Im asian and lmfao how is shang chi suppose to be important for diversity when its just some bruce lee / liu kang shit...

Im asian and lmfao how is shang chi suppose to be important for diversity when its just some bruce lee / liu kang shit thats been done since racism began lmfao

Attached: C7314BB2-9E24-47FB-93D3-6C8EA2E0DB02.jpg (1300x975, 191K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Z1PCtIaM_GQ
youtu.be/_UvRavszvPY
marvel.com/articles/comics/writer-alyssa-wong-on-welcoming-aero-and-wave-to-the-marvel-universe
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It worked for Black Panther

They don’t care about you, they just want to make other white liberals’s assholes tingle.

They'll do something to "subvert" the stereotype

We unfortunately spent the Iron Fist coin already. Which who gives a fuck? They're not pretending the Netflix shit is important anymore, so I say just crank out a Heroes for Hire filme and be done with it.

Attached: Heroes for Hire, Luke Cage and Iron Fist.png (1280x720, 699K)

They just want more China money you child

Marvel doesn't have any other Asian characters to work with. Kind of their fault.

Yeah but American blacks are idiot's and don't realize their we wuz shit was being subtly mocked. Asians know that Hollywood thinks they all do kung fu

>Since racism began

Attached: 1507950440165.png (327x137, 57K)

Namor will be asian

They'll do something to "subvert" the stereotype

This is going to be a disaster, if you're Asian you should know the action and fights in Marvel movies are all spectacle, noise and explosion. When it's just people fighting its garbage

youtube.com/watch?v=Z1PCtIaM_GQ

Oh yeah? Well I’m DOUBLE Asian and I say it’s the most important movie ever made!

As he should be.

Real answer: Feige wanted to use Iron Fist, but Loeb beat him to it by making Iron Fist Netflix series. I'll just ignore the "MUH DIVERSITY" angle and watch it simply because I like martial arts action movies.

Okay... I guess they could racebend more characters.

Why do people keep repeating this "Namor is an Asian!" shit? When and how did it start?

Like you I am Asian and this sounds great. I just want lucid fight choreography with nice comic book FX.

Why are American Blacks idiots for liking Black Panther? You think Whites don't get stereotyped capeshit roles? Spiderman makes bank off of the reluctant awkward nerdy white kid aesthetic.

Idk, dude just looks Asian.

In one of his earlier runs, he was "impersonating the Japs".

He was quite the sappy jappy.

Squinty fish eyes

Does disdain or embarrassment for seeing a Chinese person using traditional Chinese martial arts often indicate a disdain or embarrassment for traditional Chinese cultures?

Why is an asian character always gotta be some sort of martial arts guy. Fucking cringe and kinda racist.

It reminds mainlanders that traditional chinese culture only exists in Hong Kong and Taiwan.

>They should show what chinks are good are
So you want shang chi to eat dogs and shit on the streets instead?

>Im asian
Sure you are

The most popular black guys from marvel is an african king and a black thug who kills people

Please, shitting on the street is strictly sub-continent behavior.

only because you had the whole educational institution bus every little nigglet to see Black Panther. Not to mention all the white guilt driven charities.

>It's racist now because that allows me to bitch about Marvel and Disney

Sure.

Black Panther was a black power fantasy and the idea of a technologically advanced Africa isn't exactly overdone.
An Asian kung fu movie is blatant China wank which will definitely be successful over here because Marvel but might not be what the Chinese want from an American film.

Counter-point: I'm also asian and I don't give a FUCK about diversity or "muh representation" bullshit, I want to see guys kung fu fighting.

based

they have to wait two years.

I say do Iron Fist solo movies and Heroes for Hire movies simultaenously.

Shang-Chi isnt just a martial artist. His stories are often espionage and Bond-like as well.

As long as we're talking about this movie, can somebody please tell me who the fuck "Awkwafina" is? I hadn't even heard of her about twelve months ago yet all of a sudden she seems to be everywhere.

Attached: 3f2.jpg (341x354, 35K)

Chink here
Awkwafina starred in crazy rich asians
Aparrently I heard over in Yea Forums that the china audience actually disliked it
I can believe them, the movie makes us look like snobs, but I guess it's true that a lot of chinese highrank businessmen/women are selfcentred.
If anyone wants a decent chinese american film, watch joy luck club

Guess, people can't really say anything now, after the shit they pulled with Iron Fist.

Shut up chink and go back karate chopping some planks.

