I need new artists

Here’s the situation:
I’ve been in talks with a few studios about my works. Two of my pitches almost made it to pilot, but ultimately the deal fell through. There’s been several reasons for this, but one of the biggest examples I keep getting is that the art simply isn’t unique or appealing enough.

I’m decent at designing a character, but I can’t draw for crap, my forte has always been the writing. So for the last 3 years I’ve been paying someone else to improve upon my base designs and that’s what I’ve been showing. This artist, while significantly better than I am, is definitely a problem. He doesn’t really have range, and keeps giving me same-face and other issues. 3 projects I used him on have been rejected because characters look to close to other shows.

With my current Hollywood connections that are continuously building, and experience with dealing with studio heads, I have a shot at making a show become reality, but I need some help from a better artist. So I come to Yea Forums in search of a potential partner or two.

I am willing to negotiate on whatever price you want, and the workflow would be consistent(you’ll rarely have nothing to work on). I can’t really pay hourly at the moment, but I won’t nickel and dime you either.

General rule is to never stick to just one concept. So any time one gets rejected, we would move on to the new idea and fake the good concepts we had before along with the notes from the studio. That’s what I’ve been doing and things keep getting close.

If you can draw, and this situation seems appealing, reply and we can talk on discord.

>TL;DR
I need regular artists for my projects and I’ll pay

Attached: 2234C76A-FBA4-4691-83DE-F5D7C13291ED.jpg (275x183, 7K)

I'll bite, if only out of boredom. Pitch me what you want drawn and I'll have a crack at it after dinner if the thread's still up.
I can draw but I don't use discord and likely never will.

What is the quantity of work per pitch?

Attached: Sketch (989).png (2736x1824, 319K)

I'm extremely amateur but i'll help if you like

Right now just characters since I’m trying to get them redesigned. I don’t really want them seen publicly at the moment because nothing is final and the last thing I want is the ugly pre-production art circulating is this thing does get the green light.

Well, generally when I pitch a show, I have around 15-20 pages. The cover and back pages are the most eye catching and usually consist of multiple characters and a full background. Then directly after the title page is another page that is strictly art. Each character page features one full body character portrait, around 4-6 pages are just characters, then every other page is a full art page, either scenery or characters in a scene to show what the show could potentially look like.
I’d say of a 20 page pitch, 12 pages feature art in some way. So that would be the average quantity.

Can you share something you’ve drawn?

>share something i've drawn
its easier for me if you have a request, all my old art is really not representative of the me in the moment

Ok, I guess draw this kid. It was a random drawing done by a friend for a potential character that I didn’t really like in the end.
His icepick chins never appealed to me

Attached: 7EA7ECD9-9A7C-4F28-AC4C-75F8A7559C19.jpg (954x1444, 383K)

Good to hear you're serious and professional enough about this to mention payment. People occasionally come here to seek artists for their comic projects, and way too often they're shameless enough to ask something like "where can I get an artist who'd be willing to draw me a comic for free".

I don't have time to draw a lot these days, so I don't think I can help you. But I'd be kinda curious to hear some kind of details about your projects, if there's anything you can tell about them without revealing too much. At least genre and what kind of art style you're after?
I know that I've never liked the idea of promising to join a writer's project if I don't know what kind of stuff they write. If it turns out that their tastes don't match with mine, I might lose my motivation, and drawing for them would become a chore. So if you can provide some kind of detail that helps artists get an idea of what kind of stuff you want drawn, I think that could help you find people who'd be interested to join your projects.

Aside from asking about it here, I think there are websites and communities where you can hire artists. But I've never used them and don't know how active they are.

Yeah, that’s always something I’ve found annoying. My stuff is never and has never been “internet projects.” I’ve always gone about it in the actual professional way.
And unlike most people who probably ask around, I do actually have studio contacts and I have been in the meeting rooms, most recently with someone who personally greenlit a show that I see mentioned on the Yea Forums nearly every day, and his exact words to me were “my door is always open to your ideas.” So it’s not like I’m 100% at the bottom. But with any person, regardless of reputation and talent, it all boils down to specifics. Since a pitch is essentially a request for millions of dollars.
As for my projects, I make it a point to always try something different, as to always diversify. Some work better than others. Here are some with the most barebones explanations possible.
My first one to gain some attention was a comedy about a boy who seemingly knew everyone and used his connections to get things done. Unfortunately, I didn’t think it through enough and he came across as a supervillain.
Then I did an adventureone about a girl traveling the world in search of puzzle pieces that build a map. This one was possibly my worst as I was flatly told it was generic. I don’t like to talk about it much, it was early in my pitching career.
Another one was more of an action drama about a boy with a terminal illness being out in a sci-fi vaporwace-like world as he searched for a cure. I love this project, but I was told “animates drama doesn’t sell without being based in a comic or a movie first.”
Another was about a group of thieves plotting to steal the world’s most valuable jewel, but they had no idea where it was.

