KING • SHANER • GERADS
twitter.com/DCComics/status/1152941759602671617?s=19

Attached: IMG_20190721_100627.jpg (720x956, 162K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/4gO7uemm6Y
youtu.be/4gO7uemm6Yo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Attached: IMG_20190721_100741.jpg (1332x2048, 580K)

>There was a story my uncle used to tell about rayguns. A fable...

Can’t wait to see Tom turn Adam into a cowardly ptsd ridden bitch

Attached: IMG_20190721_100744.jpg (1332x2048, 555K)

The cover says everything already, another hero dealing with mental illness.
Why not giving him just an Else World line he can fuck with?

Oh boy, I wonder what it will be about? Maybe Adam Strange will have PTSD and want to kill himself! Wouldn't that be an original idea?

Attached: 1563703570980.jpg (512x512, 13K)

Nah, this isn't gonna be PTSD stuff, it'll be Hero as seen by civilians by both warring sides

>war criminal
>killer
That's what fucking happens when you are in SPACE WAR. Fuck, I am mad already.

>shaner wasted on this
nothing else needs to be said

Even Bendis is more creative than King.

War crime apologist.

So is it gonna be Gerad draws from the opposing point of view and Shaner draws from the pro point of view. Also if you don’t like King guess what don’t read the book.

Every week more people take this advice.

Sounds awesome.

It’ll be a series where we see the same thing Strange dies from perspective of Rann (Shaner issues) and Thanagar (Gerads)

Sounds cool

I can already hear the butthurt.

Is King a one trick pony. All he can do is PTSD based stories.

who is going to be the strong, independent woman to save the day and the emasculated Adam this time?

So this was the story he teased in Heroes in Crisis. I can already hear the Eisner Awards Committee sucking his dick for this shitfest as well

can't wait for the nine panel double spread of adam crying with some inane folk story in the background

I've said this before and I'll say it again; Tom King would be really good writing Darth Vader

Attached: darthvaderannual2.jpg (912x1400, 280K)

He's doing the propaganda poster thing from Omega Men. I wonder if any concepts from that will return.

Adam Strange is one of those characters no one gives a fuck about, just like Mister Miracle, so here it won't be a problem for King to write him "out of character" because he barely has a personality anyway. Really King should just stick to write those kind of characters and leave Batman, Booster, Wally. etc. alone.

Judging by Mister Miracle sales that’s not true.

Can’t wait for Yea Forums to suddenly screech about how Adam Strange was always they’re favorite hero and now he’s RUINED FOREVER as they shit themselves with rage.

Shame that character is long dead and his corpse is being puppeteered by Gisnep Corp.

>Adam Strange on the surface is a raygun gothic space hero taking part in cool pulp adventures
>but the reality is that he's done some questionable things, is seen by some as a monster and probably has PTSD and other mental demons
Cool just what I wanted: Adam Strange as an allegory for modern PMCs because King will never stop reminding us that he worked for the CIA.

adam slitting wrists incoming

Why can't Adam Strange just have fun pulp sci-fi adventure stories?

How did the last 3 issues of that sell?

Because nobody cares.

This is actually pretty par the course with Adam Strange.

I knew it. FUCK. I really thought Adam Strange had great potential, Paul Pope's story for him was the right idea. King will murder him forever.

Attached: there are no heroes left in man.jpg (170x236, 17K)

I actually defended King until a few months ago and as much as I don't want to jump on the bandwagon/hate train, I just can't get enthused for this. He needs to take some psychedelics or ketamine or something and chill out.

I would kill you with my own bare hands if I could. It's people like you who keep destroying the Comic genre by supporting people like King and mocking the main nature of characters like Adam Strange.

"Oh it's fun and colorful so I Don't like It".

It's already starting

>mocking the main nature of characters like Adam Strange.
What do you know about the nature of Adam Strange?

#10 sold 41,267
#11 sold 38,489
#12 sold 38,567

For comparison, if we look at the sales of the first three months, #1 sold 33,493, #2 sold 41575 (plus 14,682 re-orders for #1 in the same month), and #3 sold 40,488. No matter how much of a King hater you are, you cannot deny those are incredibly solid sales for a C-list character with a 12-issue limited mini-series.

He isn't a War Criminal or a Monster, that's for sure.

