NOW will Yea Forums finally watch W.I.T.C.H.?

It's the only time Disney has made a truly great "girl show" aside from Kim Possible which still isn't even close

Come on guys, you know you need to fill that void. And unlike a certain other show it has the single greatest cartoon finale ever, BS about a "cliffhanger" notwithstanding.

Give in to your curiosity, and give it a try:
gist.github.com/ValdikSS/7cfd370136efbaa14e58

Attached: W.I.T.C.H. beach.png (768x576, 711K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sbiZqkr-d68
youtu.be/2xp22IYL2uU
youtube.com/watch?v=bQTaUo7TlCk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Nah

*ahem*
fuck W.I.T.C.H. and fuck the WITCHfag

I'd probably give it a go but I usually hear that the ending was less than satisfactory.

I was going to watch it but that cunt who spammed it non stop has ruined it for me.

Forget what Yea Forums thinks, man. There's a whole world out there of suckers to convert. Leave this place and start anew.

It's definitely better the Shit Vs will give it that

>I usually hear that the ending was less than satisfactory.
Anyone who says that is just a mindless hater. This has the only cartoon finale that has EVER left me deeply satisfied with how everything was wrapped up! Even Avatar's ending pales in comparison.
(And that's even though it includes a minor tease from the comics for a 3rd season that was never made - largely because said hook, with totally new characters, has zero bearing on the show's actual plot.)

Actually Yea Forums is the ONLY place I've been able to get people to watch the show. Everywhere else there isn't nearly as much hostility but AFAIK nobody has ever watched it, no matter how curious they claimed to be.

I hope more anons watch W.I.T.C.H. jus so they can know what a delusional idiot WITCHfag is.

I hope someone slams your face into pavement and makes you swallow whats left of your teeth you autistic motherfucker.

*ting ting*
*ting ting*
I have an announcement
Winx was better

Attached: 1553876385673.png (225x225, 11K)

Winx would have been better if the show maintained the quality of the first 3 seasons.Everything else after season 3 was garbage.

Winx was absolute trash from the start. It's a run-of-the-mill girl show with zero originality or creativity, not to mention writing talent. Plus the designs suck

how fapable is it?

>It's the only time Disney has made a truly great "girl show"
Imagine actually believing this

Attached: 1492365162706.png (435x435, 183K)

>how fapable is it?
It's part-French, do you really need to know more?

Attached: 1507828961154.png (768x576, 675K)

You can't become the prophet you wish to be with that weak-ass excuse.

user... "great" doesn't mean "waifuable".

Not that W.I.T.C.H. has anything resembling competition in that department either of course

Attached: WITCH_I-06.jpg (640x480, 34K)

But I'm not a waifufag

Prophets tell the future, not the past.

And don't worry, I have entire essays on the show. Just waiting for the right moment to post them

>part French
Shit, so THAT'S why younger me was so into the show. I don't remember any of the plot but I sure as hell remember the girls.

You'll appreciate the plot WAY more as an adult though. Particularly season 2's, which easily competes with top-tier anime writing (though the characterization is better in season 1).

episode?

Some hot anime dude gets vored in the finale

It's kind of in the filename: I is for Illusion

Also here's the same shot from the DVDRip. There's a reason I posted that link in the OP

Attached: W.I.T.C.H. girls beach.png (768x576, 592K)

Sure doesn't seem like it, given your taste in shows.

Ok retard

WITCH!

Attached: left2.jpg (450x350, 28K)

>not even gonna defend his position
Well that's one way to lose an argument quickly. But not a very fun one

I watched WITCH quite good, my only gripe is the Golum like comic relief character and the over played teen drama.

By any chance do you have a pic of adult Cornelia? from that episode where she gets all the five powers and becomes hot, you know for research purposes.

>my only gripe is the Golum like comic relief character
You have to admit though that he's the best-written "small annoying creature" in all of Western animation, including movies.
>and the over played teen drama.
A matter of taste, sure. But again, the show has the best relationships (both friendships and romance) in all of Western animation.
>By any chance do you have a pic of adult Cornelia?
Why did you ask the user who couldn't be bothered to post a high-quality pic?

Attached: Adult Cornelia.png (768x576, 308K)

watch tangled the series

I love that episode and not only because Cornelia became hot in it, The episode actually had some cool animation and fights.

I do not.
But I have her with a cute bitchy expression.

Attached: WITCH_I-19.jpg (640x480, 35K)

I've watched the first episode. It was shit.

Attached: Nikki snek.png (393x589, 191K)

I agree the first episode is not the strongest one but Its gets better fairly quickly after that.

It was the start of by far the worst sequence of episodes in season 2 - N, O, P, Q, and R. Each of them took the 5 girls' characters one-by-one and almost dumbed them down into shitty one-dimensional stereotypes like just about every other cartoon ever.

Dunno what the fuck Weisman was smoking during that run, but luckily the show way more than recovered with a mindblowing final arc.

Tripfag opinions aren't worth the bandwidth they waste.

The first episode had me hooked right away, though it wasn't until episode 4 that I realized this show was truly something special. (That one is still one of my absolute favorites, even though it may well be the most slice-of-life episode in the entire series. The character interactions are unbelievably well-written for a cartoon.)

Attached: 1507330106923.png (768x576, 378K)

>aside from Kim Possible which still isn't even close
Kim Possible is trash and the only reason people remember it is because they fapped and still fap to its characters.
Stripped of its sexy designs, Kim Possible is borderline unsalvagable. Episodes are repetitive as fuck, and the only two memorable villains are drakken and shego.

