)

They were obviously just writing shit on the board as people shouted words. Everyone is getting worked up over nothing

>The Nihil
?

Attached: latest[1].jpg (1770x2690, 488K)

>They were obviously just writing shit on the board as people shouted words.
Right, and that's exactly the problem that I just highlighted.
>Everyone is getting worked up over nothing
This is all they've given us. As far as we know, this is the extent of the creative process. You're right that it's just this side of nothing, but you're absolutely wrong that people shouldn't be upset about that. All indicators point to that being exactly what we'll get. Garbage.

>This is all they've given us.
How about the rest of the video where they talk about how important worldbuilding and storytelling is? You know there was more to it than the one second shot of the whiteboard, right?

>Right, and that's exactly the problem that I just highlighted
Have you ever been in a professional brainstorming setting? Because that's usually how it starts

Tyrannosaurs in X-Wings?

Attached: 620154-calvin2.jpg (595x640, 49K)

god I hate when they just lazily copy a real creature

Yeah, it shows priorities on stupid shit. If I say “What is important in star wars?” and you say “male representation! Hardcore rape!” and then someone writes it, people would be just as upset. Maybe not the same people, but the buzzing would be similar,

>actual endings
>relatable characters
>feelings
They actually wrote this.
Their team is so fucking retarded, and the problems were so opaque to them, that this had to be clarified.
Forget the diversity bullshit, we all knew that would be there, this is the proof that it's fucked before a single line of it was written.

Attached: Gryph.jpg (340x400, 42K)

>mah dude
Go back

I like the idea of isolated Sith doing weird gross shit in the forgotten corners of the Galaxy, and that would fit great in this setting since there isn't an organized Sith presence. It would also feel kind of Arthurian, with your little knights going off to stop the evil wizard and shit.

>Priorities
What makes you think they are prioritizing bulletpoints on a whiteboard over what they actually discuss in the video?

This seems to be a few of the key problems with the Disneywars offerings we've gotten so far. Just make good chracters in stories that are engaging and make you feel something. The fact that this got lost along the way in Disneywars makes me feel like teams should reiterate that this is actually their goal now.

Looks like a dog dick

>Hyperfixates on one word instead of the argument.
Ha hah, you got me.

>chaos agents

Attached: erebus.jpg (1197x992, 354K)

Don’t forget here’s your writers

Attached: 95130ECB-EA28-4EC7-AA9E-F035C65F07A4.jpg (2985x2553, 653K)

Then what even is your argument? What are you even upset about?

Improve your reading comprehension and reread the reply chain. It’s all there.

Looks pretty good to me.

Attached: 1582827644591~2.jpg (1280x720, 137K)

>2014 tweet about Lupita
That casting is always hilarious to me.
Imagine hiring a conventionally attractive black actress that's just starting to get some attention, and then casting her for a glorified cameo as an orange, anus eyed Yoda rip off.

>Hollywood writers are leftists
Wowowow OMG this is going to be such a disaster because of all the leftists. Nothing good has ever come from a person with tweets I disagree with

As someone who lives in the real world, people like that come off as insane.

>>Hollywood writers are leftists
This isn't even remotely true.

>Lupita Nignog
>conventionally attractive black actress
I don't see it.

Attached: 1582843741696.jpg (800x450, 87K)

Literally nothing on that board is a bad idea on its own. It's all about how they execute it. These stories are giving us more insight on sw universe from the time past. They *should* try new things.

>professional writers struggled to write "anti-war"

There is a difference between not pro war and anti war

>They *should* try new things.
Yeah, like the old republic but worse

The fact they have to put down "actual ending" is bad on it's own

The Sith Empire sucks.

>Literally nothing on that board is a bad idea on its own
Are you replying to the wrong thread? It's a laundry list of bad ideas.

Formerly chuck empire

FUCK EREBUS

>I’m sitting in the back of a Skywalker Ranch conference room. It feels like anyone who has anything to do with Star Wars books and comics is here. Some of the biggest Star Wars authors. The Lucasfilm Story Group. The entire publishing team.

>They’re here to create a story and there are no seats left.

>Charles Soule, one of comics’ most acclaimed writers, is standing now. He paces back and forth, a look that falls somewhere between concern and deep thought on his face, while others debate and throw out ideas. There’s some tension in the air.

>He approaches a whiteboard filled with scribbles of Star Wars words that I’m not at liberty to write here. He lays out how he thinks things should go. Cavan Scott, fellow Star Wars author, chimes in. From the back of the room, Pablo Hidalgo of the Lucasfilm Story Group speaks up, building on their ideas. Heads around the table nod, and we’re at a consensus. The tension breaks, replaced with an excited energy of This is really, really good.

>This was the scene last summer, in which Lucasfilm Publishing creative director Michael Siglain led a summit to craft Star Wars: The High Republic, formerly known as Project Luminous — the long-teased, multi-platform publishing initiative that will take Star Wars to brand-new ground. Officially announced earlier this week, the story will take place 200 years before the events of Star Wars: The Phantom Menace, at a time when the Jedi were in their prime. There will be new worlds to explore. There will be new threats to face. It sounds incredible and promises to have ramifications across Star Wars storytelling for years to come.

>To pull it off, Siglain assembled his Avengers, an all-star lineup of Star Wars writers if there ever was one: Soule (Marvel’s Darth Vader, Star Wars, and Poe Dameron), Scott (Dooku: Jedi Lost, Tales from Vader’s Castle), Claudia Gray (Master & Apprentice), Justina Ireland (Lando’s Luck), and Daniel José Older (Last Shot). Following last summer’s summit, StarWars.com sat down Siglain and the entire group to talk about how they’re bringing Star Wars: The High Republic to our galaxy.

>StarWars.com: Mike, you might be the one to speak to this. How did this start? How did this come to be?

>Michael Siglain: This started way back when. This was an idea that I always wanted to do with Star Wars publishing, in that I wanted to tell a massive story, told across multiple formats over multiple years, for every type of fan. So if you’re only reading a Del Rey novel or you’re only reading a Marvel comic, you’re getting one piece of the story. But if you’re a core fan and you’re reading a Del Rey novel and a YA novel and a Marvel comic, you’re getting a much bigger part of the story. You’re getting the whole picture. It’s not as if it’s one story aged down or up depending upon format, there’s not one “A” story. Every one of these stories is the “A” story, and then they combine together into a massive, massive story.

>The origin of this is really a comic book crossover, only instead of one super hero crossing over with another and another, it’s different publishers crossing over with each other, with one story or character leading into another.

>StarWars.com: How did you all find out about it? What was your reaction when you were asked to be part of it?

>Claudia Gray: I think you actually phoned me or sent an email saying, “Let’s set up a call.”

>Justina Ireland: I think it was email. “We need to talk!”

>Claudia Gray: Yeah. And I remember it was a day when I couldn’t be in my house, some kind of home repair was going on. I found the least-crazy restaurant I could find. The only other people were all the way across the thing and I was down low trying to talk. [Laughs] But he explained what we were doing and of course I was super excited. He had kind of mentioned the idea of a greater narrative project before, and I always thought that would be really cool. But to actually know like, “Oh! It’s happening and it’s happening now!” That was great.

>Daniel José Older: I was actually in San Francisco, and I just came by the office for something, and he was like, “Come, step into my office!” And then he closed the door and I was like, “Oh, shhhh…” Like, what is this conversation gonna be? I thought it was going to be good, but I was also like, “Oh, boy.” And then he presented the whole idea, and I was like, “This obviously sounds incredible and this is really exciting to be a part of it.”

I can't imagine forcing myself to write something so melodramatic about a fucking star wars comic meeting

StarWars.com: Had you all known each other before this?

Daniel José Older: Yeah, we met really briefly.

Justina Ireland: San Diego Comic-Con, I met Daniel.

Claudia Gray: Daniel and I live 10 minutes from each other. [Laughs] Everybody else was brand-spanking new.

Michael Siglain: And nobody knew who else was being asked…

Cavan Scott: I was at San Diego Comic-Con, we went to breakfast, and I had a little notebook full of all the things I was going to say to Mike that I wanted to do. I was going in ready for that, and then Mike mentioned it, and I just put my notebook away. [Laughter]

Charles Soule: If we’re doing the origin stories, mine was, I was in New York City, which is where I live, and Mike happened to be there. Earlier that day I had turned down a big project that I was pretty sure I was going to do, and at the last minute I decided, I’m not going to do it. That opened up all of this room in my schedule, and Mike and I had made time to get drinks and hang out. So we were talking, and I’m like, “Oh man, you know, this thing happened and I’ve got all this room, if there’s any cool stuff coming up in Star Wars.” He’s like, “Well…!”

Michael Siglain: It was the perfect setup.

Charles Soule: Yeah, it was amazing, because I was like, man, I kinda wanted to do that thing, but it just wasn’t right. So I said no, and I was like, you say no to something big… But then something bigger came along. And here we were.

Daniel José Older: I think a lot of us have that experience of going in and it being like, “Here’s my pitch, here’s what it’s going to be like,” and what we ended up with was Mike actually pitching to us in a really great way. It was, “Here’s what I want to do, do you want to be on board?” It was very Nick Fury.

>Cavan Scott: Yeah, so we’d all met but we didn’t know — it was literally like saying hello at panels. But there was a long time where none of us knew who the other people were. There was an email that went out with a list of all the names and we all went, “Oh! Good!”

>Charles Soule: So this is our second time here at the Ranch. The first time was last September, and we spent a night at Terra Linda, which is a little town just south of here. We stayed at a hotel together, and we all met in that lobby just for that first drink. And then we went to dinner together, and that was the first time most of us had ever really chatted.

>StarWars.com: What can you say about what you’re working on?

>Claudia Gray: It is about Star Wars.

>Cavan Scott: Yeah.

>Justina Ireland: Yeah.

>Charles Soule: As Mike said before, it’s a gigantic story that touches all different lines of publishing so you can see the scope of it has to be enormous, because think of the types of storytelling that can feed young adult, children’s, comics, novels, all that stuff. What has done that in the past? It’s the movies or TV shows, so it’s something that we’re building that is hopefully on that scope. We’re trying to make it as big as that because it has a lot of story to deliver.

