Samurai

Post Samurai

Attached: human usagi.png (2500x1150, 780K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/hahuZ277QEs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

We got the same taste here my friend.

Attached: Usagi.jpg (530x712, 73K)

Attached: big_red_predator_by_parin81270024-d63aihu.jpg (1024x947, 142K)

>Usagi Yojimbo series never ever
why live?

Attached: Usagi-circa-2012-TMNT-series-usagi-yojimbo-41397295-600-315.png (600x315, 261K)

Attached: wolverine-new-super-power-1114231-1280x0.jpg (1280x705, 104K)

I thought one was in the works

Attached: 1492921904651.png (334x413, 69K)

Didn't know about that. Nice!
I was expecting a TMNT '12 spin-off.
Guess living is still on the menu then.

Attached: 2fdb6b37-8d4b-4030-bb90-467af9f93ae0.png (640x1824, 1.38M)

I've been looking for this image for a while.

It's p great

What's the appeal of Usagi? I come from reading a lot of samurai manga, so I would like to know if it's worth reading.

It's just a really solid historical adventure. The author did the research, so it's generally historically accurate, except for when it isn't for the sake of entertainment.

The characters are generally fun to follow, and in stories involving one shot characters, there is honestly no guarantee who will live and who will die, so there's generally a tension in that.

As one article I read about it said, probably the biggest flaw with it is just that it maintains a generally high level of quality throughout, which means there are few moments that truly stand out greatly. That's not to say nothing is memorable, everyone has their favorite stories and a few of the arcs with recurring characters are great. It just maintains a pretty good but pretty static level of quality throughout.

I'd recommend it. You won't become a furry from reading it.

Very well done stories about Japanese culture and folklore. Plus, Stan Sakai has an eye for good action scenes.

Alright. I'll check it out. Does it have any similarities to Lone Wolf and Cub?

Nibba, there's two characters in the comic that are direct homages to Lone Wolf and Cub

If you liked any given Kurosawa or Kobayashi film, you'd probably like Usagi Yojimbo.

>pretty much the definition of bishonen
>but also badass
Damn, no wonder Usagi has so many love interests

Attached: Hikiji.png (200x237, 54K)

>bishonen
usagi is buff as fuck

Holy crap, an actually good humanization that keeps everything important about the character intact? And it's a fantastic comic version (the best one of all, hands down) alongside three very good, instantly recognizable cartoon versions from different TMNT shows? I am impressed.

I know, right? The comic version looks almost like it was drawn by Sakai. I want to know who is the author of this amazing picture.

Also, this.

Fuck off, Hikiji. Go be an ambiguously human character somewhere else.

Well the image says who the artist is. Though dunno if you'll be able to find it just from that.

I wanna say the artist is japanese

If you want to read just one story to check it out, read Grasscutter. It has almost everything Usagi is liked for. Don't worry about jumping in the middle, Sakai makes great effort to make each story accessible to new readers. If you like it, then go back to the start. A fair warning, the early years have unrefined drawings and use some weird ideas that did not stick, but the writing can still blow the reader away (Mother's Love, Noodles, Dragon Bellow).

youtu.be/hahuZ277QEs

Attached: William Concept Art.jpg (1894x738, 231K)

I hope he is in Nioh 2. He won't be playable, but it would be a shame if he's out of the story. He grew on me.

And I wanna see him and Okatsu get together finally. Felt bad that she ended the last game hating him.

I could see him being a postgame bonus boss like how one of the Hayabusas was