I JUST FUCKING FOUND OUT THE HOMESTUCK EPILOGUE EXISTS WHAT THE FUCK WHAT THE FUCK WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED

I JUST FUCKING FOUND OUT THE HOMESTUCK EPILOGUE EXISTS WHAT THE FUCK WHAT THE FUCK WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED

Attached: 57386ed612db58c6b9f0e7302ed293ea2f2c5f258e0fb9ba47e3be3da5cc95ed_1.gif (500x608, 991K)

Other urls found in this thread:

homestuckresources.tumblr.com/post/44417905011/homestuck-title-test
homestuck.com/epilogues/meat/41
similarminds.com/jung.html
e2c2.com/files/Learning_Profiles_Retyped.doc
hexaco.org/hexaco-online
dukeofriven.tumblr.com/post/184357988029/good-in-the-world
dukeofriven.tumblr.com/post/184899856259/classpectanon-anti-authors-and-authorial
dukeofriven.tumblr.com/post/184707407754/neither-meat-nor-candy-are-the-true-endings-to
discord.gg/Dmn8Eg6
skaianetsystems.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's better than a good portion of the comic itself, so is OP a Jane fan or something?

GET HYPE FOR DAVEKAT

Yea Forums janitors apparently really hate Homestuck, so this thread isn't gonna last long.

no but this story is so batshit off the rails i can't believe someone actually thought this was a good idea

it's a really good idea
>takes place after the "canon" has ended, so is in fake-fanfiction style for meta purposes
>even co-written by a fanfic author that hussie hired for that authentic fanfic feeling
>characters literally warp back to the main story and try to escape the fanfic bullshit by leaving
it's pretty much the best way they could've done an epilogue

They are based and know bad comics and bad fandoms

>same guy from last thread accusing anyone who doesn't like the comic of being a tumblr girl who liked x character

t. assblasted act 6 fan

Been reading since Problem Sleuth, I even got a command in during that.
The only people I've seen who like this comic were the Act 6 style fans. The kind that think Hussie is a god and make jokes about it.

watch this thread get deleted but the 1000+ star vs threads get to stay

A Star Vs thread died for this.

999+ then

So was all the Obama stuff legit, or was it just an extended post-mortem scheme by Candy Dirk playing the Long Game?

You're implying that's a bad thing

yeah except they pulled fanfiction style stuff in the main narrative too and that was also shit

it's so bad literally would have preferred it was never made

i think it was Dirk.
Ultimate selves are not ideal selves.

except caliborn was perfect

Do you honestly think Meat is really any more important than Candy even though it's literally Dirk's shitty fanfic and Homestuck has almost always viewed binary choices as being for suckers?

Hell, even though there were one or two times Candy kind of got wonky (like Rose just saying that Vriska sacrificed herself and killed Lord English when not only was that not true, but it's so not true that both Vriska and Lord English fell to Candy Earth in ten years or so), but it felt heavily implied that that wasn't so much an inherent property of the world being fake but John just viewing things through the lens of a depressed nihilist and maybe warping reality to fit that lens.

It's MAYBE better than a portion of the comic that no one likes.

The best way to do an Epilogue would have been to have be the fucking ending. Stop defending your abusive relationship.

>Do you honestly think Meat is really any more important than Candy

>Meat: direct continuation of Homestuck that wraps up the main story and moves into the sequel
>Candy: prison for ghost characters and Aradia and Calliope, who escapes it at the end to move to Meat

>hurr meat is less important

HOMOSUCK WAS ALWAYS SHIT.
I WANT DD TO FUCK THO.

Attached: 3252822e-1e61-4650-baa7-f4799f469f45.png (886x609, 229K)

Pretty much yeah. Also Dirk was probably the one who was causing Rose's vague ascension sickness since Jasprosesprite^2 was every Rose and also every Jaspers and she didn't seem to have any struggles with that.

The one real problem I have is that they never really explained what happened to the sprites, like there doesn't seem to be any reason why they wouldn't be able to exist since a lot of the other "game abstractions" still appear to function properly.

If that's true, why are Questionable Content and Dumbing of Age threads allowed to exist?

Not them but it’s not abusive if I highly enjoyed it

It's not "meat is good candy is bad" it's that both in excess are awful. Dirk is explicitly trying to pad the story only both he and Alt-Calliope are awful at their job as narrators.

>Do you honestly think Meat is really any more important than Candy

Meat has John and Terezi rebounding off each other and shoehorning a rando relationship

both routes are wonky

It would be cool if turns into a nightmare with lots of Jade bullying.

Don't bully the pupper

Attached: large breast humiliations.png (900x499, 124K)

In all honestly, after seeing how they are in both Meat and Candy I have no idea why Jade would want to fuck either Karkat or Dave, let alone both. They have a terminal case of weenie that it takes extraordinary circumstances to overcome and even then Candy Karkat is still a bit of a weenie, just a weenie who can act cool sometimes.

She wants Dave how he was, back when he was a good character

jade will fuck them because according to the epilogue she'll fuck anyone

Yeah but she actually seemed interested in a relationship with them, despite how much they sucked. I mean I guess being one of the immortal creators of the world everyone lives on might have made balanced relationships tricky with the normal people on Earth C but still.

pretty sure she never gave a shit about karkat, and was just willing to have him in her ass if it meant she could have Dave

I like how the epilogue being shit is done on purpose.

>Jade gets severely fucked over in both epilogues
based

They're both equally shit because
1. Dirk hijacking the narrative after he becomes Ultimate Dirk, which turns him into a crazy control freak piece of shit.
2. Everyone in Candy being massive bastardizations of themselves also encouraged by Gamzee's unnecessary re-introduction.
3. The whole point was re-introducing a narrator to a story that had ended fucked up everything hardcore.

The janitors should know that Homestuck threads are allowed.
It's homestuck GENERALS that aren't allowed.

>tfw the bullying started in Meat when Karkat laughed his ass off at Jade

Man, I am so fucking ready for Smug Karkat

I'm kinda pissed at what happened to my favourite character, but at the same time it's fitting that he would become what he did once reaching the "ultimate self".

Attached: dirk_by_crazyrainbow0-d84bmf8.png (1023x1225, 425K)

They quality has nothing to do with their importance

Good thing I never claimed it was important then.

>still got to fuck Dave while Karkat never will

Especially when his Alternate Selves includes Bro and most importantly the Auto-Responder, which leads to Arquissprite which leads to Doc Scratch and Lord English.

Attached: realizing_your_ultimate_self_is_apparently_pretty_shit by twofoldAxiom.png (1960x4008, 1.88M)

My wife remained unscathed. That's all I care about.

Attached: tumblr_ppj67qxnbL1y2snodo1_500.png (418x485, 158K)

Bro being the final final boss is fucking great

wanting to continue canon and drag out the story is a desire of characters like dirk, that only makes everyone in and out of the comic suffer. the point of these epilogues is to show the equal pros and cons of letting characters live their lives, vs using them as tools to keep putting on a bloody show. there was a lot more character development and finality in candy, and heck, maybe they all could have turned out happy in the end if it wasn’t for gamzee and jane. I’m sure even jade could have eventually reached an understanding with the guys like john and roxy did if karkat didn’t need to fight jane - even though that was good for him as a character

the LE fight was even anticlimactic and just served to fill the plot hole, and just demonstrated how much of an underwhelming red herring he was and how wanting to go finish up old story points so bad isn’t that worth it

it’s the typical edgy unresolved ending vs the typical lame marriage and kids ending. there are things to like about both but neither are good, well rounded endings. brings you both kinds of bittersweet feelings endings usually give you

Didn't Dave fuck Karkat in Meat?

I can’t be bothered to ever read anything Homestuck related again. Why does tumblr hate Dirk now?

That's only true in one timeline. In Meat Dave and Karkat might fuck in twenty years or so.

>the Auto-Responder, which leads to Arquissprite which leads to Doc Scratch and Lord English.
I never thought of it that way but holy shit.

Nope. They're too weenie to do so

But the whole point about the narrative being explicitly compromised is that you can't necessarily trust what it says. Like Meat is only important because Dirk, and to a lesser extent Calliope, says it is, and I don't really trust either of them.

Attached: Dirk by capriusun.png (500x744, 211K)

It's cause Space players are naturally inclined towards fertility and motherhood. I'd almost say Space is a female-exclusive aspect just because of the importance the game places on frog breeding and procreation these players must undertake. Every Space player we've known so far has done this.

So in a weird mobius double reach-around twist, Lord English lives on through Dirk in a way

Attached: 05848_1.gif (650x450, 23K)

That was always just a mask
He was always a weenie underneath the coolguy persona he was forced to maintain for survival

The epilogue bothered me because it was clear that Dave and Karkat were just happy being the next Beavis and Butthead.

>the mask was a better person in every way
Lol

Yes. Also, Equius lives on through Dirk now too. And respectively because Davepeta was a thing, Nepeta lives on through Dave too.

Isn't that usually how it is? Our Personas are constructed specifically to deal with problems our true selves can't confidently deal with.

Attached: 1494480051022.jpg (804x657, 157K)

This is the gayest post on Yea Forums.

DAVE WHY ARE YOU WEARING FURRED BEAST EARS
i dunno man i just feel so right with these on

Yes. And it seems possible that on some level Alt!Calliope is courting Dirk the only way Cherubs can, through antagonizing him. She (they?) even said that Dirk reminds her of her brother.

Attached: ultimate by colossalfauna.jpg (500x516, 83K)

>Gap moe
I thought Hussie was just ironically weeb but it seems he knows more about anime than I was lead to believe.

Attached: terezi_pyrope_by_johneggbert-d64usi8.png (780x956, 206K)

He did marry a furry

The way John talked about how cool Terezi’s game over self was reminds me of how Karkat once talked about how great and beautiful she was

And then you got Vriska talking about being worthy of her, and not to mention her things with Dave and Gamzee. Aside from the clown, you got all these high focus characters creaming themselves over how cool she is. I know she’s not a mary sue but man she has the love life of one

Well, seeing as he didn't write that, I see no reason for you to adjust your assumptions.

Touche.
She is one of the better characters so it makes sense.

Attached: 1553400218030.png (492x723, 93K)

Even though it was perfunctory, I still found the Lord English fight had some fun parts, like him just repeatedly eating John's hammers.

Also what happened to Davepeta? Like I know the narration implied that they died, but it said the same thing about Vriska and Lord English, and while there was that single feather that showed up in Candy Earth, Davesprite used to leave damaged feathers all the time and it turned out to never mean anything.

Attached: welcome home by sketchoodles.png (1000x1078, 1.29M)

What the fuck even happened? Is it worth reading? Last time I looked it seemed like a confusing slog of texts and conversations that went nowhere. Am I too brainlet for the fucking homestuck epilogue?

