The Great Debate: Which Star Wars CGI show is the best: ‘The Clone Wars’ or ‘Rebels’

Which do you like better/worst and why? What things did each show do better; what could have been improved?

Attached: 053EFF86-34CC-4C93-A0E9-C3CB7E6D69C3.jpg (2606x1582, 1.19M)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=CVfPAMVSgis
youtu.be/HrkFj6iepMs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Attached: D_4UiB0U8AIQ0hf.jpg (828x611, 60K)

are you even actually asking this seriously
I don't know a single person that actually thinks Rebels is better

>inb4 only suggestion for improvement is KILL AHSOKA LOL

who the fuck is this marketed for
two of the three movies they don't appear, in one of them they're not even fucking mentioned

do they actually expect people to shell out for supplemental stories about characters that have even LESS screentime than Phasma?

>Debate
Clone Wars > Rebels. Rebels just made more mistakes than CW. I disliked most of the Rebel characters, Ezra, Zeb, Sabine.. because they ruin any decent moment with retarded quips. Rebels, in general, felt a bit dumbed down, immature, too biased (too much positive light on the rebels and them resolving most conflicts with the empire with ease). Rebels also leans too much on nostalgia, Maul coming back, old Clone troopers... Thrawn was wasted. What I did enjoy about Rebels was Ezra's being influenced by the Dark side.

>what could have been improved?
Make the show more mature.

>Learn the story of these characters that the directors forgot about and DON'T EXIST

Kanan deserves special mention for justifying the existence of the entire show. Gave the Disney canon its own Kyle Katarn to make up for how Rogue One bastardized him into two ded guys

Attached: KananJediNight.jpg (581x830, 57K)

you jest but not killing off ahsoka worsens the series, she should have died

Reminder that under reflection of RPG stats, Ventress is better and more skilled than Adult Ahsoka and would easily win a duel between them

Attached: Return_to_Vader_s_Castle_1_IDW03.jpg (667x1000, 133K)

>the nigga with a fucking cricket bat
I've been kekking about that shit ever since the TFA trailers dropped and now they've started me on it fresh

I couldn't get over Clone Wars' artstyle and I like "dysfunctional individuals form something akin to family" plots better than epic war shit.

Yeah I didn't mention Kanan and Hera because they were the better characters. Kanan was enjoyable and had decent development, then the fucking kill him off. By that point, I stopped caring.

>Rebels is about a side story in the OG trilogy
>No Hoth
>No Endor
>No cloud city
>Not even a single reference to Jabba/Boba fett/Han solo
>The emperor appeared like 5 minutes
>No jakku battle either
>No fall of the empire either
This show is based in the rebel army, why the fuck they cutout all the important/big battles??? At least clone wars tried to make some sense with the prequel saga, Rebels doesn’t even feel like Star Wars
The ultimate sith dlc in force unleashed is like 30 minutes long and that shit explains more about Star Wars than 3 seasons of rebels

>Which do you like better/worst and why?

Clone Wars, because its the better product

> What things did each show do better;

>Clone wars
>Better action, better worldbuilding, better character development, better battles, better villains, better arcs, better tension, better music, better main characters, better side characters, better interpersonal conflicts, better lore(that moronic "Persona of the force" arc excluded)

>Rebels
>...Better adherence to the original concept art? It also didn't have the stupid force representation thing, so it gets points for that. Then again she did show up during the even stupider time travel plot.

Why does each season have to have at least 1 fucking stupid arc? Like not just bad, insultingly bad.

>what could have been improved?

Clone Wars could have made Grievous more of a threat, he was a joke in half his appearances. It also could have developed the relationship between Sideous and Tyrannous a little more, this was the perfect time to flesh out and explain what they saw in each other, but the show never really did that.

Rebels could have improved its animation, definitely done less jokes in serious moments, fleshed out its main characters, and seriously could have used some actual stakes. Well developed characters in Clone Wars died all the time, it was part of the fear of it. Never the MCs of course, but Clone Wars knew that you could keep someone alive, develop them and then kill them off in powerful moments to remind the audience about the stakes that could take our MCs at any moments, and since we don't see these guys in the movies it would actually be believable!

>>Rebels is about a side story in the OG trilogy

BEFORE the OG trilogy, not during

Rebels is cat puke.

I haven't watched all the much of rebels but isn't the idea that they're basically a single isolated cell that sticks around Lothal?

She should have either died on Malachor or Vader should have corrupted her with the temple's power and turned her evil.

newfag

How is this even a debate. clone wars was best

she should have stayed gone or never been caught. vader can't have her in his life.
nah, they hook up with leia and others. they leave Lothal from time to time but it is made into a very important world.

Attached: star_wars_rebels_2-10.jpg (825x464, 183K)

Rebels was awful. Just very bland and sterile. Like a generic saturday morning cartoon. Clone Wars had really impressive characterization and storytelling and dealt with some pretty serious themes. Rebels is just lol look at spic kid and rainbow hair girl own Stormtroopers.

There is no deb-
Oh, I see, this is a shill thread. Fuck off mouse cuck, /swco/ is dead forever.

quality post, faggot

edge lords of emo
people who want to know what the fuck their deal was and what yolo was up to after burning the academy.

Nah, the other guy was right Kanan's story was A-tier. And it didn't need a whole goddamn season of buildup but Maul's death was pretty much the best it could possibly have been after the sin of bringing him back in CW.

