We're currently living in a timeline where Aquaman and Black Panther movies make more money than Batman/Superman does

We're currently living in a timeline where Aquaman and Black Panther movies make more money than Batman/Superman does.

Attached: 564654645.png (1188x578, 1.13M)

Captain Marvel too. Almost Guardians and Wonder Woman.
Actually if it wasn't for BvS being so terrible WW probably would have beaten it.

Batman and Superman have all been overexposed and done to death for years. People want new stuff.

They’re well made and entertaining compare to those past twos.

Will Snyder ever recover?

let's hope so
we need some good movies again

So has Spiderman, yet, he has a successful second reboot series, a successful video game, and his animated movie won an award and is going to spawn sequels.

Are you the same guy that says Bendis is good and should stay at DC?

This truly is the darkest time line...

Captain Marvel costs Disney more money since they have to buy out theaters to inflate the numbers.

Why is Lobo in a Aquaman suit?

I'll never forgive Snyder for fucking ruining Superman. He RUINED him and now it's going to take another decade, at least, before Superman gets another movie. Snyder deserves to be caned for his failure.

Imagine believing this.

He loves dolphins

>They couldn't show Superman's face because DC wasn't sure at the time if Henry was going to reprise the role

It's just so fucking awkward and disjointed and could've been a great moment if it wasn't obviously a body double.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 240K)

They also both made more than Spider-Man and the X-Men but Batman was the first Superhero to make a billion and so far the only one to do it twice. He's just had a few bad films but he'll be back. Superman is unfortunately screwed from what I can see though

user, Snyder didn't ruin shit.

The WB and the writer who helped nolan make his "dark and grittY" movie about a rich wasp in a armored bat themed gimp suit beatring up poor people went in this direction.
Someone has to be the face of the fuck up and it's Nolan.
Now, all we need is for feige to get snyder and tell him to make an Ares movie.

Your girlfriends watch for the dark meat.

It was a solid compromise. Henry wants more money and WB doesnt agree. He's not going to reprise the role. We still get the moment regardless. The audience I was with still loved it.

>I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Nice one, Adam.

Isn't this what you wanted, Yea Forums? You were for years bitching how other characters never get the spotlight and how it's always about A-listers like Batman and Superman. Now that C-listers like Aquaman and Black Panther are highly successful, you bitch that Batman and Superman aren't successful enough.

Yea Forums wanted characters to be successful "as well", not successful "in place of".

Snyder gave plenty of creative input to Aquaman, he personally cast multiple roles for it (like Dafoe, Momoa, Amber) and Wan went to him to ask his opinions while filming the movie. I'd imagine Snyder's pretty happy with Aquaman's success.

>Batman and Superman have all been overexposed and done to death for years. People want new stuff.

It's more that people got burnt out on the recent shitty offerings from DC. If they ignored the DCEU and released "THE DARK KNIGHT RETURNS (Directed by Christopher Nolan)" people would be throwing their money to see it.

Attached: 1560198970065.gif (406x449, 1.4M)

Batman and Superman have like a dozen movies already.

They can't throw out the DCEU because it's had major financial successes with Aquaman, Wonder Woman and Suicide Squad. Matt Reeves can salvage Batman. Shit even Superman can be saved if they actually have him act like Superman. I guess we'll see what happens going forward

>Aquaman gets an adventure movie where he travels the world fighting a bunch of villains and monsters in a colorful, comic book visual style to break the public stigma of him being boring and useless
>Superman gets a de-saturated, confused slogfest for his new film and a sequel where he doesn't even do anything before dying at the end to try and break the public stugma that he's boring and overpowered
>One makes over a billion dollars
>The other is so bad it throws the DC brand into perpetual suspicion about the quality of its future product output
I'm glad for Aquaman, but they should've been doing what his movie did from the start.

Attached: 1517776828737.png (210x190, 72K)

Because they could never decide the correct tone for batman/superman. They made superman wither be campy or dark and gritty when both miss the mark. They made Batman EXTREME campy, little campy, or "realistic". They need to do a detective/conspiracy/crime-thriller batman but make the villain be someone other than the fucking Joker. And superman needs to fight anyone other than lex luthor with emphasis on actually trying to save the city and little guy with a smile more than destroy whole city. Reason Spiderman worked is they actually learned to get the fuck away from the main villain and try new stuff out.

Attached: mad_hatter_by_mattcantdraw-d4yxg0e.jpg (842x595, 75K)

I'm not saying they have to "throw out the DCEU". They're already making DC movies outside of the DCEU, just look at the new Joker movie.

