Superman clones

Who is the best blatant Superman copy?

Attached: superman clones.jpg (2717x1884, 1.09M)

All of those are blatant copies of Hugo Hercules, fucking zoomer.

Probably Superior or Shazam

Attached: plagiarism.jpg (1407x1873, 944K)

Who is best Batman Clone?

Attached: batman clones.png (1789x1749, 1.4M)

aquarian is my personal favorite. besides the original

Attached: 988a66c11f9a618258b4f38e5581cb02.jpg (547x1600, 263K)

Moon Knight, though Batman probably has a lot more

The Shadow- Oh, right.

what is nobody from?

TMNT

Attached: tmnt-mike-angel-as-nobody.jpg (1000x1559, 373K)

oh nice, i'm a fan of a lot of the cartoons and movies. but somehow i never really got around to the comics

I'm familiar with Aquarian as of the Marvel-Two-In-One appearances but never read his origin in the Man-Thing comic. Guess they were already downplaying his Superman expy nature by then.

An alien crash-landing on earth from a doomed planet... sure, it similar to Supes but if thats all, its not *that* similar. What was going on in the Man-Thing introduction that made him so blatantly a Supes rip-off that DC was going to sue over it?

Goku of course.

Attached: GokuSupermanripoff.jpg (531x1080, 122K)

The one everyone usually forgets.

Attached: Meteor_Man_The_Movie_Vol_1_1.jpg (537x817, 164K)

Hugo Hercules didn’t have a secret identity. Just as easy.

Oh shit, thos motherfucker.

he didn't needed one.
Or are you saying that Superman invented the concept of secret identity in the superhero's genre?

Yo be fair, Batman was inspired by Zorro, it's even in the comics and movies.

Attached: 220px-Capistrano2-1.jpg (220x313, 34K)

To the extent that it is significant and not just a disguise but something that generated most of his drama through “Lois must never know” yes. Clark was not a persona like Lamont Cranston. It was an alter ego, not a disguise.

I really like Plutonian and the take on how lucky the DC universe was that Supes happened to be a saint.

Because 99 times out of a 100, if you take a Superbaby and drop him on Earth, you're going to end up with a psychopath. How do mundane humans raise and disipline a godlike being? The odds of the superhuman infant growing up to be normal let alone a paragon of virtue are slim to none.

That "Brightburn" movie that is coming out looks to be exploring the same mindset.

>That "Brightburn" movie that is coming out looks to be exploring the same mindset.
It leaked, It's garbage.

>To the extent that it is significant and not just a disguise but something that generated most of his drama through “Lois must never know” yes.

Oh you are talking about Zorro. Superman didn't invented shit on that front.

not sure about all the details but apparently he had a red and blue unitard and some other elements they were forced to change

Post-Crisis Supes was a normal child and teenager and started being invincible only as adult. He once fell and broke an arm while still in school. You can discipline that pretty easily.

Okay, so Superman copied a set of traits from the heroes before him. This is what OP had in mind IMO: Superman clones as defined by being inspired by him and his common traits (powers, origin, etc.), not what was first.

Omniman by far

Yeah, a lot of those heroes shares their powers with Hugo Hercules (and another Hugo, Hugo Danner), their secret identity's drama (although most of them doesn't have any) with Zorro, their origin with Tarzan etc. etc.

Don't know what Superman has to do with anything.

If you think Sentry, Blue Marvel, Icon, Apollo and others are inspired by some Hugo Nobody and not Superman, you're seriously retarded.

>Hugo Nobody
Pay some respect to the guy Superman copied, idiot.

In your opinion.

>Marvel has more Superman clones than DC

What the fuck?

I liked how the High was a pessimistic but affectionate riff on the radicalism of early Golden Age Supes
>He was a man by the 1930s, full of piss and vinegar and the New Deal. He was raised by farmers, and people forget they're political too.

Attached: IMG_20190519_001146.jpg (983x1518, 564K)

Kinda weird to have a bunch of copies/expies of a hero in their own universe

Nolan was pretty cool

he statted as a normal evil superman but became batter through redemption with his family

Attached: dcrkchb-b281ca9c-b4ec-4032-9dc4-f2a27777f1b3.jpg (600x814, 197K)

>ctrl+s
>no all-might

Attached: 4574a6acd54faab47609ae52477ae8effaf2d482_hq.jpg (1024x576, 61K)

>t. Sony executive

Because this isn't Yea Forums.

whoever made that pic was enough of a normie to not even know about Mon-El, and it is not like he is the only one that is missing.

on the marvel's side, i don't really know why he put Wonder Man and Captain Britain there.

I still feel it's accurate to be honest, though

There was an old Superman expy also known as Wonder Man, maybe they got them mixed up

but Hugo doesn't fly

CAPTAIN EVERYTHING

Attached: SOOPERMANS.jpg (3610x919, 3.2M)

Apollo is based off Jesus, Superman and Northstar.
Sentry is based off Miracleman, that is based off Shazam, that is based off Superman, that is based off Hugo Hercules.

And somehow Superman isn't a clone but all the others are? Kind of hypocritical on your part.

neither did Superman, only super-strengh and big jumps
Want to know the first superhero to actually fly? Namor.

>That "Brightburn" movie that is coming out looks to be exploring the same mindset.
Nah, I believe the movie is putting forth the idea that he is evil from the get go and the Kent stand ins had nothing to do with his lack of morality.

Why Superman fans like to believe that their favorite character is super important to the world or something? Like i've unironically heard and read several times, here even, that the reason Superman isn't as popular anymore is because the world have gone to shit. It almost sounds like a cult.

>that is based off Hugo Hercules.
Just because Hugo was published first doesn't mean that Supes was based off of him. Hugo Hercules ran less than six months, do you have any source that Siegel and Schuster ever even saw it?

Superman’s been sold as a while as “pure hope, pure goodness” and when people don’t like him, they think those people don’t like pure goodness. Superman is alright in my book, but he’s nowhere near my favorite heroes

>Just because Hugo was published first doesn't mean that Supes was based off of him.
You can say that with everyone, everyone on OP's list.

Oh please don't tell me you are actually that retard to think Superman was an original creation, give me some hope and don't expose yourself as a dumb idiot.

I've actually seen the movie.
You're basically right. He flips out at his adoptive parents when he finds out he's adopted but brushes it off fairly quickly. The reason he's evil is because he's a preprogrammed invader and this programming awakens when he comes into contac with the alien ship. The movie is generally disappointing though. He doesn't try to take over the world or anything, all he does is kill a bunch people he thinks could expose him. The only part that isn't slasher villain bullshit about his character is that he seems to want some girl to join him when he eventually goes on to conquer the world. A Superman de-construction simply doesn't work when dressed like a run of the mill slasher movie.

I think you're reaching pretty far to say that there's no more chance that the creators of The Sentry were aware of Superman than that the creators of Superman were aware of a six month comic strip from a decade earlier. If you have any evidence that Siegel and Schuster were aware of Hugo, then you have a point. If not, you're just guessing (or trolling).

So 'Supreme Power'?

"House of Ideas", dude.

The term Superhero was coined because of Superman not Zorro or any non-conics pulp heroes. Batman gives credit to Zorro in some aspects but typical comics book inspired Superheroes exist because of Superman, not non-comic characters.

>normie
Normalfag.

Marvelfags arguing that Superman is irrelevant and the hero being constantly copied is actually Hugo Who has to be the funniest thing I read in a while.

Attached: Mazinger Z.jpg (800x684, 481K)

Supreme Power Hyperion wasn't evil at all under JMS, he just wanted to be left alone. The military wouldn't stop poking him for no reason.