HAHAHA Yea Forums on suicide watch

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-07-20 at 23.25.06.png (626x630, 371K)

Who?

>ameriburger pretends people care about their random awards ceremonies

>2020-1
>caring about Eisner's

>it was the street
>it was a boat
>it was the street
>it was a boat
>it was the street
>it was a boat
>it was the street
>it was a boat
>it was the street
>it was a boat
>it was the street
>it was a boat

It’s a meaning comic book reward. It’s like the Grammys, but significantly worse. Nothing more than a reward where the known peers wank off their fellow peers.

>shrugs

>Eisner awards
I'm on the cartoon side of this board and even I know not to care about this shit

>Bat
>Cat

Why should i care?

Why? His books are still shit. And he’s being taken off Batman (which every writer is ignoring his Bane arc). And his Forth World movie is going to bomb harder than Birds of Prey.

Cool. Maybe he can chat with Erica Henderson about the best deals on display shelves.

It’s totally normal and regular and cool to spend so much time obsessing over a comic book writer that you don’t like, instead of doing something, or talking about something, that you actually do like. The people in this thread are definitely not doing psychological harm to themselves by screeching over and over nonstop about Tom King to the point that you’ve all memefied his dialogue and have in-jokes centering around a comic book writer that you don’t like. Completely healthy, normal and cool hobby and not something you all should seek psychological help for.

he'll always be a fed

You may not care, but comic book publishers will see this as a reason to put more trust in him.

Went to my LCS today and ran into a grown ass man with THE horrible taste.
>I started reading in New 52
>I love Bendis, Snyder, and King.
>Superman is too powerful, I like his new villain Ragnol and that he’s dealing with the mob
>I like how modern comics are structured to get new readers with new #1s
I was being polite but I really wanted to tell him to go fuck himself

How many times you gonna make this thread? Move on m8

>award was not handed out by japan
That deserves an asterisk.

Did you ask him if he also liked Cates?
>oh yeah, Knull and CGR are dope!

Nah! The trashing Frank Miller gave him was worth this award.

No but he loves Conan and thinks Mister Miracle by King was amazing. He legit said “I love how King channels his PTSD into his characters”

>He legit said “I love how King channels his PTSD into his characters”
This would only be good if he wasn't doing this to EVERY character he writes. Not sure why people don't get that.

What’s wrong with them having PTSD? Superheroes go through traumatic shit on a regular basis.

Talking about it and making a story about it is fine and all, but when it's the only thing you talk about or write about, it becomes less about awareness or adding depth to a character, and becomes more about attention seeking just for attention. It's like that one friend that only ever talks about how they survived something terrible, like say cancer or in king's case ptsd, and how it's all they talk about it, and let that one thing define their whole life and never shut up about it to the point where they start introducing themselves "hey I'm user and I have ptsd" to complete strangers, you stop caring and get tired of it and don't want to be around them anymore. Just cause of how annoying it gets.

Even if you liked his Batman run you have to admit it was weaker this year than it was last year. That whole Nightmare arc was garbage.

>How many times you gonna make this thread? Move on m8
No, see this time he added the Twitter screencap which is sure to enrage and infuriate all the comic bros on Yea Forums and push this next wave of hashtags for clicks and profit! This time, for sure!

I'm getting a weird faux-sassy passive-aggressive lowkey seething vibe from all the people replying to this thread
I haven't been to Yea Forums in months, someone bring me up to speed please

Get your own speed. I ain’t sharing.

>I haven't been to Yea Forums in months, someone bring me up to speed please
lurk moar.
see also: OP is a hoe
hoes mad.
o
e
s

m
a
d

The PTSD thing kind works in Mr. Miracle, though. He’s stuck in the Omega Sanction, reliving a life that’s endless war with a fake child and a fake life, constantly reliving it because he doesn’t want to escape the good moments in between. PTSD, depression and suicide are topics that are actually well handled in Mr. Miracle. Now, in Batman? King hasn’t done a good job there. In Heroes in Crisis? He fucked it up. Mr. Miracle works because it’s, essentially, it’s own thing. It can be canon, but since it all happens in then Omega Sanction, then it can happen between just about any story or moment. It can even be self contained. Batman and HiC deal with A LOT of continuity and are supposed to be current canon. That’s why they don’t work, aside from being badly written.

/thread

You guys talking about Eisner when the actual person is about to shit his pants and snitch on all the celebrity pedophiles

Marvel BTFO again this year.

but who wins the Yea Forumsaward ?? thats the real question

so were there no other writers they could come up with?

>comic book publishers will see this as a reason to put more trust in him.
Comic book publishers can put all the trust in the world up King's ass but they won't be publishing comics for much longer, famalama

literally who?

Its human nature to give bad things more attention than good things. When a light switch works, we don't give it a second thought, but when a light switch stops working, we lose our goddamn minds and it becomes the focal point of our day to fix it.

real talk, is Tom King another case of "The real hero were the people holding him back" case when he wrote Vision? Because how the fuck does a book about the fucking Vision of all characters just run laps around a Batman book

> CAT
> BAT
> CAT
> BAT
> CAT
> BAT
> MEEOWW
> CAT
> BAT

>PTSD thing kind works in Mr. Miracle
No it fucking didn't

The Eisners are fucking meaningless

Mister Miracle was a legit awesome book. Batman is a mixed bag, but has its moments.

>constantly reliving it because he doesn’t want to escape the good moments in between.
THATS THE FUCKING PROBLEM! Scott fucking Free chose to stay in a prison. You sound like the jackass I talked to today, who said "Love how Bendis is making Kryptonians assholes" which I had to tell him wasn't a new fucking idea.