What's your problem, retard? Are you mad that I enjoyed a comics from 10 years ago? Eat shit.

Being fun and colorful doesn't sell, because nobody cares. There's no hook, there's no interesting angle in it, you have no compelling gimmick to speak of because sci-fi adventures is such a generic sales pitch that it kills people with boredom.

was that Paul Pope story the last good Adam Strange comic?

Unless it is written by Grant Morrison or Alan Moore, fun and colorful is just a codeword for terribly bland.

Can't wait for more depression, suicide and Bendisspeak!

I mean, just look at this thread here
It's actually talking about 29 year old Adam Strange series which made many controversial changes, yet nobody is interested in even discussing it. People would rather bitch and whine about King ruining Adam forever in this thread

>Being fun and colorful doesn't Dell because nobody Cares

Bro, seriously, is this Bait? You can't be serious. Can you comprehend the retarded statement you just said?

Comics are all about being fun or/and colorful. That people like King keep trying to destroy it with their depressive fuckery doesn't mean It isn't like that.

1. Are you retarded?
2. Kingfag, where have you been when the Batman storytimes happenef? You're just asking to get attention using bait , isn't?

I'll see how this turns out. I hated Heroes in Crisis and faded out of King's Batman, but I'll give this a shot.

Because that mini was swiftly retconned, moron.

80s and 90s were so good because these "not muh" fags were in the minority. These fags have started to turn on Alan Moore's portrayal of Adam Strange from his Swamp Thing too. Back in the day, DC said fuck off to HEAT, Chaykin said fuck off to 40 year old boys bitching about his Shadow, Byrne said fuck off to Superfags. Comics are so shitty now because they are made to pander to redditors. DC would rather apologise now.

Are all those pages from heroes in crisis supposed to be a series from them

Eight years in a purely filler story month isn't swiftly.

Feeling emasculated, are we?

What does that have to do with anything, you dimwitt?
Tom, is it you again?

Yet "fun and colorful" never ever puts the sales charts on fire, you literal troglodyte. Tiny Titans? Aw Yeah comics? Marvel Adventures? Fucking Archie? None of these were best sellers for a reason: people do not fucking care about something simply because it's "fun and colorful."

I'm glad this board finally turned against King. You faggots meme'd me into buying Omega Men and I've never forgiven you. All he does is take the grimderp that's popular in fantasy and add it to superheroes. Now granted that's nothing new, but we used to call that bullshit out before, but somehow King gotta pass because he was a better grimderp writer than most but he was still writing grimderp edgy crap.

If not King, who would you rather have write Adam Strange?

So instead anything has to be Edgy, Dark and depressive? I see it now.

King isn't the main problem, you people are, because you keep supporting all this. As far as guys like you aprove this, the comic genre will keep falling and falling and falling into a mess of PSTD traumas and cuckery.

Why do you hate the open market? Capitalism means the best product sells.

This. Why isn't everything comfy? These pretentious comics are everything bad with the genre of comicbooks. Keep this shit to yourself while Disney keeps making millions off fun masterpieces like Avengers and Lion King.

Attached: TomasiSuperman.jpg (650x670, 289K)

>So instead anything has to be Edgy, Dark and depressive
Yes. Well, everything, not anything.

I hate King but HAPPY HAPPY retards like you who suck up anything "comfy" and "fun" are why the industry is so braindead. Lion King sucks,

You see, it's not about being 100% Edgy or 100% Comfy, it's all about BALANCE.

Balance it's rare now in this days. Almost everything is 100% Dark, 100% Funny, 100% Depressive, etc.

Steve Orlando.

t.

Attached: 4uae9S8T70PEVOHoRjeI9DP_aFvgWaTritpTibNrz38.jpg (826x960, 137K)

Nah, you're dumb. King doesn't suck because he's 100% depressive, it's because he's a shallow buffoon mistaking pessimism for depth. He also shoves in cringy humor and dumb cheesy fanserice like making Batman wear his underwear over his pants again.

Explain to me why FUN HAPPY RAINBOWS AND UNICORNS comics never sell that well when they're published.

>King doesn't suck because He's 100% Depressive.

I Guess you didn't Saw what he did on Heroes In Crisis or almost any of his recent stories then.

Tomasi's Superman was the best Superman comic in years. Explain that.

