Comicgate

Why did it happen?What is the solution?

Attached: 1563315326862.png (412x465, 221K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MoRoOA97h3k
youtube.com/watch?v=Af9WMBribYQ
breitbart.com/tech/2019/02/27/financial-blacklisting-chase-bank-withdraws-service-from-independent-and-conservative-figures/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Why did it happen?
It was a clear response to Gamergate, but unlike that, there isn't even the rumor of a scandal to build a movement on. Comicsgate never got much traction here, because of how little there was to actually discuss except conservatives pretending to be shocked and indignant that American cape comics skew liberal.
>What is the solution?
Ignore it and move on.

Stop hiring women.

>Why did it happen?
Youtubers with no talent wanted to sell shitty comics. Lead by that guy who did that shitty Riri fan book.
>What is the solution?
Um... that shit died out ages ago, so it solved itself.

Comicgate isn't really a thing. Its not a singular event of any kind, its just some people unhappy with marvel's hamfisted character pushing that want to sound like their opinion is important or some kind of movement so they just copied the '-gate' suffix.

There isn't a solution because there is barely a problem. Some of the nerds that read comics don't like how the comics they read/the company that makes them. This isn't news. Comics nerds are notoriously anal retentive about the franchises they get emotionally invested in. You still have people bitching about costume changes that happened a decade or more ago.

Meh, most of those idiots didn't even read comics. I think they even got tricked by their own people to buy variant covers and pay a premium for books that were "collectables". Real comic fans aren't going to fall for 90s gimmicks again and pretend that matters.

I don't think they even had digital editions for most of their books, not that it stopped us from storytiming some of the trash.

Why does their need to be a scandal other then unnecessarily shoving in feminism into comics?

Because then there'd be legitimate grievance other instead of incels whining about women

The solution is to laugh at the CasualGateers who think the frauds they support are actually going to produce something of note.

Because that is what the -gate suffix means. Its a reference to a thing called the Watergate scandal (or Watergate for short) which was a big political todo that you probably haven't heard of but you should really read up on when you have a chance.

Anyway, the point is that people sometimes give something a trendy name that acts as a reference to Watergate but calling it Xgate. But you are, by nature, implying that the thing you are talking about is a huge scandal.

Pizzagate was a hoax, but it was a hoax about a perceived scandal. Gamergate was stupid, but the discussion it prompted was triggered by a perceived scandal.

Comicsgate isn't a scandal, perceived or otherwise. Its just people being upset a thing. Calling it a 'gate' isn't just wrong, it showcases a fundamental lack of understanding of the cultural meme that you are trying to invoke.

>Because then there'd be legitimate grievance other instead of incels whining about women
Sorry femcel but trying to coopt the entertainment industry to shill your retarded gender politics is more then enough reason to start a movement against you.

>Comicsgate isn't a scandal, perceived or otherwise.
If you need youtube clicks, and you don't have a scandal, just make one up! That's pretty much all this was. If casualgate was about comics, we'd have seen regular books from them. Hell, lazy ass Yea Forums itself probably produces more than them at this point.

I mean, look at this user. He's upset because someone SAID incel, I doubt it was even directed at him. Any conman youtuber could get this guy riled up enough to drop 20 or 40 bucks on a book!

Nigga you're the reason the gamergate thing wasn't taken seriously AT ALL. It started with "Oh shit this person might be getting good reviews because she slept with the reviewers, that's fucking bullshit, the industry has problems" but immediately turned into " WHY IS THERE WAMEN IN MY GAMES"
Comicgate is even worse, it's just pathetic now

It's not a misunderstanding of the term, it's only an attempt to latch onto the momentum gamergate had. CG only got traction last year or so, but there were people trying to force it from 2014, and even GG people would tell them to fuck off.

>It started with "Oh shit this person might be getting good reviews because she slept with the reviewers, that's fucking bullshit, the industry has problems" but immediately turned into " WHY IS THERE WAMEN IN MY GAMES"

There is an important lesson to be learned here: presentation matters. Even if you have a point, if the face that the public associates with you is a screaming baby then it doesn't matter what your point is, people are going to not take you very seriously.

All the comicsgate comics that were suppposed to be industry changes came out and were pretty fucking lame. Outside of CGers jacking off over them they really failed to make an impact. That one bunny comic was pretty fun though, that was probably the best one to come out of it.

Attached: B8E67215-0516-43BA-B879-908FA5A8E5BD.jpg (807x1305, 528K)

Because the only thing keeping Gamergate from solely bitching about women, niggers, fags and trannies was how incompetent and skeezy game journalists were. And hilariously enough, people like Nathan Grayson are still employed. Still it managed to have more of an impact than CG, which was literally just youtubers trying to make money off /pol/tards and incels.

something similar kind of happened with comics gate, for me at least i have no problem with an independent group of people not being constrained by comic regulations making content and selling online, regardless of how "controversial" the subject matter is, what made me not interested in the slightest was once they got the funding they made it really clear that they cared more about pwning the libs than delivering a good product and alt hero plus there logo design cemented that.

>I live in my own reality

Most people who still consider themselves comicsgate are off with their thumbs up their asses in their own insular communities and servers. They exist, but you don't hear from them. The opinion hasn't gone anywhere, but comicsgate isn't really a 'thing' anymore unless you go looking for it.

>Why did it happen?
SJWs moving up the hierarchy

>What is the solution?
There is no solution

>Why did it happen?
Radical SJW politics getting in the way of stories and character development. It only got worse and worse over the 2010's until it became the mainstream opinion among both comic fans and comic retailers. Even Marvel's CEO admitted that their """diversity""" push was a disaster.

Also this. "Comicsgate" is just a recent name for it. Yea Forums has been making fun of SJW shit in comics since at least 2012, long before it had a "name".

Like GG fell to shit, but it was smart that it focused on game journos. No one likes fucking game journalists, they are fucking worthless for the most part, they are constantly semi-bribed, and their only real purpose it to tell me if a game is fun and broken as fuck.

Casualgate started off with "these people shouldn't be MAKING COMICS!", and that's stupid. Any effort in GG to say "this game shouldn't exist/should be changed" was small, and mostly ignored. You can't build a movement off telling people what not to make, any real artist would see how that would backfire. Shit, notice how GG had more and better ART for the movement than CG, a fucking COMIC BOOK BASED MOVEMENT? I hate a lot of Bendis's books, but I'd never slap the keyboard out of his hands, because that's censorship. Casualgate was actually a lot closer to the game journos that gave Bayonetta a 7.5 for having titties.

Attached: polygon in one image.jpg (500x282, 46K)

>Because the only thing keeping Gamergate from solely bitching about women, niggers, fags and trannies
The funny part is that the only reason you believe that is because you read articles by the same "game journalists", who were the problem in the first place.
Try to at least have some bare minimum level of self awareness.

Is that the reality where Captain Marvel was a secret flop?

Attached: 1552333347277.png (1463x2128, 3.28M)

>Yea Forums has been making fun of SJW shit in comics since at least 2012, long before it had a "name".
Stop trying to pretend Yea Forums is the same as faggot incels that get scammed by youtubers. Fuck you guys are pathetic. Which one is the one that crumples up comics after he reviews them?

Like a fucking child.

Its not really a thing anymore because the big comic book companies were selling out to Soros and liberal governments giving them grants to sell liberal propaganda. But the problem of woman and minorities in comics still exist.

>The funny part is that the only reason you believe that is because you read articles by the same "game journalists"
No the reason I KNOW that is true is because for a good month I was part of GG, sending emails and trying to provide information about stuff like Patricia Hernandez and Nathan Grayson violating ethical policies, and stuff about the GameJournoPros email group. Meanwhile the majority of GG was jacking off watching Jim's gay fucking drunk streams.

And wow what a surprise, guess who now has patreons and crowdfunding set up to mooch money off retarded fans? Its Jim, its Quarterpounder, its Sargon, its all the retards who tried to weasel into GG and use it to make money by crying about libtard shit. Fuck off retard, the best thing to come out of GG was the Law and Order episode and you have ME to thank for airing.

The one that pisses me off most is "Alita Victorious" because the movie actually did much worse after casualgators and other incel groups started saying they supported it. I think it made any normals on the fence about it just skip it.

politics are gay

Do you even know what GG is you faggot. Its Zoe Quin sucking off 5 guys to get her shitty depression quest game onto the stream store. Its soley a crusade against thots.

>Meanwhile the majority of GG was jacking off watching Jim's gay fucking drunk streams.
Honestly, I was right there with you, and ALL the fucking youtubers were worthless idiots. What a bunch of chucklefucks. Everyone you mentioned did more harm than good, and I think it killed any chance for things to be taken more seriously.

Casualgate wasn't just infested by moneygrubbing youtubers though, it was created by them. I take small comfort in that GG was a failed experiement, while casualgate was a full on scam.

You just described the 5 guys shit you fucking retard. If you were actually in GG you would know that trying to distance GG from that was a big deal especially early on, hence the Literally Who shit. Which failed miserably because there quickly became THREE Literally Whos.

Go back to fucking ED or Kiwi Farms or wherever you crawled out of, the only things you know are jack and shit.

>Why did it happen?
anti-consumerist practices, constantly shitting on their core loyal audience for years, turning comics from fun stories with cool visuals to political propaganda with shit art, etc, etc, etc
>What is the solution?
get politics out of comics, get lewd and violence back into comics, stop shitting on the core audience because of their race, gender, sex, political affiliations, etc.

>anti-consumerist practices,
If casualgate cared about that, why did one guy have four or more kickstarters for one book?

>get politics out of comics,
Proven to be a fucking retard point that only children believe. This is why they were called casualgate. Why are you so quick to defend a movement that was a proven scam?

>get politics out of comics
No it was
>get politics I agree with into comics

Attached: 1526771157352.jpg (639x737, 75K)

>watergate
ironically the shit that ended nixon doesn't even hold a candle to the shit Obama was pulling during the 2016 election. All nixon did was be connected to the republicans who broke in to look at some files, not a full blow wiretapping of at least one (and probably all) the republican presidential candidates.
>Pizzagate was a hoax
given what's coming out with Eipstein, idk if you can really call it a hoax. over reaching in theories, perhaps, but hardly a hoax

leading off with a comic whose art and writing makes cathy cannuck seem like a professional production probably wasn't smart either desu.

Oh man and how could I fucking forget about that faggot Mundane Matt? Boy he really fucking faded into obscurity huh? All these retards who try to pander to the IBS crowd end up getting torn apart because they end up going against the hivemind in some way. He ended up abusing copyright strikes exactly like he was crying about Zoe.

>given what's coming out with Eipstein, idk if you can really call it a hoax. over reaching in theories, perhaps, but hardly a hoax
no you can call it a hoax.. even flat earth has more truth to it

Nah dude it was great, you're just a SJW

Attached: 1542245869525.jpg (1324x2035, 408K)

comicsgate is just people who never read comics angry at people who never read comics shitting up the industry

that's it

Pizzagate was a hoax you fucking dipshit, and because of it you had a legitimately unhinged guy showing up at a pizza place with a gun to rescue fake children. Why are Q-user larpers so fucking stupid?

Attached: 9gue0se.png (713x410, 54K)

he asked for the solution, not "their solution"
the solution is to get all politics out of comics, or if politics must be in, present both sides evenly and allow the audience to decide, not vilify people.

There really isn't any connection between the claims of Pizzagate and whats come out about Epstein, other than at the most conceptual level.

Its like how if I was accused of murdering a dude with hammer, and a week later some other dude gets murdered with a hammer, the fact that guy died doesn't mean that the accusation against me is any more or less false. They are similar crimes but that doesn't make them connected.

They didn't actually have a point. The guy Quinn dated never reviewed her game, and her game was reviewed before they were dating. It was all a sham.

that was a false flag to destroy the computer servers hosting the cp and the opening to the rape dungeon

Why do both sides have to be presented evenly? Why can't people just create what they want to create?

Attached: 1544024642374.jpg (1236x1700, 415K)

The problem with youtubers, and GG was a bit to blame for boosting their egos, is that they ARE the new media for videogame reviews. Like, you can just show the game and talk about it, it's way more informative than a written article. A basic LP tells you more about a game than nearly any article will.

But youtubers are no more real journalists than game journos, nor are they more qualified. They just lucked into a better media for it. So youtubers are just as prone to rampant corruption (which is why youtube had to start forcing people to label their sponsored videos a while ago). But we can't have an ethics in youtube movement, because youtube itself is a broken platform, screwed up from every angle.

saying that those emails had anything to do with CP is retarded because anyone at that level would have used a fake email and burner phone. I think Epstein is going to squeal on people though but I agree with what you're saying.

>here's an actual pedophile who was running an underground sex ring of underage children for the elite
>fuck you, that's not proof there was an underground sex ring of underage children being provided to the elite!
>a man showed up with a gun at a suspected location of child trafficking, that means there is no child trafficking going on!
i'm not sure either of you two are in a position to call anyone a retard.
Look, I don't think pizzagate is 100% accurate, but the basic theory is sound and there is evidence to support something of that nature is going on and there has been for DECADES

This was the weirdest fucking thing. What ACTUALLY happened was that Nathan Grayson, in a preview about the game, directly linked to Quinn's paypal account for donations for an "upcoming game jam." Now this game jam never happened and even if it had, it literally just linked to Quinn's paypal account, her main fucking account.

