Why is everyone suddenly loveing this show

why is everyone suddenly loveing this show
I am talking about amphibia of course

Attached: cz7j89dhnz531.png (518x706, 582K)

Other urls found in this thread:

discordservers
mega.nz/#F!uo1m1QhK!DeTvIGahcYJYFv8ztbYVdw
youtube.com/watch?v=XMXgHfHxKVM
youtube.com/watch?v=xXlsmMRvXkM
youtube.com/watch?v=uwY84Fg4NsM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

still cute

Attached: 1552794112880.png (1150x1000, 418K)

>suddenly
it's only been out for like a month you faggot

And just like that, this thread is now ruined.

It's already got more heart and soul than Star Vs had at any point in its run, even during Season 2.

Attached: dcijyfo-2d49e815-31ef-437b-9933-f3861b3efc61.png (887x866, 260K)

watch it for yourself, we don't need to tell you

Attached: 1563340805843.gif (1280x720, 401K)

And part 1 is already over... god damn, they should have paced themselves, the wait will be long.

If you're looking for Star Vs. shipping garbage, Amphibia is not the place you're looking for.
That said, Amphibia is a great show, give it a try.

Attached: dabbing for frog jesuschrist.png (537x667, 514K)

This. They could have easily aired two episodes weekly and have a steady stream of new content with little downtime for the next season. Now we're going to have to wait 6 months to a year just for production to finish and air season two. Summee Camp Island had the same problem. Why are these people so retarded man?

Attached: maid frog.jpg (1196x2048, 331K)

this show is just fucking keroro

Attached: Sgt-frog.jpg (600x350, 63K)

Exactly your image
This is the Star Vs replacement in every regard besides a straight ship so far

Yeah, I don't think so. While Amphibia is wacky adventures on a strange world, that's as far as it resembles Star vs.

It came out and was good

I have no idea why Amphibia is getting so popular here considering:
1. It's Disney
2. The virtue signaling

>The virtue signaling
Nigga, where?

>"Wacky adventures" like Star Vs, especially first couple of seasons
>"Quirky" faces and young girls to sexualize like Star Vs
>"Magical world" like Star Vs
>"Slight lore" that will turn to heavy lore like Star Vs
>Constant spamming of threads, both sexualized and spammy, from Star Vs fans
This is Star Vs quite literally, all that needs to happen is some male schoolmate is brought in for season 2. There's nothing you can say to prove otherwise

>non-white protagonist
>white friend being on the """"wrong"""" side

right wingers everybody

Attached: 4ab396fc20bb9786d33e60712a381446.jpg (396x600, 26K)

>this show has tropes in it, therefore it is like this other show with tropes in it

Two factors.

A. The entire season is now available to binge.
B. Numerous false flag threads are being made to discredit it as a topic. It's not as popular as it seems but enough so that it's become a target for those worried it might catch on. In the end it's pretty self defeating as you're increasing the show's exposure.

It's Star Vs 2 that's why
It has no quality it just has girls they can fap to

Witnessed

Attached: 1558381127251.gif (480x345, 3.46M)

>Show is like one show so it's compared to another show
Yeah that's how it works

1. It's still Disney. Yea Forums wants to murder EVERYONE working for Disney.
2. It's still a non-Caucasian protag with a Caucasian friend on the "bad guy's" side. According to Yea Forums, that's absolutely promoting white genocide.

It's good, way better than Star Vs. imo, I specally like Anne and Sprig way better than Star and Marco.

Cable television relies on reruns. This way, they can run the show continuously without interrupting the schedule for new episodes.

The characters are completely different tho, the show in general has a way different tone to Star Vs., it's way less quirky and random and there's more focus on platonic friendships than in romantic relationships.

>It has no quality
I think there are good qualities about the show that don't revolve around fucking the female characters

>It's still Disney. Yea Forums wants to murder EVERYONE working for Disney.
Yea Forums ain't a hivemind, not everyone thinks the same thing

Checked and based

but keroro has alot of boy frogs to draw being gay
Amphibia only has one boy frog

>besides a straight ship
They got Sprig and Ivy tho

Attached: flustered ivy.jpg (930x519, 34K)

>Yea Forums ain't a hivemind
99.9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% of Yea Forums is absolutely a hivemind.

cute fuckin scene
also HP and Sylvia's elaine tier dancing

>"Wacky adventures" like Star Vs, especially first couple of seasons
You could describe a shit ton of show with just the phrase "Wacky adventures". And Amphibia is ironically a bit more slice of life when you actually look at it.
>"Magical world" like Star Vs
Amphibia isn't outright magic tho, magic does exist but most conflict and adventures happen because of their frog traditions or some bug/plant monster.

>Yea Forums wants to murder EVERYONE working for Disney.
You have to be stupid to think that. People just hate the higher ups and the occasional animator when they shoehorn in politics

I just hate their shitty live action remakes myself, I don't know nor care enough about Disney executives to form an opinion

Why do anons constantly deny their hateful, murderous nature? I thought theyr were proud of not being like normalfags.

because anne a cute
star a whore

Because I don't want to fucking kill people nor be lumped into a generalization that I do

Amphibia has:
>constructed jokes
>economic dialogue and characters with clear motivations
>a well planned fantasy world with internal logic and a limited scope that is defined early on
>choreographed fights with dramatic weight
>fantasy clans defined by genuine sense of culture

Star Vs has
>awkward situations
>quirkiness and personalities
>multiple kingdoms, dimensions, and temporal zones that seem to exist completely separate, with little sense of scale or relationship to one another, and invented at will
>majority of battle consists of magic spells that throw some kind of creature or object in a beam, with little difference in effectiveness
>clans defined by economic station

I am someone who watched Star Vs from beginning to end, against better judgement, and I can unequivocally say that one season of Amphibia brought me more moments of enjoyment, laughs, and satisfaction than all of Star Vs.

>not yet

discordservers com/server/307213144059674625

Stop posting cheese pizza invites, pedo.

>still denying his true nature
That's exactly what I'm talking about. Just because the FBI is constantly watching Yea Forums, it doesn't mean they're gonna beat down your door for revealing your murderous nature, user.

But Asians are white you idiot

Sasha isn't Asian.

Why do you think this place is filled 100% with psychopaths? This isn't Yea Forums shit, we just want to discuss some toons. I'm here because I find it way more civil then other sites when having legitimate discussions of toons

>why is everyone suddenly loveing this show
because it's good

the fuck is this

>Why do you think this place is filled 100% with psychopaths?
You're willfully ignoring all the posts complaining redheads being "blackwashed," the unending racism, the shitstorms every time someone posts the Superman Smashes the Klan adaptation.
Yea Forums is a hivemind of hatred and murderous intent, and it's high time everyone here stopped denying it.

>Russians
>White

Summer vacation. All the kids are home all day. Better to hook them while they've got them, then subsist on reruns for the next several months.

Unlike you goddamn nerds kids don't mind constant reruns of their fav toons.

Yes, Russians ARE white. Whatever made you think otherwise?

Attached: typical commie drink.jpg (750x900, 61K)

I don't know, I thought the conflict with Toffee at its high point was still pretty top tier.

Amphibia's finale still made me tear up like a bitch though.

Attached: 3405384.jpg (710x955, 101K)

S2 was really good at points, particularly Ludo which has something of a similar energy of Sasha's gain of power
After the s3 premier though it fucking PLUMMETS

I can’t speak for the others but for me, I just started watching it.

The gif is too damn slow

Attached: 1559078641108~2.jpg (2000x1114, 318K)

>POPULAR BAD
>UNPOPULAR GOOD

and amphibia is comfy asf

She's voiced by an Asian

Yes, you're finally grasping the truth about """"entertainment,"""" user. Good for you.

I don't mind reruns. What I mind is the long wait.

This
Also Amphibian has a story that’s easy to follow
Star is so convoluted that I barely understand what’s going on.

