Why is this a better crafted horror masterpiece than what's coming out today

Why is this a better crafted horror masterpiece than what's coming out today
youtube.com/watch?v=tDqUDt3K5Mk

Attached: Garfield-Game-1200x676.jpg (1200x676, 149K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3NwgWCy0VDI
youtube.com/watch?v=lUtcFxhK6IA
reddit.com/r/imsorryjon/
m.youtube.com/watch?v=u1LF84hzlI0
youtube.com/watch?v=_4e3wV2b3P0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

sort of reminds me of waxworks

Attached: 1557173275967.webm (320x200, 2.52M)

>tfw he literally got Otacon and Snake to add to it
>tfw it has an entire dedicated subreddit full of crazy art
At this rate, the damn thing is shaping into its own setting.

I remember when it was just an interesting piece of fanart. Internet is bleeding into reality at a rate not previously thought possible. Next Jim Davis will commit on it or something.

He's already commented on Garfield minus Garfield.

>Internet is bleeding into reality at a rate not previously thought possible.
Good, eventually the internet will become reality. That's when the real fun begins.

No, we have to stop it here. If this continues, WE'LL be the lasagna.

where is htis?

youtube.com/watch?v=3NwgWCy0VDI
youtube.com/watch?v=lUtcFxhK6IA
reddit.com/r/imsorryjon/

You want the answer?

1- They're having fun with their product.
2- Literally no expectations, the ability to have fun with what you're doing is EXTREMELY underrated. You can experiment with how you want in the way you want, setting you're own goals and limits. What they're doing it utterly unique, unless I'm missing an entire subculture of animated lovecraftian horror parodies on stuff that isn't Garfield right now but some OTHER newspaper comic derivative.
3- No competition, not really. There's people making other stuff but to this magnitude? Absolutely not.
4- The creator can work at his -own- pace and he understands exactly what he's doing. The quality shows. He's doing this for fun.

is this entire thread just shilling

Is this post a buzzword? I think it is.

Just ignoring it. It's 2019, people stopped spamming that word like a year ago, mostly.

It really isn't, and those who think so I believe are very easy to impress.

It's nice on a technical level, what with keeping to the 4 colors limitation that original Game Boy had. But beyond that? It's just another "Garfield is so ubiquitous and bland, let's make it weird!" joke, but stretched thin.

I'd have received it slightly better had it actually bothered to look like an actual Game Boy game, and not an animation badly masquerading as one by utilizing the color limitation.

I'm a big fan of the horror genre, and it's mostly all I watch. I'm not sure exactly what I like so much about it...maybe the usage of great soundtracks like Clockwork and Castlevania but it genuinely evokes that sense of dread better than some of the latest horror films I've seen. A lot of that based on soundtrack and sound design alone. Coupled with the heavy use of black and darkness. Funnily enough it reminds me of a B movie called The Suckling, which I enjoyed a lot.

Good times. I kinda enjoyed getting lost in London even though there wasn't any combat in that until the end.

I prefer Kafkaesque Heathcliff

OK.

this

Chris Chan was right about the dimensional merge.
This is only the beginning, it will get much worse soon.

Attached: godfield.jpg (500x667, 98K)

This more or less sums it up. People have fun with this stuff, rather than working to meet a deadline for something to please faceless suits.

If I get my waifu out of this I say bring it on.

Your waifu will also be Garfield.

This. OP has been shilling this impressive but entirely unoriginal video for a while now.
Not even trying to hide it with this post. “Utterly unique?” Please.

>14 separate IDs
>"lolshilling"
I know Yea Forums is one of the boards seriously lacking in overall intelligence, but please don't make us look perceivable worse than we already are.

Sinister eldritch Garfield is best when it's him being so fucking hungry that the world looks like a good enough meal for him.
Whenever it's "dude jon look at my flesh mates lmao" it's not that funny

Yeah, those 10 extra replies can be anyone, certainly not the guy who’s made this thread 2 other times and instantly jumps on any negative feedback with the “you’re just not smart enough” response. But to be fair, you have to have a pretty high IQ to appreciate the subtlety of this concept that’s been done countless other times before. You see, it’s dark and that makes it intelligent commentary.

Most interpretations I've seen of it have been him being a boundless hunger. Less a being, and more a force.

>already leaping to the ad hominem and falseflagging when getting called out
Fuck off back to the thousand "completely original" MCU and Twitter screencap threads, you pretentious cockgoblin.

/r/imsorryjon is my favorite subreddit. I'm glad there's so many people on the 4channel that post there. lol

This seems like it would be better as an actual game?

I don't think many people from here really post there. Most probably wouldnt know that it even exists.

Pretty much. I also think it's hurt by feeling more like a bunch of looping gifs loosely strung together than an actual video.

Never been there but I like the take on it.
There's actually some fan game in alpha called Lasagna Boy. Some gameplay of it is on YT. Basically you're Jon avoiding Garf by hiding behind foreground walls.

Attached: God has forsaken us.jpg (2132x1839, 730K)

Most of the main video is stuff from his previous short videos strung together into a kind of short film, with additional content throughout in the form of added scenes and loading screens.

Someone else brought this up, but it's still vlaid; it owuld be immensely difficult without a decent team, if not an excellent one. And even then, chances are it wouldnt look quite as good as what the videos show, unless they work on it for years to get everything down right. It's just really unfeasible.

