Cartoon Endings

Did Yea Forums EVER ENJOYED the final episode on ANY cartoon since 2012? I really never saw a single end be liked here (unless its from a date before Yea Forums was created)

Attached: 1539886277345.jpg (480x404, 19K)

The good cartoons get cancelled.

Cartoon? No. Anime? Naruto Shippuden, easily.

Except NaruSaku fags lol
>Halls of Anal devastation

It is a shame that Yea Forums pretends not to like the Star Vs. ending. Star Vs' final episode is far better than that of any of the rest of the S-O-Y trilogy. Seeing this is a matter of having a refined taste and functioning eyeballs.

First and foremost, let us put things in perspective by examining some general facts about all three shows.Compare the animation quality of Star Vs. vs Gravity Falls and SU: Star Vs. dominates both of the others, and it is not even close. Compare the character designs: Star Vs. wins again! Compare the music: Star Vs. wins again! Compare the moral of the final story: Star wins again! Wow! And we have not even begun to look at the specifics of the episodes themselves.

Consider the final episodes of each:Steven Universe look at the poor design on White Diamond and Sunstone! (Who approved this trash?!). Look at the piss-poor characterization of Blue and Yellow Diamond! Trash! Look at the ending with White Diamond instantly forgiven by Steven, instantly turned into a "good guy" and instantly reconciled to those she has permanently traumatized. Would anyone outside of an autist believe that this is good characterization? (NO.) Steven Universe' ending is so poorly written, and (more importantly) it looks so very ugly from an artistic point of view that it is not even worth comparing to Star Vs'.

Attached: -bather-seated-on-a-rock-pierre-auguste-renoir.jpg (718x900, 140K)

Regular Show's finale was pretty good.

Gravity Falls is a more difficult case. The ending for this show is certainly better than Steven Universe' clusterfuck. But, again, it is far worse than Star Vs' ending. First and foremost: it is ugly. Ugly ugly ugly—there is an irrredemably bad scene whrere Hirsch decides that the Mystery Shack should become a mech (for some reason) and we are """treated to""" an ugly and boring fight for a good ten minutes. At the end you want to vomit: you feel embarrassed that anyone signed off on this. This is the first fatal flaw. The second fatal flaw comes in the terrible poor writing that leads stan to make a great sacrifice...then the sacrifice is undone for some reason? It is never explained: clearly that hack manlet Hirsch wrote himself into a corner and couldn't write himself out. So Gravity Fall's ending likewise is not worth comparing.

Star Vs. ending is competently written, it looks very pretty (it is well shot) and it actually manages to hit on some real human emotion: something the rest of the S-O-Y trilogy utterly fails to do.

Moreover, concerning the whole """muh genocide""" meme, one should consider what would happen if Star DID NOT commit genocide—Magic is clearly a perrenial problem, and if left unchecked will clearly one day doom Mewnie (as was suggested in the "Spell with no name" episode). SOMEONE would have eventually had to destroy it. And since magical constructs generally don't die, by the time someone did, they would end up killing far more beings than Star ever did. It was an act of mercy.

Face it Losers, Star Vs. finale was great.

Attached: rembrandt.jpg (1200x1260, 242K)

lol no, despite contrarians here even with all the issues it had Mabel GF ending was better imo

I can't recall seeing much complaint about the EEnE movie finale.

Attached: file.png (640x386, 200K)

Oh wait, shit, I missed the "since 2012" bit.
Damn, even BatB ended in 2011.
Maybe Wonder over Yonder?

Attached: file.png (1280x720, 1.72M)

Trips of truth. Everything else has been profoundly meh or just bad. We'll just have to see if MLP ends well or fucking beefs it and it's looking like a real crap shoot to me.

Gravity Falls one.

You write like a fag.

Does it count if it wasn't a particularly long series?

Attached: DerBestie.gif (472x267, 1.1M)

I loved this series finale.

