Now that it's been cancelled, what did we think of it Yea Forums?

Now that it's been cancelled, what did we think of it Yea Forums?

Attached: cucumber quest.jpg (1807x2560, 484K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cucumber.gigidigi.com/cq/important-announcement/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Welp, I'm glad I didn't cave and buy it at Barnes & Nobel. So what's gonna happen since the series is tied to an actual publisher?

>Welp, I'm glad I didn't cave and buy it at Barnes & Nobel
Arguably there's even more reason to buy it now, though. Since the series has been cancelled, the books will probably go out of print soon. You'll be able to flip 'em for a decent amount in a couple years. Even if you keep them, they're more of a collector's item.

Pretty art, boring story and slow pace.

Really? I haven't read it in years so I haven't really been keeping up. What happened?

>we

Wait, so is the webcomic canceled now? I still got the first two kickstarted volume books.

cucumber.gigidigi.com/cq/important-announcement/

Good point. I might still snag them since Gigi's usage of colors is nice to look at but I still don't know if I want an incomplete series in my collection

GGDG announced she's abandoning the comic and trying to finish the story through (terrible) prose updates.

I personally checked out during Rosemaster, when the brooding melodrama went into overdrive.

I read it because I liked the art but got bored quickly

I started because of the art, dropped it for a while because I wasn't reading too many webcomics anyways. Then started reading it again when I saw it at the bookstore. I'm always reminded why don't follow webcomics, it tends to end in disappointment more often than not.

It collapsed under the weight of Gigi's ineptitude and ego. Take a step back, it's a miracle it even lasted longer than a year.

>ineptitude and ego
Care to explain? I don't closely follow this kinda stuff.

In terms of ego, she's a massive bitch. The ineptitude is pretty self explanatory. Before quitting and going the prose route for the finale, she would take several month long hiatuses between updates.

>In terms of ego, she's a massive bitch.
Any examples, out of curiosity?

she won't ever draw the P5 comic.

Not enough ambiguous cucumber inneundo and penetration. It was shit. SHIT.

I stopped reading after a dozen pages but the artist will always have a special place in my heart for the persona comics

Not that guy but I would say the most infamous example of Gigi being a bitch was when Broad Spectrum, the Youtube group that did the comic dubs for her Let's Destroy Metal Gear comics, did a kickstarter so they could make the next Let's Destroy comic (Let's Destroy the Patriots) on their own so they could make another voice dub mainly due to a high volume of demand related to the topic. Despite not owning any copyright to Metal Gear and dubious ownership over the artstyle used in the comics, she immediately slammed down on Broad Spectrum and demanded they shut down the kickstarter so that Let's Destroy the Patriots could never be made. Mainly, she did this because she gets insanely buttravaged every time anyone brings up her parody comics, as they are and always have been a million times better known and celebrated than her original comic. So Broad Spectrum shut down the project.

To be fair, she said she wanted to distance herself from the video game parodies. Completely understandable honestly, as a professional comic artist you don't want your identity to be tied to low-effort art and video games.

>Gigi
>professional
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

bad protagonists

I wouldn't want her to finish it anyways. I doubt she has the ability to write it at the caliber she did back then. Her writing and comedy skills took a hard hit after she began Cucumber Quest.

This. There was some potential at first, but the snail's pace and boring or just fuckin weird character choices made it a chore to read.

Cucumber quest is a fucking videogame parody, and boring one at that.

>Gigi
>Distance yourself from parody comics that people like
>People distance themselves from you
>Tyson Hesse
>Embrace your silly parody video game comic that people like
>Become the official artist for Classic Sonic stuff in the west.

and yet years later those "low-effort art" comics are more well-remembered than cucumber quest because they had snappy humor and good pacing.

Fuck that noise. If people like the stuff I write for shits and giggles more than my serious writing, then that means either
>I write better when I'm writing for shits and giggles
or
>People have shit taste
Either way, I don't really care, so long as I make things people like.

her persona 4 stuff is some of the best there is..

the pacing is excellent the jokes are almost always good and understandable even if you didn't play the game in question, and funnier if you have played the game

>she abandons another project.
what the hell is her problem? does she have a fear of commitment or something?

is she going to nuke her past again?

she needs someone she trust's to tell her to quit running away and that nobody cares about how "your roots in silly webcomics" I mean fuck, look how successful Penny Arcade, Yahtzee Crosshaw, and several other notable internet-gaming-related-dorks have been with their careers

BUT YOU ARE GIRLS, YOU WON'T COOK, YOU WON'T GET NAKED, WHAT ARE YOU EVEN GOOD FOR?

Yeah, I loved those old P4 comics, but think it's perfectly understandable to not want your gag of the week game parodies to overshadow everything else you'll ever make and put real creative effort into.

it's pretty ironic how much she tries to run away from herself given the general themes of persona.

i can only imagine what kind of shadow or palace she has.

It was one of those things where the protagonists are way less interesting than pretty much any of the other characters.

That sounds very reasonable. Its indirect profiting off her work and could potentially get her in legal hot water. I very much doubt she did that put of spite since she didn't care about the YouTube dubs until money got involved.

Good art, story whose main crime is being boring.

>going the prose route for the finale
oh shit was she that over budget?

Attached: chex.png (490x710, 318K)

I always liked it. Always found it cute and entertaining, thought it was a fun story with some decent little twists and turns.

I think most the jokes land just as well as her old parody comics, they just aren’t happening constantly cause cq isn’t that type of comic. Honestly surprised anyone would like her old stuff and hate this.

Sad to see it end like this but I’m glad she’s trying to give it some kind of an ending.

Also literally every complaint about her personality that I’ve seen on Yea Forums has been unsubstantiated.