Is it even worth saving anymore?

Is it even worth saving anymore?

Attached: Cartoon_Network_2010_logo.png (2000x1197, 41K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=R2HM8fbuK9U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Only for Toonami (which should really be its own network playing anime 24/7).

No, all it does is restrict creators and gear towards a certain demographic that will only hinder animation
You can put the effort into saving it to get content like we even got a decade ago, but that effort is way better served coming up with alternatives that allow more ideas. It served its purpose but needs to burn now

CN never really had good shows to begin with.
Jack and Megas were Toonami series after all

>CN never really had good shows to begin with.

Attached: 1557980712968.jpg (921x1024, 82K)

>Not even Courage
user what the fuck

Courage was the only good Cartoon Cartoon, all the others ranged from mediocre to outright shit.

And yes I'm 100% serious

see

Honestly, what did you like that wasn't Cartoon Network, then?

Toonami's originals per Several Disney series
Several WB series
TMNT '03
even a few Canadian shows

You have a point though - Nicktoons other than Avatar were far worse than Cartoon Cartoons. Hard to believe garbage like Danny Phantom or MLAATR even has fans let alone on Yea Forums.

Villainous looks like it promise as a fully fledged series. I’m going to miss Gumball. It was the last cartoon that wasn’t pandering shit, but at least We Bare Bears is enjoyable. OK KO may push an agenda, but I have a weakness for its humor and shitpost-yet-somehow-very-charming art direction. Venomous being so fuckable doesn’t hurt either.

Attached: B0E88DB5-FBE0-4DBB-9DC7-4B3752092F29.jpg (483x433, 23K)

I would object, as I like As Told By Ginger and some other Nicktoons, but hey, more power to you.

*looks at Disney*
Yes, yes it is
they are far from being the worst content creator out there at the moment

>You can put the effort into saving it to get content like we even got a decade ago, but that effort is way better served coming up with alternatives that allow more ideas.
While I sort of agree I’m of the opinion that it would be easier to save CN then to find a viable sustainable alternative. Just look at channel frederator to see what I mean by sustainable. The problem is Cartoon Network has been fucked by mismanagement and poor content creators significantly since 2014-2015, I have a silver of hope only because a change of management is happening and primal is the most promising show to be revealed on it for years, even if it is just for adult swim
>>thinking we bore bears is enjoyable
Shit taste
>hating MLAATR
Mega shit taste

The 00s and 2010s seem to be a case where CN started strong early in the decade but limped to the finish line weakly at the end. The 2020s might follow a similar pattern where CN could go back uphill in the early part then go to shit in the later part.

This decade is a much worse scenario then the 00s. For most of it the channel was doing really good, it was only in the last couple years it suffered from things like CN real and get their were still shows like flapjack on. Compare that too today where only like three of its (I want to say) 7 currently running original series get reruns of any sort, and most of not all of its current roster flat out suck. If anything I hope the 2020s takes more after 2000s era CN then the current era.

The last good cartoon was Clarence. Now the channel is bordeline unwatchable. No, I don't care about Craig of the Creek or Summer Camp Island.

>I’m going to miss Gumball. It was the last cartoon that wasn’t pandering shit.
Seasons 5 & 6 has a lot of pandering. They even did an episode where the mayor of Elmore looks like Trump.

>Only liked Courage and "Toonami" series (it was just a CN block retard) like Megas and Jack
>Several Disney series (probably shit like Kim Possible)
>Several WB series
(Probably shit like TT and The Batman)
>Avatar
>TMNT '03
It's too easy to identify your autistic ass, bannerfag. What, you think that by avoiding posting your standard "BEST CARTOONS EVUH" chart you'd somehow go into stealth mode? Get fucked with your shitty narrow tastes, not everything needs to be a weeb pandering action/action-comedy (and also Courage).

Gotta agree with, I love gumball when it was good but I’m glad it’s ending, after all it should’ve ended a season ago if it was just going to devolve into two scoops comments, relying too hard on funny faces, and making Nicole into a raging feminist bitch.

>all the others ranged from mediocre to outright shit.
Oh, I'm angry now

You're 100% stupid.

>Toonami was some separate channel

I will never understand this massively stupid attitude.

When did the sign-off change again?

Jack was watchable but bad in total. Gundam was the only other good show on Toonami.

>tfw when i was younger, i really enjoyed cartoons for how diverse their styles were

Attached: that one pup.png (302x271, 88K)

its just disappointing to see CN now, but the early days were the fucking shit man

I grew up with Foxkids in the 95-2003s so I always thought CN was the trash that appealed to Texas, billy bobs, stoners, drunk people.
It was crude, ugly, tacky, and above all stupid and insensitive.

If I wanted comedy cartoons I'd watch Life with Louie, Eek the Cat, Jack the Pirate.
If I wanted action comedy cartoons I'd want Spy Dogs, The Tick, and a few others.

CN's shows were always limited: gags before common sense, 7-10 minutes each episodes, no story, no progression, very bleak endings, shock humour over sincerity, always ready to flanderize themselves.
I especially hated when they'd do cool ideas executed boring and stupidly like a 4th PPG, Giant Satan Him, evil doppelgangers, Dexter always being an arrogant cunt, DeeDee always being a naive incompetent cunt pretending she's well intentioned, etc.