He is a killer though and is willing to do what ever to save Rann.

That had it's edgy moments.

I dropped HiC at 2 because it sucked and I'd rather not read shit comics like a mongoloid(aka you) but that shit had plenty of cringy humor and dumb corny shit like putting Harley in her old outfit. Anyway, mentioning HiC only strengthens my point that he is a shallow buffoon mistaking pessimism for depth. Why did I have to repeat that? Are you a bot?

HiC and Batman are the only bad comics he has written though.

>I keep saying that I Dislike King's Style.
>You think I read his shit.

Maybe you are the true mongoloid.

Nah, it was one of the worst comics to be ever written. Supersons was even worse.

>KING
How many times will Adam try to commit suicide during this series?

Ok, now I know you're The Master Baiter.

Bad bait

The 2017 Darth Vader series was the most based he ever was. Stop shilling cuck

So you dislike him without reading him? And why did you bring up HiC if you didnt read it? And why are you so moronic that you ignore my actual point just to brag about how counter culture you are for hating this retarded writer?

It was trash. Pak wrote better Superman, Morrison wrote the best Superman of the last couple of years.

>Hurr Durr Superman is staring at his wife and wife's son. So comfy.

No man, I did read some of his stuff, the most decent ones. I usually read some of his Bad stuff to discover if It was really Bad as people said (Like The Batman #50 issue or HiC #01).

Attached: IMG_20190721_122519.jpg (720x874, 157K)

>As far as guys like you aprove this, the comic genre will keep falling and falling and falling into a mess of PSTD traumas and cuckery.
In the grand scheme of things, more comics are still bright and generic stuff. Relatively speaking the kind of stuff King writes makes up much less than half of the capeshit market.

>Comics are all about being fun or/and colorful.
Statements like this are as much cringe as people who claim everything NEEDS to be grimdark and edgy. Seriously, why are you faggots so bad at being subjective? The best comics I've ever read contain plenty of examples of both extremes. Why does everything just battle down to a shitfest of "NOT MUH" with you faggots?

Personally, I'm a little tired that King is going down the same road again, because it's teaching me that he's incapable of writing anything else, but Omega Men, Vision and Mister Miracle were all great reads. so I'll definitely give this a shot.

>it's all about BALANCE
It's really not. Most pieces of work pick a tone and stay with it. In fact, when you see a story that can't stick to its guns in terms of tone, that's usually jarring and one of the first things that puts readers off.

Probably the best example. Pak was solid and Morrison's run on Action was great, but people hated both because "NOT MUH". Tomasi's run on Superman was one of the most eye-wateringly bland and predictable capeshit slogs in recent memory, but people loved it because "YES MUH DADDY SUPERMAN!"

Explain to me how Mister Miracle was great. The other two are flawed but I see their positives. Explain to me how Mister Miracle effectively pulls off what it sets out to do.

Oh boy this sure won't feature one scene of Strange about to commit suicide with a Raygun.

DC can go fuck itself.

>Nah, it was one of the worst comics to be ever written. Supersons was even worse.
Stephanie Brownfag still sucks bendis cock ?

Further proof King can only write one story, and not even write it well. Christ

This will never sound not ironic coming from capeshitters who will put Geoff Johns alongside Joyce, Hemingway and Dostoevsky.

>Joyce, Hemingway and Dostoevsky.
Hacks for pseudo intellectuals.

What was Mr Miracle set out to do according to you?

Every Tom King comic:
>protagonist is suicidal and apathetic,and think that a woman and the married life can fix all his life's problems
>there's a female character who's down to earth, sassy, and super capable, and the end-all, be-all of the protagonist's life
>there are several non-important characters that keep showing up to tell the protagonist what he needs to do with his life either through giving him shit or telling him random stories
>the protagonist will be fluffing around navel-gazing about life and what to do until the very end
>the ending is a wet fart that means nothing and changes anything other than making a point about life being nice but also sucky

Oh boy, can’t wait for Adam to have PTSD and be suicidal.

Most of this only applies to Mr Miracle.

And Batman. And Vision.

And Batman. And Vision.

>punches Red Robin

Attached: batman-punches-Tim-Drake.jpg (1988x3056, 1.01M)

Nah, during Rebirth the Death of Hawkman was pretty good and then the Adam Strange/Future Quest Crossover was pretty fun... in fact it was a really cool idea of having Strange Lost in the Multiverse having random adventures trying to find his way back. It could have been like Quantum Leap but with Adam Strange

>Death of Hawkman
Sucked, get out.