This article was changed later with that removed, but instead of focusing on how weird and unethical this was, incels decided to double down on the SHE SLEPT WITH JOURNOS FOR REVIEWS which was just fucking retarded and a great way to make the movement look like it was just a bunch of retards crying about women. It was around that point where I just hung my hat up and washed my hands of the whole thing because it was just 100% twitter bitching and circlejerking by the two month mark.

Hey remember when King of /pol/ mailed a syringe to himself?

This, and I fucking hate it, I hate it so much. GUNNM has been my favourite comic for over a decade, Gally may have been my first waifu, and these fucking incel faggots ruined its chances to ever go anywhere after that first movie by forcibly associating themselves with it.

Fuck all casualgaters, I hope every one of them contracts leprosy.

It honestly just needed to be disclosed that they were friendly when she was interviewed or mentioned in articles. We had people a lot closer than him and Quinn writing positive stuff for their friends and shit. A glowing preview that isn't a "review" that happens to be about a game by your roommate (which actually happened) needs to have disclosure in it.

You are retarded my man

Comics industry declined to the point where the only creators willing to accept the low pay were retards and radical leftists. They then convinced their publishers that the only way to reverse the trend was to take all the things the current customers like and replace them with "diverse equivalents" and reach out to a bigger demographic, but due to inability to branch out outside the direct market and extreme low quality content this only succeeded in pissing off what few remaining customers were left.

Eventually a boomer streamed some reviews with a smartphone in a parking lot saying that these books were total shit and the comics industry, only contending with the most sycophantic media coverage imaginable, was enraged beyond any sensible measure. One flashpoint would be where then-Marvel Editor Heather Antos publicly called Diversity & Comics "a Klansman" , to which D&C responded that Heather Antos was "an objectively unqualified instagram thot and a 'workwife' for her direct supervisor Tom Brevoort, a paunchy, bald bachelor in his late fifties. and that he considers her the 'cumdumpster of the Marvel Bullpen'"

The lines drawn, Marvel Comics employees actively worked to dox D&C, and eventually succeeded. D&C for his part decided that the mainstream comics industry was beyond recovery and was going to crowdfund his own comics, which he figured was the future of western comics anyway (probably true).

Attached: 65467929_327305178207869_95707816763320782_n[1].jpg (606x758, 82K)

>Why do both sides have to be presented evenly? Why can't people just create what they want to create?
People should be free to create what they want, but both sizes (or all sides) should be presented evenly or else we get in the situation we're in now, where one side dominates and uses their position to vilify, belittle, and insult those they disagree with and there is no rebuttal, counter, or support for the other side.
and then your audience feels slighted and attacked, and that doesn't do anyone any good.

>Average backer paid around $35
>For this

Why would the use a public pizza place when they are literal billionaires with sex islands?

i mean, the media did to a terrific job of labeling anyone who liked Alita as an incel and everything that was wrong with the world from the start.

I will defer to your expertise in what it is like to be retarded, as you clearly are an expert in the situation from lived experience.

>but both sizes (or all sides) should be presented evenly
Why is that?

And honestly the ball is in the court for conservatives to make good comics. Instead all I've seen from CG is stuff about owning libtards, so its clear that the issue in their camp isn't one about both sides needing fair representation. Why the fuck do we need to have fair political representation in comics, exactly? If someone wants to imply Trump is a retard, who the fuck cares?

Hey remember when CGers celebrated Arthur getting an episode censored? Weren't these guys supposed to be against censorship?

Attached: 1558486902354.png (558x450, 250K)

ever read holmes? sometimes the best hiding places are in out in the open where no one would think it would be.
but hell if i know, i'm not into pizzagate beyond knowing the base concept and i have no idea how pedos would run an underground sex ring other than they recruit from child protective services.

Those are big words from a pizza gator.

That sounds like a boring hellish nightmare where all media is just wet newspaper levels of entertaining.

Both solutions have issues.

Its impossible to get all politics out of comics, because remembers what kicked off this outrage: female and minority characters getting focus in an attempt to draw in new audiences as a marketing ploy. Thats politics these days.

So already you have an unwinnable situation: either the characters exist, and the fact that they exist is political inclusion, or you never make anyone that isn't a white dude and thats just as political a decision.

Presenting both sides of the issue as reasonable is a noble goal, and I do think it should be attempted when possible. But it isn't always possible or wise because sometimes both sides of the issue are not equally reasonable and pretending that they are is damaging.

To use an extreme and absurd example, lets use the 'Superman vs the KKK' comic people have been getting mad about. To represent both sides of that issue as being grounded, there would have to be and other-side comic where you have to make an attempt to rationalize "Well maybe they SHOULD be allowed to lynch people for being black" as a reasonable point of view worthy of consideration. I realize that this is Yea Forums so a bunch of edgy teenagers are already frantically typing up edgelord responses to this, but I think the adults in the room can agree that rationalizing literally illegal hate crime as a valid stance isn't going to fly.

Fuck off.

>im not into pizzagate but i know its true

Attached: DZZMDV1VAAAypTs.jpg (581x323, 31K)

It was really weird seeing all these alt-right types going on about Alita, just to try and poke at Captain Marvel (which was already well on the way to a billion). Because the whole book is pretty critical of capitalism, if you look at it more than not at all. Especially those early chapters covered in the movie.

I think Mothra got dragged into the "this is what women SHOULD BE!" thing, also to try to poke at Captain Marvel. Carol drove these guys INSANE.

>why should everyone have equal representation
i mean, people have been insisting that equal representation/fair representation is a civil right or something like that. if you wanna change the game so that some people can be suppressed that's really up to you, but don't be surprised when it doesn't work out the way you expect it too.

>Trump
He's been a friend of epstein's longer than Clinton has. What is she talking about.

clearly you never read green arrow green lantern or anything like that.

Man I'm glad KotM didnt have any CG incel shit associated with it.

Republicans are not an oppressed group. In fact, CG showed us that there is nothing stopping them from making content. The problem is that content sucked dick.

Attached: 1559703526101.jpg (1080x1080, 112K)

When did this place end up full of Tumblr-tier faggots?

>Comicgate
Close this tab and go back to your reddit one. Don't come back.
>Why did it happen?
Comic book readers were, and are, being alienated by the medium they were supporting and told that they weren't the target audience anymore, and the medium they liked was co-opted by people that didn't have a passion for comics and just wanted to use it to push their agendas.
>What is the solution?
Well it sure as shit isn't a bunch of other faggots that don't have a passion for comics putting their own agenda into comics too.

The real solution is to just not support the shitty titles and buy the ones that are good. Maybe that means you won't be reading much Marvel, IDW or DC, that's too bad. And if there aren't any recent comics that look good to you then just don't buy the new stuff and read the decades of older comics instead.

Since always. Always a good laugh to see a board that jacks off to Steven Universe fanart every other thread call anyone else "casual".

No, I have but at no point was it "well gee Hal, I guess it's okay that you don't care about black people because both sides of this issue are valid"

This is what CG was

Attached: comicsgate in a nutshell.png (588x798, 457K)

>In fact, CG showed us that there is nothing stopping them from making content. The problem is that content sucked dick.
They really did not think of a longterm plan, it's very clearly a quick cash grab. One book was literally drawn by some foreign kids that Meyer paid barely anything to. The really shitty black and white book posted here a few times.

Attached: Meyer cheap 1.jpg (1199x787, 127K)

>"HELLO FELLOW WHITE PEOPLE" -Ezra Goldbergstein
If any of that were true, you wouldn't be running interference for these fucking retarded "journalists".
The ones who cover comics are at least as bad, if not worse.

"Keeping politics out of comics" is a dumb and unenforceable demand, but comics as an industry shouldn't enforce extreme ideological conformity to the point of blacklisting conservatives because they supported Trump or whatever and all content has to be crudely made propaganda targeted at caricatures.

Where's my water edit?

It sounds like the problem isn't with GG or CG, but is a personal issue with you two who are completely obsessed with ecelebs, and project your retardation into claiming it's everyone else who's obsessed with ecelebs.
I was around for GG, and I don't know a single one of these faggots you two are obsessing over.

>To represent both sides of that issue as being grounded, there would have to be and other-side comic where you have to make an attempt to rationalize "Well maybe they SHOULD be allowed to lynch people for being black" as a reasonable point of view worthy of consideration. I realize that this is Yea Forums so a bunch of edgy teenagers are already frantically typing up edgelord responses to this, but I think the adults in the room can agree that rationalizing literally illegal hate crime as a valid stance isn't going to fly.
gonna be super edgy because it's fun and i love triggering Yea Forumsmblr.
I'm not an expert on the KKK, but most of the time when they "lynched a nigger" it was generally on the basis that said black person had violated the law or was acting in a way that was perceived as dangerous to people (often women). So you could make the case that most lynching were punishments for crimes (or to prevent crimes).
You could actually make an interesting and complex story out of it.
>Superman comes to the aid of a young girl whose family is being harrassed and threatened by the KKK, he shows up to put an end to it.
>big deal about how racism is bad, threatening people is bad, etc
>Turns out the KKK has been harassing her family because her older brother has been (or is perceived to have been) sexually harassing young women in the area, refuses to stop, and now they're doing what they do to try and intimidate the family and him into getting him to stop.
>events proceed further, and eventually the KKK grab the young man to lynch him because he's done something to/with a young lady they think is too far and they're going to end this.
>Superman shows up to stop the lynching, and then has to determine did the young man do something against the girl's will, and regardless has to try and teach the KKK that regardless of what the young man did or didn't do, it is the place of the Law to judge and punish him, not them.

Oh right I'm a fucking jew because I'm not sucking Jim's dick. Thanks for sharing, retard. How many emails did you send during GG because I sure as shit sent more.

>buy a whole crate of toys making toy companys think its popular so they make more
h.. how does this own the libs

>incels
>scam
>youtube
tranny detected, proceed to dilate and then 40%.

>comics as an industry shouldn't enforce extreme ideological conformity to the point of blacklisting conservatives because they supported Trump

Has this ever actually happened? Like a specific, verifiable example.

user both GG and CG are e-celeb shit though. Isn't one of the fucking CG people referred to as Caesar? Its a cult of personality designed to get money from retards. Its a total scam.

Comicwut, did a CEO have an affair?

>Republicans are not an oppressed group.
i mean, they're being silenced on twitter, youtube, google, facebook, and several have been kicked out of housing and had their bank accounts shut down, but sure, no one is oppressed.

>getting baited by a boomer this bad

>but comics as an industry shouldn't enforce extreme ideological conformity to the point of blacklisting conservatives because they supported Trump or whatever and all content has to be crudely made propaganda targeted at caricatures.
But that never happened. There are tons of people who are conservative who did well in the industry, but you notice the ones that did bad also have other problems. EVS, who lead casualgate before it collapsed, is a whiny bitch on twitter everyday. "But so are other people!" you say? Well, his book was supposed to be out in November of last year, I think it just came out (did it?) recently. That's not a guy who can keep a deadline anymore. But if you can say "I was blacklisted for my beliefs!", it looks better than "I draw too slow".

>I'm not sucking Jim's dick.
LITERALLY
WHO

Nah, there was very little reporting in that way. People started associating dumb no-game cunts with it after they began actively rallying behind the movie.

it's always been like this, but since tumblr shut down it's gotten waaaaaay worse.

Just donate to his patreon like a little casual soldier.

LMAO LOOK AT THIS KEKOLD SJW HE DOESNT KNOW

Attached: 1535643651575.jpg (750x765, 66K)

>There are tons of people who are conservative who did well in the industry,

Name one.

The last comic with a conservative moral value was Squadron Supreme back in the 80s.

If a -gate was started due to something like Perlmutter's bullshit, I'd be all for it. Casualgate didn't talk about him though, because they support his politics.

Attached: perlmutter.jpg (575x575, 43K)

>user both GG and CG are e-celeb shit though.
I'm a "comicsgoobergator" because I fucking hate nuMarvel, and the fact that DC has been copying them to be just as bad with SJW bullshit.
I don't follow a single eceleb, or watch any channels on youtube.
Again, stop projecting your zoomer obsession with youtubers onto everyone else. You could "totally own" any number of them, and no one is ever going to even pretend to like SJWs ruining comics.

People paid 25-35 dollars plus 15 in shipping for this. The "writer" paid the artist peanuts while he cashed in dozens of thousands of dollars.

well, it did get toyrus put out of business because they couldn't sell all the star wars toys and crashed...

user, there was literally no evidence. Not a shred. It was all made up. Even the building itself didn't have the facilities described by the conspiracy tards (i.e. a basement).

They're being silenced when they say retarded shit like Sandy Hook was an inside job. Trying to make that shit a rallying cry for the party is hilariously retarded. But hey you've got the entire Republican party trying to avoid declaring Trump's current tweets as racist so the whole party has really embarrassed itself over the past few years with regards to hypocrisy.

Exactly, you're totally ignorant about GG. Leave it to the people who know what they're talking about, kiddo.

>There are tons of people who are conservative who did well in the industry
Did.
Past tense.

>and several have been kicked out of housing and had their bank accounts shut down

What are you talking about?

Attached: nia.jpg (1280x800, 171K)

35 plus shipping.
About 25 bucks.

>Nah, there was very little reporting in that way.
idk, i remember a fair amount of it off hand, but i wasn't super into the movie and didn't give a shit except it was more of the usual "Liking X thing makes you sexist."

>Exactly, you're totally ignorant about GG.
Because I don't follow retarded ecelebs like you?
Thanks for proving my point that you were never actually interested in GG, and only like listening to retarded ecelebs.

