Why do people love Spider-Man 2 so much?

Why do people love Spider-Man 2 so much?

Attached: Spider-Man 2.jpg (817x978, 316K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ffAl6oCtJNc
youtu.be/RWJQR6SNMF8
youtube.com/watch?v=0TvKsVxgbF4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Boomers trying to latch on to something before SJWs. Why do you think they spam these Raimi Nazi memes nonstop?

Pretty good screen version of iconic Spider Man story.
What story i mean, MCUck? Do you even read comics? Tell me what story. Let me test you.

What?

It's probably the best Spider-Man movie, as sad as that is.

Because it's genuinely a great movie. This scene with Bruce Campbell is pure kino.
youtu.be/ffAl6oCtJNc
The hell are you smoking, boy?

FFH, Homecoming and ITSV are way better, no matter what nostalgiafags say.

no blacks

It really only takes Raimi to say something about this movie in a SJW positive way for people to quickly turn against it

>Homecoming
>

A good film, a meaningful sequel that built upon the first. A pretty faithful adaptation of spider-man elements with enough new stuff or remixed things to not be a boring 1 to 1 copy. Good action, Memorable dialogue. Good villain design with understandable motivation. There's a reason it was hailed as the best capeshit film until recently.

It would be hard, tho. The movies have no people of colour, no gays and all the women are useless.

Sam Raimi is jewish, man. People love this movie beyond the memes. You should see the interviews in the Behind of Scenes of the Spider-Man trilogy, he was really passionate about the project.

>A pretty faithful adaptation of spider-man elements
lol

No they aren't.

the black guy calling out spider-man for stealing pizza was based though.

This.

It's a proper super-hero movie, filled w/ crazy action scenes, great effects, & funny moments. People also like the little bit of cheesiness in it.

Spider-Man as a character has a lot that endears him to people & the movie delivered what people like about the character they also did a good job at making his crazy awesome villains, cheesy jokes, & athletic & jumpy fighting style work. There are also some pleasing scenes for action fans. The cinematography was quite pleasing as well.

Doesn't matter people look for things to hate these days. People don't watch movies or shows to be entertained anymore they do them to feel Superior to the people that don't like the show or movie

Its the second best Spider-Man story.

Every Spider-Man movie is worse than the one that came before it. Prove me wrong, you literally can't.

Spider-Verse was pretty cool, but that was animation so it doesn't count.

>continues the themes from SM1 in new ways
>Peter's struggle with picking what's best for all over what's best for him
>a villain that's just as memorable as Dafor's Goblin with just as interesting a turmoil
>greatest adaptation of comic book Peter Parker to this day
>J. Jonah's laugh
I don't know, you tell me.

Attached: Doctor_Octopus.jpg (1527x1806, 1.43M)

Because it's a good movie.

Are you okay?

It was fun, Peter had a great character arc, good villain, it didn't necessarily adapt anything from the comics, but the writers still had the brilliance to capture everything that made the characters.

I love that poster. Back then, Spider-Man 2 felt like the greatest blockbuster of all time.

I can't describe how cool it was to see the first teaser poster they released for Spiderman 2, the one you could see Doc Ock in the reflection of Spidey's mask eye thing.

Great casting
iconic scenes
stellar choreography

Attached: pider.jpg (640x480, 45K)

based? on what exactly? irony?

>pider
Are you russian?

He was a random guy who got selected to appear in the movie. He did a decent job.

This.
Also some of the best, most inventive action ever put in a superhero film. It still holds up.

Remember that scene where Dr Ock doesn't know Peter is Spider-man but throws a car at him?

It successfully hits a lot of notes the average person wants from a superhero movie.

What was wrong with it?

>What was wrong with it?

absolutely nothing. I don't watch spiderman but if I had to watch one film Spiderman 2 would be my first pick.

No you, what fucking story do you mean Doc Ock's first appearance?

Nostalgia is a hell of a drug

Octopus is a retard, MJ is a bitch, May's inspiring speech is good but heavy handed to the point you'd think she knows Peter is Spider-Man and
>erectile dysfunction allegory

I disagree but I think all are good movies and I can see where someone would enjoy one over the other.

Mysterio is a great villain and seeing Spiderman deal with the loss of Tony was great

Low expectations, lack of much to compare it to.

Spider Man: no more.

The story. It teaches a great lesson about genuinly being a good person, and that we are not made heroes, but turn ourselves into one.

The fucking surgery scene.

because it was good

Captures the emotional core of Spider-Man better than any other movie has.

Yeah, I hate to be the one to break this to you, but those types of people exist.

Probably best to just get over it

VINDICATED

Shit taste?
One was better

What's wrong with it, fag?