>Jade got to marry and fuck Dave
>Karkat never will
Lol

>Dirk is explicitly trying to pad the story only both he and Alt-Calliope are awful at their job as narrators.
Which is why caliborn is the best narrator

I thought it was implied in the ending of Meat that Calliope-Jade literally, physically consumed Lord English and Davepeta^2.

The idea of a good ending being "sit around on a couch, being lazy stoners. Never improve, never try." is dumb.

K6BD is clearly the better MSPAF turned full-comic.

>What the fuck even happened?
A whole lot of purposefully crafted fanfiction-tier absolute bullshit.
>Is it worth reading?
Yes and no. It doesn't matter, it never will matter, but it's a very well written piece of shit that's a long winded dubiously "canon" way of saying epilogues are unnecessary.

I know she ate Lord English, but I didn't think she took the time to chow down on Davepeta as well, like Davepeta could have just... let go of English's back.

Attached: an english breakfast by Ephemerald.png (1000x1352, 255K)

Dirk and Auto-Responder were ALWAYS meant to sound like Doc Scratch.

She was the sunny side up eggs to the lord english steak or something.

John is relatable as someone with good parents and a normal upbringing, with no hardships growing up - it’s hard to form specific goals because your needs are already fulfilled. You want something greater, but you don’t know what.

Attached: 57A5DD84-EA13-41B7-8ECE-0876AAA5423D.jpg (750x285, 54K)

Ditching Sollux kind of feels like a dick move, even if he totally wouldn't have wanted to come along.

Attached: the do nothing gang by mcsiggy.jpg (1280x1241, 318K)

>she had to have a dogdick otherwise they would have had a baby army that could consume Lord English like a bunch of cliffracers

Nobody cares about sollux. He's a depressive weenie that aradia is better off for ditching

Roxy is a man now and Dirk misgenders

Attached: why.png (400x400, 61K)

Attached: jh3cphy8gqt21.png (1311x945, 94K)

I miss caliborn being the antagonist

>very well written

Attached: 1481198117641.png (658x661, 8K)

>Hussie didn't write Vriska literally crushing Gamzee under the sheer weight of her body, killing him mid-coitus.
Missed a chance.

Attached: _pinkamenadawww.png (448x406, 28K)

I get that Davesprite was always the one supposed to kill Lord English and kind of did so by dragging him into the black hole, but why is the Nepeta part important? What's the significance of the Nepeta part of Davepeta?

Am I a brainlet?

Attached: 1421542498052.jpg (642x499, 54K)

It was though, in every way from vocabulary and structure to the utter annihilation of every character and wraps up nicely like a bitter gift.

Yeah it's pretty ambiguous whether she ate Davepeta, but then again if she didn't they are stuck in the Candy world.
Consider that they are both a bird and a cat.

One of the good things about the epilogue is that with all the characters as adults canonically engaging in sexual activity, I don’t feel like a *too much* of a weirdo as a 25 year old thinking of homestuck characters having sex

I mean it kind of is understandable how all the kids wound up the way they did in the epilogues. Like it's not just that the world is (to them) suddenly post-scarcity which introduces new things to overcome, but also they're all hailed as celebrities and gods from the moment they arrived and most of them never even went to high school.

They should have made sure no one on Earth C knew what they looked like and tried to live normal lives for a while, or alternatively they should have tried to embrace their new existence as gods. But instead they chose the worst of both worlds and either isolated themselves or surrounded themselves with yes-men.

Attached: bullshit by the renaissancedungeonmaster.jpg (662x1920, 361K)

Teens fuck, get over it grandpa.

Lord English is partially made out of Equius via Arquiusprite.

Technically they're just part bird and part furry, which is if anything even more horrifying.

But at least Candy Jade might have a rebound relationship.

Terezi's love life really serves the purpose of examining her true self, who she is under her persona and who she can connect to.

Karkat treated her as an object, one of his possessions. She told him to piss off, essentially.
She liked Dave, but Dave is strongly against polyamory so he broke it off instead of try to help her with what she was dealing with. She couldn't feel like she could have an honest conversation with him, because even Dave by that point didn't know what he honestly really was. Their personas were dating, essentially.
Gamzee is an addictive drug to anyone who gave him the time of day. Terezi, Jane, Vriska, it's the same. Terezi latched onto him to distract herself from the emptiness she felt after killing Vriska, not truly understanding why she felt the way she did. Aranea gave her hints but ultimately did more damage too.
And Vriska was both her persona and what got her to realize her true self, in maintaining the same sense of emptiness post-retcon despite nothing bad happening to her. She realized she latched onto confident, assertive people because they reminded her that it was possible to feel that way, and distracted her from her own sense of worthlessness. She accepted that she'd likely never find the person she could have that honest conversation with, and she'd have to wear her mask forever.

That's why it was significant when she ended up with John in the epilogues. John there doesn't have a toughguy or coolkid persona. John is as honest as you can possibly get. And he's exactly the person she needed to open up to, to not mask her incompleteness, but to be able to heal it. To realize that underneath her mask, she's both kind and genuinely cool to him. And John is the same way, being able to expose who he is underneath his protagonist persona, and receive both genuine empathy and drive towards his own heroism.

Both of them complete each other, and it took the entire comic (and several lifetimes) for them to figure it out.

One hand trolling people who always cried about Nepeta getting shit on, the other hand parallels with ARquius

Also I don’t know if davesprite specifically was prophesied to be the one to take on LE? I think it was just generally Dave

So she was just a counter to Equius Strength and also Heart gave Davesprite Ultimate Self powers?

Yeah but fantasizing about teens fucking as a 25 year old is pretty weird.

>Karkat treated her as an object, one of his possessions. She told him to piss off, essentially.
I wonder how Karkat will fuck up Davekat.

>Vriska literally crushing me under the sheer weight of her body, killing him mid-coitus.

Attached: Woah, uh-oh. A boner.jpg (566x346, 65K)

Davepeta is a Sprite Squared, essentially a prototype Ultimate Self. He could see the lifetimes and experiences of countless Daves and Nepetas, and with the knowledge of those lifetimes both went insane and was able to form a more stable persona than some of the Sprites Gamzee created in the session. Insanity as a result of too much information is a reoccurring theme in Homestuck. Happened to Jasprose too.

Attached: karkat hottake.png (578x111, 9K)

>Vocabulary
It's basic bitch vocabulary, and a far sight from Hussie's command of the language. How is that in any way a strength?

>Structure
It jumps around at random between story lines with little connection or sense of pacing as it drags endlessly through the sluggish election scenes before blasting through dumps of exposition, has no sense of of overall progression towards climax, and generally falls flat in every regard.

>to the utter annihilation of every character and wraps up nicely like a bitter gift.
I don't even know how to respond to this.

I don't think either one of them were insane, they were just apathetic to what was going on now. And considering that they formed late Act-6, they were right to feel that way.

Neither of them make them each other better or push one another, they'll die at age 30 of obesity

>It's basic bitch vocabulary,
So you didn't read it. Glad I can pinch off this argument here then.

>gets hyped as an impossible boss to beat with so much theory about how a final battle would even work
>gets fucking vored to death

Attached: LE.png (800x1100, 41K)

Find an example of "good vocabulary" in the Epilogue.

>I don't even know how to respond to this.
Yeah that happens when you're an ignorant twat who gets all his info second hand or from a wiki rather than doing any proper reading.

Live by the vore, die by the vore.

Attached: the futile by cheep-boy.jpg (640x640, 103K)

Why? You've already decided to call it "basic bitch vocabulary" no matter what I do. You've taken a stance and you're willing to defend it to the very end of your dignity. You won't back down no matter how heavy the evidence. I realize now this is a pointless conversation. I like it, you don't. Why are you even here? Are you some literary authority?

Meh, it's well written but well written doesn't matter if it's conceptually trash.

Explain the concept of the epilogue and what it's ultimate meaning is.

Apathetic perhaps, in the sense that this conflict seemed sort of small to them. But insane is absolutely what I'd use to describe them. Rosesprite goes from relieved that she can be the calm, unimportant Rose to a madly grinning Cheshire Cat manically flitting about and making Rose want to kill her. Davepeta is slightly better, in that Dave's coolkid self meshes with Nepeta's catgirl self, but he's still nuts too.

It's this kind of insanity why Rose was afraid to open her eyes and was resisting the call of her Ultimate Self in Meat. Because she's deathly scared of what she'd become.

He's probably one of those guys who thinks that Hussie and those other two writers wrote over a hundred thousand words just to hurt people who still liked the comic.

No, I think he didn't write it because he's a horrible businessman.

This is an unbelievable level of coping. You are so wrapped up in needing the Epilogue to be good that you have even deluded yourself into thinking that the only reason that the majority of people saw it as a shambling attempt at wringing the last dredges of life out of a dead IP, is because they didn't read it. People read it. A lot, I would even be confident in saying most, didn't like it. That's the reality.

Wow, compelling evidence.

When?

Attached: 1437433176565.png (712x972, 122K)

Though it seems weird that Rosebot, what little we saw of her, really doesn't seem that different than Rose in a sulky mood. Davebot though is a bit more unnerving since the first thing he did was -smile-.

Attached: how... how far we've come by aeritus.jpg (707x1000, 265K)

Confirmed by v that it's Obama.
The Skaianet Leak also sort of confirms this (read it if you haven't, it's really good unadulterated Hussie's shit)

Since John is either dead or unable to retcon, never. But being Sufferer 2.0: Hopefully this time I won't die edition is still pretty good.

Alternatively it already happened several times with the ghosts who... I don't know, are they invincible now since Lord English was the only one who could double-kill them? Is there any meaning in Meenah wearing the Ring of Life if ghosts can not just exist but also affect the world in such a way that they make up a lot of Karkat's army?

Attached: second in command by ddeeric.png (1280x1280, 799K)

Wrong, that's me and this is my first post in this thread. He's right though.

The leak also confirms that Jake is white, which makes Jade and John at least half white. Jake is also Obama's grandfather, making John and Jade Obama's uncles.

So you didn't like how your favourite characters were shat on and now you're throwing a little tantie.

We have first IP markers, you idiot.

Considering the Epilogue specifically set up a multitude of cliffhangers that likely won't go fucking anywhere who knows. It's just a way of saying that stories can go on forever but they don't need to. And that's why the Epilogues are a separate entry called "a tale of dubious authenticity".

Rosebot was iffy because she's been enthralled by Dirk and his roboticism. It's difficult to tell where she ends and where he begins with her, and Dirk will need to not die, but face total unexistence to truly free Rose.