Congrats you fell for e-celeb shit, dumb newfag. How old are you? It seems like most CGers aren't old enough to buy alcohol.

Attached: 1554704832808.jpg (212x189, 22K)

>The last comic with a conservative moral value was Squadron Supreme back in the 80s.
... you tell me how you saw that as conservative. Because it's more anti authoritarian specifically.

>I TOTALLY KNOW ABOUT GAMERGATE GUYS
>lol who is Jim?
Okay kiddo, thanks for sharing that you're retarded and uninformed.

you can look it up, but chace bank i think it was has shut down several decently profiled conservatives bank accounts down.
like formal letters and everything.
and paypall has shut down several people's accounts and blocked several websites as well, though i don't know if you'd count them as a bank really.

Just because you can't get a job at Marvel doesn't mean anything except you probably aren't good enough.

paypal is very conservative, though. They're super shitty to porn artists.

The retarded ecelebs ARE Casualgate. Without them you wouldn't have a movement, just a hundred incels on leddit and discord.

But porn is all I want to spend my money.

There was like one review about the movie being sexist, which there's always going to be, the same way there's always going to be a few dumbass reviews about any movie with gays in it promoting degeneracy. The rest of the commentary ended up being about creepy losers associating themselves with it.

By the way you type, I assume you're the guy defending pizzagate? Stop just accepting what the gater circlejerk tells you.

>Just because you can't get a job at Marvel doesn't mean anything except you probably aren't good enough.
And people like Gabby Riviera and Kelly Thompson are?

Attached: df8d5bd52392c5ccceed5673.jpg (500x443, 32K)

>I assume you're the guy defending pizzagate?
i wouldn't say defending it so much as not dismissing the concept out of hand because a few autistics got some info wrong.

>you can look it up
Great source user, very conducive to convincing others you're not full of shit. Next time just type "My ass."

Republicans aren't being silenced. Just the retarded 'race realists' among them who just cannot stop themselves from using these platforms to attack others.

>The retarded ecelebs ARE Casualgate. Without them you wouldn't have a movement, just a hundred incels on leddit and discord.
No, we would all still be hating on SJWs ruining comics, the same way we have been years before "comicsgate" even had a name.
You're the one obsessing over youtubers.

I suppose they're better than you.

That's unfortunate.

Attached: smug anime3.png (1280x720, 513K)

That seems pretty retarded. They didn't get some info wrong, they got everything wrong. There were no child prostitutes under that pizza place.

>spoonfeed me, i'm a retard
what are you even doing here user?

>Paint everyone that doesn't like recent shitty comics under the same "You're a comicgator!" brush
>What the fuck, these guys don't know all about the comicsgate universe of characters?
Maybe it's almost like you don't have to be obsessed about some gay youtube war to not like bad comics.

>not dismissing the concept out of hand
So you're a retard?

user, he's a shitty Eastern European garbage person. Stop responding to them.

>dude trust me, conservatives ARE being killed for their beliefs
>no I wont give you a source, what do I look like?

I don't think it's really comparable to Gamgergate, since the solution presented will just kind of happen on it's own due to decreasing sales. They don't really have to protest or make a stand, capes are bleeding out anyways.

They didn't get some info wrong. They got ALL the info wrong. Everything about the conspiracy was pulled out of think air. They intentionally doctored images and used fake pictures from other places to make their conspiracy seem stronger.

It wasn't people getting things wrong. It was cunts being intentionally deceptive.

Why would you call yourself a comicsgator if you pride yourself in being completely separate from the comicsgate movement?

look, i don't hang in those threads but the fact you're focusing on a singular pizza place is what's retarded
the basic ideas of pizzagate that i've picked up are
>pedos are real
>underground underage sex rings are real
>celebrities and powerful people are involved
i mean, all three of those things are demonstrably true facts, so believing in a "conspiracy of pedos" is not retarded. insisting no such thing exist is.

You default are obsessed with gay youtubers (literally in the case of EVS) if you call yourself casualgate. We've had problems with various books for as long as Yea Forums existed, so why would we hate casualgate if they actually were like us? The answer is we hate them because they're idiots who get scammed easily, and came here to shill their scams.

user the basic idea of pizzagate was that there was a pedo ring under some pizza place used by the dems to fuck and sell kids. Nobody is fucking saying child sex rings aren't real.

Please tell me you are joking.

>Maybe it's almost like you don't have to be obsessed about some gay youtube war to not like bad comics.
It's just the SJW tactic against GG all over again.
>"UHM INCELINCELINCEL LOOK AT THIS ECELEB LOOK AT THIS ARTICLE ABOUT HOW YOU'RE ALL RACIST SEXIST HOMOPHOBIC CULT"
At this point I'm willing to believe that a majority of whoever subscribes to these youtube channels are just SJWs looking for ammo to "own the anti-SJWs", even though none of us give a shit about these ecelebs in the first place.

>dude trust me, conservatives ARE being killed for their beliefs
who the fuck said anything about being killed? the other user said "oppressed" in which case the argument could be made.
i mean, "conservatives" have nearly been killed (bikelock professor is a great example of that) but leftists seem to be absolutely shit at actually killing people, just managing to be violent spergs.

If you don't care about retarded youtubers and shitty crowdfunded comics, you aren't a real CGer. You're just an user who bitches about comics.

Unironically incels. Edgy internet kids made an identity out of sticking it to the libs over imagined problems in an industry that's been full of real problems. It's like the decline in quality and sorry state of cape comics was only apparent when there were less straight white male characters. Fans suddenly cared that they've been consuming shallow pandering marketing driven garbage, but lack the perspective and self-awareness to see it for what it is.

I know, it was fucking infuriating. Now half the time I recommend the comic I have to explain that actually it has nothing to do with retarded race wars faggots, and they just hijacked the movie because they were asshurt about some glowy superhero chick.

I legitimately want all these people to die. I used to be pretty chill about the whole culture wars shit but now all alt-righties can go drown in shit. Antifa can punch all the morons they want, so long as there's a slim chance that some of the people getting punched are ones that got involved in this.

Hoaxes like pizzagate actually end up protecting real child sex rings. Basically the people who made up pizzagate cried wolf, and probably distracted from many real leads people could be looking into. So congrats on being part of the problem.

The problem is that CGers were all being le based and le redpilled to own the libtards, though. Maybe if they didnt want to be viewed as racists they should have stopped larping as racists.

Attached: vd-maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 223K)

Its kind of sad honestly. You have a dying industry being taken advantage making the industry's death happen more quickly. Some parts of gamergate have resolved themselves but the underlying issue still remains...thots, minority quotas and sjw's taking control.

The Squadron Supreme are specifically trying to usher in a neoliberal technocratic utopia using an all-powerful state. Like how they, acting as the state, implemented strict gun control to solve crime and universal health care in the form of cryo-suspension (both matters championed by conservatives). The dissenter Nighrthawk fights arguing that a just society must guarantee the free choice and liberty of people over absolute safety.

everyone knew child sex rings were a thing. pizzagate was specifically about it being under a single location which didnt have a basement

dialate

>Why would you call yourself a comicsgator if you pride yourself in being completely separate from the comicsgate movement?
Not him, but I didn't choose the name, but the sentiment is the exact same, and the sentiment will continue no matter how many irrelevant youtubers you shitpost about.

So where is this source about conservatives being kicked out of their housing and having their bank accounts closed for their political beliefs?

Reading kiwifarms ongoing Comicsgate thread is a constant stream of hilarity from people who never read comics at all beyond bait screencaps, and even they think EVS is a grifter.

I literally never called myself a comicsgator and that was my second ever post in this thread. And as i explained, they, and myself just now, are the ones being called a comicsgator by knee jerk faggots.

Before casualgate slurched around here it used to just be called "Posting on Yea Forums".

>It's just the SJW tactic against GG all over again.
As someone who was in GG, casualgate is a lot more like the SJW game journos than GG. Youtube videos attacking their enemies are just crazy "gamers are dead" articles in video form. See

The only impact that matters to them is that they are receiving a much larger profit margin than they would see actually working for the big two.

>casualgate
>us
>scam
The only people talking about EVS are you tranny "anti-CG" retards. Stop projecting.

Okay then enjoy being lumped in with retards like EVS and thequartering, you dumb faggot.

Kiwi Farms is a bunch of trollshielding retards, man that thread is a dumpster fire of pearl clutching dumbfucks.

No one has to watch a single youtube video, and i've never even watched any of evs's videos before, to know that there are shitty comics books around these days. But everyone that doesn't like said comics still gets called a comicgator anyway because faggots like you can't think outside of your gay little youtube sphere.

user, those are not the basic ideas of pizzagate. The basic idea of pizzagate was that a specific place was being used as a sex trafficking spot where dems sell kids and/or fuck them.

EVERYBODY FUCKING KNOWS pedos are real and underground sex rings are real. That's not what the gaters wanted to prove. They wanted to prove that all their political enemies were doing this in order to demonize them and make themselves feel justified. This rabid desire to prove this based on zero fucking evidence led to them picking a pizza place essentially at random to stitch up as a pedo den.

Never fucking defend these people, they were atrocious liars with not even the slightest concern for truth or justice. They didn't care about kids, they just wanted to make up a scandal they could use to sling mud at political opponents.

>he knows who EVS is
looks like your critics are right, retard

I think I actually got wrapped up in this shit without even meaning to. I just wanted new Earthworm Jim content.

Attached: harmfulbug.png (209x265, 53K)

Have you considered the fact that none of the rest of us obsess over youtube ecelebs the same way you do?
>Youtube videos attacking their enemies are just crazy "gamers are dead" articles in video form.
And no, they're not. At least "le casualgoobergator incel sexists", at a bare minimum, pretend to like comics and video games. These SJWs not only detest video games and comics, but also the people who consume them.

>Okay then enjoy being lumped in with retards like EVS and thequartering, you dumb faggot.
With pride, because I don't give a shit about your ecelebs.
Have fun being lumped in with the critics in pic related.

Attached: America Chavez.png (1021x539, 193K)

>come into a comicsgate thread
>get assblasted at the insinuation that you are part of comicsgate just because you support all it stands for
lmao

It's a bunch of people spending money on comics, unlike a good portion of Yea Forums.

>With pride
>because I don't give a shit about your ecelebs.
You just spend the entire thread whining about being called a comicsgator you dumb shit. Also way to immeditely prove your critics right by pulling up more e-celeb shit.

In your defense, Doug TenNapel easily delivers the biggest value among the CG set.

Someone mention EVS? He's gonna SAVE COMICS!

Attached: broke new ground.jpg (1200x576, 101K)

jesus fucking christ, you can't even use the little search bar up in the top of your screen for five minutes and learn shit yourself?
youtube.com/watch?v=MoRoOA97h3k
here's a video talking about some of them
youtube.com/watch?v=Af9WMBribYQ
here's a video of a girl being run out of her new apartment.

Not him, but I knew of EVS from his cover art for DC, and only remembered him again when trannies started sperging out about "comicsgate".
I also haven't watched a single one of his youtube videos.
It sounds like you're still projecting.

>but both sizes (or all sides) should be presented evenly or else we get in the situation we're in now, where one side dominates and uses their position to vilify, belittle, and insult those they disagree with and there is no rebuttal, counter, or support for the other side.
So we need to dedicate a bunch of time to talk about the benefits and disadvantages of mutualism vs anarcho-communism vs fascism vs paleoconservatism vs neoliberalism vs state capitalism vs nazbol?

>youtube video links
oh boy

Attached: 1521336106420.gif (640x266, 3.26M)

The Pizzagate thing is just a rehash of the satanic pedo panic of the late 80s early 90s. I'm not trying to sound like an oldfag here but I'm betting most of Yea Forumssearch doesn't remember that shit first hand, it was fucking bonkers. That South Park episode where the whole town is arrested because the kids lie about being molested happened two towns over from me in Wenatchee. The police would literally drive with kids in the car and arrest everyone in the houses they pointed at. I have a VHS that my mom took at a town meeting about a fucking witches coven.

Nigga that post i was replying to mentioned him first! And you know who he is too. Holy shit what level of doublethink are you on right now my man?

>rando comic that was canceled ages ago
Way to prove your point faggot.

Also a great example of casualgaters missing the forest for the trees. That character was fine when written well in some of their previous stuff. The problem with that book wasn't that there was a brown woman in it, the problem was the REAL problem with modern comics - that the writing is fucking shit and they are circling the drain in terms of creativity, rehashing the same garbage ideas over and over.

America was x10 more interesting than anything these retards have done. Because it was sincerely batshit insane instead of phoning it in .

Conservatives censer tits, drugs, insulting and hate questioning the man.
Theyes should stick to boot licking the police and corporations whilst everyone else wrecks the system by having Spider-Man stand up for the average Joe and Superman teaching kids it's chill to be an immigrant because you can still be a hero to the community.
Keep religious text thumping totalitarian kowtowing prudes out of my Captain America unless they are being portrayed as helping folks they discriminated against and standing alongside Cap even if the racist tossers disagree with him politically.
Oh, and get a real writer who knows some actual bloody history and has the capacity for real critical thinking(not whatever nonsense they teach in America) to replace Bendis; the person is anathema to every vulnerable community they try to depict in their stories. Miles got lucky, that Rift/teleporting kid in D.C might get an unfair amount flak if Bendis mess with him.

Also, comics gate is a dumb name and I can't even remember what it's about l.

I R8 my shitpost an offensive 4/10.

