Zim: Enter the Florpus

August 16
twitter.com/nxonnetflix/status/1153650976236167168?s=21

Attached: 9657B942-F2B1-4811-9AA8-9D3EF2460676.png (1334x750, 2.63M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3eapLiDeNyM
instagram.com/p/Bz-pOI7AkXt/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
netflix.com/title/81091977?preventIntent=true
twitter.com/JhonenV/status/1147294170140143616
twitter.com/WalterSalmon13/status/1154034912212578305
esquire.com/entertainment/tv/a21971611/rockos-modern-life-closet-clown-episode/
youtu.be/O1nIAhRMQMI?t=149
twitter.com/JhonenV/status/1154170664493801473?s=09
mister-peepers.tumblr.com/post/159946920509/well-hey-there-b
jhonenvasquez.fandom.com/wiki/ZAGR_(Zim_And_Gaz_Romance)
youtu.be/K4FD5WMrps4
twitter.com/JhonenV/status/872684154416021504?s=09
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

GKGKVKCDNENENDJCKVKVNSNASNRBRBFJFKCCIFOTOTGKKVVKFMRMFMDKELFCKCNCNFNVNVNVNTMTKRKFLRPRGKFIAIAOFUJ

Not expecting a real finale honestly, just the first 2 comics with some extra bits. Saying that though it still looks decent

Attached: 1553068048081.gif (220x145, 53K)

Just in time for the last season of Stranger Things to suck and the nostalgia bubble to pop.

>That choppy animation

Attached: 1561303292770.png (515x713, 717K)

>August 16
But that's like 3 weeks away

I’d easily take limited anime-like animation with special takes during action-heavy moments for Zim as opposed to tweened shit. That being said the Korean studio who worked on this is very new, so we don’t have any real reference for what the general quality will be

It's a Netflix nostalgia baiting cashgrab. She-Ra is your reference.

it wasn't originally for netflix dumb nuts, it was given to them after arnold flopped.

What's with green aliens sitting in toilets?

Made by entirely different studios, She-Ra isn’t even a Netflix production, it’s Dreamworks

I hope it’s like the Original Series and not trying to be woke

RICK AND MORTY!

Goddamn Nick just sitting on this and the Rocko movie until someone paid them enough money to buy it off of them.

Real question though.

This isn't Nick is it? Does that mean they can do it the way they want with no limitations? If the answer is yes Dib is fucking dead.

It's Nick, but they let Netflix buy it because the Hey Arnold! movie flopped.

This was made with the intention of being aired on the main Nick channel so no

FUCKING FINALLY

Attached: 439CAA6F-3F00-4E3E-A23E-D2663A8A49B0.gif (500x500, 485K)

From what it sounded like to me the previous management that wanted these movies were axed and the new ones that came in didn't care and just treated these two movies like shit.

Nick's management seems like a mess.

Will it suck?

Treated like redheaded stepchildren.

It seems that even after the previous manager left, Nickelodeon is still just as awful.

>sold the Zim and Rocko movies to Netflix
They never had a chance to begin with.

Nick sucks. i like how Jhonen and his staff gave no shit when Nick producers told them to work as fast and cheap as possible. Thanks Netflix this movie looks as decent as now, Nick wanted this movie out as soon as possible (or cancelled so they don't have to worry about it).

In fact the only reason Nickelodeon didn't cancel this and the Rocko's movie is 'cause the possible backslash. They cancelled the Ren & Stimpy movie as soon as they got an excuse to do it.

You got a source on this? Sounds interesting.

Jhonen's twitter mostly. i'm busy at work so i can't look for it rn, sorry.

No problem user, thanks anyway.

From previous screenshots, it might look like it's the 1st issue that then veers off into it's own thing. Like an AU of sorts.

Whatever it is, I'm hype.

I'm hyped as fuck. I don't care what anyone else thinks.

youtube.com/watch?v=3eapLiDeNyM
Official poster coming very soon

It's funny how this movie (and the Rocko's one) ended in Netflix. Nickelodeon still has this obsession to use Spongebob as its quality reference. The Hey Arnold's Jungle Movie was well received by critics and fans yet it didn't do as good as Spongebob tv specials usually do, so Nick excecutives took this as "making movies based in nostalgia is bad idea" and it is but that's not the point rn. Problem is they had already three movies in production at that point. They really give no shit at making those and cancelled the Ren & Stimpy one even if they could perfectly make it without John K. Netflix saw the chance and took the Zim and Rocko movie productions.

Nick really need to stop measuring quality in sponges.

they really should go ahead with the ren/stimpy movie, the cartoon community would probably sperhead making now a bob camp affair.

>The weird inconsistent line weights on Zim
>Gir has 2 frames of animation for each pose
>Minimoose is just tweening around

I hope this is just a thrown together promo, because that animation is looking pretty rough

Attached: example-22532.jpg (1024x1024, 39K)

Ren and Stimpy is too tainted to make anything now.

>First trailer dropped last year
>Jhonen said the footage was a first take and that's why everything looked janky.
>it's actually the final look.

Dammit Jhonen.

Attached: voqelemxool01.png (1024x572, 132K)

Finally. I hope this movie has a lore related plot, but I won't hold my breath.

We might get a bit of The Trial judging by the first trailer.

I'm already worried about Gaz, I don't expect any woke shit (I don't see them being altered skin color as that) but I know that it's fucking impossible to have a good female character this decade, I don't want them to ruin her in modern writing since she's going to be talking more and this is geared towards the comics and I didn't like how goofy those could get.

Same, that's distracting levels of quality. The action scenes could look good but if this stuff is in the movie it'd hurt to see. It's a step above that Kid Danger cartoon on Nick (you should all see how badly animated that shit is, it's infinitely worse than new PPG).

I know there's no way to get the animation standards from the original series in the current day, but damn this is like driving into a wall.