Davebot is somewhat different in that the worries and fears that Dave had about the lives he could've lived, the futures that could've had, and the choices he didn't take that were keeping him up at night, were absolved. He was able to directly see and experience all these timelines, all these choices, and so he had nothing to fear. Did he make a mistake choosing life with Jade over Karkat? Would he have made a mistake choosing life with Karkat over Jade? Or made a mistake choosing neither? Davebot can see all those possibilities, experience them. So there's nothing for him to fret over in the past for him.

Of course this won't work for people who aren't concerned by the choices they didn't take, or for whom this knowledge wouldn't absolve them of their worries. Terezi's mind abilities give her a similar perception, but that didn't directly help her. So becoming Ultimate Terezi wouldn't make her feel more complete, possibly instead feel even moreso. Each Ultimate Self is different, just as each person is different.

RIP Tan Jade

Karkat’s supposed to sound like an idiot there, representing people who try to rationalize incest ships. We’re not wild animals who give no thought to humping any living thing within reach, some things are seen as depraved for a reason. And the gross feelings that depravity brings is genuine.

Attached: jade is a qt.png (1200x1200, 700K)

Welcome to hell kiddo

reminder

Attached: 1557361730690.png (1200x801, 59K)

>Karkat’s supposed to sound like an idiot there
Which is your interpretation.
>some things are seen as depraved for a reason.
Like encouraging people to see and view you as a man when you have a leaky vagina between your legs?

I'm just playing devil's advocate here. I'm not saying we should go fuck kids, they're not sexually or mentally mature enough.
I'm just saying regardless of what we want, teens are gunna fuck and experiment because they're at a point in their lives they need to make shit choices to figure out what's good and bad, and acting exaggeratedly grossed out about that is the equivalent of begging for brownie points. Relax.

You're right, that's why I only fantasize about them having sex as toddlers

Attached: temp.png (650x450, 123K)

Jane was awesome in the epilogue. Best revelation character.
Dirk was also great even though he started to get annoying by the end of Meat. (He was my favorite character in Homestuck and I felt blueballed by how forgotten he had become)
Roxy was bland and terrible, which is how I started to feel towards her by the end of Act 6. She used to be my favorite character as Act 6 started but when she started to be paired with John I started to lose interest in her. I'm not bothered by the trans thing, at least that gave her/him something to do during the epilogue.
John was good.
Dave had good and bad moments. He was all over the place.
Rose was surprisingly good in both epilogues. Really liked how she got protagonism as opposed to how she was treated in the end of the comic itself.
Terezi was one of the best things in the epilogue, she's also one of my favorite characters.
Karkat was sorta good I guess.
I don't really know what to say about Kanaya.
Vriska was... pretty bad? But she wasn't intrusive, which I appreciated a lot.
Gamzee was a nice touch.

I mean, it feels heavily implied that Davebot just fucking left immediately afterwards without saying goodbye, which means that his friends will think he disappeared or eventually find his corpse in an overgrown white house, which feels like a dick move.

He wasn’t THAT hyped
In fact, characters downplayed him a lot, like Dave when he was being a wuss about fighting him

Attached: B31977DE-86BC-4B84-B123-22AB0B9841E0.jpg (750x1192, 259K)

I haven't read the epilogue yet. Which order makes for the better experience, Meat->Candy or Candy->Meat?

Ultimate Dave is a dick. Like 95% of his iterations are all wussy bitchdicks.

I always thought Jade would be Hawaiian like in pic related or maybe Asian or Asian-American

Attached: leah_dakroub_040r_14x11-e1461776218324.jpg (3582x2178, 969K)

We already did polls on this, and lo and behold, it turned out that the vast majority of the people who didn't like it were literally underage, while everyone 30+ liked it.

You are flat out too much of a stupid little baby to like it.

Attached: smugger loli jade.jpg (683x632, 70K)

Doesn't matter. The way I read it was I started with Meat until Rose goes to Dirk's place and they hint about the Candy universe. I paused there, read all of Candy and went back to finish Meat.
Just read both, doesn't matter the order. Nothing matters. It's all dubious like the pumpkin that was or wasn't there in jailbreak.

If that were true, which it isn't, you would know I am right. Fucking retard.

Feral island jade is a good jade

Is not even mentioning Jade part of the joke?

Jade will never find his corpse, because Dave wasn't even in the present when he met Obama. He time traveled back to before the Oval Office was overgrown and met Holo-Obama there, and died there. His body has likely long since decayed and returned to dust, or eaten by wild animals. To everyone in Candy, Dave just suddenly disappeared, like how John suddenly disappeared in Meat.

And it is a dick move, because Davebot has by nature already experienced everything Earth C has to offer. He's lived every lifetime, and so he's ready to escape it and get back to the action that matters. That's just the perspective of one who suddenly leaped ahead thousands of lifetimes of experience.

Start out with Meat
There'll be a point when Dirk suggests you read Candy, do that
Then finish Meat

This artist needs to get better at drawing feet in order for his art to be appealing.

>tfw jade gets shafted again
being a jadefag is suffering

>his

Attached: smug loli jade.jpg (265x284, 19K)

His fight in the Epilogue was pretty great though.

I just wish he was only Big Caliborn and not some stupid frankenstein of other characters. Why even introduce Caliborn if he's not REALLY Little LE?

Candy -> Meat full stop is the recommended order by the writers.

But regardless of order, don't read the Postscripts until you've finished both routes. They spoil the other route.

Buddy, you think you have it tough?

Attached: godtieridan.png (480x640, 254K)

>using the reading order Dirk suggests

Attached: (and I'd sell my soul for) by pugetsound.png (475x750, 158K)

dirk is right about everything except davekat

Prove that hoshime is a she.

See? You've built the narrative that protects you from differing opinions, and you're unwilling to step outside of it to see the words in front of your face.

They could having bent John over a railing and had the whole gang break him in as he cried for Nanna, Karkat could have been decapitated and his head attached permanently to Gamzee's codpiece, and I wouldn't give half a shit so long as it was actually funny and thematically relevant.

I can't make this any clearer. IT. WAS. NOT. GOOD.

It wasn't good as an endcap to the story, it wasn't good as a stand alone piece of fiction, it wasn't good as a parody, it wasn't even good if you pretend the fake lead into to plots that will likely never get picked up again were actually going to be resolved the day after the Epilogue was posted. It simply wasn't good.

It will never not be unfunny for everything that wasn't Gamzee and a couple moments with Jake.
It will never not be poorly paced.
It will never not be jammed with filler.
It will never not be a story told through expository vomits of plot and half baked philosophy.
It will never not try to lean on metanarrative to shore up the massive holes in the actual narrative
And it will never not be hide motivations and thematic through lines behind the impenetrable veil of "Ooooo, it's a mystery" to pretend that there's some greater meaning to things, to hide behind vaugeries and what ifs to avoid actually writing like it had half an ounce of respect for itself or it's audience.

A twitter poll, with a negligible sample size, for people who still give enough of a shit to follow the writers on twitter. As in, only angry children who are upset about there being naughty and adults things in a story with barely obscured horse penises plastered across the page, and adults desperately clinging to the bloated corpse of Homestuck, instead of just letting go and moving on like sensible people. You're looking at restaurant comment cards as poll data.

Well Jade did get literally shafted

So, what if the Dirk in the Meat epilogue did all that just to be able to continue the story indefinitely as a way to attempt to "save" his friends?

From my understanding, if a story ends completely the story of its characters ends with it, as they can't progress any further. Dirk with is meta-narrative perspective probably understood that, if no story would continue, himelf and all of his friends would eventually fade away once the story finally reached a proper conclusion. However by creating a conflict in the epilogue and leaving it open-ended the story could then continue from that point, if not by Hussie by some other author and thus, his friends would still technically be allowed to continue existing in another story.
So he himself became the villain so the heroes of the story could still continue existing.

The epilogue gave me massive flashbacks to the pony book Dirk re-wrote.

Speaking of someone did the whole fucking thing:
archiveofourown
org/works/2427119/chapters/5371283

Attached: why the fuck does 4chan keep telling me this post is spam.png (600x900, 884K)

The fuck are you complaining for, your guy got everything he wanted even though he only had one scene.

I'm very happy with the epilogues because it means that Gamzee has had sexual relations with most of the female cast, making him the most sexually desirable character in Homestuck.

No, I genuinely forgot to write about her.
I like a lot that she became a slut, it's a shocking yet good way to portray these characters as adults, but her dog penis grosses me out and retroactively makes me feel weird about her.

>one-off ooc joke
>everything he wanted

>Thinks he knows fuck all when he uses the word "filler" wrong, thus ruining any confidence people could have in his intelligence.
Filler isn't what you think it is, goodbye.

unironically better than homestuck

>Anime invented "filler"
Jesus Christ.

imagine being THIS MAD about the epilogue

Attached: 1394308165032.jpg (279x279, 28K)

>A twitter poll

Yea Forums polls, retard. It proved that the whiners like you are stupid fucking underage children who didn't understand the epilogue and/or got mad that your fanfics didn't come true.

>It will never not try to lean on metanarrative to shore up the massive holes in the actual narrative
I don't care about all your other pedantic bitching. What holes in the narrative? The epilogues filled in the majority of the ones left open by Act 7, so I can count the unresolved plot threads now on one hand. That's why I like it, because it completes the unfinished loops.

>your guy got everything he wanted
Didn't Jade?

The fact that you think it had even a single page of "filler" proves that you are a humongous retard who didn't understand the purpose of what you were reading.

>but her dog penis grosses me out and retroactively makes me feel weird about her.
when did Yea Forums get infested with these wannabe soccer moms and christian dads

Attached: 1377218010504.gif (2350x3700, 47K)

That is at least partially what Dirk is doing, but he's compromised by his own flaws that he decided to embrace, like how he clearly isn't actually over Jake at all. He's also at risk of making a story that no one really wants to read, which is the same as no story at all.

Attached: our humble narrator by oxfordroulette.jpg (540x540, 107K)

Jade is left alone and a mess in both routes.

You are precisely correct, that is exactly what Dirk is doing. He played the heel in his wrestling match, and he's playing the heel in reality now too. A necessary role, to create a villain that the heroes can fight against. All to create more narrative to keep himself and his friends alive. Like Roxy alluded to, Dirk doesn't even know where he's hauling ass in the universe too, just that he has an ambiguously evil goal to reach so the heroes can stop him.

It's like the original premise for Gwenpool. She knows she's in a comic and her goal is the become relevant enough to continue serialization, but not popular enough to be killed off for shock value for a more popular hero, or turned into a complete villain that a hero has to kill. It's a tricky situation and Dirk knows it very well.

>Jade in the canon sequel route is just a meat puppet plot device for Homestuck 2
>Roxy is a dude
>Rose is a robot
>Jane is a nazi
hahaahahahahaah women are shit am I right hussie???