Nah user, KP obviously isn't on the same level as Avatar or Teen Titans let alone this absolute masterpiece but it's way above the average cartoon in writing quality. The dialogue is top-notch (the creators specifically had it written like in adult sitcoms) and there's a surprising amount of continuity even before season 4.

If you want to see what a truly repetitive KP would be like, just watch Phineas & Ferb.

>But I have her with a cute bitchy expression.
Isn't that just her default state?

Attached: Cornelia bitchy.png (768x576, 519K)

At least I'm not ashamed to tripfag, not like you, my lovely avatarfag from the closet. And as I sad before, first episode is crap; the comedy is bad, the dresses design is boring. To be sincere, it's a pretty boring show and I would prefer to spend my time watching actual good cartoons instead of boring wannabe maho shoujo.

Attached: c.png (421x454, 149K)

The only one avatarfagging here is you, dumbass. Learn what words mean before using them.

Also you have horribly shit taste but that's obvious

Delete this you nigger.

I'm sorry, but if you want truly fantastic "girl shows," then Japan has you covered.

Attached: a princess tutu stretch.gif (425x319, 919K)

>Definitely there's more than just one autist spamming that boring wannabe japanese cartoon with the words "Yea Forums would you watch W.I.T.C.H?????"
One yike, for you mah brother.

>you have horribly shit taste but that's obvious
Man, Camp Camp Is shit I only watch it because I love this little green gremlin. I do have taste in the matter of animation, but I don't think I could have a decent discution on that subject with you.

As I said in the last bread, I don't really think witch is bad, but come on, France has made far better stuff and you are glorifying this boring piece of shit when there are better frog shows we would be watching right now.

Attached: even more cute eyes nikki.jpg (949x1024, 34K)

I fucking hate japan toons and I can't fucking stand weebs and even I must admit Nips are pretty good making girl shows.

Attached: Unconfortable Nikki.png (213x291, 65K)

>fantastic
>Japan
I look for japshit when I want to fap, not when I'm looking for anything approaching a good story.

Try Princess Tutu (aka Guitar Ninjas). It's Grumpy Jiisan approved and essentially the only anime that Yea Forums unanimously likes.

Attached: a weg princess tutu.jpg (1008x403, 139K)

Yes and that's why we love her

Attached: WITCH_H-22.jpg (640x480, 26K)

Stop. You will only hurt this show reputation.

No. I can't fucking stand limited animation, and since it's japanese I know It would be filled with mediocre animation and mouths animated with only two frames, so I pass.

Even the most mediocre canadian toon can do the mouths right.

Attached: 359e30ecbc30e380eaed0bd67eefdb2bb43a6282fd53fe14ae9d784162e5e8d2.png (555x518, 145K)

W.i.t.c.h. was fine as a tv show, the comic relief witty retort goblin needs to fuck off forever, I read the comics nearly 20 years ago and they were mighty fine, I still have my Heart of Kandrakar around boxes of stuff. The series stops holding up after Nerissa hits in which is a fucking shame, the betrayal and murder of Cassidy started fine but it was pretty obvious how it'd play. Orube was a fucking poochie, but Taranee leaving was fine, she never really did anything around except be a 40 year old nagging woman in a fairy suit.

Attached: images (7).jpg (640x480, 26K)

I thought the only thing that Yea Forums universally liked was Studio Ghibli and Dungeon Meshi.

Attached: 7865.png (500x517, 182K)

Fuck off it’s purely italian

>I have entire essays on the show
Good for you, doesn't mean your show is all that great.

Neither was good.
Both are simply trash.
Though even though I hate Winx with a burning passion, I respect it more than W.I.T.C.H, because it managed to earn the creator tons of money.

So much this

Taranee was suppose to be the Brainy Smurf of the team.

Anyway I don't find the art style too appealing, I've seen far better art styles.
I've also watched far better fantasy cartoons.

Witch tried to do the generic brown and yellow dark ages fantasy similar to Elder Scrolls, Gothic, Mythic, LOTR and a few others.

Only thing I liked about this show were the monsters in it like the cave full of living sand. The world design didn't have an impact. And the characters and villains were extremely incompetent for comfort.
The comic books had better banter, relationshits and a decent Elyon arc.

Couldn't stand season 2 the same way I couldn't stand ATOM season 2.
I hate it when they create an evil team counterpath while removing the endless armies of mooks and the big bad boss.
I also hate it when they do more mental fighting as opposed to physical fighting and when the action happens in the modern world as opposed to the fantasy world.
I distinctly remember season 2 having the parents, families and the villains getting too involved in the characters personal life problems and said life problems and real world logic being written as the primary conflicts.

Whew...

Attached: [ValdikSS] W.I.T.C.H. 2x09 I is for Illusion.mkv_snapshot_04.57_[2019.05.20_04.54.53].png (720x576, 525K)

ALL of the scripts were written by Americans (experienced writers at that). Storyboards and music were done in Paris. There was virtually zero Italian involvement in the actual show.

Mind talking about the show, as opposed to the comics?

Fucking shit you have horribly retarded opinions on literally everything, I don't even know where to begin.

I might be wrong, but didn't the comic went of the rails after a while? I think they went on tour at some point.

It derailed after the 6th arc (which is the last one to have an official English translation to date - coincidentally or not).