>Star is so convoluted that I barely understand what’s going on.
Eh, the first two season of Star Vs. are actually straightforward. It's literally after Toffee was defeated than the show went all over the place with no concrete plot not solid lore nor clear characterization in any of its characters.
It's like the show was planed to be a two seasons wonder and they got more seasons yet no solid material to work with.

>It's literally after Toffee was defeated than the show went all over the place with no concrete plot not solid lore nor clear characterization in any of its characters.
That’s precisely what I’m talking about. The show should have ended after toffee was defeated.

>everyone slobbing the knob over how much they like toffee
>kill him, kind of underwhelming but still a decent way to end th-
>there's still two fucking seasons to go
the show died with the lizard

to be fair it was a good quality lizard.

Frogposting

>Also Amphibian has a story that’s easy to follow
I want to say it's a story with clear vision. It knows where it's headed, it knows its themes, and it's crafted with intelligence, creativity, and technical skill. A lot of effort went into making the story unfold effortlessly. They made it look easy.

Star Vs on the other hand never escapes its patchwork nature. It had no roadmap, and leaned too heavily into magical contrivances to move its story forward. There's a line between whimsy and scattershot. Star Vs danced on it for 2 seasons, then barrelled through it with the grace of a drunken driver mowing down schoolchildren.

I need more art of Ivy and Maddie together, preferably of the lewd variety

>finale
its already over?

*Part One Finale.

Season finale

i wanna draw Maddie and Ivy handholding.

You sick son of a bitch

did they ever say how many we'll get? It was nice with Tangled because they said it would be 3 seasons right at the very start

Isn't toadie a boy frog

Just wait couple of years and Yea Forums would be saying Amphibia was always shit. Like with any other show.

Is this what schizophrenia looks like?

Because it's good

Not if it doesn't go to shit. Just because Star Vs and Stephen Universe and Adventure Time and Gravity Falls all turned to shit doesn't mean every cartoon has to. ATLA stayed good the whole way through and Yea Forums still likes it.

>Yea Forums still likes it
user, I

at least Tangled will always be remembered fondly
by all fifty of us that ever watched it

Nothing is good. Not cartoons, not comics, not movies, NOTHING.

nothing you say?

Attached: akbaa.jpg (1390x1390, 273K)

quit being such a miserable person

what about billy and mandy
that was good

No, fuck off. Nothing is good and you're a retard for thinking otherwise.

Attached: 1558143771254.jpg (280x360, 77K)

Nah, it looks better on you, optimistic retard.

>suddenly

I see more people lament that Gravity Falls simply ended too soon then saying it was all outright shit.

Attached: 94576945.png (1105x676, 1010K)

Did a recent re-watch of that, and it doesn't hold up as I thought it would. The relationship shit was worse that I remembers, but all that shit about Grunkle Stan was fine. Good even. But overall, nope.

>whine about the lack of soul and originality in modern cartoons
>don't watch a soulful show with a modestly original style when it comes out
This is why Yea Forums can't have nice things. Amphibia should be something we all agree on but some of you faggots just won't fucking watch cartoons.

Attached: 1560874978259.jpg (1280x720, 90K)

Gravity Falls was a "you had to be there" series regarding the reputation it built up that has been buoyed by lewds. The actual show holds up horribly and is barely watchable after the first time.

Well, there's certainly an interest with this show as there's quite a lot of activity going on in threads about it. Also while Yea Forums or rather Yea Forums in general, isn't one person, it sure does like complaining

Yeah, but anyone asking "why do people like this show" clearly hasn't seen it. It's a good fucking show, that's why people like it.

Yeah I was actually expecting to be meh about it based on the concept, but it ended up being my favorite

That's how people on this site will sometimes act. Complain about a show/video game that they haven't seen/played for whatever reason and saying the only reason people like it is because of the female characters

I feel like we watched the show for very different reasons.

Nice

Attached: JPEG_20190713_111110.png (595x595, 341K)

I'm not sexually attracted to anyone in Amphibia and I like the show meanwhile I want to cum on Stars feet

>Is it true that you may consider reincarnating as a woman.
>Yeah, but only if she's hot.
Based Tenzin.

Attached: 1551736988048.jpg (1200x630, 367K)

That's just one of the many ways Amphibia subverts expectations. Normally, those people would be right that a sizeable number of Yea Forums viewers are in it for the waifus, but Anne is a great character because she's a fembro, not because she's waifu material.

Attached: 1548454405223.jpg (898x766, 147K)

Wrong. I always hated reruns even as a kid. I already saw this episode, why do I need to see it again?

>ATLA
Do you have any examples that aren't wannabe anime shit?

To be fair the previews make it look like shit and the visuals seem cookie cutter as fuck.
I am not judging the show because I haven't seen it yet but from the outside it certainly looks pretty bad and not exactly original.

based Yea Forums poster

there's no cute boys, why even watch it?

That's one of the disappointing differences between Yea Forums and Yea Forums. Yea Forums will at least give an anime 1-3 episodes before dropping it and moving on to something they actually want to watch, while Yea Forums just bitches about everything based on promo art and trailers without ever actually watching it.

From the group:
>Amphibia
>The owl house
>Infinity train
My less favorite show was amphibia until it aired. It was far better that I expected.

Imagine not being able to enjoy things. That should be a really sad live, boi.

Attached: f8f.jpg (1280x1695, 164K)

>not wanting to lick the frog
u wot

Attached: 1549185599199.jpg (436x436, 29K)

As some user said, modern viewers are pretty unreliable, they like something and the next day they look for something completly different.

>Unlike you goddamn nerds kids don't mind constant reruns of their fav toons.
Spoken like someone who never knew the heartbreak of coming home from school and tuning in to Toonami only to see Raditz on the fucking screen yet again.

Jesus Christ, didn't the show premiere like 2 weeks ago?

>he doesnt know about Canal 5
What? You want to see new Yugioh GX episodes?
TOO BAD
OKAMI EPISODE BITCH

gotchu covered user

Attached: andy.png (593x677, 618K)

hes right though.
cartoons as a medium have hit their limit.

Not really

It premiered a little over a month ago, but it aired four nights a week, which is why the season went by so fast.

All he said was nothing is good

What it the world is canal 5?

Nibba the finale reached 800+ replies in the midnight.

I'm fairly certain it's popular and we are getting in the "Yea Forums goes contrarian vs something popular" phase.
People love this show, and fuck it's well deserved.

Attached: 1563440328474.jpg (848x1200, 149K)

>Rushing home to check out the latest episode of Cyborg 009
>It was replaced by DBZ reruns
On the other hand reruns let me watch Super Robot Monkey Team Hyper Force Go so young me had mixed feelings on them.

>vs something popular

star?

Attached: 4343.jpg (684x808, 81K)

for imbeciles like (you).

slightly more detailed version

Attached: andy2.png (593x677, 625K)

>BoyAnne
If there's one thing I want these Star vs. refugees to bring into these threads, it's turning the main character into a boy.

Attached: 1451062472550.png (269x335, 8K)

Superior.

Attached: Star_Butterfly_by_gksrhkdtmd.jpg (600x825, 146K)

Yare yare...

Attached: IMG_20190721_004732.jpg (2000x2000, 332K)

Attached: New home.png (1345x1457, 502K)

The spirits of the frogs are quite similar tho.

Keroro - Sprig
Tamama - Polly
Giroro - (still vacant)
Kururu - Maddie
Dororo - Wally

hell yeah

Attached: 1552058071257.png (820x910, 340K)

imagine how popular a side adventure series between these two be?

There is nothing else new and bland to watch.

>there's no cute boys,
Holy cringola

Attached: funnyfrog.jpg (880x936, 288K)

checkmate

Attached: blackRussian.jpg (1280x720, 45K)

inb4 sasha is more evil than frog man

I didn't see the last episode so sorry if that already happened

lookit that pimp cane

Why have you not watched it? Go watch it now, ideally legally but if you can't then here: mega.nz/#F!uo1m1QhK!DeTvIGahcYJYFv8ztbYVdw

Giroro wouldn't be the Toad Leader?

