Adult men read this

adult men read this

Attached: Justice League (2018-) Annual 001-021.jpg (1988x3056, 1.21M)

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/co/search/text/Doom best written/end/2017-12-31/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Honestly, it dawns me up sometimes just what the hell I’m wasting my time with.

Why is DC trying to copy Marvel out off a sudden? Morrison's view of the multiverse was good and original, who's idea was this? Bendis? They are also doing that marvel zombies rip off.

It's Snyder, and he apparently was given the idea in person by Morrison.

How is this like Marvel?

It definitely seems like Morrison with worse execution. Introducing Perpetua as the incarnation of the DC Uni/Multiverse was probably always Morrison's endgame right before fucking her.

Too bad "Perpetua" screams "Eternity ripoff".

>planet necklace

More cringey donut steels from Snyder.

>Okay but above the kai is the grand kai
>And above that is the supreme kai
>And above that...

Adult incels bitch and moan about what people read lmaoooo

Things were so much better when creators didn't attempt to force their OCs into the established lore.

It's just Ladderbro.

Attached: polaken-and-their-fake-history.jpg (962x597, 235K)

>adult men read this
>marcuck manchildren start company wars

You mean you? I didn't mention Marvel. I read more of DC and essentially only Cates' books and Immortal Hulk by Marvel.

We're living in the time of fan fictions. What's weird is that we also live in a time where OC can make you rich if you go to an independent, yet these supposed star writers continue to force their shit unto Marvel and DC.

Attached: 13422092.jpg (300x300, 20K)

>Eternity ripoff"
DC already had a female Eternity ripoff named Kismet in the early 90s. They're just repeating themselves at this point

Attached: Adventures of Superman 500 Life after Death_Page_32_Image_0001.jpg (861x1382, 120K)

The design fucking sucks and that pearl necklace looks dumb as hell.

It ends the same either way. If you go independent and do well enough your company gets bought by DC and your characters get folded into the DCU.

Kismet got dicked by Eternity. Wonder which sector of space did Eternity's dick poke.

Terrible design. Terrible conception. Just terrible.

when was the last time that happened

DC tends to forget and subsequently redunducize characters a whole lot

It's all so tiresome.

How many years until some chucklefuck fanfiction writer DC hands the keys to decides to make yet another godly OC above her?

>If you go independent and do well enough your company gets bought by DC and your characters get folded into the DCU.

And then, they make your minorities characters even more minorities

Attached: wildstorm.jpg (1041x1600, 381K)

I meant Mignola, Millar or Kirkman more than Jim Lee.

They already did, it’s called DC the House if Ideas, a omniversal force of ideas.

I read everything. But even I, with my swine-like taste, think this is garbage.

I will, however, draw Perpetua being fucked by Empty Hand.

Sector 666.

>what is: the one above all?

it is more like Eternity tbqh

Nice to see Snyder's super special, awesome mega story is just a rip off of Ewing's First Fundament story.

Have some shame, for fuck's sake.

Proof that Marvel is better. More organized and its characters actually get used for proper stories instead of being quickly forgotten.

Eh, she's a better concept than Yuga Kahn and her design is better than Galactus, I'm willing to see where this goes.

Attached: 536248517082218509.png (128x128, 3K)

Not like that. Perpetua is a lot more like the First Firmament.

Q.E.D.

>she's a better concept than Yuga Kahn

Fuck no.

>Be Darkseid's dad
>Literally everybody is afraid of you
>Destroy worlds just for a snack
>Be unstoppable, invincible, the greatest terror the Fourth World knows
>Will you now take control of the universe and rule it with an iron fist?
"Fuck that shit, I want to know the truth of the Source"

>Proceeds to do exactly the same thing that gets him trapped the first time

I like that. He could conquer the universe, but he doesn't care because, as a prize, it's insignificant compared to what he truly wants but can never have.

>reading Cates
You just invalidated any complaints you have about Snyder's garbage. Both writers just shovel out edgy plots and OCs like it's going out of style.

>rando edgy OC's design is better than Kirby's

You heard it here first, folks.

>reading Cates

I also read Snyder. I never said I enjoyed their books, but I've read some of theirs that I found good. I liked the first few issues of Venom and not just because of the art.