Meanwhile the show started out strong (don't listen to the haters) and got better almost linearly to the point that I'm not even sure "mindblowingly brilliant" does the finale justice.

Best post

Literally the worst post ITT. The only thing worse than popularity equals quality is money equals quality.

Nah, I like her because she's literally the best mockery/subversion of the alpha bitch and valley girl stereotypes I've ever seen in any medium.
Normally I fucking hate the bitchy girl characters.

>No. I can't fucking stand limited animation
then why are you watching french cartoons?

That reminds me of this official W.I.T.C.H. music video: youtube.com/watch?v=sbiZqkr-d68

Where did he say he was? He claims to hate this show

But in any case W.I.T.C.H. has some of the most fluid animation of any cartoon, it even beats ATLA's outside of choreography.

Too late. He's done for W.I.T.C.H. what Famicom did for TMS and Animaniacs.

>then why are you watching french cartoons?
Not him, but:
youtu.be/2xp22IYL2uU

Attached: blacked1.png (1006x1308, 965K)

Bellisimo

Princess Tutu is like #2 on my list of things that are way better than they look.

Are their legs melting?

Gobelins? That's the school the first season W.I.T.C.H. director graduated from, and probably others in the crew as well.

Doesn't happen in the cartoon. Yet another reason the show is so much better

What's number one?

For any rational animation fan it should be this show, although that applies only to the "girly" premise and not the incredibly high-quality art.

Disney didn't make it tho, it just aired it. Wasn't it some frenchie company who made it?

I am curious WITCHfag, do you have any other shows you like besides WITCH?

I mean, everyone has their one show that they are a-ok to watch again, but is hard to think you like anything else when you label every other show people suggest as trash.

You're very bad at selling the show, man. You're always saying that the show is sublime and fantastic but you never give much details on why.

Like? Try picking a character and then explain why that character is so good. Maybe that way you can get people to watch it.

Also, before you go full angry mode I watch it and I had fun. Just not my cup of tea, I guess. Still pretty good. But you really need to work on your pitch skills.

Corneila and Peter is way better than her and Caleb.

Attached: 155854654321.png (1024x768, 921K)

Fpbp

I missed you but I hope you die or lose your limbs soon.

Attached: 1542185031317.png (1324x892, 161K)

Attached: fag.jpg (600x600, 51K)

>do you have any other shows you like
I have an entire chart newfriend

Attached: The Greatest Cartoons Ever Made.png (1920x1440, 2.97M)

Winx is better

>Disney didn't make it tho, it just aired it.
See pic related
>Wasn't it some frenchie company who made it?
Yes - of which Disney also owned 49%. But that's more of an aside.

Attached: W.I.T.C.H. Disney.png (768x576, 257K)

Honestly Megas and Duck Dodgers are on a tier of their own.

Fuck it DD is probably among the very best in 3 decades.

But I have seen you shit-talk Avatar all the time in these threads?

I always assumed it was made by the same company that made Totally Spies and Martin Mystery which I'm pretty sure aren't disney-owned but I was mistaken. Carry on

Honestly my experience with WITCH boils down to reading the first English novelization, liking it, then watching the TV show when it finally came out and being mildly disappointed in the first episode and uninterested in it as it went on. Maybe I'll try picking up the original comics again though.

>But I have seen you shit-talk Avatar all the time in these threads?
Because it's overhyped, and not even in the same ballpark as W.I.T.C.H. On top of that it's incredibly similar to W.I.T.C.H. in so many ways that it makes for an excellent comparison - the absolute best is unpopular, but a very similar show that isn't nearly as good is vastly more popular.

It's still the second-best cartoon ever, though only marginally better than Teen Titans.

>Megas and Duck Dodgers
They're very cleverly written but suffer from a severe lack of continuity, and being overly comedic at times.

If you noticed, all the top 4 on my chart are highly continuous series. Megas comes in at number 5.

>no Metal
>no Wood

B-bros...

No W.I.T.C.H.FAG, no I won't. It will only support your delusions which you should seek help for

>Like? Try picking a character and then explain why that character is so good. Maybe that way you can get people to watch it.
I told you, I have entire essays on this show.

>Speaking of character, this - and here's an incredibly unpopular opinion! - is where the first season truly shone, and indeed outshone the second. Now, a basic summary of the five main characters (all girls) would run something like this: the overconfident leader; the comic relief; the shy nerd; the space case; and the valley girl. Thing is, none of them ever even come close to assuming these overused, cliched, stereotypical cartoon roles. In fact one of the most interesting things about the show as a whole, but especially the first season, is how the writing almost seemed to make an outright mockery of them!

>The valley girl (who got the most criticism by far from fans of the comics who watched the first episode or so and assumed she had been adapted into an actual one) never rejected anyone socially in the entire series and hung out with the other girls as just another member of the group, spending an entire episode dealing with her feelings over a disagreement that caused her to seemingly lose one friend, and that threatened her deep connection to the team as a whole.

>The space case is no less intelligent or even perceptive than the other girls, and hardly even uses outright sarcasm less than the rest of them - which is very jarring for a viewer who expects her to fall into that character role. She just acts less mature and more childlike at certain moments, but this never affects a mission.

(to be continued)

(continued)

>The shy nerd is neither that shy, nor that nerdy. Though unlike many supposed "intelligent" characters in other cartoons she does get the lion's share of eureka moments grounded in real-world knowledge. But, for example, in battle strategy she is no different from the other 3 girls in playing distant second fiddle to the leader. As for her shyness, it's the subject of the occasional joke in the first few episodes (and even in those she doesn't show it that much), then essentially dropped.

