Name a better scene from a Disney movie than the hydra battle

Name a better scene from a Disney movie than the hydra battle.
I fucking dare you.

Attached: hercules-hydra-02cropped.jpg (487x435, 32K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CU-NDxiWz40
youtube.com/watch?v=-M6UYwaYRqw
m.youtube.com/watch?v=UacUR7bPnMM
youtube.com/watch?v=-coYU-INP3E
youtube.com/watch?v=zL0Pw-bHmiM
m.youtube.com/watch?v=bUH2RDdOxMY
youtube.com/watch?v=U0FRd8BbRW4
youtube.com/watch?v=AARl1cMxS9w
youtube.com/watch?v=Pa0lMzaljTk
youtu.be/7sotIsQ4-Gg?t=27
youtube.com/watch?v=6YsFXMBOfJw
youtube.com/watch?v=ltUKj_BFO2w
youtube.com/watch?v=lSsx0PC5yrk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The clock tower sequence in The Great Mouse Detective.

The Hellfire musical number

See the lights from tangled

the moana reprise where she takes the boat out these are all great scenes

The leopard fight from Tarzan, where Tarzan kills Sabor

youtube.com/watch?v=CU-NDxiWz40

This. I can't even fathom Disney of today making something like this.

Attached: Hellfire.png (1366x768, 519K)

Aloha Oe.

Attached: lilo_nani.jpg (1280x758, 141K)

fpbp

The fight scene at the end of Tarzan

Based and redpilled

>that badly aged CGI

This whole movie is way too real for Disney

It hasn't aged badly at all.

>BE A MAAAN

>the gashes on his chest suddenly disappear for rest of the scene
What did they mean by this?

The only CGI that’s aged well it Rango which just keeps on looking better every year it exists

Attached: image.jpg (768x433, 225K)

None.

The hydra scene solidified Hercules as the only Disney movie that reached peak kino.

Like all orphan anime protags, he has unnatural healing ability.

Jasmin getting 'enthralled' by Jafar
She looked good in red
Or did you mean a better scene when I'm not thinking with my dick?
In that case in DuckTales the Movie: Treasure of the Lost Lamp when the money bin gets transformed into Merlock's new base

perfect isn't easy was my favourite, even as a kid i recognized keane genius
youtube.com/watch?v=-M6UYwaYRqw

m.youtube.com/watch?v=UacUR7bPnMM

Attached: maxresdefault (2).jpg (1280x720, 98K)

Does it have to be an action scene? Cause I love the spaghetti scene from Lady and the Tramp. And Meg's song in the same movie.

Todd, Copper, and Amos vs. the Bear from THE FOX AND THE HOUND

This movie too

Attached: SevereUntimelyDunlin-small.gif (327x251, 970K)

The entirety of Lilo & Stitch, really. I don't think that movie has a single bad scene. Or even a single bad piece of dialogue.

But if we're JUST comparing fight scenes, the Tarzan Sabor scene is a lot cooler than the Hydra fight.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 72K)

Shit that's amazing. I wonder if we'll ever get to see more of that kind of animation again from Disney.

The scene in Pinocchio where he and Geppetto escape from Monstro is incredibly impressive considering the film's age.

Surprised nobody mentioned the iconic sleeping beauty climax.

Your taste in scenes legit scares me.

Attached: 9733D18E-6133-4EB9-837C-3E7449988EFF.jpg (850x400, 45K)

the movie came out in 1996 you fucking zoomer, "Disney of today" is more or less the same studio. Do you think they just do a complete purge every 5 years and replace everyone that works there? sure the CEO is different now but that was just Eisner -> Iger and happened back in 2005

Don't get me wrong, I love all of HoND's numbers, but I'm surprised people have such a hard on for Hellfire over God Save the Outcasts.

Attached: god-1.png (1076x593, 604K)

The Hellfire number is the ONLY reason people remember that film.