Only good things I remember about the What A Cartoon Cartoon lineup was how much effort and directing talent was wasted on shit ideas and low budget.
The soundtracks of Dexter, PPG, Courage I still remember to this day. Their shock humour had amazing atmosphere worthy of a well directed horror movie.
If only they hadn't wasted it on bad tastes.

Only cartoon that was more up to my speed was Kids Next Door which had progression, had world building, had proper story structure, felt more serious.
Sadly enough it didn't have the same soundtrack and directing skills which PPG, Dexter and even Cow & Chicken and I Am Weasel had. CN executives are idiots to not get them to collaborate together.

Again the only problem were bad premises and low budget... as well as the 1 downfall all story-based action-based cartoons have. Characters turn into tools for the story and the world design around them.
All 5 of the KND were 1-2 dimensional stereotypes, with Cookie being dumber/0 dimensional than DeeDee and Bubbles.

But KND had far better specials and movies because the writers actually had some damn experience with story structure and narrative logic.

This reads like an anime purist copypasta.

Fucking shit, are you me!? user from here
(OK no obviously you aren't because I didn't actually grow up with Fox Kids, I only realized how good it was in hindsight.)

But you need to understand one thing user - popularity in the US is the ONLY thing that matters. You can make absolute garbage, but if CN/Nick/Disney airs it in the US it WILL have a fandom pretty much forever. You can make something absolutely incredible but if it airs on an obscure channel (or platform nowadays) in America - or doesn't make it to the US at all - it will wither and die, guaranteed.

But Jetix >>> Fox Kids. And Jetix had it even worse in the USA. C'est la vie

This level of posting retardation should not be allowed. He didn't even mention anime user, what the actual fuck?

You have to be 18 to post on this site.

YES. THIS all you need to keep in mind when you think of CN. All you need is somebody young in control that knows what they are doing.

Attached: ezgif-5-93cc65e9c540 (1).webm (540x360, 2.73M)

>Jetix >>> Fox Kids
Based European Yea Forumsmrade.

user we get that you are a zoomer faggot that grow up with no tv and used YouTube as entertainment in 2010. But please don't make it obvious that you have autism.

Attached: Rock_Bottom_030.jpg (512x384, 29K)

>It's too easy to identify your autistic ass, bannerfag.
>doesn't actually name me
Either you're a really stupid newfag, or you want to avoid naming me properly for some reason which is still retarded.

Toonami wasn't a separate channel, but it might as well have been. The shows there had literally nothing in common with regular CN beyond being animated.

Awfully shit taste, especially since Megas is even better than Jack overall.

Replace Toonami (ratings are abysmal anyway) with the Acme Block with 8 hours of classic Warner Bros, MGM, Hanna Babera and Popeye cartoons and the block will do much better, it will even fund for remasters of these shorts.
Cow & Chicken/I Am Weasel, Johnny Bravo, PPG, Ed, Edd and Eddie, Billy & Mandy and Chowder say hi at the very least.
Avatar is what got us into the hell hole we're in right now, at least The Legend of The Three Caballeros and New Looney Tunes Mark 2 are fixing what Avatar fucked up.

youtube.com/watch?v=R2HM8fbuK9U

I remember only a few genuinely refreshing shows which weren't made by the retarded Cal Arts team obsessed with giant bobbleheads on tiny bodies and obsessed with not hiring writers, but letting story boarders do everything like this is Tom n Jerry and Looney Tunes.

The Mask(better than Freakazoid).
Swat Kats(better than Darkwing Duck)
Johnny Quest reboot
Transformers Beast Wars
He-Man reboot
And 2005-2010 had a few decent shows like Storm Hawks, Osmosis Jones, Juniper Lee and Generator Rex.

And then shows which never aired on Cartoonnetwork, multiple channels or never aired for long periods of time on 1 channel.
Men in Black, Roswell Conspiracies, Invasion America, Bruno the Kid, Ace Ventura?, Taz and Tazmania? Sonic SatAm, Pirates of Dark Waters, a few Saban cartoons, Sandokan, Willy Fog, Red Wall, and some more which never had their own dedicated channel.

100% false.

Yes. CN is the ECW of TV Animation - always daring with new ideas, experimental and quite filled with some underlooked talent. But there needs to be some massive sweep to help the Network recover
>go streaming as soon as possible
>limit executive meddling like back in the past
>new version of What A Cartoon / The Big Pick to promote potential pilots and let the public decide their favorites
A bit of a favorite for me:
>greenlit reboots/prequels when the original creator specifically and enthusiastically wants to work on it (Warburton and Dilworth resp.)

Attached: Bugs_is_very_shook.jpg (541x541, 33K)

Calarts Network (CN) needs to go away.

>if you don't know me you're a newfag
Different user, but if that makes me one I'm proud to be a newfag
>avoid naming me properly
Holy shit what a douchebag

>Clarence
>good cartoon
Shit taste confirmed.

You STILL don't actually know who I am, do you?