If she is able to lift Mjolnir in Thor 4 does it water down the fact that Cap was able to lift it?

If she is able to lift Mjolnir in Thor 4 does it water down the fact that Cap was able to lift it?

Attached: natalie-portman-thors-hammer-san-diego-comic-con-1563780637.jpg (480x480, 57K)

Cap is straight AND white AND male without being Thor. That's why he's unworthy.

Depends on how it's written.

It'll be affirmative action Nu-Mjolnir
"Whosoever holds this hammer, if he be worthy or a woman or a member of an ethnic or religious minority, shall posses the powers of Thor."

Fucking epic dude

Not at all, it just shows someone else is able to lift it. Even if she picks it up casually like Vision did, that still puts her and Cap on a list of literally two other people in the entire universe known to be worthy.

What does MCU Jane even do to make her worthy?

>does it water down the fact that Cap was able to lift it?
The fact that Vision did it first didn't made that moment less cool, so i'd say no.

Some people ar just worthy.
Didn't some EMT once lift the hammer and casually hand it to Thor after a battle and Thor only realised what had happened after the guy was gone?

There's nothing special about lifting Mjolnir in the MCU. All you have to do is not be an arrogant asshole and that's it. Maybe being ready to sacrifice yourself for others as well.
There's probably millions of people who could do it.

be the worst character in the MCU. its no surprise the best Thor movie did not include her.

>Not one person has pointed out the fact Mjolnir is still destroyed in the main timeline and only exits in the past now
I am disappoint, Yea Forums

Bet it's some "Men don't take her seriously" crap

They will judt give her a new hammer.

It'll probably be reassembled somehow either a spell or by some external actor.

Honestly, I too fear this movie it could be the nth girl power-style plot, with Thor being ridiculed just because male, but I also hope it could be made in a more acceptable way
>They met again, it's alittle embarassing at first but Thor after Endgame is determined to move on in every way
>They talk about each other and about their recent tragedies in their lives, they emphatize with one another
>Mjolnir isn't recreated, Thor builds an entire new hammer for Jane
>He comes up with the idea of forging many other hammers to battle an imminent threat

No. All you have to do is get Cancer and Everybody is "worthy"

Maybe Jane goes on a quest to reforge the hammer, whose fragments are possibly still on earth in a desperate race against time and cancer.

what did Thor do in the first movie to make him worthy?

They should subvert expectations by making Jane stupid when she picks up the hammer like Thor

Yeah probably

But then the fact that Thor even needed the axe waters down Thor's arc in Thor 3 so it's only fair

Stand up to the Destroyer as a human

This here is the best way to tackle it.

Attached: 1484958813554.gif (240x180, 360K)

It won’t even have the enchantment so what’s it matter?

God, she has an ugly smile.

I mean, so do I, but I'm not being paid to have my face on a giant screen.

>he
Did Mjolnir just assume my gender? Oh that's a lawsuit.

>What does MCU Jane even do to make her worthy?
Being a strong independent woman who don't need no man.

Only "he" needs to be worthy.

A mix of this could be a solid adventure movie.

thor had already fought plenty of times in the past ready to sacrifice his life.
That's not it.
And in that case all that Jane owuld have to do would be sanding up to some villain she cannot beat.

Kat Denning should lift it with her tits

Attached: 19fa392bf92659a7b7b210097a866e49_xl.jpg (1200x1200, 110K)

Yes. It waters down Thor lifting it too, he had to do centuries of noble deeds

This would actually be decent, especially if Bill is in it

I believe Khazak Milkers is the appropriate term

banged jan--HEY! I GET IT NOW.

This makes a lot less since in the movies since they established the whole "your powers never came from the hammer in the first place, dummy" thing. Did cap ever shoot lighting or anything when he had it in Endgame? It doesn't seem like MCU Mjolnir gives any additional powers, its just a super cool hammer. The damn thing would rip Jane's arm off if she tried to fly with it.