Oh yay, another quote that is supposed to make king sound smarter than he actually is

Don’t forget the nine panel page where the character talks to the audience with um and like.

I mean it wasn’t perfect but it was a fun Adam Strange book

Why is King such a one trick pony?

Never read his Batman, so let's follow his Vision
>Protagonist is suicidal
Nope. Vision was clueless until the end. Upon finding out the truth, he gets ready to fight the avengers.
>There's a female character who's blah blah
Exactly the opposite
>Several non important characters who show up to tell the protagonist...
Nothing like this happened in Vision
>The protagonist will be navel gazing what to do about life
Read the above point about suicidal protagonist

PTSD man strikes again

>fun
That's a codeword for absolutely shit.

Meant for

Millennials have ruined comics. You dumb fucks would've complained about Born again and DKR of it were made today. You deserve Squirrel Girl, America, Mocking bird and Supersons.

Attached: 1515465526888.png (1159x665, 183K)

No it isn't. It means it's fun to read. Do you remember what fun is?

Born Again and DKR are actually good comics. Squirrel Girl and America isn't.

Most of the people mad about Batman #50 were people who hadn’t read his run and just jumped on because of the wedding.

So you didn’t read it then? Or are you just being an ass?

His run had been shit prior to the wedding

I would say that wasn’t entirely his fault either it was more Marketing who fucked up hard there... but the after effects really fucked King up and affected his writing like you can see the drop in quality of it after the wedding happened

The Gift was published before the wedding, brah.

What’s your ideal Batman?

One that doesn't think he literally died with his parents and that a pussy will fix all his life's problems.

You mean Paul Dini's/Any other competent writer's Batman?

Erases his memories= kind of like a suicide

Everything for his bitch wife

Everyone keeps telling him to abandon this shit, fights Avengers etc

You're stupid

CRAWLIN IN MY SKIN

I completely erased that travesty out of my mind... I stand corrected

I'm thinking about writing an email to King, do you think if we show our displeasure to him we can get him to stop with this shit.

He will not listen. He didn't even cared when Miller and Dixon roasted him.

If you want him to stop, just don't buy his books. It's the only way right now.

No.

I already do that, how do we get others to not buy his garbage.

Bunch of retards REEEEEEEEEEEING in letter form will surely fix things.

For that, you would need the support of a "Big" personality around here or The internet. The only one I can think of who would be capable of promoting your idea is Ya Boi Zack.

No?

>As for what Strange Adventures will be about, King gave some clues about that as well, saying he wants to make something “more contemporary” and referencing comments a lot of people made after Donald Trump was elected in 2016 about how an era of fascism would result in great art. King says he hasn’t seen that great art yet, and so the creative team of Strange Adventures is going to try to make some.

Only King would put a Donald Trump Commentary into an Adam Strange Comicbook.

Tim deserves it

Art doesn't live in a vacuum and war comic such as this is an appropriate place for such social commentary, especially when under Trump civilian casualties have exponentially risen from Obama's numbers, and we no longer even get reports of civilian deaths from the government (as having some figures reported, no matter how much downplayed to make the military look better, are still better than getting no numbers at all) thanks to another policy change made to attack government transparency.

He hasn't written a single good comic. HiC and Batman are just extra horrible.

>fun is a buzzword
When did you faggots start acting like Yea Forums?

Edgy versions of forgotten d-list character is what King is good at, but it's getting a little old at this point. It's like he wants to be a one man Vertigo but his work is very repetitive at this point. I'll give it a chance though.

Looks like Thanigarian propaganda to me

>DRAMA MAN BAD

I've got the perfect book for you, it's full of school plays and babysitting and other shit where superheroes do boring mundane shit that goes nowhere.

Fuck off

Attached: 56197311_461477277726387_1623013950272788170_n.jpg (1080x1327, 186K)

Because Born Again and DKR weren't made with millennials in mind. They would be shit upon if they were made today, for the lack of trigger warning over being too edgy.

It’s gonna be about drumpf

Attached: 05866B88-5DA6-4B2E-8568-03CF751778E5.png (750x1334, 150K)

First Superman smashes the Klan and now this? Why are DC so eager to alienate their readers?