>StarWars.com: [To Charles] Coming from comics, do you feel like you’ve done this kind of thing before?

>Charles Soule: It feels very much like, you know, you’re building the big Marvel summer event or something like that. You have to figure out what the crossovers are and what the minis are and the big, central spine of it.

>Claudia Gray: I don’t think any of us have done a big multi-platform initiative before.

>Charles Soule: Yeah, but that doesn’t necessarily mean anything. Like, everybody has gotten up to speed on this. Everybody is definitely very experienced at it now, right?

>Daniel José Older: I also feel that, on the other hand, what’s really refreshing is that nothing quite like this has ever been done before. There’s a lot of analogues, but this is on another scope, I think, from anything thing we’ve seen even from Star Wars or anything else. That’s really cool.

>My husband whips my ass and cheats on me nightly, but perhaps tomorrow he'll learn to love me and treat me right

StarWars.com: So what has it been like so far in terms of collaborating and formulating stories?

Cavan Scott: We broke stories last time, and then we were all given responsibility to take one of those and develop it. They’ve all fed into this story that we’re creating now. The nice part has been, we had our last retreat here where we came up with all the different stories, and now we’re pulling bits from each and creating a joint story. And that’s the nice thing about it. So much time as writers, I mean, we get in comics and you work with artists. Different scripts and [you work] with actors and the like, but this is different when you’ve got five creative minds. And you’ve got the safety net as well of going, “I can’t get from A to B,” and then someone else will say, “Why don’t we do this?” That suggestion sparks something else between you.

Claudia Gray: It’s really great to have [the Story Group] here because you’re like, “What’s happening to that planet?” and Pablo is immediately is like, “Well, that planet has this race and 2,000 years ago it had that.” It’s so great to have all that wealth of knowledge in the room. They go, “Oh! I know a thing you can use for that.” It really helps. You’re not just going, “Oh, we’ll see what works.”

Attached: star-wars-high-republic-concept-art-phil-noto-0483.jpg (1280x845, 273K)

>Justina Ireland: Yeah. I also think it’s good because nobody wants to do the same story. We’re all coming at this, like, it might be a general big idea, but we’re all taking this idea and splintering it off to these different narrative tracks. So back to what Mike was saying, it’s a big story, it’s a very big story, but you’re going to have a comic that’s going to feel different than the middle grade [book], you’re going to have an adult novel that’s going to feel a little different than a young adult novel. So if there’s something you really passionately want to do within this framework, there’s space for that. Which isn’t necessarily always the way storytelling can feel when there’s a group dynamic. Sometimes it feels like you have to put aside what you want to do for the good of the group, and that’s not the case here.

>Charles Soule: You should tell them about the Slack, because you set it up, right? And named it after yourself?

>Justina Ireland: Yeah! I did not name it after [myself]. It’s the “Jawas Incorporated!”

>Charles Soule: And what are your initials again? [Laughter]

>Justina Ireland: It was because Cav made a comment about the Jawas the last time we were here at the Ranch! And we said, “Oh, we’re like the Jawas. Jawas Incorporated!” Now I wish I was that level of megalomaniac.

>Daniel José Older: That feeds back into what I was going to say, is that having been through this experience once and all of us coming up here and hanging out, learning about each other’s creativity and sense of humor and process, disagreements, everything, first of all, that was really fun. Doing it the second time is also really fun and we have this sense of trust.

>Claudia Gray: I don’t know whether this is important for this or not, but in terms of projects unrelated to this, I was working on Master & Apprentice while Cav was working on the audio play [Dooku: Jedi Lost], and obviously there’s a lot of overlap there because Dooku is Qui-Gon’s master. If we had not connected through that Slack channel… I really feel like the book is a whole lot better from knowing stuff that you were doing. I know that one of my characters wandered off and now is in the radio play, and you write better dialogue for him than I do and how dare you. [Laughter] But it made it so much stronger, being able to share that information and know that the two narratives were really going to click together.

>Michael Siglain: It also made you all stronger as a unit. You’re exactly what this initiative is. You are the Jedi coming together for the greater good.

>Justina Ireland: I thought you were going to say Hey now, we’re all stars, gotta get our game on. Go play. [Laughter]

>Michael Siglain: That too, that too.

>Justina Ireland: Can we say? We’re talking “the High Republic.” We call it High Republic, so it would be before Phantom Menace.

>Michael Siglain: It is an all-new era of storytelling, showing the Jedi at their height — the idea of, “For over 1,000 generations Jedi Knights were the guardians of peace and justice in the Old Republic.” What does that look like? These are their stories.

>We’re going 200 years before The Phantom Menace. We’re seeing the Jedi in the most heroic light possible and really focusing in on what they’re doing. There is a theme of exploration and expansion to the galaxy that’s involved, so looking at it that way, all of these authors are doing the same thing. They’re exploring the same way and seeing, “What can we push, what can we do, how can we make this as big and as epic as possible but still make it 100 percent authentically Star Wars?” That’s the creative challenge and it’s a good one.

>StarWars.com: You’re going into a new era, probably dealing with new characters. Is that especially exciting, to have a blank canvas?

>Cavan Scott: I suppose what it is, it’s freeing in the fact that we’re creating a new canvas. We’re not filling in gaps or leading into something else. We’re creating a space.

>Daniel José Older: I think it’s more exciting in the worldbuilding sense, and a historical sense, because this is such an untapped source of amazing material. And people can’t be like, “But that’s when that happened.” There’s a lot of room to play.

>Charles Soule: That said, though, I would be lying if I didn’t say it is intimidating because you create a new bad guy. It’s immediately measured up against Palpatine, Vader, Kylo, Snoke. So that forces you to deliver at your A game because you’re not competing against, but you’re being measured against the greatest Star Wars creators of the last 40 years, from George Lucas to Tim Zahn to everybody else. It’s an interesting process but it is exciting. It forces us to bring that all-star initiative power.

>StarWars.com: You mentioned the Story Group. What has their function been in all this? Is it just making sure things —

>Daniel José Older: They’re Yoda. [Laughter]

>Charles Soule: No, they’re Jocasta Nu!

>Michael Siglain: They’re equal collaborators, building this story and this overall era. In fact I think it was [Story Group VP] James Waugh who came up with the name, “The High Republic.” Story keeps us on track and makes sure it’s still authentically Star Wars, but they also help us with guardrails in terms of what we can and cannot do if something else is in play elsewhere, because the one thing we don’t want to do is hit on a beat that’s already out there. We want to make sure this feels new and fresh and original, and so they help with that in terms of, “Oh, this is happening over here, so avoid this, this is happening over there.” Or, with some of the specific lore of literally, “Can this species do this, could this character do that?” They’re partners in crime every step of the way. They’re invaluable.

>StarWars.com: I know we can’t go into specifics, but what are you most excited about for fans to know once this is announced?

>Charles Soule: I’m excited for them to know that it exists and it’s the five of us doing it! [Group agrees] Which is so self-serving, but that’s — [Laughter]

>Justina Ireland: I’m glad you said it so I didn’t!

>Charles Soule: We’ve known about this more or less since last summer [2018], so it’s been like, we’re so excited, everybody’s so excited, but we want to share that with the fans because we think they’ll be really excited, too. Even just the High Republic, they’re going to be like, “Oh, oh man!”

>Claudia Gray: I was actually at one con, and this was before Master & Apprentice had even been announced, but I knew both of these things were in there, and just in a Q&A session there were two fans — and they were genuinely concerned and hopeful, but they were worried. They were like, “Why aren’t you writing more? How come you’re not doing that?” We thought, is there some problem, does the fandom need to know? I was like, “I really feel things will be okay. I feel very sure I will be doing this again.” They were being sweet.

>Cavan Scott: [To Charles] Same when Vader finished, didn’t they? And Poe [Dameron]?

>Charles Soule: Yeah!

>Cavan Scott: You were going, “There is more stuff coming, there is a future.”

Attached: high-republic-writers.jpg (750x1000, 216K)

>Claudia Gray: On a more micro level, this is just how I work as a storyteller. The fact that we start to identify a few individuals and a few key emotional moments, that’s the thing that really begins to grab me. It’s like this character, the world that we’re building, I think is so fascinating. But what makes it live is, of course, the people and the big moments.

>Cavan Scott: Yeah. From this summit we’re going to go away and start populating the universe.

>Claudia Gray: That sounds funny! [Laughs]

>Cavan Scott: The five of us! Imagine the children! [Laughter]

>Daniel José Older: Star Wars fans love story and they also love history a lot —

>Justina Ireland: I love history, too!

>Daniel José Older: We all do, right. And this is an opportunity to give them history… We get to get into this historical piece that has been lore for so long, and now we’re going to flesh it out. That’s amazing.

>Justina Ireland: That’s one of things, if you watch, especially the original trilogy, there’s so much that’s never spelled out, like why things are the way they are. But implied. Now we can tell you why some those things are the way they are. We can take some of those breadcrumbs and make it a full loaf.

>Cavan Scott: And also put in more breadcrumbs. That’s the thing.

>Claudia Gray: We have connections within all the elements of this story, and we’re able to build connections to the other parts and other stories that really will tie together a lot in the universe

>Charles Soule: One of the things that’s been really fun about this initiative and particularly the two trips to Skywalker Ranch is that we’ve been able to watch A New Hope and then Empire Strikes Back in George Lucas’s theater here. It’s this incredible art deco, beautiful place. We got to see the best possible version of the movie with the best possible sound and everything. But it speaks to what Cav was just saying in that, and Claudia, where there’s these little moments and these little threads that you can pull on that we can use — like when Yoda talks about something on Dagobah, you’re like, “Oh, well, that can directly inform a Jedi philosophy from back in the time we’re talking about in the High Republic.” It’s the source material. It’s the bibles. Getting to experience those movies here, this way, is amazing.

>Daniel José Older: Especially in the middle of this process of creating what’s going to be the next generation of Star Wars stories, and then going back 40 years and watching what the first generation was, we’re really rooted in that.

>Cavan Scott: I think we’re putting the building blocks for future generations.

>Daniel José Older: Exactly.

