This is why media make fun of comic book fans. The show looks EXACTLY like the comic...

This is why media make fun of comic book fans. The show looks EXACTLY like the comic, why are people complaining about it now?

Attached: 5g32452.jpg (1301x846, 251K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BL4rsnhlu6M
youtube.com/watch?v=pp70baXff_Q
youtube.com/watch?v=SAOueRUVqnw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because the comic is terrible?

normalfags are finally catching on to what pandering actually is
Why don't they give the same hate to Supergirl?

Melissa Benoist is too cute

Because Batwoman wasn't worth a damn to begin with, and even the comic version wasn't hung up on the credit

It's not comic book fans who are complaining but reactionary shills.

based reactionary shills

What are they shilling for?

reactions

because it looks EXACTLY like the comic, which is shit, so this is too

>anti-shill is now shilling

It's not what they're shilling for but against. They're shilling against a lot of things but a big one is feminism and LGBTQA representation.

People get paid to say something is shit?

maybe it look bad

>EXACTLY like the comic
>EXACTLY like the comic

Attached: EXACTLY like the comic.jpg (1181x775, 405K)

Pretty much, they're the anti-values shills. They don't have any values of their own but instead base all their thoughts and opinions on being against progressives ideas.

She looks 95% like her comic character, shut up.

Yean but Batwoman was a total dogshit comic book sold solely on the protagonist's identity and was promptly and rightfully rejected by fans.There's a reason why it was optioned after Gotham which had every ancillary character imaginable.

like how progressives have no values or opinions except to destroy the "patriarchy"

I'm sure some do but it's really about to propagate their anti-values and radicalized the target audience.
Ever heard of Gamergate and how it's about ethics in video game journalism? It's really about making a rabid online presence against women, gays, and non-whites.

If it had the aesthetic of JH Williams art and the writing of Greg Rucka people might be more interested in it. But instead we get CW cinematography and woke writing by sjw interns.

You mean 5% with just the hair you dumb faggot

>It's really about making a rabid online presence against women, gays, and non-whites.
That sounds like a conspiracy theory, its not really any secret that online journalism sucks.

>Yean but Batwoman was a total dogshit comic book
But it wasn't.
>sold solely on the protagonist's identity and was promptly
See? That's a reactionary shill talking point. The fact that Batwoman is a lesbian is something this shill hates and wants other people to be against.
>rightfully rejected by fans.
And because this shill has no values than he doesn't mind straight up lying.

this is bait

i dont think anyone here has actually read batwoman, with the way you are talking about this. it looks trash, but ill give it a chance, i thought constantine looked trash but i ended up loving it, even though it was way off from the comic

Elegy was good though. The New 52 run was fucking great too until the marriage fuckery derailed it.

you don't really know what a shill is do you

>That sounds like a conspiracy theory,
Maybe but it's true. Ever heard of Steve Bannon and Brietbart news? They're the ones who saw a gamergate as a tool for radicalization.

>i dont think anyone here has actually read batwoman, with the way you are talking about this
People are saying it was shit and saying this looks different but also shit. Seems pretty accurate to me I dunno kev.

I know a shill when I'm talking to one.

>anti-values
Being a raging faggot and forcing people to accept it isn't a good value to have.

> rabid online presence against women, gays, and non-whites.
Considering 99% of the media is anti straight white males my advice to you would be to suck it up and ignore it if you don't like it.

but batwoman has mostly been ok to good. shes by far the best of the extended bat family

So it's 100% a conspiracy theory. Gotcha.

a shill is someone who is paid to say or do something
you fucking idiot, I wonder what you'll do when you find out that shill is anti semetic in nature

bannon's on record about that shit though

>but batwoman has mostly been ok to good
So *you* haven't been reading it.

Morals and values humans have had for 100k years isn't radicalization. You lunatics are the radical ones.

Let's cut the bullshit and admit the thought process behind Batwoman's initial creation. They wanted a lesbian heroine, great, more power to them. However DC and everyone else knows selling completely new characters is an uphill battle that seldom works. So as a result, they felt it best to lump her into a profitable franchise, this case being Batman. However despite Kate's motivations she's ultimately held back by a bat persona she should have never been affiliated with to begin with. She hates being compared to Batman, and yet still wears his damn attire. Which I understand why she did it, a way to clue people in that she's a good guy, but unfortunately it just makes her come off as a cunt who wants her cake and eat it too. You could probably salvage Kate but that would mean ditching the bat association, and that's a gamble DC doesn't want to make. Moreover, she's Bruce's fucking cousin and that means jack shit since she's been introduced! Why even mention that fact if you're not going to explore ANYTHING with it?