>All DC readers are pro-fascists bigots!

Earth-X posters need to gtfo.

lol so glad he's not writing a character I care about

If it was thangarian then they would be praising him for being a war criminal.

Bendis is King's biggest influence

only good Adam Strange comic

Planet Heist was pretty nice too.

I Can't Tell What My Little Sister's Friend Is Thinking is a literal 4 page per chapter manga posted on twitter and translated (with the author's permission). Said author has nearly as many twitter followers as Tom King and the comics get tens of thousands of likes and retweets. But ignoring twitter as many people (maybe more since sales figures are what stores, not readers, purchased) read this as read a good chunk of Marvel and DC's output.

The issue is outdated distribution methods and a complete failure of the publishers to correctly diversify audiences with what's offered. Overpriced floppies and overpriced TPBs aren't going to do it in Current Year. Good online readers, offering newer issues for free and subscription-based services are where things are going and would allow a more throwback pulp version of Adam Strange to succeed because it can better find an audience than having to worry about a dying LCS distribution model.

Attached: 980590989.jpg (947x375, 70K)

It's not even a "HURR DURR MANGO BETTER" argument as much as it is Marvel and DC (and other publishers) essentially kneecapping their own products by clinging to distribution methods guaranteed to reach the lowest amount of people possible creating a cycle where only important serious books matter and everything else can get fucked meaning it's next to impossible for anything outside of a narrow scope (especially with capes) to find a real audience.

When they do publish digital comics said comics are low quality trash using largely D-list writers and artist that don't read the same as a normal comic.

Are you trying to compare free views with sold copies? That's retarded. And either way, manga is more popular. Sells better in the US, sells better in Europe, sells better in Japan. It's also pirated everywhere while there's not much interest for comics outside of America.

>Are you trying to compare free views with sold copies?
"Sold" copies. Sales figures are based on what the stores buy. Doesn't mean that many customers are buying/reading them.

My larger point is that the way people have consumed media has changed and this includes comics/manga (magazine sales have had a sharp decline over the years in Japan too) but while Japanese publishers seem to better be able to adapt to changing times (though they can still be retarded) American comic publishers absolutely cannot. I hope Manga Plus numbers come out at some point because I want it to succeed and start forcing these companies to adapt and update how they distribute their products because that'll also mean more variety in the types of comics being put out since it becomes easier for something to find a niche and you're not having to worry as much about printing and shipping floppies, 75% of which will go unsold.

lol let's murder the horse before it rolls into town
I know we're probably going to get Tom King's usual bullshit, PTSD-CIA stuff but if Millar can give us Starlight, I'm willing to see what King can do with the idea.

Attached: THERE ARE NO HEROES LEFT IN SLAM.png (662x425, 500K)

youtu.be/4gO7uemm6Y
Always the Tom King theme song.

Fuck. Broke the link. youtu.be/4gO7uemm6Yo

Yeah, because that's what people want from pulp space adventures. Deconstruction and depression. Yep.

>I'm willing to see what King can do with the idea
Well in addition to usual King nonsense (because it's King so it'll be in there no matter what he says) the man himself has said it's also a FUCK DRUMPF series.

So this is the inferior version of Morrison's Green Lantern

Attached: RCO001_w.jpg (1005x1600, 500K)

I want King to just fucking kill himself. I fucking hate him. I would do anything for him to just agree to fight me contract signed so there were no legal percussions. I'd do anything.

Okay, that's a little much

Deconstruction is a buzzword.

>I'll mention three random writers to sound intellectual
>Also I'll mention Joyce to sound smarter because that user will believe that I, a shitposter, have read Ulysses

Attached: 1549701379519.jpg (800x450, 44K)

The man killed any kind hope I have in just one tweet.

I haven't seeing people complaining about Pak or Morrison run on Action Comics. Also Mister Miracle is fucking terrible, is Tom King at his worst.

>Decosntruction is a buzzword

Attached: 1507873153402.jpg (600x398, 24K)

If you're implying that deconstruction=bad then yeah, Deconstruction is a buzzword.

>Deconstruction, in that sense, is a buzzword
Fixed

>Retconing away Strange's new design in The Green Lantern
>Openly aping GMoz Dan Dare
King can go fuck himself. What a talentless hack.

