MARVELS SHANG-CHI

PLEASE EXPLAIN WHO?? And WHAT DOES HE DO??

Attached: IMG_2832.jpg (989x827, 116K)

Other urls found in this thread:

qz.com/quartzy/1671394/china-is-angry-about-marvels-first-asian-superhero-movie/
youtube.com/watch?v=5UnXCDASwUQ
youtube.com/watch?v=OZS8ldJQwfY
youtube.com/watch?v=_UvRavszvPY
youtube.com/watch?v=z3mmgcwm8ow
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

secret agent bruce lee

He does ching chong dancing and hits people. Pretty straightforward

So no powers , wtf

This shit looks wack and is made for Chinabux because they keep watching capeshit.

Who?

Attached: file.png (600x314, 295K)

The deadly hands of kung fu are his power. Plus he has shadowclones now I think

He is asian martial artist and it's totally not rascist cos we are embracing stereotypes now

I mean, an asian martial artist isn't really racist. There is no winning with that crowd anyways, see the Iron Fist controversy

I like you

He's essentially a Marvel "parody" of Bruce Lee, usually doesn't do much in favor of Iron Fist.
But yes, as mentioned, he ended up being able to duplicate himself at some point. Dunno if he still does that, though.

From what I recall of Master of Kung Fu, he sure as fuck doesn't need powers.

Midnighter+Nicolas Cage's character in NEXT. he can two swordsman face of unloving playing out every scenario and strike in frozen time.

What is Hollywood's obsession with casting unattractive Asian females in lead roles. The male ones are usually fine,.The guy playing the lead, Simu Liu is gorgeous, but Awkwafina looks like a goblin.

Attached: awkw-oscars-header.jpg (800x450, 29K)

This movie should just be called "CHINA PLEASE GIB MONEY" The Disney production

His father is Fu Manchu, the Mandarin is a separate character.

>do you want the piss bottle or the used diaper?
>I don't want either
>wtf there's no pleasing you people

SJW-ism hits China yet they'll still lap it up when it comes out.
qz.com/quartzy/1671394/china-is-angry-about-marvels-first-asian-superhero-movie/

I wonder if they're gonna build up to an Agents of Atlas film with Shang-Chi if proven a success.

Attached: aoatlas2019001_dc11.jpg (994x1528, 261K)

His power is to make $1.5 billion in China alone.

I hope not, I'd rather get an Iron Fist teamup movie.

I'd be surprised if we got an Iron Fist anything at this point.

They're bringing up old shit that's been changed in the comics, exactly like the shit pulled with iron Fist.

But, I'm sure unlike the Chinese, Asian-Americans won't care about it.
People on Weibo have pulled up that the Gillian is a mainlanders, yet the hero is American. Which shows they would have hated the AAIronFist argument, too.

Super heroes are fighters. That involves a lot of skilled combat. Martial arts are some of the most widespread styles of combat worldwide. Most of them originated in Asia. Asia is the most populated place on Earth. Most people who practice martial arts are Asian. Some people who also train in martial arts are not Asian. That's your two options for martial artist. "Stereotypical" Asian and "culture appropriation" non-Asian. Both can be done well. Both can be done terribly. Only retards cry about one or the other being problematic.

Is this legit concept art?

No more secret spy stuff just pan Asian alliance.

So they're doing this because they royally fucked iron fist, right?

No. Shang-Chi was among the properties optioned for the MCU back in 2006. All properties have either been done or in pre-production now, except Power Pack.

He's like Bruce Lee and James Bond in one character.

His Master of Kung Fu run from the 70s, especially the Moench/Gulacy run is really good stuff.

yes, he's so good at fighting that he doesn't need powers. It's part of his appeal.

Also Im sure this is getting made because Marvel TV, Ike and Jeph Loeb got their hands on Iron Fist first

there's no way they'll never use Iron Fist again, especially if they are rebooting Fantastic Four and the rest.

It's just going to take many years.

you're a faggot and a casual

imagine if dc movies didn't suck.
they could have done superman of china as a spinoff. so much wasted potential

>He's essentially a Marvel "parody" of Bruce Lee

he's not a parody. He's inspired by it.

Kick ass and chew bubble gum. And he's all out of bubble gum.

I would kill for a movie about Kenan

>Dunno if he still does that, though.

It's been ignored, because outside of that specific Avengers story it's fucking dumb and ruins the character.

Looks interesting and aside from Cho and Shang-Chi, who are the rest?

Silk from Scorpionbub, the rest are original donut steel characters from that mobile Marvel game

They should have done Clark right first, before going with Kenan

But he is DARK and BROODY and his father is Sex king of Virgin Planet

I think I'll just watch Kung Fu Hustle again

>original donut steel characters from that mobile Marvel game
At least better than shitty legacy character replacements.