Attached: Mystery_incorporated.jpg (1236x1600, 216K)

>Ended April 5th, 2013
Very good.

Wow.
I thought faggots had a good taste

Ben and 10 always has the good endings to each version.
Batman the brave and the bold had a perfect ending.

Attached: 175.png (750x750, 39K)

>Consider the final episodes of each:Steven Universe look at the poor design on White Diamond
Stopped reading there, fuck you, you're a lying asshole.

Attached: 1554495322724.jpg (538x800, 66K)

Mlp has been shit since season 8 and the movie was mediocre outside the amazing music. I don't see how the ending could possibly be good unless it's a mostly musical episode.

People loved the regular show finale

WOnder over Yonder

It was good but it left room for more that make you disappointed about the fact it won't have a S3. Besides, you can't really say Yea Forums enjoyed it because most faggots got plebfiltered.

s...season 8? user how many hours have you wasted?

GL TAS

we kind of enjoyed the adventure time ending after everyone stopped giving a shit about lesbians, we even brought back the Adventure time draw threads

Attached: mm.webm (896x504, 2.01M)

>gravity falls
Come on people
I dont even hate it but still

patrician taste

How did you even stomach anything past S3? S2 was so damn average already, I couldn't stomach more than 2 episodes of S3.
Only S1 was good.

But it didn't even have an ending, nothing was wrapped. It just got canceled.
Doesn't count.

That was more joy that it finally ended than how it did.

Gravity Falls is unmediated trash.

If it makes you feel any better I gave up and stopped watching halfway through season 8.

It just makes me feel sad.

Does that count? That was supposed to only end the season, not the series.

Canceled shows don't count.

Over the Garden Wall ended well enough.

What happened in 2012?

At this point I'll just be happy if the ending is just passable. Anything more would be nothing short of a true miracle.

Attached: 1437117001996.gif (500x338, 464K)

Yea Forums became more mainstream and we were flooded with newfags,also rise of cringe culture and when anons started getting jaded and political.

Before that people could post things like "hahaha" without being ironic.

Attached: images (11).jpg (453x676, 41K)

Yeah

Attached: Screenshot (1360).png (1920x1030, 1.35M)

Canceled, not an actual end.

>Star Vs. finale was great
Only if you consider Battle for Mewni is the true finale.

Paradigm shift. There's a clear divide in cartoons made before 2012 and those made after 2012.

This

You either die a hero, or live long enough to become a villain.

Attached: badchoices.jpg (500x756, 109K)

You mean season 3.
After they killed off the protagonist I gave up.

And until we meet again, boys and girls know that where ever evil lurks in all it's myriad forms, Ill be there. With the hammers of justice, to fight for decency and defend the innocent. Good night.

This was 7 years ago

Attached: Batman The Brave and the Bold - 313 Mitefall! .avi_snapshot_21.20_[2019.05.20_03.43.56].jpg (720x420, 23K)

Mystery Inc., Over the Garden Wall, most of the Ben 10 sequels have ended ok.
Most cartoons are still either episodic, and the ending doesn't really matter, or they get canceled and we never find out what the ending would have been like.
It's a shame that one of the things cartoons have decided to steal from anime is bad endings.

God, I miss this show so much...

Attached: crychael_jordan.jpg (1100x1100, 50K)

Yea Forumss last hope of a good ending

Attached: Barney.jpg (615x409, 55K)

> work hard to become who you want to be, don't let destiny bullshit decide for you!dattebayo!
>o actually you and your gay boyfriend are demi gods reincanartions and everything happened because of your unbreakable destiny! ain't that BADASS?

I like how your sole argument is "THIS IS HOW YOU FEEL OR ELSE" ad nauseam.

GF was really close to have a good ending but they really missed the mark imo. They decided to develop on the worst ideas they had, and dismiss the best ones. Sad

As a board or individually? Ballmastrz 9009 since it ain't getting renewed.

I think you are making the assumption that only HIGH-PROFILE LONG-RUNNING shows matter. Angry people react harder then satisfied people, especially on Yea Forums, but that does not mean they don't exist.