Yes, this is what Dirk is doing.

Of course, a lot of people completely fail to understand this, and think the open ending means the epilogue is bad or that it means there will be a Homestuck 2.

not everything

Attached: ohmygosh theyre kicking!!!.png (1280x865, 84K)

Based Hussie

Yeah, it's a little mesed up how Dave and Karkat never actually confronted Jade in either root, they just took advantage of her being in a Calliope-induced coma in Meat.

Attached: ot3 from hell by TeemBle.png (1459x828, 570K)

I found Candy>Meat to be super rewarding because it delayed Meat's narrative big reveal a lot. If you start with Meat you get it too early.

So is Homestuck 2 gonna happen then

>jade gets out of coma
>first thing she does is fuck Dave and ruin everything again
Based dog

Way to ignore the MVP of the Epilogues.

Attached: terezi by tealtang.png (1277x1280, 684K)

no

Meat sets up Homestuck 2, yes
it might actually be Hiveswap and the Scratch thing is a ruse, and Dirk and the gang show up

I don’t think that’s why Rose was afraid, I think she was afraid because she’d become someone willing to leave everyone she loves behind and chase the story at the cost of everything else in her life. That she’d become more like Dirk. That the truth - the truth being that she’s a fictional character with no real free will - would make her unable to be happy with what once made her happy. It’s her grimdark arc all over again.
Or more simply, maybe it’s just about Dirk overriding her.

I’d love it if in a hypothetical continuation, Jasprose appeared and helped her remember her humanity. Which would be pretty ironic, but a childhood pet and a childhood self that both partially understands her state of being and is willing to taunt her with love and affection would be a good way to remind her of her soft side.

Dirk is totally going to wind up accidentally creating Beforus and thus get MIND CRUSHED by Mituna fucking Captor.

>that scene in Candy where John finds the car, has a meltdown and rips up the photo

Attached: 1377704213079.png (344x341, 9K)

The female character count really dropped, huh.

Calliope and Roxy are no longer females. Jane is out of the story, stuck on Earth C. Rose is a robot. Jade is in a coma, and is an hermaphrodite with a penis. Vriska and Meenah are trapped in Candy.

That leaves us only with Terezi and Kanaya, and maybe Alt Calliope.
Wow.

>that scene in Candy where John finds the car, has a meltdown and rips up the photo
You're misremembering. John had a meltdown upon finding the car and her supposed death, but he held onto that photo for ten years after that. He tore it up while looking over the balcony at Dave and Jade's wedding.

>Post yfw your favourite character gets everything they ever wanted
This clown fucks severely. No one can stop him.

Attached: le epic honk man.jpg (250x250, 10K)

Hussie hasn't written a single Homestuck update without assistance since early 2016. There's no way in hell he's gonna make Homestuck 2 a thing.

>and think the open ending
>open ending
How fucking retarded are you? It has more plot hooks than Act 7 you goddamn idiot.

I'm assuming the "new world" where they are going is going to have a shit ton of Stronk Women in it to balance things out, and Vriska will still be relevant through Terezi's phone.

Attached: 1377627168757.gif (200x250, 2K)

Dave and Jade get married in this?

I mean, Ulimate Dirk pretty much is just a less polished Doc Scratch. He's even grooming Rose like a creep.

Attached: lost control by spicylizard1.jpg (1280x820, 183K)

No wonder Dave didn't like Gamzee's and Terezi's relationship on the meteor, dude could probably hear the honks all over

People were furious because of shit like Jade being sad she can't have kids and how that means that a woman only has worth if she can reproduce

Made retroactively hilarious by Meat when we get the context.

I legitimately cannot understand people who don't think the Epilogues were funny on top of everything else.

Attached: not blood by tealtang.png (977x1280, 411K)

Yes, in Candy. Dave is pretty torn up because he likes both Jade and Karkat but isn't into polyamory, and Karkat eventually ditched him to go start a rebellion because Jane was oppressing trolls and being a dictator and he despised that more than anything. So he eventually married Jade but still had regrets about the life he chose, wondering what the other options would be and trying to ignore that feeling as best as he can.

>He keeps missing every point

yeah, in one route, but its a loveless marriage because Dave is gay and he basically just gives in to Jade

Let's ignore how reproduction and maternity are big themes of Space.

Attached: 200.gif (357x200, 628K)

So I'm on page 2 of Meat and forgot how much I fucking hate Davekat

>get beautiful wife with a massive dick
>still depressed
Holy shit Dave is a bitch

I feel like Epilogue Dave in both incarnations also just plain liked Karkat more than Jade. The problem is that Candy Dave combined that with his feelings about being attracted to Karkat back on the meteor and thought that that means that he's gay, while Meat Dave seems like he was able to realize he's bi?

It's kind of like Roxy's gender adventure, only not as good.

Yes, that is why Jade and Davesprite broke up during the 3-year trip. Dave has a really tough time sorting himself out, and defaults back to irony to mask his true self. This infuriated Jade, who wasn't able to bond with him deeply like she wanted. And the meteor Dave was the same way.

Why is Vriska such a better character than your favorite one?

Attached: 1479974195457.png (500x678, 161K)

>My arbitrary definition of filler means that every story must be exactly one sentence and everything else added to that is filler.
Kill yourself or educate yourself, make a choice.

According to the writer Dave is bi though.

He's just ultra patethic.

You're right, Vriska IS much better than (Vriska). At least that Vriska is nice to John instead of being an insufferable backstabbing bitch.

Theory: while it's hard, players end up depressed or lethargic if they aren't fulfilling their class roles.

Dave is basically useless sitting around because he's a knight of time, and he's protecting nobody.

Jade's inability to procreate leads to her own issues.

Because, even if it was at great personal cost to herself, she was able to successfully kill Gamzee.

Attached: double trouble by ms-lumi.jpg (500x500, 56K)

>Gamzee interacts with any character in some form.
>Leads to them in a relationship a few days later

Gamzee could fuck everybody. The only thing stopping it is their vicinity to him.

>Dave in both incarnations also just plain liked Karkat more than Jade

So translation: he's a bitch.

Gamzee existing in any capacity makes everything go to hell. Removing him immediately started improving every situation in Candy.

So,
John - Straight
Rose - Lesbian-leaning bisexual
Dave - Bisexual
Jade - Bisexual
Jane - Straight
Dirk - Gay
Roxy - Pansexual
Jake - Bisexual

I really can't believe the epilogues were partly written by someone who posted Aranea/Jake rape scat fanfiction on ao3.

Read candy instead. This is important.

Reading them, I really can believe that.

john "not a homosexual" egbert was immune to his charms

Essentially.

Ironically, the plot, scene-by-scene was 100% Hussie

This is one of the most well written "everything turns to shit" stories I've read.

The epilogues were partially written by someone who used to drawfag for us here on Yea Forums and draw all sorts of horrible baby rape smut.

Of course, you are too underage to know this even though it should be burnt into the mind of everyone participating in these threads.

That does appear to be accurate based on their couplings in the Epilogues, though why did you put Rose as Lesbian-leaning bisexual? I don't think it's wrong, but I'm also not sure about the basis. Was it because Jasprose was vaguely open about the possibility of fucking Davepeta?

>John - Straight
Correct
>Rose - Lesbian-leaning bisexual
No, just lesbian. She holds no sexual attraction to men.
>Dave - Bisexual
Correct
>Jade - Bisexual
No, she's still straight. She just happens to be a hermaphrodite now, which she didn't want to happen because she wanted to have kids.
>Jane - Straight
Correct
>Dirk - Gay
Correct
>Roxy - Pansexual
Probably
>Jake - Bisexual
Correct

Jade even said she wanted to have kids someday, and growing up alone it's understandable she'd want a massive family who love her as much as she loves them. This stupid bullshit with excluding her from the 'babies ever after' ending is awful because for all her suffering she went through in the game she's constantly denied basic happiness and even had her body changed to no longer accommodate her biological function she wanted (something that made Roxy not trans in Candy).

You're just angry cause Gamzee hasn't fucked your favourite character yet

Have they ever been in the same room?

Who am I to believe?

Attached: 1467078159053.png (650x650, 16K)

I really loved Rose and Dirk's interactions. That philosophy talk was pure gold, and channelled both characters perfectly. There was a strong Act 5 Doc Scratch/Rose vibe in there.
Fuck the haters, the epilogue was great.

So, was this actually the Epilogue? Were any of the Meat or Candy events canon? Is there nothing else?

Even though it was a long and dumb road, I feel like Candy actually ended on a pretty good note with the implication that people are able to better themselves even under absurd circumstances.

As long as those people aren't Jane Crocker.

Attached: He is a Man (He’s a Man!) boogie woogie woogie by Zonknuckle.jpg (500x461, 48K)

To be fair if she had had kids it'd make Dave look like an even bigger jackass for abandoning her in Candy.

Attached: 280.png (1752x1235, 279K)

Several times
John rescues Gamzee in the first place (per Roxy's orders) and Gamzee imposes himself upon John during his and Roxy's first date

Pretty sure Gamzee fucked my favourite character at some point and she was miserable about it.

Attached: 1462725041835.png (894x894, 559K)

M8, I read the whole of Family Never Ends years ago.

Read the prologue, "canon" is a term defined there by three separate categories instead of the usual way it's defined. They're both official, but one is more "canon" than the other.

D-damn, John looks handsome there.

Attached: 1472768828274.png (309x372, 68K)

Both are canon, but only Meat's events (besides any scene with Calliope/Aradia in Candy) have any ties to future events.

Every time Dirk interjects into the narrative I heard a record scratch noise in the back of my mind.

>DAVE: a bro can appreciate how attractive his bro has become and maybe get a little breathless at the sight of his chiseled jawline and manly facial hair without being gay about it

They mention that, aside from incest, Rose and Dirk are probably not in a romantic relationship because Dirk is gay, and they admit they never knew exactly what was Rose's deal.
I got the feeling that Jade has been fucking everybody on the planet. She was in a relationship with a Carapacian couple, and I assumed one of them was female. It's just my interpretation though, but I reeeaaaaaally see her as not really caring about what she's fucking.

>"You want this cake?"
Karkat: I WANT IT

It's funny, John's Dream Room (and thus his real room) being vandalized with clown graffiti belittling him was eventually revealed to be because of Gamzee's chucklevoodoos, and (Vriska) implied that John was able to passively alter reality to suit his mood. So even though it seemed like Gamzee wasn't doing anything except for fucking Jane, he might have actually been making everything really shitty around him.

Not just that, but he might have specifically been making everything shitty to drive Dave into enough of an emotional corner that he would become Davebot, since it sounds like Gamzee had an unnervingly acute understanding of what Dirk's plans were.

