Kills half of all life

>Kills half of all life
>Avengers foil his plans
>Resolves to do it again but bigger this time instead of just creating infinite resources

Attached: D9E56B4B-1CA8-4625-8D6C-652BA1EF0A5E.jpg (1400x700, 63K)

>Have vague ambition to do something that's never been done before
>Realise it's very long term, go back to the manual stuff
>Recieve literal vision proving that not only do you succeed in the next half decade, some meddling assholes make you a martyr
>Also see vision of yourself talking about how it was worth it, without knowing what kind of losses you took
>Get opportunity to do it in about a day if you hurry

In fairness, I feel a lot of people would fall into this trap

>We're going to stop you becoming an MD user
>We've seen it, and we don't like it
>Well fuck you, maybe I'll open up my own hospital, how do you like that?

All he sees are a bunch of ungrateful little shits who clearly survived and are rebuilding after the snap, so he can't see what the problem is.

That's Emotionally Sound, Rational, and Well Reasoned Titan for you

Creating infinite resources is way more complicated than it sounds. For instance, lets take water, the most basic of resources. Because he made infinite resources, that means infinite water. Where do you put infinite water? Do you just fill the universe with water or do you make infinite planets with water on them? Well if it's the former everyone fucking drowns and if it's the latter then it's not truly infinite. And thats ignoring all the other resources people need. How do you make infinite food? Do you pick 1 animal or plant and replicate it, or do you replicate all of them? What about animals/plants that might be poisonous to certain races? If you made those infinite it'd be dangerous. Not all races need the same resources.

Basically, it's far easier to just kill half of all life and everyone saying "muh infinite resources" hasnt actually put any thought into how that might actually work.

I wish they had just put it in the movie.

>Why not just make infinite resources, man?
>Fuck who cares about how many resources there are, it's not about the amount of shit we have to feed people, it's way more complicated economically and politically than that.

And then Thanos can just stare at them for a few seconds and punch them in the fucking face because that's not the fucking point.

>infinite resources
That's extremely vague. What would constitute a resource to the thousands of different aliens? There also is not infinite space for these resources or the insane growth that would result from it.

Not to mention he was obsessed with halfing the population because he believed it would save his home planet. That was his true obsession, getting to do what he believed would save Titan

Based

should have kept him as an angry permavirgin. sure its retarded, but at least we wouldnt have shit threads like this.

And it's not like culling populations isn't a concept that doesn't already exist. American deer hunting serves that purpose, they dont just plant more grass to feed the deer

He just wanted to commit genocide and needed an excuse

he can only solve shit by bringing more and more death, that's why he's the villain and a madman, no matter the amount of bullshit he says to justify himself

This
What people fucking fail to do in movies a lot is read between the lines
It’s clear a big part of his character is his ego, his belief that he alone has the conviction to do the obviously right thing
He’s so sure of himself that he never questions if the path he’s traveling down is the wrong one, he assumes he knows best cause he only remembers his successes and other people’s failures

People complained about him talking about making a new grateful universe in Endgame, talking about how that made him more of a straight forward villain.

Yet in IW, he talked about after he snaps half the universe, he'll wake up to a grateful dawn. It's clear he's egotistical even then. He may not care whether he dies after, but he needs to feed his ego that he's doing the right thing. Being killed after would just make him feel like he's a martyr for his cause.

You literally can't create infinity of something, it's not an actual number. The only feasible way to do this would be to periodically use the Infinity Stones to create more resources, sacrificing the life of the person using the Stones in the process.

>Resolves to do it again but bigger this time instead of just creating infinite resources
but he did want to create a universe with infinite resources, he just wanted to start from scratch so there would be no half dead universe that's wallowing in grief.

This

Why dont people understand that? Thanos is mad.

He was just tired of all their shit

>You literally can't create infinity of something
>Infinity Stones exist
Hmm...

It's a name, there aren't literally infinity of them.

>Infinity Stones exist
>all six of them
BIG THINK

INFINITE TIMELINES
INFINITE STONES

Attached: 9B4C91C0-C3CD-475A-ADE1-A105FC5DAB2F.jpg (243x207, 6K)

pretty correct

2014 thanos simply lacked the 4 years of experience that IW thanos had as well as the sacrifice

but from 2014's POV it made complete sense to strike at the avengers ASAP since they already obtained all 6 stones for him. an overwhelming strike from orbit was the right call. his hubris was his downfall. he assumed his superior tech and overwhelming numbers would be enough, in the 5 years since IW, the avengers underwent their own sacrifices and were ready to do "whatever it takes" just like he was. IW thanos only puts his plan into motion after odin, the ancient one, and ego were dead, beings who would shit on him, 2014 thanos couldn't be patient enough

absolute kino juxtaposition

Once he learned his stupid "kill 50% of everybody" plan couldn't possibly work, the airs of benevolence came off and it became clear that he just wants to fuck shit up. For god's sake.

