Is SU the best show of the 2010s?

Attached: 8F81635C-D875-4E29-B78D-8146468B5AA8.jpg (1904x1125, 231K)

Other urls found in this thread:

discordservers
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No. Absolutely not.

Good ideas on paper horrible ideas in execution. See Jasper. See the Diamonds.

Fuck no.

hell no

Honestly no but i respect it a lot for trying to create something that was bigger in scale than CN was doing before.
is right, too many flawed executions to be the best, see pic related colored concept art compared to in show cluster.

I like it but not the best of 2010's, god no

Attached: the_cluster__steven_universe_concept_art__by_saintnaruto_dbg8am9-pre.jpg (1058x755, 96K)

Damn, that Cluster looks cool

>routinely job to The Loud House in ratings and emmys
No.

Nah its gotta be something from the early part of the decade seeing as cartoons have been on a steep decline in quality since 1994.

That would be Adventure Time, whether you like it or not.

God no. Between the:
>Crippling itself with an 11-minute runtime
>Characters constantly resorting to crying and screaming out their emotions for drama
>The terrible anime acting they force the characters to have instead of being inspired by how real people act
>The awfully inconsistent art for simple designs that should be easy for any art graduate to understand
>The writers not realizing the implications of characters such as Ruby and Sapphire and treating their love as "healthy" instead of scarily dependent
>Splitting up the human and alien element post season 2, causing audiences to be uninterested in townie episodes because they no longer have gems

It's amazing this show still has a fanbase at all. I would've loved slice-of-life mixed with fish-out-of-water characters like pic related, but they kept putting the spotlight on shit people don't care about.

Nobody cares about Ruby and Sapphire's relationship. Nobody gives a shit about Lars and Sadie. Onion and his gang are fucking boring. I want more instances of the gems fucking up an arcade because they just don't get how it works while it also reveals that Garnet has three eyes in seamless storytelling fashion.

Attached: ce7.gif (540x304, 2.39M)

I will now list shows of the 2010s that are better than SU

Kick Buttowski: Suburban Daredevil
Mary Shelley's Frankenhole
Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated
Regular Show
Ugly Americans
The Amazing World of Gumball
ThunderCats
Bob's Burgers
China, IL
Dan Vs.
Green Lantern: The Animated Series
The Looney Tunes Show
Randy Cunningham: 9th Grade Ninja
Gravity Falls
Kaijudo
Motorcity
Tron: Uprising
Mickey Mouse
Teen Titans Go!
Wander Over Yonder
Sonic Boom
BoJack Horseman
Over the Garden Wall
Penn Zero: Part-Time Hero
Miraculous Ladybug
F Is for Family
Moonbeam City
Star vs. the Forces of Evil
SuperMansion
Justice League Action
Legend Quest
Castlevania
Tangled: The Series
Ballmastrz 9009
The Dragon Prince
DC Super Hero Girls

Attached: 1561570695160.png (784x1484, 1.37M)

Kek. Not even in the top 20.

not even top 50 user

Were there even 50 cartoons made in the past 10 years?

>SU
>best anything

If you count the Canadian ones yeah.

that's just how bad SU is
it's best at being shit

No, it's good moments are completely shat on the head by the rest of the show

It builds up to something that seems so epic. But their conclusions fall so damn flat. I want this show to be so damn good but it feels like every problem can be solved with such petty solutions. What was stopping white diamond from just ripping that gem back out and crushing steven's human body? This is what stopped her. "You acting like a child, I am a child, why you throwing a fit to huh HUH?" And that's it. This all powerful being shut down by that. I ain't even hyped for this "TV" movie since he'll redeem this gem to.

Based

Attached: 1495218747078.png (400x400, 158K)

>Star vs the Forces Of Evil
Well, 24 out of 25 isn’t bad.

FPBP

discordservers com/server/307213144059674625

It Was, but everything goes shit in season 5

To be fair they said better, not good

What is this?

Look at it's competition. It's all fucking episodic, comedic, toothless, and stupid.

And Steven Universe is STILL shit

Even Sanjay and Craig is better than SJW Universe

Attached: DsS9A17XoAEA0WJ.jpg (1024x1024, 177K)

fuck no. everything past season 2 was absolute garbage.
not even praising SU, but fuck that show went downhill fast.

Boy, The Flaming Thongs is a better show in every regard. At least it's MEANT to look ugly.

Kick Buttowski was shit, it's one of those throwaway series Disney had because they needed more animated shows besides Phineas and Ferb. Same with Fish Hooks.

>Miraculous Ladybug
I don't know how you listed one of the few 2010s shows that's actually WORSE than Steven Universe in a list that could've been 98% of any cartoons released and still be right.