>Cavan Scott: We’re setting up stuff here in this part of the galaxy that people in the future will build on and take the story forward. And that’s what Star Wars has always been. It’s a story that started that had a massive past, but it’s moving forward. I think that’s what we’re doing.

>StarWars.com: As writers with your own tastes outside of Star Wars, are there character types or just things you want to see in Star Wars that now you have the opportunity to play with?

>Justina Ireland: I’m going to populate the galaxy with the cutest freaking aliens you can ever imagine.

>StarWars.com: Star Wars needs cute aliens.

>Justina Ireland: It needs more cute aliens. So many furry, little critters with lightsabers… [Laughs] I love cute critters. I love those. I love comedy moments, I love comedy moments in Star Wars. I’m looking forward to have those really rich, funny moments. And then I like horror, and Star Wars and horror have always gone together, so I like that, as well. Cute, fuzzy creatures that are funny and terrifying. [Laughs]

>Daniel José Older: That tear your head off. To that point, I think, Star Wars has always been so good at jumping genres, and there’s just always more to go with that. There are elements of horror, there’s elements of medieval fantasy and epic fantasy, there’s elements of romance, and really having such a wide space to play in means that we can lean into each of those thoroughly instead of just tapping on it here and there. We can really get into it.

>Claudia Gray: That would be one of my favorite things, that we’re each going to get to do very different kinds of work, and different flavors of work. There’s room in this initiative to have children’s stories, adult stories —

>Daniel José Older: It’s not one aesthetic.

>Claudia Gray: — scary stories, books, comics.

>Cavan Scott: Audio drama.

>Charles Soule: It could even go beyond publishing. It can really be everything.

>Claudia Gray: Even stuff that’s sort of humor. There’s room for stuff like that.

>Daniel José Older: Also with Star Wars, there’s always opportunities to have really deep conversations about culture, about history, about the way people move across the world and what that means through power dynamics and spirituality. All of that is inherent to the Star Wars world, so all we have to do is tell a great story in that world, and those elements are always going to be thrown into the pot and conversation with each other.

>Charles Soule: That’s been one of the things that I’ve really loved, is the way that we [collaborate] — like yesterday, we were going to refer to a certain group of characters with a certain piece of terminology, and then a couple of people in the room were like, “Well, that word has some baggage to it… We should get away from that word.” It became a real cultural conversation just as [Daniel] said, as opposed to just conversation about writing some lightsaber stories. And that is why Star Wars is such a great lens to explore, like, everything.

>Daniel José Older: And that’s why this group has been such a great experience.

>Charles Soule: Because we all bring different things.

>Cavan Scott: I’m loving the fact that we’re learning about how each other work, how each other think, how we’re able to challenge each other —

>Daniel José Older: We come from very different places.

>Cavan Scott: Very different places.

>Charles Soule: I mean, Cav comes from Britain! [Laughter]

>Cavan Scott: Yeah, I come from the Empire! I’m very evil.

>And we can play to each other’s strengths, as we’re learning what those strengths are, as well. And as I say, challenge each other to push in directions that, individually, we probably wouldn’t.

>Daniel José Older: And we bring a lot of different creative approaches. Just witnessing everyone’s process has been so fascinating from a creative aspect. And it’s so great because they don’t step on each other’s toes. We have overlap, but everyone brings so many different elements of what they love, and what they’re good at, and what they struggle with to the table. It’s just amazing to see that sort of play out.

>Cavan Scott: It’s been a very honest group.

>Daniel José Older: Very honest. But that’s the trust piece, right?

>Claudia Gray: And also, let’s face it, nerd fighting is fun. It’s just fun.

>StarWars.com: Writing is such a solitary thing, was it weird to —

>Daniel José Older: It’s not!

>StarWars.com: You don’t think so?

>Daniel José Older: I don’t think so, not so much. Not anymore. I think that we had that stereotype of it, but I think with things like the ability to have something like Slack or even social media, it becomes a much more collaborative process automatically, if you want it to. But this is absolutely different than just sitting down and writing a book.

>Michael Siglain: This is very, very collaborative.

>Cavan Scott: This probably couldn’t have happened in the way it’s happening 10 years ago. Because, let’s face it, we’ve got messages popping back and forth over the Atlantic, all across the States —

>Charles Soule: Sending pictures of our dogs!

>Cavan Scott: Yeah, yeah, exactly. But that’s the thing. It’s become fun. We’ve become friends. And that’s really fun. We said right from the beginning that Star Wars is about found family, and I think this is what this becoming, which will inform the story.

>Daniel José Older: Usually when you’re doing a Star Wars thing, you’re going to have in your head, “Okay, I’m kind of playing in someone else’s sandbox.” There’s a certain respect and there’s an understanding that there’s stuff you’re not going to get to do that you want to do. That’s still true, but now I feel like we’re actually creating the sandbox to another level. It’s a very different experience. We understand our parameters, and now we’re going to establish what we can and can’t get away with within those parameters. Which is a totally difference experience. It’s awesome.

>StarWars.com: It seems like [Star Wars: The High Republic] is something so massive in scope. Are you able to step back and see the end of it, and see what it’s going to be like when it’s finished, and what that might feel like?

>Justina Ireland: I think right now we’re too into it to see it. That’s one of the things about writing. You write that first draft, and you’re like, “It’s not quite where I want to be. It needs to be over here.” So you revise, and revise, and revise, and by the time it gets to an actual book, it’s something completely different than what you started with. I think we’re still in that forming — it’s like an amorphous kind of thing. We’ve had that Big Bang moment, where things are starting to coalesce, but for me, it won’t be an actual real, concrete thing until I get to go away and write some stories.

>Claudia Gray: We have an idea of where the overall narrative is going —

>Cavan Scott: We have the direction.

>Claudia Gray: It is a goal point, but we need to get in and find out, what events wind up being the most important? What characters grab the most interest? That’s going to shape more at the end. And you want to both have a place to go, you just don’t want to be wandering aimlessly, but you also want to be free enough to explore and let the idea evolve naturally over time. It’s just going to get richer and better.

>Charles Soule: When this is all over and stuff, I think that will be years from now, and I have a feeling you might come up and talk to us again at the Ranch. Fingers crossed, right?

>But you know, we’re at the start of a road, I can really feel it, and there’s a lot of great stuff to come.

>StarWars.com: Will working on this inform the other Star Wars stories that you’re writing?

>Michael Siglain: It already has!

>Justina Ireland: So many Easter eggs.

>Daniel José Older: Stuff has already popped up. Easter eggs have popped up.

>Cavan Scott: Things are already going in.

>Claudia Gray: Yeah.

>Charles Soule: And things that have drawn from stories that we’ve already told are going to drop in. Star Wars is a shared universe and that means you can take from everything and we will.

>Cavan Scott: And stories that other people are [telling]. Our fellow creators who aren’t involved at the minute in this initiative, we all read Star Wars. We all talk to other creators, we work with the creators, so there is stuff that has been in novels for the last three or four years that we can put in our stuff — a lot of us know the old Star Wars legacies, as well, that we can revisit while doing new things. So there’s a lot of different sources for this.

>Daniel José Older: Like The Battle for Endor.

>Justina Ireland: I’m trying so hard. [Laughs]

>Daniel José Older: I know it doesn’t exist [in canon]

>StarWars.com: The broad plot of the story — did that come from you, Mike, or did you guys hatch it together?

>Michael Siglain: This table. What we did at this first round at the Ranch was have everyone — the authors, Story Group, the publishing team –talk about stories. We spent a couple days just saying, “What do we like about the franchise? What do we love about the franchise? What do we want to see in storytelling? What do we want to see in publishing? What do we read, what do we like, what do we watch?” And then everyone started to pitch different ideas and stories, and we went around and around, and all of those pitches were viewed internally. Everyone dug all of them, and it was decided, “All right, we want to go with this one,” which was one that Cav had come up with, but this is, no offense to you, Cav, this is no longer your story.

>Cavan Scott: The moment it was released it wasn’t, it became our story.

>Michael Siglain: Well, that’s what it is, exactly. Cav may have had the bones of this one, but everyone put the meat on it. We’re pulling from all of those other stories as well to create this one massive, epic story that’s still very authentically Star Wars, but still also very new. Which is exciting.

>StarWars.com: Any final thoughts on this whole thing and what it means to you?

>Justina Ireland: The galaxy’s big enough for everyone.

>Daniel José Older: We’re just having a really good time, and it’s going to show in the work.

>Claudia Gray: It’s going to be exciting to be able to work on something of this scale. Each novel or comic is going to be its own creation. Like I said, there’s room for so many different flavors of stories, and being able to see the macro level and choose where you want to go on a micro level, I find that really, really exciting.

starwars.com/news/star-wars-the-high-republic-interview

Why the fuck did you feel the need to dump every last word of that garbage?

You’re and idiot. Also Lowbacca.

Because I'm tired and autistic

you could go to bed and count sheep instead

Mods get off your sorry asses and b& this spamming nigger

Lmao, welcome to Yea Forums

Thanks for the dump. This actually got me considerably more excited

>Claudia Gray: It’s really great to have [the Story Group] here because you’re like, “What’s happening to that planet?” and Pablo is immediately is like, “Well, that planet has this race and 2,000 years ago it had that.” It’s so great to have all that wealth of knowledge in the room. They go, “Oh! I know a thing you can use for that.” It really helps. You’re not just going, “Oh, we’ll see what works.”

I love Pablo so much. I can't wait for this fucking project

Finally smugglers being treated like villains.

I'll level with you guys. i only ever read 2 star wars comics. one was a collection of r2D2 and c3p0's adventures, and the other was one about a smugglers station and some kind of "pocket" death star inside a meteorite or something like that. this was probably 10 years ago, maybe a little more. I have seen a bit of the newer comics, and i dont really like the art all that much, but can you reccomend me some comics to read about star wars?

Daniel even knows he's terrible, he though he was getting fired.

>But there was a long time where none of us knew who the other people were. There was an email that went out with a list of all the names and we all went, “Oh! Good!”
What did he mean by this?