Why does it feel like every new big elite DC villain is an attempt to ape Morrison? Barbatos and Perpetua fall right in that line.

Every character was somebody's OC. Just so happens Galactus is a good concept with a horrendous design.

enlighten me on how this horrendus design is better than Galactus

Looks fine to me.

kirby designs are terrible. I don't get why people like to pretend that he was good at that.
Yes he was a good artist and his art could be trippy, but he sucks at character designs.

>dna hair
>planets necklace
>random circle around her head
>multiversal threat wearing a tank top

Yeah dude, so much better than Galactus' design.

>big dude with a helmet
Any other design is better by default, I'm afraid.

To each their own, enjoy your shitty OC.

Yes, how dare I enjoy my original creation by a writer who isn't aping the same stories from decades ago.

>gal in a tank top
>better than anything

Must be hard to be a Snyderfag and typing those things with a straight face.

>a writer who isn't aping the same stories from decades ago

No he is just aping stories from less than a decade ago, that makes it better lmao

I'm still waiting.

Hope JL Odyssey goes to the YUGA KHAN reveal

Are you the retard complaining this is a Morrison rehash? Because this is nothing like what Morrison has written.

I have never mentioned Morrison once in this thread idiotic Snyderdrone.
But now that you mention it, yeah he is also attempting to ape Morrison while keeping all of unsuitability at writing untouched.

And imagine going as far as thinking Snyder is somewhat decent, delusional dipshit.

not to mention the guy is going against both Morrison and Kirby in order to defend him, this is honest to god the most hilarious thing i have ever read on Yea Forums, what a fucking retard.

>adult men read this
no, only manchlidren

>yeah he is also attempting to ape Morrison
You've never read Morrison or you're much better off sticking to Marvel shit, boomer.

>And imagine going as far as thinking Snyder is somewhat decent
Never said anything like that, just found it fucking hilarious that you're making fun of someone for enjoying an ORIGINAL CREATION while you're sucking Galactus cock because BIG HELMET BASTE.

wow, you are dumb.

How long until they reveal the existence of a mother of all the mothers of monitors?

>Marvelfag because i think Galactus has a better design than that shitty thing

Thanks for stepping out as the corporate whore you are.
Anything is good as far as there is a DC printing on it, this is the problem with the current state of Yea Forums, idiotic drones like you who thinks everyone is picking a side just because you are retarded enough to think there is a fight.

>You've never read Morrison

You have just read Multiversity and thought it was the best thing he ever wrote, corporate whore.
No point in indulging further with a retard like you.

>Marvelfag because i think Galactus has a good design at all
Indeed.

>the only thing Morrison property he can reference is Multiversity, where nothing like OP's pic remotely happens
This thread is a laughing riot full of normies.

Yeaaah, because aping a story from 2 years ago is so much better.

Fuck outta here with that shit.

I was considering using Cadian models to represent my IW cultists, meant as slaves that are sent into battle the classic IW way. They already look pretty mutated to begin with
How would you suggest to convert them to show that they aren’t just normal inbred Cadians? Painting them all bruised and beaten up is a must, and I was considering trying to convert one with a broken arm on a sling, but do you have other ideas I didn’t consider?

Attached: D7B6B324-5482-4278-8726-AB2801EBD877.jpg (381x492, 41K)

Wrong thread, sorry

the best part is the spinoff about the murdering black criminal that ennis wrote the writers koran for that literally said there couldn’t be any white people in it except murdering criminals that were bad because they were white murdering criminals instead of black ones like the main character who did a lot more murder and crime than them but it was ok because he was black and his victims were white

friendly reminder. Sandman takes place in the Dc universe and Sandman flat out tells you that the Devil and God are both real and the most powerful creatures in existence so I don´t know why this Monitor lady is lying about creating everything

Are...are you really claiming that no other universe has a fucking creator god in it?

to be fair, Perpetua or whatever her fucking name is is only said to be the builder (not the designer etc) of ONE universe and that she's supposed to answer to a higher authority. Presumably the Capital G God.