Do you know who was a better on again off again Bat-Family member? Huntress. Also pic unrelated, I just think it's funny.

Attached: Batwoman Signal.jpg (2358x836, 401K)

I hate to admit it, but people don't like the feminism and more importantly the smug unathletic lead. People love Batman shit, but you can't just throw the theme on top of an unlikable character and expect people to be on board.

On the other hand, DC does have poorly marketed shows and bad trailers frequently. Personally I'll give it a few episodes before dropping

>People are saying it was shit
Did people say that? People implies a majority opinion but who are these people you are talking about?

gaslighting hard aren't ya

>JHW III Art is shit
Gas casuals now

Attached: JHW III Batwoman.png (1920x1080, 2.33M)

I have and I can confidently say:
>not shit

>They wanted a lesbian heroine, great, more power to them
This was the first mistake though. They started from "Lesbian" and hoped they could make a good character. When they couldn't they slapped a cowl on her and hoped everyone would love her for that.

People honestly don't like the meme of a woman who thinks "I don't need no man and women is better because reasons" and are starting to call out the bullshit.

Also, the main lead's acting ability is absolute crap.

Captain Marvel made a billion dollars.

>Disney mass bought tickets to people would think Captain Marvel was popular

>a shill is someone who is paid to say or do something
Not necessarily. Cults have shills, which is what we're dealing with here; a cult like mentality.

Why do people say Batwoman's gimmick is fighting the supernatural side of Gotham when Batman has been doing that for years? Sure he hates magic and the supernatural, but he's neither a stranger to it nor ill prepared anymore.
>Gentleman Ghost
>Solomon Grundy
>Talons, which are animated corpses from The Court of Owls
>Ras al Ghul
>Deacon Blackfire
You COULD salvage Kate, but the praise from Katefags is a bit ridiculous

Why would disney spend the additional money when it only needed to beat wonder woman to be considered a smash success?

>only 425mil domestically
I don't think the Chinks care much about acting ability considering most of the movies that trend over there are shit.

Because if they didn't spend that money then it would have only beat Ant-Man.

Besides, Sam Jackson completely carried that movie.

>You COULD salvage Kate
There's no reason to. There are better characters that do what she does but better. If they never used her again nothing of value would be lost. Literally her only hook is she's a lesbian.

Because he needs an excuse for why the thing he hates made more money than he wanted it to., even if it's a nonsensical one.

Because it's yet ANOTHER show being made to bait Batman fans, but makes sure the show is 100% without Batman.

Also, the whole "Batman quit because the job was too hard lol" story feels insulting.

yes the left has many shills

Probably right. There's plenty of Bat-Family characters already to use. I'm not exactly pining for reworks of Duke, Harper, or Batwing either

Attached: 1549221205181.jpg (561x1200, 169K)

Nothing radical about the left of course...

This.

If you have to chose between salvaging a bad charterer for a show/movie or just using one that people already like it should be a no brainier. There is a reason the the most common feeling I've seen to Captain Marvel has been "meh", and I think this show is going to make all the same mistakes.

>Gentleman Ghost
Hawkman villain
>Solomon Grundy
JSA villain.
Batfags needs to stop stealing other people villains.

>people already like
Well people already like Batwoman. In fact I can't even name a more fitting character to use.

I never said they were Batman villains you moron. The point was he's fought supernatural shit in Gotham several times so Kate's gimmick is stupid.

Granted there are characters worth reworking/salvaging. Kate isn't one of them though

>Kate isn't one of them though
How come?

>anti-shilling
That isn't a thing. It's just shilling.

>The point was he's fought supernatural shit in Gotham several times
That's like saying nothing at all though. Actually no, that's like saying no one else can fight supervillains or city wide threats because Batman does that so therefore no one else can.
Gotham used to be an interesting place but now it's just a sandbox for Batman to shit in.

>Well people already like Batwoman.
Yeah, all 16 of those fans are really going to help build up this hype. Let's not pretend she has a significant fan base.

Because Gotham has a dozen heroes already, and Kate offers nothing new to the family except being gay. I would unironically prefer a character like Killer Moth getting his due over Kate because at least he was the original anti-batman.
What the hell are you even arguing anymore? Yeah no shit Batman gets more than he deserves. Way to state the obvious we all knew. However saying "supernatural shit is Kate's thing" is fucking retarded.