In case no one knew because this thread made me look it up and I just found out, Rocko is releasing August 9th and apparently we already know how it ends.
instagram.com/p/Bz-pOI7AkXt/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

and I also found out that it's unironically going to have LGBT focus. What the fuck?

>Static Cling and Enter the Florpus will be released before Close Enough gets a release date
>its wikipedia page has been removed too
>JG hasn't posted on social media in over a year
These better be good movies. Everything else has fucking failed me.

Attached: CE.png (358x447, 119K)

source?

netflix.com/title/81091977?preventIntent=true
>LGBTQ Movies, Family Comedies, Children & Family Movies, Kids Music, Comedies, LGBTQ Comedies

Also someone posted this, I found it in the archives.
>"Murray already stated in an interview that they had "LGBTQ community representatives heavily involved in every step of production to ensure proper representation of LGBTQ characters in the Rocko movie.""
I can't find the interview so this is just food for thought. Toning down from "every step of production" I see this as them having scenes depicting LGBT characters and getting consultants for those scenes to make sure it's not offensive. It being in LGBTQ Comedies if this shit is happening is likely a mix between LGBT focus and comedy elsewhere in the film, I don't expect jokes towards LGBT folks like what we had originally, rather than just playing it straight and giving those characters, if anything, average jokes any character could say.

Attached: 1536458638480.gif (500x372, 1.6M)

Hey cool, that's Jason's b-day. And mine too.

Attached: cd7ed5d4969b31fbfac384bd64e16a11.jpg (900x1708, 159K)

Go back to whatever hellhole you came from.

Attached: invader-zim-enter-the-florpus-image.png (1000x563, 2.59M)

Attached: invader-zim-enter-the-florpus-images.png (1000x563, 2.99M)

Everything is so cuddly colored.

If the show was cancelled, I would understand, But whats with this radio silence from JG?

Is he doing alright?

Happy Birthday roughly half a month from now user!

He's always been less of a social media guy than the usual creator but this has been awhile and its been literally over 2 years since we heard anything, no crew member has said a fucking word. I really hope he's doing well.

Attached: EALyxW0UEAAoEpI.jpg (1263x1196, 234K)

Comics Gaz is far better than Show Gaz

>the images that come up for this are OK KO, Teen Titans Go, Bojack Horseman, and new Ben 10
Really disappointed in this modern color palette. My only hope is that the space side of things is good.

Tak, the infinitely more competent and unfairly wronged female Irken, is already more than halfway down that road just by her nature.

Attached: 1539295838285.jpg (736x920, 74K)

She was annoying in the original but they at least pointed out her laugh was bad.

Explain your grievances with the palette.

I can't find the right words, its like everything is over-saturated and clean looking/polished. It's not the colors I think of with Zim.

>pretending all those shows use the same colors
The state of Yea Forums

This movie is heavily based on the comics, which are a lot less dark and gritty than the show

Are you retarded?

they ruined dibs head
its way too small

That is digital vs cel for your

Attached: dragon ball.png (1280x1912, 3.87M)

Zim was already digital.

It was changed intentionally, according to Jhonen he’s grown a lot as a person since making Zim in his mid 20s and he doesn’t really connect with a lot of decisions he made on the original show anymore, in tone, characters, and art.

>It was changed intentionally
I know he didn't want it to be as edgy and stuff but it's still not a palette I like. I know I'm in the minority and most of the reactions about it came at the first look and have sense died down. I never really liked the comics. He also changed Dib and Gaz's skin colors to get across their ethnicity better but Dib being pale worked very very well for his character. Just like his head size they also changed.

>Alien scum
Booooo

*have since died down
I haven't slept in awhile and am writing phonetically at this point.

Doesn't change the fact that being on Netflix means Zim is gonna be pushed as a queer icon.

They have whatever Rocko is bringing for that, they'll focus on explicit material rather than implied or not even there stuff first.

C-cute!

Will we get to see Gaz in a bathing suit?

Same here user.
It's almost time to bust out my old Invader Zim merch.

Of course not you freaky mutation, in fact Gaz would be the type of person to hide under the boardwalks or duck inside a store to wait out the beach day

>Manages to look WORSE than a cartoon from 15 years ago

Jesus.

>It's almost time to bust out my old Invader Zim merch.
Up until roughly 2014 I'd have done the same thing with my childhood friend. We were both really into the show and I remember we were both excited when Nicktoons reran the show around 2010 with that promo. I haven't seen him in like 5 or so years and I moved on. This is interesting but I'm not capable of hype anymore, not even to this IP that I used to talk about every day and have good memories of with my friend about.

I wonder if he knows or cares anymore. I can't get in contact with him.

Would be really cool if this did well and Netflix was able to secure the rights for an animated series.

>Enter the florpus Mortie!! G-get it? Cuz its not a word?

Rick and Morty does baby dribble words wrong, Zim usually did it right. Squeedlyspooch is still good, but it had a joke around it and it wasn't just a retard word surrounded by 1000 others in a short span of time. I don't understand the mindset you have to have to think using Rick and Morty vocabulary is funny, or to even bring yourself to do it. Florpus isn't even that baby sounding.

>Ricky Martin invented made up words
Geesus!

I can finally release my inner 12 year old Invader ZIM fan that I have been repessing for 18 years now.

I have fond memories of listening to the the DVD Commetary from the three DVD sets

Same, I remember getting them off Amazon and being hyped listening to every track. I even bought the bonuses disc, all separately of course so I never got the house or the figure in its top. I still remember when the jokes about people online coming up with their own invader OCs.

Florpus sounds like something you a falafel that's soggy.

The absolute state if western animation.

I hope for more moments between these two! I love them so much! And I love ZAGR

Attached: my_personal_hero_by_jackfreak1994-d36o2w6.jpg (2506x2153, 1.04M)

>last season of Stranger Things to suck
You mean the one every one raved about? Or do you mean a handful of people who endlessly bitch on a Mongolian dick sucking messenger app, while simultaneously watching every episode with the voracity of the dick girl hentai they consume endlessly.