I think the best thing about Amphibia compared to Star Vs. is that I don’t have to cringe through the fucking theme song
They reanimated Stars whole intro but didn’t take the time to record a new song that wasn’t utter shit and didn’t reflect the show
Amphibias is kino by comparison

Attached: 722DA6B9-5602-4A2B-A3B4-FDC881011732.jpg (432x768, 32K)

I see amphibia as a bit still but well maintained, the show doesn't have a lot of remarkable moments but they keep their shit together and can nail an ending.

It's much more like Gravity Falls than anything.

>two established romances without any love triangles in sight
Perhaps this show's greatest accomplishment.

Attached: 1563691323106.png (886x426, 625K)

The cutest couple.

>pulling her hat down over her face
Shit was adorable

>intro blatantly lies about Ludo still having a role in the story
Reeeee

Watch it you ninny

there's definitely some magic going on with that skirt

Attached: shot.png (1920x1080, 3.24M)

I wonder if the frogs make underwear in her size.

They actually ran out of budget, no joke.

Attached: 1550057950209.png (1074x972, 933K)

Sasha is not evil. She's just a bit manipulative. Grime solve problems by using the force, while Sasha tries use nice word to do so.

They are not evils. Grime just tries to keep his vassal towns under control, Sasha is just an average mean teenager. They are really likeable characters.

Attached: sasha_and_grime_by_arokham_ddba4ie-pre.jpg (974x821, 38K)

So the shitposters and the f-annes both ran out of steam it looks like.

Attached: 1560928993928.gif (780x532, 635K)

Drugs episode was fucking awsome.

I'm surprised that this is basically the amphibia thread right now
But I WAS right, don't know which one I said it in, but give it a little while and the shitposters would move on. SDCC just made it happen sooner than I expected

>Sasha is not evil. She's just a bit manipulative.
The problem is that Sasha is white. Therefore she's automatically evil and only deserves death according to SJWs.

Sasha is kind of a bad person.
But not the kind of evil that makes a full-on war criminal.

Attached: 1563692003196.jpg (960x711, 43K)

shut the fuck up, you aren't fooling anyone

Why the hell are you on Yea Forums if you're not gonna shitpost?

i liked the design of teapot hop pop

She is a brat and delinquent, but I don't think she had any kind of ill-will towards Anne in any capacity. Anne's characterized as an extreme pushover, so she never got to tell Sasha she doesn't like doing things, for Sasha it's just seems like they are both having fun. That's why finale shook her so much.

Sprig and poli solo episode when?

hello 2011 newfag

THE TOADS ARE PUTTING CHEMICALS IN THE WATER, THAT TURN THE FRIGGIN' FROGS GAY

Attached: GAY FROGS.png (1000x1000, 268K)

Is it safe to assume these townies will have multiple episodes about them right?

>that cluster of tadpoles
Polly needs friends her age too

Attached: 1563735450056.png (1278x674, 1.66M)

all of them? I doubt it

>thinking it's the toads
with newts you lose

Anne is just too cute for me to take! I just want to hold her hand and pat her head while she blushes and tells me to stop embarrassing her

Attached: 8778016557.png (1280x720, 890K)

>ywn go to her family's restaurant on an overcast day and eat spicy thai food with her while she's on break

Screw that! I just want to grab her, put her over my shoulder, go buy her a new pair of shoes and give her a hot shower.

Attached: Anne Undies.png (4152x2307, 1.75M)

You sick.

Attached: Not_happy.png (609x411, 285K)

they better giver her two shoes in Part two

wet socking for 2+ months was just gross

It's kind of a funny gag that she never replaces it but god almighty this

dumb frogposter

>give handjobs to each other's hands.
The lewdest kind of handholding

Attached: nothin personnel.png (609x411, 283K)

You know Sasha would just gonna make Anne give her the shoes once she sees them.

Minus gundam references

what about his wife the emo girl?

>making someone give you their shoes
they probably don't even have the same size feet, that's just a pure fucking dominance play
Sasha probably hoards them to masturbate with

They're just bros now.

Attached: 1562672369624.png (850x850, 157K)

sadly

Ivy is cuter tho

Attached: sprigy.jpg (1100x1000, 69K)

I will never not like witch characters

Attached: D_pJFfeX4AAW7M6.jpg (1000x1400, 79K)

I disagree, but I like creepy girls.

Attached: Maddie Mossa.png (1621x3164, 2.08M)

It's good and Cotugno-free.

It's missing that vital cuckqueaning element, though.

literally genocide.

she is a simple baker's daughter
not creepy at all

Anne chose frogs over Sasha
Maybe we'll get our quota of suffering from her in 2

GIVE MEGA / TORRENT FOR HD EPISODES OF FROG GIRL SHOW

Attached: 1461607625724.png (630x634, 218K)

She's now also a witch who casts curses and foresees peoples' deaths.

...who practices magic and hexes.

It might have been different if Sasha wasn't eager and willing to kill them, especially taking a swing at Sprig. She set herself up for that.

mega.nz/#F!uo1m1QhK!DeTvIGahcYJYFv8ztbYVdw
Here you go

Attached: D_p6lXmXkAAvhSF.jpg (1200x675, 62K)

ARIGATO FROG FRIEND
HERE'S A MUSCLE GIRL FOR YOU SERVICE

Attached: 36.png (438x1524, 243K)

>white girl is only viewed as evil because she's forced to work with a frog
The way the subtext in this show dabs and dunks on morons like you is kino.

Attached: 1538012358897.png (1280x756, 2.21M)

hnnnnng, nice

Why did you get rid of the dimple?

Attached: 1536890024610.png (609x411, 284K)

>forced to work with a frog
Her PARTNERSHIP with the TOADS is one of the best parts of the show. Sasha and Grime respect each other and are sincere bros. He offered to let her go her own way but knew that would be a likely futile, wasteful way of going about things and offered an alternative that worked for both of them

>"Oh Marcoooo~! You'll never guess who gets to guest-cameo in Amphibia Season 2!"

Attached: D_trGOvUEAEF02R.jpg (1152x648, 76K)

>Working class poor
>Dressed like a pauper
>Deeply values love and emotions but mature enough to accept romantic rejection
>Loyal to friends and fights against injustice

Creepy is her most superficial quality. She has a lot more in common with Sprig, but he's too immature to see it.

Attached: D_W3WEmUIAA-bKE.png large.png (600x900, 460K)

>"Staaaar-har-har...!? What's happening!? What did you dooooo..."

Attached: D_tzpETU0AEHCku.png (348x446, 13K)

>Sasha and Grime respect each other and are sincere bros.
This is one of the strongest qualities of this show. It creates complex characters without having to say much. Grime recognizes talent and Sasha recognizes power. Both are antagonists but neither are villains.

As barbaric and cruel as the toads are, they are the first line of defense against threats to all of Amphibia. Even Hop Pop acknowledged this when he told Sprig "they're a militarized culture."

I guess it's by virtue of Toastool's corruption and the fact that the frogs fixate more towards a carnivorous protein diet than a normal human's heavy grain based consumption but you'd think the town baker would be a pretty lucrative position

So when in season 2 will it be revealed hoppop was really the leader of an underground rebellion all along?

Being poor is the only thing she have in common with Sprig that Ivy doesn't, and they don't share any hobbie.

Both frog girls are cute tho

Attached: Amphibia-g3mfuck3r-Maddie_Flour-Ivy_Sundew-paheal.net-3173836.png (1200x1801, 880K)

I just noticed this canon Pepe

Attached: EABcwEHXkAA0fQG.jpg (680x383, 54K)

This. Grime is doing what he thinks is truly right, what's in the valley's best interest, and it's the same with Sasha regarding Anne. Of course how they're going about achieving their goals is questionable from an outside perspective, but everyone has reasons for how they're proceeding. They're not just doing harm for the sake of it.