>Infinity War: "Fun isn't something one considers when balancing the universe. But this does put a smile on my face."
>Endgame: "In all my years of conquest, violence, slaughter, it was never personal. But I'll tell you now, what I'm about to do to your stubborn, annoying little planet...I'm going to enjoy it. Very much."

HE LIKED BEING AN ASSHOLE WHO FUCKED PEOPLE'S SHIT UP.

I don't get why people don't understand he's a serial killer, he's not acting on logic.

He didn't actually say that first line in the movie proper to be fair. Only in the trailer.

He literally spells out his motivation in the movies. He's eternally ass ravaged his people didn't listen to him and died out so now he's going to enact his plan on the universe so he can feel self satisfied

And I'm eternally ass-ravaged that my mom raped me as a kid, which is why I harvest women's uterus' for my temple. Does that mean I'm logical?

Well isn't that the question of the day?

He’s not Thanos the Reasonable Titan, he’s Thanos the Mad Titan.

It's not supposed to be logical, he's a crazy egomaniac villain. The whole for the greater good/balance the universe shit is to feed his own tragic hero complex

Yea he's not Thanos the Idiot Titan

But OP resources aren’t infinite by their very nature as you tend to you more as the population and standard of living goes up. If this were the comics, this is were the Living Tribunal would come in because he would have to set balence to the cosmic order of magic. Infinite resources would not only tip the scale of balance but also if impossible do to forces like entropy and actual entities like Oblivion.

>Living Tribunal
They were actually supposed to get a cameo in endgame but it git cut fir being too obscure and trippy

Instead we only get a staff named after him.

so we know that thanos and his army was wiped from the 2014 timeline. But Thanos reversed engineerd pym particles and the recipe still exists in that timeline

the recipe was probably on his ship, since that is his central command. he and ebony maw had a long time to reverse engineer it and recall all his forces onto his mothership. so it was probably lost when stark dusted everything

He's Thanos, not Providence.
Also the fact that he wiped out 50% of *all life* means he didn't actually increase the resources anyway. He's talks a pretty good game, but he's basically crazy. Also there was that bit where he told Gamorra that her homeworld was a paradise now because of what he did, but when she's being booked by the Nova Corps her bio reads that she's the only survivor of her planet.

Attached: HsZ65.jpg (1920x800, 346K)

That's probably more of a retcon than anything.

I think Thanos' idea of a paradise is very different from other people.

His ideal retirement plan is literally him on an alien planet living like the guy from Primitive Technology and is perfectly fine with never seeing a single soul ever again.

Why did the Avengers rush the whole time travel plan? The whole idea was that it was already done, and Thanos wouldn't do any more damage. They could have taken all the time in the world to think it out, plot it out, plan it. But nah, they don't even think about getting more Pym particles.

The bigger concern and problem I have is that he explicitly mentions the stones being used to that extent is far too powerful for its user.

Wouldn’t he actually just kill himself erasing everything before he could reshape it?

While it's probably just a retcon, I assume he's either completely delusional and thinks her homeworld is a paradise now, or someone lied to him about it,
Probably Ebony Maw

the absolute mad titan

>they got the time stone
>could have gone back in time a number of times to get multiple infinite stones they could return later
mind=blown

>Wouldn’t he actually just kill himself erasing everything before he could reshape it?
It probably would've. They don't call him the mad titan for nothing.

>does his plan again
>but leaves out earth and any affiliating characters
>"avengers help! thanos has wiped out all life from the rest of the universe but has spared earth!"
>thor: *shrugs*
>peter: oh man that sucks
>cap: SLURP

Attached: thanos-be-like.png (503x530, 339K)

kek

There seems like there was a missed opportunity for Tony not to call him out on this shit specifically. I figured the reason that Thanos is so set on his kill half the universe plan instead of something like "birthrates can only reach what your society can sustain" is because he's bitter as fuck that no one listened to him on Titan. Since his whole planet died, he has to prove to absolutely everything in the the universe "No fuck you I was RIGHT" and make them all feel as hurt and frustrated as he was. That in the end, despite saying he was doing things for everyone else's benefit, he was only really doing it for himself.

