Thanks for being a good sport Jim

Thanks for being a good sport Jim

Attached: 3.png (1063x1502, 1.73M)

They literally work for the same person now. The whole thing was a show.

its a farce
there isnt much they dont own at this point

That's a really cool art he picked.

>Held the top three spots for years
>Made the number one spot effortlessly on a movie no one even remembers
>took Marvel over 15 movies of build-up to finally top that forgettable movie you did a decade ago
Yeah I'd be okay with it if I was him too

So, i suppose you never heard of the long lasting tradition of directors and producers making those public letters to send their congratulation whenever someone surpassed their record.

>there isnt much they dont own at this point
>Out of the top 10 highest grossing films Disney owns 7, plus half of Titanic
I for one welcome our Mouse overlords worldwide iron grip on popular culture.

This

Attached: congratulations-movies-7.jpg (750x952, 75K)

why did you crop out how many responses this got

I really want to know how pathetic avatar's following in 2019 is.

The top 7 grossing movies of 2019 will be Disney and the MCU Far From Home.
Fact.

Avatar had 35 weeks and multiple re-release to reach that point, Endgame got there in half the time wothout people having to pay double the price for a ticket.

That chink movie about Earth falling in a black hole or whatever will probably block your prediction's path by coming in 7th.

This.
Theaters invested big money in the 3D meme, and felt obligated to play Avatar for almost an entire year (it was actually 42 weeks if you count the re-release). What were the other essential 3D movies? Nothing.
Polarized glasses in a damn dark theater. Not to mention all the 3D televisions and special glasses sold.

Wandering Earth only made 700 million.
Disney's Big 7 will all beat that easily.

It's easy to be a good sport when you're sitting on a pile of nearly 3 billion dollars.

Yeah, I forgot Frozen 2, Maleficent 2 and Star Wars whatever still come out this year. Seriously, the ending of a Star Wars trilogy comes out this year and people couldn't care less?

>he ending of a Star Wars trilogy comes out this year and people couldn't care less?
It will finish second only to Endgame, as much as that shitter-shatters all the NuWars crybabies around here.

I don't think anyone can even pretend to have faith in general audiences anymore after the Lion King box office.

>using the based MK 3 his bro Stan Winston helped bring to life instead of soulless mass produced CGI one of Endgame

Why is it always iron man and never cap

Why is he congratulating marvel, but not Disney?

They killed Muh Luke and didn't kill Muh Unka Ben, and everyone with normal brain chemistry gave as few fucks as when they killed Superman.

Snyder was the last Director willing to blow megabudgets on movies targeting autismos.

Because Iron Man kicked off the whole thing. Also Cap doesn't sell in countries whose asses got kicked by the US, so they push Iron Man to the forefront instead.

Boy I love Disney trying desperately to make Rey the face of the franchise. It's never gonna happen.

Because that would come off as sucking up to the Boss.

saying Endgame did what it did without all the MCU behind it is disingenuous. They had to make 10 years worth of movies to arrive at one that people went out to see in those numbers.
Avatar just showed up, gave people an eye-gasm, made all the movie in the world, and then fucked off. No merch, no spin-offs anyone cared about...and Marvel is just now about to match it.

Yeah, but I'd still fuck her in the ass.

>those fingers

how iron man's gloves work?

I like the Mark 3 but come on, the Mark 85 was cool too

>and then fucked off
It never fucked off, it was the only movie fully made in 3D for he longest time, a gimmick no one will be able to pull for years now.

>just now

They got there in half the time, with half the price of a single ticket.

Oh, I almost forgot that James is Disney's slave too. That's why he is praising marvel in the first place. Of course real director like Cameron would never praise capeshit if not for blackmail.

Avatar didn't just come out of left field. Theaters had to install new equipment just to show it properly. It was hyped for years beforehand as being the vanguard of the next big advancement in movies, as important or moreso than technicolor.
And theaters charged a premium on the tickets to make up for the expense of the new gear, sometimes as high as triple a normal movie ticket. By actual number of tickets, Titanic outsold Avatar in the USA by almost 50%.

Didn't he try to make a Spider-Man movie himself?

>It will finish second only to Endgame
Star Wars isn't anywhere popular to reach even half of Endgame's numbers especially internationally and in China.