Attached: worst family by suncheo3.jpg (1280x1427, 216K)

>implying abandoning her when he's her husband was any better
At least with kids she can work through abandonment with them rather than experience again someone she loves either dying or disappearing forever on her, leaving her alone.

>I hate that the brief feeling of being crushed by this oaf makes my dick twitch slightly.

bottom dirk confirmed

There's a point in Meat where you're told to go and read Candy so follow that if you want

I wonder if that was intentional. I think Scratch did something like that too

He talks shit about Karkat and Dave because both are bottoms though.

>Dick so good you have depression whenever you're off it.

Yeah but with kids he'd have to basically justify why he hasn't changed as a person and why he's regressed totally.

Dad Dave would have been a good opportunity for him to grow as a person and finally be the Knight of Time he could be.
But it's silly to expect anything from Dave.

Attached: werewoof.png (1280x1280, 728K)

John not being the one to kill Gamzee in Candy was something that annoyed me. In no way did Vriska deserve that kill

yeah Dirk is an asshole hypocrite thats the point

Attached: 1377562414273.jpg (500x459, 67K)

So like, it was John's subconscious idea that prompted Roxy to tell him to release Gamzee?

Jade: bisexual and heteromantic

Yeah John likely has power to alter the narrative just because he's the main character, or perhaps because of his retcon powers. At any rate, he's just as powerful as Dirk/Calliope in that capacity, but he's not aware of it. Like (Vriska) said.
The epilogues give us a lot to think about.

To be fair, bottoms are always talking shit about other bottoms while glorifying tops. Bottoms are the fucking worst.

Dirk? Projecting his on baggage onto another person? Completely unheard of.

Dave is afraid of responsibility now. It's why he takes the easy option every time.

I AM THE 8EST

Attached: 1464375225982.png (124x260, 4K)

Caliborn > Dirk > Scratch >>>> Bec Noir

>jane's pantsuit and red accessories
>jake's sock garters
>gamzee's tux tshirt

I unironically adore this.

Too many artists fear The 'Stache.

Attached: Candy John by V-Sharp.png (375x675, 8K)

Is there more high quality fanart of the epilogue? While I was reading it I couldn't stop thinking about how much I needed fanart of it.

So I thought the Candy-verse was destined to remain inside the black hole and never affect canon. But isn't Davebot warping out definitely going to affect canon?

Attached: adultsprites_jane.png (375x625, 6K)

Jane described him as a bit "beefy". Does that mean he's muscular or fat?

There's a shocking lack of good fanart of Terezi and John fucking.

Nah you just slept with him. Don't make you special

Attached: Gamzee_Makara_glasses.png (214x270, 2K)

He needs to be forced into it. Being buried under a pile of blonde puppies for a few years might have changed his tune to not-bitch.

Muscular, but apparently he's actually kind of short. Shorter than the girls.

Attached: adultsprites_jade.png (375x625, 8K)

Yes, that's thanks to Calliope consuming Lord English energy to escape the event horizon of the black hole.
After that point it becomes sealed.

One of the moments I liked most in Candy was the scene where Rose stands on the balcony of the battleship she's on, illuminated by the rising sun, and thanks John for giving her the chance to be happy. She isn't plagued by her visions, no longer manipulated by villains, she has the people she cares most about around her, and she didn't condemn her close friend to death out of necessity to do it.

Candy is a hellworld, but it's also the only kind of world Rose can truly be happy in. She gives him a kiss on the cheek and a hug, which allows him to accept this world for what it is instead of what it isn't. It's one of the most genuine moments in that epilogue path.

This is why I think Alpha Dave would've been a bad parent to Dirk. Like, imagine Dave as a famous director. He'd be a legendary cokefiend who thinks the solution to everything would be to throw your platinum credit card at it.

Probably both, since Dave admired how manly he looks. Definitely more chubby than muscular though.

It's because tumblr's anti-horny rules have ruined everything. All that's left is twitter which has no reliable tagging system and that one NSFW booru where 90% of the art is like, titty inflation.

So was Terezi actually bleeding or did Candy John totally just find her cumstains? Even if she wasn't, I dont see Meat John getting to into the black-fucking to injure her like that.

Attached: 1531456150271.jpg (871x805, 234K)

taller than terezi though, terezi is canonically a lanklet

I mean, I feel like it's also a little undercut because (Vriska) and Gamzee are fucking in the bushes only a small distance away, but if anything that only makes that genuine moment between John and Rose even better.

Ultimate Rose herself said it best. She claims that Candy isn't any better or worse than Meat. Some people have it worse, some people have it better. They're just alternate routes that go up and down like real life.

Davebot, Calliope and Aradia escape Candy to go to Meat.

The only still maybe relevant part of Candy is Vriska who can communicate to Terezi through her phone. Dirk doesn't know who it is, so she may be key to beating him.

is Karkart shorter than Terezi though

Attached: adultsprites_dave.png (375x675, 7K)

Pretty sure John was just super insecure and thought she was black-fucking him when she was really just being rough or something.

Yeah no good art of them fucking, but I feel like there's a decent amount of good art of them being sad in a car.

Attached: we found love in a hopeless place (unraveling of paradox space remix)(until death version) by sizslu (500x500, 62K)

She had no injuries going into the act, she was just slightly malnourished.

So yeah.

Can Candy Vriska communicate with Meat Terezi though? Meat Terezi didn't seem to be having any sort of texts from Candy John as far as we know.

It was Dirk fucking with him at that point to make him (and Terezi) feel horrible all the way to his death, so we don't know how the sex really went.

Caliborn hating John so much that it made Dirk make him suffer through his last moments and rob him out of his confession was a nice touch

Dave as he is would be a horrible parent. Like Dave in general, there's a kernel there that could be someone worthwhile, but it just never gets nurtured and he ends up the worst version of himself.

It's like Hussie in a lot of ways.

Attached: dumb dogs.png (850x1110, 569K)

>Caliborn hating John so much that it made Dirk make him suffer through his last moments and rob him out of his confession was a nice touch
God I keep forgetting Dirk is "infected" with Lord English now and it keeps putting a new spin on every other situation.

Candy Vriska sends a text to Terezi and Terezi's phone goes off during Meat, but neither she or Dirk know who it is and we don't see if she ever reads it.

She received a message on her phone, but Dirk was able to make sure she didn't check becuase what he was saying was more important.

Attached: every day is like this by tealtang.jpg (1280x777, 275K)

are they banging in the bottom panel?

Huh. I figured Dirk honestly disliked John. They don't seem like they would get along for more than a minute.

That's her tail sicko. Jade would be a good mother and not fuck her children.

why is every tealtang terezi comic so good

Dirk is only evil in the Epilogues because he's corrupted by Bro/Scratch/Caliborn/LE/ARquius

It was a cumstain, or whatever the equivalent is for troll girls. John never hurt her, and for all the bruses and scratches she gave him, she didn't seriously injure him either. I like this parallel the best:

>terezi rears back with a faint snarl and wraps both her hands around his neck. she doesn’t press down, but the weight of her thumbs above his throat makes his heart race.

>She drops down and straddles him in a way that is unmistakably non-amorous, even to an extraordinarily obtuse, randy juggalo. She puts her shaking hands around his neck and grips tight.

Terezi never had any intention of seriously harming John, she doesn't want to hurt him. Vriska had serious intention of harming Gamzee, and murdered him. It keeps showing how kindhearted she is underneath her sharpness.

Are you blind?

Dirk probably thinks John is boring and dumb but not nearly enough to truly hate him like UltiDirk does.

So /hsg/ likes the epilogues now? This thread seems decently positive as opposed to when they first came out and everyone hated them

Even after reading the epilogue and homestuck, I don’t know how that happened

I can't see them getting along but I can't see them hating each other either. They can probably stay civil so long as no one talks about anime.

Attached: 1558267789957.jpg (2048x1536, 369K)

There was only one Terezi, the Terezi in Meat and Candy is the same. From her perspective, Candy happens first, then Meat. That's why, when she and John meet face-to-face in Meat, she says that he's not as old as she was expecting, since the last version of him she talked to was middle-aged.

She self-inserts into Terezi.

Attached: eats babies.jpg (500x5000, 1019K)

I just like Gamzee. I think he's neat.

It's mostly 'cause someone decided to hate on them in the most childish way possible and /hsg/ are contrarian above all else. A couple of days ago people were shitting on the epilogues as usual.

Heart power is "self" power and the Gods grow stronger into their Ultimate Selves over time. The Ultimate Heart is merging of all the different parts of the god in question into one ultimate being... and almost every evil character in Homestuck is part Dirk.

Jesus fuck I'm slow, how did I not get that.

The writers say that you should read Candy first. And I agree. If you already know the twists you can do whatever though.

>someone decided to hate on them in the most childish way possible
I must've missed that, what happened?

>She did a whole arc where Terezi had massive baby fever and kept trying to get Karkat to give her a baby

alright that's pretty good and isn't them being sad.

Attached: john and terezi by theworldofothers.jpg (500x701, 62K)

The Ultimate Self is taking every version of you from all split timelines, past, present and future and smashing them all into one. Dirk, naturally having an aspect of heart that had experience with this before, cleanly transitioned into his Ultimate Self without as much drama as Rose did. Sadly, this Ultimate-Dirk contains Lord English, Doctor Scratch, Auto Responder and all of the awful bad Dirks that have ever existed. This includes abusive versions like Bro.
This turned Dirk into a control freak who managed to seize control of the "narrative" and turn everyone in the comic into his personal puppet. Calliope is trying to stop him.

A lot of the hate was knee-jerk.

yes, that artist was clearly drawing a massive underage incestuous furry orgy.

based

>and everyone hated them
Yeah, if you were on Tumblr

So, are the epilogues leading into a new, to-be-announced Homestuck finale, or are they establishing a context for people to write their own fanfic conclusions?

Everyone hated it because it was initially written to make you disgusted at how fucking loopy and stupid everything became. Taking a look at it with a clear mind as a whole piece makes you really appreciate it.

>context
Context to ignore maybe.

If there ever is any continuation one thing I'd really like to see Vriska and Terezi do is open a memo, just because the cross-continuity madness seems anathema to any kind of narrative control.

>that comic where jadedavekat invite terezi into their poly relationship and a jealous vriska calls them dogfuckers

I want Rosebot and Milf Rose to fuck

>thread is still up

Survey time!!!!!!!!

>When did you start reading Homestuck?
>Favorite Act?
>Favorite Flash?
>Favorite character?
>Second Fav character?
>(Optional) Favorite ship?

