Which Spider-Man comics should I read? I think he is like my favorite super hero

Which Spider-Man comics should I read? I think he is like my favorite super hero.

Attached: 5cb7a9497bbc9.jpg (1214x697, 50K)

Other urls found in this thread:

corecommendedcomics.fandom.com/wiki/Spider-Man
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Start at the beginning.

Is there a release order guide or something?

There are plenty of images with recommended Spider-Man stories.

yeah, it goes:
issue 1
issue 2
issue 3
and so on in that order

If you're just into modern comics, the 2000-2011 series Ultimate Spider-Man which retells Peter's early years is probably for you. It's solid and there's lots of it.

If you're cool reading "Silver/Bronze Age" (60s-80s) comics, then start with Amazing Fantasy 15/Amazing Spider-Man 1 and go from there. Amazing Spider-Man is really solid, one of the best ongoings through various creative teams, especially Lee/Ditko and Lee/Romita. Spectacular Spider-Man and Marvel Team-Up, his series from the 70s, are pretty solid as well. Reliably fun.

The original Amazing Spider-Man run is currently being reprinted in Epic Collection volumes and they're a great value. They're up to volume 4 (#67) with volume 5 coming out early next year.

Attached: spiderinthesnow.jpg (300x319, 24K)

Amazing Fantasy #15, Amazing Spider-Man #1-149, #200-300 #400 and stop at the funeral, JMS' run (stop at #508) Spectacular Spider-Man #100-200, Web of Spider-Man #1-32. MC2 Spider-Girl.

There’s a million guides, just google it. A lot of people start with Ultimate Spiderman Which is a modern retelling of his his most famous stories in an alternate universe.

stop telling people to read Bendis comics

Don't read Ultimate Spider-Man it's shit.

Attached: peter-parker-loves-mary-jane-the-amazing-spider-man-vol.-2-50-4.jpg (988x1500, 1.19M)

Ultimate spiderman
Spider island
Maximum carnage
Spider verse
New ways to die
Miles Morales (all of it).

Also recommend Untold Tales of Spider-Man (stories inbetween early Lee/Ditko comics)

Attached: [palpable disgust].png (337x334, 172K)

I fucking said stop telling people to read Bendis comics you gay faggot

I'm not a huge fan of it either but it's plenty of people's preferred jumping on point so I'm not going to not mention it to a newbie, bud.

Attached: 1222560466068.jpg (137x147, 7K)

Don't read this shit either. Avoid Slott and Bendis like the goddamn plague.

Attached: RmYQxhU.jpg (1262x1920, 729K)

One More Day
The Clone Saga
Superior Spider-Man
Sins Past

You don’t need to read the comics. Just watch >Captain America:Civil War
> Avengers Infinity War
>Avengers EndGame
>Spider-Man homecoming
>Spider-Man Far from Home
to get a satisfying Spider-Man fix.

>I think he is like my favorite super hero
>never readed a comic before
>likes MCU shit
Kill yourself, scum.

Attached: 1441985497465-2.png (400x400, 20K)

corecommendedcomics.fandom.com/wiki/Spider-Man

I remember a time when baiting took actual effort, not whatever this shit is supposed to be.

Good list, ignore anything made before one more day.

This, but unironically.
Seriously, 616 Peter has been shat on endlessly by hack writers. Why should anyone bother with the comics at this point?

Ultimate Spider-Man is shit. Read Romita Jr's run up to when Stracyznski takes the story onwards with the Stacy twins story.

Anything Strac does (besides Babylon 5, although that's a...bit of an exception) is shit.

But Shathra is best girl. Can't deny her mutant-insect dark vortex goth mommydom fetish.

Attached: Shathra.jpg (582x545, 84K)

Ultimates is good bendis though

And we wonder why the movies don't bring in more new readers...

Attached: 24340-3519-27095-1-web-of-spider-man_super.jpg (400x626, 92K)

What the the fuck are you high, those were awful

Joke post. Avoid anything after One More Day, those don't count

Then suggest Marvel Adventures or the OG Lee/Ditko run.

Attached: 1560494863154.jpg (1301x2000, 1.41M)

Until Peter dies.

I don't wan't new readers. Everything that is new is always bad too.

>616 Peter has been shat on endlessly by hack writers
Just say Slott.

>Marvel Adventures
You are a man of refined taste.

No it isn't you casual faggots
You just haven't read real Spider-Man comics

I... did suggest the Lee/Ditko run? All the way down in my 2nd pg.

And you're right, Marvel Adventures is awesome. If OP can find it, they can read both and judge for themselves!