Regular shows final season was pretty sick and had a great ending

2012? Pretty sure Yea Forums hates all cartoon endings/final episodes.

There was one, but it was sent to its death in the Philippines before it even had a chance to shine.

Attached: 430A9ACF-59E8-4B3F-A138-3C7BADB8668B.jpg (666x1000, 181K)

Bait

Unironically this. I think its just "misery loves company" SJ/SU/ATfags comparing their dumpster fires to Star, which was at least a somewhat satisfying conclusion. Also the Enterbots going on about Star "committing genocide" because some gag characters got erased is cringe as fuck.

Yea Forums is full of simpletons who need simple writing parlor tricks like "muh subversions", "muh big bads", "muh foreshadowing", "muh bittersweet endings" so that they can park their overweight asses in the talkback threads and repeat every cool moment or line in ALL CAPS like a bunch of spazes. Anything that goes above the herd mentality makes them afraid and scared that this board isn't nearly as smart as it likes to make itself out to be. I can't believe how many people were confused by Mina surviving and not getting sent to Arkham Asylum or whatever these drones are used to, when its literally spelled out to the viewer that the "final boss" wasn't her but rather an idea that couldn't be stamped out by blasting it with spells.

Attached: SHE FUCKING WON.png (1080x1080, 1.35M)

I enjoyed the end of hilda season 1 if that counts?

Green Lantern had a pretty good ending, and it ran from 2012-2013

Attached: 375px-Green-Lantern-The-Animated-Series.jpg (375x211, 19K)

Come on guys, aqua teen

Attached: athffinale.jpg (825x464, 39K)

>Yea Forums is full of simpletons who need simple writing parlor tricks like "muh subversions", "muh big bads", "muh foreshadowing", "muh bittersweet endings" so that they can park their overweight asses in the talkback threads and repeat every cool moment or line in ALL CAPS like a bunch of spazes.
I think non retarded writing would be good enough.

See Morty, the *urp* cycle's been broken Morty, it's been *urp* disrupted.

The mainstream television show cycle Morty. We gotta save TV Morty! That's my series arc Morty! Giving the audience what they want, Morty! Stopping the subversion of expectations, Morty!

Because what are expectations, but hopes? And dreams?

Attached: Rick_Sanchez.png (848x1080, 693K)

I thought the Clarence one was alright.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 37K)

Over the Garden Wall was pretty conclusive.

>Yea Forums is full of simpletons who need simple writing parlor tricks like "muh subversions", "muh big bads", "muh foreshadowing", "muh bittersweet endings"

Star VS end literaly had all of that.

Subverting expectations is the basis of comedy tho.

Steven U's "finale" was great bar the rushed pacing, haven't really watched any of the others though.

Not really, its just basically a movie split into parts.
Great taste

It was absolute trash that rushed everything.
Its like looking at a pretty abstract painting about which you have no context.
Rather amuzing but completely devoid of substance

Nah.

>Did Yea Forums EVER ENJOYED the final episode on ANY cartoon since 2012?
Adventure time, unironically.

It should have ended in pain arc

I miss mah boys.

Attached: Clarence, Jeff and Sumo.jpg (1920x1080, 1.15M)

It was definitly rushed, especially with the "Fusion Showcase" and "Then they all took a bath and were fixed" but i think it was at least tonally consistent with the show, i mean, most of Yea Forums hated the tone to start with but it was consistent in the SING AND CRY and UNDERSTANDING slants.

Outside Yea Forums it seemed to be more upsetting to the people freaking out over that that Steven befriended/forgave/converted the Diamonds and didn't murder them for being Space Sexists/Racists/Conservatives.

Yeah I agree with all of that. I'm just of the opinion that something can be flawed and still be genuinely enjoyable and even good in the end.

After all, isn't that what Steven Universe is, in the end?