I'll start:

Some buddy showed me the Dave vs Bro flash and I found it cool as fuck. The latest page was Jade descending down some stairs and seeing that green worm thing.
>Favorite Act
Act 4. It had the best flashes and introduced me to one of my fav characters.
>Favorite Flash
Jack: Ascend. I thought he was the main villain and the music was just brilliant.
>Favorite Character
Vriska. I just like edgelord losers the most. And I actually felt upset that she died.
>2nd Favorite Character
Karkat. Always repping him even if Hussie hates him. Can't go wrong with reading his dialogues.
>Favorite Ship
I watched like a million fucking ships go and sink. Vriska/Karkat I guess?

Attached: 1450990298110.png (642x816, 340K)

I still don't understand how Dirk takes the control over the narrative.
And aside from Bro the others aren't really Dirk's alt selves, technically, so I'm not sure they should be part of Dirk's ultimate self.

It's clearly leading to a new story featuring Homestuck characters, but Homestuck is "done" with the deaths of John and English.

>that comic where jade knocks up that one troll girl who cosplayed as her and has to convince Dave and Karkat to help abort the baby

>FUTURE gallowsCaliborator [FGC] 87624 HOURS FROM NOW responded to memo.

Part of it is he's destroying their sense of self in a sense by narrating, part of it is he inherited narrative control from Doc Scratch, and I think part of it is that he was always an analogy for Hussie himself in some way.

maybe one of his splinters is hussie

oh god i remember being in HSG near the endtimes laughing about how Hussie would never write a good, hetero romance into Homestuck
>he does
>it wasn't even him that wrote it out completely
>it was also sad as fuck

Attached: 1400785109887.jpg (906x1086, 68K)

Oh that's right, Rose is a legit milf now

2011, during Murderstuck.
>Favorite Act?
Act 6 Act 3.
>Favorite Flash?
I can't decide. Plenty of good flashes with different feelings.
Game Over is the one that hit me the most I think, but I'm very fond of WV: Ascend. The Battlefield flashes are also great.
>Favorite character?
Dirk.
>Second Fav character?
Terezi? Rose?
No.

to

OFFICIAL INFO ON CLASSES/ CLASS QUIZ WHEN??????

comic directly after when i finished reading was the flash where jade had squiddle nightmares
discounting the intermission, 5.2
descend
rose if we can ignore that act 6 ever happened, terezi otherwise
jane
daverezi

Terezi was my least favorite character in Homestuck and it took a fanfic writer for me to like her

>Vriska/Karkat
MY NIGGA

I still think it sucks. I get what it's doing, I just don't think it's nearly as smart as it seems to think it is. Detective Pony did it better and with less Jane/Gamzee lactation kink too.

I said from the first second that the epilogue would become highly regarded by consensus once emotionally compromised, stupid teenagers got done with their hissy fits.

Older fans knew it was good from the start, and the more autistic among us have written analyses explaining everything to the stupid kids so that they too have started appreciating it.

Rose was so bad in Act 6.
Her redemption in the epilogue was glorious.

>GC: WH4T 4 SW33T 4ND CH4RM1NG BUNCH OF STUP1D LOS3RS
>GC: DON'T FUCK1NG D4R3 T3LL 4NYON3 1 S41D 1T
>GC: BUT 1 LOV3 TH3M 4LL
>GC: 1 DON'T KNOW WH4T 1S WRONG W1TH M3
>GC: TH4T 1 C4N'T JUST S4Y STUFF L1K3 TH4T, D1R3CTLY TO P3OPL3
>GC: TH3Y C3RT41NLY DON'T 4PP34R TO H4V3 TH4T PROBL3M

Watch as part of Terezi's quest to revive John is literally just having the courage to say the words "I love you" to him, honestly and earnestly. That's the catalyst that finally wakes him up after he's healed.

If anything Detective Pony was a big heaping load of foreshadowing that disguised itself as humour.

Attached: day_8__anybody_want_pie__by_sinewypendels-d9jfqw0.png (1024x867, 469K)

>I just don't think it's nearly as smart as it seems to think it is.
That's all of the later stuff Hussie's directed

Early 2013, I believe.
>Favorite Act
Don't Bleed on the Suits
>Favorite Flash
Cascade
>Favorite Character
Eridan
>2nd Favorite Character
Clubs Deuce
>Favorite Ship
Probably Eridan/Dave

>When
2010 originally but I got bored after six pages and stopped, my friend got me seriously reading it at the tail end of 2014 by introducing me to the Lets Read version on Youtube and then finishing the rest.
>Act
Intermission (Midnight Crew)
>Flash
Cascade
>Favorite Character
Jade
>2nd Favorite
Eridan
>Ship
Karezi

Problem Sleuth is also much better than Homestuck, I wish I read it first.

Attached: truffle shuffle.gif (560x373, 35K)

>>When did you start reading Homestuck?
When Rose first started messaging John as tentacletherapist and there was a thread here about her chumhandle.
>Favorite Act?
Can I lump 1-4 together as one?
>Favorite Flash?
[S] Enter
>Favorite character?
Fuck. uh, John I guess.
>Second Fav character?
Equius
Dad Engelbert and Mom LaLonde

I mean, I'd nurse a grudge under these circumstances too.

Attached: shine razor eyes by sketchoodles.png (1280x944, 1.28M)

>I just don't think it's nearly as smart as it seems to think it is
I hate this bullshit, nobody ever says something IS smart, just that it isn't. what a honest critique

>Intermission
>Eridan
Good taste.

>I just don't think it's nearly as smart as it seems to think it is.
Why not? Why is it that when someone is trying to criticize something, they often say these exact words? What does this even mean?

To think this was 16 year old John too. How fucking terrified do you think Caliborn must've been when he saw 23 y/o John?

It's a pretentious way to call something pretentious

You can just make shit up for the most part my nigga.

>Hussie introduces Kid Condesce to flesh out Condesce
>later revealed Condesce acts just like Meenah

>introduces Kid Lord English to flesh out Lord English
>LOL JUST KIDDING ITS ACTUALLY A GIANT GOLEM MADE UP OF CALIBORN GAMZEE FUCKING EQUIUS AND DIRK

What did Hussie mean by this exactly?

Attached: 1430182585132.png (699x466, 532K)

I like the more complicated ones that aren't direct shit like "what power would u prefer: wind/time travel/teleportation"

There was one I took that went into like 3 different personality theory quizzes each 50 questions long, as well as a bonus one for determining it. Those are fun.

I think Dave is cool, is homestuck worth reading for him alone? My friend is keeps blowing me up by comparing me to him and it’s pissing me off so I need fuel to say I’m not

Thanks man, if you're you have great taste too.

Attached: NapoleonComplex.png (800x1200, 96K)

He gets bored.

Attached: andrew hussie.jpg (194x259, 9K)

It means Caliborn got what he wanted when he grew up by becoming a big threatening monster by combining himself with aspects that gave him what he lacked.

He's cool, but he has a character shift halfway through the series that makes him less cool at the expense of being well written. There are better characters.

Dave constantly regresses as a character and goes nowhere, eventually ending up in the gay version of Beavis and Butthead

Attached: caught1.png (500x1831, 1.1M)

I dunno why I still cling to this ship after Hussie revealed Tavris, Karezi and then Johnvris back then.

It just feels right seeing these two assholes together.

Attached: 1441797199508.png (900x900, 314K)

He's a main character and his importance never diminishes so yeah go for it.
But your friend is calling you a closet gay boy who thinks he's cool.

>Imps are mere monsters changed by John's choice of prototyping
>Ogres are bigger
>Jack is more efficient, then becomes an unbeatable demon
>Then Condy is the trolls' equivalent of a Jack-type threat
>Then LE is all these all together
>Then Dirk is all villains reincarnated

You mean Land of Celebration and Bell's test? Yeah that one was dope if you ignored the fan classpects.

He's good for jacking it if you get off to sad boys

Early Dave is possibly some of the best Homestuck there is. Him fucking around with his sylladex and fetch modus is great.

Attached: 1532997300326.png (771x1035, 1.17M)

Fuck, I didn't mean to post that image with that reply. I was originally replying to

It's this one, was fun to spend a couple hours filling out.

homestuckresources.tumblr.com/post/44417905011/homestuck-title-test

Right around Jack: Ascend
>Favorite Act?
Not sure, maybe Act 4
>Favorite Flash?
[s] WV: Ascend
>Favorite character?
Probably Vriska
>Second Fav character?
Honestly I feel like John can be pretty fun sometimes
Johnrezi won me over in the Epilogue

Attached: john and terezi by srbartsblog.jpg (1280x1280, 124K)

Attached: 1345327279215.jpg (800x2385, 380K)

Ok so, this actually seems like a cool concept. The fact that it's a function of the game that just went haywire because of all the past shit that happened makes it more believable it could happen.

But can anyone tell me if any thing plot wise comes from this? Does Dirk do shit just to control or does he actually have a reason for controlling that affects the story?

A friend asked me to read it before the Omegapause happened. By the time I caught up it was almost over and was able to experience the ending with him.
>Favorite Act?
5.1 Troll shenanigans were really interesting to watch.
>Favorite Flash?
Cascade
>Favorite character?
Caliborn
>Second Fav character?
Vriska

Attached: space v time.png (611x497, 174K)

Re-read this again.
homestuck.com/epilogues/meat/41

Well there goes the rest of my evening.

Anyone else enjoy thinking about interactions that never happened in canon but you would have liked to see?

Attached: 6bc705df6bac58536ee5f5b65a364b3e.png (500x570, 236K)

I wanted a good conversation between the four beta kids.

The main "plot" of the epilogues is closing the holes that Act 7 left open, meaning the leadup to Caliborn's masterpiece, the fight with Lord English, what happened to Vriska and the juju, and what happened to Terezi. John is the protagonist for these parts, while Dirk fights for control of the narration of it. But Dirk himself is trying to create a new story to keep him and his friends alive, because characters thrive on stories. Once their tale has ended, they might as well be dead. So Dirk will play the villain to give his friends something to fight against for their new tale.

It's really a shame Sollux and Aradia decided to step out of the comic.

Attached: sollux and dave by floralmarsupial.png (1227x2084, 565K)

What the fuck is that dave
Why are they a muppet

That explains nothing.

Aradia is coming back though

I'll give you some help, because those links are very old and dead.

>Jungian Cognitive Functions Test
similarminds.com/jung.html
>Triarchic Intelligence Theory Test
e2c2.com/files/Learning_Profiles_Retyped.doc
>HEXACO Personality Test
hexaco.org/hexaco-online

Have fun, user.

Then you'll probably never get it, sorry.

Except it's arguable that that's the case. Like even though Dirk hated how "pointless" the Candy world was to the point that he committed suicide, it still had some really good character interactions.

She's only hanging with Davebot and Alt-Calliope who aren't really great to talk to, and I feel like when everyone actually collides it'll just be a big fight scene that she won't even participate in.