>The comic relief would be more accurately described as the happy-go-lucky character, or even better the snark knight of the group. She's always there to lighten the mood, yes, but she's also always there - as a full-fledged participant in their missions, not a funny load. And on top of that, sarcasm is her go-to humor, though she makes plenty of other jokes throughout the series.

>The overconfident leader... both are actually true in this case, but those are hardly bad traits. On the other hand, many other stories (not even just TV series) fall into the unfortunate trap of making the main character the least interesting, often by inadvertently giving them a bland personality. Suffice it to say that this show avoids this problem with flying colors. The leader and main character here has if anything the most developed personality in the entire show, if only due to screentime.

I prefer the comic's art by a mile, and some of the powers that are exclusive to it. I couldn't get past the guitar riffs in the cartoon, it was like watching something with a laugh track.

Actually I'll also add this:
>Of course, there are the other major characters to consider as well. There's the male rebel, whose role in the story is so greatly expanded and well-integrated that even many of the haters concede this one point in favor of the show. There's the mentor character, whose role is also significantly expanded and who unlike mentors in other cartoons largely lets the girls figure things out for themselves, generally only offering advice when they need specific knowledge she has. There's the other major male character, who also subverts cartoon expectations in how he stumbles into the spotlight (almost literally) by the end of the season. There's the plot-critical character who's pretty much a walking spoiler but rivals the main girls in depth of characterization. And finally - on the heroic side, that is - there's the one character who is absolutely despised by comics fans, yet objectively brilliant: a "small, annoying creature" who has a very distinct personality and is genuinely useful to have around. (Animated movies, more so than TV series, should really take note of this last point.)

(to be continued)

>makes all these posts
>still never makes a convincing argument for the cartoon being better than the comic

(continued)

>Where the second season struggled a bit relative to the first was characterization. One of the issues that led to this was the tendency of season 2 to have episodes focused on the development of a particular character. While a noble goal, it's also a very dangerous one for writing quality. In general, character development is deeply overrated - and should be used only sparingly, not seen as an standard to achieve for a "quality" work. Misapplied, it can not only ruin the flow of the story, but also derail the very characterization writers think they are improving. Ironically enough (for the fans who criticize the first season for this), in this season the main girls almost seem to start to take those stereotypes they had so brilliantly rejected in season 1 seriously, veering away at the last minute and avoiding a writing disaster that would have turned a mind-blowing show into a trainwreck. This is particularly evident in the sequence of episodes running from N to R, which almost seem to take turns in asking the question for each of the 5 girls: "What if she actually were a walking cliche?" (It does make for an intriguing thought experiment, at least.)

>>still never makes a convincing argument for the cartoon being better than the comic
I've got that covered too actually. Though I don't like to rag on the comics too much since I actually like them and they're kind of underappreciated too, so it's not very long:

>Before analyzing the show, it is instructive to look at the source material: the comics. Frequently praised as "darker" and "more mature" than the show, what they actually contain is an incredible amount of slice-of-life drama alongside the mystical adventure they are largely known for. Yet even said adventure features numerous inconsistencies in plot, character, and overall tone - writing fails, in other words. That's not to mention the artwork, which is near-universally agreed upon as "far better" than the cartoon's. The difference is actually exactly the same as that between manga and anime - in fact, the comics and cartoon were specifically patterned after the respective Japanese mediums. None of this is to say that the comics aren't great in and of themselves of course - it's just that the show is objectively better, not worse!

>Outside the United States, in which the original comics were barely known to begin with, the animated series gained a very significant hatedom, in fact quite possibly the largest of any major animated adaptation. The problem? It dared to make changes to the beloved comics that had taken much of the world by storm. Little attention was paid to whether those changes were good or bad, and when discussion did get that far they were generally assumed to be negative without further elaboration. The fact that the showrunners (particularly those for the first season of the show, Andrew Nicholls and Darrell Vickers, who were naturally responsible for most of the changes from the comics) actually communicated with the fans and laid out their reasoning online while the show was airing did not seem to help.

>considers this a convincing argument

Attached: 1547511393947.jpg (960x843, 110K)

Your essay is shit, sorry to tell you this.

You keep doing this. Your explanations are way too vague; It's more praise than explanation.

If you wanna pitch it right you gotta go for the lower denominator and give straight points.

That's why I'm saying: Pick a single character for example, by name, and explain me WHY he or she is the greatest.

Did you read the first line? I'm not going to trash the comics like you seem to want. It's bad enough I did that to Avatar, which at least has so much popularity already that it's pretty much immune.

If you want some major examples though (only the ones that should already be obvious), just look at what happened in the middle of the first arc, when literally everything changed in mid-story due to a change of writers. Or the horrible idea of suddenly revealing one of the girls was actually adopted for drama - an idea the writers thought was so great they did it twice! Or the fact that the girls HAVE WINGS yet CANNOT FLY (and the fact that they can actually fly in the show is often used as an argument against the cartoon which makes me irrationally angry)

And then there's the whole Cornelia romance thing that I already mentioned, of course.

>I always assumed it was made by the same company that made Totally Spies and Martin Mystery
That's quite insulting. That company's style may look animesque too but it's cheap as fuck and nowhere near as refined. (I can only imagine how much Disney invested in this series back when they had more competent management.)