>Claudia Gray: It’s really great to have [the Story Group] here because you’re like, “What’s happening to that planet?” and Pablo is immediately is like, “Well, that planet has this race and 2,000 years ago it had that.” It’s so great to have all that wealth of knowledge in the room. They go, “Oh! I know a thing you can use for that.” It really helps. You’re not just going, “Oh, we’ll see what works.”
So she's not a fan.

Soules Darth Vader run

Shes a fan and a good wrier, just not an aufist

>It forces us to bring that all-star initiative power.
This soulless corporate speak bullshit is what we have to look forward to. We were too cocky Star Wars bros.

>>Michael Siglain: They’re equal collaborators, building this story and this overall era. In fact I think it was [Story Group VP] James Waugh who came up with the name, “The High Republic.” Story keeps us on track and makes sure it’s still authentically Star Wars, but they also help us with guardrails in terms of what we can and cannot do if something else is in play elsewhere, because the one thing we don’t want to do is hit on a beat that’s already out there. We want to make sure this feels new and fresh and original, and so they help with that in terms of, “Oh, this is happening over here, so avoid this, this is happening over there.” Or, with some of the specific lore of literally, “Can this species do this, could this character do that?” They’re partners in crime every step of the way. They’re invaluable.
So basically none of them are fans and to the point that they need a group to oversee what they're doing because they have no fucking clue.

>>Justina Ireland: It needs more cute aliens. So many furry, little critters with lightsabers… [Laughs] I love cute critters. I love those. I love comedy moments, I love comedy moments in Star Wars. I’m looking forward to have those really rich, funny moments. And then I like horror, and Star Wars and horror have always gone together, so I like that, as well. Cute, fuzzy creatures that are funny and terrifying. [Laughs]

>>Charles Soule: That’s been one of the things that I’ve really loved, is the way that we [collaborate] — like yesterday, we were going to refer to a certain group of characters with a certain piece of terminology, and then a couple of people in the room were like, “Well, that word has some baggage to it… We should get away from that word.” It became a real cultural conversation
What was the word Yea Forums?

>Daniel José Older: Usually when you’re doing a Star Wars thing, you’re going to have in your head, “Okay, I’m kind of playing in someone else’s sandbox.” There’s a certain respect and there’s an understanding that there’s stuff you’re not going to get to do that you want to do.
Usually.

>Star Wars is a shared universe and that means you can take from everything and we will.
Ominous.

>StarWars.com: Any final thoughts on this whole thing and what it means to you?
>Justina Ireland: The galaxy’s big enough for everyone.
Oh, god.

>thinking being a lore autist=being a good writer
plebs

why did people like Traitor, it was so mediocre

Nobody said it makes you a better writer. It makes your lore tighter

It’s so overblown it’s just a few books because NuLucasfilm fucked up so much that they basically can’t really commit to anything that isn’t a guaranteed success

>ST
>Failure

TFA is a 7/10
TLJ is a 6/10
TRoS is a 3/10

PLus combine the fact that TFA made 2 billion dollars and TLJ made 1.3 billion dollars, it was already a success. That 1 billion dollars was people wanting to cap up the trilogy after going through the first two movies.

I don't think you understand failure

Critically, the prequels were a failure since two of them were around 3/10 and 2/10

Financially, Solo was a failure because it was a bomb.

This isn't like a Disney Live Action remake where they make a billion dollars on completely rehashing all their animated movies into live action but WORSE.

Attached: kylo_ren_by_mistermat05_daqmel4-pre.jpg (1192x670, 61K)

>Charles Soule: It could even go beyond publishing. It can really be everything.

Of course he’d say that buts he’s just a writer not an actual exec who calls the shots

Yeah it's implied that loonngg ago early in the time of the Baneite Sith they had a run in with the Jedi and they found out about The Rule of Two from that.. the fact that the Jedi thought the Sith were truly extinct after that implies they well killed that Sith.

C O P E

tlj 6/10...

man, id love to have your rose tinted glasses.

sounds like the perfect recipe for disater

>The Nihil - shitty looking degenerates that dont look dangerous

>Smugglers - never was the serious danger

>Ancient Evil Entities - some out of my ass danger never existed in GL's SW

Sounds like shit villain which destroys the suspense and tension.

Why do they need 20 people to think tank this? Star Wars was the guiding vision of one man with the occasional help to reign in his autism. It's going to be an awful amalgamation of half-baked ideas and clashing themes.

That’s kinda been the problem with the Disney Era too many cooks in the kitchen and almost all of them are terrible. It literally never occurred to anyone at Disney that something like Star Wars works best with a few good people leading the stories all we have is Kennedy who could not manage a cohesive trilogy without making everything a clusterfuck with several different writers and directors who all disagree with one another on literally anything not to mention should couldn’t even bother to make a solid plan for any of it

>Why do they need 20 people to think tank this? Star Wars was the guiding vision of one man with the occasional help to reign in his autism.
Star Wars in general was, but the EU was not.

>Disney will die in your lifetime
Interesting.

>launching a multimedia project without a video game/tv show
but why though

Attached: 1567938026744.png (465x395, 126K)

you wouldn't, as they are obliviously covered in shit.

No confidence

You want the honest answer? Because comics are cheap, books are cheap, and they're using the sales figures of said comics and books to guide their decisions for Phase 2,
>Oh, was this character popular? Give them a cartoon!
>Was this character well-reviewed but sold poorly? Bah, add them as a major character in the aforementioned cartoon

Trying to replicate the old EU maybe? There were tons of random books before.

Attached: penny.jpg (3896x1952, 2.03M)

>How about the rest of the video where they talk about how important worldbuilding and storytelling is?

You mean the thing that's so obvious that it should be taken as a granted but these morons need it to actually be spelled out for them?

Attached: Zaynejim.jpg (393x721, 88K)

>Implying they aren't planning on a video game/tv show
The leaks that said the Project Luminous was going to be High Republic, also said they're making a video game to go along with it in 2021.

Isn't claudia the one who wrote a book about a handsome blonde boy getting it on with a delicious brown imp girl?

>You mean the thing that's so obvious that it should be taken as a granted but these morons need it to actually be spelled out for them?
Are you talking about the writers or yourself?

Sandpeople?

Yes, also he is physically superior to her and provides emotional support.
Lost Stars was a kino series

Told you, OP. posts need that attention grabbing image or your thread was never going to go anywhere

She's an aging millenial, her mind is long gone

Andrew Wilson is not interested in star wars licence, EA cancels sw projects every year.

You can just use Tuskan Raiders. Which sound like a shitty football team.

>splinter group force users
>rival houses
They just want GoT in Space. Fuck these faggots.

Attached: 20190309184524_1.jpg (1223x1190, 115K)

Tusken Raider is a pejorative, user. What, are you saying they ALL raid Tusken? They actually PREFER to be called sandpeople.

>I do, it could be good.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.

Attached: Jonah Orion DoWII.jpg (480x360, 12K)

Thx

Where's the inevitable Filoni show

He's supposedly doing a rebels sequel

>It's a comic book about the Jedi playing wack-a-mole with a bunch of seemingly sith
>we found a sith
>nope
>we found a sith and its master!
>nope

Did you make that up?

it was real in my mind

The fact that they have to put basic writing concepts on a whiteboard instead of intrinsically knowing "this is what we should do" is a massive red flag.

In the interview they said they were just throwing out what they enjoy about star wars and what they would like to see. They aren't reminders or some shit

I'm not saying they're reminders. I'm saying they shouldn't be on the board because they're concepts intrinsic to good writing. If the people in that room actually had skill, they'd be brainstorming out story direction, not listing basic concepts they should all be aware of as part of the writing team for a billion dollar franchise.

>Someone shouts out "droids"
>"Actually I'm not going to write droids on the board because it's too obvious"

You are retarded. That's not how writers rooms work

Yes, but what about the Droid attack on the Wookies?

Should write "dialogues" and "scenes" too while they're at it

Ki-Adi Mundi, by diverting attention to the wookies, leads to a chain of events where Yoda volunteers himself to go to Kashyyk. If Anakin went to Yoda about Sheev instead of Mace, things would have ended up differently. Moral of the story is that it's all Mundi's fault.

Did anyone catch what full motto of the nile was?

It's in the trailer

And there's the fucking problem. You ask anyone on the street, you know like their proposed audience, what they want to see in Star Wars.

Are you gonna get "diversity", "rival houses", any of that shit? No. It's Berkeley art grads channeling their ultra left professors in to every medium they touch

If I asked people in the street what they might want to see from a new era, id find rival houses a satisfying answer.

And if I asked what they enjoy about star wars, diversity wouldn't be as uncommon as you think

Gamora?

>Trying to replicate the old EU
the old EU had the Shadows of the Empire game, and made Mara Jade the protag of a Jedi Knight expansion

How's your gender studies degree working out for you?

>reddit spacing
>utter lack of taste
checks out

You really ran out of arguments that fast?

I could listen to Desann all day. That baritone was oddly charming, despite him attempting to kill you.

I'm not the guy you were going back and forth with, I just saw your onions opinion and addressed it.

>And if I asked what they enjoy about star wars, diversity wouldn't be as uncommon as you think
It'd be even more uncommon

Wouldn't get invested, user.

>They just want GoT in Space.
With dinosaurs and diversity.

Believe it or not, there are fans that AREN'T incels from Yea Forums

New saga inevitably is going to take place in this era

can't wait for the continued surge of people complaining that they have to read books to understand the movies since it's an entirely new era again like the ST

So funny to think that just half a decade ago the narrative was "THE NEW CANON IS POINTLESS BECAUSE THEY DON'T MATTER TO THE MOVIES! and now it's flipped 180 degrees

Yep. Now the movies are the supplemental material and the books and cartoons are the leading medium.

Attached: 1544633654733.jpg (670x800, 63K)

And there were dozens of other literal wEU characters that never appeared outside of their novels.

The Boba Fett minis
Star Wars AKA Star Wars: Republic (1998)
Episode I: Anakin Skywalker, Queen Amidala
SW Tales 1-10
Darth Maul, Darth Maul: Death Sentence
SW: Empire
Purge: Last Stand of the Jedi and Seconds to Die
Knights of the Old Republic and KotOR: War
Legacy (2006)
Legacy: War
The Knight Errant minis
Agent of the Empire
Jedi: the Dark Side
SW (2013)
Legacy (2013)
Rebel Heist
The Jabba Tape
The Bounty Hunters
Heart of Fire
Jango fett
Zam Wesell
A Valentine's Story
Shaak Ti
General Grievous

Making people read a bunch of YA novels to follow what's going on is fucking bullshit.

