I'm not gonna give you closure. You don't get that...

>I'm not gonna give you closure. You don't get that. You have to live with the shitty thing you did for the rest of your life. You have to know that it's never, ever going to be okay! I'm dying! I'm not gonna feel better! And I'm not gonna be your prop so you can feel better! Do you know what it was like for me? I had nobody. Everybody left! I knew all those showbiz phonies would turn on me, sure. But you? I don't care about the job! I did fine! I had a good life, but what I needed then was... a friend. And you abandoned me. And I will never forgive you for that. Now get the fuck out of my house!
>You know what your problem is? You want to think of yourself as the good guy. Well, I know you better than anyone, and I can tell you that you're not. In fact, you'd probably sleep a lot better at night if you just admitted to yourself that you're a selfish goddamn coward who just takes whatever he wants and doesn't give a shit about who he hurts. That's you. That's Bojack Horseman.

Attached: Herb_Kazzaz_cancer_001.png (741x889, 481K)

Who was in the wrong here?

Cancer. Cancer is always in the wrong.

Diane for calling BoJack brave for seeing Herb again after just finding out how shittily BoJack treated him

>no closure
>but then she came back because the show must go on
>life is not a story
Is that a constant theme or just a overused meta joke?

What a rude thing to say about OP.

You know Herb, it's easy to put it all on Bojack, but did you ever give him a fucking call? Let him KNOW he didn't care about the job, but that you needed him as a friend?

Obviously a fucking theme considering the tone of the show and how it treats Hollywood.

In fact, I genuinely think this show will probably end Sopranos style with just a cut to black just when things seem about to be resolved. And I think they might actually be able to pull it off

>"That's fair. I'm won't ask again for your forgiveness because I don't deserve it. But instead, can I ask to still call you a friend?
Boom solved

Now how do you think they would fuck it up?

Attached: 1c9.jpg (500x332, 59K)

both get super drunk and coked up
resulting in bojack fucking herb causing his ass cancer to worsen to past stage IV cancer

I said make it worse. Not improve it.

Attached: Mickey, did you slip a mickey in this.jpg (219x265, 14K)

>butt cancer has transmitted to Bojack because that's how gay disease works

If Bojack was closetted gay, (and PB is his agent/secret lover)would the show more interesting?

>did you ever give him a fucking call?

To be fair, Herb really might have called, and it would be totally in character for BoJack to refuse to answer or to answer in a drunken or drug fueled state and tell him to fuck off. And for BoJack to do that multiple times. And then for him to completely forget about it. It’s easy to forget that while we know BoJack at a stage in his life where he’s trying to improve himself, pretty much the past 20 years before the end of season one he was supposedly a complete jackass. Remember the time when Princess Carolyn opens up to him and tells him about her family life growing up poor, and BoJack says “why did you never tell me about this before?” and she says “I did. Many times.”? He was shit at remembering what a jerk he regularly was to those around him.

No.

>I'm dying! I'm not gonna feel better!
he literally did tho

>"I'm gonna live forever! Hashtag 'cancer free.
>' Hashtag 'invincible.
>' Hashtag 'tweeting while driving.
>' Oh, no, I think I'm gonna hit that truck.
>Hashtag 'hopefully it isn't full of peanuts.
>' Hashtag 'Oh, no.
>It was full of peanuts.

I fucking hated that gag. They should have just let him die of cancer.

I liked it.

they had him die early in the show when it was still working out the right tone, I don't think S5 BoJack would treat Herb's death in a throwaway gag

Shenanigans cause other patients to suffer/die

And yet they killed his mother out of the screen. I think they want to avoid any easy dramatic resolve of the conflict.

The pill addiction problem last season was pretty heavy handed. Not that it's out of character for Bojack to get fucked up on pills, but the emphasis they put on it really showed that they were trying to address a topical form of substance abuse.

this, one of the worst moments of the show