You said you were a casualgator, why would you do that if you're not watching their leaders? You're the one wanting to be associated with them, they have no "ideology" for you to take on. Being angry about comics doesn't mean anything, get in fucking line.

i mean, if you're gonna talk politics, might as well talk politics.
it's a lot more entertaining than talking about genders.

Does modern Earthworm Jim have any political messaging?

Samefag crying and projecting about trannies.

>You just spend the entire thread whining about being called a comicsgator you dumb shit.
You might be confusing me with a different poster.
This is my first post here:
I don't mind the label because the current state of the big two is utterly fucking embarrassing, and has been for a long time, for all the reasons that "comicsgators" have already stated hundreds of times over the last decade.
That will continue to remain true no matter how much you shitpost about all the ecelebs that I don't watch.

>Thinks every user is the same person
Try being more newfag than you already are.

>can't search
>can't watch
>can't read
see, this is why i didn't want to spoonfeed you, cause you gonna bitch no matter what you got.

This bitch seems to be using her political adjenda to justify her horrible credit score that got her kicked out.

Yeah, I remember it.

Pizzagate it a little different though, it was 100% politically motivated and rather than being the result of something happening and causing a scare, the cause was absolute shitstains making something up to try to generate fake news.

Maybe you could give me a source that isn't a fucking monetized youtube video.

>You said you were a casualgator, why would you do that if you're not watching their leaders?
Why do you need to watch some random ecelebs if you hate the SJW influence in comics? You can just read them when they're spammed on Yea Forums and shit all over them, no hour long eceleb commentary needed.

When you consider that the episode was trying to force sexual perversion and deviancy as being perfectly okay and acceptable on young impressionable children, such measures ARE something to not only cheer about, but encourage.

Why would you call yourself a comicsgator and then get completely assblasted when people associate you with EVS?

>JewTube
>news

Attached: I_shigidigy_in_the_ass.png (1166x849, 980K)

>I don't mind the label because
The label means you suck youtuber cock and pour your money on shitty books they deliver late. Congrats, the label is all yours!

Hasn't been released yet, but I kind of doubt it since TenNapel's leasing of Earthworm Jim's IP is conditional on not including association with "extremism".

It's hard to me to villainize people who successfully vote with their wallets, even if the product they are voting for looks like shit.
Selling comics is a capitalist endeavor and these people are playing by those rules to great effect. I just think it's insane that so many people are paying 30+ dollars to support one issue. But they seem happy with what they are getting so who am I to judge? If someone i really liked jumped on this train I might put down a great deal of money to support them too.

i mean if that's what you hear when someone says "my roommates hate me because my politics and demand i leave." then that's what you hear man.

So why have there been straight wedding episodes featured in cartoons for children that haven't been censored?

Its just so weird how the anti-censorship side is so eager to celebrate shit they dislike being censored.

EVS literally has stated that he "owns" the movement, so you are telling us you're his sloppy bitch by taking on that label. That's the label you chose, it doesn't mean anything else.

Attached: comicsgate owner.jpg (611x418, 73K)

Doug's books don't really have political messages but they do have christian undertones.

>I don't mind the label
Good to know, incel

Attached: 1546566549791.jpg (1920x1080, 273K)

why? so you can bitch its from some "conservative" website?
use the search bar, nigger. find your own sources you trust.
also, most conservative channels are demonetized at this point. just like most gaming, history, comic, and nature sound channels.

The real issue is most of the comic book talent of the 80s and 90s grew up on comic books and wanted to write them regardless of the pay conditions. As sales decline and less people feel like justifying paying hundreds of dollars a month to read the big two, people who have a talent for the medium are dwindling. So we get a lower class of talent and more importantly an editiorial that cares less about anything but a cross over event. Politics are just a pointless surface level issue that's masking the death spiral comics are in.

>That character was fine when written well in some of their previous stuff.
I agree.
>that the writing is fucking shit and they are circling the drain in terms of creativity
Because SJWs are creatively bankrupt, and the entire book was some sort of disconnected ambien trip about "BROWN GIRLS GOOD, WHITE MAN BAD".
>rehashing the same garbage ideas over and over.
No, it wasn't in the case of America. I hear this argument about how "new ideas don't sell because comic fans are incel virgin incels who just want the same old stuff", but the fact of the matter is that Marvel's "house of ideas" is complete and utter shit, and all their new ideas are terrible. If their new ideas weren't terrible, people would love the new ideas.

is there a car under all that?

So I can see the fucking source and determine if your story is true you retard. Which it clearly isn't since you've been unable to show anything but a MONETIZED YOUTUBE VIDEO.

He more than likely bought them all on clearance, after they were written off on a loss.

>It's hard to me to villainize people who successfully vote with their wallets, even if the product they are voting for looks like shit.
In that case, remember that Squirrel Girl was constantly outselling EVERY single casualgate book, month after month. Issues in the 20s were selling more than casualgate's most sold book "Jawbreaker".

Attached: squirrelgirlissue24.jpg (843x1280, 367K)

The person who owns the vehicle probably has a family.

If you make your roommates uncomfortable enough to leave you should probably just live on your own.

Lots of retards have families, user.

Attached: 1546567868402.jpg (1536x2048, 393K)

>The label means you suck youtuber cock and pour your money on shitty books they deliver late.
According to you, even though I haven't funded a single comic, comicsgate or otherwise, nor do I obsess over ecelebs the way you do.
I'm not sorry, but you're never going to somehow shame me into liking SJWism in comics.

thats not being oppressed thats not laws or the government keeping you down. thats another person telling you to leave

stop being a lazy retard and look it up yourself.

I'd put more money on the owner currently paying child support.

Go read a different comic then, ya dweeb. I'm sorry that there exists things that offend you.

Stop being a lazy retard and source your claims.

You're a comicsgator, sorry dude. You are a yotuber's bitch.

And why exactly do you think I give a shit about what EVS claims?
EVS could contract the gay AIDS and die tomorrow, and everyone will continue to hate SJWs in comics.

Okay, this is badass.

i mean, that's being oppressed according to blacks and latinos...

Sorry, can't hear you over the sound of EVS's shimp dick in your mouth.

>You're a comicsgator
Yep, I guess so.
>You are a yotuber's bitch.
But I don't watch youtube channels, unless it's music. Stop letting ecelebs live in your head rent free.

He bought 12 rose tico toys for 2 bucks each then looped the video for an hour.

fine, you tell me a news source you trust and then i will go where your lazy ass won't and see if they have the balls to talk about it and give you the link. will that make you happy?

user, come on now, you're being a little silly.

Attached: 1537829986445.jpg (2040x1406, 596K)

Really doesn't matter if the comics selling less issues are making more money anyways.

Attached: marcus.jpg (250x300, 46K)

You seem to spend a lot of time thinking about eceleb dick. Anything you would like to share with the class?

>the president telling you to leave your home country is comparable to you getting kicked out of a dwelling for being an obnoxious roommate

>EVS could contract the gay AIDS and die tomorrow
Yeah, he might, but that would also end casualgate. Without the youtubers, it doesn't exist.

If you cared about saving comics, why are you here instead of drawing and writing?

>But I don't watch youtube channels
Sure, sure.

Nah just give me a source from somewhere that isnt youtube and I'll be happy. How about the BBC? Oh wait they're cucks, right? Well, I'm sure Breitbart is brave enough to talk about this, right?

It's adorable that you think that.

Cry moar, you little bitch.

Attached: smug pipe man.jpg (372x460, 66K)

Did Trumptards just forget that his entire campaign was saying America was becoming a third world country or what?

doesnt the fact that he can make these cartoons and post them uncensored prove that he isnt oppressed

>Yeah, he might, but that would also end casualgate. Without the youtubers, it doesn't exist.
You really think that without whatever random eceleb of the week you obsess over, everyone will just randomly bend over backwards and go "WTF I LOVE SJWS NOW!!!"?
Yea Forums's been shitting on SJWs ruining comics for a decade, long before "comicsgate" had a name.

I'm going to be real, man, i'm the other poster that's talking to these retards about how stupid it is that they just call everyone a comicsgator, and it really doesn't do you any good to associate yourself with a label you don't know everything about.

You don't have to label yourself as anything just to not like shitty comics. It'd be like calling yourself a Greek when you're actually Italian, you're a wog either way but you don't actually do the zorba dance in a skirt. If they're retarded enough to mislabel you then they're still retarded either way, but you don't have to take that label just because of that.

i don't make the rules of the game, i just watch it be played.

Ben is not about self reflection, user

Attached: 1528729766804.jpg (1726x1354, 557K)

so you can't or won't give me a source you trust, you're just gonna sit here all night and bitch like a faggot.

Actually, it does. Jawbreaker was one book at 35 bucks + shipping, but it took several months to come out. Squirrel Girl sold more units monthly during that time, and those issues were collected as trades, which also got their own sales.

I literally fucking gave you two you dipshit. I said I'd be fucking fine with Breitbart, what more do you want you moronic cunt?

Hurry the fuck up already, I want to go jack off to Midna porn.

Wait, all those videos where done by a professional artist and not some basement dwelling autist like Razorfist? That's pretty embarrassing

what changed to make him go all in on the /pol/ wagon

He's probably confused, because EVS is the one known for sucking dick, not being sucked.

Because the casualgate name is for fags.

>You don't have to label yourself as anything just to not like shitty comics.
Outside of conversations like these, I don't label myself a "comicsgator". But if SJW trannies are going to call me a "comicsgator" for the exact same shit that Yea Forums has been shitting on for almost a decade now, then I'll gladly accept the compliment.

1st amendment protections only apply to the government user.
private companies can do what they want :^)
though he was dis-invited from the "summit on conservatives being censored" so you can make of that what you will.

If these CG related comics can actually keep momentum and the creators can continue churning out constant content, then I have nothing to criticize about them.
But to me it kind of seems like all this is front-loaded with initial hype, and once a lot of these first issues and mini series are over, the profit margin will drop considerably, until it's an endeavor no more profitable than working for Marvel/DC. Maybe I'm wrong though. Maybe this really is a devoted audience willing to pay way over the standard for content pandered specifically to them. And if that's the case, they aren't doing anything wrong but blowing some money.

Razorfist left comicsgate when he got offended people called Vox Day a racist.

Attached: 9DD184BE-4583-45A6-8FB3-7D8D94415ED7.jpg (804x614, 235K)

Imagine caring this much about two shitty comics just for the sake of gay internet arguments.

Absolute state of you lot.

Wouldn't have been unnecessary if it actually got people to buy comics.

Unfortunately for Marvel, the people who actually put in real work to advance their liberal/leftists causes are not people who bother to waste money on a form of entertainment where 95% of what's offered is purile, banal, BORING, crap.

Comics sell when they don't suck. Comics sell when they do something new. Comics sell when they are forged in love, and tempered by mastery of craft. Comics sell when a name has been around for decades and people are habitually conditioned to desire a continuation of the story. Comics sell, except when they don't.

I forget what I was trying to argue here.

Former professional Artist. He burned all his bridges with DC and he's technically indie now but you'd never know it with his output.

>though he was dis-invited from the "summit on conservatives being censored" so you can make of that what you will.
By the urging of the ADL, no less.
I think this is going to be the straw that breaks him into going full 14/88.

And it probably ended with a lot less cash landing in the pockets of the actual creators.

Fair enough.

I like that you inserted yourself into a conversation about comicsgate and then got assblasted about being labeled as a comicsgator.

lol you hate being proven wrong that much? Take it easy kid! I didn't even use math just common sense.

Attached: Squirrel-Girl-1.jpg (718x354, 137K)

Human or midget?

Razorfist lost me when he was completely fucking wrong about BR2049, then doubled down on everything he was wrong about.

/pol/lacks starting to commission art from Ben Garrison

spbp

Shut the fuck up, comicsgator.

don't quote me on this, but this is how i heard it went
>he makes comics.
>/pol/ does what /pol/ does and makes nazi edits because lulz
>edits get found by people with an agenda or too dumb to realize they're an edit.
>said faggots start attacking Ben for the nazi comics.
>like a lot of attacking. holy shit so many attacks.
>ben finally checks out /pol/ and finds people who love his comics and making edits of them. gets "redpilled" (and they're the only group not treating him like a monster)
>ben turns into a /pol/ack
or so the legend goes.

That hasn't been true for a while. Comics have been stagnant for decades and when they shake it up like they do with x-man they just cause more true fans to leave. Temporary fans can't keep up with the rollarcoaster that goes to new heights only to go back to the status quo.

Actually that wasn't my response.
This was

wasnt vox day the dude who shit on kirby

Imp, although I have no problem with either. I'm in a shortstack mood. Now hurry the fuck up on that source.

Attached: 1552604034297.jpg (381x522, 51K)

Well, did the casualgator have a breakdown of actual costs to print and ship? I thought he had major shipping issues, actually, but I forget if it was this book or his other.

Because no matter how much you spam the thread about ecelebs, "comicsgate" is just a label referring to everyone who hates the SJW push in comics, which is the overwhelming majority of opinion among fans and retailers, as evidenced by the shit sales of SJW books that they keep pushing.

man, i don't care what side of the political spectrum you are, the ADL is fucking trash and needs to fucking burn in a fire and never come back.

And that's a good thing.

At this point I'm unsure how much you can apply the term "professional" to EVS.

Imagine thinking i'm even the faggot you were replying to. Though fair enough, i aught to have quoted the both of you.

Hey fag, see

The clicks

Attached: 1531971555460.jpg (1074x751, 818K)

Can you show me some numbers for this ?