Attached: Killer Moth Classic.jpg (500x1185, 108K)

Women are strong and independent and don't need no man, which is why they need to assume the identities of male heroes and exploit their pre-existing popularity, and also be really smug about it like they just did something really strong and independent.

Also we are too scared to take the financial risk of creating an original IP led by a woman/women.

youtube.com/watch?v=BL4rsnhlu6M
youtube.com/watch?v=pp70baXff_Q
youtube.com/watch?v=SAOueRUVqnw

>Let's not pretend she has a significant fan base.
I don't get this catch 22 mindset Batfags have. They're always whining about how other characters don't deserve the spotlight because they're not as popular as Batman but Batman only got popular because he has spotlight through TV shows and movies.

>Also we are too scared to take the financial risk of creating an original IP led by a woman/women.
Well it's either we take the risk, or treat the creators like human beings. Can't do both.

>Because Gotham has a dozen heroes already,
Then what's the problem of using one of these dozens of other heroes.

The problem isn't that it's a lesser know character, the problem is that it's one that is riding off the coattails of Batman while at the same time refusing to have Batman AND going out of it's way to make him a pussy who ran away because he got his feeling hurt or something.

Because no one asked for a new one, or for them to be reworked when we have a shit ton in Bruce's clubhouse already. No one wants a "fixed" Signal or Bluebird either. It's okay to admit that they're bad ideas DC just wanted to market under Batman's IP umbrella given that he sells

>However saying "supernatural shit is Kate's thing" is fucking retarded.
I didn't say that, you did.

Look at the trailer in the OP and repeat what you just said.

She's a shit character with a pandering hook and no good stories. Many character deserve more of the spotlight, Batwoman deserves to get killed off/retired and forgotten.

If the bloated tumor that is Batman can't launch new heroes then what good is he then? So much time amd energy is wasted creating a rich and immersive environment for this cancer and his faggot fans won't even support the lesser known Batman characters?
Remind me again how this isn't the most cancerous fanbase in existence?

I'll admit that I never read Batwoman, but in the trailer she condemns Batman and complains about him getting credit for her actions, even though she's using his costume, armor, gadgets, identity, etc. From what people have told me, in the comic she saw Batman as an inspiration. So it sounds completely different. But if the comic actually is like this, that just means the comic is shit, not that the show is good.

>Look at the trailer in the OP and repeat what you just said.
Like those thumbs down mean anything? Like they're not just bunch of small dick incels angry at a lead female character?

>his faggot fans won't even support the lesser known Batman characters
They probably will when they're not shit.

>but in the trailer she condemns Batman
Because he abandoned Gotham.

>his faggot fans won't even support the lesser known Batman characters?
They would if:
A) Batman was at least in the show
B) The show was about a god character
C) The show was well written

This is none of those things.

>LGBTQA
>no +
opinion discarded

Isn't that kinda problematic?

Is your reading comprehension that shit?

>Remind me again how this isn't the most cancerous fanbase in existence?

Because Constantine and X-Men fans exist.

>Batman was at least in the show
He probably will be, he just isn't in the trailer.
>The show was well written
Again, just a trailer
>The show was about a good character
Batfags don't know shit about what makes a good character.

If Batman wasn't in Smallville, Flash, Supergirl, or Arrow, what makes you think this will be any different?

There are far more cancerous fanbases than those two. Especially including animated and anime ones.

>Batfags don't know shit about what makes a good character
What about all the people who don't buy her shitty books? Are you saying everyone outside of you and your two friends are batfags? Or is she just actually a shit character.

>a rabid online presence against women, gays, and non-whites
Isn't that what Yea Forums is exactly for?

>just a trailer
user, how often does a trailer make a show/movie look like it's going to be bad only for it to turn out to be good?

In the end, you can't convince me, and I can't convince you, so there's only one thing to do.

Attached: we wait.jpg (868x514, 161K)

Far more than Gamergate ever was.

If sales dictate quality then I guess Batman is a shit character compared to the hulk

Well, he is.

Sales don't dictate quality, being around and pushed for as long as Batwoman yet still having next to no fans does.

>What about all the people who don't buy her shitty books?
That sounds like an appeal to popularity aka shit logic.

You're insane.

>Sales don't dictate quality
Well then I guess the fact that Batwoman's sales number were low enough to be canceled means jack shit.

You might be more convincing if the response to every Trailer wasn't "It's shit!"

Since her entire function as a character is to sell books, her failure to do that makes her a shit character, despite trying to pander to a niche so hard.