Blame JJ for cutting all of the worldbuilding out of episode 7

You know the old tier system for canon worked pretty well for 40 years considering Disney couldn’t keep their canon straight for less than 5 years

Even putting aside the obvious writing shit it still feels like they got a bunch of people who are out of touch, only know the material from a distance and re just tossing out memes of what they think is TEH AWESOME.

It actually worked horribly because nobody wants to have to worry about what tier the book they are reading is

>Disney couldn’t keep their canon straight for less than 5 years
Got any examples?

For someone who claims the love the franchise JJ couldn’t even bother doing basic glances at Wikipedia to keep the lore consistent, not even the lore he started when he rehashed a new hope

The entire situation with Poe being retconned into being a spice smugglers despite it not making any sense with the established lore the clusterfuck that each is the sequels heavily retcons the previous movies

>You know the old tier system for canon worked pretty well for 40 years
No, because it never worked and was always awful and confusing.
>Disney couldn’t keep their canon straight for less than 5 years
Current Star Wars is actually easy to follow. The EU was an inconstant mess.

pablo fit it in with what we know about poe in the visual dictionary for TROS

His lore was consistent, but REDICULOUSLY fucking shallow. Especially in episode 7.

He literally wrote and shot scenes for episode 7 that explains who the First Order is, along with the difference between the New Republic and Resistance is, but he fucking cut them and it all had to end up in Bloodlines.

Then in fucking 9 he wrote dialog that explains how Palpatine came back and cut THAT because it "wasn't important to the plot". Now we get to wait for the god damn novelization for answers.
He literally has no grasp of the fact that Star Wars is built on it's lore. You can't just not explain basic backstory.

Well, first off the backstory Poe is given in TROS completely contradicts the one given to him in the comics, which doesn't leave any room for him to have a criminal past. There's also the fact that Poe and Finn are surprised by Jet Troopers, despite the fact that Poe saw them in action several times in the comic and Finn would have at least been aware of them, something John Boyega even made fun of.

There's also Kylo Ren, since TLJ and TFA make it rather clear he killed the students at Luke's temple, yet in the new comics they go out of their way to make him a good little boy who didn't do nothing wrong. TLJ also implies that the Knights of Ren are the students that sided with him and he took them with him, but now it's been retconned that the KoR were a totally different group somehow connected to Palpatine that were around before Ben went bad and those students he took with him just don't exist anymore.

In TLJ Chewbacca decides not to eat the Porg he killed, thus wasting its life, all because a Porg looked at him with sad eyes, but in Solo it's established that he fucking ATE PEOPLE who probably died begging for their lives, and it was established in TCW/RotS that he understood basic back then. So yeah, they make Chewie look like a monster.

I do user. He is was and always will be a fucking hack of the lowest order.

I love Star Wars, but I hate the Force.

That's explained away with a handwave. I agree that it's stupid, but I blame JJ for his lack of cooperation, not the actual storygroup who actually did a solid job fixing it. He's got room for his spice running AND his involvement in the republic.

>Poe and Finn are surprised by Jet Troopers
I'll give you this one, but a simple quip isn't a huge continuity problem. I'd even debate everyone but Finn (the first person to say it) was just playing along. Especially Poe who clearly says it in confirmation, not question

>TLJ and TFA make it rather clear he killed the students at Luke's temple
Well we know he killed at least one student, and the line on TFA was from a biased perspective who couldn't have known the truth.

>TLJ also implies that the Knights of Ren are the students that sided with him and he took them with him
Implications don't equate to continuity errors. They can imply whatever they want

>in Solo it's established that he fucking ATE PEOPLE who probably died begging for their lives
Well sure but he was also starving to death

I love democracy. I love the Republic

Pick one.

The bad guys will be.
>The Feds
>The Cartels
>That one asshole who always cuts his batch with flour!

Attached: The high republic.jpg (720x1008, 80K)

>Implications don't equate to continuity errors. They can imply whatever they want
No, but it's a noticeable retcon either way.

Gotta say, i was pretty disappointed in the way how Exar Kun fell to the dark side.

Attached: Exar Kuns iron will.png (238x437, 166K)

I’m jus sayin I wouldn’t mind a diverse cast that includes cool alien species

Will any of them be even remotely sexy?

In this day and age?

Attached: LOLOLOLOL.jpg (363x310, 33K)

stockholm syndrome

Yes.

Attached: High-Republic-Marvel-Comic-Cover.jpg (651x1000, 156K)

They both need a shirt they look so dumb I hate it. You can’t have all that busy shit and also abs

Meh. You hate everything so how much is your opinion really worth

This is a stupid joke but it made me laugh. Thank you user.

I’m actually amazed JJ managed to convince anyone he wasn’t a slightly above average but still shit hack, you’d think he’d hold nothing back for Star Wars but he just doubled down on his usual stuff and panicked when people started calling him out on it and by TROS it was all fucked

Nordic :)

He's an idiot

>For someone who claims the love the franchise JJ couldn’t even bother doing basic glances at Wikipedia to keep the lore consistent

JJ doesn't love the franchise. He just likes A New Hope. He doesn't give a shit about anything else concerning Star Wars.

Thank fucking god. The films were 100% always the worst part of Star Wars. Fuck you casuals, this isn't the franchise for you. They tried catering to you with the ST and it was pure shit.

Attached: 32876-1532336922.jpg (640x356, 31K)

Can someone weedify this? Maybe smoke coming out of their pipes?

This but unironically.

Don't get me wrong, I love the movies, but as I dived further and further into the franchise it became obvious that they function much better as stage setters for the events that suround them. I'm more excited for the High Republic than I have been for any of the movies since 7

>The films were 100% always the worst part of Star Wars.
Here we have ourselves someone that's in love with being wrong.

>t. casual

>t. Captain Shit-Taste

>Double perc on the 2 bladed saber
It's the little things

OH NO! You might actually feel real emotion! OR WORSE see a BLACK MAN or an ASIAN WOMEN. Calm the fuck down.

Attached: 1580014682900.jpg (362x296, 20K)

user Id take a black or mixed race ass over a white one any day but when you have a group filled with middle age white women and other diversity hires spouting representation like their filling a quota then it just scream misplaced priorities

It's not a multimedia project, it's a publishing project. Learn to read.

I'm not really feeling the Nihil. When was the last time brainless punk barbarian style villain faction had any significance in media? They are clearly going to be a side show later on.

>It's not a multimedia project

It's en entire unexplored era in Star Wars. You can bet your ass they're gonna take the opportunity to make live action films, vidya and cartoons in that era. They have no time-window limit beyond what they set themselves.

The only time you'll hear people mentioning diversity in SW in a favourable context is in toy discussions and refering to alien designs.

"You really ran out of arguments that fast?"

My argument is that way more people care about the diversity than the Yea Forums echochamber would make you think

It has been officially presented as a publishing project and nothing more so far. The future is uncertain. It was said that SW was gonna have at least one movie every year and lots of anthology movies and look what happened.

They said in their interview they are looking forward to different projects coming out of their era even after the event ends

And my point is that you condemn a behaviour and then do it yourself. Some guy mocks you? "You have no argument". Some guy questions you? "Hurr incel".
And nobody gives a fuck about diversity. Not the chinese who walked out of SW movies because they found the actors ugly, and not the euros who never buy toys of black people be it Star Wars, GI Joe, Fortnite or Marvel.
If people cared about diversity then it'd sell.

Finally, the perfect excuse to use this image.

Attached: w2h2iPGHs1rg4myfo1_500.jpg (500x566, 31K)

And that's false, it's quite the opposite.

>You might actually feel real emotion!
Like disgust, or revulsion.

That wasn't me. Keep going off though if it helps you let out energy

>Star Wars The High Republic will have 3 villain factions:
>>The Nihil
>>Smugglers
>>Ancient Evil Entities
>Right? That's what rumours said...

what i see so far:

many twitch account owners, who cant draw for shit are trying to establish own designs by attention whoring around the social medias. none of those "designers" have any idea what they are talking about. the comments are on the level "ohh look! they are trying to kill the undead again" shit. and the fucking jews of Disney sheering and paying INTERNET BOTS to spread the plague shit around internet..

oh! and they whole cannon is literally deep down when everything is "diversity" shit..

Attached: 30c.jpg (782x782, 152K)

that fuck cant draw. also he should stop taking pills.

>Ian McCaig
>can't draw
of all the shit to complain about here you're really going to pick on him

Attached: 6a00e54fcf7385883401b7c8e04ccc970b.jpg (975x700, 463K)

>pick on him

what the fuck are you talking about? he cant draw! motherfucker! go fuck yourself! fucking edgy fan boy..

Attached: cryingjews2.jpg (512x340, 71K)

>edgy senpai boy
wat
Anyway, care to elaborate on what technical aspects of his art you find lacking?

Attached: queen-amidala001jpgjpegjpeg.jpeg.jpg (2000x3043, 652K)

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?!

the fuck cant into proportions. he fails at shading. the anatomy is wrong. just because his jewish dada got him fucking job doesnt mean he is fucking great. all his "drawings" are not even fucking basic level shit.

>the fuck cant into proportions
Plenty of great artists stylize aspects of the body.
>he fails at shading
>the anatomy is wrong
>just because his jewish dada got him fucking job doesnt mean he is fucking great
>all his "drawings" are not even fucking basic level shit.
Right.

Attached: Dm6O752U4AEx9cT.jpg (697x1060, 167K)

>Plenty of great artists stylize aspects of the body.

as i said go fuck yourself.. fucking edgy fan boy..

I'm not a fanboy and the only one acting edgy here is you. Feel free to post examples of good art though.

Attached: IMG_20200221_214443.jpg (679x553, 28K)

>Star Wars
>Not pro war

It's literally in the name, and it's how all the problems get solved.

lots b/c you can't tell one person apart in anonymity?