Attached: 1504064487603.jpg (184x184, 23K)

> Not a single of these shows are from Nickelodeon

>Nickelodeon
>relevant in the last 15 years

Regular Show you faggot

My cartoon of the decade is Samurai Jack Season 5. Despite its flaws, it’s by far the best direction in television cartoons this decade, no contest. It’s overhated.

Other contestants are Over the Garden Wall, Symbionic Titan, Scooby Doo: Mystery Incorporated, OK KO: Let’s Be Heroes, Motor City, Wander Over Yonder and Tangled: The Series.

>2010
SpongeBob is more popular than any of the shit he listed

Steven's technically a lesbian right?

>actually WORSE than Steven Universe
Let's make a list and see how wrong this statement is:

SU has
>shitty songs
>shitty music
>crying every episode
>faggotry
>trannies
>ugly characters
>boring plots
>no action
>aimless story
>the cringiest fanbase since Frozen

Ladybug has
>no songs
>cute girls in tights
>superhero action
>one love subplot
>hardly any fanbase to create cancer

>capeshit
Cringe

Fuck no lmao

Hahahahahah.

.... No.

That might be Gravity Falls, or Phineas and Ferb, just to name a few. Though I guess P&F didn't start in the 2010s.

P&F was made in the early 90's

Nah, GF isn’t much better

>cute girls in tights
Oh, of course. It's a waifufag. No point arguing when you think with your dick.

He's a straight(?) FTM.

Attached: 1531289108648.gif (540x304, 1.54M)

Sounds right

Absolutely fucking not.
The first two seasons had the potential to go somewhere amazing but it was squandered HARD even before five irreparably broke the series.
Really as far as story driven(ish) cartoons go I will give it to Ballmastrz 9009 of all things. It was funny, didn't shit the bed once and wrapped up its story in one season with enough open for another season but didn't leave you hanging.

It would have to be a good show for that.

Attached: 1495939.png (679x427, 13K)

Fucking Canadians pound out animated shows faster than an Italian grandma makes meatballs at a wedding.

oh?
did he touch a nerve? mad because you can't fill tights without people calling the police?

Attached: 1562730273714.jpg (2048x2048, 240K)

No it was utter garbage

Lovely analogy

10s were rough for cartoons.

>Lesbian space rocks teaching children about consent
What the fuck

>OK KO
I don't care how good it may be, the animation makes it impossible for me to watch

Nah, it’s regular show

It did have a garbage era of nothing but Muscle Man and BetaCai episodes but the majority is better than the flaws and it actually ended properly instead of building shit up for 20,000 years only to fuck it up

Not even the top 10. I have see show waste so much potential since Danny Phantom. For a cartoon with an 11 minute run time, the SU writers saw fit to drag their asses in almost ever instance they had to make this show good. On top of the character behavior is some this oddest, illogical shit I've seen in a cartoon. The way that everyone reacts to events in the show both past and present is insane.
>1/2 of the main cast (Garnet and Pearl) are genuine war veterans
>They were involved in a conflict so gut-wrenching and nightmarish(described in-show as a 'maelstrom of destruction and death') that it's all they can do to not to burst into tears when retelling the events to Steven
>Said conflict was with totalitarian, oligarchical society, and it all culminated in the hakai-ing of 90% of the protagonist faction
>When the time finally comes for the cast to confront the heads of the empire responsible for the literal graveyards full of friends and allies, it's hugs and kisses all around.
Whereas most character would've logically reacted to all of this with piss boiling rage and a hard-on for vengeance, the cast just treats all of it as "meh, shit happens".

What annoys me the most in a show full of annoying out of character moments is Bismuth.
She was betrayed by Rose even after tossing her life away for her just for coming up with a permanent solution for the tyrant she was taught to hate. She was so broken and confused that she thought Steven was just Rose fucking with her and she ended up poofed again only to once again be sealed away by the people she cared the most about.
Two seasons later she is revived and told that the reason Rose poofed her and hid her away where nobody would likely ever find her for thousands of years is because she WAS the tyrant she claimed to be fighting and she didn't want to get shattered.
Her reaction is "Oh that makes sense." then she goes to a gay wedding only pausing because she thinks her friends might not want to be friends with her anymore.
Two episodes later she is hanging out with the Diamonds.
I don't know what word to use to describe that character arc without sounding too Tumblry other than completely ass backwards and fucked up.

Everyone involved with this needs to be shot, NKVD style.

Not even the best CN show of the 2010s. That title belongs to Gumball.

>"HURR UMAD?"
>Posts pic of waifu that literally eats shit

Take your scat fetishes elsewhere.