Iron man villains

Who’s your favorite?

Attached: 0D044921-CEF9-445D-954A-1878E779B45B.jpg (320x320, 47K)

whiskey

It's a toss up between Unicorn and living laser.

THIS JOKE GETS MORE FUNNY EVERY TIME I SEE IT

Attached: 1552125581022.jpg (650x650, 85K)

Titanium Man, Living Laser, and these guys

Attached: Blacklash Spymaster Beetle Blizzard.jpg (725x524, 178K)

This guy, unironically.

Attached: IMG_8031_2[1].png (655x332, 438K)

Attached: 1553507401879.jpg (500x500, 46K)

The Ghost

Attached: ghost.jpg (346x640, 23K)

Wow. Pffft. Haha. Holy shit, are they for real? Man, good thing MCU got rid of these costumed clowns and got Iron Man some real serious threats to fight.

Ghost

Like?

These guys
Also Madame Masque and Firebrand

Attached: 3cdabc34438f4f1143f9aaa24565a754.jpg (1090x1600, 530K)

Whobis best Firbrand? The OG radical left one, the mutant one or the female one?

Madam Masque.

OG all the way.

What does Stark think about his villains? For whom does he have most sympathies? Who does he hate most? Who does he fear most? Who does he pity most?

Crimson Dynamo

>What does Stark think about his villains?

He doesn't

Original Crimson Dynamo redeems himself and actually works for Tony, even sacrifices his life for him

Unicorn is underrated.

The Melter was the worst and I don't even understand how he was a threat in a fight. He's fucking annoying because he can melt your factories and stuff but Tony could have just made a bow and arrow out of plastic and shot him in the face. Or just hit him with a baseball bat

Iron Man has villains? And he has comic books? Holy shit.

He prefers not to deal with them but they still piss in his garden.

Attached: stark future.jpg (1015x9600, 2.33M)

Vanko gang, represent! Pic unrelated

Attached: RCO005.jpg (988x1500, 518K)

Hammer

I like EMH's design

Attached: Crimson Dynamo ENH.png (425x604, 155K)

Hypnotia

Attached: 7461B235-A220-4DC0-8C32-3D606018B4E4.jpg (300x299, 19K)

I'm huge fan of armored adventures design

Attached: Dynamo_Withstands_Guns_IMAA.jpg (621x463, 60K)

I do too, but I still felt it somewhat missed the point. Dynamo is Russian Iron Man. A direct counterpart. Titanium Man is the one that is bulkier and stompier, the battering ram to Iron Man's Lamborghini.

But it had a nice retro feel to it and those finger gatling guns were neat.

Attached: Airstrike_Armor_from_Soviet_Super_Soldiers_Vol_1_1_0001.jpg (972x1080, 380K)

I liked it too, but it's a bit too bulky and more a small mecha than a power suit. Still, I like its updated history.

Mandarin, Ghost, Justin Hammer, the Stanes

Attached: 1558135186074.png (724x855, 428K)

Remember when they turned Blizzard into an inhuman, gave him blue skin and everything, but then they didn’t give him actual ice powers, they gave him incredibly weak electricity powers.

Attached: 995AC6C9-411C-4BAB-93F9-2D37D36969BB.jpg (379x500, 124K)

Attached: 600F7C0E-FBFA-40FA-9FC7-6221961AB55C.jpg (2560x1955, 1.55M)

Given how Vibro looks like he was drawn by a completely different artist, I'm guessing Greg Land couldn't find an image to trace and had to freehand it.

Energy powers seems like a perfect synergy for powered armor, skip out on the power source and no one can use the armor except you.

When I was a kid I used to think Ironman was Chinese because his enemies were the Mandarin and a chinese Dragon, and also because his origin story is in Asia.

>I've never read an Iron Man comic but I'll act like my opinion matters anyways

I'd say Crimson Dynamo III, Obadiah State/Iron Monger, Fin Fang Foom (Death Seed really made him a terrifying enemy for Tony), Justin Hammer, and Mandarin (issue 94 all the way to the 90s and Enter the Mandarin).

I love when Mandarin really just starts amping up him game and Mantlo plays on the direct opposites of him and Tony.

That’s Larocca, not Land.