What's with women and Harry Potter........

Not gonna lie, kinda digging the pure white/cream colored robes the Jedi have in this era. Really projects a sort of paladin-esque defender of the weak vibe

>Harry Potter but with Jedi

We already had that series and it was great. Tenel Ka forever in my heart

Attached: latest[1].jpg (600x1000, 513K)

The diversity is worth it for giving us this perfect Arian goddess

There's two light sources, that's basic bitch shit dude.

Prophecy: It'd going to suck and The Mando will remain the sole good thing to come out of Disney Star Wars.

Attached: EP7_FiTWkAAXZBy.jpg (982x1200, 315K)

Holy shit stop responding to bait already. I can't keep watching this

>There's two light sources
And?

Just on xer face.

I wish I could say you're wrong, but I'm not the lying type.

Attached: 1577789512736.jpg (2048x1024, 537K)

Racist

I beg of you. Please stop responding to bait. It's painful.

>We don't want diversity and strong female characters, we want shows like The Mandalorian!

>xer

thats ep 1 concept art for anakin

I saw an interview where Gina Carano appeared on Conan towards I think the start of her acting career and she was just so adorably awkward.

It would be easier to make the case if there weren't so many genuine retards blaming women and minorities for shitty media instead of recognizing the actual problem of placing box checking before plot writing or general recognition that 90% of any medium is crap. Or if media creators were willing to recognize their own flaws instead of highlighting edgelords and saying "look, this is ALL of the people that disagree with us, so we can ignore them!"

it's against a limitless military industrial complex and unaccountable leaders like Palpatine, Vader, Nixon. I don't think George would have had Mon mothma disarm the new republic to cuck levels or have them get wiped out in one attack. Leia wouldn't have gotten kicked out of the senate.

Mando was good but I honestly can see Disney fucking it up come season 2 or 3 by meddling because it's the one successful thing they have

Attached: 1582895997900.jpg (730x715, 45K)

""""""""""humor""""""""""""

Attached: NewDismalCaiman-size_restricted.gif (333x250, 2.29M)

Am I too late to make a weed joke?

gay
LFL can't write for shit
Old Republic Era is golden compared to this trash

I only care about the Sith fuck these new boring factions

Attached: images (1).jpg (197x255, 10K)

that doesn't look evil
looks like an alien, what does LFL mean by this
Sel'makor is evil
Valkorian is evil
Many things in SW are evil
there are just boring aliens

Only hatewatchers, nobody is stupid enough t---
shill harder

>"Hell yeah, I'm hype now."

Attached: IMG_20200210_105713.jpg (1520x720, 91K)

because pablo and the rest of the booklickers at LFL can only ripoff the Old Republic era and make it worse

The season we written back to back with 2 filming while 1 aired. I'm sure it will be fine

Was written*

MCU sabotaged themselves by not capitalizing more on Netflix/TV shows. Feige is a fucking retard.

Iger was a coward for 4 years and never fired Kennedy, even if he stayed he would have remained a limpdick

Ripping off King Arthur instead of making something truly original, nice

Which was why I added 3 because I couldn't remember whether or not 1/2 were filmed back to back but I genuinely don't have faith Disney won't fuck with Favreau

So ripping off the premise of Knight Errant but worse

Apparently Fav and Fill are the only ones working on it and KK has literally been banned from the set

So what you're saying is Tencent will be buying out Disney in the next 5-10 years

Attached: 1576800999015.jpg (407x445, 30K)

You can't ban your studios president from the set. That makes no sense

Yeah, there's no way they can do that unless she just voluntarily said she'd leave them be and someone took it the wrong way. Gotta see a sauce on that one.

I was thinking Harry Potter

that too the more i thought about it.

Nothing at current Lucasfilm makes any sense especially with the Mouse stepping in hard during and after TROS production and Iger was making the companies future pretty clear every time Kennedy made a statement plus he’s still in power at least for another year as creative head while Chapek takes his place

You're an idiot, my guy

>rival houses
Why do soi people like segregation and clans so much?

Harry Potter and Romeo and Juliet have a big impact on the young people

asking the real questions

Literally just saying current Lucasfilm is a complete clusterfuck and the higher ups at Disney can’t have another fuck up them executives so their exercising authority over Kennedy this type of shit has literally happened with Disney already remember Iger and Fiege pulling a fast one on Ike Perlmutter and the Marvel TV division with Fiege personally stepping in to oversee marvel comics

I don't think giving one autist like Feige more power is a good thing, my guy. Especially after this shitshow of post endgame works

I agree user but unfortunately I imagine Fiege has a serious amount of pool thanks to the MCUs success and he’s already talked about being a Star Wars fan, plus even if Kennedy regime wasn’t a massive disappointment she’s getting pretty old

user How has post Endgame been in any ways a shitshow?

BRING HIM BACK COWARDS

Attached: 43rz3tba3nv01 (2).png (1280x682, 345K)

t. filtered by Mundi

that would be actually nice so no.

this is gonna be WAA NIHILISM IS BAD GUYS!

Spartacus was based in that game

How about no

Thing being that Cara Dune is almost an anomaly when it comes to the way strong female character are portrayed
>her gender doesn't matter and is never brought up
>they cast someone who actually looks like a warrior instead of a noodle-armed waif
>she's not completely OP and has moments where it seems like she's in actual danger

It's not that women who can believably be a total badass and fuck your shit up don't exist. It's just that Hollywood stubbornly refuses to cast them (unless it's Charlize Theron).
Otherwise Gina would be a much bigger deal.

As for diversity: Anyone who could possibly complain about Carl Weathers or Giancarlo Esposito in Star Wars needs to fuck off and never return.

Attached: EDsf_IgXoAY7yjE.jpg (1336x739, 203K)

May I bitch that the existence of “The Mandalorian” and the retardation of “Solo: a Star
Wars Story” has pretty much killed all hope that I will get a Boba Fett game, show, or movie? They already cancelled his game and his movie, did they really have to create a knock-off tv show?

Sorry dude, I never engaged with Boba Fett much outside of the movies. And in those he comes off as kind of a joke ultimately. To the point where I'm baffled that he's such a big deal in the EU.

Din Djarin is his own character and in my opinion a better one.

They would butcher him.
Better he stays dead than for him to be brought back, only to be sacrificed on the altar of inclusivity.

The prequels already butchered Boba Fett, if not RotJ.

Bobba's a faggot for casual shitters anyways.

Attached: Cassusfetthead.jpg (531x518, 80K)

>it made up for it in imagination IMO
Maybe, but a lot of it seems somewhat detached from what makes Star Wars compelling. All the Dark Side stuff is frequently reduced to basic evil wizardry; the moral and spiritual side (which is what the Dark Side was always actually about) is somewhat de-emphasized. When the art is clicking there's a lot of cool imagery and ideas at work, but it often feels like a generic action-adventure series.

Who do you think is going to enforce this? Chapek?

Attached: 1574911548475.jpg (858x781, 630K)

>May I bitch that the existence of “The Mandalorian” and the retardation of “Solo: a Star
>Wars Story” has pretty much killed all hope that I will get a Boba Fett game, show, or movie?
No, because Boba Fett's a fucking jobber that could never carry a story on his own.

You're not wrong, but he really does need to belong in and stay in pulp comics, nothing more elevated than that. TCW helped flesh him out a bit more but he really is too shallow a character to helm a show or film with at center stage.

Attached: 1577489311800.jpg (500x391, 74K)

>but he really is too shallow a character to helm a show or film with at center stage.
I don't think that's true. He's too shallow a character to be the center of a character-driven story, but not all stories have to revolve around the psychology of their protagonist.

He barely has a psychology.

Attached: 1436413858477.jpg (1238x454, 199K)

Which I don't think is much of a problem.

He will after his role in Mando S2

>Tenel Ka
Excellent taste

When does the High Republic take place?

200 years before TPM.

The stories we are about to get are 200 years before tpm but the era itself likely starts about 800 before that

Keep dreaming.

Attached: 1577418667159.jpg (1125x634, 141K)

Those were his beeps in episode 5 friend, and a season-long conflict between him and Mando about what it means to be a Mandalorian would be kino and everyone knows it.

The lowest form of cheap storytelling is asspulling to invoke memberberries for delusional fans. And Boba Fett is not a Mandalorian.

Attached: 1499814415366.jpg (789x1044, 132K)

You can do it tastefully. Baby Yeed is just as much of a memberberry but nobody even noticed because it was handled so well.
>And Boba Fett is not a Mandalorian.
Exactly. That's why his dynamic with Mando could be so interesting.

The fewer blatant callbacks, the better. Bad enough they couldn't manage to stay away from Tatooine for even one season.

Attached: 1573612013907.jpg (500x486, 54K)

They clearly went to Tatooine just to set up Boba

>Those were his beeps in episode 5 friend
How? Assuming he did survive the Sarlacc, how could those beeps specifically mean him? Were those beeps not because of his gear or does he breathe in beeps?

The only time we ever hear those beeps are during his scene in ANH

You think that's a coincidence?

Really hope the art book comes out sooner rather than later. If these characters and locations have definitive looks to them designed for the book, I want to know what they should look like before making it up for myself

Attached: star-wars-high-republic-tall-c.jpg (1536x864, 310K)

Like that motherfucker would hang out there for half a decade after Jabba's death? Grow up, honey, it's not going to happen.

>You think that's a coincidence?
Maybe, but if not then it still doesn't necessarily mean it's him because those beeps came off his armor, which WE KNOW was stripped off of him and sold off by Jawas. So if it's anyone, it's probably the guy who bought all of his gear.

>because it was handled so well
No, it wasn't. That was the most blatant and hamfisted ploy to make a mediocre show memorable that you've ever seen and you know it.

Thats actually a good point

>Palpatine was a clone in TROS according to the novelization
I don't like it. How did he have a son then? Was this always his plan if he died at Endor?

Attached: 1582995051992.jpg (616x453, 41K)

Like I said in the Yea Forums thread, I really would have preferred if this was his original murdered body, but still being inhabited by his soul using sith magic. Mildly disappointed because I really liked the idea of a full on zombie emperor.