>Anne stay in Amphibia
>the already towering xeno gets even more big by doing farm work every day
MOMMY!

Ivy is a bit more heavyset than that. You can see it in her face.

I hope there's some emphasis/acknowledgement of what chaos the toads are trying to protect the rest of the valley from.

>neither anne or sasha develop any visible muscle despite eating almost pure protein diets and doing lots of physical work
IT'S NOT FUCKING FAIR BROS

Anne doesn't have an annoying voice or personality to me, and it's a better take on the fish out of water story than Star vs. ever was. Most of all, though, it lacks Ponyhead, and isn't jumping whole hog into shipping crap.

Attached: Amphibia Mossa 1.jpg (1463x2048, 316K)

Nah he was with the group of esoterics that the one armed salamander woman in the bazaar is part of. But he left to pursue a normal life after the calamity box was presumed destroyed

Besides giant frog-eating herons?

Yeah.

Attached: asoiaf_the_wall.jpg (900x1192, 206K)

the real threat amphibia's people need to be protected from
are themselves. social disarray could, in a few months, undo generations of work spend taming the hostile wilds into places where life has the smallest chance of survival

Are you that one user going on about the same thing? Less than 3 month's training, bro. Even less for one of them, bro.

are you talking scum?!

>ATLA stayed good the whole way through and Yea Forums still likes it.
kek

>Nibba the finale reached 800+ replies in the midnight.
Who cares?

>I'm fairly certain it's popular and we are getting in the "Yea Forums goes contrarian vs something popular" phase.
This isn't true either

>People love this show, and fuck it's well deserved.
Kek

>background shows three girls fighting a gigant mage toad
what did they mean by this

Attached: q7g73ue1h6z21.png (1920x1080, 1.48M)

>cannibals are not only around, but seemingly common
I could believe this entirely. between that and the ravenous wild animals they could end up with total anarchy.

It's a metaphor for the three human arrivals working to slay the beast of class inequality and conflict among the amphibian races

Oh shut the fuck up. Reatrds like you were doing the same thing with Star Vs when its first season concluded yet it was a hot mess all the same but because waifufags got attached to it they went rampant all over it. Amphibia is nothing special and follows the same tropes all cartoons this decade have been following except its even more milquetoast and boring on top of that. All you're seeing is the same reaction Yea Forums gives to anything new and I guarantee you Owl House will be exactly the same way,

They're going to get roll up into a ball powers.

Attached: 1388804_181303442070469_471529694_n.jpg (480x480, 38K)

If you want to be pessimistic that's fine
I think amphibia has done well so far and until it fucks up I won't pretend that it has just to be a contrarian

kek patrol over here

And I would pretend that its done absolutely nothing that sets it apart from every cartoon this decade.

Attached: creepin.png (706x398, 194K)

>Sasha we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by toads with blades.

Attached: t0ads_by_boiledlemon.jpg (4096x1421, 740K)

Nice catch, I guess the box belongs to some evil mage that want to destroy the valley, and we will will have a team up between frog, toad and whatever faction is lodging the third friend to beat it

can't see shit, is there a version without the title?

Was she sniffing Anne's hair?

Attached: mural recreation by aziulpre.png (1280x720, 1020K)

dumb and ugly

Yes. Friends smell each other all the time!

Attached: Sasha is an Even More Terrible Friend.png (674x966, 123K)

>Attack on Heron

youtube.com/watch?v=XMXgHfHxKVM

It'd been months since she'd held anne in her arms and she couldn't exactly give her the fuck on the carriage ride like she'd planned with the Plantars riding along

Attached: porno music intensifies.png (1181x701, 898K)

Attached: based sasha.png (436x1372, 205K)

>Sasha's pauldron and ponytail
>Anne's poof
I guess Marcy joined the Ithilien rangers

MMMM CHECK PLEASE

Attached: 1563569824260.jpg (1600x1140, 443K)

spider knew what was up

based

That poor toad soldier would have been forced to listen to such alien sounds.

She is cute and smart, you pleb

Attached: ivy.png (650x800, 128K)

He'd probably be terrified and thinking they were having some kind of human combat ritual with their freakish otherworldy strength

She smol n thicc.

Attached: EABQDQvVUAANIcF.jpg large.jpg (2047x1625, 250K)

>That Ivy

Attached: 1559139675425.png (512x768, 545K)

>And my existence, though grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives.

Attached: 1563428112760.png (1920x952, 1.61M)

Was just about to post how I thought it was funny that the cold snap in the hibernation day episode appears in a literal instant similarly to winter arriving in the Bone comics, then I thought about it and realized shit's rife with similarities

>Both have 3 creatures get separated and wind up in a forested valley inhabited by a completely different species (though inverted since in Bone they came to a human land and Amphibia it's humans going to a frog world)
>Anne is a bear perfect amalgam of Fone and Smiley Bone; friendly, kind hearted, and kind of super dumb. Sasha is like Phoney, concerned solely with getting herself and her friends home but also good at taking advantage of the situation to build up her own power
>The bones end up staying at a farm with a grandparent who knows more about the supernatural shit happening than she lets on, and her grandchild, near a town that varyingly likes/hates them
>Forests are full of monsters
>Only real civilization in the valley is a single city ruled by militarized fanatics
>weird niggas in hoods that know about magic shit

Attached: whump.jpg (662x1024, 126K)

Attached: 2b8ca9a7e628ef3fb79f672112245ab0b99ced11.png (850x595, 409K)

I read that comic when I was a wee lad and though that panel was the official ending for years...

Attached: marcy_by_kritzelhalde.jpg (1280x1056, 238K)

Anne has a weird concept of what friends are and are not allowed to do.

>on the ride to Wartwood from Toad Tower
>"There's no way this can fail, Grimesy. Anne may have chased off your little tax collectors, but I've got her wrapped around my fingers."
>"Fingers? Plural?"
>"...slip of the tongue... he he he..."

Alright guys, you had your fun, but now it’s time to shoo shoo off to /trash/ to make room for based infinity train threads

Attached: 068AEA7F-F758-43F0-A1D9-0A753033405B.png (1682x1682, 1.33M)

I am just waiting for a new 9/11, bigger, and more masculine.

This is wrong Star is the mommy and Anne and Luz are his daughters, this is disrespectful, and indignant.

alright, since nobody else has asked
is there a full version nigga and if so where the fuck is it at

If there is I'm not sure where, that was just what I found.

>veteran whose fought against herons, mantises, and countless amphibians
>shaken to the core by the sounds behind him as the aliens partake in some strange ritual
>but the squishes and squelches, it brings back memories of a bird ripping into a comrades midsection
>truly humans are nightmares wrought in flesh

Attached: D6PR2l6UIAAMJc1.jpg_large.jpg (500x409, 22K)

try it

>I made a game, it's good because my black friend who hates video games likes it
>Space Invaders with one alien and no cover
Female ""game designers"", not even once .

Attached: cover.jpg (500x666, 130K)

What is infinity train even about I just feel too lazy to watch anything regarding it

>nerd girl sad aboutfamily issues
>nerd girl escape home
>nerd girl ends in a eldritch train
>nerd girl will learn ti accept his life situation and will grow up as she try to escape the shit train alongside a bipolar robot and cute corgi cause kids like memedoges

i like IT btw it's ok so far.

Star Vs was derived from Adventure Time. Amphibia is derived from Regular Show. There's a massive difference between the two and you're only making it obvious you haven't seen Amphibia by comparing it to Star Vs. Any similarities are completely superficial, the meat and bones are different dishes entirely.

Can't tell if false flagging one of Yea Forums's favorites from the cartoon renaissance we're in the middle of to stir up hate for Infinity Train.

Attached: anne_you.png (497x806, 434K)

Anne looks really cute here.
Something about the position of the knees is just right.

>there are amphibia based cocktails

The ice cubes better have flies in them.