Japan's done tons of them. Some of the most successful comics in histories were created by women.

It is shit though.

Give me an example of a trailer that made everyone think something was going to be bad only for that thing to be good.

Come on, hit me with your top 3 if it happens to EVERY trailer like you say.

Attached: I win.jpg (370x342, 38K)

>Since her entire function as a character is to sell books,
Batfag logic everyone. They worship the biggest marketing tool as the greatest character and think that's what makes a character good or not.

Are you blind forreal?

>Because he abandoned Gotham.
Because the writers decided to make him do that.

Because everyone has seen her ass, tits and pussy when she had a photo session while getting fucked in every position for the internet to see. It’s like a Pavlov trigger every time I see her face, I instinctively go to the favorited page with the Fappening set on my phone. Basically, Americans love whores.

>Armed with a passion for social justice and a flair for speaking her mind, she soars onto the streets of Gotham as Batwoman, an out lesbian and highly trained street fighter primed to snuff out the failing city’s criminal resurgence

Gee, I wonder why this would be polarizing.

You don't have to be a Batfag to know Kate is shit

That sounds suspiciously like sales=quality which is again, shit logic.

This, the ONLY bat family member who is worse is Duke.

get your eyes checked

Batwing was fine until they reworked him

Isn't Etrigan already a "hero" who lives in Gotham and deals with Supernatural or did they change that?

Except the comic doesn't shit on you for being a straight white male?

The smooth brain menace we call it.
>GRRRRR!!!! She Asserted her femininity!! GRRR!!! only Men and Sex bimbos are allowed to do that! GRRrrRrrrrRRR!!!

Attached: incelisu.gif (200x200, 108K)

>Green eyes
>Hair
>Eye shadow
>Coat
>Boots
>Character
you're right, this character is So CoNfUsInG??!?!?!

This. I read the comic and can clearly see this as the CW version of her, what with the whole "Bruce is my cousin" shit. Dumb but whatever. Reactionary shills are just triggered because there is one, count'em O N E militant feminist character. I even doubt she'll be this way all the time, but im okay with it, so long as it stays as ONE.

Sure but they weren't out there trying to stop it. Instead, those very same fuckwads that are now kvetching for this shit, all those years ago kvetched :

>Dude, why are you so against a female Batman
>It's not gonna be so bad, it's comics duuuuuuuuude
>What ae you, a womanhater

And all that other shit. Now that this shit hits them square in the face, in their everyday lives, just like their pozz pervaded our comics, now they care? Fuck them. They get what they deserve and suffer with the rest of us.

>Considering 99% of the media is anti straight white males
name some, and not the ones that exist in your own parallel universe where white males are the REAL oppressed minority!

She looks just like her, though. Absurdly so. What guarantees you she'll never don the make up later on?

>Also, the whole "Batman quit because the job was too hard lol" story feels insulting.
this is the true hot take. the rest are shills reeeeing over a woman wagging a finger at them, lol, grow some balls babies.

Dare I ask but what do the youtube comments look like? Should we be thankful even casuals have common sense?

>Women are strong and independent and don't need no man, which is why they need to assume the identities of male heroes and exploit their pre-existing popularity
>HURRRRR ITS ONLY WUHMAN THAT DO THIS!!!
they also pull this shit with male characters allllll the time, it's not a "woman" thing.
>posts jap cartoons
OH NO NO NO!!!

Can you link that stuff?

Fucking now? What the fuck happened to all those morons in December when Batbitch spend fifteen minutes explaining this, twice, to Kara, Olie and Barry and then to Kara alone?

true, but thats the explanation, so your beef is with the CW and not necessarily the character.

i can't believe it. I was actually mad that they de-sexified the mortal Kombat women, and at the whole captain marvel marketing shit, but for some reason, this trailer, didn't bug me at all....okat the "here" changing to "her" was really fucking dumb, but im actually gonna defend this show, unless it turns to shit like super girl. Which it might. If this is what it takes to get a serialized batman show then id rather have this than shitty gotham, but if it gets real popular, 5 years in they're gonna have to explain where batman is.

Remember how Dickbats was incredibly popular?
But fuck women, how dare they.

>I have no idea

>de-sexified
You can't de-sexify something that was never that sexy in the first place. Unless you liked the tranny design of 9 that most of the community didn't.

Google, Amazon, Vice, Vox, Slate, HuffPo, CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS, Fox, Sony, WB, Gillette, Burger King. I could go on forever.

Also, women aren't minorities. They're literally the majority sex.