>most people liked it so it’s good
Have sex

Not until we meet extraterrestrial intelligent life in the universe.

With you?

Didn't Rocko have LGBTQ characters in the original show? Granted they were stereotypes.

Attached: dquyl9wyjoz01.png (632x675, 590K)

Is the creator still a sperg who thinks shitting on other spergs makes him a good person?

t. other spergs

i just hope it aint the first 2 issues just animated as long as its just the beginning of the first issue and then turns into its own lil thing than im all good

It's good to show contempt for your audience

Attached: 1563274070581.gif (255x202, 1.24M)

He's doesn't do that as much anymore.

Attached: IMG_20190723_182006.jpg (3130x4096, 1.16M)

Just ask Michael Bay.

That's an interesting looking shot.

Anybody want a pizza roll?

Attached: D5921D80-43B8-4681-B410-3D2BEF2E450C.jpg (1039x792, 218K)

>They cancelled the Ren & Stimpy movie
What? That wasn't in the cards.

At the very least there is basically guaranteed going to be stuff from The Trial which might give enough plot for invader dib to be a thing in 2030 or whenever

Attached: 2d6qkib.jpg (1282x1692, 404K)

Yea

What part of the Trial is the last part from? I only remember the control brains.

at the end of the trial the control brain were so overwhelmed by the bad data inside of zim's pak that they glitched out to insanity and deemed zim to be the best irken ever, allowing him to pilot the armada for a while

Oh yea, thanks. I want this to be that. I was thinking it was the Tallest doing some interesting shit but if this is just Zim fucking around that's great too.

same

I was looking forward to watching this with Yea Forums on TV, I was expecting a Jungle Movie thing where its released that morning on demand but would still air on TV for those who held out/didn't know of the early release so we could have a good talkback thread, everyone watching in sync. Those days are pretty much fucking gone.

Yup, live TV premieres for kids’ shows is almost entirely dead. I’m glad I got to experience some good talkbacks on here but linear TV is increasing becoming a relic of the past

The IZ DVD commentaries are the best.

now it begins..........

will another Zim generation appear?
or will they shit all over it for being TOO randumb?

Everything is so... round.. what happened to all the edge in the characters...

>ZAGR

please user, you're making me feel like I'm 10 years old again

Only the people who watched this when they were kids are going to watch this movie.

>Esports.jpg

I just want more fan content to be made.

Especially of the Zim/Gaz variety.

If we're lucky it'll be a HBOmax exclusive.

So how would Invader Dib have ended?

Are the Invader Zim comics still in production?

>most people liked it so it’s good
That is how the world woks

good girl

Attached: gaz (2).jpg (562x562, 37K)

So the movie is literally just an adaptation of the first comic arc?

Attached: zim thinks the toilet is funny.jpg (1988x3056, 1.38M)

I want to see her squeedaleespooch

There goes my hopes that this awfully animated scene was just a promo...

What I’ve been hearing is the first half is and then it goes somewhere different in the back half

>these are the swan songs for Rocko and Zim
If anything, I’m glad they picked those two shows to make movie finales of. I wouldn’t want shit like Catdog or Rocket Power to come back before deciding they don’t want to ride on the nostalgia train anymore

Yup.

I personally don't like it either. I think user is wrong and the colors are actually pretty desaturated and it makes the colors look very soft and pastel like which just doesn't fit Invader Zim's tone. Another issue is that th shading doesn't contrast enough, it makes it look too warm and inviting.

Attached: IMG_20190724_062454.jpg (432x463, 27K)

It was already finished by the point Nutflex bought it so unless Jhonen and co spent all this time reworking stuff majorly I doubt it

Invader Dib never existed so no one can ever tell you.

>Netflix
Oh fuck you

True, but there were a few rumours and ideas for it like Zim and Gaz being paired up and ruling the Irkens together.

Doesn't look that different from the original animation.

I think it looks nice

Also Tallest Purple is cute. CUTE!!!

Both the Tallest are cute.

Will the Tallest finally kiss in the movie?

knowing Jhonen he'll use it as a vehicle to troll his audience
expect everyone to die horribly

They should have just finished the unfinished episodes and called it quits.

>30 years later
>animation is worse

Good God....

>Bojack Horseman looks remotely similar to OK KO

I like how it looks, but it´s undeniable that the previous art style was better.
Then again, the show is like 18 years old. Bringing it back was obviously gonna have some differences given that they either hired new people, or hired the old staff who´s art style has changed.

Congratulations on being braindead you dense fuckwad.

I blame computers and outaourcing.

Jhonen did say multiple times that if Zim ever came back it would different from the OG show. You can't say nobody was warned about this.

Isn't Zim an adult

It looks like it could be good but my biggest problem with it is that the colours in general are really warm, the world doesn't look or feel as cold and disgusting as it did before.

Physically maybe.

Yes, he's older than any human alive. ZIM is an old man.

compare a screenshot of this with a screenshot of the original show. Make sure they're the same set piece like the interior of zims house here

Yes.

twitter.com/JhonenV/status/1147294170140143616

i bet its going to suck :(

I so fucking wish Vasquez just finished Season 2 end completed the series.

realistically, no, but if they did, it would probably be played for laughs or have something to do with snacks

Attached: 37823193274.png (977x1010, 423K)

Horvitz sounds so old

He really does, I thought it was just me desu

>tfw you will never be told magnificent stories of conquest and evil by Grandpa Zim as he rocks in his rocking chair

FUN FACT: I went to elementary school with Horvitz's niece in the late 90s. He showed up one day to explain his work and gave us each an autograph card of him and Daggett. It was great.

Do you still have them?

does this mean netflix now owns hot topic?

the jungle movie was a bad fucking idea
they should have made zims first

>rumours
Most those rumours were fan made stuff just from production titles. The only semi-canon stuff comes from the actual scripts (like the well known The Trial).