Attached: D_-1WizUcAAGqhw.jpg (1200x1200, 191K)

I hope that's vodka based.

Attached: EACrELRUwAAjan1.jpg (900x1200, 172K)

Attached: D_-1WixUYAECbKa.jpg (1200x1200, 381K)

Wtf is this?

>catalog is an absolute madhouse of spam and shitposting
thank fucking god the jannies seem to be reasonable for the moment. If amphibia threads got trashed while all the other garbage piles up in the catalog I'd lose my mind

genuine enjoyment of something is good, user, an she really likes (you)s

Anything in particular? Meaning that, does any one thing look like the culprit? I'm too lazy to check, plus, weekend Yea Forums has always been worst Yea Forums.

>this scene shows she likes clowns
>Sasha immediately dismisses clowns as lame in a flashback
heh

You can get Amphibia-themed drinks at bars in Disney parks. Disney just does not give a fuck anymore.

Attached: 1550967668524.jpg (457x615, 71K)

well damn
if I ever was gonna go to one I'd try to keep that in mind

BnDL pilled

They probably won't be around much longer until next year unless they're awesome and everyone keeps getting them. The season ended.

Just make up your own

Like bailey's with a stick and some leaves thrown in

>Disney just does not give a fuck anymore.
Meaning what? That Disney doesn't capitalize on themed shit? Or that you think that a Disney park serving alcohol is new? Not even being facetious here.

Disney's private cocktail party at SDCC.

Attached: EACrELRUwAEfMim.jpg (950x1200, 160K)

This was Alex Hirsch in case nobody noticed.

Attached: EACrELRU8AQv_AL.jpg (1200x881, 226K)

Has Hop Pop given Anne the talk yet?

Attached: kero sutras.png (432x548, 341K)

>laying eggs in the water and have the male fertilize it

Mint julep with Kahlua to make it look like muddy water. Fits the Southern stylings in the show.

They don't usually do tie-ins with kids' shows with their drinks.

Attached: 1558787383468.jpg (826x620, 57K)

I think Matt's drunk, guys. He wants all the f-annes to go to Hot Topic and Target and ask where all the Amphibia merch is.

Attached: 1563170819707.jpg (1280x720, 123K)

I would unironically rock an SJMS shirt.

this

I don't. I had to wear shit like that, and I refuse to wear them again.
Maybe the hoodie, or jacket.

could anne even understand?

Attached: questions.png (694x632, 18K)

she's a doormat not retarded

I would totally be down to wear a t shirt with pic related on it

Attached: based and f-annepilled.png (1280x720, 470K)

Only if it says BASED AF underneath her.

I’d be down to wear a t shirt worn by Anne

Pipe down, fatty. It wouldn't fit you.

With Maki, her looks says SASHA, but the energy says ANNE.

Attached: Maki.gif (576x632, 1.72M)

I just watched the first episode.
I would give it a firm alight/10. It really wants to be the next Gravity Falls but the jokes and characters were fine enough to stand on their own and while I don't really like most of the character designs the animation itself was quite good. I have to admit that the animation being handled by the same studio that fucked up a good portion of Steven Universe was kind of a shock when I read it in the credits.

Is this what I think it is, lads? I'm not even bothering an effort of a fart on reading it, if it is what it looks like it is.

>gravity falls
as someone who never watched much of that show that can someone explain why niggas keep saying this. Is all it takes to be called a gravity falls ripoff is to have some kind of mystery elements?

It's nothing like Gravity Falls. Everything is fully episodic cartoon shenanigans until later in the season after they tease Grime and Sasha in the first episode.

It really is nothing like Gravity Falls, at least in my opinion, the characters are different, the setting is different, there's less mystery and more slice of life, and there's little to no paranormal stuff, just bug monsters.

What does this face convey?

Attached: whew grimsey2.png (969x765, 19K)

It’s literally just the art style.
It’s created by a guy who worked on gravity falls and it’s on Disney xd, so the comparison isn’t surprising, but it’s not gravity falls invented whatever people are saying everything is trying to intimidate.

He's thinking about how much better Infinity Train will be compared to his show.

On a point that's not yelling at you for the GF comparison, given that you didn't mind the first bits you watched, definitely keep going, as I firmly believe you'll like it even more as you go
I too wasn't huuuuge on most of the frogs' looks but I think with familiarity you'll appreciate them more as I did

Amphibia already has one great season under its belt. Infinity Train has its work cut out for it if it wants to try for Yea Forums's throne.

Attached: 1551231642648.jpg (1000x794, 138K)

Attached: 1563763027957.png (348x372, 117K)

It's a fairly positive four sentence review.
The general feeling of the humor and the setup of two kids living with a grumpy old man in a forest town full of hillbillys and monsters. Just now most of the characters are frogs and one of the kids got isekaied. I am sure it will evolve into its own thing but it felt a lot like the first season of Gravity Falls to me.
So I am gathering that GF comparisons are a bit of a sore subject in this community.
It seems like a good show so I plan on finishing it up and while the frogs are ugly (especially Sprig) they seemed fun enough as characters.

>So I am gathering that GF comparisons are a bit of a sore subject in this community.
It's not GF comparisons in particular, it's stupidity in general. GF followed a mystery/monster-of-the-week Scooby Doo format with a strong emphasis towards an overarching plot. Amphibia is more or less self-contained wacky takes on a random theme with a loose framework that doesn't come more widely into play until late in the season.

>The general feeling of the humor and the setup of two kids living with a grumpy old man in a forest town full of hillbillys and monsters.
As opposed to what I understand of how GF episodes chugged along, a lot of the episodes of Amphibia really focus on Anne getting the town to trust in her more along with simple stories of everyday life. But there's a nice sense of progress in even seemingly self contained events as she and the Plantars spark changes in the community. The overarching plot doesn't move much because Anne is trapped in the valley for the time being but the questions of her arrival and the box aren't completely forgotten either
It all feels like the show knows what kind of pace it wanted to set for itself and is following it

Attached: EADEqrzUEAAMfpK.jpg large.jpg (1080x1080, 109K)

So what are all the e celebs saying about Amphibia? I know critics gave it good reviews, but what about the people who actually matter?

I don't know why but I really like it when they do the Kermit thing

Attached: 14755_16_09_12_5_59_02_87701634.png (837x463, 339K)

>in this community
So you are shitposting, then. Good to know. No need for further replies. Sorry, (You)-farmer, but it was an adequate effort.

season one was the peak of star

As much as Yea Forums bitches about it, screaming faces are funny
Haven't seen anyone talk about it and I'm not about to go looking because I don't fucking care to see

DUDE, WHAT THE FUCK, I WANT ONE.

Attached: 1.jpg (817x692, 160K)

the ones I watched liked it, there's a few grumbling about wanting more plot but they still found it charming

Where? When? How? I want one now!

Attached: 1562904516604.jpg (750x614, 68K)

Attached: D_-1WizUcAEkiPv.jpg (1200x1200, 205K)

Are you going to spill the beans or what?

Attached: 1556803414603.jpg (400x400, 30K)

Attached: 1562008984483.jpg (1125x901, 56K)

So does Felicia have a husband?

Attached: D-aIMRaU8AATG8i.jpg (1199x801, 170K)

Yeah, me.

Attached: vlcsnap-00003.png (1280x720, 817K)

>He ded
>Maddie's mom ded too
>they get together
Wonder how awkward it will be for Sprig when his ex crush becomes his step-sister-in-law

I was just judging by a single episode feeling similar. Anyway it sounds like it does its own thing more or less and doesn't get too big for its britches just yet.
You are a sad paranoid little man.
Community, fanbase, some frog variation of brony whatever you want to call it.
Why would I be baiting with a positive opinion?

We're on the fence with F-annes and Brophibians. Not a lot of frogsonas yet but we're collecting the storyboard artist's ones.

I'm not quite so sure why he's so hostile
In the last day or two there's been more than a couple of yokels that have been whining about the show not being banished to trash or picking fights between us and infinity train so that's possibly it

>canon soft Disneycest
Flawless victory for Amphibia, /ourshow/ if this happens.

