We need more handicapable heroes in comics

We need more handicapable heroes in comics.

Attached: Based Babs.jpg (1280x1919, 313K)

We actually need LESS handicapped heroes in comics because futuretech prosthetics exist in superhero comics, making every hero that doesn't get their shit fixed either a plothole or an example for those militant deaf people that refuse to get their kids cochlear implants because "it's not natural", the stupid fucks. Seriously, way to prove Plato right, assholes.

Daily Reminder that Yea Forums's boogeyman Dan Didio has a handicapped sister, and he fought to keep Oracle, but he was outvoted by the combined power of Jim Lee and Bob Harras.

Every single character with a prosthetic, even one that enhance his or her abilities, is technically handicapped.

Attached: Zack-Snyder-Unveils-Cyborg-Easter-Egg-in-Batman-vs.-Superman-504x265.jpg (504x265, 24K)

That's not how handicaps work, m8. Cybernetic augmentation doesn't fucking make you handicapped even if you NEEDED to get it. If you are as functional or better than a normal human being, you aren't fucking handicapped.

By your argument, 90% of the people in any given cyberpunk series are handicapped.

So I was driving down the freeway and I saw a guy on a wheelchair motorcycle. Did you know they had those? My point being wheelchair Babs can still have a batcycle.

Attached: ability expo chicago 2010 022.jpg (1600x1200, 438K)

How does she train her legs

Attached: NatChamp010.jpg (673x540, 580K)

Does Barbara feel anything when her and Dick fuck. I think shes actimg when shes fucks to make him feel better.

Does Daredevil count despite being better without his sight?

That's why I said "technically". When we're dealing with super-powers and sci-fi transhumanism, the notion of handicap becomes too vague.
Simple example: is Daredevil handicapped, when he can actually "see" better than regular human do?

I'd like to see more characters (especially cute girls) with prosthetics. Not the hyper-advanced one like what you see in Deus Ex, but more clunky, "primative" ones. They're technically handicapped/crippled but with the legs on they're mobile.

Attached: ix_citadel_by_f1x_2-d9eku58.jpg (1024x724, 291K)

>the notion of handicap becomes too vague.
No it fucking doesn't. Handicap is literally defined by your physical or mental ability. It doesn't even require you to be missing parts.
>Simple example: is Daredevil handicapped, when he can actually "see" better than regular human do?
Daredevil's radar sense is literally based on the electromagnetic spectrum. The receiver is just his brain instead of his eyes. He is blind in no fucking sense (pun intended) of the word.

Labeling him as handicapped is a fucking joke. Superpowers aren't a fucking handicap.

How did she grab hold in the first place?

Grappling gun

bring back Turbine

Attached: latest[1].jpg (993x1533, 357K)

Attached: x.png (800x1105, 1.68M)

Having a prosthetic doesn't mean you're not handicapped

And not everyone can afford prosthetics
If Oracle suddenly had prosthetics and walked around everywhere, that'd be highly suspicious because her dad probably doesn't make tons of money to afford super advanced tech like that

Electrical stimulus or some other kind of science magic.

Un-crippling Babs to make her Batgirl again was one of the dumbest editorial mandates DC ever did. They want to push strong female heroes, and yet they tossed out a good thing when they had it.

Attached: Oracle_Arkhamverse.jpg (378x418, 32K)

>t.

Attached: 2964061-boys-07.jpg (674x626, 135K)

Fantastic comic tech too strong to make it stick. Prosthetics are always cool, though.

I did like the idea of Iron Man being the only way Stark could stand for a while, though.

Attached: 078DD182-4752-4BE5-A3EC-270F0F4C6714.jpg (409x302, 86K)

>dat crab

Not everyone is compatible with a prosthetic, no matter how advanced it is.

To be fair, the fact everyone seems to get "PEAK HUMAN CONDITION" as a standard makes the overcoming of a handicap by compensating with something less viable, and if it is compensated with tech rather then physique we just get the "WITHOUT YOUR TOY(s) YOU ARE NOTHING" song and dance.