>shang chi
>not casting jackie chan as iron fist while chris tucker as luke cage
BLUNDER OF THE FUCKING CENTURY

>Im black and lmfao how is Black Panther suppose to be important for diversity when its just some savage African shit thats been done since racism began lmfao

Attached: what do you mean by you people.png (1275x717, 538K)

On the Yea Forums thread she's the female lead. PLEASE, tell me she is NOT Leiko-Wu?

>just crank out a Heroes for Hire filme and be done with it.
they need to design a modern superhero costume for Luke first
T-shirt and jeans is just stupid

How is Bruce Lee racist?

>Im asian
>doubt
But yeah for some inscrutable reason Asians, specifically lighter skinned Asians have become the new pet minority that has to be pushed and whose inclusion is a diversity milestone.

Especilly the male ones being manly in some way. I personally don't really get it, just because of how much Korean/Japanese/Indonesian media I consume, but Asian masculinity is apparently a fucking issue.

Meanwhile in MMA Sexyyama was making midwest dude bros question their sexuality.

It's either martial arts or computers.
Seeing a yellow man mash on a keyboard isn't as impressive as seeing a yellow man kick someone in the face.

it's looking like she will be Leiko Wu. Either that or Fah Lo Suee (but I think that's caught up in legal issues like Fu Manchu)

Cant really see the casting fit tho

Does the actor know any martial arts? And more importantly, who are they gonna hire for the choreography? I'm gonna predict its gonna suck either way. Martial arts movies are better left in the hands of Hong Kong films. MCU's hand to hand fighting sucks

Someone like Gemma Chan would have make more sense that Awkwafuckingfina!

>in the hands of Hong Kong films.
Eh. Their heyday isn't over but the scene has kind of stagnated no?

What would you prefer?

Hong Kong cinema in general had a pretty steep decline after it was handed back to the Chinese in the late '90s.

Because if you make a white character martial arts expert people will yell racism.

I have no idea what you just said

>Because if you make a white character martial arts expert people will yell racism.
The MCU is not all media.

War Machine and Sam Wilson have been pretty popular fictional characters for a while,

Black Panther was stunning from a casting and creative standpoint, as it sought explicitly to empower that oft under-represented demographic.

Sometimes it’s cool to see a bit of yourself in the characters on screen even if it’s not necessarily representative of the culture you hold. Why? Cause it’s surprisingly rare. Heck I still find it crazy to believe Ben Kingsley played Ghandi in the biopic and did so faithfully and with respect, but whitewashing happens. So yeah it’s nice to take a moment to appreciate appropriate casting.

Plus, Kung-fu is fun

Their highest profile Asian hero is probably Psylocke, who is a mess for obvious reasons

Also there's all the catchup they've been doing in that market for the last few years. Chulk, Kamala Khan, all the new characters and Future Fight expies they shat out recently that they canonized like Luna Snow, White Fox, and Crescent, then there's Aero and Wave and all those other chucklefucks.

And they racebent Blink to Asian, which no one seems to mind desu

>tfw theres going to be a scene where the martial arts guy beats the much bigger steroid juiced dummyhead who swings huge haymakers at him

either that or they're gonna pull an ip man 2 where western (or modern) martial arts are represented by a big angry muscle guy but gets beat by the kung fu guy

They better use the guy from the comics who had nunchakus in his hair.

They can change any white character to Asian

Hey fuck you, I like the yellow shirt

Chink men are the lowest class citizens there. Just read manga instead. Amerimutt comics are for white gays and feminists.

>Yea Forums
Okay yes, I didn't want to believe it but it's true, they've invaded and there's nothing we can do about it.

I literally just went over there to see their take on the Marvel news. Nothing much to see.

And that's the weirdest part of it. Did their mod kick everyone out or something? Are their MCU threads getting moved here or something?

What, would you prefer a movie about a japanese superhero that invades China and rapes all the females? Or perhaps, a movie about a superhero that eats dogs, kills baby girls, polute the planet for profit and works 20/7 would be more of your liking?

>Or perhaps, a movie about a superhero that eats dogs, kills baby girls, polute the planet for profit and works 20/7 would be more of your liking?
Tom King's Batman run might've gone too far in a few places.

How is Kung Fu any more stereotypical than American heroes being able to headshot everyone with a pistol while diving/rolling/leaning out of a moving car?
95% of white American heroes are trick-shot/master marksmen who can take down 13 uzi-armed terrorists with a glock.