Despite what the Internet wants to believe Hey Arnold was never that popular.

anyone got any links to the commentary? I lost the link to the one tracker with all the animation shit.

Hey Arnold was popular, yet it was a product of the time period it originally aired. That's the actual issue about the Jungle Movie, HA is too 90's to work in modern times and that's why i fear the Rocko's movie will suck too.
Invader Zim, in the other hand, always felt more ahead to its times (early 00's), so it could work today...

New footage of the movie was posted onto twitter. twitter.com/WalterSalmon13/status/1154034912212578305

Attached: entertheflorpus.png (493x272, 171K)

I'm gonna try to rewatch the show to catch up on whatever lore might be in the movie. What episodes are the most important? Obviously the first episode and the one with Tak.

Here’s the interview user
esquire.com/entertainment/tv/a21971611/rockos-modern-life-closet-clown-episode/
My money’s on it being the Bigheads’ son

TJM failed because it was an IP Nick’s current demo isn’t familiar with, they didn’t market it to anyone but HA fans.

Watch all of them, idiot.

ANIME ZIM

Found the source, so now we have HD footage of it youtu.be/O1nIAhRMQMI?t=149

Attached: anime zim.png (293x363, 108K)

He's an alien.

It can't be marketed to anybody but HA fans. It can't even be rebooted 'cause the whole show worked around the setting (90's suburbs), it's almost pointless to make any HA production today. i can see why they made TJM tho, there were a solid fanbase asking for it constantly. But at the end you can't make a product only based in nostalgia. Sadly this is something big cartoon houses' excecutives today can't understand.

HD webm of animu zim

Attached: Untitled (2).webm (994x552, 1.25M)

Got’heeeeem

I think this looked better in the comics

Beautiful and horrifying

And people complained about the animation being shit.

Yes? What we saw was. This is entirely different. It might even be guest animated,

I would not be surprised if they were saving the truely exceptional parts of the movie and giving us the lowest quality for the trailers on purpose

>shota zim

Attached: 1494820738409.jpg (447x336, 17K)

This anime sequence seems like its going to be very out of place already, no matter how cool it is.

It seems like it's for a flashback scene, which is usually the time when cartoons have any sort of art style change

IZ did the alternate alien dimension plot 18 years ago, shut the fuck up

Attached: 2093cec4-fa63-4622-aef1-60613c41c8cc.jpg (595x332, 105K)

98% of the movie won't look half as good as this.

> The overall movie will have choppy animation.
>With a sprinkle of nicely animated segments here and there

It's like IZ is an anime or something.

So far it feels like aside from this seemingly guest animated anime sequence, the only good animation will be the effects/non-character animation (pipes, objects).

Attached: rocko.png (256x302, 158K)

I think it's Dib's perspective

Sounds just like anime.

This has been recurring for awhile now and I wouldn't call nuPPG "like anime", they can't animate characters to save their lives and their effects are default movie maker shit, but their objects team tries a bit harder, but it's simple objects so.

>interacted maybe five times in eighteen years
You're setting yourself up for disappointment.

Attached: zagr florpus.png (1000x1200, 173K)

ApparentlyJhonen just tweeted that stuff Netflix recently put out wasn't supposed to be shown.

Looked up the tweet but why the fuck is Twitter rebranded to a mobile-like layout now? Cancer.

Is he talking about the anime scene?

Twitter has always been cancer and making dumb decisions about their layout. Anyway here's the link if you need it: twitter.com/JhonenV/status/1154170664493801473?s=09
Yup.

That sucks. It would've been great to be completely blindsided by it

Comics count as well in this, right? Like how Zim gave Gaz access to universal video games in order to find Dib's fear or that one time of mind/body switching?

Ah well that stinks, those few seconds of Zim walking through the flame was badass.

There was at least one episode in the works for season 2 where Gaz and Zim were to team up against Dib

hi doodleanon

Source?

I still think it's badass and it made me more hyped for the movie, but I'm only speaking for myself and not everybody.

Fixed?

Attached: fgfgf.png (1981x563, 1.17M)

I'm sure there's going to be more anime style than what was shown in that clip. I'd wager around a minute long

>not using bleedman style

Second nitpicker here, yes, that's pretty close to the colors I love.

Look up 10 Minutes to Doom

Arnold flopped because Nickelodeon are literally braindead retard vegetables

Perfect

I have the unfinished episode audio recording of that, they only teamed up briefly when Zim tricks Gaz that Dib stole her Gameslave, so she can help him get his PAK back before Zim dies..

I would consider it a ZAGR moment though.

Both have their charm. Bretty good edit user

hi
It's called "Ten Minutes to Doom." This is the thing that established that Irkens can only live for ten minutes without their PAKs.
See pic related for a basic plot synopsis.

Attached: zagr ten minutes to doom.png (2500x1200, 365K)

I was surprised when I put this together awhile back and it was actually the pose. Anyway the reds being changed to pinks are too soft and inviting to me. If anything Zim should have kept red tinted eyes.

Attached: zim.jpg (263x304, 35K)

Its gonna suck isn't it.

You can't control everything Vasquez.

Attached: aff3d92c-1617-4256-af25-2c685c19e2f9.jpg (506x613, 48K)

Attached: 220bf4bc-57ee-415a-9644-5c114778f088.jpg (379x442, 16K)

cute

Vasquez can't control ANYTHING Vasquez

I can't wait to watch the movie and see Zim cry. I know it will make my no-no place feel funny.

Attached: 1510365888783.jpg (1310x873, 69K)

Based.
Zim was made for bullying.

Attached: DP4Vir8U8AEfoOs.jpg (700x840, 59K)

Whatever makes you happy user.

Will science dad save the day?

Attached: 1540666738523.jpg (631x825, 99K)

You know what? I just had a crazy stupid idea. Jhonen should pitch an animated adaption of Johnny the Homicidal Maniac to Netflix or Adult Swim.