Can someone actually tell me what the hell is wrong with a desire to read and tell stories about grand, cosmic-scale events? People have a natural inclination towards the grandeur, towards these mythical larger-than-life concepts. You cannot tell me the very idea of godly beings easily manipulating planets, galaxies and universes does not intrigue you subconsciously.

Attached: dolphincat.jpg (700x524, 58K)

this seems like some kind of one-upmanship
>oh yeah well MY goddess is super duper immortal infinity plus a million from beyond the Multiverse so fuck YOU

So why isn't she naked?

Does she have nipples?

Not when it's a silly purple man in space, and space always seems small in those stories.

Always.

>Design better than galactus.
Why say dumb things?

yeah? and? this seems cool. Liking cool things is sort of what adult men do

I dont read any of the Rebirth or Nu Marvel dog shit.

Attached: 6BD188CD-5A16-4577-AB62-71596E6A5115.jpg (1280x720, 138K)

>Grown man plays vidya in which he literally raises a child who isn't his.
>thinks DC and Marvel are dog shit
Yikes. Have fun being a legit incel faggot.

>a horrendous design

If you say so.

This, this is some high-end plebeian bullshit.

It's implicit. She's not the be-all end-all of everything; she's one of a species, the worst and nastiest one; so there are others. The Judges, whoever they are, are above her.

I am so tired of this shit.

I much, much preferred Morrison's explanation.

It literally states she is the creator of this Multiverse.

Also, the name 'Perpetua' is astoundingly stupid.

>being a picky cringelet about your entertainment
>not enjoying dumb shlock the same way other men enjoy sports or Shark Week

Bruh, all of Mexico filled stadiums to watch the Dragon Ball Super finale. A fucking titty bar promised free lapdances if Goku won. To cringe is human, to exult divine.

God I wish I could have sat in on that meeting.

>"Morrison, I want to write a sick story about Superman that makes Dies Irae and Demonbane look like kiddie hour but how am I supposed to escalate from Final Crisis and Multiversity?"
>"Well it's simple, really. If you remember, I had Glorious Godfry refer to the New Gods as Prime Celestials. Now hear me out, what if you introduced a new race of beings known as...the SUPER Celestials?"

Attached: DBStrippers.png (524x745, 470K)

How can Atreus use Spartan rage if he isn't Kratos' son

But user unlike TOAA Perpetua can't be defeated by collecting some anchors she left around in every universe and fusing with the Cosmic Abstracts

Attached: HELP ME ADAM WARLOCK.jpg (2048x1575, 872K)

Only when they use those grand concepts to make complex and meaningful stories. Most comics like this, especially nowadays, are garbage.

>you are Kratos
No, you are not.

so why the hell is Lex and brainiac jacking off to her

>tfw Goku didn't beat Jiren
>17 won the whole shit
>nobody got free lap dance

They think she's their mommy.
Which she is.

I mean what she apparently wants to do is what they want to do too, just on a larger scale.

Oh, Jim...

Telling instead of showing is what kinda sucks here.

>there are dozens & dozens of DC writers but 1 canon
fag

This seems to suggest the Monitor and the Anti-Monitor came into existence before Dax Novu.

Attached: Monitor.jpg (1988x3056, 848K)

Why did you do that to me? I had no hopes on Odyssey and now I do.

I like that someone is trying to expand the DC cosmic pantheon, but for whatever reason the additions always fail to stick. Remember DC's take on Galactus? Yeah, and nobody else does either.

Attached: Imperiex_Prime.jpg (1950x1498, 649K)

>Not when it's a silly purple man in space,
I don't get your complaint here. Are you complaining that the man is silly because he's purple? If he had a more natural skin color, that would be more realistic and less silly or what? Or should he have not been a man, but a shapeless abomination? Because those usually don't make very good protagonists.

What nonsense.

He had one goal, one purpose. He fulfilled it in the most horribly ironic way possible. His story is literally self-contained.

However

Attached: Galactuspov.png (551x820, 876K)

Let's be fair, the way that battle actually ended I don't think even Toei would dispute it was a victory for Goku even if 17 was the official champion. And the spics are so madly in love with Goku I could see strippers giving free lapdances anyway as long as the clients wear black spikey wigs and orange gis

See, Jim just proves my point about managing your expectations. He had a tight, punchy story to tell about Thanos with a conclusive ending-and then he took a big golden shit on it because at the end of the day artistic integrity doesn't pay the bills.

