Can this never be a thing again?

Can this never be a thing again?

Attached: lastminuteasspullbullshit.png (1075x579, 317K)

What are you referring to?

I think OP's referring to "Pulling a last boss out of your ass".

I think Regular Show also did something like that.

Could be worse, you could have one of the heroes go crazy and become a villain at the last second.

Maybe, but they didn't take themselves that seriously. It was like a parody, "regular show...IN SPACE"

Gumbald was being set up as a villain for a while. He wasn't meant to be a "final boss", he only became one because the show was cancelled.

How is mina last minute, when is being stablish since season 2 she's unstable maniac that wants to conquer and kill everything that oppose her

Plus Anti Pops was a genuine threat geater than anything before. And somewhat thematically relevant as Pops' omega, given that the entire idea of the show began with that Pops' short.
Gumbald was not only a last minute villain but he was boring underdeveloped and had no presence. Mina was a joke side character who was only carrying the will of Solaria, and she was underwhelming after hyping Eclipsa and Globgor for so long.

>Gumbald
>last minute villian
>was set up three seasons prior to the end as the last boss
I know its a meme to hate on AT now but don't spout bullshit also Anti-Pops was garbage and not nearly as extensive as Gumbald to its respective world he was just literally last minute and wasn't developed well.

Attached: 1557477736436.png (487x278, 65K)

Mina was never set up as a villian plus she was barely relevant until the final season.

The only thing I didn't like about Gumbald was that his entire nightmare dream sequence epiphany didn't change anything about him.

Mina wasn’t the final boss: the misuse of magic was. Mina was just a product of that

Gumbald was the worst of these.

Every prior mention of Gumbald in the series, Princess Bubblegum spoke fondly of him
She talked about how he cut down all those taffy trees in one night like it was an impressive feat, when later it was revealed he did it to undermine her plans
She reminisced about how her uncle gumbald built the cabin she spent her summers at when she was younger
She kept her uncle gumbalds outside clock, which Jake was very worried she'd be mad when he destroyed it

But nope, he's a villain. And not just because he felt betrayed by Bubblegum, he was ALWAYS a villain, always worked against her. It's shit writing and it made no sense for bubblegum to speak about him the way she did through the whole series.

>creator has a nice idea for a nice show
>tumblrdyke fan of the show gets hired to help write it
>immediately fucks EVERYTHING up and turns characters gay or racist and just generally makes bad decisions

Stop hiring people from the internet

She was a fucking child dumbass

I felt like Mina was always supposed to be a villain though.

Mina was set up for years, on screen too.

Attached: 12492105.gif (256x192, 174K)

She wasnt

I don't even watch AT and I know the final boss was that stupid fucking chaos god that was actually mentioned a lot in the show

and thats handwaving shit writing

>I-i-i-its shit

Every time.

If it had that would've been bullshit.

nigga, she wasn't speaking fondly of him about the cabin or the clock. That was part of setting up his return as a villain. You have a point with the taffy tree thing in SEASON TWO, but don't exaggerate.

She was an antagonist in every episode she were in, except for Moon's flashbacks, even though she was violent and eager to fight.

Bruh you better not be referring to pic related because it was unironically amazing.

Attached: 1556494187105.jpg (1366x768, 401K)

Her appearances had her as a joke character

joke character being the final villain is one of the best twists though, and is often done well

>joke character being the final villain is one of the best twists though
No

Attached: Tobi.png (434x462, 36K)

It's often done well, not by westerners as much.

Attached: 123213018903821312.png (384x1172, 361K)

>IT NO GOOD BECAUSE NO BIG BAD KING KOOPA GUD VS EBIL FINAL BOSS!

AT was complete shit stem to stern so I have no comment on that, but SvTFOE's "final boss" wasn't a physical being but rather the idea of segregation and systemic racism, Mina even explains so as much in her final appearance. It wasn't just Mina who fell prey to this but a sizable portion of Mewni's population, including Queen Moon. While some were willing to change their ways or had regrets, others were not. It's something that can never truly be defeated unless you drive all the rural and suburban retards back in the woods so they'll stop voting for Drumpf.

Attached: 1512333477249.jpg (588x823, 109K)

Gumbald wasn't the last boss Golb was and he was 10x dumber than Gumbald since Gumbald at least have like ten episodes where he did shit.
Why would you put him and not Golb?

honest to god i can't tell if this a real post or not
i feel like i'm hallucinating

Attached: 1542444167781.png (279x318, 173K)

What you're saying is, you are too fucking stupid to understand a cartoon for tweens where they literally spelled out what the "forces of evil" were towards the end of the final episode for you?

Attached: Star.vs.the.Forces.of.Evil.S04E21.Cleaved.1080p.WEBRip.AAC.2.0.x264-SRS.mkv_snapshot_14.13.jpg (1920x1080, 680K)

I dislike that not because I think he should've been redeemed, but because it meant that Polly, who was happily plotting against PB with him just one episode ago, ws the one who truly prevented the Gum War. Finn's one accomplishment was convincing PB to not be as bad as him.

Lolly wouldn't have done that if PB didn't extend the olive branch though. It's indirect, but Finn was pivotal in stopping the war.

Fuck off poltard nigger.

Thanks for the (You), shitposter

Fuck you just reminded me how mad I was that she got off scott free when she was just as bad as Gumbald. She's the one who came up with the plan to have Finn and Jake turn PB into a retard and ended up doing that to Peppermint Butler but she's allowed to have a happy ending with the good guys.

Fuck that bitch and fuck the show for letting her get away with it.