Attached: Johnny_0f1704_232836.png (378x356, 83K)

>Soapbox: the Comic (1997)
No, Invader Zim was aided by the committee process and that's the only way I can stomach the incessant bitch-fit that is this spic.

You're right, that's a crazy stupid idea and i'm completely into it.

good girl

Attached: gaz (4).png (609x463, 238K)

Attached: 1537721992492.jpg (1080x1170, 232K)

How popular was/is Zim in Japan?

Attached: 1537738295748.jpg (860x1075, 144K)

Attached: 20582944_1383304268455480_51491976364687360_n.jpg (750x750, 70K)

Attached: 1539903431840.jpg (952x878, 92K)

Attached: 1540833344846.jpg (1200x783, 128K)

I think it started getting attention a few years ago when the japanese dub of the episodes were available in amazon prime.

Attached: DjewHO5VsAAbZCO.jpg (1200x1177, 174K)

i dont like that image

Attached: 1540834648035.jpg (880x869, 78K)

It's been popular for a while in Japan. One of the artists that did some of the best fanart worked on the movie and she's from Japan.

Attached: 1540834881313.jpg (900x1200, 193K)

Attached: 568716ce-1309-4513-8dc2-2cc350dd3a1e.png (1080x1014, 591K)

user NO

Please do not lewd the Loli Zim.

Damn, user. Nice job.

OMG YES
zim was the best show EVER
SPLOOSH

Attached: wetmyself.gif (320x240, 369K)

Attached: 1546425485156.jpg (1080x1350, 142K)

Ugh
Zim and his world isn't supposed to be bright and cute.
It should look creepy, bug-eyed and weird at every opportunity.
Hopefully some enterprising user can at least color-correct the resulting film so it looks a little better.
Jhonen may have changed as an artist but I was hoping the movie could heal this 18-year-old wound in my heart. Not like this. Sometimes, dead is better.

Attached: 1546425546793.jpg (1080x1080, 72K)

Attached: 1546425607522.jpg (1080x1350, 135K)

Attached: 1546425867516.jpg (1080x1270, 310K)

I gave this one an edit, too

Attached: fgsfgfgfdsgf.png (1986x563, 1.44M)

>Hopefully some enterprising user can at least color-correct the resulting film so it looks a little better.
like this? it shouldn't be that hard...

Attached: 1544911915402.jpg (680x383, 50K)

Attached: 1546391928214.jpg (1080x1350, 168K)

I like Irken aesthetic. I remember trying to search for Good artwork of Invader Zim for facebook background from deviantart for hours because most of Fanarts are very disturbing.

the first season was terrible animation wise and was only saved by the amazing comedic timing.

I'd rather see Squee! animated myself

i expected much worse

Attached: 1537840736326.jpg (1920x1080, 58K)

Attached: 1539965545542.jpg (1080x1270, 162K)

[citation needed]

Dib looks kinda TTG-ish.

Attached: 1537745778473.jpg (916x916, 82K)

Attached: 1537770076634.jpg (1142x1075, 114K)

Not just the palette, I noticed the designs are softer, more rounded. The original show had everything super sharp and sleek. Dib's new look is the most notable change, but I don't have comparisons handy.

Attached: 4ac40cf6-3102-4c78-870d-f6c40022faf7.jpg (1280x720, 156K)

>they shrank his head
Absolutely unacceptable.

Attached: 1540671842045.jpg (1280x720, 160K)

Attached: 1540758082368.jpg (1280x720, 153K)

Attached: 1540757923371.jpg (1280x720, 117K)

I like both versions of Zim, but old Dib was so much better. The new look doesn't fit his oddball nerd character as much and while it's definitely not soley the skin tone, it's the blackness of the hair and coat/the huge head/the overbite/the style of the graphics on the shirt/the hair style/etc, I can't help but feel like the pale skin worked better for his character. Might be personal bias because I always headcanon'd Dib and Gaz as half Japanese. I was best friends with many a hapa growing up who were dead ringers for both their personalities. Also the "Tallest Miyuki is their mom" theory.

The overbite not being carried over is a travesty.

Attached: GIR-Character-Design-Evolution-invader-zim-41474670-1200-675.jpg (1200x675, 87K)

Attached: 1534001434224.jpg (1280x720, 158K)

Attached: 1533085514937.jpg (1280x720, 144K)

Attached: 1532363790431.jpg (1000x1000, 45K)

WTF

thicc

Big
Guy

What does Jhonen even think of Johnny at this point in his life?

unf

Attached: Invader_Zim_Control_Brain_by_ckret.jpg (800x930, 207K)

Attached: memebrane.png (900x607, 298K)

At the panel he did at Invadercon. He mentioned the monkey claw story and the Zim that would comeback wouldn't be the same one as before.

Anyone have the link for the fan 1080p upscale of invader zim?

Dib now just looks like a typical protagonist from a Shonen anime.

What?

for you

Why does nuZIM have child bearing hips now?

why indeed

Attached: 1524112474967.png (1120x1050, 641K)

Jhonen apparently hated the overbites which is part of the reason for the redesigns

I want ZIM to carry my smeets!

i made another silly thing

Attached: zagr reincarnation.png (2000x4800, 919K)

doodleanon no
what if jhonen finds out you leaked the ending

fuck him i'm leaking all the scripts
get ready for season 3

Attached: zagr class project.png (1000x3000, 714K)

Good stuff doodleanon!

what have you done

Can't wait

Attached: Midna likes dogs.gif (1370x1482, 234K)

Attached: 1540439480618.jpg (766x597, 30K)

Attached: 1547779195524.jpg (1061x1061, 86K)

No

Attached: It's fine.png (850x450, 372K)

Attached: 1547782455230.jpg (1080x985, 133K)

Attached: 1547782948981.jpg (1080x809, 318K)

Attached: 1547783011412.jpg (1080x810, 307K)

Attached: 1547782553118.jpg (1080x1080, 170K)

Attached: 1547783095517.jpg (1080x1080, 129K)

Attached: 1547488396161.jpg (1080x1530, 268K)

Attached: 1548211896622.jpg (1080x1080, 124K)

>Zim
>loli

Did you even watched the original show?

user pressed F to jump off the car.