You don't think that the quality and direction of a studio can change over the course of twenty years?

God Save the Outcasts and the whole intro sequence were great, but Hellfire has everything I could want from an animated villain's song.

Throwing my hat into the ring on behalf of a highly underapreciated movie, The Rescuers Down Under. The opening credits zooming over the fields set the tone and then, a little later on, we get this:
youtube.com/watch?v=-coYU-INP3E

God Save The Outcasts is great, but it's a little too blatant in being an Oscar Bait song

though really pretty much all of Hunchback is great except for that one really crappy song involving the Gargoyles*

*the Gargoyle trio in general were mediocre at best, but that scene in particular is just amazingly awful

The gargoyles might have been salvageable if they were all a tragic Gollum style hallucination of Quasimodo's, but sadly they're just magic comic relief for the kiddies to offset the story's attempted rape and murder.

Mulan's Decision.

Top tier music.

On the note (heh), To the Spaceport.
youtube.com/watch?v=zL0Pw-bHmiM

>silverback can't kill a leopard
>leopard can't kill a human
>gorillas not ganging up to fend off a leopard
>leopard not running away as soon as he realizes he can't easily win

The Leviathan attacking the Ulysses in Atlantis was fucking masterfully executed. I can't find any high-quality images of it, but there's one particular shot where you see the Leviathan moving just underneath the ship and the sense of scale was just dread-inducing.

Attached: atlantis.jpg (1024x581, 124K)

Big Hero 6

The ray scene in Lady and Tramp always gave me chills

You know Tarzan makes me wonder. What would it been like if John Carter was animated traditionally and not a live action film.

Attached: dejah.jpg (600x927, 107K)

Y'all faggots are too serious.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=bUH2RDdOxMY

Wizards' duel from The Sword in the Stone.

She still would not be near naked. Disney would never allow it

There was a brief point in time when Disney would have.

Attached: tumblr_ojuzsmJtpo1ujmwkuo5_r4_500.gif (500x281, 1.95M)

>blocks your path

Attached: Screenshot_20190520-093405.png (2560x1440, 2.05M)

You'd be surprised.

Attached: 1557858807889.jpg (1782x896, 466K)

Rango is a work of art

I have never seen this film, should I?
Moana walking to the lava monster was kino, if we're taking more recent films.

Attached: vlcsnap-2018-04-23-11h27m11s485.png (1920x804, 1.45M)

[SPOILERS]I AM MOANAAAAAAA[/SPOILERS]

Yeah Lilo & Stitch is solid.

What the fuck are you talking about?

Attached: 745px-Princess_Kida_Atlantis_by_Jedijosh44.jpg (745x600, 31K)

I hope I'm there

Catchin' some of the light comin' off ya that day

Attached: silver.jpg (500x300, 84K)

Best disney scene coming through

youtube.com/watch?v=U0FRd8BbRW4

Attached: feet.png (796x480, 261K)

what would be the ethics of dating a hydra?

Attached: let that sink in.jpg (341x600, 35K)

>hasn't seen castle of cagliostro
That makes me sad

Making sure all the heads are satisfied with their previous meal so one of them doesn't eat you.

Same as dating siamese twins?

Still makes me tear up

Bambi and mother in wintertime
Bambi vs. rival buck
Bambi and dad vs. forest fire

Yeah, me too user

Heaven's Light is underrated. It's part of what makes Hellfire so striking. Two men confessing their love for Esmeralda on the same night at the same time, but with wholly different intent and ambition.

No it's not.

I love this movie a lot. The beginning is simultaneously one of the most sad but relaxing openings in a Disney film. Probably my favorite intro, honestly.

I never minded the gargoyles. I'm pretty sure they're just in the film to prevent people from wondering how a movie this dark is marketed towards children.

Attached: imagine being this RIGHT.jpg (623x414, 140K)

fuck yes

Damn that's beautiful.

The opening of Lion King.