Oh, I'm not the sauceless retard you've been having a dialogue with. I was just curious about your fap material.

Yeah, I think he said he could "take him" because of a height difference or something. But I think Vox looks like some scrawny nu-male, unless I'm mistaken.

His new "Cyberfrog" comic looks beautiful.
I can't speak for the story, because Cyberfrog is just some 90s knockoff of TMNT, but it is impossible to legitimately criticize the art.

>why does there need to be a scandal in XYZGate?
Is this twelve year old serious?

Here, I'm going to start a "start ignoring you"gate.

This might be it. I don't think comicology had a way to just see an entire book's sales for the entire run, at least not when I cared enough to check.

Almost certain I only checked because Meyer was bragging about his "great sales!" and 10K or 11K books didn't seem that amazing to me.

Attached: Sept 17 comics.jpg (745x144, 25K)

I hate sjws, but i'm not into whatevergate. I really hate sjws and consider them a problem

I kind of is, when you consider he's selling them for $10,000,000,000 an issue.
I forget which one Meyer is though. Is that Alt-Hero or Jawbreakers?

breitbart.com/tech/2019/02/27/financial-blacklisting-chase-bank-withdraws-service-from-independent-and-conservative-figures/

It's really what Matt Furie should have done with Pepe. Rather than be a butthurt sperglord and make a comic killing off Pepe as if that'll somehow kill the meme, he should have made a bunch of pro-Trump comics and sold Pepe merch. That would have been the smart thing to do.

Attached: 1491269435243.png (407x415, 361K)

he's too much of a faggot for that. he gave money to mudslimes

checked
trips of truth.

That's less than Jawbreakers per issue though. And I assume you meant per issue since you specifically said issues in the 20s.

For a crowdfunded comic it's extremely well.. And all those comics went to actual customers as opposed to retailers.

But there are indie books that do better every month. When he can put a book on the shelf and it sells well, I'll be impressed. But I don't think he could deliver that, nor would he want to see the numbers if he tried.

>When he can put a book on the shelf and it sells well, I'll be impressed.
You realize selling via crowd funding is more impressive, right? Because those are all absolute sales that result in comics in the hands of customers, not retailers shouldering the burden and rolling the dice.

anyone finds it funny how assblasted people are about comicsgate. the movement is literally nothing, but assholes like rich johnston and mark waid reacted so histerically to them that it became huge

You can look up other issues if you want, that was the lowest one, and it was more than Jawbreaker had sold at the time I capped it. It stayed on sale until printing, I think, so I guess the number climbed up.

He sold more than Moongirl though, if I remember right.

So? If the goal is to oust Marvel, you can't sell one book every year that matches one of their books every month.

Like this guy said, in different words:
It's disingenuous to compare indie creator comics with big two cuckshit.
I forget which comic we're talking about... Jawbreakers? Let's use Jawbreakers as an example. The characters haven't been established over literally a lifetime to various stories. There's no crossover events. There's no movie plug-ins. There's no overshipping shenanigans, advertising in related comics from the publisher, etc.
It's sort of like comparing the readership of the NYT to some guy running a blog out of his mother's basement, but getting comparable numbers to the NYT, even if it's not as much.

honestly in this situation why not just make it a webcomic? those things can make a lot of bank, they're kind of a more viable and read medium than comic books in a few cases.
stabby hand makes more a year than most professional comic book writers and high end artists for QC and that thing is shit.

Basically. Ben hated the jew edits and started making some hilarious anti-/pol/ comics that all just got turned into anti-jew comics anyway. He comes to the board to negotiate or something like a boomer and finds he has legitimate fans.

Attached: 1477704070433.webm (1100x720, 327K)

Attached: comicsgaters.png (933x633, 1.2M)

>You realize selling via crowd funding is more impressive, right?
Not if you care about helping comic shops. Why are people making lame excuses for this, it's not a top seller by any stretch. It did good money, but there were people giving him 50 or 100 bucks. It wouldn't compete at all on a shelf, because it looks rather bland.

There's a difference between sold and shipped. They shipped a ton of them, but comic stores are going out of business in droves because they can't sell the comics. Comics go to libraries and liquidators far more than anywhere else.

Attached: she sees your penis.jpg (354x211, 47K)

Because ComicGate want to be GamerGate 2 very bad

>It's disingenuous to compare indie creator comics with big two cuckshit.
And here you see Rat Queens and Buffy, doing about the same numbers. Wonder why stuff like this triggers the gators so much

A few things I found funny:

>In August, Mastercard and Discover blacklisted conservative and Islam critic Robert Spencer.
That's a very interesting way to introduce the director of Jihad Watch.

>Many of the companies involved in the rise of financial blacklisting have faced a sustained campaign by left-wing agitators including the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) and Color of Change urging them to withdraw service from conservatives and Trump supporters. The former was allegedly responsible for the blacklisting of Robert Spencer, while the latter claims to have removed 158 funding sources from “white supremacist sites” — although as the group didn’t publicly name the allegedly “white supremacist” sites. The far left typically smears regular Trump supporters with the label.
That last sentence made me laugh out loud.

Really appreciate the link. I mean all this did was confirm to me that the people being oppressed are race realist retards who are claiming its because of their conservative values, but thanks for confirming it. Now if you'll excuse me, I have an imp to fap to.

Attached: 1530607031889.jpg (471x900, 107K)

Retard from reddit.

Honestly, I think for Meyer at least, he wanted a physical book. A lot of these guys do not even offer digital versions, but I've never seen a casualgator explain why. It's not like the SJWs invented digital books.

He thought it was an attack on his credibility, then he learned it was actually /pol/ showing their twisted love for him.
No word yet on if he's embraced the name Zyklon Ben.

>So? If the goal is to oust Marvel, you can't sell one book every year that matches one of their books every month

It's not a race to see who and shovel the shit out the fastest. Marvel's current strategy of publishing ~100 titles of unsellable shit + 46 variant covvers made by people making McDonalds money will never be touched. You have to show which is the better business model in the interest of top creators.

enjoy your imp.
but if you're gonna fap to an imp you should fap to incase's imps. they're superior.

Trump's Titans deserves more sales.

eh, i guess?
though a number of webcomics have released physical books like pvp and megatokio, but boomers are gonna boom or something.

>It's ok to oppress someone for being a race realist

Who is Incase? Is he the guy that does halflings? I find his stuff hit or miss sometimes but he's fine by me. I've got nothing against goblins or the like.

Attached: 1555086055040.png (800x900, 455K)

>It wouldn't compete at all on a shelf, because it looks rather bland.
I agree.
But it did help to undeniably hammer home the point that the big two are completely ideologically SJW drive, as opposed to giving a shit about either what fans want, or even making sustainable profits.
The big two turned the SJW pandering up to 11, and even with their complete market domination, couldn't even make their money back on their SJW comics.
Meanwhile, simply going out of your way to NOT pander to SJWs is raking in ludicrous amounts of money.
Calling it an "untapped market" would be the understatement of the century. It's more like striking a vein of gold, but deciding that gold is a white supremacist dog whistle, and therefore off-limits.

Yeah I've got no problem with that, lol

Attached: 1560417263570.png (598x876, 228K)

>race realist
We should make a portmanteau to shorten that, like maybe just combine the first three letters of "race" and the last three of "realist"?

Well, how is making one shitty book going to help? Jawbreaker was a trash book, how does that help.

Shit, here is the BEST LINE in the whole book, but it's on the page with one of the worst layouts and lack of basic storytelling.

Attached: 1000 slaves.jpg (1952x3040, 889K)

Jesus, what a horrible person you actually are, then.

Isn't that the comic where he actually says ITS YA BOY?

The ability to deplatform for ethical disagreements is corporate free speech! Unironically.

yeah, guy who does alfie and the goblins
i like his art, i just wish there were fewer futa. but his goblins are on point for me.

You have to actually be good to succeed as a webcomic artist. Or at least consistent without missing updates. One of the casualgate guys actually had a webcomic about 8 years ago... he ended up trying to scam his readers into buying oxygen water, whatever that fucking means.

Attached: evolv water comic.jpg (550x977, 201K)

he's a nigger, what do you expect?

>Boomers
That honestly is mostly it. Alot of them are in the 'I want to have it in my hands' which I can understand but digital makes shit ten times easier when meeting goals for a crowdfunder.

Gotcha, I'll have to read more of his stuff I guess. I just love me some Midna and crotch-height imps in general.

>wow wtf you dont like racists getting flak for racism?
Somehow I'll go on, user

lmao some master race, getting bullied by minorities and trannies

Attached: 1560417231937.png (550x900, 375K)

>i hate science and i refuse to believe anything scientific that doesn't agree with me and anyone who does believe deserves to be silenced and oppressed
I mean, the very father of DNA has come out and said there are differences between the races on a genetic level after decades of research.

Yes. Fuck off and die. I bet you're unironically believe in "peacefully advocating for genocide"

>Not if you care about helping comic shops.
Who the fuck gives a fuck about comic shops except the people who run them? They're part of the reason why the industry is dying. Everyone is getting used to non-physical media and getting things in the mail. The more specialized a store is the more likely it is to fail if it has more generalized competition. Going to a store just for comics is inconvenient and as comics keep getting shittier, the more comic shops will either die or focus more on selling other merch, like card games and mini-figs.

avatarposting is a bannable offense, just sayin

There really is no such thing as Comicsgate to be quite honest. Some people think it exists, but they're wrong.

>i hate science
But I'm not a conservative

Attached: Screen Shot 2016-11-10 at 11.39.58 AM.png (618x323, 76K)

I wouldn't say it was a 'response' to Gamergate, as it came years after and is unrelated. It was inspired by GG. But GG got it's name from the Watergate scandal and the fact that GG revolved around exposing a secret emailing list amongst journos telling them how to report on certain subjects(until it got co-opted by the whole Zoe Quinn thing)

Comicsgate was always honestly pretty weak, it never had a lot of wind under it's wings and the rational people who were a part of it and actually wanted to get things done understood that it was a losing game and would be eternally misunderstood/was too vague so now it's more or less been abandoned

You're right though, it's just a media circus things more or less.

>facts i don't agree with are evil and should be treated as such no matter how true they are
wew lad.

No point in arguing with a goblin fetish nigger wacko.

Attached: 1517390815804.jpg (1280x720, 86K)

>as opposed to giving a shit about either what fans want,
But Squirrel Girl, I was told, was a SJW book, right? If it kept the numbers that Jawbreaker (casualgate's book that sold the most units), than that actually proves Marvel was RIGHT to pander to SJWs. It's a tremendous fuck up, it proves that casualgate and anti-sjw readers never actually were big enough to pander to. Nevermind "SJW" books that did vastly better than Squirrel Girl every month.

There are differences between you and your grandfather on a genetic level, mutt.

Posting shortstacks is avatarfagging? What? God this thread is gay and offtopic anyways, who gives a shit?

Attached: 1538777935834.png (850x1088, 298K)

Based Trump, telling it like it is.
B t w, it's hard to believe in science, when it's being funded to promote a specific agenda and businesses, instead of science

>was a full on scam
Still is. Only reason why EVS is eight months late to deliver his comic book (with more delays than Doomsday Clock for less pages, if you can believe it), yet he just finished funding another variant cover for it. They just keep giving money and more money to these grifters because they actually think having "successful" projects is a sign that they're doing a good job, except they never deliver and the only guys benefiting from this are the top dogs in the YouTube cabal, not the consumers (despite some of them calling themselves a "consumer movement").

Attached: IMG_20190720_012105.jpg (720x1512, 145K)

see

Just like they say. ((Comicsgate)) is a consumer movement. "Don't spit in my soup and dont call me a Nazi"
Its perfectly reasonable.
I happened because politics has taken preidence over telling fun superhero stories.
YES there have been political things in comics before, but those still served as competent stories. The current batch of purple-haired trannies, who have never written anything of vslue, cant sell books and cant maintain a readership have made comics their platform and they just flat out suck.
But if you say that, or vote the wrong way, or think differently from them, you get blacklisted.
So the Comicsgaters chose a way around it and they are rolling in dough.

>You have to actually be good to succeed as a webcomic artist.
QC is a blatant proof you're wrong user.
but honestly you're not that wrong.

>Meanwhile, simply going out of your way to NOT pander to SJWs is raking in ludicrous amounts of money.
That is insignificant to the amount that those "sjw pandering" make. Immortal Hulk, which gets called out for pandering on Yea Forums all the time, makes more than his crowd funded book by multiples of tens.

>Only reason why EVS is eight months late to deliver his comic book
Last I heard, it's because he expanded it by a lot of pages, and every single page looks like cover art, because he's a cover artist.

And where his stand in cries on the last page because he finally has money to pay his child support.

>Who the fuck gives a fuck about comic shops except the people who run them?
It's a common talking point by casualgators.

>I say someone it bad for being pro-oppression
>Even if it's against someone else that's being pro-oppression
>Immediately i'm being called some kind of genocidal faggot and i should be dead because of that
Wow, amazing. Fuck me for being against oppression against human beings in general i guess.

you are not wrong, user.

This image is genuinely funny.

>I wouldn't say it was a 'response' to Gamergate, as it came years after and is unrelated.
Even in the early days of GG people were trying to make a CG happen, there just was no scandal to rally around. So so much about CG mooched off GG imagery and memes.

Wow. I get a feel from this comic.
Everyone I know gets off on making me feel like dirt but if I stand up for myself too strongly it hurts their feelings and then makes me feel worse...

