How did we go from comic-accurate to bayformers?

How did we go from comic-accurate to bayformers?

Attached: celestials mcu.png (1080x1204, 1.45M)

Holy shit

Because fuck you, we can't have nice things

Because the MCU is shit 9 times out of 10

toy companies set the prices

Don't count on concept art. I'm not saying it couldn't get worse, but it could also get better.

>WE WANT BAYFORMERS AUIDENCE

Someone redpill me on the eternals. I understand that they don't like the celestials but what do they do?

>but it could also get better.
no amount of "I'm sorry" will cover your paid posting holy shit

I mean he is right, just look at Yellow Jacket Concept Art

Man that looks so shitty next to the more accurate one. I didn't even care that much when I first saw it but it looks really bad right next to the guardians one like that.

Because Gunn gave a shit.

Gunn.

I want the look of the top but the size of the bottom

>top is from an actual movie
>bottom is a concept art so they could show something at the con

Umh.

One thing is clear. You’re mentally deficient my guy.

Because they are just pre-rpduction artwork, trying out different ideas. Just like how Carol never punches any skrull goons in the artwork released a year before her movie.

>I know better than a company that's made the highest grossing movies in history
Kek.

This unironically
Most normalfags won't give a shit if it's acurate as long as it looks cool.

Sadly this. Normies don't give a shit so long as it tickles them for a couple hours. Case in point, the new Lion King.

calm down its just concept art. concept art is almost always really different from the final thing

Ideally this.

Is that Isaac Clarke?

Different species/varieties

Just read comic books for the best comic book accurate shit you want lmao

Nobody wants original ideas that works beautifully anymore. Poor Ironman suit redesign.

wouldnt the comic accurate ones be more toyable?

they fight the Deviants, another Celestial creation

I would assume so. The OG celestials are such a great design I don't see how the meeting could have gone where somebody convinced a room full of suits that the bottom pic would sell more merchandise.

Because it's Marvel.

I know just the man who can fix this.

Attached: le archetect.jpg (1280x1707, 271K)

Who are the Eternals and what's their thing?

The mcu concept artist are so fucking shit most of the time, 90% of the concepts for carol looked like typical generic sci fi shit that didn’t even resemble anything from the comics, the task master concept also looks terrible

>the task master concept also looks terrible
Ha, yeah just the concept...

Attached: Black-Widow-Set-Photo-3.jpg (600x600, 48K)

To hammer home the fact they are not simply armored giants, they are incomprehensible entities.

Of course there were other ways to do this.

A long time ago - the dates given in the comic vary - the Celestials, cosmic Titans far more powerful than, say, the Asgardians, came to Earth (also lots of other planets), took apes and used them as the basis for new life forms: the Deviants, a failed experiment, the humans, apparently not a failure, although you could have fooled me, and the Eternals, who are basically all Superman, but immortal and with magic powers.

Attached: Kirby.png (1368x959, 2.76M)

>The MCU confused Taskmasters look with Sportsmaster
eh

Are you stupid? Concept art rarely looks like the finished product.
>I understand that they don't like the celestials
I'm not sure where you read that, but that's not true. They're a Celestial byproduct.

Attached: BEED20ABE3694B8FAA658A78110C0E91.jpg (2500x1089, 373K)

I wouldn't call the Deviants a failure, they were bred for conflict and adaptation, so they were definitely ugly and inconsistent but also resilient and big in numbers. Calling them "unstable" isn't a fault of the Celestials but rather a feature of their creation, as to strike a balance.

I ask the same.

Where are you faggots even getting bayformers from this

I don't get it either but it strikes me as massive casualfaggotry. The first thing I saw was Arishem, Nezarr, Gammenon s and Hargen.

mcu needs at least 3-5 movies to maybe get a good design on a character

Looks like a Kamen Rider

Pic-related

Attached: skull2.jpg (1280x720, 47K)

that's a homosex tv tier paladin

Chinese toy sales. Lanky Celestials require less plastic to make.

The one on the far right seems to indicate that we'll at least be getting more dadbod Celestials even if they did shoehorn in Bayformer ones.

They are Jack Kirby after he left Marvel, made New Gods at DC, then went back to Marvel.
They are pretty much the perfect explanation of why there are "gods" and mutants and why a dude can get struck by lightning and get powers rather than fucking die.
The Eternals are from a common ancestor as humanity. They are more or less minor gods created by the same genetic tampering the Celestials did that resulted in humans (and why humans have the potential to be mutants and radioactive super-folk).

Kirby loved the idea of a tribe /pantheonof super beings, Asgardians, Inhumans, New Gods, Eternals and so on.

Eternals have there own version of "mutant" called a Deviant. Deviants look monstrous looking.
Thanos is a Deviant while his father and brother are just regular Titans (Eternals who left Earth to live on Titan)

>complaining about concept art

How much Christian Fundamentalist outrage will this spark within the Flyover States of 'Murrikkka?

Huhh. Well, since the Eternals were apparently created 35,000 years ago in this, they were made from humans, not ape-men.
So long as they don't call the Celestials 'gods' they should be OK.

>Eternals have there own version of "mutant" called a Deviant. Deviants look monstrous looking.
>Thanos is a Deviant while his father and brother are just regular Titans (Eternals who left Earth to live on Titan)

...Not entirely correct. Deviants and Eternals are separate species, one does not come from the other. And Thanos has 'The Deviant gene' or 'Deviant syndrome' but that does not mean he is a Deviant.

I guess sometimes genetics just have a hiccup. Kro, for instance, is a Deviant, but he has lived for thousands of years, like an Eternal.