They're the exact same elements as in Avatar even including "energy" so what's the problem?

Give the show another chance, user. At least watch the first 4 episodes. Episode 4 was when I first realized the show was something truly special.

So a lot. Thanks.

Whah?

I assumed it was like the big budget project of that company.

For what it's worth I liked it, user

>another chance
I said "as it went on". I looked up the episode descriptions to try to see where it stopped getting familiar and I'm certain I stopped at around 7. I will definitely concede that the fourth episode was the one I remembered being the best of those, but it felt more like an exception to the quality, not the standard, and it wasn't enough to hold my interest.

Dude, why the fuck are you so obnoxious and defensive?
Why do you always have the same arguments (i.e. "nuh-uh", just watch it/you haven't watched it, better than atla when no one was talking about atla, "magnum opus" and reeeeeeeee, just to name a few from the top of my head) and the few that get the bait, you immediately rain hellfire on their asses( Why did you ask the user who couldn't be bothered to post a high-quality pic?)?
Chill the fuck out, fag. No one owes you anything, retarded russian spamming bot, especially when you refuse to even pretend to try conversing like a well-adjusted human being and even more so after all these failed attempts. Fucking drop dead, slavnigger.

Attached: sf.jpg (762x1049, 128K)

The first episode felt rushed as fuck to me. It did have some good ideas, like training in your newfound skills instead of immediately being a master, but that'a about it. I liked it, nevertheless.

LIAR!!1

Attached: corny 5.png (250x250, 148K)

OK, fucker. You want spoilers, I'll give you spoilers. Let's take Cornelia, not because she's the greatest (that's Will) but she's the most vivid example like I said and I sure ain't working any harder to find points for your ungrateful ass.

From her introduction in the very first episode, she walks and talks like a self-centered alpha bitch/valley girl that you know from every other cartoon ever. She's incredibly rude, first to Will calling her the "new girl", then to Hay Lin's grandma when she tries to leave right before their powers are introduced, then to Hay Lin herself about her grandma, and at the end to Will again when she blames her for their failure - and that last remark actually visibly hurts Will.

BUT throughout the very same first episode you should be able to tell there's something weird going on with her character already (again speaking in reference to other shows). First of all, she starts off the episode hanging out with the other girls (minus newcomer Will). We see all 4 of them in a picture first, and then she's with the other two trying to fix their science project. There's no reference to her being rich, or even popular for that matter.

When she insults Will the first time, the other two girls quickly shut her up. Then when they all come over to Hay Lin's place and Cornelia starts talking about herself, Irma makes fun of her for doing it - not once but twice. When she tries to leave, the grandma barely lifts a finger and she sits back down. When she seriously hurts Will's feelings at the end of the episode, that's the first time we see Irma (who defended Will before) genuinely angry.

(to be continued)

>he falls for it again
Every time.

He's talking about the show. You're thinking about the comics.

based

Attached: VerifiableOilyGrayling-mobile.jpg (480x368, 17K)

>NOW
as opposed to the 5 million other times you asked? what makes now different?

literally drop dead

huh

cornelia+my penis would be ideal though

Holy Christ is that a bad troll.

Is trolling a lost art?

Underwater effect.

W.I.T.C.H. made me genuinely wish I was back in middle school so I could beat off to the girls w/o shame and guilt.

you're sad

(continued)

All of that is already head and shoulders above other cartoons. But it's still not quite about Cornelia herself - that starts in the second part of this two-part pilot. When Will gets captured by the enemy, she's the one who's concerned about missing school on picture day and all that... Or at least she says she is, as in reality when they get to the portal she's clearly scared and doesn't want to go until the other girls (in her own words) guilt her into it by giving her the "option" of leaving (that's clever writing in itself btw). She says she doesn't want to go last since she knows she'll probably chicken out, so Irma pushes her in.

Now to be fair she's disgusted at the muck water they fall into etc., like a typical girl concerned about her looks. But then once they reach an impassable obstacle you see her becoming more and more excited about the mission - she's the one who figures out how to use her powers (which she's had basically zero practice with) to get across, she tells Will "of course" they really were her friends without the slightest bit of hesitation (which is also really funny), she flirts with the rebel leader who they just rescued along with Will, and fully joins in in the group hug the girls have at the end of the episode, when they celebrate their victory.

But even all of that is still just prologue. It's in episode 4 where Cornelia finally shows her true colors. She hears about the birthday party that Will doesn't want, and takes it upon herself to make one for her with NOTHING in it for herself (other than enjoying parties in general I guess). On top of that, she's the one who notices Will's huge thing about frogs and decides to make the party frog-themed, which even the "brainy" Taranee missed. She also shows her levelheadedness in explaining to Caleb (who she's crushing on) that he shouldn't act like a rebel on Earth. For all that and more it's one of my absolute favorite episodes in the entire show.

>The first episode felt rushed as fuck to me.
That's actually one thing that shocked me about the series when I started watching it - because I loved it so much!

Basically every other cartoon ever with a continuing storyline starts off nice and slow because we have to gently introduce our obviously moronic audience to the plot, setting, and characters. It's unbelievably irritating, especially for an adult viewer.

W.I.T.C.H. says "fuck that", takes the minimum amount of time needed to set things up and drops you right into the action as soon as possible. Even in later episodes, the show rarely bothers with "proper" character introductions. I've seen complaints about that too, but again it was a huge but incredibly pleasant surprise for me when I watched the series for the first time.