>For whom does he have most sympathies?
Probably Guardsman I, Kevin O'Brien, who was a very close friend of his. Tony even entrusted him with his secret identity and wanted him to be the next Iron Man figure. But the suit was unstable, and wearing it caused Guardsman to lose his mind and attack everything. Then Tony accidentally killed O'Brien while trying to incapacitate him safely. The incident haunted Tony for a while, and even cause Kevin's brother Michael to come into the mix, where Tony tries to actively save his mind like he failed to do with Kevin.

>Who does he hate most?
Probably a tie between the Mandarin, Stane and Hammer. State and Hammer attacked Tony in very personal and low belt ways, with State even threatening the life of a baby to protect himself. Mandarin he hates just in general by how evil, calculating, and willing to sacrifice human life he is. In #100 Tony loses his shit when Mandarin just randomly kills one of his men for fucking up, but mainly because how easy it was for him to do it.

that's a dope design, is it the third Crimson?

Oops, forgot to answer the rest.

>Who does he fear most?
Probably either Mandarin or Fin Fang Foom. Tony's said before that the Mandarin was not only his deadliest enemy, but he was worried about dealing with him again, considering how radical, cold, methodical, and powerful he is. Fin Fang Foom for a while was Iron Man's Doomsday essentially, moreso than Ultimo.

>Who does he pity most?
He's actually shown pity and sympathy with a lot of his villains. Even though Living Laser and Ghost caused their own miseries, when Laser was becoming pure uncontrolled energy and when Ghost was phasing out of existence he felt bad for both of them.

Third Dynamo was Nevsky. He was an understudy to Anton Vanko who infiltrated Stark Industries and tried to take it down from the inside. He blamed Iron Man and Tony Stark for Vanko being put into a position to kill himself.

Ivan Vanko from Iron Man 2 was a weird culmination of Nevsky, Boris Bullski (Titanium Man), and Whiplash. Not really sure what Favreau was thinking.

>Not really sure what Favreau was thinking
That there are something like 8 different Dynamo pilots spread across 13 armors so he combined a few and added in elements of several other villains to round out the character and add a more unique design to them.

I would like to see the Dreadknight brought back.

Attached: 0678499C-7F97-4D0B-B19E-0D48E9FDE968.jpg (540x640, 85K)

None of that worked, though.

Honestly, he could have just make the villain Nevsky with the Vanko motivation from IM2 intact, and just like the comics have the Dynamo suit be powered on electricity, showing Vanko and Nevsky's ingenuity and ability to match Tony in ways he wouldn't expect. You could've even had Whiplash just as a lesser bad hired by Nevsky, and Nevsky made his tech to throw Stark off.

ghost and madam masque

Stark probably hates The Mandarin the most because as shitty as Stane and Hammer are, at least they have straightforward motives. The Mandarin wants to destroy civilization just so he can play out his fantasies of being Genghis Khan.

Isn't he undead? Stark could need more magical opponents.

He doesn't have enough charge to power anything, only to cause a surge in electronic devices.

True

When was the last time that Sunturion showed up?

Attached: imann9_28.jpg (624x374, 130K)

The worst one.

Attached: starkmirror_05.jpg (2048x1556, 187K)

Would you believe its Salvador Larroca?
I dont know what happened to him but he turned into a Land knock-off a few years back

A man of taste, I see.

Firebrand was pretty great in the 90's cartoon.

Attached: firebrandandhissupporters.png (996x753, 758K)

a fine choice

Not originally, he was a latverian noble who shit talked Doom, so Doom grafted the helmet to his head.

He's not magic either, he's tech.

>be Noble
>one day a gyp comes, kills your King and takes over the land, replacing all culture with monuments to himself
>the same gyp whose mom killed all the babies in the land a few decades ago
>now you have to serve him and his whims
>all he wants is to kill some guy from college
Can you blame the guy for being pissed?

Technovore has a lot of potential to be a truly powerful Iron Man villain.

Attached: Technovore_(Earth-616).jpg (600x611, 116K)

Whiplash and that Commie one

The best villain any IM comic has ever had.

Attached: latestcb20140916202139.jpg (1300x649, 80K)

Fifth, I think. Valentin Shatalov. Don't think this particular design showed up much, latter dynamos mostly used Bukharin's model (the one with wrist gatlings and Shredder helmet).