The nature of Cape Settings also really downplays the impressive efforts actually needed for feats as well as portraying Invisible Handicaps because they by their nature tend to be able to supply fantastical simple solutions, or cause plot holes when they don't because Character X was shilled to be the most brilliant mind ever that can cure cancer and repair eardrums.

Handicapped people kinda end up breaking the disbelief because "Why don't the friends help fix it?".

DC erasing oracle for muh batgirl nostalgia was a huge slap in the face to handicapped people

outside of xavier she's the only other famous one in a wheelchair, i can't believe they went with it as did simone

Why did she suddenly need glasses? To look smart now that she couldn't do anything else? Or did Joker shoot her retinas too?

>he can't jump with his wheelchair

Right... Proof?

I came here for this. Good job, user.

Simone knew if she didn't do it the move would flop hard.

People who read comics will never have abs like that.

I’m actually quite glad his ability to read printed text has be heavily nerfed/downplayed recently, it gives way to more interesting problem solving and forces him to interact with more characters.

Attached: ED528998-81C2-4A80-ADF3-8D78765E121B.jpg (256x390, 26K)

Is he in the new Boys show?

>cause plot holes when they don't because Character X was shilled to be the most brilliant mind ever that can cure cancer and repair eardrums.
The ultimate casual complaint from he who does not read. Let's look at what the stories actually say. We will see that Reed gets all his most amazing inventions from three places:
The ship left by Gormuu before the team began (see FF271)
The Skrull ship captured in FF2
The planet X saucer given to the team, in FF7.
Reed is a genius: he has to be in order to make the alien stuff work. But he does not invent it: he adapts what he can scavenge. He often has just a single working example of each invention, and does not always know how they work. He also takes full advantage of every alien contact, to try to learn more.
In FF 68, Reed went to Dr Santini for advice on chemistry: Santini, a regular scientist, knew more about chemistry than Reed: showing that Reed is within the normal range of expertise.

So why does it sometimes look like Reed can invent anything? FF annual 15 is the key text here (see discussion). The history of the Skrull power beam / matter transmitter is highly revealing. Reed can achieve dramatic results very quickly by adapting alien technology. But he is most proud of a very small improvement, even though it took him months. Ben comments that he might get the Nobel prize for it, indicating that his achievements are not usually of that level. It is possible that Reed is still the smartest person on the planet and that the Nobel committee is just prejudiced, but this does put his genius into perspective. Reed then says he might get funding for "real" research into faster than light travel, despite using faster than light travel for years: this suggests that until this time he was using alien technology.

being Canadian is the biggest handicap of all

It was maybe the thing that stood outbto me most that made me completely quit DC Comics.

>this is humiliating.

(OP)
Agreed. Japan can't keep snatching all the best crippled superheroes.

Adapting the Killing Joke and its ramifications was shit in the long run, Babs just become the token cripple computer girl and Moore didn't even plan for that.

Too many hours in front of your Windows 95 computer machine is bad for your eyes user.

Attached: Rageman.jpg (225x350, 50K)

Looks like she'll be skipping leg day.

Just write a comic about yourself as a hero OP

She doesn't.

Attached: p5_11 copy.jpg (1000x1558, 389K)

I don't believe this without proof. I mean I can believe he has a handicapped sister but I don't believe he isn't the one who pushed Babs as the only 'real' Batgirl.

What we need is a way to fix injuries like this so people will stop making characters like this for puppy points

Have you considered that your overwhelming faggotry is a handicap? Or has it reached the level of superpower?

Speaking of disabled characters. Whose that triple amputee with the strainer placed on her head.

Handicap characters are disgusting and deserve to be phased out. Why do you think they fixed bat-girl who could have become a shinning example?

>Whose that triple amputee with the strainer placed on her head
Were they washing the vegetables?

Ouch.

Attached: 1557730315726.jpg (556x844, 58K)

DD can't read by feeling the ink in the pages anymore?

He can read old fashioned newsprint and most handwritten notes, but it’s limited, he can’t read paper money, most pamphlets, or anything written on glossy paper.

Silhouette of the New Warriors

Attached: img_0777.jpg (725x528, 98K)