Ah, the days where shipping is a thing but wasn't too rubbed in our faces.

Shipping wasn't really a thing with W.I.T.C.H., unless you count the degenerates. Unlike pretty much every other cartoon with romance the relationships here were incredibly well-written and left little room for fans, except maybe during early season 1.

Attached: First W.I.T.C.H. kisses.png (1536x1152, 1.52M)

Sounds like a typical "Defrosting ice queen" scenario to me. Not sure why is it so special.

>Sounds like a typical "Defrosting ice queen" scenario to me.
It's not, stop reading so much TV Tropes. Defrosting ice queen is like Pacifica from Gravity Falls, and it's a retarded form of "character development" used by hack writers. We're supposed to excuse this character for being an absolute bitch to everyone before simply because now she deems them worthy enough to be nice to them.

The main point here is that Cornelia was not like that FROM THE START. She was putting up a facade. And *that* is something I have definitely never seen in another cartoon at all (though it does bring to mind the famous end quote from The Social Network).

I said default, user.

Attached: 1553298331446.png (768x576, 292K)

Does anyone actually read threads before posting in them anymore? Or is that a lost art?

>as opposed to the 5 million other times you asked? what makes now different?
Lurk Yea Forums more often, you fucking newfag.

He thinks it was SVTFOE's fault that we weren't watching his precious show.
As for me, I refuse to watch it just because of his insufferable persistence to try and get us to join his little clubhouse.

I’m going to watch it just to dab on WITCHFAG into oblivion with a copypasta on why it’s bad. Enough is enough.

If it turns out to actually be good i’ve won either way

>He thinks it was SVTFOE's fault that we weren't watching his precious show.
I never said that, I just think after that disaster Yea Forums might finally want to give a strange user's favorite show a chance. Who knows? Horror of horrors, you may actually like it.
>As for me, I refuse to watch it just because of his insufferable persistence to try and get us to join his little clubhouse.
Except that had I not been posting about it here you'd never have watched it either, and probably didn't even know the show existed before I started. Admit it, faggot

I'm always up for a "challenge" like that user. Feel free to do your worst - but tell the truth.

(Now, when an user writes something like that and just never gets back to me at all, I can't tell if they're a coward who actually liked the show but is scared to say so, or just a troll.)

Might take me a bit depending on how long the show is, but you’ll know it’s me when you see a WITCH thread not started by you. I’ll be perfectly honest.

Oh uh, am I supposed to watch this in french or english?

I tried one episode was too girly for me. Reminded me of sailor Moon which I didn't like too

Please kill yourself. Your show is shit and no one likes you.

Remember Phobos and the love with the blonde girl he had with? Xute

>Oh uh, am I supposed to watch this in french or english?
English is the original, because every episode was written by Americans, and the animatics were synced to the US voices.

Just grab it from the link in the OP though, everywhere else has it in terrible quality. Or I can give you a MEGA if you want

It has literally nothing in common with Sailor Moon besides the general magical girl tropes (and even then they're different)

And the "girliness" is very much subverted, it's one of the things I really like about the show actually.

This. WITCHfag has set expectations for this show so retardedly high it is impossible for the actual show to live up to them, so why bother watching it?

>It has literally nothing in common with Sailor Moon
There was one of the WITCH production staff that was present in a french discussion video about animation one year ago and he literally described WITCH I quote, "a low rent sailor moon ripoff".

>There was one of the WITCH production staff that was present in a french discussion video about animation one year ago and he literally described WITCH I quote, "a low rent sailor moon ripoff".
Link? I don't believe you. Show me this video.

Nah, reading is thousand times better than watching

Witch comic tags report! The comic was better but everything after ragorland was shit

Show-and-comic-fag reporting, you're completely right (and also the show goblin should go and stay go)

Comicfags OUT

I may like the comics, but I fucking hate you guys.

>youtube.com/watch?v=bQTaUo7TlCk
near the end, when they're trying to determine the shittiest series they've worked on.

Yes, we know user, but that's a real low bar
>Generic bad western anime girls
When will you get a trip code so I can filter your shitty post? Like, if you let people filter your post you can have a thread with only people who don't want you dead. Wouldn't you like that?

Attached: Shiggy-Diggy Doo.jpg (700x700, 175K)

what an absolutely based gentleman

more conerlia images pls

I already provided one though:

I want to, but it's hard to get past the barbie adventures opening.

>DUCK
>FUCKING
>DODGERS
I forgot. I forgot about this beautiful gem.

I really want to reach the w.i.t.c.h comics. Anyone has torrent or something for those?

I remember fapping to my little sisters monthly w.i.t.c.h comics after she was done reading them.

some of us did.

I enjoy it and I don't care for that fucking faggot Witchfag because of how insane he is. He hates SpongeBob from episode 1, he cannot enjoy a single fucking Canadian cartoon (not even fucking Arthur), he treats opinions like facts, he contradicts people's low quality images with high quality images

I would change "DO NOT WATCH WITCH" to "Do not watch W.I.T.C.H. like WITCHfag does"

>barbie adventures opening
Pretty sure you watched Winx instead of W.I.T.C.H., well either that or the Italian opening.

this

>he cannot enjoy a single fucking Canadian cartoon
I enjoy quite a few OBSCURE Canadian cartoons - that most of Yea Forums doesn't even remember exist let alone watch.

Of course, none of them come close to the quality level of but then very few shows do by definition.