Attached: FUUCKYOUKING.jpg (989x1534, 380K)

Fuck yourself

Murphy Anderson was such a rad artist.

Attached: strange-adv-50-anderson.jpg (800x1197, 401K)

Honestly user you just like shitty pretentious comics.

This doesn't look like and explanation of why it was great. This looks like you unable to even type the title out while replying out of compunction to user without actually adding anything.

ANOTHER EISNER AWARD WINNER!!!!

hatebump

>go from ruining Batman to ruining Adam Strange
So okay I'm not the biggest fan in the world but even I think he deserves better than King.

That is cool. More?

>nswering a genuine question with a question
Retard...

Brave and the Bold

Trump isnt fascist, and he isnt racist, you need to calm down and accept that literally half the country is republican, and
>putting valid talking points in villains mouths
>drawing villains to resemble politicians,
>portraying only one way of thinking as heroic
>claiming your work is an out n out statement against politicians
Is propagandist and alienating to that half of the country, bc who knows what percentage they are of Lower/Middle class adults with disposable income

Not him but you are moving the goal post. Also, your whole text was not just a question. Work on your bait, autist.

Pretty much with a side of drama queen. I used to like some if his early work before I found out it all started being the same shit. He also likes being the depressed messed up guy because it gives him attention and he loves that. This guy fell while walking his dog and the first thing he did was take photos of his wound and showed it on twitter and then of his face and then if his dog smeared with his own blood. Then he went to the hospital and took photos there while he was patched up.

People just nees to learb to not buy his shit and ignore him.

Comic isn't a genre lmao

>Trump isnt fascist, and he isnt racist

He has clear fascistic tendencies, and it's clear as day to anyone who isn't a sycophant that he's racist. He's been racist for decades. He even got sued by the government for discrimination.

Wait.
Wait, isn’t Adam Strange in Morrison’s Green Lantern doing space stuff at the moment? Anyway, because everyone has probably given King the business already I’d just like to say: I’m sad Morrison never continued Thunderworld Adventures into a full series. That is all.

No he doesnt.
No he didnt
>he was sued by regular people for discrimination. 2 or 3 times. They settled out of court, bc hes one of the few people in the world who's name IS the brand and saw that option was cheaper than fighting them in court.
Please though, feel free to ignore the rest of my valid point bc you cant entertain the first sentence, which actually holds true REGARDLESS of that first sentence.

Tom "i never stopped writing Visions" King.
One trick.

Also he was the one who integrated the Mar a Lago after he bought it.
Also he was given several awards for specifically not being those things by Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, the city of New York.

This clearly isn't PTSD though, it's about how heroes and villains are all just a matter of perspective. It's still a trope he's played with many times before (Omega Men, Sheriff of Babylon).

Yes, and then he goes and builds his entire election campaign (again) around fear mongering and racist tirades of black and brown people.

But it's a well done trick, so I see no problem. If you want variety, you don't have to read it.

>you are moving the goal post
Are you retarded? That's exactly what you're doing. I doubt you're even You just came in to shitpost. Man asks you a question and you start deflecting and moving the goal posts. Eat a dick, retard.

Yeah, he's a real drama queen. Remember him wishing everyone woman a happy mother's day... on father's day because mothers are the real heroes?

To no surprise of anyone the guy with mommy issues married his own mom.

Attached: mommy issues.jpg (632x692, 127K)

So who did Doc piss off to deserve King?

More of the same from the guy.
I'm sure it'll be fine, maybe even fitting for the character, but this is really one trick pony feeling.

Everything that is not dumb Geoff Johns shit is pretentious and one trick pony, user.

Pretentious gets thrown a lot on Yea Forums, but with King it's actually accurate.

Sounds awesome. Adam has always been one of my favorite comic book characters, and I'm very excited to see a new mini for him with motherfucking Doc Shaner on art.

>But it's a well done trick
It really fucking isn't

Is British a race? Is Canadian a race? So Mexican is not a race. He ranted against Mexicans yes. Not racist, the equivalent of saying, all canadians are pussies. Is Muslim a race? No it's just a terrible ideology just as toxic as the talmud. Still not racist. Just rude.

Well, that's like, your opinion, man.

>hurf durf o-opinionh
Fuck off