He's essentially Bruce Lee as a Marvel character. Like Van Damme to Johnny Cage.

What is it with Marvel Studios and shit taste? There are good looking asian actresses out there

Attached: shieldd.jpg (300x300, 19K)

Not to mention that only two of them comes from the actual game, and it is not even the first time that a character goes from a media to another.

And btw the guy is usig the term "dunot steel" wrong, since it is used for cbaracters that are based on already estabilished character, somethig those characters aren't.

Pic unrelated?

Yeah, but hollywood doesn't hire hot women. Not unless they've been passed around a bit or are jewish or rich as fuck and well connected.
Or are hollywood royalty.

>>Get Gemma Chan for a role.
>>She barely gets three lines and is then killed.

Like, it's ASTONISHING their bad decisions.

Attached: tumblr_plwubmJ2Mm1qbawp4o1_540.jpg (527x666, 75K)

should've saved her for Shang-Chi's movie. She would've been PERFECT for Leiko Wu.

A cast full of nothing but beautiful and flawless people can be tiring to look at. Once every while you have to include an average looking person in for a touch of "realism", call it inclusion if you wish

You've just described adam drivers entire movie career.

Parody isn't always negative. Satire is.

ARE YOU ME? I've been saying this for YEARS!

>PLEASE EXPLAIN WHO?? And WHAT DOES HE DO??
Stan "the Man" did some finagling back in the 70's to cash in on the Bruce-sploitation wave by snagging the rights to Fu Manchu and giving him a super cool kung-fu hero son (Shang)
If you're unfamiliar with ole Dr. Fu, he's the stereotypical chinese supercriminal mastermind from the Sherlock and Tarzan old timey fiction days. He's almost single-handedly responsible for the birth of "Yellow Peril" and "Chinaman go home".
But eventually Marvel being Marvel, after the first run they ditched the connection to Dr. Fu to avoid paying out royalties.

For the current incarnation he's the son of The Mandarin... who is basically copy/paste Fu Manchu -- which is why Iron Man 3 went to such great lengths to avoid using him in the first place due to OUTRAGE.

Shang-Chi himself is a literal who. "Master of Kung Fu" and super spy, he's overshadowed by great white hopes like Iron Fist and Doctor Strange who gain their powers from "the Orient" and are just better for reasons.

>This shit looks wack and is made for Chinabux because they keep watching capeshit.
Yeah. Funny bit of irony, that.

Why do all of Marvel's minority heroes have special teams where they get to be separate but equal to the white males?

Asian here. I really don't understand all this "representation" stuff.
Isn't Shang Chi just a way, way more lame Iron Fist? Who even cares that he is Asian?
Do mainland Chinamen care about this? Or is it Chinese-Americans that do? Who are the Asians that supposedly care about being represented so much?

Why does it matter? The Atlas Foundation is headed by asian guy, so he wants an Asian team. No brainer there.

Euroforce is a thing, they are heroes operating outside of where other american teams normally operate, makes sense that the heroes workinv on that team are native or at least related to those places.

The word "parody" means there's a comedic or self-deprecating element.

The word you're looking for is "homage"

>For the current incarnation he's the son of The Mandarin
Do you mean for the MCU? Because comics Shang's dad is still Fu Manchu, they just don't call him Fu Manchu.

China is the most anti-WOKE country beside muslim countries and slavs. They made Last Jedi flop in China on their opening weekend becasue of token Rose Tico and Finn racemixing. I doubt this Marvel movie will earn much in China. It will be mostly White soi boys supporting it like marvel fan boys they are

I cannot stand that Luna Snow shit. The most cynical, committee-manufactured character borne of desire for Koreabucks. It'll probably fucking work, too.

Is this the hero team with the most cuties on it?

user, it flopped because it was shit.
Not because of tokenism and black finn.
As a matter of fact, my shill "anti-woke" friend.
They were put into that disaster as a way to explain it flopping.

OH NOES WE ARENT PROGRESSIVE ENOUGH AS A PEOPLE TO ACCEPT THEM!!!

user, movie was absolute shit.
And most movies that do well in china are western countries buying tickets and pretending that it did well over seas as a form of promotion.

Like WW and CM.

disney cares about chinabux and that's all that matters. no, shang-chi can't manipulate his chi like iron fist, but he's a better fighter.

>disney cares about chinabux and that's all that matters
That doesn't really answer anything though. You're basically telling me that Shang Chi has a higher chance of success in China than a movie on some other hero? You're telling me China would see a Shang Chi movie just because he is Chinese? Why would they?

As if Americans wouldn't buy Japanese games featuring Japanese characters. They obviously do.