Mark 85 is completely forgettable, cringenerds just went crazy over it because OMG THE CLASSIC COLORS even though it looks totally off on it.

How does she feel?

Attached: bt7ywpp6a9f2admrtmkc.jpg (640x360, 55K)

Disney should quit while they’re ahead. Post Endgame SDCC lineup was lackluster

As we've seen with Raimi, SM is one of the exceptions and potential to be capekino. Not in MCU though. MCU equalizers everyone to blunt quipsters with no personality.

Rich.

>Seriously, the ending of a Star Wars trilogy comes out this year and people couldn't care less?

After Last Jedi? I don't even care to see the end of this trilogy.
And I'm not even trolling and it scares me because ten years ago I would have considered it impossible. Maybe for a new trilogy I could give a shit a bit or a new spin off done decently , but this new trilogy is really a fuck no.

Attached: Did it tough.png (624x684, 51K)

Because America was never great, Trumptard.

The Force Awakens pulled 2 billion and Episode IX will be a better movie.
Yes, every thumbsucker on Yea Forums will claim they "will never see it", but that won't hurt it any more than they killed Captain Marvel.
Episode IX will still break 2 billion.

Notice how no DC movie appear in either of the lists.

Fucking hell, americans have no taste

Attached: 1563801469630.jpg (747x751, 303K)

Friendly reminder that no DC movie will EVER get close to this

> Also Cap doesn't sell in countries whose asses got kicked by the US

yes, this. I'm not American and I love Evans Cap, but I can understand that Iron man is a more neutral icon. I also think that he embodies the modern perception of our time, with technology, mobile phones and continuous innovations.

Yeah but that's no fun because Gone with the Wind is set in stone and will never ever EVER be cracked by a new release.

Notice how no non-mouse marvel movie nowhere close to these lists.

>DC
Warner Brothers has yet to have a movie break 500 million this entire year, and has thin hopes for it happening at all. IT 2 is really the only thing that has a prayer at Warner Brothers.

NEVER EVER

Maybe in 10 years if DC build an empire like Marvel, but I don't know if WB has the chops.
DC desperately needs a Feige like guy in charge

They adjusted the anniversary re-releases as if they were made in the year Gone With the Wind was made, that list will never made sense.

>imagine unironically shilling for multi-billion corporation killing cinema right now
absolute state of this gay board

Titanic is ahead of Avatar, Adjusted for inflation.

Captain America movies aren't even CALLED Captain America in Russia. They are The First Avenger, The First Avenger: Another War and The First Avenger: The Confrontation. Love how they dodge using the term Civil War in that last one too.

There is no "marvel empire" only Disney one. Last non disney marvel movie was biggest flop in capeshit history.

It's a USB stick.

Attached: iron-man-glove-usb-drive.jpg (550x550, 39K)

Well, Captain America is pretty shitty name. Also pretty shitty character in general. Be grateful that this trash was even released in Russia.

>Iron Man gets transported to Pandora
what does he do?

Attached: 1563802652346.jpg (3111x4000, 874K)

I don't have the energy to go fetch a bait image, so just have this (You).

Movies from the Golden Age of Hollywood will always reign atop the Adjusted list, as they had no other media to compete with beyond radio, and later on shitty black and white televisions.

>They got there in half the time,
You keep saying that. it took the MCU ten years to finally get there. "Half the time" my ass.

Kiss General's ass and join military like a good boy he is.

By that logic, DC doesn't even exist.
Marvel was able to make their first movie alone, DC was always WB's bitch, who is now AT& T's bitch.

There isn't even a movie WB empire, they are part of a phone company.

Sides with Quaid and the colonists like the bootlicker he is as per Civil War.

But with 20 times the movies. You’re an idiot it you think Endgame was going to beat Avatar without the extra movies.

How about Germans? Are they also butthurt?

>Ignoring The Last Jedi's numbers
lol

Judging by Iron Man 2, he synthesizes Unobtanium. Possibly improves on it.

Well, it's not my fault that CA is most boring character of all time with zero iconic stories.
Although, no one in MCU aside Spiderman have iconic stories anyway

>IT 2 is really the only thing that has a prayer at Warner Brothers.
I wouldn't bet money on that

Attached: Screenshot_20190722-110004_YouTube.jpg (1080x796, 262K)

I remember it being called just The First Avenger when the first movie came out in Germany too, but I looked it up and I'm not sure that was true.