There's literally nothing wrong with pre-JL Superman

Really? Because it ignores pretty much everything from Snyder's movies.

Other than letting his dad die

>Aquaman was so successful it killed any chance of a Namor movie for the foreseeable future
Based Aquachad

Justice League cut a lot of Snyder material and replaced it with Whedon reshoots, ruining Aquaman's scenes in the process.

It couldn't be helped

Cool. All they did was trade an Aquaman movie I didn't watch for a Namor one that I wouldn't watch.

You spelled ruining wrong, it's F-I-X-I-N-G

Well said

Shazam was chalked full of really subtle things throughout the movie, this scene really felt like something from older cartoons, where you never see the upper half of an adult character, to me it seemed like Superman is someone that the kids see as someone to really look up to, sure they have their parents, but in a world with Superman it would understandable that everyone, especially kids, would crane their necks looking up to him. This was driven home for me when I realized that the majority of the story being told are through the eyes of children

To much mobbing. Superman is supposed to be approachable. You never really see Superman stop and talk to the people he's helping. Like in BvS, he shouldn't be floating in the sky during that flood he should be on the roof with his hand on that woman's shoulder reassuring her. He always looked like it was an obligation that he would rather not have. Apart from there Cgi nightmare mouth I actually liked the opening to Justice League where he talked to the kids

This scene where Billy gives the kid a stuffed tiger toy to calm her is the thing I expect superman to do constantly.

>Fixing
>When Whedon's Aquaman is just a generic dudebro

Isn't it shocking that the best DCEU movies were made by people who respected the source material ? They changed some minor details as all adaptations do but they had clear love for the character's

It could have, Snyder and WB just didn’t like the idea of middle Americans being dumb enough to believe “lol, it’s a miracle! Praise god!” and needed to have that moment to further a fucking forgetful story. When the only part of your movie or story is the last half of the third act then you have fucked up.

Like always, people projecting and failing to understand the visual storytelling of BvS.

Honestly it's a shame for all of us when bad DCEU movies fail.

>Snyder and WB just didn’t like the idea of middle Americans being dumb enough to believe “lol, it’s a miracle! Praise god!”

The point was not to draw any unnecessary extra attention to Clark, you fucking moron.

Aquaman and BP were never C listers

So you are considering the final version of Aquaman that isn't in any way relatable to the DC comics version of Aquaman to be a success because it made money.

This is pretty dope.
Fuck the old, overused icons.

I'm not even that user and he's absolutely right. They're B minus on their best day.

>isn't in any way relatable to the DC comics version of Aquaman

But it is. The fuck are you talking about?

It's a fictional story user. They could have handled that tornado scene in so many better ways. The obvious that both Clark and Johnathan go separate ways to save as many people as they can and Johnathan dies in the process. Clark finds his father and he learns that even he can't save everyone and the true value of heroism.
This is what causes Clark to become the Superman we all know and love. Thinking about MoS gets me depressed because with a few minor tweaks here and there they could have really nailed it

Yeah that would have been a lot better

BvS was garbage

Aquaman maybe not but Black Panther was a fucking nobody

He's pissed because DCMU Aquaman isn't blonde.

He should just be happy he's not a waifish woman honestly

>Black Panther was a fucking nobody
Wrong.

>The edgy tatted diversity hire is EXACTLY the same character.

Attached: Pooh thinks you're a moron.jpg (1024x578, 79K)

There's nothing edgy about Mamoa's Aquaman. He's more jovial than comic Aquaman is most of the time

Don't get me wrong. It's nice to see characters get their moments in the limelight, but user's not wrong. They can barely keep a title of his uncancelled in this day and age WITH the movie out.

>There's nothing edgy about Mamoa's Aquaman.

Attached: 1496612094604.jpg (944x368, 126K)

Well, I guess that’s why nobody’s dared make a Hypercrisis thread in weeks.

Comic version of Aquaman has tattoos now. And how is DCEU Artur edgy? He doesn't even have a hook hand for God's sake.

C-listers traditionally can't hold a solo title for long. Priest's run on the other hand sold considerably well for a 90s book.