Attached: 1541738185940.jpg (522x522, 24K)

it's already kind of awkward since Hop Pop is dating Ivy's Grandma

You enjoy GF shitposting in these threads, user? Especially from someone pretending to be new?

The same way he'll feel when Sylvia and Hop Pop get married, making Ivy his cousin-in-law.

Town like theirs, they probably used to it

>right now is around the time when mega user would normally put up the mega
>this is the first day without it

There's an Anne shaped hole in my heart.

Attached: D9tnDCQW4AAClGS.jpg large.jpg (2048x1961, 249K)

Attached: anne tears.png (634x668, 238K)

shut up!

Attached: gun-ne.png (1050x750, 108K)

> As barbaric and cruel as the toads are, they are the first line of defense against threats to all of Amphibia.
What kind of threats? Toads are the the worst of all threats. They literally did nothing useful to Wartwood.
>Even Hop Pop acknowledged this when he told Sprig "they're a militarized culture."
How so? Words "they're a militarized culture." don't imply this even in the slightest.
Sasha is a villain because she want to kill people who did absolutely nothing wrong just to achieve her selfish goal.

BASED AS FFROG

Grime runs a racist and tyrannical empire that oppresses the valley, and his problem solving plans are to feed people to monsters in public executions.

Sasha had zero problems with this.

What’s funny is that if infinity train is great, that just means too good shows. But if it’s bad, amphibia wins. So amphibia literally can’t lose.

I wish every cartoon about girls going to another world to be decent, because that is my fetish, I am a simple man. I just want girls to be put in some other place, that turns me on, is like kidnapping some girl and leaving her by her own in Ecuador or something and just following her around like a ghost or a guardian angel.

nice

honestly, i dont.
its another moral of the day cartoon for the younger audience. im cool with it, its just not for me.

Also, theres an avalanche of female protagonist and while its not bad in any way, id like younger boys to have something to look up to.

owl house, amphibia,infinitrain, hilda, star vs.
even steven universe (you will never tell me that this protagonist is a man in his head.)

maomao is a male cat, that half count.
camp camp is NOT for children.

Boys don't watch cartoons. Only manchildren do.

Ah. Seems like every popular series gets that kind of shit eventually. You guys might be headed to /trash/ soon though unless the mods really like this show.
As it turns out some people haven't watched this three week old series yet and are new to these threads.

Missed it by around 50 posts.

>fun cast of characters
>great family dynamic
>interesting setting
>random gallows humor constantly
Star Vs. was always shit and only got worse as it devolved into shipping and an overarching plot that felt like it was written as it went along. Amphibia is like a breath of fresh air for me. It, OK KO, and Mao Mao are bright lights in an otherwise dim period for cartoons.

They should watch shounen anime like I did when I was younger.

>Sasha is not evil.
She was going to slice a little kid in half for mouthing off to her.

That's just how women are

Fuck, I knew something about Amphibia felt familiar. It's probably the closest we'll ever get to Bone being animated.

Attached: mindsplosion.gif (200x200, 1.83M)

Watch the finale user

I just watched the first episode. It seemed cute and wholesome and there is promise of an ongoing story. So far I like it more than any kids show since Gravity Falls.

Attached: Dad_Matt_Braly.png (638x686, 308K)

I can't wait for the Robot Chicken parody where she licks one of the frogs' backs and gets high

Too new to get a Robot Chicken parody I think.

Attached: yum.png (702x730, 105K)

I've always took issue with the idea of fictional characters as role models.
I think boys look up to their fathers, not Goku.

what if Sasha conquered teh kingdom and decided to stay and become Princess peach haha

Well, Amphibia has Sprig, he's pretty cool and surprisingly capable.
Sure, he's more of a deuteragonist but that's close enough I'd say.

Attached: THIS IS A FUCKING SHAM.jpg (640x360, 51K)

When you nutted but she still suckin'

Attached: 1563777235235.png (1920x1825, 2.16M)

Ask a crew member for one.

Attached: AmphibiaPins.png (532x545, 492K)

The only good thing in Star Vs was Toffee so you don't have to do much to beat this show. Just add a villain who is either mysterious or competent. Toffee and Slade were cool because of that. Wacky silly villain is a trap for newbie cartoon creators who still live in the 90's

since Sprig thinks Anne is too old for her I would suspect he's 10? and Polly is about 5 or 6?

>No Felicia lewds
>barely any Felecia fanarts
feels bad man

Grime is a captain of a single valley/province/state/whatever of Amphibia. Ultimately even someone like Grime is just a toady for some higher power. Maybe eventually Anne will face the king of Amphibia.

It was mentioned Sprig was 10 in one of the episodes, but I don't think Polly's age was confirmed anywhere.

lol

The situations in which she cries, actually call for it. It fits the character, and they're not all sad drama-tears. But when I saw that SU trailer, fucking gruff-voice Steven managed to sound even more whiny and forced.
I haven't been hype for anything SU related for the last 3 seasons. Absolutely nothing. Not even to actively shit on it.

I loved that man. His name? MEGAnon.

Shit. There is one one-and-a-half minute section in Amphibia with more heart than Star Vs summoned throughout its several seasons.

>Just add a villain who is either mysterious or competent
That's basically Grime, he was mysterious for the first half of the season et shown as pretty competent in the second half.

Even the subplot of the reliationship between Ivy and Sprig was a far better love story than anything Star vs has ever done

Because the show didn't put Sprig into love triangle too much and his romance with Ivy just proceeds naturally. I'm glad they resolve the engagement issue of Maddie soon and just let her be a normal friend of Sprig. The shipping dramas of Star vs is beyond annoying and obnoxious and also ruined its potential.

This. Sprig doesn't come off as annoying with his relationship thing because usually it's Anne or the rest of the family egging him on, not him just constantly obsessing over romance. He doesn't even want it at first, just a cool friend who shares his weird interests, and she wants the same thing. Then more minor interaction occurs between them in following episodes, and finally they both decide to give it a shot after more time to think about it.
I'm looking forward to what Maddie's idea of "hanging out is". Maybe Sprig will end up picking up some magic tricks from it.

i dont think there was a love triangle intended for sprig, maddie, and ivy anyway. the story forced sprig into engagement because it was essentially a joke and a setup to maddie's episode. i like that maddie is a nice girl and is completely good with being friends with sprig, so we likely (and hopefully) dont see any love triangle shit

I'm frankly surprised people keep comparing these shows, star lost that little focus it had so early, while Amphibia so far has been great at delivering fun adventures tied up by small yet consequential continuity nods.

Star's focus was just Star and Marco and their silly adventures, and the universe literally and figuratively rolling around them. Amphibia is about the main four characters, but it's also about their community and their impact on it, which is nice, and probably the point of how it's been delivered so far. Most everything that happens, no matter how insignificant on its own, still feels like it matters.

Who gives a shit about what e-celebs say?

The last half of Star feels like a concerted effort to undo the first
Star stops fighting monsters, she gives up her throne, there’s no “forces of evil” (except raaaaacism :^) ), and destroys magic on her own decision
So the whole thing feels schizo rather than a progression

You can tell when Nefcy stepped down as director.

Were it the same we’d have successive episodes where Sprig is crushing on Maddie while with Ivy, and also broken up off screen in the next

Amphibia is fucking deadly, characters only have one parent or are raised by their grandpa.

Instead we get based friendship at all times and occasional meaningful conflicts that don't overstay their welcome.
I like that "Sprinne against the world" stays a thing without managing to become obnoxious. They save it for the right moments.

They're honorary Aryans, not white.
Subtle difference.

Actual Aryans are in fact Asian

That's the VA's actual voice

I think you're right. One of the problems I had with star was that everything felt inconsequential, and now that you say it it was probably because Star's world didn't actually have any kind of rules or obstacles for our characters to overcome that weren't directly tied to them.