Goodbye tan Jade.

Hello sexy tanlines Jade.

True, but its also a world doomed to narrative dissolution, despite what Alt-Calliope says. The only thing chronologically we know that's still essential and relevant in that world's future is that Alt-Calliope predominates and enters her session. And we already knew that, so we don't necessarily need to see it again. Which means Candy holds very little left to tie it to the main scenario. Lots of good character interactions, but you need more meat than that.

Attached: blackromkatnep.png (809x689, 214K)

To have tanlines you have to actually wear clothes at the beach though.

Did they have a fourway conversation period?

I miss chat conversations like fruity rumpus asshole factory.

dukeofriven.tumblr.com/post/184357988029/good-in-the-world
dukeofriven.tumblr.com/post/184899856259/classpectanon-anti-authors-and-authorial
dukeofriven.tumblr.com/post/184707407754/neither-meat-nor-candy-are-the-true-endings-to

this person made some good posts

it’s eluded us the entire comic, and continued to in the epilogues, literally being drowned out while they were in the juju. almost like a theme of how forgetting friendship is the biggest problem with everyone

They're wrong on the "Paradox Space doesn't care about intent" thing, because it absolutely does and that factors into doomed timelines, the alpha timeline, and godtier resurrection judgement calls. I remember that Hussie explained that Jade and Jane's deaths in Game Over were Just despite being mind controlled because they still did despicable shit, and the despicable shit balanced out with the unjustness of them being under mind control while doing it, and Aranea's Light-aspect tipped the scales ever so slightly in her favor, ruling them Just.

>almost like a theme of how forgetting friendship is the biggest problem with everyone
>Terezi sends heartfelt messages to Vriska before going off to her battle
>Vriska sees Terezi is pestering her, but actively ignores the message
>Dies as a result and Terezi chooses someone else to be with instead

Plus Jade and Jane while evil did have their inhibitions removed, so it was kind of shit they sort of wanted to do.
It just makes slut Jade all the more jarring though, since she wasn't the attempted rapist Jane was.

It's not really that jarring when you think about it, since all the Space players are naturally inclined towards fertility and motherhood. Porrim slept with all her friends she could, Kanaya's job was to keep an egg incubated until it hatched and could shit out trolls nonstop, and even Alt-Calliope is the mother of the paradox reality, caring for it as would one care for a child.

In evil mode Jade is a wolf. But she was always inclined to try and have a huge family, or at least sleep around.

dave becomes an alhoholic

Attached: shit bro were allcoholics now.png (803x677, 42K)

What's the point if she can't have babies

>When did I start
Don't really remember. It was definitely post cascade and sometime when the new group of kids were still the focus. Probably before Caliborn / Calliope showed up?
>Favorite Act
Not sure
>Favorite Flash
Cascade
>Favorite character
Terezi
>Second Fav character
Probably John or Caliborn. It was Karkat but they fucked him up a bit
>Favorite Ship
Epilogue really got me digging John x Terezi

What about calliope?

That's the cruel irony of it. She feels compelled to breed, but her biology won't let her.

Calliope is iffy, and I'd say she's been corrupted by her contact with her friends to be truly motherly or embrace her role in any way. Her true role is to just live and enjoy life's magnificence and grandeur, something Alt-Calliope never could. A role so passive it might as well not even exist as a mythological role.

They're crap.

Her passive space powers inspired Roxy to materialize the Mother Grub egg.

>She feels compelled to breed, but her biology won't let her.
It's not like Bec wiped out her uterus though

It's heavily implied it did.

Nah, just that she has a dog penis. She could totally use space powers to become a pregnant futa.

She outright says she and Dave can't have babies.

She didn't die, and texted Terezi from her perspective like an hour later.

Like to me, it doesn't really strike me as narrative justice, firstly because she only fell in the black hole due to Dirk deciding she needed to go, and secondly she only landed in Earth Candy after John let go of Terezi, which to me implies that he unintentionally delayed Vriska's arrival to facilitate his conversations with Terezi.

Yeah because she has a dog penis.

And no uterus.

I mean a lot of problems in the epilogue could be solved with their powers. But most people are kind of just lounging about letting things get worse.

it's a barely functioning thesis on ontological positioning of meta constructs in narrative, focused primarily on characters and thier place in the space of 'meta' and how that relates to the 'real world.' or how 'real' the narrative is, and what weight it is given in this context-- the conclusion of which is that 'reality' in a narrative is derived from fandom and fandom interpretation. it's a really weak position that fails on a number of structural levels because it takes the most extreme and idiosyncratic of fandom interpretation to provide as 'reality,' while ignoring both the philosophical counterarguments and in-fandom literary refutations.

hussie wanted to be an academic, but he would be fucking bodied by anyone with even a passing understanding of these concepts. fuck, not even someone intimately familiar with them-- just someone smart enough to work out that 'if you write something bad intentionally, the writing is still bad.' the worst part is he could probably figure this out on his own if he wasn't kissing the interior of his colon every fucking second while sycophants stroke his intellectual micropenis.

Why would it wipe out her uterus? There's no like, anti-uterus to merge into to wipe it out. All she says is that she's got a dick, but given the way things are phrased, it doesn't seem like she's considered all her options.

Jade's just dumb in the epilogue. Normal Jade would have figured that shit out no-problem.

The fact that she says she can't have kids means she doesn't have the parts you fucking moron. You can't just space magic that shit.

Sure you can, hook Dave up to a milking machine, teleport the materials inside, teleport em out nine months later.

I think she wants to have sex the usual way and be impregnated that way. She wants the "love" aspect of it too, not just the biological part.

The arrivals in Candy aren't really decided by Dirk though. Vriska goes in first, and is one of the last to arrive. Jade goes in sometime later, and arrives like ten years before Vriska. And Meenah hopped in a server gate after that and ended up on Earth C after Jade but before Vriska. But the story probably did frame Vriska's arrival to being after John let Terezi go, since then Vriska could steal that connection instead to be a text line for Terezi. Half of me feels like all of Candy Earth C is just to frame John's point of view on things to Terezi, so she can get to know him better when he showed up in person and decide to choose to live instead of die chasing Vriska.

Terezi says a lot about the troll perception of soul mates, and whether or not that's true she believes it, and believed Vriska was hers, but Vriska didn't truly help her heal or improve, just cover up the wounds that were there with bravado and coolness. Perhaps reality provided her with a different option, if she decided to see it that way and accept it.

>She wants the "love" aspect of it too, not just the biological part.

Well that's just depressing

>tfw stopped reading homestuck because I hated the community
>tfw Hussie hated it more than me
>tfw absolutely cherishing the fucking epilogues as a nail in the coffin

Thanks Huss meister

Attached: smug anime girl.jpg (638x720, 87K)

>She wants the "love" aspect of it too, not just the biological part.
So you're saying she wants to experience the pleasure of being cummed inside?

See you in Homestuck 2

Yes. She wants to be in a loving relationship and have children the way humanity intended her to. That's where her perception of "home" is. Not to be a walking baby factory, but be a wife and mother. She can just whip up babies any time she wants with ectobiology, or through jury-rigging with her space powers like people here describe. But would teleporting sperm to impregnate her and then teleporting the child out of the womb really be the natural way she wanted?

Yeah man I'l see you there.

Jade exists to be shat on by the narrative for wanting such a sexist, heteronormative thing.

Attached: sad jade.jpg (500x2000, 561K)

>Hussie keeps trying to break away from Homestuck
>he never can
HaHA

>Dirk advocated a far more toxic worldview: there is the only path. Anything else is irrelevancy.
>Doc Scratch teaches the audience about the Alpha timeline, and even though he’s up-front about working for the villain the audience takes him at his word because Doc Scratch is really good at convincing people he’s the Most Correct Person because he doesn’t get emotional, is objective, is rational, has every reference and piece of trivia at his command, and is totally omniscient. In other words he is a classic gas-lighter, and he gaslights the entire audience more than once, but the most damaging thing he does is institute Homestuck’s most-dangerous binary.
>The Alpha Timelime.
>The Alpha Timeline is Doc Scratch’s doctrine of canonicity: that there is only only one true, correct story for Homestuck, and that Paradox Space actively eliminates any ‘loose ends’ that don’t bring about the Proper Story Of Homestuck.
>But the Proper Story Of Homestuck is one in which all the heroes lose and die, all their goals go unfinished, and their hopes and dreams come to naught. The Proper Story Of Homestuck isn’t even a tragedy so much as a propaganda piece about how mighty and unassailable Lord English is (and the guy doesn’t even show-up in Game Over! Destroying our heroes wasn’t worth his time.)

well yeah, i'd imagine she wants the whole shebang: the love and affection, the sex, the pregnancy, the kids with loving parents, etc.

Attached: 0_AeztP_Yr7liea9KZ_.gif (650x650, 30K)

He truly is Homestuck

What happened to Dave saying he wanted a loving family post-retcon anyway.

You and your friend are stupid autistic teenagers, please leave Yea Forums until you are adults. You'll like Homestuck though.

He ended up being tugged at by two different forces that want that, and Dave HATES polyamory. That really screwed him up.

Jade couldn't have kids so he backed out

>that want that
Karkat doesn't give a shit about kids though

Attached: bikecuck.jpg (680x680, 69K)

Just starting to read the Epilogues and
>ROSE: In other words, there is an important distinction between events which can be considered to occur inside canon, outside canon, and those which are not canon at all.

>ROSE: The day we went through that door and claimed our reward, we passed a threshold between continua marked by differing degrees of relevance, truth, and essentiality.

>ROSE: Those are the three pillars of canon.

This could relate to what Hussie meant when he said all fantrolls are canon?

He mentioned he'd make a bad parent because of the way Bro raised him

Yet he was a pretty swell guy around Harry, so maybe he was just underestimating himself.

Coward

the act of characters self-referring to now being outside of canon events due to their main 'story' ending but wanting to fulfill lost holes regardless and debating how 'real' their existence is according to others and their own perceptions is galaxy brain and the quality of writing in the epilogue alone trumps what we were given in the majority of homestuck as a webcomic

Rose and Dave have fucked in alternate timelines. That's canon

epilogue eridan isn't eridan, it's a caricature put up by incompetent d-list fanfic writers who would rather send a limp, uninspired message about masculinity than produce a well-rounded character with a compelling story

>dog dick is good because degenerates
if we were on /d/ this would be a different discussion, but dog dick jade in canon homestuck is retarded

Inside canon: Homestuck
Outside canon: "Fake" parts of Homestuck that still interact with the canon story to some degree such as Homosuck and the Candy epilogue
Not canon: Trash like the snapchats and the Condesce backstory, basically anything that isn't on the Homestuck website. Also fan fiction.

shut the fuck up you larping evangelical nigger

Eridan was always a joke, silly boy.