Jane becomes War Thor when Hela creates a new hammer out of desperation in her battle with Sutur. It takes years to reach Earth, doesn't give a shit about what it goes through (hello and goodbye Korbinites) and reaches Earth with the magic "whoever be worthy with anger and etc...gets the power of thor." Jane battling cancer diagnosis, hammer awakens, she becomes Thor. Beta Ray Bill shows up ready to fuck up whoever holds that hammer and he's equally angry and then the hammer goes to him, etc etc bob's your uncle if the hammer isn't destroyed it'll bind the user's soul to Hela or something.

I leave it to Taika from there.

What if she's only able to lift it because she's pregnant with Thor's son?

This. The people who almost exclusively write, draw, ink, color, print, distribute, collect and read comics don't have any place in them.

Are...are you saying the hammer...

Attached: The Hammer is his Penis.jpg (320x480, 189K)

>Did cap ever shoot lighting or anything when he had it in Endgame?
Yes. Cap also doesn't magically turn into Thor when he picks it up though, neither does vision.

>If she is able to lift Mjolnir in Thor 4 does it water down the fact that Cap was able to lift it?

Did you read the comics?
The cosmetic entity that lives in Mjolnir chose Jane.
Nothing about dignity at this point.
The entity chose Jane.
End of the history.

It brings up a ton of questions: how is she worthy when someone like Rhodey isn't? Rodey is the noble warrior archetype, self sacrificing and courageous yet humble. If the only competition is Thor (around whom the concept of worthyness must necessarily revolve: worthy is "like Thor at his best" or "the Thor his dad wants him to be") and Cap (whose whole thing is that he was a moral paragon which is why he was selected for the serum in the first place). But if the competition is Jane Foster? Fucking WHY? Why is she better than him?

>Odin's enchantment has some wiggle room to protect Odin's grandson
I dig it.

Well, Rhodey is a negro and a cripple.

Nothing destroys a comic book nerd's suspension of disbelief faster than a woman being able to do the same thing as a man.

A superGIRL? In this economy?

The worst part about this is that it proves jane Foster is going to be in the movie and she is a boring wooden plank.

>Thor has abandoned his ego and is currently working with Peter Dinklage to forge as many hammers as he can, so he can hand them out to worthy beings across the universe he finds in his travels
>"I mean, like Captain Marvel said, there are loads of other planets that don't have Avengers. And she only showed up to help fight Thanos in like the last 5 minutes, so look where that got us. If every system had a Thor, then the next time a Thanos sets his sights on the universe, then maybe we don't have to lose anyone."
>goes about forming the Thor Corps
>starts on Earth, cause why not
>visits Valkyrie to get her thoughts
>runs into Jane while he's there
>twist is that Thor has really matured since she dumped him and is totally over Jane
>but she's regretting dumping him and is super into him now that he's a humble mighty space guru who helped save the known universe
>she becomes Thor, they fight a villain, there's sexual tension, Valkyrie finds a love interest, etc.
>ends with Thor leaving earth
>gives an emotional goodbye to Jane, entrusting Earth to her protection
>awkward moment as she assumes he's gonna kiss her but he goes for a handshake and shoulder pat
>cut to Thor tearfully hugging Korg and Meik, going on about how they were there for him when he was at his lowest, he considers them brothers, he's going to miss them so much
>post credits teases Beta Ray Bill

The Hammer allows the user to channel the power of Thor. So the thunder comes with the hammer, but Thor doesn't need no stinking hammer to use thunder.

yep

God Rhodey gets the short end of the stick so often in the MCU.

If it’s written well I don’t care. My problem has always been with bad writing, not “Muh wymyns”

He fought for battle lust, not a worthy cause

In new Mexico he did it to save the town's people, Did you forget the whole "brother if I did you wrong forgive me, but please take your anger on me instead of these people" speech?

Kissing black men/women

>What does MCU Jane even do to make her worthy?
Living in Trump's America is reason enough

White women > black men

>And in that case all that Jane owuld have to do would be sanding up to some villain she cannot beat.