Amphibia's world on the other hand doesn't really have that much details (it's middle-age light with a spark of steampunk) but it's consistent and it feels lively.
And it also offers a cool base to build upon, like those ruins in the moss man episode, really wondering what those were.

Actual Aryans have been mutted into extinction.

My niggas.

Attached: star_butterfly_dresses.jpg (1920x1034, 205K)

>rewatching the first episode
>the mayor's lust for mob rule and calling military formations
>actually rallies the mob competently
The toads are said to have a militarized culture. I wonder if they all serve a stint in the guard or if it just leaks even into the civilian sector.

Even if you’re a corrupt stooge when you live in a world like that you learn fast how to put as many people in between yourself and the danger

I want to see more see their misadventures guys.
I want to see Grime and Sasha clash with and suppliment each other due to different outlooks and methods.
I want Sasha to bond with the toads and learn the true meaing of friendship.

Maybe Grime will get in hot water with the top toad brass and Sasha will save his ass with her people skills
The Tower gained and lost personnel so there has to be at least one location where they have more of a normal city or village that they come from, which might be where the group heads after the finale

You really think there's an island-wide toad-archy?
I took it that the tower ruled the valley as supreme rulers with nobody above them.
That does mean they have nobody to turn to and must become roaming bandits after losing their position.

Fucking love black Russians

Not island wide, I was thinking even the Tower probably answers to someone though
But given the physical stats of the races, toads probably are still used largely as muscle wherever they live, unless they actually are confined to the valley
Given the shit bullfrogs get up to, it might not be impossible that some species are not welcome in places other than mostly wilderness. All depends if the story ever actually leaves the valley I guess

I think Grime has to be part of some wider-reaching military structure. If the valley is really ready to revolt over taxes, and they've been the only thing collecting them all this time, it seems like they'd have been rolled over a long time ago. it feels like there must be some greater weight behind their authority than him and his troops simply being badasses.
Sprig does mention that they're the best warriors "of the valley", though, so it's possible that all of their ranks are drawn specifically from that region.

They're confined to the valley for a significant part of the year. It makes sense for the valley to have their own administration and not be part of a larger state.
The way I see it, the toads have been in decline over the past years due to Grime's incompetent underlings, and Hop-Pop's folk heroism was the catalist for a development that was bound to happen at some point.

If that's the case, then the toads aren't likely to stop at simply pillaging towns. They're encircled in what could be considered hostile territory. The only way to reestablish their authority is through brutality.

Does the island even have a winter like we know it, or aside from brief freezes is it like near equator tier where only high mountains freeze over

I liked that about Regular Show at its peak. They paced it so there was a new episode every week pretty much year round.

I miss consistent airing schedules so fucking much
Not knowing when the fuck the next episode will arrive is torture

Attached: 363.jpg (460x442, 25K)

And? Performance still came out as whiny.

discordservers
com/server/

Attached: anne_lvl2.jpg (1492x1066, 146K)

Is this art from the staff?

Can't say for sure, but it looks like other doodles they've put out.

Grime was referred to as a captain instead of a king or dictator, so it's likely there is some sort of Major/Colonel/General he works on behalf of. And if not a military figure, I think Newtopia might be the seat of some sort of king who rules over the entire island.

Attached: ARMY-OFF[1].png (567x579, 53K)

so epic
so misha

"Captain" is relative depending on the era, though. In medieval times a guard captain could be the captain of the entire guard in a kingdom or region, if not of a single garrison or unit. There's really no way to say until we see more details regarding the next season.

Yeah particularly in fiction, captain is often the catch-all rank given to the leader of any sort of military organizations

>it's an Anne fucks over everyone else due to her own selfish desires episode

In either case, I think Grime being Captain Grime instead of King Grime means Grime isn't a ruler, and there will be someone who outranks him or he directly serves that might be displeased with how he is handling the valley.

imagine the smell

Attached: Amphibia.S01E05.Anne.Theft.Auto.Breakout.Star.1080p.WEBRip.AAC.2.0.x264-SRS.mkv_20190721_003333.928. (1920x1080, 204K)

Don't encourage it, bro.

Because it's good.
The characters are funny,and no one is there just to fill up space.
also everyone was sad cause everything was ending and they thought cartoon series in tv was going to shit

Actually recent tragedies are in part why shows are going with this sort of airing schedule.
A notable mass shooting or Islamic terror attack dominating always indirectly kills ratings for cartoons, so you might as well dump the entire thing in one month

literally fucking when

Post tadpoles.

Attached: tadpole sprig.png (540x349, 147K)

citation pls
Cause i don't how they are virtue signaling

So what does this mean? Is frog world shaped by the subconscious?

Attached: dissecting hop pop.png (1280x720, 695K)

Attached: 1561634222545.png (806x526, 347K)

But she's wrong not because she's White but because she's a cheerleader.
Cheerleader are always bullys everyone how go to school knows this,is common sense

Everyone is a mutt, racial purity is a myth

The Han and the Japs are truly the purest of them all

Attached: han.png (1312x489, 413K)

She's a literal tomboy

When they opened the box they summoned a evil toad king how will kill hopping in everything and everyone.
Theses 3 heroes are the only hope of this world survival.
>Amphibia is literally a isekai

Concerns me a little bit
Since Sasha is there too and seems fully operant on her own I doubt they'd pull some kind of just a dream lol thing
But something about that dead frog seems impossible to ignore

lmao

Are you familiar with the Neverending Story? The world in that book is shaped by imagination but it is indeed real. Then there's the Discworld books, in which everything is based on collective beliefs and expectations of humans.

I think Frog World might be something similar. In that Anne and Sasha did indeed end up in another dimension but it's at least partially one of their own making. For example Hop Pop is real and his history is also real, but he only came into existance because that dead frog was still fresh in Anne's mind and he had only retroactively existed for years before Anne arrived.

Attached: great atuin.gif (500x368, 1.21M)

I think for the target audience, the reruns will be their first exposure and they'll experience it the old-fashioned way.

She’s literally not

Yeah, also makes me think of the Ether from GKC, which takes human experience and beliefs and works them on the world so that gods like Coyote simultaneously existed at the beginning of the world while only having been created by the beliefs of humans later
It makes my head hurt

I think it's more to do with the fact that the toads derive their authority from a role of protector, rather than some claim of land ownership, that derives that title.
It's a country controlled by the military.

Man how boring must it be to be a space elephant

By what metric?
She is far from traditionally girly.
If it is the clothes they are her school uniform so that wasn't her choice.

She's pretty in the middle, did you forget the ep where she tried to make Polly more girly?

She loves spa days, hates bugs and getting dirtier than she absolutely has to, knows how to cook and knit (with questionable quality), enjoys matchmaking her friends, etc.
She can definitely roll with the punches and has a sense of adventure, but it doesn't outweigh her wealth of feminine qualities.

Just because she isn’t constantly acting “traditionally girly” (whatever that means) doesn’t mean she’s a tomboy.
By your metric, most women alive are tomboys

Is there actually a type of frog wit webbing on its head?

>I gotta stop eating leaves

Attached: L O L.jpg (734x416, 84K)

She's willing to eat bugs now and do hard, dirty work with the rest of the family. The show is really good at character growth.

Attached: Anne is scarred for life.png (706x398, 244K)

She even got somewhat attuned on getting up at farmer hours.

that got me laughing really hard
she's such a pure dork

>barges into Hop Pop's room
>just starts laughing like a maniac when he mentions trying out driving Bessie
>I don't feel safe (or whatever he said)

I like that whenever there's some "serious" moments, characters would drop the familial, friendly epithet of "Hop Pop", and call him Hopadiah.

youtube.com/watch?v=xXlsmMRvXkM

>bumps into the side of the door just like when she's freaking out in Sasha's room

Best Anne laugh. That little part at the beginning of her madness.

