It's another recolored OC

>It's another recolored OC.

Why are Power Rangers comics shit with their new characters?

Attached: power-rangers-spoiler-new-character-dayne-2-1176450.jpg (537x826, 110K)

Because the people running the comics are nostalgia fans that just want to tell stories about the characters they care about, including new Donutsteels that are just there to showcase the characters they like being awesome more.

That's why Soul of Dragon was so dumb, it was just Higgins jerking off on Tommy's face for a whole trade.

I wish they'd just get guys from the Japanese side to help with original character & suit design

Attached: Spirit_Rangers_JF.jpg (1920x1440, 324K)

Damn furries

Isn't Power Rangers literally for little kids? Why do people over 12, let alone 18, still give a shit?

Same could be said about all comics, yet here you are.

They have almost 45 years of Japanese Sentai storylines they could adapt and tweak, nah fuck it just colour switch something we are "familiar" with. Even if they didn't want put the effort into being original there is better things they could do.

You forget what they're adapting dude, it's SABAN'S Power Rangers, not Super Sentai.

Actually, I Forgotten what they're adapting, it's HASBRO'S Power Rangers now.

It went from taking the MMPRs and expanding on that with good storytelling to Tommy wanking to Reddit tier "It's cool to like this thing now so lets geek out" to DeviantArt OCs.
The Reddit bait was annoying because people who didn't particularly care about PR started pretending to give a shit and the movie and shit was being pushed into the forefront.

It is a comic for an adult audience based on a watered down and censored version of an already silly and kid friendly show.
Why would you expect that to be good?
The adults who unironically enjoy Power Rangers tend to be pretty autistic so recolors shit makes sense.

Attached: 1532747122864.jpg (960x936, 68K)

Why is it shocking people can take the TMNT more serious than the Power Rangers.

If you go back and watch TMNT or read the comics they are actually good and stand on their own without nostalgia.
Sentai can be fun depending on the series but Power Rangers itself is pretty shit.

>recolor
j-just how many furry guy characters do power rangers comics have exactly?

This would be the second. Dayne is the recolor of the first.

Theres a sexy monster once a week

There's no possible mature or non-kiddy reading of the concept. It can't even be a vessel for crude or juvenile humor like TMNT.

This is why I am glad Kamen Rider failed in the west. PR has become a shit show. Then again so has Sentai. If I had the money and rights I would do a 1 to 1 of Liveman in the west.

>adapt and tweak
Its a PR comic not a Sentai comic
let it be its own damn thing

They're Western creators working on a mythos haphazardly carved from a Japanese franchise. They'll never be able to capture the mindset the Japanese designers had when they were working on the originals, so it's limited to the Sonic method of taking an element from future seasons and giving it an edgy repaint.

Not a issue for South Americans. Some of the Sentai inspired stuff they have is neat. I guess they take more time with the medium, and understanding its process? I really don't know.

>Not a issue for South Americans. Some of the Sentai inspired stuff they have is neat.
I’ve never heard of this, what are these shows called?