Stand up to a villain who's anger is connected to her and who she truly believes will be sated with her death, even though from her perspective she has no hope of help arriving. Oh, and it has to happen AFTER she's hit and sure she's dead, not as she's sacrificing herself.

Nahhhhhh character development is for the straight white guys, white brunettes and blondes in disney movies instantly get their powerups. Girl Power!

this would be perfect, and explain Thor 4 coming before GotG 3. Then we'll get Beta Ray Bill as a creation of the High Evolutionary there.

Find out in Thor: Love & Thunder. In theatres on November 5, 2021.

Yes because a rando whose only achievement is getting Thor's dick hard and dumping him is equally worthy to a heroic supersoldier who's an inspiring moral paragon

All women are completely equal to all men, regardless of their achievements and talents, amirite?

White women>everything in their own minds
They wouldn't give this shit to a black woman
That's why the chosen savior of all humanity for the last 10 years is always portrayed as a white women

Attached: 1555434965028.jpg (720x698, 87K)

I'm really surprised that Natalie Portman is back. She looked positively miserable in Thor The Dark World, partly because she wanted Patty Jenkins as the director. She seemed really burnt out.

Probably she came back because they were going to adapt the Lady Thor story and that they had a new director. Hopkins was equally ambivalent about Thor after TDW and came back because of Waititi.

with that look on her face it seems more like she'd be the rightist (is that the word? not american)

Vision lifting it wasn’t really all that cool though, it honestly didn’t add anything to the movie.

I'm sure Clint, Bruce, Tony and Rhodey are worthy then, by that standarts. So, they should've been capable of lifting it in Age of Ultron.

Be the son of Odin. Also

you actually sold me on this movie.
lets hope marvel doesnt fuck it up

It was a quick, easy shorthand to establish that Vision was a good guy in a way that made it impossible to dispute or mistrust him.

She have cancer and blames Thor for the deaths of several people because he had more important stuff to deal with.

If male be worthy if female be

That should had been the case with 616 Mjolnir as well. But writers always attempting to write their own personal canon to it.

maybe she dumped thor to protect him (emotionally)

it's funny seeing this meme after how GOT ended.

What is she even able to lift?
The hammer was destroyed in Thor3 and returned to Thor2 at the end of Endgame with the infinity stones to the proper timeline.

Unless it is mjolnir from before hela destroying it. Then it is just another dwarf weapon. As it wouldn't have Odin's spell on it.

i very much doubt jane would regret dumping thor because he is hot and successful. if she was so opportunistic, she wouldn't have dumped him after he took her to his magic space palace with tech no human had ever seen before.

Attached: 1430980872544.jpg (1080x1080, 125K)

Turns out Daenerys WAS a fantasy analogue to Hillary Clinton, after all

widow could have lifted it if she tried. you can't change my mind.

...okay, yeah. I'd be down for Thor Corps.

This is such a good idea. Perfectly ties into both She-Thor and Beta Ray Bill without making Thor look like a piece of shit not worthy of his own hammer.
And that is why they won't do it. Thor's character arc will be learning humility (for the 10000th time) and he will give up his own identity to the superior female hero, who will fight injustice such as men leaving the toilet seat up.

You guys are a making a big fuss over It
Jane Will get Mjolnir because Thor already got Stormbreaker,a superior upgrade

Mjolnir is just a magic hammer. It doesn't grant you the physical power of Thor. Nor does it transform you into Thor. Just look at what happened what Steve wield Mjolnir. Jane Foster is just a tiny woman that isn't superhuman in any way. Her wielding Mjolnir and doing anything impressive with it is just laughable. Jane got no training. She is still just a fragile human that is below average physique.

To be fair, MCU Thor can lift Mjolnir. So it obviously doesn't have the high standards it has in the comics.

She basically forged (build) the weapon that killed Malekith.

in order for Portman to life the prop hammer, it had to be made light enough for an actual frog to lift it as well.

>It doesn't grant you the physical power of Thor. Nor does it transform you into Thor
It's literally written on the hammer.