Confusing as the Monitor origin story is, the idea I got from it is that Monitor-level beings are so vast backstories grow up /around/ them with their baseline as probes sent by the Overvoid. Which explains everything and nothing; if Perpetua "grew up" around the other two as their backstory-mom then how does the Source/Presence fit into the whole thing as their apparent boss when per word of Carey the Presence is born and shaped by mortal minds

>reading comics in 2019
lmao

kys underage

What, is this literally God saying they need Adam Warlock's help and when Adam wonders whether they really are omnipotent and the God reees???

>cosmic
There's your problem. It's so overdone.
I prefer streetlevel crime fighting any day, it's way easier to be original and interesting with it when it hasn't been done in 40 years. Also the more you meddle with multiverses the more embarrassing it becomes, just set the limits and stick to them once and for all.
Whenever they try to introduce a new cosmic character ever since Crisis on Infinite Earths it feels like two kids playing free for all rock paper scissors.
>rock
>gun
>shield
>sonic blast
>plasma beam
>invulnerability
>magic powers
>cosmic powers
>god
>God's god
>God's God God of gods
>fuck you

Well, if we take the Overvoid as the 'blank canvas' from which emerged, unbidden, as a crystal in a solution, the Multiverse, and from the contact between it and the Overvoid, the Monitors were born... and they, by nature of their being, generate their own stories around themselves, which is what I (and apparently you) got from 'Final Crisis'; and if what you say about the Presence is correct, it might just be what the minds of Multiversal (ie emergent) minds project onto the Overvoid, which then ipso facto is real, since it's after all just a blank canvas. In the context of story, whatever is on the paper is canon, so the Presence is as real as any other thing. What is white paper? Nothing. "perfect".

The Living Tribunal. And apparently Jim is re-framing "Above-all-others" - which is his, possibly deliberately, different name for 'One-above-all" as not the ultimate power.

>then how does the Source/Presence fit into the whole thing
The Guardians' origins are just a convoluted and confusing with no actual timeline. Has anyone ever tried to chronologies the Marvel and DC universe before?

While we are on that topic, what are your favorite explanation of the creation of a said fictional universe from any media?

FUCKING HACKMAN

Oh wait

Yes.
Yes, this is Literally God/Stan Lee basically saying "OH FUCK. I FUCKED UP. I FUCKED UP SO HARD, I am completely dependant on the alternate version of you I didn't turn into a cosmic judge because I left around too many cosmic anchors and despite being theoretically omniscient either failed to foresee or prevent a big purple man from leaving me vulnerable by absorbing the other cosmic beings. Please hurry up, I don't want Daddy Thanos to fist my asshole through my mouth"

Above-All-Others also got namedropped in Avengers: No Road Home where his house was described as the ultimate font of creation IIRC. He's all but confirmed to be The One Above All, there's no reaching without outright headcanon

Galactus' design is fucking stupid user. You're just used to it because he's been around forever. If it came out now people would be shitting on it nonstop.

See this is all fine and good to talk about but then this canon Justice League #19 page specifically says that even Perpetua, the cosmic baddie in OP, answers to the Source, who now controls or at least passes judgement by cosmic raptor upon the "greater omniverse" outside the scope of Perpetua's creation (which, I remind you, is the DC multiverse). Which bizzarely implies by definition, the Source now holds authority over ALL FICTIONAL SETTINGS apart from DC and that as an extension of the Presence holy fuck imagine how powerful the Presence must be now.

And now the current JLD run is revisiting the idea of the Great Darkness. This is some Demonbane/Dies Irae/Umineko shit right here.

I just gaeve up around the time Eternity and Kismet started making out. Also I like the creation of Roundworld on the Discworld just for how petty and stupid it is

>a young wizard has to sell a magical nuclear reactor to traditionalist older wizards by billing it as a magical heater in the dead of winter, it undergoes a meltdown becase the only safeguard (a heavily medicated insane wizard) wandered away, the most prominent 2 senior wizards argue furiously the computer-shaped magical automaton saves everyone's asses by funneling the excess magic to create a void without magic and one of those senior wizards eventually kickstarts the universe because he stuck his fingers in the void and twiddled them. Nonmagically.