I guess I'll take it, but it feels like something written after the fact, which is frustrating because we know for a fact it was confirmed that whatever his cut origin was was JJs idea

his son looked around or older than 25, so he probably had him in secret just before ROTJ

OK, here is Ben Solo fate

Attached: 1vmmfgv4wtj41.jpg (651x1158, 106K)

Reylo is canon

Attached: ba9wut9tttj41.jpg (720x720, 80K)

>I'll always be with you
>No ones ever really gone

FUCKING CHRIST JJ WHY DO YOU ALWAYS FUCKING CUT GOOD SHIT OUT OF THE MOVIES

that's not good at all

>Dinosaurs
Nice
>>Diversity twice
Don't care
>representation
Nice.
>>Feelings
I like my stories to move me. Do you like reading emotionless bunk?

Attached: Stop teasing Victory Gundam.jpg (540x304, 33K)

Yes it is. If they really needed to kill Kylo at the end, the least they could have done is give him a bit more closer like this

Truth be told, she still needs some coaching to reach Batista levels of actually acting. But I love her and I hope she's in every season. Hell, I'd like spin-off stuff with Cara Dune, if I weren't worried about how the Mouse would fuck her up.

Attached: ELtNATiUUAAcMEJ.jpg (589x900, 114K)

>sentences that average about five words each
>all these overused cliches
Fuck me, this writing is fanfic-tier.

I think Solo and Fett both have a similar problem that limits their role in Live Action, but what becomes a huge asset for something like a video game or a tv show.

They have very “secondary character” lives. The focus of the story should rarely be about them, but more about what they are doing that day. Han and Boba both have very limited possibilities when it comes to story arcs, but they would work great in more “story of the week” show or a video game where their limited character traits allow players to just self insert easier.

>a Cthulhu-esque dark side cult that wants to bring back Darth Nihilus
Fuck.
I know it’s never gonna happen, but goddamn do I wish it did.

Attached: 0FF9D7FE-92FF-4319-A10B-9903EDCDD8D1.jpg (819x894, 71K)

user, if Sheev's son had been born after Endor (5ABY) he'd have to have fathered Rey (Born 15ABY) aged less than 10yo. He has to have been born considerably earlier than that, while Sheev was Emperor.

She cute

Hard to say really Chapek is still answering to Iger for now and really they don’t have to fire Kennedy just wait her out for a few months or pressure her into retirement but since Igers got nothing to lose he really could just drop her

Looks good to me

Attached: 1583004304305.png (1280x720, 732K)

Not pro war should be green

are these threads good or is it people reeeing over the white board still

literally two posts above yours

Anyone who thinks SW is pro-war is fucking retarded. Lucas has said he based the conflict of the OT on his opposition to the Vietnam war and the PT is about the dangers of a permanent war footing leading society into the hands of a dictator.

i didn't know if that was an outlier or not

Congratulations on your transition!

Transition from cringe to based? Thank you. Hopefully yours will come soon enough

because the jedi were around when bane was so they'd preserve knowledge of the rule of two as a precaution

>tfw Dark Empire did it better

Attached: 1582086956632.jpg (287x185, 25K)

Oh god no. Please tell me you aren't actually defending that trash

Deal with it, faggot

Until you get to Golden Age of the Sith
WAY TOO FUCKING BASED FOR ZOOMERS

Attached: Swgastpb.jpg (512x800, 424K)

Always liked the high fantasy conan-esque aesthetic in the 90s EU. Felt less standardised.

Attached: 034A1105-085A-42A3-A672-4D61CBD69EDF.jpg (1317x2000, 1.19M)

I was like 11 when this came out and already deep into the novels, Jedi vs Sith 5000 years ago in Space Babylon blew my fucking mind. NJO made me stop caring about the franchise.

I've always thought that Jedi should actually have armor during the old days. Not the sleek stuff you see in SWTOR, but really bulky armor, inspired by Samurai and Knights. Maybe we'll get to see that, which'd be fun.

Attached: colorful-medieval-lance-cavalry-wallpaper-preview.jpg (728x410, 81K)

it's only 200 years before TPM. the "right" time period for that to happen would have to be farther back than that

>just finished Queens Shadow

So this is definitely Sabe, right?

Attached: JAN201029.jpg (369x560, 24K)

Ezra Bridger is Snoke

>armor during the old days
>inspired by Samurai and Knights
George agreed with you.

Attached: big_guy.png (2711x1698, 2.29M)

Tales of the Jedi is many things, but well-written isn't one of them.
>Until you get to Golden Age of the Sith
No it's still pretty shit.

I liked that design a lot more than the EU's.

The good ol days

If you really are going to go down the original sin route you might as well go all the way.
Boba Fett's first appearance was in the Star Wars Holiday Special. A piece of media which, to this day, George Lucas denounces as one of the biggest mistakes in his career.

youtube.com/watch?v=UC2Q6ANLXQ0&feature=emb_logo

I really hope we get that aesthetic. Maybe not during the High Republic since it's a time of piece, but when the Old Republic era comes around I have a feeling they are going to change things up quite a bit

Holiday Special is indeed terrible, but it's also removed from everything else.

It's great. Paying homage to the Samurai movies that inspired SW and giving some historical background to Vader's suit.

Attached: DMVzcaOXUAAofuV.jpg (1200x713, 76K)

I though the Ullic Qel Droma Redemption arc wasn't too bad.

>inspired by Samurai
Ancient chinese soldiers. Ain't no hint of Samurai on Bane's design.

Attached: o7b3dzxCg41rtnik0o1_1280.png (651x965, 990K)

Wat. How the fuck do you think Bane's armour looks more like that than it does this? It's also incredibly common knowledge Lucas took inspiration from Samurai media for the first SW movie.

Attached: MA_I006131_TePapa_Samurai-armour-Sendaido_preview.jpg (665x1000, 90K)

I want a longform show about Luke's Jedi Temple already

Attached: rise-of-kylo-ren-2-page-5~2.jpg (659x627, 168K)

wake me up when there’s a good Star Wars MMORPG

I haven't read the comics, what happened to all the padawans when Kylo went full edgelord?

There isn't a ton of info on it yet, but we know at least part of the temple was destroyed by lightening. Likely Sheeves doing but some people speculate it was Ben without realizing it

Attached: kylo-3-2.jpg (738x494, 80K)

You've been awake since December 2011

What the fuck is SCORPIO doing here?

Neat

I wish

its really fucking trashy

Didn't some join Kylo and became the Knights of Ren?

swtor is good

...to watch the 2 hours of story on youtube each expansion

No. They are going full retcon with Ben. The knights of Ren are a generic dark side cult.

That just sounds terrible. Almost as bad as the series name itself.

>University
What? They want a Star Wars high school rom com?

The thing about Cara Dune is that unlike most fiction that features "strong womxn" it doesn't make a big deal about how
>Oh this woman is so strong how impressed are all the men
>Listen to the villain mock her for her fxmininity so evil

aside from your obvious bad taste, it's fucking concept art. Even if it wasn't "good" - which it is - it's intended to give people working on the project a visual representation. Its purpose is not to be appreciated like a painting or even a comic book

They realized how much they fucked up by not having a new Jedi order series that they could’ve milked like Harry Potter from the start and so they’ll just shoehorn it now into the book launch

But that's shit

This isn't a retcon, read the visual dictionary for The Force Awakens. Kylo was always joining the knights and not the other way around. Fucking retards acting like they know shit when they've done no research I fucking swear to christ

Man Disney really fucked up with the ST. It is honestly so fucking baffling to me. I 100% thought the game plan was going to be “Remake OT”, “Remake/Reboot PT“, and “Opened ended ST”. Like it is fucking hilarious to me that things ended up turning out this way. Disney remakes their own shit and other people’s shit all the time, but the one time people would probably be more understandable about it and it would buy them time to figure out the best way to Milk a Sequel Trilogy.

Like imagine that alternate timeline for a hot second. They get to patch the issues with minor contradictions in the OT, they get to introduce star wars to a Chinese audience, they get lucky enough to realize people actually enjoyed parts of PT before with the surge of PT memes changed the view it from “complete trash” to “Needed more time in the oven but edible” instead of trying to pretend it didn’t happen for two movies and ruffling the feathers of that generation. And finally they would have 5-10 years to plan the ST to not only be a fun story, but also to maximize milking the franchise.

Till my last day I am going to wonder why the suits in the board room thought 6 months was enough time to plan a trilogy and start pushing it out the door.

The visual dictionary for TFA has one reference to the Knights of Ren. Page 24. The first half of
Kylo’s two page. It is one sentence long. Kylo Ren’s helmet is in the Style of the knights of ren.

Considering they are one of JJ “play it close to my chest” Abrram’s mystery box specials, it is not surprising that is all the was printed about them. He probably had some rough idea of who they were, but that was tossed out with the rest of his notes by Rian. Rian had Kylo be the master of the KoR and had Kylo leave with a some of Luke’s students. He also didn’t want to Do some research retard.

This feels like a massive step back for the franchise. Disney finally acknowledged that Star Wars is for female POC (black) and now they are going to put out a book cover without a female POC on it? How will black girls know this franchise is for them?
Ok that's better but they need this character on the cover of the first book too and every other one they make.

> black girls of color only represented in three of five books
What the fuck is this shit and what year am I in? Total regression. Representation matters.

We already know nothing good comes from it, and his Temple and students amount to nothing. It would just be disappointing.