I'm not even a fan of Ultimate but it was at least decent for the most part when Peter was alive.

Whatever you say, chief.

Attached: 1250296405596.jpg (490x311, 35K)

Name a single decent story

Comics are convoluted messes that no one actually ENJOYS reading. The MCU films are beloved and have billions of fans. The comics are only read by shelter nerds and the two worst types of people:SJWs and Alt-Right nerds. There’s no passion in them

First of all,Marvel makes more money as a film studio then as a comic book publisher. Second, Spider-Man is one of the most popular and mainstream heroes on earth, of course people know and love him without reading the comics, you stupid nerd.

‘It’s not bait, but the truth. The MCU films are great. You should give them a watch someday.

Careful, there's some Bendis on that list, that one guy might sperg out

Weirdly enough I liked Death of Spider-Man, there's that one Ultimatume tie-in where the picture of JJJ calling Spider-Man a hero comes from and the Clone Saga was better than the mess that 616 has.

Oh right sorry.

I can't tell a wiki they're a retard with shit taste, but I can tell you

You are trying WAY too fucking hard.

We have this thread a lot, and the consensus is usually start at the beginning. The stories still hold up, and are consistently good until the 90s. If you absolutely can't stand the old stuff, Ultimate Spider-Man is basically a more modern reboot that is a pretty good entry point. If you're looking for a shorter self contained story, check out Spider-Man Blue.

>that no one actually ENJOYS reading
That's true. Nerds have been doing nothing but to bitch and moan about comics for at least 30 years now. It's like people only read comics to get angry

I think OP needs to look up Comrade Rec's recommendations.

>complaining about bad comics means that no one likes comics
Good job retard.

Okay, have fun spending years reading boring stupid stories that only people without a life recognize. I’ll spend a few hours watching good movies, feel happy, and then be able to move on.

Attached: BDDA07A3-DC40-46B0-AF68-930F91CBD93D.jpg (700x875, 133K)

Ignoring the fact that I recommended USM only if OP isn't used to reading Silver Age comics and therefore would find ASM potentially a turn-off...

What were the first Spidey comics you read, sport? Did you start with the masterpieces? Or did you read some accessible but so-so Spidey comics that intrigued you enough to find the great stuff? I'm betting it's the latter since that's how most of us found the really good shit.

Attached: spiderman3_venom.jpg (600x264, 17K)

This is the most reddit Yea Forums post I've ever seen.

Nerd was supposed to be a offense? Kill yourself, fucking casual. Where do you think you are? Why are you even here? This shit is a COMICS board not a AWFUL movies board.
If you never read a comic, go to /r/MCU or to your facebook, uncultured swine.
I can see your face. I bet my car that you a manlet with overweight and glasses.

Okay, I will start with Amazing Fantasy #15. The thing is I know that Spidey appears in other comics like Fantastic Four and all of that so I wanted to ask if they are necessary.

>proceeds to post shit normalfag meme
You sure got me, it's not like I stop reading shit runs and use my time in something else.

Ultimate Spider-man if you want teenage Peter written in modern style.

Starting with Amazing Fantasy will either be the best thing ever or completely unreadable, depending on your stomach for the old writing style.

I would also highly recommend pointing and laughing at the people who get mad when someone recommends Bendis.

Attached: morty.png (396x396, 277K)

Mantis and Nebula are the only good ones. Scarlet Witch just looks like a bootleg prostitute. If Sif were around instead of junkie Valkyrie, she'd go up there too.

But this is a Spider thread, so I'm only saying that to get it out of the way.

>Ultimate Spider-man if you want teenage Peter written in modern style.
Just read Marvel Adventures if you want that.

I started by picking up a comic and reading it
But if I asked somebody what the best comic to start with was, I would hope they weren't a stupid nigger and wouldn't tell me to read Bendis' dogshit comic books.

According to Yea Forums every single comic ever is bad and every writer, from Moore and Morrison to King and Millar, are hack frauds

Black Cat puked on Peter because she figured out he was underage.

Good call, OP. Nah, the early Marvel comics really didn't cross over in the same way the MCU movies do. There was some crossover but you can read one series straight through and sometimes characters will guest star, but there's no need to read multiple series.

Not really but also if you want another good Marvel book to read the Lee/Kirby FF was killer. Good choice by the way.

Attached: 1559326844807.gif (500x750, 916K)

mah nigga

Attached: 1211736839300.jpg (500x728, 166K)

Never heard anyone call my favorite comic writers hack frauds.