>Fifth, I think. Valentin Shatalov. Don't think this particular design showed up much

It only appeared in that one comic story, but most Crimson Dynamo toys are of that armor.

Original Firebrand was retired and killed in the 1980s when the violent radical left weren't relevant anymore, something like him is overdue for a comeback as an Iron Man villain.

I see a 2007 poster came back

hi I'm the middle guy you linked, I was a 2010-2013 poster, but back then I mostly posted on /g/ and /r9k/, with a dash of /k/ sometimes.
Although I was also 13-16 at the time.
I came back about December though, and almost exclusively stick to Yea Forums, although I started going to the gym in February so now I sometimes go to /fit/ for memes and advice.

I loved how weird that got in the cartoon shortly after the USSR ended. His moral reflection and choice to fight the psycho was pretty cool.

I liked Melter. His powers forced Tony to make upgrades, which is always fun. I agree that Unicorn's underrated though. He would've made for a cool action scene in an IM movie.

The one who jumpstarts volcanoes.

>For whom does he have most sympathies?

Blizzard, probably, because he's just a kid..

>Who does he hate most?

Probably the Controller. The Mandarin is more dangerous, but few people at Marvel period are as despicable as the Controller.

>Who does he fear most?

Pssssh. Ultimo, probably. Ultron, although he's not really in his rogue's gallery.
Fear is not a natural response for Tony. Or anger.

>Who does he pity most?

Madame Masque, I think.

>Fear is not a natural response for Tony. Or anger.
How so?

Interesting thought.

>Death Seed

DRAGON SEED

Sixth.

>He doesn't think about that time that Hammer drove him to drink and had his armor kill an ambassador on live TV
>He doesn't think about that time Stane took over his company, stole his blue prints, held his friends hostage, threaten to murder a baby, and commit suicide just to spite Stark
>He doesn't think about the multiple times where Mandarin beat his ass, once to the point of almost dying, or having to watch helplessly as Mandarin kills innocent people and mocks Tony for being upset
>He doesn't think about all the villains from the Armor Wars, where he literally made it his mission to chase down all of them
>He doesn't think of Crimson Dynamo II, who killed his friend Anton
>He doesn't think of Crimson Dynamo III, who almost wrecked his company from the inside out
>He doesn't think about the first Guardsman, who was one of his best friends and Tony was responsible for driving mad and killing

I can do this all day, you filthy MCU casual.

Decades.

Well, no. He has no potential at all, since he was destroyed over twenty years ago.

But he was blown to bits, he was a self-aware nanomachine replicator assembly, and last I checked Justin Hammer was floating through space in a block of ice...

No idea. Just not his personality, I guess. He just doesn't get scared or shocked, and he also just doesn't get angry like some superheroes.

I mean, that scene in 'Civil War' where he finds out Bucky killed his parents and goes apeshit, that just doesn't happen in the comics. It's brief moments, at most.

I would like an event comic about Iron Man losing his mind and declaring war on the Avengers or something, and for once does not hold back. "Melting point"!

But he's right. He doesn't think about those things. He deals with them and moves on. He's an engineer to the bottom of his heart.

>No idea. Just not his personality, I guess. He just doesn't get scared or shocked, and he also just doesn't get angry like some superheroes.
I kinda like that. It goes with the whole "man or machine" theme. And it differentiates him from Batman. Because Bruce is extremely emotional, much as he likes to pretend otherwise. Whereas Stark just goes with the flow, of sorts.

His name is the funnest to say.

I wish he and Stark did interacted a bit more. Ghost is like a diseased mirror image of Stark.

Attached: Rust_(Earth-616).jpg (297x380, 48K)

I like that too myself. Stark is a guy who genuinely enjoys his life, if you excuse some rough patches. He’s a Chad Thundercock fucking women since he was 13 with his Big IronDick. And he’s content with that. Meanwhile Wayne is a scared little kid that finds joy only when he beats people up. But on the other hand is more emotional and a bit more of a leader. I think it’s an interesting dichotomy, especially with how frequently they are compared.

>He’s a Chad Thundercock fucking women since he was 13 with his Big IronDick.

No. No.

That's something people get wrong a lot.

Tony is flighty, but that's mainly because he. Always. Gets. Burned.