>because he is Chinese
Yeah.
They will.

you understand how synergy works, right?

I'm fully aware, yes, but that doesn't answer my question.

that's disney's train of thought

>You're basically telling me that Shang Chi has a higher chance of success in China than a movie on some other hero? You're telling me China would see a Shang Chi movie just because he is Chinese?
Yes, obviously
>Why would they?
Because they haven't been told multiculturalism is an axiomatic moral good nonstop for 4-5 generations like the West has.

So you're telling me mainland chinamen care about this? Other Asians don't.

>You're telling me China would see a Shang Chi movie just because he is Chinese? Why would they?
The highest grossing movie in China ever is Wolf Warrior 2, a movie in a franchise that is almost 100% Chinese military propaganda and features Wu Jing kicking the shit out of non-Chinese villains

Really? What are the odds of me, a waitu piggu successfully going to Japan and becoming a voice actor? What about scoring a leading role in a k-drama?
Studios cast for a target audience's sensibilities. Yes, race is taken into account, its just taken into account differently in the West compared to Asia.

Yes you stupid fuck.
They do.
They've been hard brainwashed for generations nigga.
That and they are all "China and Chinese first" in media.

If the guy they chose is handsome by Chinese standards and can kick ass in martial arts and the movie is good they'll pack the fucking theatres.
Bonus points if he does respectful Bruce Lee mimicry.

Crazy rich Asians flopped in China

>What are the odds of me, a waitu piggu successfully going to Japan and becoming a voice actor?
>voice
do you even speekee de nihongo?
>implying you can act. (in any language)
>implying you can act using only your voice.
>implying you can act using only your voice in a foreign language for an isolationist audience as nuanced as Japan's

About the odds you having never left your parent's basement/garage?

>Bonus points if he does respectful Bruce Lee mimicry.
but I thought mainland China had Bruce killed?

What?
They love Bruce Lee.
They had a billion and one Bruce Lee knock off movies for decades after he died.
Thousands of chinese martial artists, including Jackie Chan and Jet Li were both chomping at the bit to take his place.

It's still going on now.

Nothing prevents them from reusing her like Mahershala Ali, Chris Evans, Laura Haddock, it's not like people notice or care

Jimmy Woo isn't an OC, he's from the originnal AoA

Attached: file.png (460x658, 341K)

>mfw this kills any chance of a Best Tiger movie

Attached: no.jpg (403x392, 20K)

>A cast full of nothing but beautiful and flawless people can be tiring to look at.
No-one has told the Chinese movie industry this

>Ming-Na Wen
>Shit taste
I want zoomers to leave.

when did kung fu become a supepower and why is it a superpower

When Bruce Lee kept winning over every western martial artist.

>when did kung fu become a supepower
nigga you ever watched a shaw brothers movie

When the comic industry wanted to cash in on the kung fu fad in the 70s.

>tfw < doesn't know the difference between mainland and HK.
baka

>when did kung fu become a supepower
the 70's
>and why is it a superpower
because back in the 70's only "Orientals" had knowledge of it. Much like Astral Projection, Acupuncture and Herbal Tea Mastery are also super powers.

Then, much like super-human strength, endurance and durability, it became a default setting for almost all superheroes.

if theyre cashing in on china, do you think they'll do a scene where its kung fu vs modern/western martial arts because of this?:

youtube.com/watch?v=5UnXCDASwUQ
youtube.com/watch?v=OZS8ldJQwfY

this was big in the martial arts world of china, to the point where the dude's weibo account got removed or something. it'll probably please china if they represent their traditional martial arts on the screen

Nah.
They'll just have him kick some dude who's doing some MMA's ass because he's some beast martial artist.
Or worse, they'll have him as some asshole westernized chinese guy who's 6 foot something and is kinda evil.
But beyond that I don't think they'll touch it.

There's one in like every modern martial arts movie so probably

Yeah, aren't the bugmen in China obsessed with everyone in movies looking perfect and complain any time someone they deem ugly gets into a western blockbuster? What an odd casting choice when the entire market they're pandering to hates uggos. Was that Fan Bingbing chick who Hollywood inserts into all their movies for Chinabucks not available?

She's persona non grata right now because of her tax evasion shit.

Having powers is a garuntee you'll be relegated to the backline in the MCU. No one with powers ever does fuck all.

Iron Fist got reamed on social media for cultural appropriation. He was never gonna get a major movie.

Honestly I don't expect any future Iron Fist adaptions to be decent anyway.

After all the uproar over Iron Fist being a white dude, I fully expect any Iron Fist adaption to cave in and just make him an asian even though he's white in the comics. Which will also change his overall origin probably, and miss the entire point of Iron Fist.