The (intended) finale for TMNT 2012 was pretty shit.
>Entire show is about preventing the world from becoming a mutated wasteland.
>Cut to 50 years after the previous episode
>Turns out a bomb went off and mutated the entire world into a wasteland shortly after the "regular" episodes concluded.
>Raph has amnesia and barely remembers anything from before the bomb.
>Don turned into a robot.
>The other two have been seperated from them for decades
>Mikey is a crazed hobo eating rotten mush that used to be pizza all day
>Leo is a violent warlord who don't remember who he was
>April is dead
>Casey is dead (and Raph uses his skull to decorate a bomb for some reason)
>Karai is dead
>Literally every supporting character and villain aside from the Pizza Cat and the Alien Pet are dead.
>There is no hope to fix the world
>The plot is just about Raph and a few others trying to find a lake in order to settle down
>Antagonists become allies according to Flash Gordon rules ("Beat them up and they'll suck your cock like you were never enemies")
>It's seriously depressing compared to the rest of the series.

It was so bad, Nickelodeon quietly aired it on Nicktoons, declared it non-canon on the DVD release and aired a different string of episodes as the finale.

Attached: 520-leonardo-mira-raphael-donatello ending.jpg (1000x562, 126K)

You misspelled jewishness.

No, seriously, how do you not see jews are involved with writing/directing cartoons now? This is what the lowest IQ race considers good writing. This is art to them.

Attached: ride your pelvis to dust.gif (516x360, 324K)

I enjoyed the Gravity Falls ending. So did about half a dozen fans I know.

Attached: i_m_okay_with_this_by_mikeinel-d9s0kl6.jpg (1080x1280, 201K)

The ending for Devilman crybaby was well received in Yea Forums. In fact, the ending of Star Vs is very much a Devilman conclusion with plenty of people of dead, the world ruined and in chaos. Except the bad guy got to keep their man.

Attached: __devilman_fudou_akira_and_makimura_miki_devilman_crybaby_and_etc_drawn_by_kuuki_pixiv2244659__c2656 (868x1228, 367K)

Sofia The First had a good ending.

Regular Show
Mystery Incorporated

That it.
>inb4 RS got bad
Yes, but the finale itself was good.

I watched DMC for the first time recently and yeah the finale was pretty satisfying. Not sure why you're comparing it to Star though since in DMC Akira/Amon died and god reset the Earth with meteors. Everything bad AND good is gone whereas Star got exactly what she wanted and didn't have to face any consequences other than losing her powers

I liked the Steven Universe ending
and I also liked the ending of Adventure Time

shit, it ended? In thought those shows were meant to last forever

Rescue Bots also had a good ending

>S2 was so damn average already
S1 was even more average.

No, being funny is the basis of comedy. Subversion is just a tool.

Why did the chicken cross the road?
To get to the other side.

It’s not humorous by itself it’s that the context around it makes it antihumor of expecting a pun or some twist, then not getting it. Except you can’t make a comedy world out of antihumor. If every joke is the concept of reality being funny by being normal, then it’s just existence. And then what’s the point of comedic escapism if you’re just explaining normal things? That’s just laughing at nothing; and that’s insanity.

>that part when Aya says "yes my love" while holding Razer
Man I have to rewatch GLTAS, it was so good.

Star vs. ending is tonely correct, but that is the shit tone S3 started.

GF ending is a mess. After they got the twin brother back, the show started to lose it's steam. The ending is then just action for the sake of action.

SU. I don't understand how anyone can watch SU. Every time I hear about it it looks like shit. And the fans leave a bad taste in my mouth when they post threads about the Amazing musical numbers the show has.

WoY was canceled.

OtGW just stops.

The main villain is heavily focused on defeating the mc when the setting is full of bigger obstacles to him than the mc. Pony always ties up loose ends, so I predict the father of monsters created the gods, since it has been occasionally teased that the gods are monsters, but since the gods created their own gods the villain can't control the mc nor the baby.