Always. All his serious relationships with women end in almost cartoonish tragedy. It's not just that she cheats on him, or gets cancer, or her once-believed-dead husband returns. No. It's always dialed up to eleven.

Janice Cord - Gets killed in threeway battle between Iron Man, Crimson Dynamo and Titanium Man. Two of them are in love with her and she never learns Tony is Iron Man. It's not even as if she is introduced and dies, no, she had history in the comic.

Marianne Rogers - fell in love with Tony's closest friend, who then died after having been driven insane by the Guardsman Armor; she then developed psychic powers and went insane herself, and was put in an asylum; she came out, tried to kill Tony while in a psychosis, mindwiped Mordecai Midas, then lost her mind completely.

Kathy Dare - a fling who turned into a psychotic stalker, then tried to kill Tony; he was paralyzed instead. She was institutionalized, eventually released on antipsychotics, then committed suicide at Tony's wake after he died from the complications of her attack.

Whitney Frost - Started out alright, now is a paranoid psychotic killer who may or may not have a gruesomely disfigured face.

Rumiko Fujikawa - came closer to being Tony's life partner than anyone, was killed by complete nobody-viillain disguised as Iron Man.

And that's just off the top of my head. Tony is radioactive and he knows it.

Living laser
because of the during the I:AA he was both evolving from the guy trying to fry irorn man, to saving him
also the power of turning into prue enegy is so cool

Yeah, but the point is that he moves on the next woman. And it’s canon that loosened up in his teens and started whoring around. The man drops his pants in public every time he can. I’m sure there’s a reason... I know he’s a bit of an emotionally stunted person, but whether he gets cucked or they die, he does move on and doesn’t ask questions. Compare that with Batman who flirts but rarely seals the deal, and even then it’s just a facade, and who’s always looking for a deeper connection until it goes south and he vents for years. Tony rebounds in the next arc.

Care to give some examples?

I’m on my phone now, but there’s that scene in Avengers Assemble (the book) where Carol or Jess propose he and Banner drop their pants and walk through the city in the morning for everyone to see. He just drops it right on the spot. There’s that scene in the final issue of Fraction’s run where Pepper knocks on the door and he comes out of the tub without a towel and talks to her with a playful tone. There’s that scene from the mini with Spymaster during the Extremis era where he undresses completely in front of Doc Samson. That time where he fought a member of X-Statix buck naked. That’s from the top of my head. He ain’t really ashamed of going naked in public, so...

Oh shit, maybe you were referring to the rebounds. But it’s kinda true. I can’t check the individual issues for a proper chronology now, but he moves on from women pretty quickly.

>maybe you were referring to the rebounds.

ding.

So since OP used Titanium Man and several people said Crimson Dynamo, do you fine folks think Tony's recent usage of NANOMACHINES, instead of classic hardware suit, takes some of the threat away? Back in the day, a commie in a bulkier suit was a challenge, but now Tony can just reshape on the fly. No foe can really catch up, technology-wise. Does it diminish Iron Man's rogue gallery?

Attached: Villains_TitaniumMan_Gremlin3.jpg (150x269, 66K)

Some villains did diminish in threat because the tech progressed and they couldn't compete but other villain are still a threat because they either are of equal genius as Stark, can attack Stark with powers he can't really prepare for like magic or alien tech.

Attached: StarkGhost.jpg (1042x1600, 319K)

mine too

Attached: 8d1c1b2a05ac3209392bc2b72ae3f841--comic-book-covers-comic-books.jpg (236x335, 23K)

Bullski, Gremlin or someone else?

Isn't Bullski a freakin giant?

He is. He was already a brute at the start, and then got upgraded to be something like 8 feet tall. Dude is almost a space marine at this point, and him not being used these days is quite a shame. You'd think the current political climate would bring out more old timey russkies.

Has she ever appeared in the comics?

DC has a bunch of chumps dressed up like playing cards, Tony has a bunch of goobers dressed like chess pieces.

Attached: AC990ED1-9669-483C-8E94-8D93F2906EF9.jpg (887x960, 169K)

No, it's a pretty common complaint that Tony's foes have a bad tendency to stagnate while Tony never stops improving. Hell, most of the time his villains start out objectively inferior outside one or two elements.