They waited FAR TOO LONG to cast Danny, when everyone else was already accounted for. Retard's error. I think they really misunderrepresented Twitter's influence in the 2010's.

She is useful in MFF though

WHOA WHAT?! WHERE THE FUCK IS MY TEAM OF 50'S WEIRDOS?!

Yes, also with the most elementals(Shame that the Pele on the team was a robot)

Attached: naa2_2.jpg (1031x1565, 200K)

He's fucking awesome. Imagine if he did have powers, he'd be unstoppable.

Attached: Peter_Parker_and_Shang-Chi_(Earth-616)_from_Amazing_Spider-Man_Infested_Vol_1_1_0001.jpg (1024x787, 210K)

You look wack.

Thanks for the rundown.

He has self-replication powers now, which I'm not that big on. Hes more interesting as being far and away the best melee fighter in the marvel universe.

>White guy does martial arts
>bad
>Asian guy does martial arts
>stereotypical
No winning

Shang Chi is Iron Fist without superpowers and with a surprisingly successful ongoing in the 70’s.
Personally I hope this is a good martial arts movie first.

he's the master of Kung Fu.
That's all he's gotta do.
The fun part of superheroes is that they do different fucking things ffs.

Attached: mokf2-kick.jpg (1193x349, 565K)

Can't the superhero outfits be something other than the padded tights
wait
Strange is in robes
why can't Shang Chi have his robes?

Attached: mokf45-shangchi.jpg (794x612, 554K)

Because it's a Marvel movie and every costume has to be as lame and boring as fuck in them.

it's racist

Why don't you mother fuckers stop larping like you read Iron Fist. Iron Fist isn't white. Iron Fist is a title given to those who beat Shao Lao to become the protector of Kun Lun. Danny and Orson are white, and so far as has been shown no other Iron Fists previous or in the future are white. There are literally thousands of non-white Iron Fists there's no reason to focus on the two white ones.

We're talking about Danny, not the title, moron. While we're at it, why don't you learn the meaning of the words you use? LARP means outside of a computer, it can't happen online.

>we're talking about danny

because it's the only iron fist you know. all of your exposure to iron fist is from netflix and video games you larping ass faggot.

>there's no reason to focus on the only Iron Fispt people actually know and care about
what

>implying fans aren't more interested in the lore and history

go ahead, casual, tell me more

Who is the team leader or MC of this series?

You dont read comics, do you?

Why did Tai Chi lose?

Why won't you learn what LARP means?

Cool. Why is he not called Fight man?

Tai chi is a glorified exercise routine, and completely worthless in an actual fight.

Why would he try to fight MMA fighter knowing that Tai Chi is just exercise routine?

Most traditional styles are memes. Possibly because they're not very good, but I think it's mostly due to how they are taught and how they are approached these days. A lot of gyms/dojos that teach traditional arts simply train choreographed moves (your opponent will do this, so you do this, then he will do this, and then...) and do not include any live sparring.

More "modern" martial arts (like boxing, muay thai, bjj, and mma) include live training with resisting opponents which is clearly the main reason why the Tai Chi guy lost here. And instead of choreoghraphy, the moves you learn (such as the jab, slipping, or parrying) are applicable to live situations and not dependent on choreography.

And I guess some styles are just better than others. The early days of UFC before MMA was a thing taught us this.

youtube.com/watch?v=_UvRavszvPY

this one gives a background on the fight

So Kata is a meme.

I don't really understand the use of kata. It's basically choreographed shadowboxing. You can refine form with better drills. Karate seems to be in a place where it's a proven style, but it really depends on how you train, how long you've trained it, and what gym you go to. Tons of karatekas have made a name in kickboxing and mma. And yet I meet a lot of people who say that they've taken karate and it sucks, they also say the kata was useless for them

they're worried its gonna be WESTERNIZED CHINESE GOOD MAINLAND CHINA BAD

Someone must have and wasted a lot of time by making that kata moves

>people saying why he doesn't have powers

Until a decade ago, Batman was the undisputed greatest superhero IP of all the times, i don't think not having powers is a problem.

>First Asian Marvel Superhero movie
>Stereotypical Karate Man
What are the odds that it isn't even a good Martial Arts movie.....

Attached: 1563331097886.jpg (706x960, 51K)

It's Kung Fu, Culkin, learn the fucking difference. No wonder your family keeps leaving you.

But still, while I doubt it could be worse than Iron Fist my expectations are low as fuck

Attached: 1563840044531.png (358x351, 99K)

>it's mostly due to how they are taught and how they are approached these days. A lot of gyms/dojos that teach traditional arts simply train choreographed moves (your opponent will do this, so you do this, then he will do this, and then...) and do not include any live sparring.
That's because for most of history most of the more traditional martial arts were outlawed, it's practice and practitioners risk imprisonment and death if discovered.
The only reason any of the arts survived is due to them being taught as a dance rather than a style of fighting.
This is why all the HK martial superstars from the old days (Bruce Lee, Jackie Chan...) were trained in an "Opera School". (still to this day.)