Attached: 1502299146088.png (464x502, 327K)

Endgame surpassing Avatar probably broke something important at Yea Forums.

If you adjust for inflation Avatar is still the eternal NUMBER 1

They also ceded all control of Big Hero 6 to Disney and racebent the hell out of it.

If you adjust for inflation Avatar isn't even the #1 James Cameron movie of all time.

Retard, if you adjust to inflation Gone With the Wind is the number one.
Salty idiot.

I think they were trying to go for a cinematic universe, or at least some sequels to Big Hero 6, but it didn't make as big of a profit as Disney expected.

Asian-americans love things that are asian-lite, meaning they like things that allude to weeb culture or asian values while also having an American cultural context. The fact that big hero 6 isn't popular among that demographic definitely means it failed to hit a mark. You can't have just 1 main asian, you have to have multiple so they don't feel awkwardly token.

I want to think that there's a timeline where all the Wakanda stuff is tied to Coming to America

Attached: p10915_v_v8_ab.jpg (960x1440, 302K)

youtu.be/_UvRavszvPY

Dude is FUCKED after calling out a well renowned "martial artist" and winning. But he's not backing down.

>Future Fight
>canon

Attached: 1549269835467.jpg (256x256, 20K)

Thanks to the Shogun, now it is. Aero, Sword Master and others in Agents of Atlas are now part of Marvel comics.

Attached: 1511913742303.jpg (984x518, 329K)

shang chi means shiny chin

>awkwafina
why does her name sound like aquafina?
>She has released two studio albums, Yellow Ranger and In Fina We Trust.
oh, she's appropriating afro-american culture by spelling things like a retard

>im asian but

Asians were badly mangling the English language since forever, user.

Attached: kim_jong_il_team_america1.jpg (700x377, 61K)

This is definitely not a hill you want to die on.

>When she’s not fighting mysterious giant golems with her wind powers, Aero is the Shanghai-based architect Lei Ling, who sometimes just wants to have dinner with her boyfriend in peace. Written by Zhou Liefen with art by Keng and adapted by Greg Pak, Ling discovers that her civilian life might be as perilous as her Super Hero life!

>Meanwhile, in a story co-written by Pak with first-time Marvel writer Alyssa Wong alongside artist Pop Mhan, Agents of Atlas teammates Aero and Wave test the limits of their powers while beginning to unravel the mystery of Wave's origin and the strange ties that she shares with Aero...

>So, as we continue to get to know two of the most buzzed-about heroes in recent Marvel memory, Aero and Wave, let's also take some time to meet their writer, Alyssa Wong!

marvel.com/articles/comics/writer-alyssa-wong-on-welcoming-aero-and-wave-to-the-marvel-universe

Attached: 1542842846629.jpg (745x988, 470K)

They want their 'Black Panther' moment.

It is pretty impressive how good Marvel's marketing is, they can convince people another kung fu movie is original because it's "diverse"

SJWs regularly erase history and even the very recent past so they can keep hyping more diversity that's already been done before. Captain Marvel was made out to be a very big deal as if Wonder Woman had never existed.

That's all he needs

>Plus, Kung-fu is fun
Yeah but i can choose 100 different other Kung-fu movies to watch.

Eh, this is one of the movie genre's they haven't really done before.

So, has this guy been in anything before, or is he completely fresh?

He's Marvel's first Asian lead in a stand-a-lone franchise. So, there's that.

So, what the r/AsianMasculinity consensus on this?

This

White action heroes are modern cowboys who can kill seven people with six bullets

Black action heroes are all some variation on Shaft and/or Shaft

Asian action heroes are all the greatest hand to hand fighters known to man

Attached: ITAimage.jpg (512x384, 18K)

As an Asian and Yea Forums user Shangchi looks lame as ass. As a matter of fact i dont really like him. Nigga just seem like some generic character stepped out from China 's wuxia / fighting novel with retarded as fuck spandex

This is something for the Amurifat to shlick themselves to, right?

Ben Kingsley is half Indian. His real first name is Krishna ffs.

This desu

>Black Panther was stunning from a casting and creative standpoint, as it sought explicitly to empower that oft under-represented demographic.
every single thing that comes out of hollywood is to empower black people, they really aren't under represented at all

Nigga we've seen nothing so far

> important for diversity
it isn't, but we barely get kungfu movies anymore in the west so I welcome it. And its not like those brucelee movies were negative anyway.

SJWs are the biggest racists of all.