Agreed. Also the Lee/Kirby Thor and Lee/Kirby/Steranko SHIELD and the Lee/Kirby/Ayers Strange Tales and Sgt. Fury and Lee/Kirby/Steranko/Colan Cap.

In other words, I've yet to read any Silver Age Marvel that wasn't ridiculously fun and mind-blowing in some way or other. Dive in, OP.

>Scarlet Witch just looks like a bootleg prostitute
Well,hopefully for Phase 4,Disney gives her a more magic-y outfit.

And you are a gigantic faggot that can't differentiate criticism and shitposting apart.

>Not talking about Simonson's run on Thor

Attached: Thor.png (600x418, 473K)

The 80's isn't the Silver Age, hoss.

What's wrong with Ultimate other than buzzword surname man?

It's good shit just not Silver Age shit.

Nothing really, it's one of his better works

Read it yourself and you will know. The only good thing that came out was the game.

Attached: how do we stop him.png (580x885, 894K)

Yeah whatever. Sif and Hela are best Marvel girls anyway.

Attached: Hela.jpg (584x497, 161K)

What I'm saying is that it's not from that time period we are talking about.

>my favorite super hero
Marvel's Batman? Oh, you poor thing.

That would be Moon Knight, I think.

His arm looks like a macaroni noodle wtf

Okay, well here's a question that's probably stupid and gonna get me some flak.
So I'm a physical media whore who hates digital and likes actually owning stuff I can keep on my shelf. What collections should I get? I mean that in the sense of; what releases or rereleases are best? I'm not really a fan of owning individual comic books and prefer collections in the style of TPBs, omnibuses, shit like that. Stuff that has a bunch comics collected into one big nice book I can read in one sitting if I want to. That's my shit.
I'm a big, big, big Spider-man fan who pretty much learned to read from the OG Steve and Stan run, I love that shit.
So given all that, what would you recommend for me? Doesn't have to be Steve and Stan or that style, I just like good comics.
No Slott

Attached: D_hfp5bXoAE-W-K.jpg (1200x489, 103K)

Superior and ANAD Spider-Man.

Superior Spiderman
Or todd mcfarlane Spiderman

Avoid Bendis Spiderman and Morales Spiderman like the plague

>No Slott
>This answer
On one hand I'm mad you suggested this, on the other hand, I would have probably done the same.

Attached: 1556697059216.png (440x354, 307K)

You walked right into it.

I really did.

Any cover where you see the black suit

Attached: black_cat.jpg (825x464, 29K)

You should read Ditko's Doctor Strange. It overused Mordo as a villain but otherwise it's the wildest silver age comic artistically speaking

Art sucks and it's just generally inferior to Ditko & Romita, plus it has to coexist in a universe with awful 2000s edgelord characters in the other Ultimate line comics

First three Omni + the Goblin/Gwen Stacey dies Epic collection. Thats the first 125 issues. After that, anything at all from the 70s & 80s

Someone explain why to avoid the Ultimate run

I don't think you should avoid it, but you should definitely stop reading once Peter dies.

They completely ruin the gravity of his death when it’s revealed that a clone took his place.

And it didn't even do anything major before the Ultimate universe got wiped from existence.
It's infuriating considering that Ult Peter good a pretty good death.

Attached: death of spider-man.jpg (600x910, 121K)

>Comics are convoluted messes that no one actually ENJOYS reading
Oh so you're retarded

>First of all,Marvel makes more money as a film studio then as a comic book publisher
Marvel makes $0 off the movies

>‘It’s not bait, but the truth. The MCU films are great.
Aside from a stand out few, they're exceptionally mediocre.

>thinking you need to read literally everything

Just grab shit that looks interesting and read it you dumb faggot.

>spend a few hours watching good movies
You say 'good movies' but all you posted so far was irredeemable shit from MCU

This. You pretty much need to read from ASM #1. He never really got retconned or Crisis'd. Everything from the 60's-now is canon.

Her jacket is obscuring part of it so the bend looks really weird

Surprised this thread got so many replies, Yea Forums usually hates people asking where to start with comics.

>Art sucks

>Shittalking Bagley

Yea Forums hates Bendis so much that any artist who works with him is now bad.

The Spidey run by Thompson is my favorite

Amazing Spider-Man Masterworks v1-v20

People love Spidey.

>I think

Stop that.

You'll only hurt yourself.

This is the hero that you need and the hero that you deserve.

Attached: Trump's Space Force (2019).jpg (695x1036, 175K)

Other than Maximum carnage the rest of that shit is pure vomit

Those Charles Vess covers for Web of were coolio.