But the irony is that Caleb later falls in love with Queen Elyon Cornelia's best friend, who turns out to be much smaller since Cornelia was 14 and Elyon 12, finally, Cornelia gives them their blessing and in a comic, they become a couple

>So Caleb ends up with a girl, who is probably the love of his life because he is younger and then ends up dating his best friend who is much younger

Attached: EC-56.jpg (900x1365, 264K)

So dumb his first love for a powerful Loli
>Hell yeah!

His girlfriend got blacked so obtain a queen loli

A few good anime, yes, but also piles of shitty shoujo romances and bland magical girls.

Your "quote" is fake as fuck. He did compare W.I.T.C.H. to Sailor Moon, but he did NOT say "a low-rent ripoff".

Also he was just a boarder, not a writer, so I wouldn't give a flying fuck about his opinion on writing quality anyways.

what are their names?

I acually did know the show existed. Watched a few episodes when I was a kid, but never got around to picking it up again.

*actually
Fuck.

It really bothered me that the tv show didn't continue.

used in that context in french "pseudo" is absolutely meaning ripoff in a demeaning way. And it is the series that comes to his mind when being asked about shitty series he worked on.

Also you may not be aware but over the last ten years boarders have taken over most o the writing duties and are basically the most influential persons over a given episode so his opinion is very relevant

Why don’t you just watch anime?

Clear off!

Attached: Clear off out of it you little sausage.gif (480x270, 166K)

Glad you admitted you lied when you said that you were quoting him.

>over the last ten years boarders have taken over most of the writing duties
Which is THE main reason ALL current cartoons are absolute trash (even SJWism pales in comparison). So no, boarders' opinions on writing are still worth jack shit.

I'm so fucking glad W.I.T.C.H. came out in the greatest era of cartoons, the mid-2000s. Even if it could've become more "popular" today.

Glad I found out the Script-drivenfag is Witchfag so I can discredit you. Both styles have their place for certain shows.

>Glad I found out the Script-drivenfag is Witchfag so I can discredit you.
Glad you admitted to using ad homs as your weapon of choice you low-IQ faggot. Btw I'm not the only one who rails against board-driven shows on here

>Both styles have their place for certain shows.
No they fucking don't. If you think they do you just haven't found good enough writers for your show, who can adapt to your needs.

That's not to say all board-driven shows are bad (offer only valid for shows before this decade), but any and all of them could have been improved with proper scripts.

You're literally defending corporate cheapness, if you think execs adopted board-driven as a result of John K.'s rants you're naive as fuck.

A complete misrepresentation of the facts.

>50’s - 80’s television animation was ACTUALLY less cheap and cost cutting than 90’s stuff, trust me!

Fuck outta here. Comedy shows and gag shows work better as board driven cartoons. Action shows and plot/drama shows work better script driven.

>A complete misrepresentation of the facts.
Funny, that's what your shitpost did. Because I did NOT say it was the only factor influencing quality - that would be absolutely retarded.

80s cartoons sucked because they were mass produced toy commercials, an affliction which any type of show can suffer from unfortunately. 90s toons were way too "experimental" to be high quality, etc.

>Comedy shows and gag shows work better as board driven cartoons.
You do realize you need great writers to WRITE great jokes... right? Fucking shit, W.I.T.C.H. itself demonstrates that - the comedy in season 1 was impeccable largely because the showrunners were professional comedy writers (unlike Weisman).

>90’s cartoons were too experimental
Yup, it’s a case of terminal shit taste.

Are you implying Looney Tunes had no great jokes?

>It really bothered me that the tv show didn't continue.
It's unfortunate for popularity reasons but I almost feel guilty complaining about it, because the finale and really the entire final arc was so unbelievably good that I am not at all sure it could be topped even theoretically.

No other cartoon ending can hold a candle to Z is for Zenith. Not Sozin's Comet. Not Weirdmageddon. Not Things Change (or Titans Together for that matter). All great endings in their own rights, but not even close.

On top of that, unlike season 1 the second season ended with a tease directly from the comics. So there isn't even a cliffhanger really - sure we'll never know exactly what Weisman would have changed (though given what he's said lately I'm not sure I would've wanted to) but there's more than enough info in the source material to satisfy all but the most demanding fan.

In fact I'll even add that, had the show not had that bit in there, it would've been like the girls' adventures ended forever, the magic is gone (cough) etc. There's quite a few people who thought so anyways, but this way it's much clearer that their Guardian lives are only beginning at the end of the series.

In short, I feel ungrateful for wanting more after having been treated to the magnum opus of Western animation beyond my wildest cartoon-watching dreams for so many years.

>Why don’t you just watch anime?
Because I'm neither Japanese, nor a weeb.

I identify with Western, well really European culture. And there's no better show for that than W.I.T.C.H., the ultimate example of a true international co-production yet with such finely tuned characterization and overall depth you'd think Euros wrote the scripts.

>Are you implying Looney Tunes had no great jokes?
Re-read my post over here >That's not to say all board-driven shows are bad (offer only valid for shows before this decade), but any and all of them could have been improved with proper scripts.

In fact Looney Tunes is an EXCELLENT example - I mean, I really like some of the classic shorts, but I fucking love Duck Dodgers (the series). Not sure if it's technically script-driven, but it certainly has far more scripting.

>Duck Dodgers is better than the classic Looney Tunes shorts in terms of comedy

Opinion discredited into the fucking sun.