Tony was a playboy who got rich off of his family's weapons industry then got socially conscious after the cave and had fucking meltdown after meltdown after he saw Thanos' army coming. He was going through the same emotional shit in IM3, Age of Ultron, and Civil War that Thanos was on Titan. They should have done something just to point out how flawed the logic is and tie everything back together

He just wanted the universe to get off his lawn planet.

>Thanos could have just 'borrowed' ships and alternate Thanos from other timelines so he could easily win
>Chose to hurry even if he had literal timetravel

They didn't rush it. That's the worst think about it. They spent literal weeks to months planning it. And it never occurred to them to just get some extra particles from another timeline to get more chances. Just like Nebula for some reason never told them that Thanos was nearby in her jump.

He was going to, then the Avengers stopped him.

Possibility #647,251: Have tea and crumpets with Thanos and discuss the potential of creating infinite resources.
Conclusion: Some asshole calling himself "The Living Tribunal" yells about violating omniversal law and erases our universe from existence.

Attached: 1530253844995.jpg (1280x720, 96K)

What the hell can't people just get about this? He will only accept killing half and having the remaining half praise him for it and tell him what a bunch of idiots the Titans were for not listening to him.

He will accept nothing less. He'd rather purge everyone and create people that will be forced to tell him what he wants to hear.

It was never about balance or resources but purely his own self gratification.

>And it never occurred to them to just get some extra particles from another timeline to get more chances.

I think they just didn't want to fuck around too much with unknowns by making extra trips for the sake of getting more particles.

They only ended up going to the 70s base for them because they HAD to.

>Primative Technology

Excellent taste

I get that Thanos is supposed to be mad but why do the films present his plan like its some sort of dilemma by having Gamora's planet be thriving after the cull and Steve commenting on how whales aren't endangered anymore?

Or he just lied to her.

>is a genius capable of effortlessly creating ground breaking technology
>is the owner of a powerful mega corporation
>could single handedly push human technology centuries into the future and pave the way to a free-energy/post-scarcity/space-faring utopia
>opt instead to just create metal suits that makes him fly really fast and use it to punch people and blow stuff up

Attached: downloadfile.jpg (800x1200, 107K)

Because liberals have never abandoned the stance that humans need to depopulate their species through not having children to "save Earth". They can't help but push less humans on the Earth as a good thing.

"But i dont want to create infinite resource, i want to dust half of the universe's population"

Nice Yea Forums thread, you semen gargling faggot.

Can you even picture in your mind what infinite resources looks like?

Attached: 1288066667372.jpg (655x480, 56K)

He did try in Iron-man 1 to make arc reactor generators available to the public.

It'd have to be an entirely new universe, made up of nothing but endless generating resources that fuels into our own.

Though I imagine the infinity gems would have to become this new reality to fuel it.

STOP.
WANTING.
TO.
CREATE.
THE CANCERVERSE.

Fucking "infinite resource".

Attached: Ohitsme--Cancerverse_HD.jpg (442x429, 94K)

But user, LAND is a resource.
Will the planets be constantly expanding to meet the need for more land?

>Can you even picture in your mind what infinite resources looks like?
I can picture an apple and tell myself it keeps regenerating after you take a bite.

So yeah.

Literally the only problem with the cancerverse was the many-angled ones mindslaved everyone.

And quite frankly I blame cancerverse Strange being shit at his job for that.

>food is the only resource to worry about
Did you picture a river that never drains?
Did you picture land that continues to grow?
Did you picture infinite charges of electricity within the sky?
Did you picture an animal you carve a piece of meat out of, but doesn't die and continues to grow unrotting?

Did you imagine Death dying as you take a finite life and making it infinite?

No the main problem is there are barriers for universes in the marvel universe. Infinite stuck within a finite space. It would have burst at the seams eventually no matter what.

Attached: 1504782-behold.jpg (1215x1420, 228K)

>Did you picture a river that never drains?
Nah, it'd be a bucket.
>Did you picture land that continues to grow?
Why not people that continue to shrink? We know that's literally a thing you can do in Marvel.
>Did you picture infinite charges of electricity within the sky?
Why not a battery that never drains or fills?
>Did you picture an animal you carve a piece of meat out of, but doesn't die and continues to grow unrotting?
What about a fryer that produces infinite wings?