>Sometimes it’s cool to see a bit of yourself in the characters on screen
You can "see" a bit of yourself in anyone if you have empathy. Seeing yourself only on a surface level is shallow and conceited.

>Eh, this is one of the movie genre's they haven't really done before
Like in a MCU? Yeah i guess but i still know that it will never be nothing like Enter the Dragon.

Truly that timeline is a paradise.

fuck them, /r/hapas is where it's at.

>Seeing yourself only on a surface level is shallow and conceited.
So basically every black person that liked Black Panther.

Attached: max lord pleased.jpg (208x275, 21K)

You're creating an issue that isn't there. People like seeing things that reminds them of themselves. That's true of any race with any form of media. Saying people can't have empathy just because they may hold a higher opinion of a character that's more familiar than not is a ridiculous argument. The two aren't mutually exclusive.

>they don't care about you

1. Nobody is entitled to be 'cared about', whether it be by a giant corporate entity like Disney or an independent content creator.
2. The two things I just said that aren't your bitch boys to create whatever you want, have been making movies, shows and games with straight white males as the leads for literally the past 100 years. No, I'm not saying that demographic is the ONLY group that has been appealed to, but you can't deny the overwhelming majority of content up until roughly 5-8 years ago has been DOMINATED by white males. So for you to bitch about it being different now because those bigger companies see the opportunity for profit (which is ultimately all they care about) by appealing to more demographics like Asian people, black people, gays etc.

And like I said, all the big companies care about is their bottom line. They don't actually serve an ideology, however, yes, they'll 'pander' to them to get money from them, just like they've been doing to white men for literally ever. If anything you should be happy you don't have to give them money now? Instead of bitching about it 24/7, just don't give them money?

It matters to desperate Chinese-Americans and it's pure virtue signaling. Pretty sure China just makes their own movies if they want representation so badly.

He does a killer Jap impersonation.

Attached: Sappy Jappy.jpg (787x767, 185K)

>If anything you should be happy you don't have to give them money now? Instead of bitching about it 24/7, just don't give them money?
Now watch as they say something like
>"These movies now will tank because they stopped caring about their primary consumer, which is us white men; nobody else consumes comic books"
Basically admitting that they've been pandered to for decades and now they're mad companies are pandering to other demographics.

I'm going to throw this out there.
Luke Cage will get a new look.
The yellow shirt from the 70s stays. He's wearing steel-toe linesman boots. Complete it with a kilt. A fucking kilt. No underwear. Luke Cage and his big buddy running riot on crime.

And knee pads.

Sorry OP , but whenever a sentence begins with "I'm *insert minority here* and...", I pretty much dismiss whatever comes out of their mouth next because I know it will be some bullshit. Especially when I'm on this board. It's a reflex.

One of the best things about BP is how it brings out the seething impotant rage from a certain cross section of faggot ass nerds. Stay mad.

Black Panther is African power fantasy that appeals to both Africans and liberal Whites

Shang Chi isnt the same, his status as a character has as much to say towards Chinese or even Asian Americans as Thor does towards Scandinavians

Nothing wrong with that but Asian Kungfu man is cliche
Kung Fu movies aren't even popular anymore either

He's getting a movie cause Marvel has no Asian characters who aren't even more exploitative then him

Im willing to give it a chance
Asian Americans and Chinese (good government) interests are far to divided for them to make something that deep in either culture but still very modern

Don't question. Just consume product and be excited about next product.

Hell yeah, I'm totally going to see the new Terminator movie to stick it to those incels! Who's with me?

Not at all different to "I'm going to support this indiegogo and push it to 500K to stick it to the libs" and "let's do the #AlitaChallenge, fuck toe fungus!"

You jest, but that's how things will be like in a few years. Partisan entertainment.

Crazy Rich Asians is basically as exploitative as it could get in the 21st century. It highly appeals to non Asians (especially white Californians) who see a lot of rich Asians
I mean it's not exactly racist, but it's not really a story made to appeal to Asians

>But it was written by Asians
Yeah Asians would never try to use their culture to make money off other races!

Cultural sellouts exist anywhere

To me this is a movie based on T'Chaka's biography.

He's a spy. It was a spy book.

To me it felt like a tourist ad for rich people. Their portrayal of Thailand was surreal, as in entirely idyllic in a way regular folks will never experience. And that, to someone like me who lives in a third world country, was a huge disconnect that made me enjoy the movie less.

