Strange Vs. Voldemort

The Sorcerer Supreme vs. He who shall not be named.

Who wins?

Attached: il_794xN.1481112102_krco.jpg (794x1227, 257K)

Other urls found in this thread:

marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Wand_of_Watoomb
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Whoeves isn't part of one of the dullest franchises in the history of movie franchises. Seriously each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody, just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

Attached: ksfnd.jpg (71x128, 5K)

I love you, user. I need you to know that.

Attached: Courtney-Harry-Strange_BW.jpg (1259x931, 307K)

How opposed is Strange to just shooting the motherfucker?

Strange. Almost laughably easily. Seriously. Voldemort is a pussy compared to him

Where is DEH! poster when you need him to complete this

based

I think Strange even being able to cast a spell would send Voldy in an autistic rage. He only wants put blooded wizards using magic, and seeing a muggle smack him around with magic would cause him to just lose it.

It depends kinda, does Strange know about horcruxes?
I don't personally think we ever saw Voldemort at the height of his power. The only reason Harry always beat him was wand shenanigans, and he was never one for flare when he could just avada kadavra a guy. The only time he went all out was against Dumbledore in 5.
But, as OP as strange has been, if he doesn't do anything about the horcruxes Voldemort can't be killed.

The one that matched Adam Warlock with the infinity gauntlet.

I know jack shit about Doctor Strange but how is this even a contest?

How does the horcux thing work? Are they like extra lives or what?

Pieces of his soul split up and placed in objects. iirc his physical body can be destroyed but he can't truly die because his soul remains.

Basically just chunks of his soul floating around in various objects like diaries, lockets, and so forth.

Who would win, a
>Sorcerer who has fought several interdementional demon lords and won
>Can cast magic without a wand only his hands and/or incantations
>Wields THE most powerful magical artifact
>Has contracts with several demons
V.S.
>A psudo-litch that HAS to have a wand to cast
>Incompetent as fuck, only gets as far as he did because the ministry is even more incompetent than him
>Beat by a teenager with less than a quarter of his skill
>Only minion is a snake that used to be a random Korean woman
You tell me, hell that joke necromancer Deadpool hang out with during Poshen and Duggan's run could probably BTFO Voldemort

Harry Potter wizards can't even beat the regular army second the author.

>if he doesn't do anything about the horcruxes Voldemort can't be killed
Strange could always just transport him to another dimension, even Hell directly. Strange is working with magic that nobody in the HP universe could even comprehend

none whatsoever.

the combined HP universe is pussy compared to Strange.

>that joke necromancer Deadpool hang out with during Poshen and Duggan's run
Black Cock?
yeah, no doubt.
Hell, he might well easily take control of Voldemort given he's technically a zombie of sort

Avada Kedavra is a stupidly written spell that is powerful enough that it can’t be blocked by any magical shield, but as long as strange finds a way to deal with that, he wins. Strange has access to shit the likes of which nobody in Harry Potter has seen.

>Wields THE most powerful magical artifact
Which one is it?

The Eye of Aggamoto

And with the right rituals can bring him back from the dead and fully aware of how you tried to kill him.

I guess he's referring to the Amulet of Agamotto
Or the Wand of Watoomb
Or Hitle's Gun
Or one of the many, many overpowered magic items he keeps around

I was expecting something else akin to the Wand of Watoomb since I usually link “powerful” magic to firepower, but I supposed the Eye makes sense.
Yeah, Strange has lots of artifacts so I was curious which one is the most powerful.

Cape magic in general is on a whole different level from HP stuff. This isn't even a question.

I'm genuinely interested in seeing some pro-Voldemort arguments just because this seems so onesided in favor of Strange.

>finite number of horcruxes
>dude, he can never die!
anyone that doesn't immediately say Strange is retarded

I thought that said hitlers gun and I was very confused

Pretty much this. It’s practically unfair considering what we’ve seen with marvel magic compared to HP magic

Attached: AFAA28C2-165B-402B-A1DD-AA55E870FC66.gif (300x168, 285K)

Because the only thing Voldemort has going for him is an instant death spell and a shitton of jobbing Death Eaters, he's pretty much outclassed by just about every other fictional mage out there, hell random RPG/JRPG magic based monsters could probably kill him with ease

but I DID mean Hitler's gun. Just lost the R on the way.
Strange almost got killed by it, too.

Pretty much. I just like seeing the mental gymnastics fanboys put themselves though to justify their side in a hopeless battle.

why is hitlers gun a magic artifact in the marvel universe?

is it red skulls fault?

>Wand of Watoomb
Context please?

IIRC he was such a dick his gun became a Cursed Item(TM) capable to pierce through magic shields

marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Wand_of_Watoomb

he turns into a pathetic spirit once his body dies. Strange would rape the spirit with magic and destroy the other horcruxes easily

every time you pull the trigger on it a shoots out a birds that attacks the most Jewish thing in the room

>destroy the other horcruxes easily
I’d like to see that. Horcruxes can only be destroyed by something that can mortally kill

I doubt that's true, but magic capeshit is insane enoug that I believe it anyways

Attached: DiUT_hPU0AIA1Iw.jpg (1200x900, 139K)

Make way for MAI NIGGA.

Attached: fate_apokolips.jpg (564x855, 152K)

>power level faggotry
>still caring about Harry Potter past the year of 2008
>obviously not knowing shit about Doctor Strange and what hes capable of
Sage this shit thread

I dunno, a no save ranged finger of death spell that relies on DEX, and can only be blocked by physical objects is pretty OP.