>Superman's dad dies in the tornado and Superman feels guilty, leading to his journey of self discovery
>He finds the Kryptonian Scout ship and talks to Jor-El. After hearing about Krypton he tells Jor-El about his life on Earth and how he hasn't been living up to his father memory or hopes for him
>"You can honor him, Kal-El" and Jor-El reveals the Superman suit
>Superman smiles and says "He named me Clark"
I'm depressing myself just thinking about what could have been

Attached: 7894867de73cdccb087f74d1896e645f.jpg (578x442, 31K)

Tattoos don’t automatically make someone edgy

>Comic version of Aquaman has tattoos now
Yeah, because the normie movie version does.
>We had a book that didn't suck 25 years ago.
You should be so proud.

Spiderman appeals to the young capeshit consuming audience the best and is pretty flexible

You know what does make you edgy. Having a hook for a hand

Can you please explain why movie Aquaman is edgy?

What was edgy about Momoa's Aquaman exactly? Is it the dark skin? Are you intimidated like a white little cuckold or something?

>Shang-fucking-Chi could become more popular than Green Lantern

Attached: aiportraits_1563712914.jpg (512x512, 20K)

Who isn't more popular than Green Lantern at this point?

Namor

Attached: Hal.jpg (693x924, 251K)

Who?

Exactly

We're currently living in a time where people are obsessed with fan fiction characters and how much money they generate.

>Currently

Right, because society wasn't founded on religion, which is even more absurd.

Fucking hell user. I'm an atheist myself but I think you just tipped your fedora so hard you knocked the earth of it's axis

Of course you think pointing out that most civilization was founded on religion, which exploited people for their labor and money, is "fedora tipping".

I'm sure to you, most of history seems very edgy.

Keep telling yourself that, if it's what you need to get you to sleep at night, but if you simply got a real job and saved money to get yourself out of your mom's basement, you might be able to actually meet a girl and find out that sex is a good way to get a good's night sleep.

Now make them kiss.

Sure, Zach.

Don't you have Netflix money to waste or something?

>quality is more important than name recognition
Wow you don't say.

Supes hasn't had good (movie) writing in 30 years, and people know this by now. I can see why it doesn't make money.

>defending BvS

>>quality is more important than name recognition
No it isn't. Just look at Lion King

I thought movie Aquaman was edgy because our introduction to him was as a depressed alcoholic?

That's literally Iron Man and I don't think that's edgy

>don't like at that evidence, focus on different evidence!
It's not even doing that great.

I figured someone would bring him up and no that's not true.

Our introduction to Iron Man was as a more or less jovial guy who enjoyed selling weapons to the military, he earned his depressed alcoholic characterization and we didn't really get it till the 2nd movie from what I remember. That wasn't an introduction that was the character arc.

To expand on this, as in all situations WB's issue was rushing the movie out.

You should compare evidence you fool. BvS had huge opening thanks to it's brand recognition. It was a terrible film that still managed to make 873mil. If you think brand recognition isn't a major factor in a films success you're a massive twat.

>Cannot refute facts, time for an ad hominem

Classic incel bants.

Thing is though, that's down to Priest being a good writer.

Even then, BP wasn't a A-list character.

Aquaman wasn't an alcoholic, dude just liked a stiff drink after saving someone

BvS had a very attractive premise, Batman and Superman finally being in a feature film together (and in conflict no less) and the additional draw of Wonder Woman on the big screen.

Would have been an easy 1.5-2 billion if it wasn't such a piece of crap.

People thought GotG and Ant-Man would bomb because the general audience hadn't heard of them. Though to be honest there probably won't be an Ant-Man 3.

I said "matters more" not "all that matters" but nice try to rewrite my words.

>DC fans still think Aquaman genuinely earned a billion
You poor pathetic losers are going to feel so stupid when Aquaman 2 bombs

>Though to be honest there probably won't be an Ant-Man 3.
I'd be willing to bet you are wrong.
Look at how Thor, the worst reviewed and middlingly-profitable franchise has taken off.

I'm still waiting for another DC sequel to outperform.
The last one to do so was TDK. And that was a long time ago. Before that, it hadn't happened once.

This so much

Superman NEVER had a bad movie before the evil Snyder got a hold of him

It's still surprising to me that Ant Man probably won't get a third movie because it only made $630 million but Shazam gets like six and it barely got half that

Spider-Man was made cool again by the MCU. People were sick of him as well back when Amazing Spider-Man was still a thing.

The Amazng movies were by-the-numbers wannabe-Raimi films with vastly inferior villains.

The MCU Spidey movies are a fresh break from Raimi's stuff with villains superior to Amaing, and frankly probably even Raimi. (I know that will piss some people off, but Ock was only visually awesome, and Gobby was just corny as fuck).