The breath comic is canon in essence

What was the narrative point of giving Jade a dog penis

>That's canon

Source.

No? Thought not. The only thing that's canon is that "something" happened between them.

The breath comic isn't actually about freedom, that was the meme associated with it because that was the discussion at the time. The comic itself is about how John always gets bossed around by girls, which gets him killed. And that's absolutely canon, but also something he needs.

From what people are saying, it's because it alienated Jade from people and stopped her from becoming a mother like she wanted, and this lack of fulfillment caused her to be a third wheel to Dave and Karkat.

>dickgirls aren't human
Sounds about right

It 100% explains why she's fucked in the head emotionally. She is a monster freak that wants to be loved but can never actually get that love.

OUT OF MY W4Y F4TT13S

Attached: A950977F-3AA6-4F80-BC3E-554AC0A51B6D.jpg (400x277, 27K)

Christ, why does Hussie hate Jade so damn much

This was our last chance to have this fucktard story tied up in a bow. Who the fuck actually wanted this cliff hanger horseshit?

She’s fucked in the head emotionally because she lived her whole life isolated from the world with nothing but a dog and a giant empty house full of her dead grandfather’s creepy shit, and her dead grandfather

>muh finality
addicted

I thought I knew how Homestuck ended but what the fuck is all this about Dirk being all the villains and dick girls. This shit went off the rails when the alt kids were introduced

Attached: 1350440047724.gif (180x135, 230K)

just read the epilogues and stop acting like a boomer

Fuck you and fuck this shitty comic

10 FUCKING YEARS

get a life

Hussie wrote an epilogue. Check out the website or do you need us to hold your hand?

>This was our last chance to have this fucktard story tied up in a bow.
This was your first fucking mistake. The moment you wanted an Epilogue, Hussie put on his proverbial colon smashing gloves and looked you in the heart.

The same reason 90% of the characters turn into garbage in the epilogues

Because fuck you

Imagine taking three years with assistance to write novel length trash

Attached: 1556817300384.jpg (1280x878, 126K)

C4NON1C4LLY CORPUL4NT

I honestly didn't think any of that was canon, just Hussie fucking around. Guess i'll go read it

What's with all these peabrained kids getting mad at the epilogue?

Some have argued that the reason Hussie keeps sidelining Jade is actually because he's fond of her and doesn't want to write her being in pain, but instead just has her miss out on stuff.

Whats woth all the Hussie cokcsuckers loving the epilogue?

Well it says "tales of dubious authenticity", so it doesn't matter whether it's canon or not. It's designed by Hussie and slapped on the homestuck webpage. It's a "take it or leave it; possible future" thing but it's not set in stone.

>muh happy endings
Authors do not cater to escapism anymore, especially ones that don't get paid.

I dunno I guess they just appreciate that it's a pretty cool addition that's funny, frustrating and unusual.

It's really not canon, until something else makes parts of it canon later.

>Meat Dirk
>Lol why would I'm too much of a pussy and a big brain to kill myself lmao
>Candy Dirk
>lads watch me live out my greatest meme *sudokus*
Is Dirk actually retarded

>doesn't want to write her being in pain
>epilogue is nothing but her being in pain
Just give the doggy a puppy huss

>Is Dirk actually retarded
Are you?
He killed himself because he didn't want to be part of an irrelevant timeline.

ITT: Sunken cost

Attached: 1554140478453.gif (450x450, 202K)

First

But I read the whole thing in one go and liked it.
Second.

Attached: 1555180557137.jpg (512x512, 70K)

No Nep, no justice

Attached: nepspin.gif (216x222, 40K)

>Early 2016. I heard about it through the Undertale community and finished it just before 4/13 of that year.
>Favorite Act
Intermission 1. I fuckin loved the time shenanigans.
>Favorite Flash
[S] Cascade. It was a great ending to act 5, and the music was 11/10
>Favorite Character
Aradia. Reminds me of myself when I was younger.
>2nd Favorite Character
Terezi. JUST1C3!
>Favorite Ship
Don't care for shipping personally. John/Terezi if I had to name a ship.

Attached: nepeta art.jpg (1020x1000, 162K)

2014, I think
>>Favorite Act?
Act 4
>>Favorite Flash?
Cascade
>>Favorite character?
I'd say Karkat but he became a fucking wreck so Caliborn
>>Second Fav character?
John
>>(Optional) Favorite ship?
Eridan and Vriska (kismesis, of course)

discord.gg/Dmn8Eg6

Attached: 1555861258573.jpg (180x180, 12K)

I honestly don't remember. But it was definitely before Jade entered the Medium because I remember that flash
>Favorite Act?
6-2 because it had Squarewave's rap battle in it and I couldn't guess where the story was going for the first time, and Hussie finally dies
>Favorite Flash?
Jade: Wake up. Watched it at 3am and it fucked me up
>Favorite character?
Kanaya is my patron troll so she wins by default
>Second Fav character?
Diamonds Droog in all his incarnations
Rose/Jade/Kanaya

>Eridan and Vriska (kismesis, of course)
good taste

I can't believe I forgot Jake died from peanuts

Does the Condesce backstory involve the ancestor trolls too? The ancestors were unironically one of my favorite parts of Homestuck, Troll Jesus included.

more like Joke amirite

>Dirk uses orange text
>Hussie is an orange man
Brainlets, I swear

Orange man bad

Pretty recently, somewhere near late October-early November in 2018
>Favorite Act
Hivebent
>Favorite Flash
[S] Begin Intermission 2
>Favorite Character
Tied between Karkat and Sollux
>2nd Favorite Character
Jade
>Favorite Ship
Don't really have one

Attached: 1478931071079.gif (382x352, 21K)

And then he dies from penis.

I can't wait for the Epilogue Epilogue on 6/12!

Attached: 1396820241769.jpg (400x400, 35K)

Epilogue Epilogue Epilogue is where the real action is.

See you all in 2029!

Attached: John LOWAS.gif (650x450, 13K)

your aspect is Hope i see

thank fucking god

fuck jannies

late 2010
>>Favorite Act?
either 4 or 5.2 depending on my mood
>>Favorite Flash?
JOHN. RISE UP.
>>Favorite character?
feeling partial to john these days
>>Second Fav character?
caliborn or rose
>>(Optional) Favorite ship?
davejade

actually commit forever sleep you worthlessly indolent horny faggot. knotniggers need to be dragged through the street and hung.

>implying that there's any more coming
this is the end of the line

if hussie meant for him to be a one off joke then he shouldn't have made eridan best boy
if anything caliborn is the joke character

Yep
skaianetsystems.com/

because GENDER

jade's soft tummy

>imagine getting cucked by yourself
>imagine getting cucked out of your life by a tooth while cucking yourself
Why couldn't John win in either timeline

Attached: #stillthebest.jpg (1018x785, 79K)

why is he so based

Attached: 02416.gif (650x450, 28K)

What's with all the masturbation over this boring non-entity?

He's totally unironic about everything, which is great

he's a misanthropic incel
he's literally /ourguy/

remember when karkat was funny and not just a bitch

Attached: 2177.png (656x400, 19K)

yup.

Attached: karkat in a hamster ball.jpg (750x750, 363K)

Karkat as a villain, y/n/?

Attached: evil karkat.png (1100x800, 758K)

>Dirk is the only one who's able to attain his full potential
>everyone else flounders about like fucking retards
Why tho

dirk is pretty much the only one who's both driven and smart

Sounds awesome, but what would motivate him?

He hasn't fulfilled his potential at all. He allowed himself to become a puppet to his worst possible selves like a tool.

pussy

Dirk is motivated

Attached: vergil dirk black.png (1024x768, 709K)

February of 2010. I think Hussie had just finished the Intermission.
>Favorite Act
Intermission. Act 5 is a close second.
>Favorite Flash
WV: Rise Up or Jack: Ascend.
>Favorite Character
Pre-A6, it's Karkat. His portrayal as an ornery jackass with a sensitive side really spoke to me.
Post-retcon he is my least favorite character.
>2nd Favorite Character
Eridan
Otherwise, probably Dirk, John, or Jack.
>Favorite Ship
WV/PM/AR. Otherwise it's a tossup between Davejade, Johnrose, and Johnkat.

Attached: wvpmar3.jpg (1080x1080, 100K)

>Eridan
This thread is based.

Attached: dante dave.png (1024x768, 1.01M)

What's so great about Eridan "Moirailzoned" ampora

>your potential is proportional to how nice you are
>acting like literal omniscience isn't up there
Ummm

I wonder how fluffy it is

What?

>Dirk admits his overbearing ass is what led to Jake wanting to bail on him
>acts like it was all Jake's fault in the epilogues
Dirk's a fag

summer 2011, i caught up just after cascade dropped, everyone going fucking nuclear over that is one of my earliest memories of the comic
>Favorite Act?
act 4, but the intermission and act 5 act 2 are very fucking close
>Favorite Flash?
[S] Enter and Cascade are tied
>Favorite character?
tie between caliborn and terezi
>Second Fav character?
pre-retcon dave
i fucking hate shipping shit but daverezi was incredible. sucks that even their friendship was totally scrubbed in favour of davekat and vrisrezi tripe, what a fucking crime

>gets jake to fall in love with him all over again for the sole purpose of breaking jake's heart
dirk is a chad

her dick

The Economy

Sorry, meant for

depressingly soft

Don't, we had the courtesy of this thread for some nice discussion, which I appreciate. Let's not push our luck.

in like a week

Probably not for a while, it's honestly remarkable that this one lasted this long.

preferably in a week
we're on a the Yea Forums equivalent of indefinite probation, and im not about to be the one to fuck up our parole

Good thread lads

Attached: 1557762102725.gif (640x480, 114K)

I'm just glad I got a chance to post a bunch of the art I've been saving, Homestuck always had great fanart, and it's good to see that a good portion of that community a: still exists and b: isn't put off by the epilogues.

Attached: ultimate dirk by cassandraooc.gif (500x455, 73K)

I hope Terezi is able to tell John she loves him.

Post Aradia lewds

But she doesn't, lad. That's what makes it so tragic. Her feelings are, of course, intense for John, but they're completely different from love. At least, the sort of love John feels.

Fucking up so much he regresses back into classic Karkat who has a hateboner for John.

Cue the finally awaited John vs Karkat battle with zero subversions. Oh, and he got god tiered pages ago.

Attached: 1436867251870.jpg (770x798, 97K)

Eh, it's possible that Dirk was just saying that specifically to make John feel bad because he has an inexplicable grudge against John.

It's a shame too, because I felt like the trolls being a polyamorous race was interesting but it seems like Hussie wasn't really into doing anything with it.

Any good fan adventures?