If I were a Stockholder I’d be pissed by Disney’s management of Star Wars, 4 billion fucking dollars just to turn one of the greatest IPs of all time into a franchise on par with Transformers and Fast and the furious except it’s now less consistent, less fun and less profitable than both the Disney era can basically been considered a failure it failed to attract a new generation of fans especially the ones the desperately wanted in China, failed to make as much money as they wanted to, failed to create an actually interesting continuation to the franchise and most importantly failed to be good. The flagship “trilogy” is probably the worst blunder in cinematic history it just doesn’t work as a trilogy. They spent billions for a trilogy that doesn’t make sense or even work as a trilogy, Bravo. It’s spectacular how much arrogance and incompetence was floating around Kennedy and Iger along with everyone one of their cronies they thought they could literally make anything and fans would stick around no matter what we’ll fuck that’s how you kill a franchise. Not to mention how dogshit eve Rhône involved in the productions were JJ is the biggest hack of hacks out of all the things he could possibly do he just remade the first movie with cliche and empty mystery boxes before Rian took a shit on them while ripping off both ESB and ROTJ and Kennedy and company were completely for his direction before it splintered the franchise and Iger panicked when the money stopped flowing and the toy sales died, flashed forward after TROS which ripped off plot points straight from Dark Empire and now the biggest legacy of the ST is a bunch of pissed off actors and a landfill full of unsold Rose Tico toys they literally can’t move forward from it because there’s nowhere to go and everyone people cared about is dead, now they force to go back to a “high republic” era with a bunch of Jedis running around like they should have done to begin with

Continuing rant but they could’ve had as many fucking POC/alien/whatever female Jedi as they wanted to with a New Jedi series but they just stuck us with one white piece of cardboard who can’t act as they made the Latino a drug smuggler and the main black guy a slave/janitor/joke not to mention unlimited opportunity to make new and interesting villains or fuck just use George’s scripts who cares if they were weird people when the finale to over a decades worth of movies has a talking space raccoon as one of its main characters but I digress they had one chance, one fucking chance with the OT cast and the anew cast ready to take the mantle and they blew it, they fucking hyper spaced rammed it with shitty movies and an insane disrespect for everything that came before it, no amount of Mandolorians can fixed how tarnished the series is and forever will be after everything is set and done. Bar short of a HARD retcon of the entire ST I honestly can’t think of a good future for this franchise

So they rip off one of the most hated eu stories and made it even worse?

Attached: 62E28AAC-BCD1-4756-95C9-A55B519AE58D.jpg (1000x1512, 636K)

>university
Do they mean universality?

no lmfao

What *do* they mean?

like harry potter with lightsabers

90s-mid 2000s was peak Star Wars.

Dark Empire’s artstyle was what made it stand out, outside from the kind of wacky “ambition” that’s very rare nowadays.

Attached: 685D2038-64CF-4652-A195-BF718539A88A.jpg (800x600, 59K)

Harry Potter with lightsabers and Dinosaurs!

Jesus, that's the worst thing they could go with

my question is .... Will We See Baby Chewbacca?

So?

>Made it even worse
I know old thing good new thing bad yada yada yada, but Episode 9 is EASILY better than Dark Empire. What makes you think otherwise?

nah they're both garbage

This is true

Attached: __bb_8_and_takami_chika.jpg (850x850, 81K)

They can both be garbage, but 9 is still better

hmm
>9 has Kylo but DE has /fa/ VaderLuke
>DE has stupid keikaku clone palpatine but 9 has stupid keikaku clone palpatine that had a babby (unfortunately isn't triclops)
nah they're equally garbage

Dark Empire is pretty dumb, and there's no real way to square it with the "Anakin is the Chosen One" dogshit Lucas smeared on a cocktail napkin before filming TPM, but some of the art is pretty good at least.

Dark Empire's handling of Luke is legitimately awful. I don't care how cool his Vader roleplay costume is.

>Dark Empire's handling of Luke is legitimately awful
yeah but 9's handling of every character is awful, as is its laughable treatment of the plot and mythology
Kylo is the one saving grace and I think that's 99% due to Driver being absolutely based

You can't give points to Dark Empire for it's costume design as if that's in any way important. If we are pretending tiny details like that count towards making it objectively better, 9 deserves points for it's excellent set design on Exogol

Also I'll take decaying clone palpy over infinite 22 year old palpy clones any day.

I guess I just feel like dark empire is a typical shitty edgy hack comic/fanfic that are a dime a dozen in big franchises. the sequel trilogy and 9 especially are much more offensive to me because they are shitty edgy hack fanfic that have aggressively billed themselves as a true continuation to a story (that didn't need one) while fucking it in the ass

so basically Dark Empire is "lol dumb EU comic" whereas 9 is "wow I can't believe they actually went with this fucking shit for a legitimate sequel and conclusion." Dark Empire may technically be more banal in its storytelling but the spectacular failure of 9 roughly evens them out.

So basically you are holding them to different standards. That's fine, and completely fair, but it doesn't make it BETTER

>but it doesn't make it BETTER
make what better

Make dark empire better than 9

I didn't say it was better, I said they're equally shit

Are you fine with Disney telling stories 200 years before the PT or would you rather have them go far in the future past the Sequel Trilogy?

That is why you fail

>That's assuming Vader didn't find him first.
fuuuuuuuuuuu

200 years prior is ultimately safe because the sith can't be the main focus of the enemy faction unless they take like ten degrees of separation from it since the only time the sith re-emerge is in TPM after many more centuries back.
it also can't go too hard on fucking up the galaxy, since again, we know where everything ends up starting with TPM.
I'd rather wait for someone or a group of someone more competent and worth the effort to do the post-ST time since there's so much more that would have to be set up correctly to avoid another post-ROTJ mess

I think this is the ideal era for now since the ST, the most recent era we got, was in the future. I'm fine going in the past now. Especially since it's such an unknown era

I've wanted more stuff about the Jedi without the Sith for awhile now

At least DE did something with the clone idea. It also handled the concept of a fleet of superweapons better.

Attached: 1559641662178.jpg (856x1200, 303K)

>Rian had Kylo be the master of the KoR
That was JJ
>had Kylo leave with a some of Luke’s students.
It was never stated what happened to these
You're screeching because your headcanon was wrong and are seething when that user pointed it out

I thought it was Mongol inspired a la Genghis Khan

Attached: 4f469ae763b15.preview-620.jpg (620x827, 123K)

I agree with this. Everyone is saying we should go farther in the future, but the ST era literally just happened. I don't like when Star Wars is told linearly, it's much more interesting to jump around

You know what, you are partially right. TFA established Kylo as their master. I had confused two Snoke scenes. However you re super wrong s it being my headcanon, because I refused to watch the movies until I could pirate them. The entire thing smelled of shit from a mile away. You are even more wrong because the initial argument is that TFA’s visual dictionary established Kylo joining the knights instead of forming them, so your entire post is a non-sequitor. Being as dumb as you should be punishable by post-birth abortion.

I wish we went further in the past than this project is going, though. It's ultimately just a prelude to TPM, which is all well and good, but the closer you get to the purview of the films the easier it is to feel contrived or goofy. Writers can't fucking help themselves; they have to shoehorn in the familiar (just look at the main Star Wars comic books from Marvel, or even the prequel trilogy itself for that matter). But like always, I'm sure we'll get good stuff out of this and shit out of it.

The story we are being told takes place 200 years prior, not the whole era. Given the emphasis on some "great disaster" we are getting, I think its more likely they are delibratly choosing this time period to show us the transition from prosperity to the corruption in the prequels

>The story we are being told takes place 200 years prior
I'm aware. That doesn't change my point.
>I think its more likely they are delibratly choosing this time period to show us the transition from prosperity to the corruption in the prequels
Which doesn't make sense, frankly.

>Which doesn't make sense, frankly.
What doesn't make sense? I think it's an interesting story to tell

I think as long what's next isn't related to the Skywalker story. I don't really mind if they go far into the future or past.

>What doesn't make sense?
Let me rephrase: it might all line up fine in terms of concrete continuity. But the idea that there's some big disastrous event that put the Republic and the Jedi Order on course for the prequels is sort of incongruous thematically. The implication was always that the Republic and the Jedi had grown fragile as a result of complacence and inflexibility, the Jedi forgot their own teachings and grew so attached to the status quo that they were completely blindsided by the Emperor. This doesn't line up with the idea that major shake-ups were going on just a couple hundred years prior.

Okay I can understand this take

>When I grew up was peak star wars
Wow how lucky of you

Fucking lel

Oh no

Attached: 4B86DFAE-064D-4FD3-AF19-A4E849713F03.jpg (615x373, 117K)

Yes because the Disney era has such gold nuggets like the ST the herkily jerkily Aftermath books etc.

Definitely not before though, right? The prequels in their infinite glory and fucking Gendy Wars were the best Star Wars content, definitely not Empire Strikes Back or the Thrawn Trilogy.
Fucking Zoomers and their obsession over the prequels. I swear to Christ.

Look at bane's helmet, look at the shoulders, and just about everything else. There's no design similarities between him and samurai armor.

> It's also incredibly common knowledge Lucas took inspiration from Samurai media for the first SW movie.
Yes, the first SW movie. That does not specifically apply to Darth Bane.

That also looks closer to Bane than Samurai armor.

Attached: 7654f8fc80a39cc99a4d0bc20f96fd1c.jpg (531x800, 60K)

he's right you know

Genndy Wars is pretty good, admittedly. Thrawn Trilogy is middling to me. Some decent ideas but a lot of stupid ones.

The OT remains, by far, the best thing to come out of Star Wars.

It certainly does highlight their initial attraction towards nonsensical social justice lingo and ideology, that's one thing for sure. Any one who's actually read anything about star wars is already aware of sw containing an extremely diverse mythos. This need to insert an emphasis upon this concept of diversity is more suggestive of an absurd scholastic absolutism, rather than an actual awareness of the already-existent diverse humanoids, species, planets, religions, weapons, ships, powers, and planets scattered throughout the entirety of star wars.

Basically, you have to be a retard to feel like it's even necessary to write down, and that it is written down suggests it is more a mantra-tool used for conditioning the content, rather than a legitimate acknowledgement of a concurrent essence.

That you faggots always cry about naggers not being representated and immediately forget about Lando is just such bullshit, I can't ever take one of you retards seriously.
Anyone who ever focuses upon mUh REprEsEntation in FANTASY just screams of their inability to actually focus about creative concepts unless it specifically aligns to their doctrine of social coherency. It's the poor-man's signal that they lack an innate imaginative process without every concept within fantasy coinciding with their specific mythos. Nobody who takes on the task of fantasy should be hard-pressed to focus cultural hegemony upon a quintessentially flexible aspect of fantasy. These faggots which mouth off this socially religious necessity of "representation" within Star Wars make clear their ideologically-driven need to insert non-fictional concepts within the realm of fiction.