Not him but it hits the emotional beats of being peter better than any other spider-man movie

youtu.be/RWJQR6SNMF8

You will never see anything this good in Marvel cookie-cutter universe. Only live action that are worth a damn are this, Begins, and Cap and Iron Man 1. I also have a soft-spot for Ant-Man.

Pretty sure that speech was aunt may's way of saying she knows peter is spider-man

What the fuck are you talking about? Old people with the psychic power to know people's secrets but who are coy about it so that they can deliver thematic inspiring movie speeches are real?
Genius scientists who conduct dangerous magic energy reactor experiments with only sunglasses as protection are real?
People with spider powers which happen to be impeded by the same things that impede erection because allegories are cool are real?

This is the dumbest thing you could have said.

Faggot. You’re comment didn’t say any of that bullshit.

Go back to eating your own ass you little bitch. This is the dumbest thing you could have said.

That doesn't really make it less hackneyed.

How embarrassing.

Didn't involve most of the shit that's in the movie.

Ikr. Dumb faggots need to know their place.

Molina as Octavius was perfect casting.

Unlike the dark knight the fight choreography is good without using camera cuts to hide stuff

I swear to god some of these zoomers don't recognize Raimi style and see it as unintentional flaws
If you haven't seen Evil Dead 2 you don't have the right to criticize Spider-man 2

>Spider-Man: far from good
>Spider-Man: coming home early
>into the BLACKED verse
Cringe

They put so much effort into those fucking tentacles and it pays off so much.

Based

It's simple and precise. A distillation of Peter Parker' dilemma. It helps that he has a great supporting cast.

>unintentional flaws
You blew it

The dialogue and acting aged like fucking milk

youtube.com/watch?v=0TvKsVxgbF4

It's fine. It's genuine and has the perfect balanced that even cheesy moments come off as serious.

>not realizing that’s part of the charm
Genuine pleb it’s unafraid to be goofy or hammy and it works to its advantage. It’s like an older Hollywood movie and god bless it for trying

I'd say Homecoming was better than Garfield's snore fests if that means much. Haven't seen FFH yet though.

3 was way better.

>Quipfest cringe spam is anybetter
Spider-Man 2 is a work of art. MCU movies are fast food shit you consume to make your fat cum stained self feel good.

why are there people that always ring that stupid new is better gong when it comes to movies. Christ are people only concerned with cgi effects instead of directors having to actually fucking. If you want to support chinese marketable movies where colorful shit just happens on screen go look through a kaleidoscope.

Spider-Man 1 is better.

What "great supporting cast"? Kirsten Dunst?

Better than Zendaya.

>James Franco
>Alfed Molina
>JK Simmons
>The chick who played Aunt May
THAT supporting cast.
Gonna have to disagree there.

>instead of directors having to actually fucking
i never knew directors fucking made films better

I have NO idea OP.

I think the first one laps it entirely but people jizz over SM2 and I cannot decipher why with the exception of the train scene.

Raimi is fucking dedicated to his craft and it shows. The amount of effort for split second shots and scenes is telling.
MCU really feels like a factory product next to this.

>NOOOOOOOOOO
>*tentacles screech*

Under how many layers of nostalgia do you need to be not to cringe at that?

>modern movie good
>old movie bad

Attached: 1563112114979.jpg (550x543, 83K)

that was donnell rawlings from chappelle show. a literally who comedian but not some random guy

I can see its merits and why people think it's one of the best super hero movies, but I'm not a huge fan of Cambell's camp in it. Also, Spider Man lacks good bants.

>Cambell's
Meant to say Raimi. Fuck, I'm a retard.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 67K)

>"Are you in, or are you out?"
>"It's you who's are you in or are you out Gobby, are you in or are you out of your mind!"

I'll never understand why people can stand Raimi's dialogue

I'm definitely not a Raimi-fag, but I feel like Peter's dilemma is what made the movie so memorable. I'm not sure how well the film holds up, but it definitely had a lot of heart.

>So I swear to Christ, Joe Rogan, I'm on the fuckin' train and we're going down the track and we're not fuckin' stopping. We're not stopping and I'm fuckin' tripping brother. You know me, if I'm going to work I've gotta take a little something just to get me through the day. So I'm standing there and all of a sudden there's fuckin' Spider-Man.
>No shit?
>I'm telling you. It's fuckin' Spider-Man. IT'S SPIDER-MAN COCKSUCKA!

Attached: 1512064426952.jpg (1920x1080, 279K)

>Homecoming
No
>ITSV
They go for different things and both excel. I do think Spider-Man 2 is better but respect this take even so. SM2 just hits harder, there's less going on and more weight to it all.
Haven't seen FFH.