I didn't say it had better comedy specifically user. Indeed compared to something like the original Duck Dodgers short perhaps it does not, though on average it certainly does - just consider how many bad/unfunny Looney Tunes shorts there were back in the day.

But it's better OVERALL. Here's a quote (not from me) you may find informative:
>There's been a general trend over the years toward greater genre integration and less speciation. People like their comedy to have plot, their drama to have comedy, their action to have a bit of highbrow, their science fiction to be a bit more grounded in reality. I think, as such, Duck Dodgers did a masterful job straddling this fence.

>Weeeell on AVERAGE

Fuck off.

Right, I've had just about enough of you too troll. So you fuck off with your piss-poor excuses for "arguments" where you don't even bother responding to most of my posts

Also, learn the difference between "overall" and "average" while you're away.

Ok, might as well watch old jetix stuff and feel like a kid

Thunderbirds are Go is superior to this sailor moon ripoff.

Attached: TAG S2.jpg (1280x1913, 718K)

>anyone I don’t like is a troll
Yawn

>She was putting up a facade
Just like Pacifica then.

>Anyone who says that is just a mindless hater
Good job invalidating any point you may have had.

>Just like Pacifica then.
Yeah... no. You're either trolling or retarded.

There's a fine line between criticism and trolling. The vast majority of "criticism" of W.I.T.C.H. falls on the wrong side of that line.

But if you'd like to actually explain why you think it was "less than satisfactory", be my guest. Just be prepared for your shitty points to be ripped apart of course

I'm neither. I just have better taste in shows than you do.

That's not specific enough. Write me a 20 page essay about how the first character isn't a trope citing at minimum twenty 5 minute long scenes, that'll proceed to say isn't specific enough anyway

Attached: 1553446910336.jpg (317x284, 24K)

Not sure if you're parodying me or just making fun of the other user, but you're doing a pretty good job of it whatever it is.
Also this thread is absolutely full of great digits...

>I just have better taste in shows than you do.
Unless you too recognize W.I.T.C.H. as the magnum opus of Western animation that it is - no.

I'm willing to consider I might be wrong on the rankings of other series, but not this one. Not by a long shot. It's objectively superior.

>anime ripoff
>Magnum Opus

Attached: bringin the laffs.jpg (500x565, 88K)

All the best cartoons are animesque you fucking retard: W.I.T.C.H., Avatar, Teen Titans, TMNT '03

And it's not a fucking ripoff if it does its own thing

>Those
>Good
only faggots like those shows, real men with taste and culture watch Steven Universe.

Attached: robert webb has a giggle.jpg (171x278, 11K)

Your trolling is too transparent now.

>imagine being this delusional that when some user tells him the truth he thinks they're trolling

He's not wrong. You're just retarded.

Samefagging is frowned upon here, you know.

Hay Lin best girl. Gave me a fetish for modest chest sizes and she can even make twintails look good.

She's got like the biggest boobs in the show tho
>and she can even make twintails look good.
You're not wrong there. Fuck, even TV Tropes noticed it

Attached: Hay Lin twintails.png (768x576, 638K)

Susan and Will Vandom are incestuous lesbians.

>Orube was a poochie
I was on the fence about her to begin with but I liked her a lot more on a second read through. And her standalone comic was solid. Though I totally get why people didn't like her.

>W.IT.C.H. thread
>Serious lack of anything Irma related.

WITCHfag, do something about it.

Attached: 1529485790842.jpg (200x196, 7K)

Your wish is my command, fellow W.I.T.C.H. fan.

Attached: Irma Lair.png (768x576, 543K)

Here's another you ungrateful user

Attached: Irma pink.png (768x576, 414K)

I like WITCH, but you're taking it too far, user.
Will is unironically best girl

I watched W.I.T.C.H already you faggot. Stop fucking posting about ti, you want my review of it? Heres my review of it.

It's a good show, one of the best shows that aired on Jetix, it has a nice premises with interesting and unique characters and visual designs for both the overworld and the underworld. The animation and OST's are great, and the visuals look amazing.
Is it better then some of the other Jetix shows though? The answer is No.
Several shows do what W.IT.C.H did way better
Get Ed,
SRMTHFG
Oban Star Racers
and Ying Yang Yo
were all better shows then W.IT.C.H was. But perhaps that was the best part about Jetix is that it rarely had any bad shows.
Now fuck off with reposting this shit.

this
paragraph incoming

No paragraph, sorry to disappoint you.

Jetixfags are almost as delusional as comicsfags, so there's generally little point in arguing with them. If you're gonna tell me with a straight face that anything non-Oban (which is anime) is in the same galaxy quality-wise you need serious help.

And that's coming from someone who greatly respects Jetix - to the point of considering it Disney's best brand ever, period.

Oban is a french cartoon user.
t. Obanfag
Also Jetix had a great line up, it had 3 of the best power rangers series, and had several god tier cartoons to boot.
But maybe thats because it didnt really have a lot of shows to begin with.

Please kill yourself back to tv tropes

I'm not from TV Tropes retard

ITT an user has a way unhealthy obsession with a show. it's in in own level. The other anons here are feeding into that obsession because it's fun to watch someone sperg out over something that's actually not anything more than some show that came out to sell toys

Get the fuck out of my threads you piece of shit and never come back.
To other anons: W.I.T.C.H. basically didn't have toys. Human garbage here doesn't have a clue.

It had dolls in various sizes of all of the main cast which is a pretty standard toy line.

It's toyetic garbage

Attached: Taranee48.jpg (960x1280, 311K)