>The last Jedi would still be the #2 movie if released in 2019

I wouldn't either, WB is dismal at sequels.

He fucks the tree.

It took Cameron the same time to hype both Avatar and Titanic and tickets with an inflated costs, but you keep ignoring that.

Btw ten years of succesful movie franchise should be considered a bad thing? Now this is something unprecedented

>Marvel was able to make their first movie alone
Wrong. It was paramount. DC was always WB's slaves, yeah. Marvel just wasn't needed by anyone. Now they're good slaves all right.
At least, DC produced some iconic comics on their own. What does marvel have? Civil war, heh?

wow, and to think that I'm sure the young Germans don't give a damn about this. Only the old ones probably.

You are a retard if you think Avatar would have made it to the top if it wasn't for the 3D, turbo autistic faggot.

TDK is best sequel and best capemovie of all time, what are you talking bout?
T2 may be better as sequel though.

Oh yes, the tasty tears of a DCfag. I'm gonna cum.

Not him, but at least Avatar did it on his own, while Endgame did it with mouse influence and money.

No one said a successful franchise is a bad thing but making it seem like Endgame was this huge singular game changer is disingenuous when it relied on other movies and properties to break the record. Avatar, Titanic, Gone With the Wind didn’t have that benefit

In what? 40+ years of making Cape films, TDK is literally THE only superhero film sequel of WB's that didn't make less than the movie it followed.

All the way back to the Donner films. TDK outperformed because Heat Legend took over the movie entirely.

Seething mousecuck got mad, huh?

Nah Endgame was sold on 3D and was out in theatres for eons, both movies had their help

Yeah, Avatar, produced by the indie company Fox.

Dc living rent free in your head ladderbro

I'm not saying its a bad thing get your head out of
your ass.
Avatar was not a sequel to Titanic, the fuck are you on about?
Endgame wasn't a stand alone in any way. You keep ignoring that.

>The highest grossing DC movie of all time doesn't even crack the top 20

Attached: 1513265273798.jpg (960x771, 126K)

>and best capemovie of all time,

here I disagree. I really like Nolan Batman but part of the reason for its success is precisely their not being a capemovies, despite the guy who occasionally puts on the swat armor and the cape.

I'm almost there... keep going, keep crying

Endgame you had to also watch 20 other movies to understand it properly

I think better produce one greatest sequel of all time (and great movie as well) than tons of generic ones.

Jim Cameron works for fucking no one.

He made Avatar with his own money and only partnered for distribution. He has about the same amount of money personally that Paramount has, possibly much more. He has the power to tell anyone to fuck off

>Avatar, Titanic, Gone With the Wind didn’t have that benefit
James Cameron had a serious reputation as a director before Titanic, then Titanic became the #1 movie of all time, feeding anticipation for Avatar, billed as a movie that would forever change how we watched films.
It's idiotic to pretend either movie came out of nowhere. Or without major studio backing like this dumbass.

It's 21, it's fucking Aquaman of all movies too, not a Batman or Superman one

Attached: 3.png (1546x1505, 280K)

Ok younare officially a fucking retard. Keep ignroring the fact that Avatar tickets costed more than the others and was hyped up as the big return of Cameron.
Fucking idiot.

Good to know Yea Forums is as good at damage control as it is at predicting box office

Not even remotely true. You can maybe watch 4-6 of them and still understand Endgame.

You don't need to watch 20 quipfests to understand another one, mate. It's capeshit, not a movie.
You see now how great Fox in buisness.
It's still capemovie mate. It's just look more like elseworld. It doesn't need to be as dumb as usual comicbook trash.

>muh boogieman

Oh so pathetic. Yet here you are DCfag, in a marvel thread. Crying. I would say this is something new, but it would be a lie.

Based Aquachad

Disney Marvel label post 2010 had more weight in getting normies in seats than James Cameron’s name did in his entire career. You’re a moron to think this is at all comparable to Endgames 20 movie crutch

>captain marvel couldn't even beat Aquaman (joke character) with all the shilling and endgame hype
Pretty pathetic desu

>You don't need to watch 20 quipfests to understand another one, mate. It's capeshit, not a movie.
I can't take you serious

Mouseshills are on full force today

>implying normies care or even know about directors names and their works
retard

>ITT: seething DCfags

Amazing, like a clockwork.