Of all the martial artists, Bruce Lee was the only one in modern times that defied the "dance" of martial arts and instead focused on evolving a "self-defense" system designed for the most efficient means of beating his opponents and exploiting the superfluous choreography of tradition.
And then he moved to the states and opened dojos to teach westerners.
And that's why Bruce is dead.

>because it's the only iron fist you know
Not those guys, but he's the main fucking character of Iron Fist. He's THE Iron Fist. All the previous and future Iron Fists we've seen all serve the sole purpose of enriching the legacy in order to better serve Danny's stories. You seem to be approaching the whole thing from a very literal point of view.

>I meet a lot of people who say that they've taken karate and it sucks
Too many Cobra Kais, not enough Miyagi-dos.

>You seem to be approaching the whole thing from a very literal point of view.
Welcome to Yea Forums enjoy your stay.

Attached: everySummer.jpg (226x141, 7K)

Nice to know racial segregation is okay as long as a rich minority wants it.
>Got the black team
>Got the Asian team
>Got the women team
>This is fine

>Pretending Indians are the same as East Asians

when did this happend?

>Kevin, if you add a gook to the Avengers, we'll let you do whatever you want.

Yeah because it's not like there are exclusively white teams in the MU right?

that's why they cast Tony Leung as Mandarin. They aren't going to fuck around.

>He was never gonna get a major movie.

He was going to get a major movie. Fiege has talked about him since 2010.

Marvel Studios handles these race matters far better than Marvel TV.

It's for the Chinese asian market nothing else

Aero doesnt have sword/spear....... fuck you

The political climate is a fucking shitstorm right now. I don't even think it's just about representation. If someone were to make this movie 10 or 15 years ago, nobody would give a fuck that he was asian, just that he's a cool kung fu guy. Take for example the blade movies. Nobody made a big deal that he was black, just that he was a cool vampire slayer.

Literally. I swear, I'm Asian, I didn't want Danny to change his fucking race. W

I wonder how they would have handled it...?

Well, at least now Shang who is a very Asian martial artist is in the MCU. So, having two lone MAs of the same race would just look like overkill.

probably turned Danny biracial at most. Or kept him white and make Davos have a line about "stealing his birthright" to appease the cultural appropriation fags. Which to be honest, would make Davos a pretty good antihero ala Killmonger.

Uh....yeah, because vampire slaying isn't a real, cultural touchstone of black people.
Don't get me wrong, I agree with the sentiment, but not a good comparison

Whats a christmas cake like Silk doing with all those teenagers?

I can't wait to hear how bad China ends up hating this.

no fuck off
i want this to be good, shang-chi rules

he can chop anything with his hands and has kage bunshin no juutsu.

This, what the fuck is wrong with having a cool kung fu movie? Why are people whining about racism?

I'm reading the Shang-chi stuff right now and its fun stuff.

Considering that china has a like a MILLION kung fu guys and this is a movie from MARVEL, I think China may be expecting some level of abilities from Shang...seing as this is a SUPERHERO film for China. And you know how the chunnies luv their special effects.

So, I know this isn't really a popular choice but what if they give Shang powers by studying specific styles that give mystic kung fu powers, like in the Battleworld mini? Make that shit into Street Fighter meets Enter The Dragon in the MCU.

Or Shang just steals one of papas gaudy jewelry and blast some fools. I mean, they wouldn;t fucking use a title like "Legend of The Ten Rings" for nothing right

Attached: vietphan-06-016.jpg (1200x923, 250K)

I'm sure he's going to be a little more than just a kung fu master but I'm not sure how far they are going to go. Probably going to put him at MCU supersoldier physical level at least with just a bit of mysticism but no hadoukens or shit like that.

Shame, it would have been interesting

>Disney creates the first successful super hero movie staring an asian lead

>Also Disney accidentally creates the first fighting game movie to break 10 Bil at the box office

Batman has no powers
so fucking what

batman is a colossal faggot

there will be special effects. With Mandarin coming, I think this is going to be bigger than an average kung fu flick. Wouldn't be surprised if Fing Fang Foom pops up.

You're a fucking jerk why the fuck would you say something like that

It's that that a white person being raised in a predominantly non-white place is still a "Cultural Appropriator". People really do not care about context, if it would get in the way of them getting mad.