Really, I don't think Irkens even have traditional genitals, what with being grown in tubes.

Even if they did have them, they probably wouldn't know.

Attached: third arm.jpg (856x443, 139K)

There was an animated version of Squee in the works that was cancelled at some point, some time in 2013 i think? Don't know if Johnny would have been in it.

Sauce?

Irkens can have parental feelings. It is canon.

Attached: Z&LMM.jpg (922x432, 140K)

RAVIOLI RAVIOLI DO NOT LEWD THE ZIMMY LOLI

>zimmy

Attached: whip it out zimmy baby.png (420x575, 249K)

I surprisingly wholesome issue which involved Zim murdering some meat-racists.

Stop it, Yea Forums! Your crude obscenities are making Zim cry!

IRKENS DO NOT CRY!

Attached: 1537672755917.jpg (393x565, 33K)

Attached: 1519621937348.png (843x1383, 445K)

This is why aliens don't visit us because they know we would try to do nasty things to them.

Wasn't that story told by a hobo and technically negated any truth to it?

Now I'm just picturing some poor alien trying to go to Earth to get fucked and is getting blue balled every single time.

Don't worry alien dude, you'll get human poon/dick/boypuss one day.

I want to show Zim what sex is.

Dat poor widdle alium.

ZIM is not for sexual.

It's open to interpretation in my opinion. We all know Zim likes to deny shit about himself.

Excellent. Now redraw it with Gaz as a thicc, big titty adult.

Are you sure about that?

Attached: e77d7aa52e2bb32f10798df05e45b2ed.png (282x307, 44K)

S-Sauce?

Theres nothing wrong with being woke

mister-peepers.tumblr.com/post/159946920509/well-hey-there-b

That wasn't porn at all! You lied to me!

WTF the new shit looks horrible

I only found out about this shit today. My first post on Yea Forums for like 2 years. Feels odd. I think I'll keep my expectations low for this.

EXTRA THICCCCCCCCCCCCC

Attached: 1517640932755.gif (300x225, 1.75M)

bruh the original series was so woke it got post-ironic levels of wokeness.

Sorry user, the person had other stuff up that was porn but it looks like they took it down. I think I've seen those drawings float around on sites made for that stuff though

I really think they fucked up with Dib and his family but Zim and everyone else look okay.

Zim is for crying.

Attached: slimbrane.png (459x955, 162K)

test

Attached: mgid_arc_content_nickelodeon.com.jpg (1024x576, 69K)

Dat’s betta :P

Geez, not much needed to be done to fix his design.

Attached: 5c036959-e6af-4e93-9650-3e957dcae077.jpg (720x1280, 204K)

Attached: 1545990069918.jpg (750x750, 135K)

Attached: 73faca65-f22b-4f49-83f1-3d1916891ab5.jpg (886x1200, 165K)

No it's definitely from Zim's perspective

Attached: 1547777618758.jpg (1079x1077, 305K)

But it's Dib narrating

Attached: 1547777220569.jpg (1080x1072, 249K)

Oh no

Attached: zim.jpg (269x220, 32K)

Attached: 1547777410013.jpg (1075x1075, 478K)

I actually love the new color on the Pak legs.

Attached: DxJt_nNU0AA4Eeu.jpg (2048x2048, 398K)

So what the fuck was the endgame for Zim that Jhonen had planned?

He rules the Irken empire?

Attached: 5h6na8f4gfc31.jpg (640x419, 33K)

never change, Yea Forums

anyone else got some fresh IZ edits or reaction images? just made pic related

Attached: 783245698656.jpg (1234x1408, 219K)

Really loved the old colors. New IZ is too pink.

last I heard a planned finale was zim has his back pack equipment detached from his body and he dies. forgot where I heard that though

Zim generation is nothing but adults now, zoomers only want dark humor and edgy nihilism nowadays.

Attached: 1547762250555.png (1856x1630, 890K)

I know Dib is supposed to be mexican now and darker skin is fine by me but the paleness added to his basement dweller paranoid character. A kid that barely gets any sun because he's too much of a nerd and hangs out in his room all the time.

the rhythm of the characters seems wrong, and the sidemouth is just pure laziness.

Dib has been Mexican you dip.

Sauce?

Apparently after Nickelodeon cancelled Zim, they let Jhonen and crew finish one more episode that they were working on. Jhonen suggested the episode 10 Minutes to Doom, where Dib steals Zims pack, saying that they could both die at the end of the episode as a way to have some sort of series conclusion. Obviously this didn't happen.
This information is coming from the fucking Invader Zim wiki though so take it with a grain of salt

Here's the official poster, taken from the EW article.

Attached: invader-zim.jpg (1800x2700, 257K)

The script for that episode doesn't say anything about them dying

Attached: zim.png (596x580, 797K)

Attached: 1537416313121.png (1080x1346, 1.52M)

Attached: 1537416379801.png (1082x1080, 1.67M)

Is JV autistic

Attached: 1537416442679.png (1085x1080, 1.06M)

Attached: 4d083a8d-a277-4fce-8abe-bf1057f37c96.jpg (917x1280, 185K)

what's Jhonen up to nowadays? still enjoying his royalties? I think he made another comic but I am not sure

Sweet. More Tak.

inb4 it's just the Tak's ship.

>Is the creator of Invader Zim autistic
perish the thought

DON'T SAY SUCH VILE THINGS

No.

Probably
Don't jinx it. How dare you.

