Lol

Imagine taking so long to complete something you'd supposedly been planning for years that your publisher had to declare it non-canon and move on without you.

Attached: 81riF5sijWL._SY741_.jpg (482x741, 78K)

I'm just mad DC decided to go with Parts 1 and 2 for trades because of how slow the release for the issues were.

Gary Franks slow as shit

Is it seriously not canon or is that just a meme?

>hype is totally dead
>story is typical Johns trash
>is about to be non-canon
Yikesola

>Imagine taking so long to complete something you'd supposedly been planning for years that your publisher had to declare it non-canon and move on without you
They confirmed at comic con that Doomsday Clock is leading to a 35th anniversary Crisis next year. Its literally what the series is counting down to.

>Another crisis story? What's the crisis?
>Their sales numbers
>DOHOHOHO

Attached: S & R.jpg (300x300, 84K)

It was Franks' fault at first, but now it's all on Johns and Didio.

Snyder said it wasn't in an interview with newsarama, then DC yelled at them, and they edited that part of the interview out

>Its literally what the series is counting down to.
It’s what its counting down to now. Anyone who thinks that was the plan before the delays is a goddamn retard.

I know that. But my point was that it is very much canon.

>Doomsday Clock
HA! I had completely for gotten about this story.

>Issue 10 - Released March 6, 2019
>Issue 11 - September 4, 2019
>Issue 12 - TBD

AHAHAHA! Is the "Doomsday" they're counting down to the day Warners decides to pull the plug on publishing DC comics? I'd understand the delays, then!

gave me a chuckle

What is this series about?

Rorshack 2 meets batman, veidt meets luthor and eventually, Superman met Dr. Manhattan

>12 issue run supposed to be done in a year tops
>we are now 2 years later and it's been delayed yet a-fucking-gain and all other writers just act like the events of doomsday clock aren't happening at all and some flat out say that it exists in its own bubble, verbatim

Stuffing Watchmen into DC. They're using Doctor Manhatten to explain Sliding Timescale

Imitating Watchmen a little too much.

don't you mean superman's fist meets dr. Manhattan's face?

Oh boy, another Crisis. The last one was just so good

>They confirmed at comic con that Doomsday Clock is leading to a 35th anniversary Crisis next year.
Sauce?

Cereal Lord only wants to get paid.
He's only wanted to get paid since approximately 2013 when he realized he could leverage his positions for that - and that he wasn't getting any younger, he was definitely getting balder, and he wasn't getting rich while others were.

Attached: Bitch Only Wants His Money.jpg (575x375, 39K)

I find the fact that you people are still so mad about Doomsday clock highly amusing. So it's late. Big whoop. It happens.

>35th anniversary Crisis next year

Fuck, I hadn't even realized that. CW doing the Crisis crossover where it ends ends in early 2020 just got twice as fun.

You can't blame Frank anymore since shazam also gets delayed out of the ass
Same with his imprint and le 3 jokerz

Why can't marvel do a crisis just once to fix all the stupid shit theyve done, DC has one every five years apparently

Imagine being one of the publisher public faces and straight up admitting to the public that you have zero organization, and ending up shitting on your collegue ongoing event instead of admitting there is no continuity

>IT WAS PLANNED ALL ALONG CAN'T YOU TELL IT WAS ALWAYS THEIR INTENTION ;))))))

C'mon now-

Attached: 1497430742645.jpg (1252x1252, 113K)

Now imagine this selling hundreds of thousands of copies per issue and absolutely blowing out any other comic?

Attached: batgod.png (576x592, 345K)

Based

I guess it's a point of pride that they have an uninterrupted continuity that's lasted for 50+ years, even if they have to ignore parts of it to make new stories work, regardless if they actually work or not.

It was doomed from the beginning.
>No watchmen 2 but some crossover story
>No company wide event
>The starting point of DC-Reboot fell flat and course is changing
Besides Johns isnt a constantly good writer. Dont know if he lost his Mojo?

Attached: Alan Moore on Watchmen movie.jpg (1500x1350, 572K)

Wait, is that from 'Darkseid War', the ultimate expression of "This art deserved a better story"?

remember when this was supposed to be rival to Secret War where "Marvel Brought back a man, DC brought back a god?"

Still canon

I thought the whole point of DDC was that it happens at the end of the 'Rebirth' time-line, so how can the writers act like it never happened if it didn't even happen yet?

>main character is Superman,the Watchmen characters and some OCs
>marketed as a sequel to the most famous Moore's book
>Batman gets to be in the cover for pne issue
>it is selling because of Batman!

Batfags are the worst.

Yes, it's the end of one of the issues where Batman gets Metron's chair. There's even text that says "Batgod."

Don't hate the player, hate the game.

It's not about anything. There's no critical purchase, no through line. Just, hey look it's watchmen characters in random vignettes in the DCU.

Easily Blame Johns because he isn't at the company anymore.
Look at SDCC. None of his projects were mentioned at any panel, and he himself wasn't even there.
There was zero mention of Stargirl at the streaming panel either.

I mean, it could only ever end with making itself non canon

What happened to the Dark Nights: Metal shit?

It's all playing into Justice League
>they met the real world forger, who's cosmic hammer sets off crises
>they reference barbatos a lot
>they are looking for pieces of the power to restore the source wall

>your publisher had to declare it non-canon and move on without you.
Source?

also the legion (just saturn girl) was kinda there

Ah, thank you.