He's gonna jack some/all of his Papa's rings.

the thing is asian people don't even give a fuck he's asian, it's SJW white women who think they know better than everyone else and choose to be "offended" for teh asian people telling others that a white person doing kung fu is racist, when the actuality is speaking for asian people and telling them they should be offended is actually just about the most racist thing you can do cause you are telling them you as a white person know better than they do what should offend them

Aero is a qt.

Attached: 1555108798811.jpg (223x227, 12K)

Because i can go and watch 100 other kung-fu movies and have better time by watching them.

They're both shit options. Why should I accept either one?

what would you prefer instead?

Oh, I don't know. The systemic problems of institutionalized racism and under-representation of minorities in media isn't going to be solved by capeshit. It's not a hill worth dying on, I think we can all agree on that. Shang-Chi and Iron Fist are both these weird relics of a much different time, where the mysticism of The Orient (tm) was cool, but we can't sell it to main street unless we package it in a white guy (Iron Fist), and if we do have an Asian lead, he has to be pigeonholed into being kung-fu man (Shang-Chi). Like I said, neither of these are palatable options to me, and I emphasize this point, TO ME, one dude with his own opinion that you neither have to agree with nor proscribe to as the immutable truth. And since I don't like what's being served up, my best option is to get up and walk away from the table. Eventually (I hope) we'll get to a point where you can have an Asian lead who's not kung-fu man, but maybe he is, and that's cool, and maybe there's another movie where a white guy knows magic kung-fu that he learned in The East, and that's cool too. It's this transitional period between then and tomorrow where everyone's out for blood because of some perceived slight or another.

so basically everyone in the MCU except SW and Thor.

I love Mulan

An Asian lead who isn't a kung fu man is bound to happen someday. They are using Shang-Chi because he's their most prominent non-X-Men Asian character, and one of, if not the only, Asian character who held a long-running, well liked solo run.

His stories have many James Bond elements to them, so there's a start in terms of bucking stereotypes.

>Yea Forums: "FUCKING MCU CASUALS, GET OFF MY COMCS BOARD"
>also Yea Forums: "wait, who the fuck is Shang Chi? lmao marvel is finished"

Why isn't he black?

I thought this was gonna be the diversity phase

Don't worry. He has an adopted brother from Africa called Midnight Sun.

White guy savior narrative is just tired and rooted in racism. THAT’S what’s wrong with Iron Fist, at least as a concept.

Karate Kid would be fine were it not for Mr. Miyagi being the Asian version of the Magical Negro trope.

Last Samurai is rooted in racism because it needs a westerner to narrate to the audience how they should feel so impressed by the culture rather than just letting it speak for itself. Well, that and the massive fucking rewriting of the Satsuma Rebellion.

Nobody complains about Power Rangers, because they’re just kids who know martial arts. Nobody complains about the Cobra Kai because its just guys who took ordinary classes in conflict. Nobody complains about Shogun, because its culture clash is real rather than manufactured.

0/10. Awful shitpost. Made no sense and wasn't funny.

See you after class, reddit /pol/.

Attached: maxresdefault.png (703x396, 228K)

Amadeus Cho when?

Attached: 8239BDDE-9C9C-401D-8F3E-B852A9F708BA.jpg (1200x1821, 447K)

Have considered that Yea Forums tourists are the ones who ask these kind of spoon feeding questions?

That's an actual promo? I honestly thought that was lifted form a Tekken game or something

White Fox
Swordmaster
Aero
Quake

I wonder if they'll make M'Nai Wakandan. Would be another tie to the wider MCU

>White guy savior narrative is just tired and rooted in racism. THAT’S what’s wrong with Iron Fist, at least as a concept.

Iron Fist literally leaves Kun-Lun to head to NYC. He also gets his ass kicked in the Immortal Iron Fist run.

no, it's fake

Why is this board filled with faggy social justice types from reddit?

Attached: 1562896837857.jpg (500x499, 60K)

>I think we can all agree on that. Shang-Chi and Iron Fist are both these weird relics of a much different time
Nah man get fucked

Maybe they'll take some elements from it?

People call this board Yea Forumsmblr for a reason.

I hope not. That would be too fan-fictiony to have this one African come from this small isolated place in Africa instead of anywhere else on the continent. It would be like having Falcon and Luke Cage as neighbors in Harlem.

Yeah because of Yea Forumseddit

There's no point arguing with people who have no idea what they are talking about.

Minorities are minorities because they are minorities. Equal representation is just weird.
T. Minority

Chop socky Kung fu ching Chong chinaman who uses martial arts as his powers.
This is not racial stereotyping, apparently.