Sabine was cool when she was just an ex imp pilot, things went to shit when she became a super scientist mando princess wielding a dark saber

I found his bland and boring.
those stats don't count but I would not be surprised if that was the truth. Ahsoka never finished her training while Ventress has been ganking people for good or evil her whole life

>I like "dysfunctional individuals form something akin to family" plots better than epic war shit.
then you can watch 100s of other shows that are also about that. That is like the easiest shit to write.

Remember when people were actually happy about Sabine, because it looked like yet another positive move away from Karen Traviss' Mando-wank shit? Boy, that was foolish of us, in hindsight.

Maul goes out well in CW but you are saying bringing him back as a broken man who gets 1 hit killed is the best he could have hoped for?
>Kanan's story was A-tier.
his story was ok but was dragged down but all the other stuff.
don't forget all the teasing of ezra going dark

the clone wars had a tone that felt like it existed in the same universe as the movies instead of a G rated parody of it, the bad guys were competent on occasion, it tackled issues and themes that haven't been explored in the rest of on-screen canon, and the worldbuilding was so good it retroactively made the movies it was based around way more interesting.

Nah its just a fun factoid that the ahsoka fanboy fears

In fights, she actually pretty shit, but damn those fanboys wont hear a word of it

meber when sheev could not even learn how to body serf and no the fool is trying to control all of time. thats the twist of ep 9 he used a time gate to flee into the future but samurai jack and rey were waiting for him.

Rebels is a lot easier to get into because it doesn't have Lucas's retard tier Vader/obiwan replacement

wdym

>Maul goes out well in CW but you are saying bringing him back as a broken man who gets 1 hit killed is the best he could have hoped for?
Holy shit turn off the brain drain for a minute user. Bringing Maul back in CW was the mistake. And there's a hell of a lot more to his death on Tatooine than the way you write it off.

wut?
k but whats there to his death on tatooine? Him dying by having his shit kicked in by sheev is a better send off. They were not some samurai bros with long history.

>Be so bad at storytelling that people have to buy and read a book to understand what is going on in your movie
I'm starting to suspect that it's intentional

You are very dumb, OP.

Maul didn't die when he lost to Sheev, and Sheev literally said he wasn't going to kill him there so I don't know how you can imagine he was going to. The season 7 arc following up on Maul was turned into a comic, Son of Dathomir, and he was going to come back for the final arc, the Siege of Mandalore.

Eh? It seems like the thing is dealing with a fairly tangential storyline to the movies
Yes they should have appeared in the movies if they were namedropped but that's more a problem of under-utilization than the plot being difficult to understand. It's quite stupid, but not hard to grasp

>Sheev literally said he wasn't going to kill him there so I don't know how you can imagine he was going to
sheev took him to a lab for experimentation and maul was never seen again. fine ending.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=CVfPAMVSgis
another thing to mention is that obi wan switched his stance to qui gon's, which is why maul tried to kill him the same way he killed qui gon. this gave obi wan the opening to kill him while maul tried to fatally stagger him, implying that obi wan has practiced for this event.

How the fuck do you believe any of this? Palpatine had nothing to do with Maul in Clone Wars, their subplots were wholly unrelated. Him coming in and humiliating him is fine as a turning point but it's NOT an ending. But on the other hand, Maul and Obi-Wan were deeply connected. They both robbed each other of something precious and had this animosity that was never properly settled. The ending on Tatooine showed the connection between them and how Obi-Wan had moved past his sorrow and risen above it, while Maul had become consumed with it and devolved into this pathetic shell of himself. But at the same time it was tragic to see him die because in a way these two were the only ones left who understood one another, and understood what the Clone Wars had done to the galaxy.

>Linking that shit and not the superior video
youtu.be/HrkFj6iepMs

midriff > cleavage hole

I think you are romanticizing it too much and all these elements just give an air of artificiality to their encounter instead of adding to the impact. also don't get how you don't see a connection between sheev and maul

I don’t get why anyone cares about these dudes they’ve practically been no shows since TFA because they forgot to give a fuck

People get fascinated by obvious gaping plot holes

Rebels is shit

Clone Wars and it's not even a debate worthy

>finally getting their story told in the same month that the last film in the trilogy is getting released, four years after their very brief first appearance

Cool for anyone who still gives a fuck, I guess.

That looks nothing like a young Carrie Fisher. Fuck off.

Rebels fucking sucks because look what they did to Yoda

Attached: A2C1F56E-8C89-42F1-9A96-3556EA365228.jpg (927x385, 123K)

Attached: WtKTeQT.jpg (853x1024, 168K)

Attached: fihzlth77xa31.jpg (640x981, 91K)

Name some. I got to Rebels because of GL: Tas.

Attached: 343B2220-3CD4-457B-872F-6AB91981768F.jpg (696x264, 95K)

Attached: x1g2tp461bb31.jpg (960x931, 108K)

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-07-17 at 6.44.15 PM.png (289x536, 290K)

>(too much positive light on the rebels and them resolving most conflicts with the empire with ease).
They had Saw Gerrera around just to show rebels doing bad things and after they introduce Thrawn they pretty much either lose all the time or just barely scrape by.

They made him look less like a piece of hops?

I don't like Knight of Ren, they look too much like Mad Max characters and not like evil space knights

Fair points, but Gerrara was batshit crazy even for the Rebels. It's a doozie that they even allow him to be part of their cause. I expected them to struggle with Thrawn, which they did for the most part. It was Thrawn's underlings who enabled them to "miraculously" escape.

Batshit crazy is an understatement, the guy was literally patterned after Osama Bin Laden and the mujahadeen.