Whoops

Attached: RCO017_1555488574.jpg (1988x3056, 1.87M)

Okay, user. How about you show us a modern age design of a cosmic being that looks better than Galactus?

>The one above all others.
Barely a namedrop, though.

IS the Source an extension of the Presence, however?

Its name seems to suggest everything comes from it.

Personally I do not care for this increasingly complicated hierarchy of cosmic beings of ever-higher tiers.

Unless it turns out that the very highest tier hooks unto the lowest and it's cyclical.

Its really sad how the TOAA and the Living Tribunal have just ended up being a bunch of weak ass bitches lately.

I miss the days when writers knew how to use their fucking cosmic gods.

The presence is limited by the imagination of its creations. He creates them and they create him. The Source/Overvoid on the other hand is a concept that trascends the 4th wall (It's a blank canvas basically) and could easily encompass all fiction.

>barely a namedrop though
I mean the laternative is that totally coincidentially there are 2 cosmic entities associated with white, gold and creation defined as being superior to the whole Marvel multiverse and the Living Tribunal reports to both. I think that's an unnecessarily convoluted twist, and based on how generally uncomplicated it's been I feel confident Marvel's recent lore agrees with me.

>IS the Source an extension of the Presence
I have no idea what's going on now, but I seem to recall that was the implication in the past. One thing that sticks out is in Carey's run, when Lucifer flew off to look at all creation through the Aleph he simply passed the Source ignoring it completely. Coupled with the Presence being defined as the ultimate creator of the DC cosmos at the time...

On the other hand, the Carey run also indicated the Presence was only one of several previous and yet-to-be creators. Of course none of them exactly show up to try to kick his ass in the story so it's all up in the air.

To be fair I'm pretty sure this is literally the first time TOAA has ever jobbed. The LT has long been a joke, though. It's a miracle anyone pretends to take him seriously anymore, it's like he became LESS competant than when he was just Adam Warlock.

>all fiction
Including the one where Darkseid found an equation that let him overpower it?

Morrison sort of retconned that and made the source and the overmonitor almost the same thing

Doesn't Hypertime mean everything is canon?

Well yeah but it still exists within a source/overmonitor that dwarfs everything else put together

I really like how Snyder takes Morrison concepts like the Overmonitor and turns them into mundane big space people

and by like I mean hate

They aren't the same. That one is an incarnation of the universe, while Perpetua is supposed to be its creator (but still bellow the source in the overall rankings of DC entities).

This is nothing.

Yea Forums is filled with adult men that pay to read "DOOM BECOMES OMNIPOTENT OMG" stories every year, praise Marvel for recycling the same story every 12 months and swear that it is the best story ever written.

I'm pretty sure Kismet was only turned into an eternity ripoff for the DC/Marvel crossover because she was the closest thing to eternity at that point. For years her role in the cosmology has been almost nonexistent. Same as the spectre and living tribunal becoming analogs when their functions are wildly different

Plus Perpetua is more like a beyonder than Eternity.

don't you ever get tired of posting the same thing over and over and over, Thomas?

Are you literally autistic

i'd wait for that storyline to end since there is clearly something wrong with that dude

Alright, time to debunk this shit.

The closest Marvel analog to Perpetua is, without a doubt, the First Firmament. Here, I'll break it down:

>Both embody the mutliverse
>Both are the cosmic originators of the mutliverse
>Both eventually turn evil due to their creations
>Both come back and want to return the current multiverse to it's original stale

As you can see, they're basically carbon-copies of eachother.

>Are you literally autistic
Am I the one paying to read the same shit story every year? Am I the one swearing that this shit story is a masterpiece of literature?

yes, you're the only one who says that

Why do you tell lies?

desuarchive.org/co/search/text/Doom best written/end/2017-12-31/

Tommy what did you even hope to accomplish with this

Every beloved character was a donut steel at first.

This whole run feels like bootleg Hickman Avengers.

I hope that one day "DOOM BECOMES OMNIPOTENT OMG" won"t be considered the highest point of comic book writing by this board.