Nope. Cartoon exclusive

The Royal Flush Gang use immediately recognizable symbols that are standardized among card decks worldwide, rob banks, and fly around on giant playing cards while having a pun name. The Chessmen are a corporate goon squad whose motif isn't readily apparent unless they're all together, and have consistently failed to do anything of note. Their most effective member were the ones who didn't actually use the chess motif. Just look at your pic, two guys riding on a flying playground toy.

Ghost.
Don’t care much for the MCU version.

Attached: 574ABC7B-63C8-46FE-A6D5-0F3190F8C98F.jpg (283x300, 15K)

He had Black Lama, who was an alternate reality Gerald Ford with magic powers.

>When was the last time that Sunturion showed up?

Possibly in an Avengers Annual, around 2013, the story focused on parallels between him and The Vision, as "company men" who felt defined by their jobs.

>You'd think the current political climate would bring out more old timey russkies.

The current Avengers run is using the Winter Guard, including Bukharin as the Crimson Dynamo, and is playing up international tension between the two teams a lot.

Ghost has a lot of potential; his anti-corporate angle is gettung more and more relevant. He may even hack into the various spy agencies and reveal their secret like a more aggressive wikileaks.

A team up between Ghost and Firebrand (original, or someone like him) would make a lot of sense.

Isn’t original Firebrand deader than disco?

Yup. Scourge of the Underworld got him.

He was one of the Scourge victims brought back by The Hood during Punisher's book during Dark Reign, but died again. Doesn't have to be the original Firebrand, they can make a new one that reflects the modern violent far-left radicals.

The female one is the latest one.

>the modern violent far-left radicals.
A bunch of teens posing tough while saying how they're totally going to wreck Iron Man's shit, only for the people actually trying to wreck Iron Man's shit to be someone with loosely affiliated beliefs lumped in with them as part of the greater Left?

Already exists.

Attached: Firebrand_Rick_Dennison.jpg (363x432, 38K)

Would be fun to team-up a superpowered antifa teen with Ghost, who is fucking tired of the teens bullshit.

Attached: ghhost.jpg (1024x594, 254K)

The Unabomber made some good points though...

>We are the voice of the working class who will not be silenced! We will overthrow your nationalistic, capitalist, fascist, corporate empire and usher in a new age of socialist society!
>Babysitting for Firebrand this week, Ghost?

>Doesn't have to be the original Firebrand, they can make a new one that reflects the modern violent far-left radicals.
>reflects the modern violent far-left radicals.
>modern violent far-left radicals.
Stop pretending this is a thing.

haha, imagine if Fing Fang Foom was a girl and she said this. OWO

In America it's mostly a bunch of blowhards, vandals, and the occasional low wolf actually willing to commit serious crimes, but in the rest of the world there are still violent far-left groups. If anything a new Firebrand should be Asian or South American.

>and the occasional low wolf actually willing to commit serious crimes

They're hilariously incompetent, though.

Floyd Lee Corkins II, James Hodgkinson, Jonathan Oddi, etc. were all set to commit mass murder, yet failed to kill anyone.

Micah Johnson killed 5 cops and was taken out by robotic suicide bombing.

Black Nationalists are not in the same vein as anti-capitalist terrorists that were prevalent during the Soviet Union.

I miss the Thunderbolts...

>Got anything else for your buzzword salad?

...It's weird they don't exist anymore.

Bump

He did before Civil War.

Not really. Primitivism is a brainlet ideology.

I said /some/ user. Nuking everything isn't the way to go, but widespread tech having destroyed society and personal relationships isn't something controversial. Like everything, there areboth pros and cons.

worse. Tech isn't the problem, its all too human greed, shallowness and apathy that is the true cause of many modern societies flaws. Ted was a serial killer that bombed people because he was a crazy lone man.

*If you compare modern society and society a hundred years ago or more, then one can see that's things didn't got worse.

>Tech isn't the problem, its all too human greed, shallowness and apathy that is the true cause of many modern societies flaws.
Those things existed since the dawn of time. Yet society is a whole lot different from then. I wonder what the difference is... And yeah, he was a crazy murderer. It doesn't mean he didn't have some good points. Stopped clocks and all that.

Arguable considering that many black nationalist groups adopted tenets of anti-capitalism and Marxism and that within the modern context Black Nationalism, much like outright anti-capitalism, has been muddied as an ideology.

Bullski

i don't know which is sadder or