So since Star ended, I am not currently watching anything else.
What are you guys watching, what is airing right now? I'm gonna check out that mao mao thread an probably get back into FIM so I can see it crash and burn all the way through. I'm probably start Mystery Inc too just to get it out of my backlog.

Regular Show had a solid ending that people only bitched about for the endgame ships because you're not supposed to meet new people afer you're what, 19 apparently?

Pic related if you just accept the season ending as the series finale and assume Clu derezzed everyone and retook Tron since it's a prequel to Legacy.

Attached: gone2soon.jpg (1280x720, 146K)

I would say LotTC but I don't want to believe that it's ending and hold out the slight chance it's revived

Phineas and Ferb

>but rather an idea that couldn't be stamped out by blasting it with spells.
but that's pretty much what they did with the destruction of magic, and magic life, at the end.
They had a characters say, yeah, the world is probably better off without my existence.

Fuck off poltards back to R3ddit,you fucking drooling niggers.

>implying it didn't end years ago and everything since has been a sequel series

/thread

Attached: file.png (1024x1499, 1.74M)

I don't think I've ever seen Yea Forums shit on Myserty Inc's ending.

Attached: DrA7JWKVAAAc2ZW.jpg (640x640, 137K)

Cancelled shows don't get finales. It exists in a nebulous state of being whatever it is with no judgement from anyone.

Brainlet.

Which youtuber or boatrd made up your mind and brainwashed you to believe that every subversion of expectations is bad, when it exists since always?

user, think again what you just said, and how comedy works.

user, the joke with the chicken is a subversion of expectations due to the context. A pun or other kind of jokes are also subversions of expectation, jokes don't work by being obvious.

I unironically enjoyed Gravity Falls, aside from Stan's sacrifice being undone for no apparent reason than forcing a happy end

I enjoyed most of Dreamworks' endings, so I'm not sure what went so wrong with Voltron.

Attached: end of kj.webm (720x405, 2.31M)

Clown World is only funny until you realize the fire the clowns are shouting about is very real.

Attached: 1445800702896.jpg (238x357, 29K)

If you're in a war and the clock is ticking, do you truly deserve to be punished for picking the "imperfect but solid" decision?

What are you even ranting about

Is this bait are does this retard really think the animation quality of Star Vs is better than Gravity falls? I mean you can at least argue the story is better but the animation quality? This is either bad bait or a delusional autist.

If there are other options? Sure.

I always forget how old that show is. Every time I think of it I keep thinking it came out just two or three years ago.

>pedo
>claiming moral superiority over anyone

LOL

>its another ez pz samefagging himself
>inb4 inspect element
the absolute madman shilling his shit tastes again and again. Never seen a grown man defend a little girl show this hard since-

>since season 5
fixed that for you

S4 was at least serviceable, but S5 is when they just went full-autismo and started putting Derpy in every episode and having sparkledog background ponies everywhere, and making direct reference to fandom memes (even having an entire episode dedicated to fandom memes and headcanons)

Ever since then the whole show has just been low-quality brony pandering with the new writers flanderizing the characters and rehashing old episode ideas that were already done better.

Don't forget the massive focus on "muh worldbulding / DEEPEST LORE", it's like they forgot how to make a simple slice of life show and now every single episode has to have some piece of worldbuilding or lore in it and tie into something else

>Face it Losers, Star Vs. finale was great.

This.
Contrarians can get fucked

Satan confirms Cotugno is a god

Steven Universe did, whatever they got going forward sounds more like spin-off territory so I count that as it’s finale. Star Vs. had a great ending too and people can suck it.

Tron: Uprising was too fucking good for this world, really wish they did just what you described for that season finale. Really should have ended it right there and had Tron turn into Rinzler

Easy to be a Monday Morning Quarterback

what do you mean? is there more after season 2?
are you right user?

>Monday Morning Quarterback
I actually had to google that, new one on me. You're right of course, but Star chose the most extreme option right away. That's got to say something about her character