Is that too much to ask?

When the fuck has anyone ever done anything with Yuga Khan?

show me one single Yea Forums post that calls Secret Wars the best comic ever made

just one

They finally had cosmic done properly and then they make trash like this?

Attached: 5kKUxoxOMJ7s1k9DFIsJAVgnmET4Xzg97jir2o8FNsiP057KLyQG0DEVfjWNMXqv9YPAnC77NgQ-=s1600[1].jpg (1600x1230, 288K)

So is this actually sticking around or will it be retconned?

It's a shit idea that doesn't actually fit with anything else in the higher DC cosmic and its meta interactions.

Retconned in two years tops.

New canon supercedes old canon. Morrison changed it so the New Gods are just as important as the Judeo-Christian God. They all live in the plane.

Yikes, take the dick out of your mouth and stop shilling. I read Marvel or DC just none of the trash released now. How bout you get some reading comprehension you braindead fuckwit.

When did Kirby make Yuga Kahn?

Getting sleepy halfway through the post
Wish i had your free time but none of your raging autism.

Attached: rentfree.png (724x855, 428K)

Darkseid is stronger tho, since he exists in the entire multiverse all at once.

presumably user was referring to Galactus

>He had one goal, one purpose. He fulfilled it in the most horribly ironic way possible. His story is literally self-contained.

That didn't stop Doomsday and Bane from coming back over and over.

Yes and?

Sandman and his pals operate on a whole diferent level, these cosmic beings *may* think they are the top dogs but it's just that they don't know there is somebody above them. It's like when Luthor "died" and inquired Death about the whole Nekron and the black lanterns brouhaha, and her reaction was pretty much a "meh".

It think his point is how shit this concept is user.

Darkseid is a chump that got knocked out by a mortal man that was full of edge and despair.

When did that happen?

Attached: batman punching a grunt.jpg (3975x3056, 2.83M)

the Endless aren't necessarily more powerful than other cosmic beings, i.e. they could win in a fight, but they're just fundamental parts of the cosmos that can't be removed or killed or anything so it's just kind of pointless to fight them.

Remember when Superman literally sang Darkseid into death?

Tommy shut the fuck up already, goddamn.

this is one of the worst designs i have seen in years
and why in hell is she wearing a tanktop and some copy and pasted planets on her neck? Usually those dumb character concepts have some cool designs at least, but this is some ugly shit right there.

Final Crisis was a mistake.

Final Crisis was great. Shit in the OP is what you get when you let people who didn't read it overwrite it.

The Endless are the children of the avatars for Time and Space, they came into being after The Presence created those concepts. They are multiversal, and at least Death is explained as being able to exist past the end of the universe. Darksied and other beings consider them peers, and one of The Endless is actually responsible for creating Superman.

The Presence is an avatar for the white wastes/monitor mind, it is the hand of the thing that created all monitors, anti-monitors, and etc.

Lucifer is powerful because he can actually survive in the Monitor Mind, the white wastes that exist between existence. Only beings strong enough in their own character and will to survive in a total vacuum of context and causality can actually exist in the white wastes of the monitor mind.

How come none of these powerful cosmic beings are willing to pull a SMT , and help a messiah in taking down the empty hand? Surely some wish to create a world of LAW or CHAOS?

Attached: 5948-1413601591.jpg (250x248, 14K)

let´s be honest TOAA will reveal that he planned this happening all along and just played texas hold em while seeing how it would end

What makes it great? The event is a slog to get through.

One more God rejected! This whole thread. Smash them all.

Attached: Tumblr_mcks56OmpV1rj0em9o1_500.jpg (499x750, 123K)

Perpetua doesn't embody the multiverse. And she didn't turn evil because of her creation. Perpetua is part of a race that comes from the source and has been manipulating the universe for their own ends since the beginning of time. That makes her a lot more like the beyonders/the monitors than the first firmament.
If anything Perpetua and the first firmament are thematical opposites since the first firmament represents stagnation and wants to annihilate the multiverse while Perpetua wants to evolve it and actually loves her creation, while the first firmament hates the multiverse which he involuntarily spawned.

>adult women are here bitching about men

F u c k o f f