There’s a couple more, but they’re not ones I’ve fully shelved yet. My most recent rejection was an action comedy that satirized the western cartoon vs anime debate. I won’t really say more because I do think I can probably find a home for it

As for the art styles, they vary based on the project, some are more cartoony, some have a comic book style to it.
I generally try to avoid the anime look, but mild traits from it wouldn’t be awful if done right.
My two current projects have very different aesthetic requirements.
One is more adventure oriented and needs more human looking characters, but not comic looking. Somewhere in between where looking st them you can tell that it isn’t a sitcom.

Whereas the other one is a sitcom with animal characters. So thicker lines and very expressive faces.

Aw snap I wanna help but I don't know how well my style is suited for ya. I design random characters all the time but they're mostly grim and comic book lookin'.

Attached: Illustration11.png (1000x1000, 265K)

You should set up an e-mail where people can send you their stuff. Not sure how much this thread will stay opened.

I mean, if it can be animated well, it can potentially work. Anyone’s art is basically better than my own. What are some of the full body things you’ve done?

Not a bad idea

Attached: 10DE3C49-6B3C-4C8B-9E72-F223B6CDF772.jpg (1050x518, 198K)

Attached: cm.png (1450x2136, 436K)

Definitely love that art, but you were right, it’s better suites for a comic. I wouldn’t mind getting into comics, but I have never written a comic script and I don’t know anyone in that industry at the moment

I 'll throw my hat into the ring. Here's 2 character I designed. I think I can work pretty well making designs so long as you give the direction of what the character is like.

Attached: 959787_darearms_vash-and-barkso.png (3300x2550, 1.98M)

Aw dang, good luck anyways dude! I guess I should broaden my horizons some more.

Attached: IMG_20190309_224210_436.jpg (1250x1250, 268K)

I don’t know man, you keep drawing like that and you’re bound to make the next big cult b&w comic. Better to be a master of one thing than a jack of all trades, right?

This looks neat, can you email me some more of your designs?

Sure, I'd be willing to e-mail more designs. I dont have anything as neat as the one I just posted, so all I'd really have is sketch designs to send

Well, a sketch is all I really need. Full color is nice because it means I can turn to you for more than base sketches, but I’m not against the idea of acquiring more than one artist, someone has to be able to do backgrounds as well

Thanks man, maybe I'll stop bein' a lazy puss and go balls deep in actual comic production instead of aimless doodling. Cheers fella, hope I catch your cartoons on tv in the future.

Attached: Illustration37.png (1000x1000, 223K)

Do you have any projects you've worked on before that you can share?

Aside from the icepick chin and giant feet, what's wrong with it? How old is he? What's the setting? Anything about his personality that clashes with the appearance?

He just didn’t work for any projects I was planning on doing. The idea was for someone unassuming who was actually the mastermind of something(another bad idea I scrapped after only briefly working on it)
And while the art is competent, it’s also a little too “webtoon” for lack of a better word. On top of that, this particular friend couldn’t be available for regular art. He is also just plain better at non-humans. He did every robot in a sci-fi project I did for instance.

I don’t share my old projects because I occasionally flip through them to find things I can still use. One of my recent ones I’m working on for instance is recycling a monster character. So it’s just a matter of having a bank of materials at my disposal.

I meant finished projects.

That artist wouldn't happen to be Matt Wilson, would it?

Nothing I am authorized to share unfortunately. It’s also nothing you would recognize.
That’s why my current venture is trying to break into doing my own creations in tv, of which I’ve been doing a decent job of getting my foot in the door. I at least get replies to my emails at this point.

No, he isn’t. He’s an unknown.

... Why didn't you just go to Twitter for this? Who goes to Yea Forums to hire freelancers?

Attached: Confused Black Girl.jpg (403x389, 20K)

I wanted to see what I would find. You never know when a crazy talented user just happens to be browsing

I suppose this could work for an idea of sorts.
Here’s a character that I had my current artist draw a few weeks ago as a sample of what we could do for the animal project. None of the main cast would look like her, but it was mainly a “can you draw non-humans test.”
I am looking for someone who can at least do this level of quality, and hopefully better.

Attached: B8356A34-9A51-4766-99A8-D6375A97F68F.jpg (1912x1856, 345K)

this
seems pretty shady to say the least

Attached: 1557702807727.gif (517x328, 1.69M)

Not OP, but I've unironically gotten more Yea Forums related work off of Yea Forums than I have through conventional means. Not even just commissions, I mean actual stable work.

I’ve gotten plenty of VA work done through Yea Forums as well.

Ask on more reliable social media sites, you talentless fuck.

>buster_on_the_internet.jpg

I've done the best I can to help in this thread without actually being an artist myself. If anything, I think you might have better luck making a request in the drawthread