Underrated post. The first and second film still hold up. It's great comfy stuff with that wonderful auteur stuff.

He's literally just 60s Spider-Man with a slightly modern twist on the dramas of that age.

He doesn't act a single thing like 60s Peter.

Who are you quoting?

Fucking chinese extra is stoned out of his mind

Spiderman in the Raimi movies wasn't meant to be charismatic. He was meant to be the awkward nerd he was outside of the suit. That's why his zingers and his attempt at heroic dialogue felt so forced and lame. A lot of people really like this interpretation. Some me included don't.

Because it was the least sucky one, including current lol Spidey.

>The first and second film still hold up.

The first movie? Hell no. Second movie? I'll agree with you there. That action sequence where Spidey and Doc fight on the train is the main thing stopping it from aging poorly.

Attached: GG.jpg (798x420, 45K)

2 > 1 >= ITSV > Homecoming > A1 > A2

Haven't seen FFH. MCU Spidey is pretty shit.

Jesus Christ this is a terrible opinion

Attached: kaiju.jpg (1280x974, 259K)

nice bait

yeah nah

Attached: 1497525232780.jpg (376x357, 35K)

What about them makes them age terribly exactly?
The fact that every character has a meaningful, plot-relevant arc?
Maybe it's the fact that the movie's theme seeps into every scene?
Or maybe it's the human treatment of the characters.

This is a good opinion, you go user.

I love raimiposting

No the first one for damn sure

Pizza Time.

Attached: Pizza Time.jpg (943x380, 37K)

The first one still holds up, user. It's a quality movie. The narrative beats are still strong as fuck. The complete package comes together in a way that hasn't been touched since Spider-Man 2.

If the Avengers had cameoed in the Raimiverse, who would have played them?

I'd like to think Aaron Eckhart would be a good cap.

Attached: taken.gif (245x245, 924K)

Throw me the idol, I'll throw you the whip.

Unless something's slathered in several layers of irony they'll miss its meaning completely and call it "cringe"

Attached: 1522072636007.webm (1280x720, 1.23M)

Its zoomers like you that reinforce my beliefs on why abortion should be kept legal so less gen z faggots enter this world alive

Attached: 174996AB-9A7B-4907-80D3-CA40B97F2712.png (389x332, 103K)

I remember being so hyped when that poster came out

Honestly, the Raimi movies are good because they are mostly director driven instead studio driven like TASM and Holland, Spider-Man 3 suffered because the studio wanted to add Venom and other stuff that Raimi opposed to.

It's has SOUL.

So, nostalgiafaggotry that is.

People whose first exposure was Raimishit are in their 20s now. They also have twitter and other social networks to be loud and obnoxious in. You do your math.

What's really baffling to me is that Raimi claims to be a fan, then proceeds to make a shit fanfic where 'Peter Parker' is a discount Clark Kent with not a single trait from the real Peter Parker, MJ is 616 Gwen Stacy but somehow even worse, and that character assassinates her in the eyes of the public forever, and he casts a Maguire who admittedly never even touched Spider-man comics before, and it shows in his bad acting.
That shit flick is really what opened the gate of 'Peter Parker is adorcable cinnamonroll soft boi uwu' hell, that Disney enforces now with even shittier ones.

t. filthy millennial born in 1995

>throw as many punches you want, I bet you $100 you can't land one

So you don't like Raimi's other work?
But i disagree 100 % with you. This is great movie that is not the most accurate adaption of comics.

Because people are dumb.

>complaining about Spider-Man being too "quippy"
have you ever read a fucking Spider-Man comic book in your life?

>It’s like an older Hollywood movie
And why would that be a good thing?

Dumb people don't like this movie though. They always say it is too cheesy or corny.

Simple, his good script, his characters, his dynamism and a long Etc. Apart from the scene of the Train.

You don't like older movies?

The intellectuals that can see how much Raimi's trilogy suck are the minority. Dumb retards are blinded by nostalgia and will forever pretend that those movies were good

>heroic
>Dr.Octopus

It was a good unironic super hero flick.

As much as I like these new movies, the Raimi movies felt like movies. The drama was interesting and the characters all played a role. They weren't trying to crack jokes every 30 seconds and Peter had struggles and consequences to face. It felt more like the Steve/Ditko stuff than the ultimate comics that these newer movies borrow from.

No you are just going bit too far. Raimi's Spider-man movies expect maybe third one don't suck.

>As much as I like these new movies, the Raimi movies felt like movies
This and they also felt like someone was actually directing them and had directors own trademarks unlike MCU movies where they just feel like bunch of suits are trying to make as widereaching audience movie as possible.

