Waid/Wieringo > Hickman > Stan Lee/Kirby > Bryne > Everything else

Waid/Wieringo > Hickman > Stan Lee/Kirby > Bryne > Everything else

Sorry Boomers

Attached: 150528-stern-fantastic-four-tease_fkktmx.jpg (2560x1707, 1.93M)

>Waid/Wieringo > Hickman > Stan Lee/Kirby > Bryne > Everything else>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Shit>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Millar
Fixed

redpill me on Millar's F4 run

- Doom has a master who taught him everything he knows about science-magic
- His master is the villain who was the the reason Old Man Logan's universe happened
- Reed's girlfriend before Sue created a second Earth with a giant Cap Robot that had to be stopped with Reed's shitty Anti-Galactus robot that did nothing.
- Doom died but came back to life millions of years in the past through some kind of weird magic bullshit and defeated his Master.
- Oh and the whole second earth storyline ended with Wolverine fucking and impregnating the goddess Gaia of that Earth

What the literal fuck.

Attached: 1556892642648.png (1000x900, 848K)

The Fantastic 4 are the best and deserve respect and if they don't debut in the MCU PHASE 4 then I'll do nothing because hey fucking have me regardless hook line and sinker.

To quote a reviewer: "This is Mark Millar at his most Michael Bay-iest." This should be a Storytime of Pain and if someone wants to do that here are the issues: Fantastic Four #554-561.

>phase FOUR
>fantastic FOUR

Attached: Thinking+emoji+except+its+in+an+indian+soap+opera_fc241c_6493492.gif (300x300, 827K)

> a rotating team of artists
> none of them worth naming

Yeah Hickman's run really is a good representation of 2000/10's Marvel

Putting anything under Kirby is sheer stupidity. Yeah Stans dialogue and occasional plots brought the book down sometimes but it's still the best

For me, its lee and kirby's run on the fantastic four

>phase 10
>we finally get the X-Men

Attached: 1561774278586.gif (300x300, 891K)

fantastic four will almost certainly never be good again
i'll have to settle for my back issues

>waid

I'm sorry, but I can't handle all the anti-Semitism in his run.

Attached: waid.png (729x470, 592K)

i'm sorry i can't
Stan/Kirby had some great ideas and laid incredible groundwork but they were perfected later on

Waid/Wieringo run perfected the family dynamics and had the most consistently great art
Hickman's run had the best science fiction and brought a shit ton of new ideas

Anybody else read Waid last out of these runs and can’t get through it because it seems childish and unimaginative compared to the others? Or do I just have bad taste.

based

>no mention of Simonson's run
Boo you OP

JMS's run would've been interesting if Civil War didn't happen.

No, you're fine. Waid is a fanboy writer and appeals to other fanboys. Fanboy writers learn to write by exclusively reading capeshit, and have no imagination or thoughts of their own. They just rehash older stories they read as kids. They also don't have any real life experience that they can draw inspiration from, so they exclusively write capeshit or Saturday morning cartoon tier interactions.

hey back off buddy

Waid's run is great

I couldn't get into Hickman at all. Waid is relatively lower stakes and more focused on the characters which was better imo. Hickman veered off too far into high concept shit constantly I just have little interest in

I'm not a FF fanboy by any measure though, and his run was great.

>Stan Lee/Kirby >>>>>>>>>>>> Simonson > Byrne = Waid/Wieringo >>>>> Hickman > Everything else > JMS >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Shit >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Millar

Fixed

>mentioning Waid on a night when casualgators are out in force due to Moore
Sorry, but your thread is fucked, OP.

I will say Wieringo is who I think about when I picture FF art in my mind.

Attached: wieringo tribute 41.jpg (1024x1577, 179K)

Byrne>Hickman>Simonson>McDufffie>Wolfman>Defalco>Robinson>Claremont>JMS>Englehart>Lee/Kirby>Millar>Waid

I really like Kirby, and even if you do get kinda used to the incessant recapping (which was absolutely the right way to go when comics were actually popular) that shit is incredibly grating.

Byrne is THE fanboy writer and I still rate his run pretty high. Sorry but that's not it chief.