Miracle stared strong but about half way through it takes a steep nosedive, like he only had enough material for 6 Issues and had to pad out the rest

Yea Forums loved him when he was in Marvel writing The Visions

>You sound like the jackass I talked to today, who said "Love how Bendis is making Kryptonians assholes" which I had to tell him wasn't a new fucking idea.

On here or other message boards, or in real life? Cause if it's here or other message boards, I suspect shills.

Why the fuck would they give DuVernay another big cosmic film after the trainwreck of A Wrinkle In Time? At least that had a young adult angle, so it matched a little better. Adding King is just pouring gasoline on the dumpster fire?

I know Warners is stupid, but shit like Harley Quinn 2: Birds Of Prey and this are staggering with how badly they were thought out.

what'd he win it for? Should've gotten it for his Vision series.

I feel like the opposite is probably what happened. He probably had more free reign with how to mentally fuck Vision's new family, but writing Batman probably came with a thousand strings attached from higher ups. Can't convince me that wedding botch wasn't in part influenced by executives pushing for Bats ultimately getting snubbed.

No it didn't. And no, it didn't.

King is a one trick pony (angst/dialogue). If you like the trick you'll like his work but if you don't or you become bored then he quickly turns unreadable. There's a reason why you only put veteran writers on the headline titles and don't hand huge ambitious runs to the new guys, the only way to tell the one hit wonders from the creative minority is through reading a lot of their work made over a length of time.

Bane?

>Giving a fuck about "awards" that're just excuses for the industry to jerk itself off
Imagine being this mentally defunct.

That's how it works, that's how it always worked. Batman is constantly getting outsmarted, Superman is always getting pummeled by alien, Green Lanterns always doubt their own willpower, your greatest strength if where you get challenged.

Good for him! Marvel should get him.

The Eisner's are like the Oscars, a bunch of self-congratulating arteests and critics telling each other how great they are.

What trashing? I know Frank Miller is the resident crazy uncle, but I don't think even he would go out and shittalk a colleague.

and yet he's still getting kicked off Batman after devastating sales.

Alan Moore jumped ship because he's seen the direction comics are going and wants no part of it.

Mister Miracle was great. Objectively, a great book.

Tom King deserves the recognition he's getting. Batman aside, his work on Grayson, Omega Men, Vision, and Mister Miracle has shown him to be the best, most consistent writer working in superhero comics today.

You mean Yea Forums loved him before he was on Batman.

King is a legit good writer. Much better than many writers we have in the industry.

Yes. The Masketta man

>HAHAHA Yea Forums on suicide watch
He still sells like shit.

who? Never heard of him

>Mister Miracle was great. Objectively, a great book.
it is Cancer.

>King is a legit good writer
HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>HAHAHA Yea Forums on suicide watch Kings Batman is so awful it sells like shit.

Go see a therapist, King

Lots of awful shit gets nominated for an Eisner.
This is nothing new, and hardly comes as a surprised to anyone.

Jesus, King really is the Zack Snyder of comics.

King’s word means nothing. He is a liar and manipulative asshole.
Omega Men is shit. Its the prelude to his depression/ptsd obsession.

Stay bitter Wallytard

>Stay bitter Wallytard
Tom king still sells like shit.

>Tom king still sells like shit.
Tom King seems like a bit of a snowflake or DC just thought his story was shit. I

His Batman is meh at best.despise Tom King’s Batman. He turned the character into a beta male simp who comes across as whiny and extremely mentally unstable to the point where he’s starting to become no different than his arch enemies.

At this point half of Tom Kings writing is masturbatory self therapy and the other half is "clever" references to the works of better writers.

King is a cunt.

Tom King defenders eating his shit.

And he fucking failed you Kingshill

salty >Kingfag none of this, try again. >>
Check the old monthly sales? They're posted fairly often. his book did pretty badly for an event.

Is there a bigger fucking joke than the Eisner awards? The Emmys maybe.

Hold on to your buts

Attached: 8DACC022-0D96-43F9-A0E7-531C825AF57B.jpg (1332x2048, 768K)

>A bunch of nepotistic incestual judges from a stagnant industry give an award to someone who typifies what they like.

The funny thing is that they also care about other people's awards too; like all the british comic writers and artists winning the Eagle Award and this apparently being a big thing when they were being headhunted in the 70s and 80s.

I haven't read his Batman, but his Vision book was NOT good.

>but his Vision book was NOT good
There are fans who enjoy King's particular style; they dig the decompression, the heavy dialogue and the lack of a linear structure. Which is good for them and I'm not going to tell anybody they can't like what they like however, for me, the idea that Scott who's whole shtick has been seeking freedom no matter the cost or difficulty would suddenly embrace the notion that "making the best of a bad situation is real freedom" misses the point of the character.

The Eisners have been upside down for a few years now. Look at the people who boast that they are on the nominating/voting committees and this should be no surprise.

user you're telling this to a bunch of mostly fags whose identities and personalities are based entirely on being fags
have some awareness

>Eisners
Yeah, nobody cares. This award has been a joke for years now.

Vision displayed flaws that people ignored so he took these flaws and turned them to 11 because people are up his shit.

You're a retard, stop posting.

you're not really anonymous if you tell everyone that you're a nigger in every post you make

you could just pretend to be a normal human being here

you could share your opinions without immiediately invalidating any point you might have had with niggerisms and aside from your lack of affect no one would be the wiser

but you don't

why is that user? why are you so self-hating that you won't allow yourself to act like a person instead?