>dat last part taunt

Attached: 1563829156943.gif (480x270, 114K)

discordservers
com/server/

>discord

Attached: autistic anne.png (647x720, 359K)

That's that one ban-evading spammer. I've seen him in a lot of different threads.

I think it's a bot. Even the most determined spammers can't help but actually say something now and again

She is pretty girly when she wants to be.

Attached: 1562555804150.jpg (1280x720, 111K)

I admit, I'm dissapointed they didn't do more with Maddies crush on Sprig before the break-up. There was like one joke about it between Hop-Luck and Cursed! when she gave him that creepy ring. But ultimately it was for the better to resolve this quickly before letting it turn into a drawn out love triangle. And Sprig and Ivy do make an adorable couple, so I'm fine with that. Though if they absolutely wanna explore the love triangle idea it would be very easy for them to just have Maddie still maintain a crush on Sprig after all. Whatever choice the creators make I hope each of them get proper involvement in future stories.

As you said, for at least a few years I'm willing to take relationships that move quicker than slower

I wonder how the shipping fandom would have developed if the show got a weekly release instead of the month long marathon it got.
Give it a couple of week and I'm pretty sure some shipping autism would have formed.

That spring/polly combo on the right needs a jojo edit

We will probably have a love triangle shipping war between Anne Sasha and the other friend (and maybe also Maggie) anyway, it can't be avoided

>maggie
literally sabrina x marco tier and fuck you I won't quit it

This fucking mad lad.

Attached: Wally with boom shrooms.png (705x398, 311K)

>What the fuck Wally!

Attached: wally.png (1280x720, 711K)

I'm kinda curious how different it would have been if Ivy and Maddie had been introduced in reverse order. As in we'd get Dating Season first (without referencing Maddie) and then Hop-Luck with Sprig getting engaged to Maddie as a joke.

GRUG TRIBE GOOD OTHER TRIBE BAD AAAAAAAAARGH

done it myself

Attached: spring jojo.jpg (375x720, 69K)

Already done better

In retrospect, Matt choose a good scene for the only F-Bomb Disney allows in a show.

>he came to a dinner packed with explosives
That little fucker was planning to pull a full on terror attack

discordservers
com/server/

So, are the mods ever going to deal with this bot?

youtube.com/watch?v=uwY84Fg4NsM

Attached: freestyle.webm (1280x720, 455K)

He knew what was up when they got invited to "party" at the toad stronghold. I wonder what his body count is.

Before or after he changed his name to Wally

The only character that would have survived the Red Wedding.

Or he built his own nation as a military rule. He doesn't have to have the title to be the king.

Nothing about Grime screams head honcho. His brutality makes him a strong enforcer, but he doesn't have a head for leadership. He couldn't rally his troops when their own base was under attack by herons, and there's no way he could have come up with a trap as elaborate as the banquet.

The only thing I'd give Grime credit for is the idea to make a spectacle out of Hop Pop's execution.

You can build an empire out of fear. His soldiers are clearly afraid of him. They respect power, and that's why they follow him.

Granted it was unsustainable, given how easily Sasha turned them on him, but it had worked so far. Now with Sasha's influence, it's just reinforcing his role as leader.

>Nothing about Grime screams head honcho.
Are you serious?
He's got the voice and everything!

He's got the voice but not the brains to match it. His tower gets put under siege, and his bright idea is to yell at his soldiers about how useless they are and scream for them to "Do... something!"

I don't think that was telegraphing his position as mid-level.
That was all about showing what Sasha can offer him in terms of talent.
If they wanted to show Grime as not head honcho they would have peppered in some dialogue about the directives from his boss.

Everyone has an off day!

Now that the first season has finished, how is it? What do you hope to see in Season 2?

At least a fucking glimpse of Marcy
More of Grime and Sasha being bros
Sasha being kind of a wreck after her attempt at suicide
Visiting at least two different towns in the valley if not going beyond the valley itself

When a mother picks up a rock and challenges your armed guards, it's a good sign that fear as a means of control has stopped working.

Attached: The Sundews want to brawl.png (706x385, 341K)

Yeah, I'm just excited for the setting to open up a bit more now that things are established.

Attached: 1563428268098.png (862x557, 1.11M)

>still no drawfaggotry of the scene from Bug's Life with Grime burying a toad under (uhhh, what, bugs or something?) for being complacent about revolt

Because it's a shit idea? You dumb tramp.

well excuuuuuuuse me, princess

In these things it's better to try to see the author's thought process than to analyze the world like it's a real place.
Maybe if it were real, the valley wouldn't be so easily brought under the control of Grime. But the authors intended it to be. So that's that.

Love the incongruity of the imagery of this preppy ass cheerleader teen in a fluffy pink bathrobe explaining power balances and rebellions in a land of frog people

I refuse to believe Anne only packed boxers. We've seen a bra, where are the pantsu damn it

I'll count it as a good thing that the show is making us interested in how the world works at least

You work hard you play hard.

Attached: 786543.jpg (640x640, 74K)

Ooh, intimidating sword drag.
Anne has spent the last three months toiling away on a farm, putting shoulder to plow to help put food on the table. Sasha has been sitting back, being pampered like a princess. That fight could only have ended in one way.

You think she eats an entire table spread each night because you fell for the bulimia meme?
She's been whipping the toads back into discipline and fighting monsters. She has a soldier's metabolism
She and Anne are both putting in work, just different styles
and yet neither of them are displaying muscle growth reeeeeeeee I don't want to harp on this too much but reee throw me a bone here Matt

Marcy finally shows up, strong enough to bench press the other two after her off-screen adventures.

Attached: 1563345108426.jpg (1280x1440, 275K)

What's crazy is that map is only a small fraction of the entire world. Still trying to figure out where those towns are on this map.

You can see there are tons of small towns all over the world we have barely touched the world in this series. Can't wait till they leave the valley.

Attached: Amphibia_World_Map.jpg (1675x942, 152K)

I can't get over how they turned that turbodork with a dabbing statue into pure concentrated sex appeal just with a sharp outfit and combed hair

>not an ocean
>just a pond in a human park

But that suit has got to be tight over her chest.

Attached: Anne is Frog of the Year.png (706x397, 375K)

Only idiots webcomic artists think thats how muscle growth works. In order to get muscle like a body builder would require an outrageous work out routine that targeted specific muscle groups and a diet that didn't allow for much fat. Not something a farmer or even a soldier would really do.

With insects that are bigger than frogs and firebreathing moles?

Board isn't moving meth head fast tonight so it'll probably be a slow drop to page 11
But I feel like it ought be said, let's not keep the catalog situation a mess, yeah?
This thread's kinda shit but its early and hopping over there, or to any other existing thread sounds better to me than making even more fractious ones. A suggestion, my friggas

I like the small "hints" of populace all over the coast lines. I wonder if the bright green spot in the middle of those dark grey mountains is also populated?
Newtopia looks dope.

>kinda shit
I mean, they could've used the catalog, plus that OP is pretty much a "now that the dust has settled?". So yeah, it's pretty shit.

has anyone in-canon called the world Amphibia?

Multiple times, my good bitch.

Checked

Yes but I don't remember when

>Walled City (probably newtopia)
>Maybe a port down by the canyon in the southwest
>what looks like some kind of hilltop city in the southeast
>all of those islands
Makes you wonder if they've thought up what each of them is like?

>all of those islands
That cave island, though.
Also, I finally got what the two islands on the left are. One's an actual giant lily pad home. Like the one in the concept art.

the whole landmass has the lily pad aesthetic, including the wedge missing

Obviously, but what I'm saying is that, after an user dumped a bunch of concept art in a previous thread, that thing next to that island looks like what was in one of those images.

yeah
>inb4 floating towns and even the submerged castle from that art

I wonder how industrialized is the main part of the main natural port in Amphibia? There a reason Newtopia is so close to it, but there's like zero hints of people there.

That was hype, though. But I don't think I want it near the Valley, or even the newts.

>but there's like zero hints of people there
Probably sea monsters n shit