The journalists who cover comics are at least as shitty, though.

>(with more delays than Doomsday Clock for less pages, if you can believe it)
No fucking way. Big if real, but you gotta prove it.

>Sorry state of cape comics was only apparent when there were less straight white male characters
Comics wasn't in this bad a state until, like, every character, like, talked like a tumblr post and acted like a self-congratulating sociopath. Which, oh waddyuh know, is the SJWs doing. They killed the direct market because mean ol white males liked sexy chicks and fantasy violence

Thats not what you said

the very next line. or at least consistent without missing updates. which qc is

Only the first person you quoted is me, user.

And its really fucking funny that when I say I dont care about racists facing criticism or fallout for their actions, you view me as a bad person.If you were actually against the oppression of human beings in general you would probably be more critical of people like Richard Spencer.

Attached: 1549822205579.jpg (660x700, 62K)

Now imagine how much more it would make if the author didn't feel the need to randomly insert his Twitter-tier SJW politics into the story every few issues.

The man wants to keep children from being raped by muslim immigrants, and you want to jail him for that.

Then change out Squirrel Girl for Rat Queens, keep up!

>because he's a cover artist.
I guess that's why the layouts are such a mess.

>If you were actually against the oppression of human beings in general you would probably be more critical of people like Richard Spencer.
literally who

It's eight months for what, 80 pages?
says he expanded on the amount of pages, for how much, 20? So that's 100 total, as an estimate. Doomsday Clock is on its 9th issue, correct? Do the math, even if it takes 2 years to fully come out, we've seen more of it than a single page of EVS' book beyond the samples.

>it's important to respect people's rights and not oppress them
>well, except those people, i fully support those people being oppressed
>why you ripping on me, i'm against oppression!
i could understand the fapping to goblins, but the hypocrisy is just sad.

>Well, how is making one shitty book going to h
help?

Because it was a demonstration of a superior business model, from the perspective of a creator. Meyer gets to write whatever he wants, say whatever he wants, and keeps all the profit. And if Meyer can do it, why can't anyone in Marvel also do it?

Or they could stick with the big 2 and be this guy coloring Avengers comics on your death bed to try and pay medical bills.

In short, the "quantity" argument that Comicsgate has failed isn't necessarily a good one.

Attached: ic17344qwkz21[1].jpg (960x720, 134K)

I didn't say that. You're putting words in my mouth.

I'm not going to shed any tears for Richard Spencer being called a racist, user.

Attached: 1549822154289.jpg (1253x776, 202K)

>now imagine how much more money it would make if it employed a strategy that made someone else less money

Attached: images.jpg (245x206, 6K)

some guy who commentates on CNN

It's already a top ten seller and has been for at least 3 or 4 months so far, so I'm not are what the point is you're trying to make here.

>wow wtf you dont view these racists as worthy of support
no lol, the unite the right rally was cringe incarnate.

Attached: 1532333472095.jpg (750x741, 104K)

>O-our board isn't tumblr.
Threads like these are why Yea Forums is Yea Forums's shitting ground, you know that right? Mods move shit here because they respect you that little, and threads like this are the reason why.
There are literally people defending America in here because MUH YOUTUBERS MUH POL RENT FREE IN MY HEAD. Being contrarian against a stupid person as your default stance, still makes you a stupid fucking person. No matter if the issue at stake is right or wrong.

How many people are working on Doomsday Clock, compared to Cyberfrog?

He went to /pol/ here and got banned.
Then he went somewhere else and was well received.

Yeah, it's a real emotional comic.

Attached: electric tigers yugioh.jpg (550x977, 204K)

Was it cripplechan?

Attached: 1552623032261.jpg (1080x1246, 281K)

Honestly the comic industry as a whole is in a pretty good state, maybe you should actually go into a comic shop and look at what's on the shelves instead of staying forever mad about America Chavez and Wildcat or whatever the fuck it was.

I can literally scroll up and see that it was, why on earth would you lie about something like that?
>If you were actually against the oppression of human beings in general you would probably be more critical of people like Richard Spencer.
Here we go, another classic one. Because i'm critical of you that means that i must never, ever be critical of anyone else. You're both bad, user, oppression is a bad thing that no human being deserves. And you're as bad as anyone else that says oppression is a good thing.

Maybe stop making assumptions about people like you just did about me.

Sounds like excuses. EVS did hire a staff, so the slowest part is going to be drawing the book.

Yes it was.

>/leftypol/ tranny trying to insult normal human beings for not looking like disgusting abominations
Yeah... cringe...

Attached: leftypol.jpg (1164x1200, 670K)

sooo your two options are "oppress" and "support"
there is a third option of just ignore it and treat them the same as everyone else. unless you're a retard.
i mean, blacks are responsible for the majority of crime in the usa, yet we seek to treat them the same as everyone else and not deny them services. are you suggesting that means we as a nation support such violence and would be better off oppressing them?

Point taken. And yet, it's an absurd amount of time compared to other indie projects that have been funded and delivered already during the same period of time. Truth is, he's taking his time and making variant covers after the other because he already found a steady source of income.

>Because i'm critical of you that means that i must never, ever be critical of anyone else.
I mean, because I'm critical of racists that apparently means I have zero empathy. You can see we're now at an impasse based on assumptions here, user!

Attached: 1536746359979.png (700x909, 493K)

Typical capefag wanting these people working like slaves like in Japan. You're never going to stop in till they all die in a fire like with Kyoto Animation.

BACK TO FORMULA?!

You say you're fine with oppressing him for having a problem with the actions of a certain ethnic group.

>lol just ignore racists
That's very brave of you user

Since oppressing means broad stuff like deleting his youtube channel, yup

Attached: 1519438571493.png (1600x1574, 589K)

that is kinda funny though

I never said that you have zero empathy, but you obviously don't have empathy towards some people because they themselves don't have empathy towards some other people. I never made an assumption, i just saw your hypocrisy.

Does he have someone to do inks, colors, lettering, etc?
Legitimately asking here, because it's really just sounding like people who didn't even fund the comic are upset that some random local mechanic doesn't perform as quickly as an entire Indie 500 pit crew.

>deleting his youtube channel
For reporting verifiable and demonstrable facts?

Pleas tell me the author doesn't want people to agree with the fag with the cards.

Crowdfunding comics has pros and cons versus traditional publishing. It's really only outright superior to publishing if you're a grifter with a base dumb enough to constantly dump money on you. I've been following a comic series that only self funds through crowd funding, but their goals are realistic and they always deliver quickly and with high quality work. I don't think any crowdfunded CG comic does either.

It's more like EVS is supposed to be this pro who went rogue and is now more savvy for that, so there's no reason why he should take this long to deliver in a project he already promised more than a year ago. He set himself a deadline, not the readers nor a publisher, then took 8 months after that. By all means take your time, but don't offer people variant covers off a comic you haven't delivered yet, it's scummy as hell.

black crime is a far more relevant danger to people and their lives than white supremacists at this point. So by your logic we should oppress black people?

But it isn't. He's the TOP of the casualgate food chain, if you don't count EVS's 4 or 5 kickstarters for the same book. Besides those two, no one else in casualgate is even worth talking about in sales numbers. It's a business model where two guys can do okay, and it's not even proven they could sell that a month if they could produce that fast.

If you care about artists getting taken care of better, none of this helps. Meyer could be wiped out by medical bills in an instant, at most he'd get to use his youtube fame for more Gofundme or patreon bucks. I agree creators should get insurance and such as well, but that's not being solved at all here.

Not him, but do you really think "fighting racists" is going to make them stop? Or is it just going to make more people who think you're fucking obnoxious for choosing their hobby/imageboard as your battleground in your autistic war against human nature?

>not having empathy for people based on their chosen ideologies
>not having empathy for people based on their unchosen genetics
Clearly the same thing. Such hypocrisy.

> but you obviously don't have empathy towards some people
Nobody has empathy towards every fucking person on the planet you dummy. Are you kidding me? Why dont you go read about the Hi-Fi murders and talk to me about feeling empathetic for the killers.

Dumb tactic to assume the worst because I had the AUDACITY to say that racists weren't worthy of support, my man. Very dumb.

Attached: 1540433483162.jpg (1203x2000, 303K)

>And yet, it's an absurd amount of time compared to other indie projects that have been funded and delivered already during the same period of time.
It is.
But I think the artwork speaks for itself in why it takes so much time.
Really, it kind of seems like a bit of a waste, since he doesn't actually seem like a good writer, despite being a top-tier artist. He should have gotten someone else to do the script, and he just illustrates it.
>Truth is, he's taking his time and making variant covers after the other because he already found a steady source of income.
Sure. And it is a bit shitty to already to try and start funding "variant covers", as a cover artist, when every page in your comic is essentially cover art to begin with, just for more money. But I guess people can blow their money on whatever they want.

Crowdfunded comics are better for the creators. If brick and mortar stores have to go for the sake of the people actually making shit so be it.
All the 'comicsgate' and anti-social justice shit is completely incidental. Soon enough everyone will be switching to this model, even comic creators with very left views.

>Not him, but do you really think "fighting racists" is going to make them stop?
Nope lol, racism and tribalism will always exist. Its just important to call out injustices and correct misinformation
Or is it just going to make more people who think you're fucking obnoxious for choosing their hobby/imageboard as your battleground in your autistic war against human nature?
Yeah /pol/ has been claiming that about legbutts for decades. Day of the rope any day now am I right?

Attached: 1528788365687.png (309x454, 19K)

You're just a hater who wants people to work to death with no concern for their safety. Exact same situation with Kyoto Animation. All those animators were too concerned with delivering content they didn't even care about some dude pouring gasoline all around them. You're the reason those people died. I hope you are proud of yourself.

Being intolerant of intolerance isn't being hypocritical, and banning people from private platforms for saying racist shit isn't oppression. The dude spamming pedobait shit is dumb as a brick for even engaging this argument (but so am I) because you aren't arguing in good faith and everyone involved knows it.

The fag with the cards was his self-insert in the comics. He also had a comic that I think was called Left-Right-Center for his views.

Though I'm more surprised to see Electric Tigers again after all of these years.

what was it, eight months for eighty pages?
that's roughly three days per page, and if it's a one or two man crew who have to do the script, edit, draw, ink, color, correct, put in the dialogue, proofread, and edit, in full color, three days a page isn't the worst out put i've heard of especially if you factor in the fact that at least two days a week probably have to be spent doing other things in life.
profesional comics come out fast, but they've also got crews of five to seven guys each working on different stages of the comic and even then they've probably got three months of work put in and constantly working on the next issues before the first even comes out.

>oh user, you refuse to show mercy to the merciless so clearly you are a double Hitler
You real dumb.

>goblins are pedobait
Yeah nothing says pedobait like big fucking tits you retard. Dumbest post in the whole thread, congrats Jason Schreier.

Attached: 1538351915881.png (1150x1000, 838K)

He has a colorist, don't know about the other two. Find an actual backer to ask.

The lettering looks like shit though, so he's either doing it or he should fire the guy. No editor I assume, and he admitted he didn't actually finish writing a script at least 6 months after it was already late. I've seen better books complete before they ask for a single penny.

Sucks your fav series can't build a base and has poor business sense, I guess. Numerous CG titles have shipped ahead of schedule, including in all probability the next release of Jawbreakers.

You are delusional. The whole thing is on life support. The industry, as a whole, is falling apart. Stores are closing, sales are laughably low. Numbers that would get a book cancel;ed a few years ago are being touted as a huge success now, in an age when comic book characters are the most popular characters on Earth.

Nah

>Numerous CG titles have shipped ahead of schedule
Ha

>including in all probability the next release of Jawbreakers.
I didn't know there was another one coming out.
I know Alt-Hero is on issue #5 or something, but I only catch it when someone posts them on one of the other chans, since it's banned on cuck/co/.

>Besides those two, no one else in casualgate is even worth talking about in sales numbers
This. It doesn't even properly trickle down, they're all chasing that dollar but only the top dogs dominate the landscape while only supporting themselves.
Man are you seriously using the Kyoto incident against me? Is this the new "Smollett" strawman, used to shut people up even though it's unrelated to the discussion? They were killed by a psychopath who was obsessed with trains. Get the fuck outta with this shit.

Attached: comicsgate_pyramid_scheme.jpg (1130x507, 87K)

Why do you people still come here if its so cucked compared to 8ch? Is it because that place is a dead circlejerk?

>Its just important to call out injustices and correct misinformation
except most of those people who have been silenced weren't spreading misinformation, they were spreading factual information.
Hell, the UK has thrown people in prison for talking about the COMPLETELY FACTUAL fact that muslim men are raping hundreds of thousands of girls. Youtube and Twitter have kicked people off their platform for talking about completely factual things too.
Hell, i think people have been banned for posting 13 52 because "racism" despite the fact that is a factual population percentage and crime percentage of the african american community.

>It's really only outright superior to publishing if you're a grifter with a base dumb enough to constantly dump money on you.
It's superior at a small scale too. There's no risk of unsold copies or having to worry about maintaining publicity with retailers. And you're still probably going to get more profit than you would if you had a poorly performing comic with a major publisher.

>Being intolerant of intolerance isn't being hypocritical
it literally is, though. hypocrisy is saying/believing one thing and then doing the opposite. it doesn't matter how you justify it, its still hypocrisy.

>except most of those people who have been silenced weren't spreading misinformation, they were spreading factual information.
"Sandy Hooks was a falseflag" isn't factual information. That's what got Alex Jones deplatformed.