>JV's self insert used to be a homicidal maniac
>now he depicts himself as a stinky little beaner
ah, character development

Rule #1 of dealing with Jhonen: He lies. More specifically he just makes stuff up as he goes along, and has been widely known to change his mind on a lot of things.

Attached: 896a92235f107fae6bec06b02b4214ca--invader-zim-doom-.jpg (500x375, 43K)

Man, someone really needs to use that Memento screenshot meme and edit Jhonen into there.

Yes.

There is no endgame.

“When will the lies end!”

Attached: 1500396270796.png (499x550, 21K)

Yes. TAK is...beauty.

Man i wanna see Tak back too but if the movie is focused in the first comic issues you know i'm right...

Attached: Screen_Shot_2017-11-06_at_12.41.31_PM.png (911x585, 781K)

LET ME LIVE MY LIE user

Anyone got any good Tak to post?

>inb4 the IZ movie is just an hour long commercial for the comics.

Jhonen is going to kill off all the characters in the movie so nobody talks about IZ ever again.

good

Attached: IMG_20190726_0144407.jpg (3786x3426, 2.2M)

Comic series is still going.
As for the ending, Jhonen has firmly perched himself on the following statement: "it doesn't matter; everything is back to normal next week, anyway."

Attached: 1524266067281.png (1280x867, 295K)

Yeah, the best example of this is the Star Donkey comic issue where everyone dies, but there's a gag where Dib reminds Zim of this like the very next day or week and Zim doesn't remember this happening.

I keep seeing people say there are spoilers floating around from the Burbank screening, but I haven't seen anything so far. Anyone know where to find these?

Attached: 001.jpg (1280x1028, 608K)

I haven't seen any either and I keep a close eye on any Zim-related news/updates.

Attached: 2859f4a3-742b-4f22-bcd7-3cb97cd572b4.jpg (1280x1280, 128K)

Attached: f69b66ea-4fc5-4a3f-a501-64b780bf72cc.png (1000x1000, 303K)

I've seen a couple people on reddit saying the people on Tumblr have posted the entire synopsis for the movie, but I've been digging around some and have yet to find anything,

mommy

Attached: c42d3c53-5997-4dc1-a6c0-5450382bf8ff.jpg (640x480, 101K)

>Not knowing JhonenV has been trolling the fanbase for years and actually has some weird ships and gave the okay to Gaz/Zim in the past to justify your purity wars and kinks.
You people make me sick.

>weird ships
such as?

She's got some big meaty claws

Back around 2007 JhonenV did some Q&As and gave ZAGR the A okay, Dib and Zim annoyed him though because he felt it was out of character and ruined the dynamics. Also was alright with Gaz and Gir.

source or bullshit

Attached: deviantart fan offspring feasts on nickelodeon slime.png (300x304, 184K)

Give us the source, dingus.

He said if he had to choose a ship it would be ZAGR but he didn't ship it.

jhonenvasquez.fandom.com/wiki/ZAGR_(Zim_And_Gaz_Romance)
Dig deeper on the web, or ask him on twitter, it's over ten years old but I assumed it would still be common knowledge.
At least someone else remembers some of the things that was said back then.

This is extremely contradictory to what Jhonen has said about shipping.

Here he says that people who think Invader Zim is about "warm fuzzy feelings" are watching the show wrong and this related to people paring Zim and Dib together, but he saying in general to the over show: youtu.be/K4FD5WMrps4

He's even mentioned at another panel that he doesn't get why people depict characters being "gross with each other" if that's the only reason they're going to watch a show. I can't find the link right now, but know he's said this at a panel or two.

He even responded to a tweet with someone asking if there are any LGBTQ characters and Jhonen responded basically telling them all the characters hate each other. You can find the tweet here: twitter.com/JhonenV/status/872684154416021504?s=09

Please stop making shit up without backing up your claims or providing any sources so you can justify your dumb ships.

If you want to ship characters together that's find, but don't make shit up to prove to people that it's "canon".

damn boi
suuuuweeeeeeeeeee

I don't like this new art style and colours. Invader Zim supposed to look Grim and portray the disgusting features of every character. That was the charm of it.

wikis aren't sources genius

Attached: why am i even here.png (585x451, 342K)

This isn't about shipping characters together and how canon it is, it's about the weird purity culture war everyone has on tumblr/twitter and how they're going around saying Zim is an old man. It's an overanalysed joke now seen as 'problematic'. I'm just pointing out the staff in the past engaged with the fans about ships and no one gave a shit, it was like taking south park ships seriously.

All this arguing about shipping has put me in a drawing mood! Any IZ related requests?

It is obvious that he does not want to do more Zim, at least in animation. At first, Nick offered him a series, then a mini series and in the end this movie.

Jhonen is ZIM cursed.

Membrane chaperoning a double date between Zim/Gaz and Dib/Tak.

Attached: 1481050887766.jpg (315x357, 31K)

zagr but it's your fetish

Miyuki and Tak

Miyuki and Prof. Membrane.

Of course there is. Woke means no originality, no imagination, no humor. So-called wokeness is all about representation, not offending anyone, and soapboxing leftist talking points. Woke wil always be a bad thing.

Jhonen is Zim. He's also Dib

here ya go

Attached: IMG_20190726_1918262.jpg (4896x3672, 3.74M)

Thanks user.

no problem!

Do you think that he will be in it?

Attached: Recap kid.jpg (1600x666, 257K)

It'd be great if they had an intermission, even a fake one, in the middle, and recap kid was there when it came back.

>same shit as the comics
easy pass

>there is a chance Tak/Dib vs Zim is happening
if i am remembering this right , the original pitch was the failed and end in a planet together

Your loss, bud.

nice

>he
Sorry, bro. JV explicitly didn't confirm shit.

I just assumed

*blocks ur path*

Isn't there a fan theory that the squeedlyspooch is a multipurpose organ (with one of those purposes being a now-vestigial reproductive organ) and that an Irken's mouth is essentially a cloaca?