>ust look at what happened what Steve wield Mjolnir.
You do realise that in Avengers 1, you see Thor actually invoking a costume with the power of the hammer. You have to will it to get a costume. also, in End game, he had to activate the costume just before fighting Thanos. He was carrying it the whole time before that. The costume doesn't come automatically with just wielding it, you have to call for i, but it has that power. cap just don't use it.

Also, the hammer from End Game is brought back in its timeline. Most likely, Jane has been working on the bits of the broken hammer from Thor 3 and trying to study it is probably what will grant her new power.

With the hammer rebuild you can expect some discrepancies compared to how it initially worked.

please tell me kat dennings will be in this movie

She'd better be.
>Mew Mew.

He came back because he was under contract.

It wouldn't be her being opportunistic so much as it would be
>I dumped this guy because even after he learned humility he was still jetting off to space to fight aliens and shit, but whenever he was on earth it was like we were his pet humans he decided to protect and even though he's a good guy that's just not good for a relationship
>oh now he's gotten his life in order, has no more family drama, has goals and a plan, has developed a sense of humor, and is generally way more mature and way less complicated from a romantic standpoint
It's kinda like Roy from The Office. He went from being a temperamental douche to being a successful business owner who learned piano just so he could serenade his wife at their wedding. So it's less "ooh this could benefit me now" and more "oh hey the reasons I dumped him kinda don't exist anymore and wow he's taking care of himself lately aw jeez this is complicated".

Mainly I just like the idea of a female protagonist having to deal with the guy she wants not being into her anymore. Because I feel like that's an arc we always get with guys, but not so much with ladies. Thor shouldn't need to "win his ex back" in order to be happy.

Darcy should have been the one to lift the hammer.
Prove me wrong

Attached: latest[1].jpg (2500x1663, 944K)

More like she tapped out right before Ragnarok became one of the most popular MCU movies, Endgame became the highest grossing film of all time, and Thor became one of the most popular Avengers and realized she dumped the pimply geek right before he got in shape and founded a tech startup that made him into a billionare.

taika please

>Also, the hammer from End Game is brought back in its timeline. Most likely, Jane has been working on the bits of the broken hammer from Thor 3 and trying to study it is probably what will grant her new power.

>Jane is poking the shattered chunks of Mjolnir
>freak science accident is what turns her into a Thor, imbuing her with ancient energies
>the entire time she's freaking the fuck out and has no idea how her powers work
>Thor mentors her, but he's not really that good a teacher since being mighty is just something he was born with
>Jane plot has the tone of Shazam with her trying to figure out how her new body works, instead of "Thor is unworthy it's time for GIRL POWER" horseshit
I like this

why do you perpetual victims always leap to the worst possible outcome?

thor having natalie portman slobber all over him and him not giving a fuck sounds like wish fulfillment fanfic
besides, the movie's called love and thunder user, they're not going to slap that title if it's compeltely onesided

>>Thor mentors her, but he's not really that good a teacher since being mighty is just something he was born with
Thos is gone. He is in space.

>Mainly I just like the idea of a female protagonist having to deal with the guy she wants not being into her anymore. Because I feel like that's an arc we always get with guys, but not so much with ladies. Thor shouldn't need to "win his ex back" in order to be happy.
Fucking this. I'm so tired of this feminist message that men are the only ones who desperately need women but never vice versa. Sadly, I doubt we'd ever see a story like this in current woke media

>fucking chris "abs" hemsworth having some boomer womanlet slobber all over him and him not giving a fuck sounds exactly right
ftfy user

>besides, the movie's called love and thunder
It's a reference to the love between Valkyrie and Jane

Reminder that the movie is called Love and Thunder and Valkyrie will be heavily featured in it.

So yeah, Jane x Valk is happening so you better get ready

>'m so tired of this feminist message that men are the only ones who desperately need women
That's not a feminist message.

technically anyone being able to lift it waters down any other person being able to lift it
the more people can lift it the less exclusive the "can lift mjollnir" club is

Phase 4 isn't MCU canon,
it end with Endgame

Awesome

>t water down the fact that Cap was able to lift it?
Not really. it all depend of how the story is set.