Attached: 1537364652604.png (675x1220, 279K)

The building that was attacked was the old first building used mainly for business. Please show some respect and get your facts straight before making BS theories.

>I know Alt-Hero is on issue #5 or something,
Is it banned or did the only people storytiming it die of boredom? Except for "Londanistan" there was very little to even make fun of in those books. Nothing is worse than a 4 or 5 out of 10.

Ditto, but let's keep this Yea Forums. Here are the facts, most Marvel writers ate conservatives and probably disapprove of all this comics gate nonsense.
Yea Forums is an American echo chamber consumed by pol/ and can't fathom being a real conservative, not a spineless American Republican but a real principled internationally recognised conservative, and not voting for Drumpf.
There is no Marxist conspiracy to capture the Comics industry. It's just hot air on social media that gets the suffix gate.

See, this shit right here is why Comicsgate happened. You're too stupid to understand the blatant and obvious contradiction at play: You create your own enemies.

No one cared about political slant in comics up until a few years ago specifically because obnoxious fuckwits like yourself started injecting themselves into it in an attempt to "Fight" racism.
-And you just did it with your stupid uneducated post. No one mentioned /pol/. No one even brought up /pol/ behavior, but apparently because you've chosen Yea Forums as your autistic little battleground, everyone who doesn't immediately conform to your retarded worldview must be /pol/.

Pancakes, Pancakes, Pancakes, Pancakes, shut the fuck up already. You literally created this problem for yourself when you decided that the imageboard/comic books/video games/movies were the ideal medium to fight what was probably originally a very small group of people. You've become so obnoxious about it that you've caused all of the backlash and your only answer is to tilt at windmills. Want to know why Comicsgate, and dozens of other autistic little internet movements started? Find a mirror, look in it. Then lose weight and have sex instead of fighting an imaginary crusade on Yea Forums.

Attached: Pancakes.jpg (816x1356, 222K)

Crowdfunded comics is a meme. It has momentum at the moment, but it's only a matter of time until CG has its Mighty No 9 and the endeavor largely collapses.

>Cyberfrog
>2 campaigns
Oh, that seems forever ago.

>Sucks your fav series can't build a base and has poor business sense, I guess
?
They always meet their goals ahead of time and always ship in like 2 months. It's not even my favorite series running but it's pretty high quality. It gives me hope that for crowdfunding in comics as an okay alternative.

There are other chans besides 8ch, and not too long ago a tranny jannie took control of 8/co/.
Imagine the tranny jannies here, but with administrative authority over the entire board.
I haven't checked in months, but the board was completely dead because the tranny janny banned literally everyone for literally anything.

I wish they came up with a better name for it besides comicsgate.

It was just the one strip that moved me.

>most Marvel writers ate conservatives
And then they're gonna eat me!
OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!

Look at this fucking triggered retard, my fucking god.

Attached: 1543482785819.png (983x1000, 609K)

Why entire contention what how happy you were with oppressing people. There's a big difference between not having complete and total empathy towards a stranger and actively wanting to make their lives harder because of something about them.

I never said that they were and that isn't what the discussion is about.

But intolerance isn't the answer for intolerance, tolerance is. I never wanted to start some stupid argument, i was just greentexting someone seemingly happy about a group of people they don't like being oppressed.

>Mercy is good
>But i'm not going to show mercy to the guys that say mercy is bad

Mighty No 9 was a case of people not getting what they asked for/bought into. I don't think that's happening with even the shittiest Crowdfunded comics because the creators have to be pretty upfront to promote it in the first place.

>"Sandy Hooks was a falseflag" isn't factual information. That's what got Alex Jones deplatformed.
if you honestly think that's why he was de-platformed you're an idiot.
but regardless of alex jones, that doesn't invalidate what has happened to multiple other people for FACTUAL information.

>Why entire contention what how happy you were with oppressing people.
>>Why entire contention
I'm not carrying on a conversation with a fucking phoneposter who can't type worth a shit.

Why was he deplatformed then?

Attached: 1556076419719.png (750x1066, 544K)

We had storytimes here and I did Iron Sights a third time after it was posted her for the first time. That guy has no idea what he's talking about, none of that is banned.
Though in all fairness, CG threads often get nuked when they devolve in outright shitposting, so that's probably what happened.
Yeah, the graph is old already, it's done more than that so far.

No, because no one preaches tolerance for tolerance sake. It's about treating everyone equally in terms of things they can't change, like, you know, skin color and ethnicity. Only a retard or someone intentionally arguing in bad faith would put tolerating black people and tolerating people that write about the merits of a """peaceful""" ethnic cleansing on the same level.

Kek. I miss that kinda eccentricity in comics and cartoons

You guys are reporting the avatarfag, right?

>Look at this fucking triggered retard, my fucking god.
Look at this retard trying to 'fight' racism on Yea Forums of all fucking places. My fucking god.

Announcing reports is a bannable offense, newfag-kun

Attached: 1551493640750.jpg (736x710, 73K)

But an ethnic cleansing would unironically make America better.
Tolerating black people has had the opposite effect.
The numbers don't lie.

Nowhere did I claim to be fighting racism on Yea Forums. I just said I wont lose sleep over Richard Spencer and other racists facing fallout for their actions and it triggered retards like yourself.

Attached: 1543487363395.jpg (1012x1075, 153K)

user, CasualGate exists to "fight" inclusion. There are dozens of mainstream titles without politics, without gays, without minorities, but you don't actually read comics, so how could you know? You're just REEEing into the void.

I didn't announce, avatarfag :^)

>It's about treating everyone equally in terms of things they can't change
But can the guy you're arguing with change being a retard?

The South would be even more pathetic without blacks to do all the work.

fuck if i know, but the man has been shitposting for years about a fuck ton of stuff that has turned out true or close enough to the truth you have to fucking wonder about literally anything he says actually being correct.
so for all i know he may have started talking about something that they really, really didn't like him talking about and jumped on any excuse they could to kick him off. the fact that they also went after any "conspiracy" channel no matter how rediculous makes me suspect that there was a "conspiracy" that was about to hit the net that would prove true and devistating and they wanted it shut down.
hell, google has flatly stated internally that "we cannot allow another Trump to happen, we must control the people and the elections or else." as was shown by those veritas folks.
diversity is strength, heresy is truth, peace is war, man.

I meant "are conservative". I hate phone posting.

>you think holding people against their will is wrong yet you locked this baby-killing puppy-rapist in a prison? Pretty hypocritical of you

/pol/ was actually mentioned over a dozen times in the thread, starting here:

Why is everyone engaging the dude who's talking about ethnic cleansing in a good light and claiming he's oppressed for his opinion? Are you guys retards or what?

Attached: 1548918350225.jpg (800x1337, 739K)

>blacks
>working
Last time that was a thing was when slavery still existed.

>fuck if i know
Sounds like I'm just better informed than you, then.

Attached: 1525451090470.png (735x969, 195K)

he inks, there is a colourist and a letterer, plus an editor/print preparation person

>You made a spelling mistake that means i won
Imegine beimg thls gey.

Anyway, I guess we can all agree casualgate was a scam, and move on.

Sorry for anyone who wasted money on kickstarter trash. Especially when there are better books that made less money right on there.

Attached: jawbreakers sad monkey.png (382x566, 539K)

Making fun of retards is its own reward. This whole thread is shit and I'm enjoying myself.

I don't even know whats happening in this thread anymore. 50 posts to bump limit though.

Thats not a spelling mistake, that's autocorrect on your phone kicking in because your thumbs are too fat. Its nature and technology combining to say "you shouldn't be posting you dumb fat fuck".

Attached: 1553666686476.png (1925x1487, 839K)

But that's not what they want. They want white men "canceled"
If you are a CIS White Male, they think your opinion on anything evil, and if you stand up for yourself you are a racist transphobic nazi alt right Orange-Man-loving idiot and they want you silenced. banned, deplatformed and erased.
Its not about equality. its about usurpation

Jawbreakers book 2 pencils are completed, apparently the 3rd book's script is done. "Ya boi" had to learn the hard way, but I think he's got the skills now. That new artist is awesome btw, way better than Jon Malin

Everyone pretty much can agree on at least that. I hope the next gate involves phone apps or something.

Are you a oneangrygamer reader?

Attached: upload_2019-1-8_9-50-50.png (724x862, 578K)

>Every user is the same person

>better books that made less money right on there.
such as?

But the only people calling anything a scam are butthurt SJWs who didn't even fund it in the first place.
Everyone who funded them already saw the preview pages before hand, and have all been satisfied with the product they received.
I'm not saying that I would spend my own money on "Iron Sights" or the like, but everyone who did knew what they were paying for, and are happy.

lol
did you know that if you got rid of the blacks and hispanics in new york city, the crime rate there would drop by something like 90%?
if we got rid of every black person in the country, all violent crimes (rape, murder, theft, home invasion, etc) would go down by 52+%, and if we got rid of hispanics we could probably take it down another 30% easy?
So, nationwide if we removed blacks and hispanics the entire crimerate of the nation would probably drop by 80-90%.
If we got rid of blacks we would get rid of over half of all crime. maybe more depending on how much crime is in response to that fifty percent.
So, for 13% of the population we could save countless lives, reduce massive amounts of crime, and make even our most dangerous cities safe to walk in at night.

and you want to say that we should discriminate against the people who want to solve this blight of crime because they are worse than the people arguing that we should tolerate all that crime for the sake of a few people based on the color of their skin.
you're basically saying "we shouldn't tolerate racists, we should tolerate rapists, murderers, thieves, etc instead, because wanting a safe society is worse than wanting a crime filled society."

I guess everyone who funded them is retarded, then. Probably just drunk on the idpol kool-aid.

Who is "they"

Probably this. I'm still clueless on the whole controversy but that's probably for the best.
These gates sound juvenile.

>That new artist is awesome btw, way better than Jon Malin
He's got a serious case of loooong face, but yeah, worlds better than Malin. The idea t hat people paid 50 bucks for a book drawn by Malin makes me long for humanity's extinction.

>The South would be even more pathetic without blacks to do all the work.
clearly you know nothing of the south or blacks.

So we've hit the point in the thread where we're talking about black crime statistics. I'm surprised this didn't happen 100 posts ago.

Comicsgate is about ethics in smoothies.

Someone keep posting shortstacks.

>the top selling comics are all about heterosexual white dudes, or a green monster who used to be one
So in your alternate reality these were cancelled? Please, tell me more of your fantasy world.

who said anything about locking him up and not hanging him?
also, i'm not the hypocrite demanding tolerance while insisting he's not a hypocrite for being intolerant.

You got it champ

Attached: 1530607731698.jpg (1400x3296, 1.39M)

> guess everyone who funded them is retarded, then.
Maybe.
But spamming "IT'S A SCAM" doesn't make it a scam.

>why are people shitposting with a shitposter
i see you are new here, lurk more fren, you will figure it out.

Claiming that people deserve tolerance while being intolerant of intolerant racists doesn't make you a hypocrite, user.

Attached: 1530628529913.png (1108x970, 247K)

Other then printing of hugely popular webcomics (another way of building a customer base) and a handful of exceptions, CG overall (and not just the top two guys) is very successful compared to other crowdfunded books.

By contrast, yesterday Ron Marz tried to get into crowdfunding but was $8k short of a 15k goal until 8 "donations" cleared him past. Meanwhile, brainlet animegate pundit "TheUmbrellaGuy" made 86k for some gayass comic about how much he loves his family.

It didn't happen. Some fag on youtube pretended it was a thing to get subs and viewers.

>So we've hit the point in the thread where we're talking about black crime statistics.

Attached: I understood that reference.jpg (1024x683, 138K)

The cover sold me, it's pretty awesome especially with Kritter's digi colouring, and besides Malin only drew half of it. Xaxi a cute

>Sounds like I'm just better informed than you, then.
you're a goblin fetishist who didn't know about incase, i highly doubt that.

Man remember when every Yea Forums meme didn't revolve around LOL NIGGERS?

Got any preview art for the rest of us incel racist sexist nazi goobergators?

Honestly, I haven't looked in a while. Some good anthology books show up on kickstarter, a guy actually came here to talk about his indiegogo once, but it failed. Was a fully drawn and inked book, he only needed money for coloring and printing. But the real lesson from any of this casualgate stuff is:

Youtube views can be turned into comic sales, regardless of talent. That's why a guy like Meyer could sell on even footing with industry veteran EVS. Because their youtube fame equals out to money directly. Get used to talking while you draw!

Not knowing you got grifted doesn't mean you didn't get grifted.

If you read my posts you would have seen I immediately knew who was being referred to and wanted clarification. Also you just acted like goblin porn knowledge and Alex Jones knowledge were 1:1, are you quite okay?

Attached: 1552602636712.jpg (1024x1024, 239K)

You know damn well. Dont do that shit

this is Yea Forums. it's a slower board than others, but it can get there eventually.

Literally everyone is happy, and you're just impotently screaming on the sidelines screaming "AHHHHH YOU GOT SCAMMMMMMEDD!!!!"
And no, I didn't fund it either.

Who is they?

Attached: 1552611756087.jpg (725x1024, 101K)

>But the only people calling anything a scam are butthurt SJWs who didn't even fund it in the first place.
Who else is going to call it for what it is? Clearly not those who are super invested in it, because they keep funneling money into these projects.
It's stands to reason that if you knew it was a scam, you wouldn't fund it, but all you're getting is the satisfaction that you're giving money to a dude who claims to be on your side, and is using his project to send a sign to the industry, or something. Kind of murky, given that EVS for example is making a shitton of variant covers, some of them foil, which is exactly the sort of nonsense that heralded the 90's crash.