Those threads aren’t much better. Just think it’s fair to criticize an artist for using their talents to create something trendy and tired. Isn’t that the reason people hate Jim Davis in the first place? Sorry if it comes off “pretentious” to criticize an internet animation, but you’re not really being any less pretentious by insisting anyone who doesn’t like this is stupid.

>Just think it’s fair to criticize an artist for using their talents to create something trendy and tired.
Literally every piece of media ever made is "trendy and tired" going by your logic, faggot. If people didn't do new takes on old concepts, nothing would ever get done and we would fucking stagnate for eternity. Again, you're a pretentious clown trying to play the part of an intellectual when you really odnt know jackshit about what you're speaking about.

What is this game about, for the looks of it, it seem to be similar to Eternal Darkness.

Wax works, the last portion has you in a mine overgrowing with some kind of plants as the main enemy. Not really lovecraftian, story is about a witch having cast a curse on your ancestors.

Gardfield would never eat the world no matter how hungry he gets.There are raisins in it.
anyone is humming the theme of Garfield and friends?

Attached: NwnxG0D.gif (1200x350, 129K)

Quick to the defense, huh? Sorry I didn’t like your video. It’s not really a “new take” on anything. Of course not everything is going to be original, or is required to be, but the way you hype this up to be a “horror masterpiece” is ridiculous. It’s a meme video with production value.

i remember seeing a theory that this meme is a representation of the decay of the garfield brand, jon represents jim davis who garfield could easily live without but still relies on for sustenance, everyone except jon (who get fucking killed by garfield) represent davis' other comics that get forgotten in favor of garfield, and some other shit

Just ask yourself why

m.youtube.com/watch?v=u1LF84hzlI0

>Rank
>H - Heathcliff

Attached: 1532151182672.png (500x531, 82K)

>mfw I own this book

Attached: 1545602975334.jpg (960x960, 87K)

I think we're hitting a very punk faze with the Garfield brand as a whole. This is something that permeates pop culture despite everyone being universally indifferent to it. Its very satisfying to abstract and defile it because honestly it makes us all feel a little more sane for knowing we aren't the only people who see Garfield as Shlock. If the atheist were to win... this is what it look like.

it's still better and creepier than that horrorverse shit from march and april

It's a matter of independent creator vs corporate creator. The independent creator can do just about anything they want with their project only being limited by their own ability for the most part (limitations of time may be self imposed and money limitations can be avoided entirely if you work solo or with others who are working on it for fun). Corporate creators are limited by time, money, executive meddling, recent trends, recent events and marketing. While it's not impossible for a corporate project to be a masterpiece it has a lot of hoops to jump through to even exist in the first place.

This is way too goofy for me to take it seriously.
The realistic cat was kind of spooky though.

Attached: 1523115972012.png (172x204, 71K)

I'm alive!

Attached: LarvaMario.jpg (654x654, 120K)

Because it's just isolated scenes and you're filling the blanks with your imagination. If it were an actual complete game you'd probably think it to be shit

Grotesque internet memes based on cartoon characters - great horror.
I bet you liked Fnaf too.
It has great pixel art and "imsorryjon" has some neat ideas and stories but I wouldn't call it a horror masterpiece.

It can't compete with Fist of the Borf Star.

youtube.com/watch?v=_4e3wV2b3P0

Attached: chadoftheborfstar.png (2518x1024, 269K)

Eldritch garf is for representing how far Garfield has fallen as a franchise.
garfielf n shit is for laffs

The pixels suck. They aren't even pixels; they're encoding artifacts. And don't dare say that's more efficient. I bet this entire anim could have been 50 KB minus the sound it it stored things traditionally.

A horror game using the Garfield setting would be fantastic.

Attached: 1474137366495.jpg (600x786, 112K)

He traced all of the Garfield sprites from another illustrator, what a fucking hack

>Doesn't understand how pixels work

>Inspired by the artwork of William Burke

>tracing sprites
Wat? The video is just based on some guy's drawings. Credited him and everything.

Attached: DpUvYElUwAAgtXc.jpg (750x748, 137K)

Sure, "inspired"

Yes, inspired

you can clearly tell it's not traced

Attached: DpUvYElUwAAgtXc.jpg (1258x402, 209K)

Alright user, point to us where on the Garfield doll where the plagiarist touched you.

You've already made up your mind, so fuck off. Not even the guy behind this, but you are literally proving my point.

Do you know what tracing is?

do you?

Youre a fucking dumbass.

It’s kind of a pain in the ass though, because it’s something that can’t technically be done without Jim Davis bein’ a little bitch about it- an actual product can never be made, just little animated shorts on YouTube and some art.
But apart from, comes the question “why not just make something original then”. The answer- everyone already knows the Garfield setting. It’s been established decades ago.

Anything attempted to be new gets swamped by a million different conflicting ideas.

This or the Elvira games worth playing?

>the pixel retard is still beating this dead horse
Unironically

Attached: 1542244837607.jpg (479x317, 25K)

It's not a masterpiece, but it's really neat.

It has great atmosphere though. I'd love to play a game like that.

You would be taking a bat to a horse corpse too if it got you 2 million views.

Well, it is probably the edgiest take on Garfield so far, you gotta give it that.

Pretty great though it's just a series of sequences and doesn't feel much like a game.

i'm so fucking tired of the "eldritch garfield" meme but i actually quite like this. the atmosphere is really good, even if it's just a bunch of gifs strung together with some added music and sound effects

OP you need to watch, read and play more horror

Unless you go towards indie games, the current slew of new horror additions are pretty fucking shit. There's Control, but that's just one game amidst hundreds of shitshows.