There was actual weight to this movie, the characters and their motivations.

you forgot to mention pizza time

It was dumb. People are dumb. Dumb people like dumb stuff.

My nigga!

Attached: IMG_20190705_213604.jpg (640x495, 44K)

>Raimi's Spiderman is self-aware and doesn't take itself seriously
>"God, this is so corny and cringey. I don't understand how anyone can like this. Maybe it should be a bit more serious and dark."

>MCU's Spiderman is self-aware and doesn't take itself seriously
>"It's so fun and refreshing! I love how it's not serious or dark, the writers are having fun making fun of the universe!"

Attached: 1563111833511.png (225x227, 119K)

Cringe.

It works the other way around too

See

ITSV, maybe. FFH and Homecoming? Absolutely not.

On Yea Forums it's exactly the other way around.

James Franco is a plus? Molina and Simmons (and Dafoe for 1) I'll give you, but everyone else sucks in these movies, including Toby.

Doc Ock

No.

>MCU spidey
No
>spider verse
on par with Spider-Man 2

It would be a great film if it wasn't for Tobey. Whoever he's playing, it's nobody I recognise as Peter Parker, he's just some autistic weirdo.

Casting him and Dunst shows that Raimi didn't have as good a handle on the source material as he thought because he doesn't actually understand these characters.

Pizza Time

That train fight is legendary. There hasn't been a fight that good in a Spider-Man movie ever since.

>FFH, Homecoming
ew, faggot

>t. Born in December 1999

MCU is perfect though right?

Pretty much, yeah.

Raimi understood the core of spiderman's character, ASM focused too much on spiderquips and peters parents while MCUspidey focused too much on ironman and an inconsequential highschool life.

2 > 1 = ITSV > ASM1 > HC > 3 > ASM2

It's the OST, it is perfect.

2>1>ITSV>3>TASM>MCUck shit> ASM2

So? He would have taken Mary Jane anyways, Peter was not important. Remember when Cap broke the plane tunnel over Spider-Man even though he had no idea whether Peter had powers?

Must consume, and enjoy!!

Have you ever heard to the word timeless? It was made in a time when movies started getting bland and samey, with Roland emmerich still dominating the cinemas bays transformers being right around the corner and every other superhero/action movie being a slow motion leather fest. It stuck it’s heels in the sand and made a colorful goofy movie to simulate the pop art of the 60s it originated from. That’s what I look for and want from these superhero movies. Though o don’t know what you people are bitching about nostalgia for considering the bulk of spiderverses references rely on it completely. An entire movie based on people knowing spider-man but it only get worse the more you know about spider-man

Unironic cinematic compitence:
ITSV > 2 > FFH > HC > 1 > ASM1 > 3 > ASM2
Enjoyment factor:
3 > ITSV > 2 > 1 > FFH > ASM1 > HC > ASM2

the ramifilms didn't age as well as ramifags think they did and most of what people remember from them are the memes & JK Simmons as JJ.

SM1 was slow, SM2 was basically about how ED can make you lose super powers and SM3 should have just picked one villain of the 3 they were considering instead of using all 3.

Spider-Man 3 is so enjoyable, despite its flaws, the same can't be said for MCUck films

Raimi Trilogy > your favorite movie

>3 over TASM and Mcu
As boring as homecoming was atleast it had a coherent plot, spiderman3 was all over the place.

>favorite film is evil dead

have sex nerd.

Spiderman 2's CGI is better than Black Panthers

Fuck off with this "didn't age well" trash you disney drones keep spewing

Tobey Maguire was legitimately the worst possible choice they could have made to play Spider-Man.

The train fight and webbing scene was a high water mark for cape action at the time.

>thinking that not liking the ramifilms automatically means that you like the MCU or a disney shill

get a clue brainlet

It's pretty telling about today's culture where anything that doesn't have the modern, Disney-style writing is immediately considered "aged". As if a story above all else, is judged by it's entertainment value.

The story of Spider-Man 2 is the most basic shit ever though

>Spiderman 2's CGI is better than Black Panthers
Are you autistic? What does Black Panther have to do with anything?

>no idea whether Peter had powers?
If I recall correctly Peter had already pulled Cap to the fucking ground before that happened, so he'd have to have at least around Cap tier strength

A decent chunk of Spider-Man's character is balancing out his life as Peter Parker with his life as Spider-Man. Reimi's Spider-Man 2 handles that aspect of his character fairly well.

the train scene is really good

never argue with a namefag

Underrated post.

Attached: 1531069582865.jpg (441x408, 11K)

Fags love the sounds of women screaming.

Nah. The other guy was a fucking dumbass