Watched Dumbo for the first time recently and Pink Elephants on Parade genuinely exceeded my very high expectations, not much has topped it in the eighty years since

Yeah, Heaven's Light is great

speaking of. i read that keane did a several page character analysis for ariel. does anyone know about it or have a link?

Attached: donald duck.jpg (389x434, 21K)

Did Tarzan always have such amazing backgrounds, character designs and storyboarding?

>The bird actually looks like a bird, makes bird expressions, and end never acts like a dog or cat
Holy shit they don't make em like this anymore.

>Do you think they just do a complete purge every 5 years and replace everyone that works there?
Thats pretty much what happened around the time Toy Story was in its concept-phase. So yes, they really do that. Most of the 90's talent in Disney is long gone.

Also Simba's return, starting from the discussion about stars.

yes but the mentality behind the types of movies they make hasn't changed that much. It's not like "oh, modern Disney would never make a movie like Song of the South today". Hunchback isn't that old.

Disney is LITERALLY making the same types of movies it made in the '90s today. Lion King comes out in a month and Mulan is in the middle of shooting. I'm sure Hunchback is in development.

Glen Keane strikes again.

Was literally gonna post that. First thing that came to mind. youtube.com/watch?v=AARl1cMxS9w

This for a recent movie. I can't believe Moana's va was only 15 when they recorded, her singing voice is incredible.

people leave all the time to new animation studios, or they decide disney is a shit place to work, disney gets new hires from the talent intership thing, all sorts of turnover

those live action things have nothing to do with anything good

Great movie, incredible scene. Watching it now though the heights scare me a little, but that in itself makes me impressed at the level of skill involved. Love the water effects too.

I totally can't stand that cliche, it drives me up a wall. And this is as someone who loves dogs and cats - they aren't the only animals capable of being cute!

I think the entire "Zero to Hero" sequence is my favourite animation from Hercules. Which is funny because it's literally the scene right after your favourite. youtube.com/watch?v=Pa0lMzaljTk

facilier had some great scenes, especially his death
youtu.be/7sotIsQ4-Gg?t=27

The shadow magic was honestly so underused in that film. But I guess Mama Odie one-shotting them shows something about the powerlevels (she has powers she earned herself, after all).

At least they made the Bayou of all places look beautiful. The water part in this always takes my breath away. youtube.com/watch?v=6YsFXMBOfJw

i remember some user commenting that they should have been humans in that scene via reflections in the water or something, and i'm not sure i disagree

maybe they made tiana also a frog to avoid more furry accusations

That might have been cool, but I don't see many angles where it could work. Plus they already have Facilier's shadows being evil, so that might make things confusing?

I personally never had any complaints about them being frogs, probably because frogs are one of my favourite animals anyway.

>Bambi vs Ronno
Severely underrated fight, everything about it from the color and lighting, music, and actual animation is remarkable but you'll never see it mentioned anywhere.
youtube.com/watch?v=ltUKj_BFO2w

Attached: Sword-disneyscreencaps_com-4474.jpg (998x742, 169K)

youtube.com/watch?v=lSsx0PC5yrk

i love milt(?) kind of organic sketchy lines

What about the scene where the Evil Queen falls off a cliff in Snow White?

those background always fuck me up in the best way

Attached: mary blair cinderella2.jpg (1000x827, 1.57M)

Attached: maryblair.jpg (800x600, 286K)

Dreamy. I love the implication that they talked to each other and just had a good time, and we don't hear it. It adds to the dreamlike sense of the scene and how time flies by. It's genuinely sweet and I feel like clickbait articles that complain about the early Disney princess always forget it.

There's a heartbreaking fact I read, however. Cinderella's voice actress later on got Alzheimer's, and whenever they played the recording of her singing " Dream is a Wish your Heart Makes" in the nursing home, she loved it but couldn't realise it was her own singing ...

>lost her 18-year-old son in a car accident
Add that to the list of stuff I didn't need to find out today :(