Attached: Gib_more_money_2.png (586x262, 50K)

>holding people to their own standards is hypocritical
wew lad. i think those goblins have rotted your brain. you should have fapped to gnomes.

You want to see resurrected Xaxi or something else?

Attached: xaxi-borg.jpg (695x1074, 167K)

>Because SJWs are creatively bankrupt
Marvel and DC were going down the shitter in terms of writing long before any SJW craze.

when the fuck was that user?

Feel free to post some gnomes then, you dumb shitposting mooch.

Attached: 1552620557466.jpg (1024x1024, 174K)

>triggered incel tries to be smug
Don't cry bruh, you'll be fine so long as you don't have a milkshake allergy.

This magical time that existed before 2011.

Attached: 1551844208521.jpg (540x751, 119K)

i'm pretty sure the case could be made that humanity as a whole is creatively bankrupt.
i'm not sharing my gnomes with you, filthy goblin

You're on the internet right now.

Why didn't he just leave his one campaign open instead of several? Is it just a marketing tactic?

>did you know that if you got rid of the blacks and hispanics in new york city, the crime rate there would drop by something like 90%?
Did you know the crime per capita by white people by far outpaces other ethnicities, and that you're basing your entire rant on a /pol/ meme that outright misreads the data in favor of an ideological slant?
Not gonna reply to you further than this, by the way. I was just baffled at this amount of falsehood.

>currently at the printers
>project was regularly uipdated and had dozens of preview pages posted as proof of work
>"scam"

uh huh

>Who else is going to call it for what it is?
The people who actually spent money on it, and would have been dissatisfied with the product they received?
Yet that never happened.

Typical greedy gnomefucker, hoarding his shit like a common dwarf.

Attached: 1552602340020.jpg (2048x1536, 401K)

You're confused. I'm not talking about cancelling books. They want actual cis white men "canceled". It's their super cute twitter word for being a psychotic fascist against normal people

>'facts'

Attached: gaha.jpg (413x395, 115K)

The second one is because he closed the first strictly after the time ended, the third is because he's a boomer and didn't know he could add and remove tiers

Gnomes, goblins, dwarves, I don't care, just keep posting shortstacks you fags.

Awww, another casualgate thread hitting bump limit...

>Estimated Shipping
>November 2018

Attached: das it mane.jpg (682x1024, 96K)

>They want actual cis white men "canceled"
lmao well you're the master race, I'm sure you can deal with it.

Attached: 1549973306149.jpg (1964x1440, 622K)

>Marvel and DC were going down the shitter in terms of writing long before any SJW craze.
Sure.
But before the early 2010s, they were at least shitty for a plethora of different reasons.
Now if someone is shit, it's pretty much exclusively because of SJWs pushing SJW politics.

>bump limit reached
Here you go user, we did it

Attached: 1537419095486.png (3000x3000, 1.1M)

"crime" like mail fraud and tax evasion maybe.
Not actual make-the-neighborhood-scary crime.

Someone make a new thread.
Tranny jannies are asleep, so at least we can talk about it at the moment.

Wait so where's the comic then? That screenshot is from August last year if you didn't notice. What exactly makes you so "happy" if there's no product?

>okay it wasn't a scam, but it was late

Is this really all you have?

Attached: larsen.png (599x815, 168K)

I'm not making jack shit. The only reason we hit bump limit so quickly was due to me and I've been edging for 30 minutes now. If you want a shortstack dump do it yourself.

Attached: 1537870032786.jpg (1280x1829, 336K)

By the modern definition of SJW as "anyone left of center", most classic comic creators were SJWs. And I'm not just talking about relaticely modern authors like Morrison and Ellis and Moore, but fucking Stan Lee and Will Eisner.

Oh, by all means, don't trip over yourself while you prove my point.

by the way, your roots are showing. time to buy more purple dye

I wouldn't have even heard of it if it wasn't for the nonstop autistic screeching. At least gamergate was fun to follow from randwhale to the dog-fucking pedophile to the bomb threats to the gawker lawsuits to the college campus cryins

Is casualgate supposed to be a derogatory? EVS wanted to make comics great again and managed to convince non-hardcore readers to buy his TPB. Mission accomplished

But I'm a brunette.

Attached: 1547956316507.png (800x1200, 289K)

No I'm pretty damn sure I'm talking about violent crime and robbery. Fuck, I answered you after all.

>Someone make a new thread.
Someone probably really shouldn't.

What am I supposed to get from this image? Larsen has 240+ issues of a book he exclusively wrote and drew out there. Who are the other losers?

Attached: iron sights bitches.jpg (695x1074, 226K)

Christ, you need to get off the internet and just breathe in some real life for a few days.

What is this obsession with green dong

please don't
i've enjoyed shitposting, but we should keep this to like once a week or something.

What do you mean "you"?
I don't pay for comics that aren't out.
But every single time you retarded SJWs claim that literally everything is a scam, and that it will never come out, and if it does, it's still a scam... you've been wrong, and everyone involved is satisfied with the product that came out.
And then try to pull some weird stockholm syndrome shit where despite everyone involved being happy with the transaction, it's "UHHH, THEY JUST CAN'T ADMIT THAT THEY HATE EXACTLY WHAT THEY RECEIVED, EVEN THOUGH THEY KNEW WHAT THEY WERE PAYING FOR FROM THE PREVIEW PAGES".

>Is casualgate supposed to be a derogatory?
No more than any other descriptor of fake fans.

>Someone make a new thread.
I'm pretty sure EVS started this thread to promote one of his videos:

Not really. Bad writing is bad writing. You can have a book that is highly political yet is great. Fuck, you ever read any old Superman?

It's derogatory in the sense that the only people who eat this shit up are people who don't actually read comics. Image and Dark Horse and D&Q and indy publishers put out all kinds of good shit that have nothing to do with politics, but no, whining about the Big Two represents the entire industry.

Does Yea Forums still like Red Son?

Attached: 1562657140575.jpg (1008x1535, 324K)

Savage Dragon has made some creative changes in the modern comics climate.

Attached: savage-dragon-228-pg-8-panel-4[1].jpg (400x409, 125K)

>but we should keep this to like once a week or something.
So... once every new Cyberfrog campaign?

Sure. But these casualgater types don't really acknowledge that or understand that comics have always had a streak of left-leaning rage against the machine running through them. That would mean acknowledging that the problem isn't actually politics, the problem is that no good writers want to be involved at all in cape comics anymore.

Oh this is the one with the spiky lizard girl Yea Forums likes, gotcha.

Attached: 9bfa8c74dc802b2e508d11c741e5f904106f6544.png (985x781, 118K)

>But every single time you retarded SJWs claim that literally everything is a scam, and that it will never come out, and if it does, it's still a scam... you've been wrong, and everyone involved is satisfied with the product that came out.
user, it's been 8 months since the slated release date, and way longer since its official announcement. Let it go, it hasn't come out, it might come out at some point but I doubt it will within the first quarter of 2020. It's a lost cause.
>See, it's not a scam, it took two years to make 100 pages but it's out!! Suck it libtards

too late, someone already made another one

fake fans of what? comics? either people buy comics or they don't. contributions to all the campaigns in this thread have been very real. no need for a purity test

check em

It was fun and Red.

They're fake fans because they're only crowdfunding because they are fans of the personalities, not because they are interested in the medium. Their only context for comics is what they get from watching Meyer's youtube show. They're as much a real comic fan as people that read Marvel trivia on Wikipedia or watch Linkara videos and nothing else.

>the problem is that no good writers want to be involved at all in cape comics anymore

elaborate

>buy
That's part of the problem, you're judging this based on purchases and money spent and not in quality or content. You're basically saying things are shit because they don't make money, as if that's a qualifier of taste.

the pay sucks

Maybe they have, maybe they haven't. I notice you left IDW off that list. Before these crowdfunded campaigns blew up, I hadn't read comics for years. Last ones I bought were dark horse star wars and IDW TF digitally, but when they ended I lost interest in comics altogether. Then D&C and EVS appeared explaining why, so I'm grateful that they exist and have managed to renew my interest in them

It's not paid well, it's no longer attracting enough young people for a few of them to grow up into good writers, and the scene is flooded with fanboy writers who just want to play with the toys from their childhood. Almost everyone with any writing chops whatsoever has moved on from cape stuff and nobody has replaced them.

I wonder how assblasted this guy is right now.

Attached: 1547956939076.png (620x805, 309K)

Nobody gets the contracts or creative control that they did in the 90s/00s. Even critically acclaimed runs can be hamstrung by overbearing editorial. The only people who willingly work in this industry are hacks and deeply devoted fans.

Attached: CvVn64e.jpg (1008x1550, 546K)

Yea Forums was always racist. Nos we are at a point when people are son brainwashed by memes in this shityu place that the neckbeards go outside and commit mass murders

I don't understand you - are you saying sales aren't related to the content of the books? I don't believe that's true. Then it's all what, fixed orders? marketing?

Yeah but stuff like the habbo hotel wasn't motivated by people hating niggers, it was motivated for the lulz. Now it just seems like everything has this undercurrent of BY THE WAY LET ME INFORM YOU ABOUT THESE FBI STATISTICS

if you were selling comic books, would you only want "real" comic fans to buy and read your stuff? Wouldn't you want just the max # of people?

IDW Transformers, which currently has TRANSformers, wouldn't have supported my argument about largely politics-free comics.

Attached: genevacon.jpg (640x811, 108K)

This. Why did this thread need 500+ posts when the first reply succinctly summarised this faux movement?

because it was false

Prior to 2016.

>Then it's all what, fixed orders? marketing?
Actually yes, that's precisely it. Don't you understand how retailer catalogs work? They order shit in advanced based literally on covers and solicit texts. None of them actually get to read the books first to say "wow this is actually very good, let's order 100,000 copies", it's all guesswork for the most part. It's also why #1's get insane amount of copies.
That's how retailing works in this industry and why, without proper marketing, great series can simply fail to capitalize an audience while shittier ones get the focus.

The movement?

I have never heard of D&Q. I've read volumes of spider-man and hulk comics. the big two are kind of all that matter. I wish I knew where the interesting story and cool art was found, but barring going into a comic shop and flipping through floppies, I'm only going to see stuff that's storytimed here, or another site. RCO has been great for discovery as a matter of fact

You have poor reading comprehension. This thread sparked vigorous debate because #Comicsgate was real

>other thread was deleted
>this one still up
Based

It's "real" as much as pizzagate is real, as in, there's people who band around it but it's all flimsy bullshit with some grifters feeding them nonsense to strip them off their money.

A real scam.

Do the leaders even embarrass themselves on twitter anymore, or are they stuck in their youtube safespace?

Drawn and Quarterly, small Canuck publisher. Probably could have mentioned Fantagraphics instead.

Attached: image.jpg (2048x1365, 394K)

>This thread sparked vigorous debate because #Comicsgate was real autistic

Casualgators actually started their own stealth thread since they're pissed off about Moore:
Wait, is that why this thread exists?

Why is the viewcount hidden?

Cringe

Youtube, they can control and delete comments there if needed. But they have enough followers that anyone that disagrees with them gets drowned out.

Firstly, a scandal doesn't have leaders, it has whistleblowers, and of the whistleblowers only D&C quit twitter unfortunately. I wish they all would; Twitter is aids and everyone on it is aids

No idea, but I also have this one. Not the same channel, but alas...

Wait, wrong pic!

Attached: 1552044785913.jpg (1469x2885, 1.57M)

views hidden again. Youtubers are desperate, money hungry creatures by nature, and these two images clearly represent the mining of a YT gold vein

Did they ALL jump on Alita the same day?

Really? I can see the views there.
>110K views
>150K views
Etc etc.
It was a clear conceited effort on all fronts to push for Alita (way past its premiere date) and to try and dig Captain Marvel from the very beginning to way past its cinema run. There's YouTubers still making videos about her, it's unbelievable.

>It was a clear conceited effort on all fronts to push for Alita (way past its premiere date)
Yeah, I forgot Alita came out 3 or 4 weeks before Captain Marvel, and was already doing bad by the time they picked up on it. But it was only because Zack Levi called them out and told them to stop making shit up about Captain Marvel.

Steering the outrage train must be a chore.

The controversies actually prevented me from bothering to catch Captain Marvel in theaters, but when I finally got around to watching it it was clearly overblown. The ending fight scene was drawn out for too long, most musical choices didn't work, and Brie Larson isn't a charismatic actress, but it was still an average MCU film, better than at least a third of them.

Ah you're right, I only saw the bottom row of the G&G image. Btw I think you mean concerted effort, possible but unnecessary on youtube, home of the copycat trend

>The controversies actually prevented me from bothering to catch Captain Marvel in theaters, but when I finally got around to watching it it was clearly overblown.
As long as you know youtubers are begging for your clicks, and will mislead or lie to you to get attention.

Did those videos say anything about it not being an average MCU movie? CAPS didn't even see it, and his videos mostly talked about how he wasn't impressed with the lead actress as a person. Brie Larson is too easy to laugh at in his defence

>CAPS didn't even see it,
Who? I can't keep all these worthless youtubers straight anymore.

>WHITE in bold

Really? Not enough you've got to use a phrase that went out of fashion around 1955 to troll the libs you've got to highlight it for extra attention?