>if agents of atlas gets into the MCU that means we will have a timeline where a gacha game has managed to push their OC into a movie
That's fucking hilarious and it would be more hilarious if they somehow managed to shove "Captain america's daughter that grew up in korea" also

Attached: 2301EE4B-31D2-456B-A964-8613553DC39B.gif (700x285, 3.38M)

Superhero Name: The Master of Kung Fu
Trained since birth in martial arts he eventually settled on King Fu as his best asset. Apparently has the power to produce a double of himself.

I honestly, unironally am hoping Amadeus Cho becomes the next gen Hulk to replace a retired(?) Banner.

No.

I’d honestly be ok with an Asian Iron Fist if they focus on the fish out of water stuff. I think the strength of Iron Fist as a character comes both from his happy go lucky attitude post ninja assassin arc and the “I literally never saw modern society until I was 20”. Maybe if they focused on the juxtaposition of Asian heritage and American culture it’d work well, possibly better than white Iron Fist.

Yea I guess you can’t have much fun WATCHING A MOVIE THAT DOESNT EXIST. Jesus fuck man, try harder next time

Fuck that I want Cho to be OG Cho and pal around with Hercules, or at least a still fat and extra horny Thor

It’s not racist cause it’s a fictional character.

wouldn't mind seeing Silk

>serve Danny's stories

The historical Iron Fists have nothing to do with Danny. Other than the three he interacts with-Quan Yaozu, Orson, and Pei. The historical Iron Fists serve to illuminate the role Iron Fist has served over the millennia- fighting injustice and oppression in various forms despite their intended purpose of being a representative in the heavenly world tournament.

If the next few years of Iron Fist run centered on Pei or any other Iron Fist- no one would bat an eye except you turds that only know about Danny. I'd much rather see Pei develop her powers as Iron Fist and Danny continue his role as Thunderer.

Attached: mostalpha.png (465x244, 212K)

How long till Disney pries the rights to distributing Hulk solo movies out of Paramounts cold dead hands?

Because it's true now go hide in your man cave and continue to cry about your parents, constantly planning to kill us YOUR friends, and autisticly screaming "HUR HUR I'M BATMAN!"

Attached: superman_reeve.jpg (445x363, 28K)

Your a huge faggot honestly

Did they turn Quake asian in the comics? I remember when she looked liked Angelina Julie's character from hackers.

>user, it flopped because it was shit.
Yeah The transformer movies are better than the last Jedi. SWfags are retarded.

Yeah.
The transformers movies are far better then the force awakens too.
Didn't need disney to buy seats and push PR to market it as well.
It sold inspite of the entire media circus that is going on now shitting on it.
What does that tell you?

Here's hoping that the real Pele joins up in the new book.

They'll be in the backups to the new mini.

>more Stark wank
No thanks

Arya is the best Stark, though Robb should have won

They thought “Master of Kung Fu” would catch on better I guess.

I’d vote for it over “Lex Luthor” at least.

He is a china man that does martial arts, because chinks and asians are little pusies that shat their collective pants at the sight of Danny Rand.

>Arya
Fucking faggot.

Problem is Danny doesn't get the cultural reconnection to K'un-Lun, but to American. He's basically an Asian-American but in reverse. This narrative had been drummed into you, but people who don't understand the character at all.

This narrative more best serves Shang that in EVER did Danny. By the looks of things by him being American Asian that's exactly what Marvel is doing.

with the power of being marketable to china.

>Replacing Iron Man with Spider-Man
sure that kind of makes sense they're both tech heads
>Replacing Captain America with some Commie Fuck
plsno

Nothing to do with replacing, just saying he could have those levels of physicals like Cap/BP do. Where they can throw normal humans around and have crazy agility but can't bench press a semi truck.

Oh fuck off.

It’s not. I meant even go so far as to say most heroes don’t have powers or didn’t start out with powers.

Tech and intelligence get the same job done.

It really doesn't matter, were going to have another decades worth of shitty by the formula Marvel movies NOW full of more girl power and racial diversity with constant pushing for lgbt characters.

What are the chances they bring back Batroc for this? The actor is an actual fighter and I think it's appropriate for the movie. I'd like to see Shang Chi vs GSP.

youtube.com/watch?v=z3mmgcwm8ow

There are only so many Asian heroes and Marvels been around for nearly a century. It’s not exactly offensive to be good at martial arts. Especially when plenty of characters in comics have that quality.

kek

Is everything gonna be connected to Stark in the MCU?

>The historical Iron Fists have nothing to do with Danny. Other than the three he interacts with
Remember how I said you have a very literal point of view? Yeah, that. I'm talking about Danny's *stories*. The comics that are written about him. Not him in-universe.

Oh, and come off this "you casuals only know about Danny" line of shit, thanks. Everyone and their mother has read Immortal Iron Fist. Bei Bang-Wen is his fucking alt costume in MUA2, for Christ's sake. It's not obscure.