That being said, Strange's magic can do far more stuff. He can literally banish him to another dimension.

as if Strange just doesn't have random powerful magical artifacts that can do just that

good image for ants

Jonathan Strange could movie mountains around and resurect the dead for interrogation with little formal training.
The Raven King could simply delete Hogwarts and any knowledge of it from everybody's minds.
The Gentleman with the Thistledown Hair would rape everyone.
>Damn that book was good, too bad the BBC thing was shite

Attached: 220px-Jonathan_strange_and_mr_norrell_cover.jpg (220x330, 13K)

Even within HP the Fiendfyre curse is capable of destroying horcruxes

>I am the Champion of the Castle of the Plucked Eye and Heart

It's supposed to be the gun Hitler used to commit suicide. The act imbued it with a lot of "negative energy" or some such thing.

So would it be strange vs Death eaters and voldemot or just a 1v1

So a knife

I like the miniseries, but the book is so much better.

Hands can mortaly kill

Horcruxes are not even relevant, is not like Voldemort will instantly stand up after being killed, he will need to be revived by his followers in a complicated ass ritual and will show up there.

No, it has to be very powerful too. Like the basilisk venom, which is extremely potent

Duh

Pasta pasta pasta pasta pasta pasta pasta, pasta copy pasta copy pasta pasta pasta pasta pasta pasta pasta. Copy pasta pasta pasta pasta copy pasta pasta pasta Copy Pasta pasta pasta pasta pasta pasta pasta copypasta pasta pasta. Pasta copy pasta, pasta pasta’ copy copypasta pasta pasta pasta pasta pasta copy pasta pasta, pasta pasta pasta, pasta pasta pasta pasta pasta.

Pasta pasta pasta copy Pasta copy pasta pasta copy Pasta pasta pasta; copy pasta pasta pasta pasta copypasta pasta pasta pasta pasta copy pasta, pasta copypasta pasta pasta-pasta copypasta. Pasta Copy Pasta pasta pasta delete-pasta (copy pasta), pasta pasta’s copy delete-Copy Pasta pasta pasta pasta copy pasta, pasta pasta pasta. Copy pasta pasta pasta copypasta. Pasta, copy, pasta pasta pasta.

>c-command c
"Control V!"
Pasta copypasta; copy pasta pasta. Pasta pasta pasta, pasta copy pasta pasta pasta copypasta, pasta pasta pasta copy pasta pasta "save image as."

Copy pasta pasta pasta pasta copypasta pasta pasta pasta copy repasta. Copy pasta pasta pasta copy pasta pasta pasta pasta pasta copypast. Copy copypasta. Pasta copy pasta pasta pasta copypasta pasta pasta pasta pasta copy pasta pasta pasta pasta. Pasta copy pasta pasta, pasta copypasta Copy Pasta pasta pasta Recaptcha. Pasta pasta copy pasta pasta, "Copy pasta pasta pasta Copy Pasta pasta 11 pasta 12, copy pasta pasta pasta pasta pasta pasta copy pasta Recaptcha." Pasta copy pasta. Pasta copy pasta. Pasta copy Copy Pasta pasta, pasta, pasta pasta Recaptcha.

Attached: pastas.jpg (2304x4640, 2.98M)

The answer
Use a Gun

Attached: engi.png (847x581, 600K)

You can add dangerous enchantments, that’s what Voldemort did

Please guys
Strange would just banish him to another dimension, then notice his pieces of soul are still around, go fetch 'em with low effort and extract them and put him in a jar condemning him to a fate worse than death.

Attached: Harry Potter and the Colt 45.jpg (500x817, 91K)

Watching all of Voltron legendary defender?

I know this is copypasta but letting Alfonso Cuaron direct HP3 was the best decision they ever could have done.

Harry Potter and the Slav of Hufflepuff

Not only that, but a person with a horcrux who’s body has been destroyed basically becomes a ghost and doesn’t have the chance to “move on” and that said to be a fate worse than death in the hp universe

Attached: F65C22EE-B202-4BB8-BC11-E29396226D64.jpg (816x476, 70K)

That's the joke, faggot

They never had the same air of wonder after the second movie, and one big reason for me is that they stopped wearing robes after that.

Hufflepuffs are excellent Spotters.

Ikr

Please, it won’t even be strange that gets him, it’ll be mordo once he inevitably backstabs Voldemort after pretending to help him

He usually operates on a “every life is worth saving” mentality so he would probably want to avoid killing voldy unless the latter goes too far and pisses him off badly

>avada kedavra, meet avtomat kalashnikova

Attached: 8314E173-7AD1-486C-8B86-FC95FD8B421E.jpg (499x460, 78K)

Doctor’s Oath and all

Well, Voldy has a few to spare.

The only thing that would change is how long (in seconds) it would take for Voldemort to job

If anything it should be Dumbledore (w/ the elder wand) vs Strange

Are you serious, nigga!? Dr Strange frequently fucks up the closest thing his universe has to the Devil, Tom is just a nigga with a stick.
Bitch doesn't even has a nose!

I would love to see Harry solve most of the series's problems by gatting a nigga down
>Corrupt teacher
>Shoot him
>Basilisk
>Shoot it
>Death Eaters
>Shoot em
>Dementors
>Shoot em with magic

Isn't there some fan fiction that basically involves this? it's like "Harry Potter and the Rational something"

Hell, Ralph Bakshi knew that years ago.

Attached: Wizards Avatar gun.png (300x172, 109K)

you do know they are children's books right?

Attached: 1541090740418.gif (741x674, 118K)