>Did you imagine Death dying as you take a finite life and making it infinite?
No, don't be stupid. We already know there's a realm for beings like death after they complete their time in the multiverse. It's more like transmigration.

>No the main problem is there are barriers for universes in the marvel universe. Infinite stuck within a finite space. It would have burst at the seams eventually no matter what.
Setting aside that space isn't finite, you can just infinitely shrink shit. Fuck's sake, 616 Avengers literally have an infinite mansion with infinite resources in the Underspace.

>>Get opportunity to do it in about a day if you hurry

And this is why Engame Thanos feels like such a punk ass compared to IW Thanos

Okay, ignoring all the problems that would cause, that's not a single change to the universe you can do within the snap of a finger. As long as the apple is continuing to regenerate the gauntlet would have to stay perpetually active, and considering how much damaging just using it for an instant did, that food isn't gonna keep regenerating for more than a few seconds before whoever has the gauntlet dies.

>Why don't Iron Man just cures cancer?
>How comes Thanos don't makes the worlds has infinite resources?

This is the "Reed Richards is useless" trope, when a genius or powerful character doesn't help society because he's some kind of asshole. The basic reason it happens is because if Tony used his genius to revolutionize water conservation and sanitation lines, it's not a fucking superhero comic. It's a comic about the fantasy of wealthy people making the world better with their money and the genius that earned them their money.

An infinite bucket would still flood the world give enough time.

Attached: 1342751.jpg (250x187, 23K)

So your idea is to use the power of GOD MODE is:
1. Give every planet in the universe an enchanted apple
2. Give every planet in the universe an enchanted pail of water
3. Give every planet in the universe an enchanted 9volt
4. Give every planet in the universe an enchanted bucket of fried chicken
5. Check up on every planet at all times to know when to make the population physically smaller

>mad Titian does mad things
While a weaker villain in endgame because the whole movie was to undo his character development of the last movie solving the lack of resources wasn’t the point
Point was to prove his method could work and following through on it unlike a more cowardly neo Malthusian
Tl;dr
He was proving himself right

>Coping this hard for bad Mouse writing

New worlds are added, and the universe is expanded to fit all of it.

Snap your fingers and make everything edible and provide all nutrients every being needs, without poison and without removing it's previous use.
INFINITY POWER.

/thread

>expanding your universe, which would mean encroaching on other universes in the multiverse
It really IS the Cancerverse.

Attached: Earth-10011_from_Nova_Vol_7_6_001.jpg (1988x3056, 3.45M)

But he doesn't want to make infinite resources. He wants to kill all life.

Even if it eventually led to Richard and the new guy teaming up, which was great, retconning Death killing everything was so dumb.

But he is Thanos The Tricky Titan.

This is an interesting concept desu

>So your idea is to use the power of GOD MODE is:
No. My idea to use the power of GOD MODE is to give everyone in the universe a room in the infinite Avengers mansion. I was simply pointing out that infinite resources aren't that hard to visualize.

>An infinite bucket would still flood the world give enough time.
Yeah if you knocked it over. That's why it comes with an infinite sponge.

Kek

You do realize the infinite mansion was just the name, right?
It wasn't ACTUALLY infinite.
It was probably huge, the size of a city, but not infinite.
And while shrinking everything to infinite mansion size WOULD help, the universe would still eventually fill to capacity.

Every time you use something, it replenishes.

Bottomless pitcher, regenerating ore, etc.

What happens when you put the sponge inside the water bucket?
Who wins? The unstoppable force or the immoveable object.

What if you shoot yourself with an uzi. Do the bullets and your brain matter replenish?

>It wasn't ACTUALLY infinite.
Only cause it didn't need to be. The thing literally had over 1 trillion doors. Clearly Pym particles let you make infinite resources.

>What happens when you put the sponge inside the water bucket?
It continues to absorb water at the same rate the bucket produces it, allowing both to coexist with the sponge effectively just erasing the volume of water in the space it exists in as it is continuously produced
>Who wins? The unstoppable force or the immoveable object.
~noclip

They will come to a stalemate. The sponge eternally absorbing and the bucket eternally refilling.

What happens when you put your hand into the bucket to pick up the sponge?
Does it have the weight of the endless gallons of absorbed water? Does it try to dry out the very moisture in your body?

because he's a psycho who wants to kill people, that's why his final solution is to kill literally everyone and start fresh with what most likely would be a universe where he's a tyrannical god