Basically Bruce Lee in the marvel universe. He's a very fun addition if used right.

There have been plenty of times we've had all white teams lmao. X-men used to be all white. Avengers becomes full white every now and then.
FF is always all white. Don't feel so fucking threatened you dumbfuck.

>By the looks of things by him being American Asian that's exactly what Marvel is doing.
Shang-Chi has always been Asian-American

>FF is always all white
At one point even more literally!

Attached: r5rwtglb67c21.jpg (1280x1983, 245K)

no he hasn't. Comics Shang was born in China and he ran with British Intelligence before coming to NYC.

He has. His mother is a white American, specifically selected to create the perfect genetic offspring.

>he ran with British Intelligence before coming to NYC
He comes to NYC super early on in the original stories, it's NYC where he first turns on his father. British intelligence shit comes later

Rumor has it, it's advertised as Marvel's DBZ. Apparently, one image shows him throwing a fireball at a dragon??

Mandarin controlled Fin Fang Room?

Of people think it's shoe-horned as a reaction to AAIronFist they would.

Wow, really stealing Danny's thunder here.

We will never know

Chinese are currently getting buttblasted over Shang-Chi, like AA's did over Iron Fist.

So...we can’t have good conversations here?

New Shang ongoing, when?

Redpill me on the powers of the ten rings.

Not for long

Attached: doomdd.jpg (450x338, 42K)

D3 news, you think?

>yfw Doom gets hurt trying to replicate Stark armour and so has to wear it at all times
>yfw he's that Hammer employee who got his spine twisted round

>Awkwafina

With that kind of name I thought it would be a black actor

Just make more of the past Iron Fists non-Asian. Hell, have Danny grow up beside other non-Asians.

Isn’t the Los Angeles Reichstag Park?

How come asians and asian americans are so goddamn different? I mean, even actual Latin Americans dont push the weird brown gringos who call themselves hispanics that hard.

AA live in a country where they are majority, mainlanders do not. This is reflected in sensitivity regarding representation and access to acting roles.

In China for particular they don't want China to look bad, if it offends the regime enough it wouldn't get shown.

AA think Danny's story is that of a typical white saviour (It's not.) That's why they were pissed and continue to dismiss a white Danny all together.

For the Chinese we have the father issue, him with hooking up with British MI6 against his evil Asian father and then residing in Hong Kong. To this this paints mainland China as the 'bad guy', let-a-lone the whole HK separatest thing.

Just like what I argued with AAIronFist over, Shang (and Danny) aren't inherently bad. It really depends on what you do with the story.

I sure hope so. They at least have to fit in the F4 in PHASE FUCKING FOUR right?

While Chinese are pissed, AAs seem pretty happy. I mean LOL there's even a thread on one of the AA subreddits that is deliberately asking people support Shang, because he pissed the Chinese off.

Definite disconnected. Ironic since they spend a whole two and a half years trashing and forcing a Shang-Chiesque storyline on poor Danny-boy.

*That was all about reconnecting to China.

>if it weren't for those netflix shows we would have an Immortal iron Fist movie

>Personally I hope this is a good martial arts movie first.

You know damn well this'll be just another ridiculous quip fest with no real weight or consequence to anything. Outside of Black panther and winter soldier I can't really think of any relatively recent MCU movies that could retain a serious tone for more than 3 whole minutes.

>You know damn well this'll be just another ridiculous quip fest with no real weight or consequence to anything.
That's fine, I've seen tons of good martial arts movies like that.

She's had enough black jizz inside of her to fill the room with black people so she's an honorary ni-

he peepees in your coke
alternatively shows you his ancestry, his dirty knees and private parts

>Fing Fang Foom

Yeah no, I don't think if he shows up in the MCU that he'll be called that anymore than the mandarin will ever be portrayed as an evil Chinese businessman. Maybe something more culturally sensitive and market friendly like "the big green dragon" or "the nameless one".

It can still happen. Have faith. The biggest problem Danny Rand faces was the character assassination that tainted his character. We'll need to wait a while.

This is, without question, the most “Yea Forums” thing that anyone has ever said out loud.

Worse, she's been completely ruined by black culture

I've seen better candidates.

Links?

>because chinks and asians are little pusies that shat their collective pants at the sight of Danny Rand.
White liberals you mean.

>Chinese are currently getting buttblasted over Shang-Chi

Marvel will get them on board. They sidestepped M'Baku/Man-Ape, and they can do the same here.

>The biggest problem Danny Rand faces was the character assassination that tainted his character

what made it even worse was how they made the fucking shows shit on him even worse. I wanted to punch my screen when I saw fucking Jessica Jones being portrayed cooler than him.

Nah man get fucked