I feel like Asian-American/ Western Asians never achieve "representation" until they star in a movie where they bang a white actor/actress

Indian/Pakis had no representation in western films. Suddenly that Nanjiani guy stars in a rom com and it's suddenly achieved. No representation for Mindy Kaling until she started pushing her tongue in white men's throats.

But Shang Chi is a hapa so he just needs to smooch with Wanda and diversity is further achieved once again.

Not just half Indian but specifically half Gujarati, the same ethnic group as Ghandi.

No.

The Shang Chi equivalent of would've been if Black Panther was born in Harlem and his power was being better with guns than everyone else.

Shang Chi is basically any Chinese kung fu movie ever.

>Asian Americans and Chinese (good government) interests are far to divided for them to make something that deep in either culture but still very modern

that's what Shang-Chi's movie is going to be thematically hitting on. Shang will be Asian American and his father pure Chinese.

Shang-Chi ain't American though. He was born in China and later worked for the British.

They changed his father so what else could they change

Shang-Chi's comics from the 70s are probably better than the manga you read

yes I know that. But the movie version is clearly changing him to Asian American/Asian Western. They've said it multiple times.

>might not be what the Chinese want from an American film.
They do like Marvel though over there, so there's brand recognition at least.

So they don't want to have him be from China. He's not even going to be from Hong Kong? They can't put that little effort in?

Attached: iu1.jpg (610x405, 32K)

man you chinkies think anyone cares, how adorable

he's kung-fu because that's what I want to see as a honkey, and it's also what you azns constantly produce movie-wise

what the fuck do you want, him to fly with a cape? for iron man to be an asian dude? go fuck yourselves, seriously

ALL THESE CHARACTERS ARE 50 YEARS OLD, you should've known this was all the asian superhero shit you were ever going to get

>Kung Fu movies aren't even popular anymore either
And that needs to be fixed.

Blame the studios for becoming complacent and not producing bangers anymore.

>for iron man to be an asian dude
Not specifically Iron Man, but I'm too used with an Asian superhero wearing a power armor like Kamen Rider.

Can't have a big blockbuster movie these days without being called racist for not casting a black person in it.

>Kung Fu movies
>Effected by that
This nigga.

Maybe wait and see to find out... Dumb ass.

it'll be tied to tony stark so it'll emphasize chinese science and it'll be great fucking ching chongs shut up

Because he looks like Japanese Leonard Nimoy

Cho becomes the new Iron Man

>i'm shitter in the streets but a dog eater in the sheets

The blacks and woke whites are unset with Mulan for not having a black person voice a dragon that wouldn't be in the film.

>Disney's Mulan
Sweet fucking Jesus. Do you think the MCU and Disney are all films?

I only now caught up with the comic con circus and it honestly had me looking forward to this. Mcu is at its best with unknown properties ( I still haven't watched Spider-Man: Away From Tony ) and if they play with the international kung fu man of mystery I'm game. Also, I laughed when Feige introduced the movie with the real mandarin bits scattered though their properties, because I remember you fucks passing off All Hail the King as a footnote. Feige's autism was too powerful for him to let this slide.

No they aren't, faggot

Same, but generally Japanese superheros haven't been in manga since the days of Ishinomori. They're usually live action TV shows, with gimmicks for the kids and cute actors for the stay at home moms

But i like hood movies and i am not black.

But what about if studio panders to blacks but there is still white people who like those movies? I personally like those 70s blackexploitable movies.

>watch crazy rich Asians
>all the flips are the help
Empowering

I'm pretty confident that they'll reboot Daredevil, Iron Fist, Luke Cage and Punisher within a few years. They seem to be really pushing into the cosmic and mystical stuff with Phase 4, maybe Phase 5 will have a "grounded" theme with more street-level heroes. Probably all new actors, which is a shame because I loved Cox, Bernthal and Colter. Maybe keep Cox just so fans don't riot.

They should do a movie about how Asians come from the San people of South Africa.

Attached: sansouth.jpg (183x275, 9K)

Well, we can have an Asian guy do it and please the people looking for diversity...

Or we can have another DragonBall Evolution and have some white dude chewing up the scenery.

Pretty sure nobody wants the latter, sooooo...

Attached: 1561499747166.gif (250x250, 393K)

>Didn't blip
>Graduated so wasn't in Far From Home
>High chance of returning next movie already bitten

Attached: downloadfile-3.bin (2).png (789x743, 699K)

I remember when bruce lee started racism.
Do you?