>costed
Lol. Fuck off, you child

The Bugmen really came out for Aquaman, that's a fact.
What happened to Alita, Pikachu, Shazam, KotM....all the movies that were going to stop Marvel? Captain Marvel practically outgrossed any 3 of them combined.

Are you unironically implying that you wouldn't understand plot of endgame without watching previous mouse movies?

>implying they don't

Imagine being such a retard.

>better moving the goalpost

Yeah, you are a retard.

Figures the joke superhero would be the most successful of the joke universe

Also in a couple weeks it will be 22 and 25 by the end of the year

I knew DCucks were retarded but yes a movie released in a busy movie season will not do as well as one released in a dead month like December which newsflash you Yea Forums dipshit is how your precious Avatar made as much as it did

It really cool to see Disney jerk itself off.

We are implying we wouldn’t care as much, which means we wouldn’t be itching to get into seats. No one would

When aren't they seething?

Attached: 1484320618742.jpg (969x537, 265K)

T.laddernigger

When are you gonna get a real job?

>The Bugmen
what?
>Alita
anime adaptations always do poorly
>Pikachu
trash movie, no braindead fanboys to eat that shit like mousefans eat mousetrash
>Shazam
meh movie from hated studio
>KotM
No one aside japs give a shit
No one said that these movies would stop mouse movie since everyone know that Disney's influence and money will boost any trash it wants.
>n-no you!
lol faggot
Excuses, excuses, pathetic mosuecuck still mad.
>we
Who is that? Mouseshills?

>DCcucks DCcucks reeeee

Man these DC fans sure are powerful if they are even cucking your thoughts. Notice no one brought up DC until your retardation decided to show

I wonder when DCfags will ever learn how to not be asshurt.

>It's another Mouseshill and Warnershill shit flinging thread again.

Man Yea Forums really effected this place bad

Attached: Bestwife.png (257x299, 108K)

>Who is that?

Maybe all the people who paid the ticket?

>Mouseshills?

Well, if it makes you feel better.

DCfags seem to be doing fine living rent free up your ass ladderbro

Not excuses DCuck those are facts

Just like it's a fact that Joker, The Kitchen, Birds of Prey, and Wonder Woman 2 are going to bomb and no future DC movie will EVER make a billion

You can blame Disney for killing cinema and WB for killing DC. Since comics are dead anyway.

I wonder when Marvelfags stop compensating for there shit taste

Mouseshills are not people, mate.
>being THIS mad over Aquaman making more money than any marvel solo movie aside BP which were boosted by mouse itself and IM which were right after avengers.
top kek

Around the time they learn how to speak english

>there

>Grammer nazi

Why do you guys hate cinema so much? Why do you hate Spiderman so much? Why are you okay with him being turned into stark's fuckboy? Why do you hate marvel itself?

>Dark of the Moon was once the fourth highest grossing film ever
what the FUCK

How did the Beauty and the Beast shitstain remake make so much money?

Because Based Disney always wins

The change in mcu Spider-man have nothing to do with good or bad cinema. By the same logic even Nolan Batman is pretty different .

Nostalgia and Emma Watson

Because there is nothing else to see in this time.

Again you fucking retard, THIS HAD 10 YEARS WORTH OF MOVIES BEHIND IT ALL LEADING TO IT. Avatar didn't, titanic didn't, the Nolan batman movies had only 3 movies, They are not equivalent at all.

Mousecucks will unironically watch 2 hour video of farting ass on big screen, mate. They can't be helped.

Starks dead user how can he be his fuckboy if he's dead

You trying to call me retarded yet being unable to type a proper sentence isn't moving any goal posts, it's just me disregarding anything you have to say outright, you fucking simpleton.

Well, Nolan's Batman was actually good.
As you can see, he is still shitty hero who can't do shit without starks tech.

MCUfags don't give a shit about the mouse, the mouse tried to interfere with Civil War but Feige threatened to quit his entire job over it and then Ike fucked off, there is more studio interference in DC movies which is why there's huge movements in director cuts in the DC fandom

Beauty and the Beast came out in like 2017 genius