>I guess sometimes genetics just have a hiccup. Kro, for instance, is a Deviant, but he has lived for thousands of years, like an Eternal.
And Ereshkigal, the goddess of the underworld who's a Deviant, looks like a sexy female human and not an abomination. So yeah, hiccups.

Fuck nostalgiacucks, the Bayformers look alot more visually interesting than another suit-thing with a neat mask. Hope those are in the final film.

Any recommended reading list about Eternals? I wish to dive in into these characters.

shut the fuck up

This reads a lot like fascist garbage. Just replace Deviant with "Jew" and Eternal with 'Aryan" and you've literally got Nazi propaganda.

I doubt these will be the last form because it's too stylized while wanting to be alien (and keep in mind the fog at the bottom of their legs are clouds), but the problem people have with Bayformers isn't that they looked generic, but that you couldn't distinguish them from each other.
It's pretty easy, a reading list was compiled here in this thread . Scroll down a bit and you'll see an extended list, but do not miss the Untold Tales of the Marvel Universe, which I storytimed months ago (and may do so again), which bridges the Kirby's Eternals (disconnected at the moment from continuity) to the rest of the Marvel universe.

Attached: IMG_20180817_113212.jpg (1340x977, 520K)

Or... as I have suspected in the case of Kro and now I have to Ereshkigal to that list... maybe sometimes Eternals get thirsty for Deviant tail.

Yes. 'Eternals'.

The original and the Gaiman series. Ignore everything else. Marvel doesn't really know what to do with these characters. Kirby did not design them with the intention they'd be in the Marvel universe.

Kirby was Jewish and served in the European theater in 1943.

What if this is what they look like under their armors?

and yet the observation remains valid...

The "Bayformers" problem was that they were often jumping around like ninja turtles in the middle of crazy action scenes with shaky camera. They are perfectly understandable when they're, like, standing and talking normally.

The new Bumblebee movie made the art style a bit cartoonier and simpler, and even then, it's still hard to see the robots move around properly in the one scene where the director used shaky camera, so it's clear that even simpler looks can get blurry in the middle of chaos.

Reminder that Celestials can look however they choose.

Attached: 457817-celestials_daniel_acu_a02.jpg (317x640, 39K)

Thanks bros

concept art means nothing you dumb faggots, how can it be almost 2020 and you guys don't realize this. sometimes marvel will change things right at the last minute

they went through like 60-70 mysterio concepts just to see what works, and to mix-and-match, get inspiration for other concepts, etc. it's the design process

Attached: mysterio.png (1352x1768, 3.54M)

Because you're going to see it anyway

>...Not entirely correct.
They are a separate race but there is no actual distinction between a Deviant and one with Deviant Syndrome. The result is the same

I mean, they haven't even started filming yet, they're still filming Black Widow.

Like most of that movie, his appearance was a missed opportunity.

Those are the celestials though......it’s still true to the comics.

They lack the soul of the first few productions. Hiring comic guys like Adi Granov was smart. Even though the first two Iron Man movie suits were more complex than most comic designs, they still looked simple enough. When they just switched to using their own hollywood concept art types, it just became a game of doing a billion overly thought out designs instead of iconic ones. Comic designs are inherently based on having to redraw the design a ton, so details have to be considered as truly needed or not. When you do have a more detailed character, its usually to give them some sort of visual impact seeing them.

>jews
>not ultra fascists
Pick one.

they are chest deep in pre-production, so pre-viz stuff on cgi sequences are probably already in very deep development

Yeah, but Kevin said that they gonna go full on Kirby with that movie, and the top one looks closer to that promise

Darkhawk looks great here

Attached: 98b.jpg (3825x2358, 2.35M)

The MCU always mix and match stuff thats well recieved (for the most part) from all eras, so I think we will get much Kirby-ness, but a dose of newer stuff aswell

art for the canceled Avengers game

The point is they showed these pictures at the last SDCC as Captain Marvel materials and the final product turned out quite differently

This also came out later and part of the Marvel Legends figures for the movie assembled a Kree Sentry, which leads me to believe they were part of the movie at some point and were scraped. I think they'll use the Sentries in the sequel however, as a response to Carol's one woman army. I mean, it fits well, they have plenty of time to prepare for it.
The Celestials from Knauf's run aren't they different from Kirby's to be fair, they're mostly black bodies with strong, colorful bodies emphasizing their lines, which it's mostly artistic licence. Everywhere else they're portrayed the opposite way: colorful robots with black outlines.

Attached: captain-marvel_conceptart_sentries~01.jpg (1280x640, 169K)

>Meanwhile Liberals get offended by Plates at Macy's saying "mom jeans"

Pierce, no! There's no women here to fatten!

MCU is derailing in a hurry now.

Pretty sure that's the Megazord from Power Rangers

Attached: Megazord2017.jpg (640x640, 102K)

Pretty sure the Nazi never thought the Jews were a failed genetic experiment from extraterrestrial gods that look like robots. I might be wrong though.

pretty sure that art had nothing to do with the movies

good, no one should

It was part of the concept art they released later.

Completely forgot this shit even happened.

Honestly I don’t have a problem with the new designs. Even if they end up being the final design (which they won’t) it’s not very bayformers in the first place. They’re more like robot skeletons, gives them a very ethereal and spooky look. I think that fits them but obviously I’d rather have a comic accurate Jack Kirby design.

You can replace the subjects of nearly any sentence that compares two things with “Jews” and “aryans” and it would sound like Nazi propaganda.