Zim and Gaz take over Earth.
Dib takes over Irk.

omelette du fromage

Attached: IMG_20190726_2027337.jpg (4716x2598, 1.77M)

kek

Attached: 73ae4409-254c-4db6-9573-40958a83fdc3.png (1240x1102, 307K)

this is terrible
i love it

mommy

I really liked doing this one

Attached: IMG_20190726_2135580.jpg (3304x4328, 2.97M)

Shit, I wasn't expecting you to actually draw this. Based. If Tak's fetish is being small then I can really get behind that

>why does everything want to hurt zim?

Attached: crying zim.png (1280x939, 934K)

Wait, I thought that irkens were physically incapable of crying

why?

I just thought that was a random note in the show at some point. Related to how irkens are hurt by moisture or whatever?

I was just re-using one of Purple's lines from The Nightmare Begins. Couldn't think of anything else condescending enough. But yes, it's great fetish material

Attached: 1562698799120.png (480x270, 262K)

well in theory, it could be said that the irken evolved with other primordial elements (an "equivalent" to human CHON) and perhaps the irken can cry and have an equivalent to (some) human liquids
or maybe it was just to emphasize how sad zim was

Something disgustingly cute with Zim and GIR? The fucking comics made me ship it

Nope.

>Related to how irkens are hurt by moisture or whatever?
Actually, they're only hurt by Earth water. DVD commentary confirmed it's due to pollution in the atmosphere.

Attached: 1515759079090.gif (500x375, 997K)

These are some great stuff user!

SCIENCE!

thank you!

Attached: IMG_20190726_2300066.jpg (3430x4712, 3.35M)

That's cute. Thank you user!

you're welcome!

you realize that of every child's cartoon that has ever existed, Zim comes closest to "dark humor and edgy nihilism", right

It's nice seeing Jhonen enjoying showing off his series. It's actually kind of sweet.

Attached: Screenshot_20190726-202010_Twitter.jpg (1080x490, 150K)

I'd Jhonenter his Florpsquez

also nice upside down doom trips

Attached: 23126e06-4f6e-41c4-a1f7-34a2e0009063.jpg (1114x476, 92K)

based

Attached: 01.jpg (798x421, 114K)

He worked with Disney for some time and made a Invader Zim comic.

I've only made it through the first three issues so far. Do they get more attention together later in the comics?

Attached: IMG_20190727_0000445.jpg (4386x3180, 2.74M)

The first one looks like Death.

Oh yes, they do. Keep reading.

Yay!

Attached: IMG_20190726_0037535.jpg (4896x3096, 2.22M)

Attached: 29eb6519-833d-4554-a4e7-1d6dca643c0a.png (1280x1471, 652K)

Attached: C_jZRSQUMAQ46iy.jpg (2000x2500, 555K)

Attached: efad1332-bc80-4bf0-91b7-47b85c4df380.png (1258x1920, 754K)

Attached: 12e773ed-ef67-4911-a2dc-cbb4510bfddb.png (1280x1769, 1.25M)

Attached: IMG_20190726_0038232.jpg (3546x3672, 2.06M)

You assumed the character in a hoodie who does nothing except ramble on about Invader Zim was male? Bold move.

Attached: 1546978106266.png (1280x1209, 711K)

I'm detecting minimal levels of seething... approach the vessel with caution, send a welcome transmission to establish peace!

Attached: 1524179386881.jpg (833x772, 297K)

Attached: f452f7f5-f4f4-4bda-a6cf-c47ad2516a19.png (1182x1331, 377K)

Oh no what happened?

He... ate all the snacks and didn't share?

That's terrible. He needs to share.

Thank you blessed doodle user!

Absolute unit

Mexicans can be pale. I knew a mexican girl in middle school who had really pale skin she was practically translucent

All it means is that they probably have more Spaniard blood in them than mestizo blood

Attached: l9FEdby.jpg (360x279, 29K)

Attached: aBy3RXu.jpg (542x616, 55K)

Attached: 8907e0bf-04f6-4df4-8a46-355caff69900.png (1051x1126, 326K)

you're so welcome!

Attached: c9b69286-cbe8-4ac8-8de1-5a738a06834d.jpg (1280x934, 113K)

>now possesses thumbs
What the fuck

if I didn't have to leave for a trip in 30 minutes I'd draw a response to this. maybe next thread!

saved

I don't have a source but I seem to recall Jhonen making up some shit awhile back about how Red and Purple hid their thumbs during their inauguration as Tallest, because apparently it's customary for Irkens to have their thumbs cut off when they become Tallest

Attached: babb95b1-7970-4fc4-86f8-166a817d4057.png (169x224, 4K)

It's ok user, may be next time. Have fun on your trip!

How's my drawing so far Yea Forums? Gonna add Tak and Tallest though I'm not sure there's enough room.

Attached: 20190727_104540.jpg (3627x1379, 3.05M)

There's easily enough room for Tak and Mimi. It looks kino, godspeed user.

Thanks here's something old I made a while back.

pls gib braise

Attached: New Doc 2019-03-09 15.18.43_2.jpg (2184x1528, 160K)

Looks good user. Keep going.

Attached: IMG_20190727_073029.jpg (2048x1561, 500K)

You've that that angular Jhonen style down. Fantastic stuff.

Wish that Tak would look at me like that

>looks kino
Oh thank u
Thanks user is that your drawing? Looks very nice
You know it I've been all about thick lines and sharp edges with my drawings ever since I discovered Invader ZIM. Wondering if I should make Instagram to post on I feel pretty confident about my IZ stuff.

Attached: New Doc 2019-02-07 21.15.30_1.jpg (1804x1804, 134K)

You should definitely post your stuff somewhere more permanent than a mongolian basketweaving forum. Especially since this thread is on page 10

I just want a Zim Bluray box, something like the one Avatar had.

quality thread, gentlemen

Attached: 1501387720769.png (2219x3111, 2.24M)