Jane showed great courage and risked her life during Thor 2.

>thor having natalie portman slobber all over him and him not giving a fuck sounds like wish fulfillment fanfic
No, it's just not caving to female entitlement. Thor's entire arc has been moving past loss. His family is dead, his home is destroyed, his girlfriend dumped him. This shit makes him sad, but he grows as a protagonist when he moves past it.
>"She didn't dump me, I dumped her, it was... a mutual... dumping..."
>literally can't fathom losing against Thanos, starts to cry when Rocket forces him to consider the possibility
>squanders a free headshot to gloat, allows for the snap to happen
>spends 5 years moping and drinking and playing Fortnite
All of his growth comes from accepting reality and moving forward. Jane DID dump him because they just don't have any chemistry. She's the first hot earth woman he met and he's a chisled hunk, so they had a romantic fling. Then she dumped him. And that's fine. It's in the past and he doesn't have to get her back to be fulfilled.

Imagine you're Thor. You have an on/off LDR with some girl for a while until she gets bored and dumps you. Several years pass, you grow and change a lot, and now you've got your life in order. Then that girl shows up again after like 6 years of your two being broken up. Does getting her back immediately become your priority?
Guys aren't as simple as a lot of female-oriented stories make them seem.

men btfo

>besides, the movie's called love and thunder user, they're not going to slap that title if it's compeltely onesided
The "love" element refers to Valkyrie picking a queen

Attached: all the answers you need.png (400x296, 75K)

honestly the best way to do it would be to make her spend 80% of the film unworthy of the thing until her character development hits the sweet spot and she lifts it just in time for the final battle. Then it's like an origin story inside of a sequel.

This is the only way that gives enough time to develop her character and not make her wielding the hammer a cop-out.

genuinely BASED Taika. Ragnarok was a bit shitty on a second viewing but it was still better than most MCU shit, hopefully he gets a trilogy.

when is he making The Cosmic Avengers with Gunn?
I legit wonder how Gunn's more extreme dumb humor would work with Taika's more soft and quirky one

Attached: 1544022808814.jpg (630x630, 35K)

>Imagine you're Thor. You have an on/off LDR with some girl for a while until she gets bored and dumps you. Several years pass, you grow and change a lot, and now you've got your life in order. Then that girl shows up again after like 6 years of your two being broken up. Does getting her back immediately become your priority?
Basically what happened in JMS's Thor. Jane Foster abandons her kid and ex/husband in an attempt to restart romance with Thor. Thor wasn't interested and nothing happened. Jane stuck around because she is a cuckold queen.

She's part of the worthy tribe.

What if she got powers separate from the hammer?
Like and said, she's poking around the old hammer and it makes her super. So now Thor is training her, but he triesto mentor her the way Odin mentored him; by denying her a hammer until she proves she's "worthy".
Only problem is they've got two different ideas of what "worthy" means. This causes friction between them during Jane's training.
>Thor wants her to understand the pain and sacrifice that made him his best self
>Jane takes this as Thor not trusting/believing in her
>neither wants to empathize with the other
And then finally a villain forces them to make up, Thor grants her a hammer to make her an official Thor, and they work together to beat it's ass.

And then Valkyrie marries Miek, who is revealed to be female this whole time.

>jane dumps thor for entirely unspecified reasons
>them getting back together would be 'female entitlement' and not a basic plot element that appears in thousands of movies
user, i-

you think they'd go the korra route? i can see it.

Attached: 1525206399501.png (938x575, 478K)

>implying
reminder that Hela is confirmed to return, and she's gonna go for that Asgard throne.
Valkyrie will scissor Hela into being good and I can't fucking wait based Taika

(Or she's just back to say she didn't actually destroy the hammer and she just used some illusion magic shit)

Attached: MP24170336_Thor_Ragnarok_Hela_MightyPrint__52125.1509077284[1].jpg (1280x906, 232K)

Yet feminists use it all the time

Maybe a gallon of milk, after a good breakfast